Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #64

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #64

gma22
04-19-2004, 10:27 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

[COLOR=purple] FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE! [/COLOR

gma22
04-19-2004, 10:35 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to moderate and watch our drink intake. Pay attention to how much caffeine, sugar, and other worthless things you have in your drinks. Look at labels and see what you are drinking that is NOT water. Make sure you get your water in each day to speed up your weight loss and promote good health.

Boy I am late getting in here this morning. Fell back asleep when Jack got up at 5 and I don't usually do that. I seem to be still trying to catch up from vacation I guess. That and working on the condo.

Kind of looks like the shoes have it from the poll yesterday.

I went to the store last night and got fruit etc so I can get back totally on track and I am going out walking this morning. I am going to ease back into gym style exercising so as not to pull something and I only have a month and the POOL will be open and then it is back to water aerobics for me for the summer! WOOHOO!

I need to get going, get chores done and get outside as it is going to get hot today and I don't want to be out walking in the heat.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: YOU ONLY HAVE TWO CHOICES WHEN IT COMES TO LOSING WEIGHT, EITHER DOING IT OR NOT. MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE!

TTFN
Faye :)

Amanda456
04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
What a Great Mission Faye!! I have a question that would be kinda realated to it I guess...Every morning I have coffee and I use artifial sweetner in my coffee, I was wondering is it as bad as everyone says it is? :?: :?: :?: cause if it is I will stop using it...

Well Today is my Weigh-In day with my Weight loss Challenge team from Dr.phil.com and I marked a 5 pound loss! Yahoo!! :cheer: I cant beleive it almost 50 pounds gone!!!

Talk to you All Later,
;)
Amanda

gma22
04-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Amanda456: That is BOLOGNA! The problem with all these testings and such are that no one would take in that much of whatever it is at one time, nor do we inject it under our skin, etc. When they banned cyclamates because4 it caused cancer in rats, they injected into them and fed them over 400 times what a person would use in a lifetime. About 10 years later, they came out with a study that said there was no foundation for the removal so there you go! Use as much sweet n low, Equal, or Splenda as you like. It is not going to hurt you. I have researched it thoroughly and there is NOT ONE SHRED of evidence that the stuff does you any harm. Look at it this way, which is more harmful a packette of artificial sweetner or at least a teaspoon of SUGAR?

Man, I am pooped, but I got in exercise then exercised again, cleaning the deck (had to blow it with leaf blower, sweep, mop with cleaner then with water as the birds made a mess on it), then cleaned the patio set and bbq and set it up. I now have a lovely spot outside to seat and read or whatever and we like to grill out so that will be cool to start doing too and NO FAT cooking to boot. Tomorrow is paint the kitchen cabinets day, UGH but it is the next thing on my list and I want to do touch up painting in the kitchen too before I strip and redo the floors. I have to do the floors on my hands and knees with my black and decker scrubber so that takes forever. If there is ONE HUGE thing it does and that is keeps me occupied so I don't eat or even think about it!

Hope you girls are having a great day. I am going to grab a shower, some lunch and then hunker down with a good book until my clothes are finished in the dryer and I can fold and put them away.

zookeeper
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

I got up and exercised before work, so I was on the right track. Then we had lunch at work and a drug rep brought Panera. I thought I was doing well when I had some salad (balsamic vinaigrette dsg) and a low fat turkey sandwich with no cheese and I took off one of the pieces of bread. I came home to look up the calories and it is SO depressing! I have already had most of my calories for the day and it's only 1:37 pm!!!!! I wouldn't care so much but we're having a friend over tonight and she's making pizza so now I get to not enjoy that. It is so frustrating to try and make good choices and then get screwed anyway! :( :mad: :rolleyes: :fr: :stress: :yikes:

(It didn't help that I'm retaining more water than the Hoover Dam so the scale is NOT my friend right now)

My new goal is going to have to be not to eat lunch at work unless I bring it from home or know EXACTLY what I'm getting nutrition/calorie-wise. It's not worth the disappointment and stress.

Jessica

Satine
04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Jessica - That is a good idea, we have alot of pitch in's here at work and I never eat at them, if I dont know what the calories and fat are I dont eat it...
I too make bad choices at Panera, you think the turkey sandwich would be low in fat huh? But it isnt....I would say enjoy some of the pizza but in moderation, 1-2 peices...you'll be okay...

Amanda456 - Great job on the 5 pound loss!!! :cheer: You should be so proud of yourself :high: Keep up the good work!!!

Faye - Wow you are getting alot of work done...I am doing mine little by little to get our house ready to put up for sale, I will probably be painting this weekend, I am not looking forward to it, I hate the smell :(

Everyone having a good day? :cb:

Scuzin
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello
Had a movie night last night so...candy....popcorn...yeah...I'm currently working up the energy to go to the gym. I was up too late.

Congrats Amanda on the 5 pounds!

gma22
04-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Amanda456: Great weight loss! Keep up the good work! :hat: :cb: :encore:

Susan: Hang in there. Movie time is one of the toughest things to change our brain's way of thinking. Movies mean food! I found that if I fill up before the movie then I tend not to have to have something to eat or drink.

Jessica: Depriving yourself totally is not a good idea because that is when you tend to binge. Have 1-2 slices and remove as much of the really fattening stuff as you can, like the meats then enjoy it.

Carri: We bought this condo for a steal and it has needed a lot of work and we have messed around on the weekends instead of kicking in and working on it so we went and bought supplies to do several rooms so we can get it done. I enjoy most of it though I do get pretty tired and the fumes give me a roaring headache. Luckily I am now going to be doing stuff when I can ventilate better.

I had a great day today and stayed under my calories by quite a bit. I am upstairs for the night so no more worries about food today!

I read an article written by Bob Greene the fitness expert and he says it is necessary to have "white knuckling" sometimes to get your body used to less food. He says you can't always feel full and happy that there will be some tough times, but each time you tough it out, it gets better the next time and I totally agree. I was talking with Jack tonight and told him a couple days ago I realized that I didn't go on this vacation thinking, "what kind of new restaurants can we try while we are in Vegas?" This is the first time food hasn't been my brain's focus when traveling and that is pretty cool. I have also found that I don't feel out of control like I used to. I guess it is because I have been with this a long time now instead of a couple weeks and then quitting, but when I do have something outside my calories I don't have that "what the heck, I botched the day so I am going to pig out" feeling anymore or worse, "well I messed it up so I am just going to quit."

Everyone have a great evening!

Amanda Panda
04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi Girls!

Sounds like everyone is doing really well! I know it sounds silly, but my only goal for the next week or so is that I can eat anything but takeaway - me and Nigel are trying to get used to being in the kitchen and preparing food, rather than ordering pizza. Even on days when I really can't face cooking - then I've just made some cheese on toast - anything is better than ordering a pizza! :) Once i get used to preparing food and not constantly ordering a take away, then I will look at preparing more healthy options. Baby steps!

I'm also going to get to the gym this week as I know it will help me both physically and mentally.

