Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #56 "Times a wasten!"

Well it is heading towards the end of the 4th month of 2004! How time goes by so easily. How it is so easy to ignore the scale or make excuses for that "extra helping" or that "little endulgence" And then another day, month or year goes by and you are no smaller, lighter or healthier that you were.
All I can consistantly say for myself is I am still posting here. This web site has been a great thing for me. And I can say that when I am posting I am not eating ( as my hands are busy). But I still need to make some changes. At 41 years old, my weight keeps me from doing alot of things. I see success in many places ( way to go Julie!!!) And people with success made good choices and positive changes in their life! I have had success in teh past. I know what works for me. Now I have to deceide that I am worth the effort that it takes for success.

My goals for this week are:
Water 2 liters/day
I will w/o or expend energy 3 times this week.
I will not go to the coffee/pastry shop on Friday!

How are all the rest of you?
My plan is to e-mail the lot of you this week

How was the weekend Julie and Melody??

It's time for me to get serious!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:26 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

Hello,
Well I am alone again. PMS is rearing it's ugly head. Carb cravings galore. The scale is holding steady. AM better with the water.
How are the rest of you doing?
Lurkers probably think I am crazyLOL
Old 04-21-2004, 04:44 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Well it is hump day. I must confess to eating 4 cookies last night. It is amazing to me how hormones and fluctuations in blood sugars can make a sane educated person completely blow it. I have had 2 awful food days! And while I am responsible for my choices, it seems that the deck is stacked against me. What a circle. Very frustrating.

But how is everyone else?
Julie how is teh new puppy and your shoulder?

Melody how are you doing with the exercsie?

Hello to teh rest of you.
Check in.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #4  

Hi Pat! I didnt desert you! I didnt get in a post before i left but i went to my moms for the week! Just got home and doing great! I hit my half my body weigth gone today. I weigh 170 and have lost 170. so catch me up for the week with you.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:26 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

You Julie are totally awesome!!!! What a milestone for you! How is your mom doing? I am sure that she loved having you. DId you have the kids with you?
How is teh new puppy?

Things are the same here. Very quiet! PMS over , thank gosh.
Taking it a day at a time. Will report later
Old 04-26-2004, 07:16 AM   #6  

Mom is doing good, Eugenes kids were over this weekend to start cleaning out his but they were respectuful. Angel is doing really good and settling in well. The kids love her to bits and she loves my husband lol. She likes me but her favorite is my hubby. I am going to call the dr to see what i need to set up or if they set up physical therapy for after surgery. I am glad things are going well for you. Its about time!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:56 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Good morning,
Well a good day yesterday. Still pretty busy @work. Although my urgent file was empty. That has never happened before so I am paranoid that I forgot somethingLOL.
DH and I have been talking about getting a dog again. We both work, so I am afraid we wouldn't be availble enough.
I am glad your mom is doing OK. That past weekend was probably pretty hard on her.
I guess surgery time will be there before you know it.

I can't tell you how awesome you are! Steadily working towards your goal! YOU ROCK!

Off to face Tuesday
Old 04-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #8  

Good morning!

I am so glad to be seeing warmer weather! I am glad things are settling down at work for you! I am headed to the gym today and then probably shopping. How close to Vermont are you? I am in the middle of Vermont. Just wondering how far apart we live
Old 04-29-2004, 06:02 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Well I am in Watertown. I am probably 2.5 hours from plattsburgh, NY.My goal i s to check out the Y this weekend. Got a couple of courses to wrap up in the next few weeks. Ate well yesterday and also got in my water.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #10  

I am probably 2.5 hours from plattsburg I think too. I hope you like the Y! I dropped alot of quickly this week and i really dont know why other than I was on a plataue the last 2 weeks. I was at 164 at the gym last night but im not going to count it because i should be bouncing back up a pound or two . I posted a link with pictures of my excess skin on the 100 lb club and maintainers forum for anyone who wants to see them. I have had alot of views so far. I was very curious at the begining what my skin would look like when I was done so I thought I would do that for others wondering the same things.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

I can't even begin to express my admiration for you on so many levels.
Your dedication and commitment to yourself as evidenced by your weight loss. The fact that you are able to share such a personal part of yourself by having your mother take those pictures to answer questions of "strangers".

You are totally awesme!!
Old 05-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #12  

I only did it because i remember my curiosity when i heard about the excess skin and just how much there is. I also want to reasure anyone else who has the skin issue they are not the only ones. But i still feel the skin is much better empty then full of fat! How is life treating you? I went for a bike ride with the family today and it felt GREAT! My 6 year old rode his bike with no training wheels today for the first time! I was so proud I could cry!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:37 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Well it is cold this morning! Yesterday was better until afternoon. I began weeding the garden, and I am feeling it this morning. Cannot wait until this class is over! Not enough time in teh weekend to get things done!

Congrats to your son!! What a nice family activity!
Well off to work
Old 05-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #14  

Weeding is good! You burn lots of calories weeding. How are things at work going? Finally smoothing out? You will have to let me know where it is incase I ever make my way through Northern NY! Its not really that far away. I went back to the drs and my ovarian cyst is getting a little better and i get to go back in a month. Fun Fun!
I really wonder what happened to all the others who used to post here? I miss them too!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Hey Julie!
You are so close to goal!! What are you planning to do for yourself?
We are in Watertown which is 30 mins to Canada.
How is your shoulder? and new puppy?
I miss the women too. It is unusual for all to be gone at the same time. I am beginning to wonder if I said something wrong!

Work seems quieter. dealing with people( not the client) can be tricky. Back in the cold again here. Snow in the forecast again. But I am trying to get focused. I am allowing other things to distract me. Way too much going on!!
Closed Thread