I had an appointment with a mental health worker today about my depression - he suggested that I have some counselling again, which I agree with. I'm going to ring up some groups tomorrow (that offer free sessions) - but I expect they will all have long waiting lists. Anyway, I had a good chat with the mental health worker and got alot of stuff off my chest. :blah: :blah: He also said that it was really important for me to have a structured day - so I am planning on getting up at a reasonable time each day and going out to the gym. Money is really tight at the moment - but the gym is already paid for, so it is one of the few things that I can do for free!

Congratulations Amanda on your 5lb loss - and 46lb lost in total, that is absolutely amazing! :cp: :queen: :cp: :queen:

See you later!

Amanda xx

Amanda456
04-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanx Everyone for the Congrats! :D

I feel kinda bad, I was making myself some chicken for supper and I realized i wasnt hungry for it at all, so instead of just having something light like cereal or soup I ate the chicken... :( WHY??? :?: :?: :?: now I feel really full. i dunno, I guess Im just weird that way.. :lol:

Faye - WOW! is your place ever going to look so nice... :) Thanx for the little insight about the sweetner...I wont feel guilty using it :D sugar twin here I come!!

Well I think I'm going to have a bath, I am going to a doctor Appt. tomorrow in the city so I wont be around...but for target tuesday I will target on really watching what I am eating while in the city and walking as much as possible...

Have A good one!!
Amanda ;)

Mirabelly
04-20-2004, 09:27 AM
GOod morning ladies!

What a LOOOONNNNGGGG day I had yesterday! Up at 6 am and out looking for a new van allllll day. I went to 6 dealers and the very last one had something I could consider. I looked at all the caravan/voyager type minivans, but they are too damn small! I swear they get smaller every year. I also looked at some more conversion vans like my old one, but they were all incredibly swanky (which the kids LOVED! The very first one we saw had a tv/vcr AND video game system built in!!!!). I kinda liked the swanky ones, but they were rear-wheel drive (like my old one) and are USELESS in snow and ice. So, I finally found an all-wheel drive Chevy Astro which has a decent amount of room and a roof rack if we need more space. It also holds more passengers than my conversion van.

I almost cried when I dropped off my old "piece o' crap" van for the trade-in, though! THat thing got us through alot of years with barely a complaint. I loved that van, but it's time had definitely come. We seriously struggled with whether to buy a cheap, old van that "might" last a long time or might need major repairs in the near future.....or just suck it up and get something reliable and nearly new. We opted for sucking :lol3:! I feel like such a "grownup" with two nice vehicles in the driveway instead of 5 rusty mounds that sorta run.

Anyway, the day was so busy I ate like crap and didn't get much water in....but dance class saved the day from a total loss. 1 point for me.

Everyone sounds like they're doing great. I saw pizza mentioned in a bunch of posts as being a "problem" food......I've solved that by making my own pizzas on Lavash (a square flatbread you can get in the grocery store). THe lavash is already cooked and pretty low in calories. I just pull one out and top it with whatever I have on hand. I like veggie pizzas, so I pile it on. The lavash bakes up really crispy, so it's almost like pizza nachos. They are so yummy, I actually prefer them to takeout from a store. And it's faster than driving to pick up a big greasy death disc! (no such thing as delivery here in the northwoods!) Another plus is that everyone can make their own, with whatever they want on it. I can make a whole pizza for myself for under 300 calories! I control the fat, the carbs, everything. Give it a try....

Oh, in a pinch I've used whole wheat tortillas when I couldn't find any lavash. They work, but they aren't crispy.

Well, guess I should get going. Amanda456, it's good to see you again and CONGRATS on the loss! Talk to you all later,
Julie

gma22
04-20-2004, 09:51 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is again our mental attititude towards weight loss. It is imperative we fix our thoughts about food before we can be ultimately successful. There are several areas to work on with food: why, when, where, how and even who. Keep track of when you seem to want to snack more than other times of the day, ask yourself why you are comforting yourself with food, why it makes you feel better than work on solving those problems. Sometimes they are problems from way back that you need to deal with so be prepared to do that. Where do you eat? Start eliminating non-table eating, like while reading, in front of the tv, in bed, etc. You can consume huge amounts of food when concentrating on something else while eating so when eating, only concentrate on it. How do you eat? Are you a scarfer, like you haven't had a meal in a week? Do you pick, do you remove food from others plates or out of pans when the meal is over? Work on slowing down, chewing and swallowing. Remember it takes 10 minutes for the brain to register that the stomach got just one bite of food. It only makes sense that if you slow down, you eat less because you fill up with less food. Keep your hands off others plates and out of pots and dishes after the food is served. I used to pour something on leftovers to make them inedible so I wouldn't stand and eat what was left while cleaning up. All these things will go a long way to helping with your weight loss.

I got a 4 pter yesterday, wahoo! I am getting ready to go and exercise so I will talk with you all later.

Satine
04-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Faye - and here I thought I was the only one that picked at all the leftovers while I was cleaning up dinner??? :lol: I actually was doing it last night, I am going to try your suggestion and pour water over or in the bowl to make it inedible, I hope that stops me :rofl:

Julie - Congrats on the van, I felt that way too when DH finally got rid of his rust bucket truck and got a new car, I felt so much better about myself that I had two new cars in the garage, I guess that is pretty snotty sounding but hey it is all I have, ha ha .... our best friends just got a new van with a dvd player in it, paid through the butt for it - it is nice but c'mon

Amanda - Great attitude - things will get better ... :grouphug:

Amanda456- I eat sometimes when I am not hungry too ... we all do it, we dont know why...dont beat yourself up , it was chicken so it was good for you
( if it wasn't fried, ha )

Hey Jessica, Cat, and everyone else, hello and have a good one!!!! :dance:

knobhdy
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

Ohh, have I been MIA. Fear not, I have not fallen, just been incommunicado. I am on spring vacation from work, and it hasnít been an easy week so far. On Sunday we had the Easter we postponed from last week, and there was sweet raisin sauce (which I avoided) and chips and salsa (which I didnít)

I donít have access to the gym this week, so I am walking more. 5-7 miles everyday. And really watching what I eat, because I tend to eat more when I am at home, and drink less water, and those the weather on Monday helped, because it was so hot you have to keep drinking.

I took it upon myself yesterday, to clean my kitchen. It sparkles now. Even the butcher-block table and it probably shouldnít. :D All the dishes are out away and the counters are clean. And then I made tofu and bok chio soup, which was really good and all left over from Pad Thai last week. It was a really good day cause I didnít have a bedtime, so I could just go along as I pleased. I am really looking forward to summer.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.
:wave:

Satine
04-20-2004, 03:35 PM
I know this isnt weigh in day but I posted this on another thread and I didnt want to leave you girls out... I weighed in the morning at "199" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am finally under 200...not by much but still under.....I was so excited...I have not seen anything in the one hundreds for like 5 years...
I know I have quite a ways to go but I have confidence now that it can be done and I will get there...
Of course tonight I will have something salty and wake up tomorrow at
201 :lol: oh well....
Thanks for letting me share and I promise not to mention weight again until Friday....JK :p
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :goodscale :sunny: :balloons: :high: :cloud9:

Scuzin
04-20-2004, 04:09 PM
:cb: Nice Job Carri!!! :cb:

gma22
04-20-2004, 08:07 PM
YEAH FOR CARRI! SHE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OUT OF TWOTERVILLE AND INTO UNOVILLE! GREAT JOB GIRL!

I am about ready to throw this piece of crap computer down the stairs. Actually, it is the windows program that is loaded on this thing (ME) that makes it not work, lock up etc but I have just about had it. I had to restart it 5 times this evening so I could come and post.

Well I had another 4 pt day today so I feel really good about that. I was under calories again, which is ok by me though I do try and stick pretty close to what I am allowed to keep my metabolism where it should be.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Julie: Congrat on the new van. Even though it is just the two of us, I don't know what I would do without what my dd calls our big a** car. We had two huge rolling duffels, another duffel, a shoulder cosmetic bag, a laptop backpack, a garment bag and my big ole handbag all in the trunk to go to the airport with no problem. I would never have thought it would all go in there.

Have a good evening girls and talk to you tomorrow!

Faye ;)

gigglez
04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Evening all.

Faye if windows me is lockingup on you check to see how much spyware you have on your puter. Also do you have a trojan checker. I had me but upgraded to xp pro. I came home one evening and me decided that it was going to switch the format of my computer so that I was the end of that. Also make sure that there isnt any more updates for me. All of which I am sure that you already know about.

Carri----YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Julie, a new van. Nice!!

Sorry that this is short but the weekend has worn me out. Worked 14hrs on sat and 17 on sun and only got about 3 hrs of sleep before work on mon. So exhaustion has done me in. BTW I got my glider in today. Time to get busy,

sandy

Satine
04-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks Faye, Susan, and Sandy !!! :thanks: I feel really good right now...that was a major goal... :goodscale

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise, I will try to today....

I am so tired this morning, I keep saying that I am going to go to bed early everynight and still keep going to bed about 11:00 or 12:00 ... maybe tonight it might actually happen...

Julie - where are ya girl? You usually post before me of a morning... :lol:

Sandy - that is alot of working this weekend, you need to rest up :yes:

Check back in later when things liven up a bit :yawn:

gma22
04-21-2004, 10:20 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Do you have a problem we can help fix or just commiserate with you?

Morning ladies. I couldn't sleep and got up last night and stayed up until past midnight so I am kind of dopey this morning along with the fact it is warm and humid already this morning and I feel plain sticky. I have the ac at 75 just to keep the bill down. We have been having trouble with MLGW (our utilitiy company) incorrectly reading our meters etc. They did it before we left for vacation and I had them come back out, but they never reissued a new bill so I am sitting on this one until I hear from them, which probably won't be until the next one comes out! Stupid people! Worst run company in the world.

Sandy: Hope you are getting some rest and getting back to normal. Those long hours are tough I know. We have always had trouble with ME not working properly and Jack is building a new computer so I am trying to just hold on until it is done then we are going to put XP on the one I currently have. BTW how do you check for spyware?????

Carri: Sounds like we were in the same boat last night. I am not an evening person and usually am in bed really early, but for some reason I just couldn't sleep, probably menopausal junk.

Well, need to get dressed, get chores done and out the door to exercise. Talk to you all later today.

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
04-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, for the third time today..............

WOOOHHOOOOO FOR CARRRIIIEEE!!!!!!!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

You rock girl!! I don't care if you don't see 199 for another week....you saw it once, and that's a HUGE accomplishment. I'm so proud of you!

Yesterday bit....A friend of mine's 3year old daughter fell out of a hayloft onto a concrete floor. She has a skull fracture and was in icu yesterday. She is apparently going to be ok, though. The neurosurgeon said she's doing nicely. But I went to visit her in the hospital and then went to do some errands. it was an on the go, eat where you can kind of day......so no points for me. THough I "think" I probably go enough water. But, today's better.

Don't know why but I've tried to post twice today and nothing went through. So, I hope this one makes it cuz I gotta get off the computer and work on some show stuff.

Sandy and Faye.......hope the sleepies disappear soon.

Everyone have a :strong: day today!

Later babes,
Julie

Amanda456
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Good Morning Everyone! :coffee:

Well we got home from the city at 8:00pm, was it ever a long day! I did tonnes of walking, I have a hip problem and my hip use to be soar all of the time, since I started working out and losing weight my hip stopped aching, but this morning is it ever aching from all of the walking yesturday so I think I will take it easy on the excerise today.

The check up went well, I lost another 5 kilos around 10 pounds since my last visit which is good. The doctor was happy with all of the weight I am losing...:) My creatine was low which was really good (creatine- the amount of waste in the blood)

Thats about it..I'll check in later, I dont think I have anything for woe's wednesday...

Take Care,
Amanda

P.S Oh yeah...I ate pretty good too...for breakfast I had an oatmeal to go bar and a V8 drink...for lunch, which was around 3pm was a chicken breast burger ( I only ate half the bun) no mayo and a few fries...with apple juice...I did cheat a little I got a small slurpee from 7-11 and I had some chips.

Scuzin
04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Hello
Ugh, I'm not feeling well today so I don't know if I'll make it to the gym...
I've gotten back on track with water though...I'm in a challenge in another thead.
Hope you all are well

cat90
04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Carri, :bravo: :high: :cheer: Well Done!

Julie, glad to hear that your friends daughter will be OK :D Hope you enjoy your new van too ;)

Amanda456, You are doing brilliantly :cp: :cheer:

I have'nt treadmilled since 6th April :( because i've been so busy doing outdoor stuff on the property :dunno: i suppose lugging rounds of firewood around is a workout but i feel like i'm not doing my bit :rofl: really i know that i am and more ;) i've not been planning my meals either which is a drawback but when you are out most of the day you just tend to look for the easiest thing to make :shrug: i need to get more organised and back in the swing of things or i'll never see any results.

gma22
04-21-2004, 03:28 PM
I have got to be the sloppiest and clutziest painter in the world! Man am I ever tired and all I did today was two big cabinets and a set of small ones over the stove, but it kills my feet to stand on the ladder or for that matter to stand in one place for a long time (weight and flat feet DO NOT GO TOGETHER!) I got them done though so now I have the whole other side to do, which is of course where most of the cabinets are.

Julie: I am so very sorry about your friend's daughter. Hope she heals fast and I will say a prayer for her and her family.

Susan: Take care of yourself and try and get some rest and feel better!

Cat: I know what you mean about exercising other than straight gym work etc. Sometimes it is harder than a workout at the gym. You will be pleased with you results though.

Well, I look like Frosty the Snowman so I need to shower this paint off before Jack gets home in a couple hours.

I got on the scales this morning and am 8 lbs down from when I came home from Vegas so at least all those buffets are coming off! :lol:

Forgot my thought for the day: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: WHEN YOU PICK UP THAT JUNK FOOD TO EAT, BEFORE YOU DO, THINK ABOUT LAYING IN A COFFIN AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD LOOKING DOWN AT YOU!

Satine
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Julie - Thanks, you know how long I have waited to see those numbers... :)
Sorry to hear about your friends daughter, but glad that she will be okay...

Faye - Morbid thought for the day huh? :lol: Great job on the 8 pounds down, you have a great start to getting all the way back on track. Hold steady and you will be in Twoterville before you know it!

Susan - Take care, hope you feel better soon

Amanda456 - Great job on the loss, keep it up!!!!

Cat - Thanks for the "well done", I have worked hard...I know everyone of us can do it if we just set our minds to it and encourage one another.

Have a great day ladies!!!

gma22
04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Carri: Yeah, it is morbid, but sometimes that is what it takes to wake people up knowing their loved ones might have to deal with their death. When I start to put junk in my mouth I think about how Jack would feel having to see me in my coffin and I plain don't eat it.

Hope everyone had a great day today. It rained really hard here today and was pretty windy and I guess we are supposed to get more of the same tomorrow but we need rain so......

Did anyone see Dr Phil today about sexual confidence? It was pretty interesting and funny too. It is amazing how many of us sit back and pretty much watch the world go by because we are afraid to tell our spouses what we want or are so ashamed of our bodies that we let it interfere with intimacy. I am so glad that even in our "twilight" years so to speak that Jack and I have an open communication about sex and enjoy intimacy with each other. It goes a long way in feeling good about yourself along with losing weight.

Have a great evening girls and stay OP!

Amanda Panda
04-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Hi all!

I'm just popping in to say

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI !!!! on reaching 'onederland' - you deserve all of our congratulations as I know you have worked consistently hard for this - you are a great example to us all! :bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :dancer: :goodvibes :grouphug: :genie: :cloud9: :high: :queen: :balloons: :lucky: :encore: :sunny: :cheer: :goodscale

I am really struggling with a bout of depression at the moment - both me and Nigel are having a really tough time, but are hanging in there. The good news is we have not had a takeaway! Okay, this is probably due to the fact that we seriously cannot afford it - but it's still good news - dare I say it, I think I am getting used to not having them!

Congrats Faye on the 8lb loss!

Love Amanda xx

gigglez
04-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Real quick as I am about to collaspe as I have worked all day and have 2 very active boys here tonight.

Faye on the spyware here is a few answers for you. Go to webattack.com and download a program call spysweeper. That one is pretty good. THere are some programs that you have to pay for but I have a free version of it make sure that is what you get. Also go to lavasoft.com and get adaware 6.0 it checks for spyware as well. There is also a program called spybot s&d it works but I dont like it as well.

Gotta run sleep one of these days I will be able to catch up

mscat816
04-22-2004, 01:40 AM
First let me say Congrats to Carri! You are a true winner!

Sorry to be posting sooo late - Woe #1 - had a hectic day preparing documentation to fire one of my student advisors. It has been so unpleasant.

Woe #2 - I am soooo depressed. I am eating 3 meals a day, getting 75 oz of water in, and treadmilling 1.5 miles a day and I am not losing weight or inches. As a matter of fact I am gaining again - back up to 230. I am on the verge of uncontrollable crying.

I am charting everyday on my goal poster - It sits on top of my treadmill so I can look at the chart, the goals, the inspirational poems. I read inspirational books and books about health every morning on the treadmill as well. I pray for good health and discipline everyday in my morning meditation. The only white processed food I eat is diet bread (40 cals a slice) and never more than 2 slices a day, no more than 2 times a week. And yet, nothing is happening. How long is this supposed to last?

My dh says I have killed my metabolism. The book I am reading now is about eating for your metabolic type. However, according to the experts in this field I am eating right. I am at the end of my rope.

I know I will feel better in the morning and I will still get on the treadmill. My goal was to run the 5k in the Race for the Cure and to drop a dress size for my trip to Disneyworld in 3 weeks. If anyone has been plateauing forever let me know there is an end.

Mscat

gma22
04-22-2004, 05:55 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be sure and take care of YOU today. Do something good for yourself!

MsCat: Listen honey, don't give up. I know it can be difficult sometimes, but your dh may be right. The fact is, you may not be eating ENOUGH! I know that sounds nutty, but it may be true. There is a practice called zig-zagging that weight lifters use to lose weight. Here is some info on it you may find interesting to you and may jump start you. How many calories are you taking in, do you know? Just because you are low carbing doesn't mean you can lose weight that way. I would certainly think about changing my program if what you are doing is not working and you have been on it for awhile with no results or in your case gaining. I did a 5k last October so I KNOW you can do it!

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64&catid=9

Sandy: Thanks for the info on the spyware stuff.

I got to go to the bathroom for the hundredth time and decided to go ahead and post for the day. I got 4 pts yesterday again. I am controlling the urge to eat in the evening after dinner again, which is good. I am not snacking at all, but part of that is that I am keeping so busy working on the house that I don't have time to become bored, which I am seeing is probably my biggest downfall with eating away from my program. One of the things I am really working hard with is the sitting and waiting if I feel hungry. I am not immediately giving in to it.

Well, girls, I should go back to bed for awhile anyway. talk to you later this morning.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you were a vegetable, what would your friends say you were; a cucumber, a butternut squash or a pumpkin?

Faye ;)

gigglez
04-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Morning,

Mscat, have you thought that you might be gaining muscle? That can be the good thing. I know about having your metabolism messed up. I think that I too am there.

Julie, I will say a prayer for your friend's family.

Amanda WTG!

Gota run have to get ready for work. Everyone have a great day!

sandy

zookeeper
04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi all,

Sorry this is going to be so brief, but we're going out of town for a couple of days and I'm running around trying to get ready.

Congrats to everyone on your hard work!!! :dancer: :cheer:

I'm back on the wagon after two bad days this week, and I'm going to have to weigh in today since we'll be gone for a few days.. Hopefully no bad news there!

Take care everyone and GREAT JOB!! :bravo:

Jessica

Amanda456
04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Morning Everyone!

Mscat - I wouldnt get too upset about the plateau you have hit. You will get over it...here is an articial from drphil.com about getting over your plateau..Plateau Busters

By JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFI

Have you hit the weight loss wall? Check out the following tips to help you rev up your metabolism!

1. Be sure to get protein in at each meal. Protein is by far the most satiating and the most thermic (i.e. the process of digesting it raises your metabolism). The best sources are from animals, as these contain the complete profile of essential amino acids and are more bio-available, which means that your body can use them more effectively and efficiently. Look for low fat choices like egg whites, whey protein and turkey breast.

2. Drink up. Water that is! Even a little dehydration can dramatically impact your metabolism! You need water to burn fat and if you are drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages you are dehydrating your cells further.

3. Trade your starchy carbohydrate servings for more non-starchy veggies at one or two of your meals, especially your evening meal.

4. Make sure that one of your fruit servings is soon after your workout (within 60 minutes) to help store energy back into your muscles without raising insulin.

5. If possible, do two workouts some days to boost your metabolism. Just don't do cardio too late in the day and be sure to stretch afterward to bring stress hormones down again.

6. Green tea contains a compound that has been found to aid with fat burning and may raise metabolism. Drink at least 4 cups of green tea a day to get these benefits.

7. Go decaf! Caffeine can make you insulin resistant which makes you a fat storer rather than a fat burner. Trade your coffee and tea for decaf.

8. Pump some iron. Muscle dictates your metabolic rate. Each pound of muscle you add burns 40-50 more calories per day.

9. Eat small meals and snacks throughout the day. Eating raises metabolism and eating less more often means less insulin response, better blood sugar balance and fewer cravings.

10. Check your portions. Learn to read labels and ask questions at restaurants. Ask for sauces on the side and monitor how much you use. Everything counts so pay attention to how much you are actually eating and make sure you are on track with optimal amounts of protein, limiting your starchy carbs and fat and getting in enough non-starchy vegetables.

11. Read labels. Learn all of the different names for sugars and be sure you are choosing foods that are low in sugar and fat, high in nutrient value and fiber. Ignorance is never an excuse! If you aren't sure about something, skip it until you can find out if you should be eating it or not.

Hope that helps you a little....When I hit my plateau I just changed my workout a little and it helped alot!

Well Yesturday was a pretty glum day. I got quite a bit done (mopped the floor and started some flower seeds) the evening was tough, I am just getting tired of chad not comming home until 10-11 at night...I NEVER get to see him. as soon as he gets home he's so tired that he falls right asleep and in the morning he leaves at 6am I broke down last night and couldnt stop crying....cause it was around 1030 when chad got home and I barely got to talk to him and he was asleep. I think its just cause I am so lonely when he is gone...when I was crying last night he was telling me that he might be able to get another job in Alberta. So we'll see. He also told me, that if our realtionship can last this then we must have a pretty strong one. and I do Believe that, alot of people would have left months ago if they only got to see their partner for only 1 hour a day. Well I think to day will be better...so today I think that I will paint my finger nails and toe nails and, workout for an hour and have a long hot shower...

Have A Good One!
Amanda

Mirabelly
04-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Morning Chickies!

3 points for yesterday......not quite enough water. TOM this morning, so that partly explains the salty cravings over the past 2 days. I thought it was just stress.

Thanks for all the prayers for Hannah (my friend's daughter) She went home last night and her mom says that she is "herself" more and more. Though still dopey from the pain meds. An angel must have caught her, cuz she took all the force of the fall on her head and escaped with nearly no damage!

MSCAT---Don't give up and Don't give in to the plateau depression!!!! I SOOOO know how you feel! I have this stupid pattern of lose 3 pounds 1 week and then nothing for 3 more weeks......it's just the way my body's been working. I would seriously work on "scientifically" analyzing your diet. Which doesn't mean reading all the low carb/fad diet books on the market. Just focus on calories in/calories out. Write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth and how many calories it has. You might find out that you are waaayyy overeating (lots of "diet food" is loaded with hidden sugars) OR you might find out that you are, indeed, undereating and sabotaging your metabolism. The ONLY way to find out is to write everything down. You don't need to judge yourself, or feel badly, or even adjust your eating yet. This is just data gathering. You're the only one who needs to know.

When I started posting on 3fc, I was in a major plateau and Faye told me to do this. I resisted for weeks and then finally did it out of sheer frustration!! And THAT was when I started taking the pounds off. She was absolutely right.....smart cookie, our Faye ;) I should be tracking calories everyday. If I did, I'm sure I'd be under 200 by now. But the truth is, I only do it when I'm at my wits end and ready to quit. It works, it really really does. Give it a try. If you still can't figure out your stall, let us know and we'll help you figure it out. Hang in there, kiddo......you CAN do this!

Whew, that was long winded!

Amanda 456--I had about a year long stint when I was first married where my hubby was working 100 hour weeks. He slept at the office on his floor, stored spare clothes in his desk.....it was ridiculous! I often called him at 3am crying for him to come home. I think you are handling it very well by telling him how you feel!

Well, my computer is acting wonky so I'm going to post this before I lose it.
HEY, I painted my fingernails for the first time since I was like 6 or something! Woo hoo.

Later babes,
Julie

Satine
04-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Morning All ... I had a 4 pointer yesterday, might have been under just a little on the water, not quite sure, but I need to step it up again today....

Amanda - I know depression can be very difficult to go through, I know because I was there for like 5 years, the meds helped tremendously...I know it will get better for you so just hang in there :grouphug:

Amanda456 - I know how you feel, when my dh and I first got married he had to work 2 jobs, one during day and at night, I worked during the day so when I got home he was just leaving again...I was so miserable that I clung to him before he left everyday begging him to stay with me...he lost one job over it and almost lost a great one over it because he would stay home, he felt so bad...so I know it seems bad right now but things will get better and I agree with Chad - if anything good came out of it - it would be that I realized just how much I love him and want to be with him...it will be fine... :goodvibes

Jessica - Good job on getting back on track!!! Keep it up!! :high:

MSCat - I know everyone has said it but dont give up!!! You may be at a temporary stall, and I know it is frustrating, but your body will kick itself back into gear...I tend to agree with Faye you may not be eating enough, the stress that at WW that you have to eat a certain amount of food to keep your body losing and to not go into starvation mode...I would go with what Julie said and start writing it all down to see exactly what is going on
Good Luck !!! :flow2:

I have noticed that I better get my butt in gear and start exercising more, yeah I have had some steady weight loss but my skin is starting to sag a little and the weight loss is slowing down quite a bit...I have basically lost these first 34.5 without a whole lot of exercise which is nice but I knew it wouldnt last forever...so I am going to need encouragement in that dept girls...have a great day, check in later :flow1:

gma22
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Carri :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

Amanda: Clinical depression can be serious so I would certainly check it out if you feel this is something more long lasting than just the "blues." On the other hand, you have had a lot on your plate lately with Nigel's mom passing and you mentioned finances so you may just be going through a grief phase also. Here is something I want you to try. Find something, anything to do for someone else. It can be actual volunteer work or something like baking a batch of cookies and taking them around to neighbors. There is nothing in the world better for the blues than to not focus on yourself and your problems but to think of others and what you can do for them. We are here for you so check in often for support!

Amanda456: HONEEEEYYYYYY, can I relate to the being lonely part. I spent 20 years with a Naval husband who would be gone for up to a year at a time and even when he was home he would be in and out a lot. I suggest to you what I told the other Amanda. Start doing for others to keep your mind occupied and your spirit up. Make sure that the little time you do have is quality time and above all TELL HIM WHAT HE MEANS TO YOU AND OFTEN. My husband did a speech at our son's wedding and when we got back to the hotel later he said, "darn, I thought of something I wanted to tell Jay in my speech today." I asked him what that was and here is what he said. "I would have told him to make sure to tell Alicia that he loves her everyday like I do with you. To kiss her and tell her that before he leaves in the morning and to always kiss her and tell her that when he goes to bed even if she is asleep." (He does this btw even if I am asleep, he kisses me somewhere on my body and tells me he loves me before going to sleep) Be his best friend and hang in there until things improve but don't get discouraged and don't get angry, just remember he is doing this for his family!

Gotta go we have a storm moving in and I don't want to be on the computer when it hits as it is supposed to be nasty.

Faye ;)

Amanda456
04-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanx everyone, Its supportive to know Im not alone when it comes to things like this...I really feel better! :grouphug:

I'm getting pretty hungry so I think Im going to make myself some lunch I'll check in later

Amanda

Scuzin
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Hello All
Well I DID make it to the gym ... at least for a while...yesterday. I felt better after lying down for a bit...just brief stomache thing, hmpf.
I've mixed up my workout for the sake of time...I used to do cardio everyday and 1/2 strenght everyday too...but...I don't really hve the time to do that for the next few weeks so I'm going to cardio MWF, weights TTH, and bother saturday...we'll see what happens Sundays.
Go Carri! The hardest part of exercising is just starting...I never...NEVER EVER thought I would be a "gym person"

gma22
04-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Evening ladies, hope you all did or are doing well today! I stayed OP and got another 4 pter so I am jazzed about that.

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL CURRENT AND FORMER FUNNERS:

I know there are ladies who look in and rarely post, but I want to include you in this too. I will be sending e-mails out where I have addresses and pm's to those of you I don't.

STOP SPENDING THAT CHANGE, START BREAKING THAT PAPER MONEY WHEN YOU SHOP AND SAVE, SAVE, SAVE FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN REUNION, FRIDAY-SUNDAY, JULY 8,9,10 2005 IN CHICAGO, ILL. WE WILL BE STAYING IN A RESIDENCE INN IN THE SHAUMBURG AREA OF CHICAGO, JUST MINUTES AWAY FROM SHOPPING, MOVIES, AND RESTAURANTS. WE WILL BE TAKING A DRIVING SIGHTSEEING TRIP AROUND CHICAGO ON FRIDAY CULMINATING WITH A MOVIE AND DINNER IN THE EVENING, A SHOPPING TRIP TO WOODFIELD MALL ON SATURDAY AND A TOUR ON SUNDAY OF THE FAMOUS MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY AND A GROUP COOKING EVENT IN THE EVENING, PLEASE MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND. I WILL BE GETTING INFO ON GROUP RATES FOR THE MUSEUM AND TIMES ETC FOR ALL OUR EXCURSIONS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, BUT I WILL GIVE YOU A TOTAL PRICE, FOR THE WEEKEND ONCE I GET RESERVATION ETC PRICES AND CAN FIGURE A DEPOSIT FOR THE WEEKEND. I HOPE TO RENT A VAN TO DRIVE UP THERE SO THAT WE MIGHT ALL TRAVEL TOGETHER. I CHOSE CHICAGO BECAUSE OF IT'S PROXIMITY TO THE MAJORITY OF THE GROUP. I HOPE YOU ARE AS EXCITED AS I AND THIS WILL SPUR YOU ON TO WORK HARD ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. THERE WILL BE A BIG SURPRISE FOR THE LADY WHO HAS LOST THE MOST WEIGHT SINCE JANUARY OF 2004 TO JULY 1 2005 AND LOTS OF MINI GIFTS AND TREATS! SO, START PLANNING AND PUTTING THAT CHANGE IN A JAR!

Hope you girls are as excited as I am about this. I know you won't all be able to attend, but I would like for us to be able to meet in person and I had started this last year and it kind of fell through when a lot of the ladies left the thread, but it is a definite go for next year!

Have a good evening and please feel free to give me your input.

Faye ;)

mscat816
04-22-2004, 11:48 PM
I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement regarding my plateau. As I said last night, I thought I would feel better this morning but as the day wore on I was still frustated. I was preoccupied with completing the steps to terminate my student worker. During his termination meeting, I almost lost it.

Then I got home and read all of your supportive comments and everything looked sunny again. I also told my dh what was bothering me and he suggested we start working out on the bowflex again so I can add strength training into my workout. Ya think my body is bored and acclimated to the cardio workouts :?: :?: :?:

Satine and Julie - I am working hard to eat enough - I was going for 5 small meals a day but it is difficult to fit into my workday - I am often on the road and in and out of Detroit Public Schools all day. I also keep a daily diet diary and I don't eat white processed foods. Based on my diary I don't always get my water or fruit in. But I do well with my proteins and veggies.

Amanda456 - thanks for the article - some great tips that I can incorporate

Faye - I love your new picture! Thanks for the tips as well. I think cutting back on the treadmill to 3 times a week and adding the strength training 2 days a week will help.

mscat

gma22
04-23-2004, 06:21 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Did you register a loss this week? Share it with us!

Morning ladies. Have to go to the commissary this morning and go shopping and that is a half day proposition so thought I had better get in here early and start my post.

MsCat: Glad you are feeling better about things. This weight loss stuff can really bring us down sometimes, but we have to keep it all in perspective. I know juggling things around will help you and get you going again and kiss that big hunk you are married to for being so supportive and helpful as many spouses are not.

I noticed the reunion is scheduled for the week after the holiday. If you and your family usually go out of town for the holiday, I would be glad to move it down a week.

Everyone have a great OP day. I got 4 pts yesterday.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: TO ERR IS HUMAN, TO FORGIVE DEVINE. FIND FORGIVENESS FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS AND YOU WILL FIND YOU WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY A LESS BUMPY ROAD.

mscat816
04-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah! Friday is starting out great - Registered a 2 lb loss. It's not a lot since I went back up to 230 in the past two weeks, but its better than gaining or staying on that sickening plateau! :cp:

Yesterday was a 2 pointer! Got my three meals in but didn't get my veggies :mad: Will take my bag of baby carrots to make certain that doesn't happen again. But I got all my water in and a bowflex workout. I thought I was in such good shape with my consistent treadmill workouts. Now I know I have been missing some key muscles and areas of the body.

Looking back over my diary, many days I am missing some key piece of my plan - daily water, veggie intake, or fruit intake. I am good at logging my food everyday, but not so good at using the information. :shrug: Will work hard to have a 4 pointer every day.

Question of the day - What does it mean when your poop is green? :o :o Is it the grapefruit juice I have added to my water? And I am pooping sensation this a.m. - diarrhea out the wazooo! :o

Well I am off to see my daughter Carri. She is on tour with Kent Chorale and they are performing at a local high school this morning in Michigan! Haven't seen her since Christmas.

Have a great day! mscat

Mirabelly
04-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Morning Ladies!
Wow, Faye that trip sounds so fun! I went to school at Northwestern and was just thinking yesterday how much I miss Chicago. Haven't been there since 1987. If I can swing it at all, I'll be there. Probably have to make it a family trip just me and the kids.

BTW, your new avatar looks amazing!!!! Though my favorite is still the one you had when I signed on where you were looking through the tops of your glasses. Made me laugh every morning :lol:

3 points yesterday.......no exercise. Too much sewing. I'm running into crunch time for the show and sooooo much to do. THis is the part of theater that I love....the challenge of getting everything done.

So, despite a less than stellar week, and TOM......I still lost a pound this week! Woo hoo.....206. I feel like Abbot & Costello sneaking up on #199...."slooowwwly I turned, step by step, inch by inch......" ok, I'm an old movie geek.

Amanda---Hang in there girl. Grief doesn't go away overnight. The better you feed yourself and the more you can force yourself to get outside and exercise, the sooner you'll feel better. Definitely do something nice for someone and talk it out......with us or a pastor or a counselor......just don't keep it inside. Don't stuff the pain down deeper with food, either......you had just gotten to where you weren't doing that anymore and it would be very easy to do it now. HEY, I"M SO PROUD OF YOU for not eating take away. You can get through this :grouphug:

Amanda456--hope things are looking brighter today!

Susan--WAY TO GO on the workouts! You're doing great, girl.....keep it up!

Mscat--WOOOHOOOO on the pounds down :cheer: :dancer: You can do this!! btw, green poop means you have extra chlorophyll in your diet (from extra veggies) OR alot of green food coloring. I once made a red velvet cake which called for a whole bottle of food coloring........all my friends were perplexed the next morning :lol:

Sandy, Carrie, Jessica and everybody--Keep up the great work!

HAve a super day everyone...
Julie

Satine
04-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Morning Everyone, hope you all are doing great...

I havent lost any since Tuesday when I announced the 199 loss, the scale has been up and down a pound all week, but still 199 this morning, so I have a
2.5 pound loss since last week...I am such a scale addict, it is really getting to me lately, I feel I have to weigh in daily, which is sometimes discouraging, I used to weigh only once a week on our Fridays, I need to work hard to get back to doing that...

MSCat - That is so funny that you spell your daughters name the same as mine ( Carri )...I dont find alot of people who spell it that way...I always thought my Mom was crazy for not putting an "e" at the end of it like everyone else, but now that I am older I appreciate the different spelling.
Great Job on the 2 pound loss !!!!!!

Julie - Great job on the weight loss...yes it is taking you a little longer to get there ( 199 ) but you cant imagine how good it is going to feel ... you are goind to be there before you know it!!!

Faye - As I said in the email reply I sent you, I think the trip sounds great, and it is not that far for me in good ol Indiana!!! Yeah I will have to start saving now...

Amanda - Hope you are doing well today... :)

Sandy, Jessica, Susan, and everyone have a great Friday!!!!!

gma22
04-23-2004, 10:23 AM
I got back from exercising and had a minute so thought I would pop in again.

LBS DOWN SO FAR THIS WEEKCARRI-2.5 MSCAT-2 FAYE-8 TOTAL FOR THE GROUP 12.5 LBS DOWN.

Julie: yeah, yeah, yeah Julie, you liked the other pic cause you can tell in that one I am an OLD LADY with those reading glasses on, which btw, were Jack's and not mine! :lol: :lol: :lol: Makes you feel younger..... When's the last time you did the horizontal tango on the couch? :o Hmmmmmmmm Us old folks still got it! ;) Hope you can go next year. I think it will be a blast! I LOVVVEEEEEEE Chicago.

I need to vent my Wed woe on FRIDAY! We bought that new fridge and the dopey installer didn't put in the filter for the water (Jack put it in when he got home, dumb me just thought they gave you an extra!) then he didn't test it to see if it leaked. I remember watching him connect it, ask for a glass then say, "No, it looks fine and give it 24 hours before it will make ice and work properly because the tubing is old." I should have thrown a fit, but what the heck do I know about it. Wellllllllll, the puppy has been leaking since we got it (at the site where you attach the water to the fridge) I went into the bathroom on the first floor this am and there was water everywhere. I mopped it up and it kept coming. We traced it to the fridge and now our linoleum has been ruined from the water (it is old, but we can't afford to replace it right now) and I am pretty mad about the whole thing. At myself for not insisting they wait until it started working and the yutz for not completing the install, which we paid for correctly. (oh and BTW, the dope didn't have the water turned on enough for it to work, Jack did that too) Now on top of that, we thought the was seal on the downstairs toilet was broken, but now we are not sure whether it is or if it was this water seeping under the wall. What a mess. I have a whole load of towels just from mopping up! We have had more plumbing issues with this condo than anything else.

Well, I need to hop in the shower, get beautiful and go to the commissary with all the old folks. The base out here doesn't have a lot of active duty people so most of the shoppers are the retired set and I MEAN retired as in, been on Medicare for 15 years! :lol: There are more Caddys, Lincolns, and Grand Marquis in the parking lot than most car lots! Course, I have a Grand Marquis so guess I have to chalk myself up to being one of the oldsters. My daughter told me, "You know you're getting old mom when you drive around in a big a** car with a little dog." Well, we have a big car and a little dog that goes with us on trips so.........

later, girlies,

gigglez
04-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Morning ladies!

Faye ROFLMAO about that big car and little dog. I see it all the time at the store that I work at. About the trip I will be saving as I would love to get to meet everyone up close. Can you just imgaine the fun to be had? I will have to mark my vacation time for that week when we get the new calanders at work next year.

Mscat, have you thought about an infection in your body. I sometimes see green when I have one. Also there are certain food that will color stool as well. About the hubby being gone. I know that it is hard but everyone is right when they tell you that he is doing this for his family. Look at it this way absence makes the heart grow fonder. Richard use to work away from home when we first got married and I loved it. After all when you are not together all the time you can't quarrel and such. OK a double edge sword but think about it.

Susan mixing up the workouts will only be helpful to you. I think that your body does better that way.

Got my glider and have used it every day since I got it in. Some days twice. Last night I watch ER while on it. I like it because it is so easy to move. Right now it is in the livingroom and just might stay here for a while. Worked myself hard yesterday. After work I went to my mothers and gave her her iv meds and then weedeated and mowed her grass. Ran out of daylight before I got finished. I will have to put the rest off until Tues. I am off on Sunday but that is my day. Got cloths in the washer and I am going to get in sometime on the glider before I have to shower and get moving before work.

Have a great weekend everyone

sandy

Scuzin
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Good Morning
I'm claiming a 2 pound loss! The thing is I've been almost exactly the same since last saturday. But hey, 2 pounds is 2 pounds. AND I get to add an extra smilely to my signature! I'm back at 30 lbs total weight loss :D One more pound and I will have officially lost everything I gained over the winter....then...3 more and I'm half way there....AND under the obesity line! The tension is killing me!
So something I need to work on this week...to make sure I get my next goal...I'm really not doing well with food...I need to reevaluate and make better choices!

Carri - I weigh in everyday just so I can be accountable right away if I eat a huge meal the night before. Maybe you should graph the numbers so you can SEE that its an overall loss even if it fluctuates durring the week.

And Congrats to you and all on the losses! Faye - 8 pounds?!?!

gma22
04-23-2004, 02:01 PM
LBS DOWN SO FAR: 14.5, SUSAN 2 LBS DOWN! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

Susan: When I do everything I am supposed to do, I lose very very quickly. When I started Jan of 2003 I lost 63 lbs in 3 months! My problem is eating out and if I keep my heiny home and eat then I stay on my program and lose lose lose.

Please keep in your prayers, Marie Tillman and the Tillman family. Mr. Tillman was an NFL football player who enlisted in the elite Army Rangers after returning from his honeymoon in 2002 right after Sept 11. He gave up a $9 million contract to serve his country and the news out today is he died in a firefight in Afghanistan. He was only 27 years old!

Man, what a shopping experience. It was raining when I left, but not badly. The commissary is about 30 miles from the house and by the time I got out onto the interstate the rain was pouring down so hard you could barely see. I got onto Singleton Parkway which goes into the base and some yahoo women in a little car decided my 40 mph wasn't fast enough went zooming around me and hit a huge lake of water in the left lane, throwing it onto my car and I was totally blinded. I couldn't see her, the cars in front of me and there were cars in back but I had to just try and slow to a crawl until I could see again. I just prayed none of the cars had slowed down too. I just wanted to smack her! Stupid woman, she is lucky she got through it alive as fast as she was going.

Well, I need to eat a little lunch. Talk to you later!

Mirabelly
04-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey Faye, you didn't count my little 1 pound loss.......did I piss you off with the picture comment?? :lol: :lol: Actually, I liked it because you looked drunk as a skunk in that photo, not bec. it made you look old! :lol3:

Is it just me, or do you seem to be having water issues lately?? Leaking fridge, toilets, rainstorms.........calm down Faye, the pool will be open soon. You don't need to swim in your house :lol:

Congrats on the 2 pounds Susan!

Later babes,
Julie

cat90
04-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I am so off plan its not funny :( so i'm gonna revise my scrapbook of weightloss tips and recipes this weekend and start a plan on Monday morning :cb: i hate reading about all your successes when i'm such a failure :lol: (i'm pleased for your success tho' ;) ) i want a piece of the action again :D

Faye, the Chicago trip sounds fantastic :D i won't be able to go :( much as i'd love to, i'm sure you'll all have a great time :)

MsCat, i was going to give you a pep talk and i'm so glad that i don't need to now :) congrats on the 2lbs loss :cp: YOU DESERVE IT! don't think it would be the grapefruit juice that is causing your problem :dunno: are you taking any vitamins/supplements that could be the culprit?

gma22
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
OOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS! LBS DOWN INCLUDING Julie's magnificent, terrific spectacular 1 lb loss is now a 15.5 total for the week. (ok, ok, did I redeem myself now :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Julie: Damn, I'd rather look old than drunk! Sheesh!

We are having lots of water issues and that includes me getting up 4 times during the night to PEE! :lol: Luckily, the hose only cost me $6! Now the problem is how hard will it be to remove the old copper and put on the new hose. We seem to be very unlucky when it comes to home tasks!

CAT: YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! Just because things are not going too hot for you right now, does not mean you have failed. You are looking into reshaping your plan and that is good. Remember we are all here for you and will help in anyway we can.

Gotta run and get hubby from work. At least it ain't a rainin' now! (watch, I will get in that car and drive 2 miles and it will start pouring again even with the sun out!) :lol:

Faye ;)

Satine
04-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Since I normally dont make it back in to post over the busy weekend I just wanted to stop back in before the end of the workday and wish you all a great sunny weekend!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Stay OP !!!!
:)

mscat816
04-23-2004, 06:31 PM
I am still having green poop! :lol: :lol: I will check my temp when I get home and see if Sandy is right about an infection. I thought about what someone said about veggies but I have not had any dark veggies like spinach lately. Oh well, I feel good despite all that.

Sandy - I think you are mixing my dh with Amanda456! Mine is home (for the moment) and can't stand for me not to be home with him!

Carri - I did notice and forgot to mention the spelling of your name! My daughter's name is actually Carrianne - but I spell her nickname your way.

Congrats to everyone for such a great week!

mscat

gma22
04-24-2004, 08:47 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny or sweet thing do you have to share with us today?

Later, ladies. I was up past midnight with a horrible thunderstorm that dumped half dollar size hail on my deck and I was afraid it was going to break my glass patio table or the windows AND it and the lightening had the pets scared so I had to baby them too so I am pooped.

Mirabelly
04-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Morning Beautiful Ladies!

I finally got a 4 point day in yesterday! Forced myself to go out for a walk late yesterday when the sun finally decided to come out for a while. It's raining now, but I noticed a couple of FLOWERS in my garden.....so that's a good sign.

Have tons of work to do before rehearsal tomorrow..........So, everyone have a great weekend!

Julie

mscat816
04-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Having a great Saturday - stayed in bed with dh till 10:30 this a.m. (we are kidless this weekend). ;) We had some great conversation and a very late breakfast.

I dropped another 1/2 lb. by the end of my Friday! Go figure. I think the bowflex workout and the extra protein is helping. In addition, I started out the day working to get my water in by drinking 24 oz upon rising. I tried to stay on my program but developed a swollen tongue and sore throat in the evening which made it impossible for me to eat and drink! It was a struggle to eat my last meal in the evening so I had to cut it short. However I did get my exercise in - a 2 mile treadmill workout! :tread: I am going to register for the 5k in the Race for the Cure!

My sunny, sweet thought for the day!

My dh's best buddy lives out of state and they don't get to see each other often. I hold hubby to go ahead and take the road trip with his friend during the July 4 weekend instead of attending my high school reunion and a family wedding with me. He was so overwhelmed that he told me I was the most awesome woman he has ever known and I was never going to be able to get rid of him! :D

Needless to say, we are having a great weekend. Hope everyone's weekend is just as great! mscat

mscat816
04-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Just a quickie now that the server is up! Stayed at home all day and worked with dh to change his oil, filter, and air filter on the cobra. We just got in from shopping and getting ready to squeeze in an upper body workout on the bowflex before we have turkey burgers - yum :p

I am still frustrated with my lack of loss but I am determined not to give up! Boy this is the hardest thing I have ever been through. We weigh in on upper body day and I am up to 230 again. :?: :?: :?: Fortunately, I don't have to get back on the scale until next Sunday so I am going to just work hard and pray that we will see some results in the next week. All I want to do is crack 220 by the time we take off for Disneyworld on the 14th. Once I get beyond that I know nothing can stop me. I almost made it a few months back when I got down to 222 one week.

Have a great evening everyone!

mscat

gma22
04-26-2004, 07:53 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US ON #65