Support Groups - Lo Carb #56 "Times a wasten!"

View Full Version : Lo Carb #56 "Times a wasten!"

1fralick
04-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Well it is heading towards the end of the 4th month of 2004! How time goes by so easily. How it is so easy to ignore the scale or make excuses for that "extra helping" or that "little endulgence" And then another day, month or year goes by and you are no smaller, lighter or healthier that you were.
All I can consistantly say for myself is I am still posting here. This web site has been a great thing for me. And I can say that when I am posting I am not eating ( as my hands are busy). But I still need to make some changes. At 41 years old, my weight keeps me from doing alot of things. I see success in many places ( way to go Julie!!!) And people with success made good choices and positive changes in their life! I have had success in teh past. I know what works for me. Now I have to deceide that I am worth the effort that it takes for success.

My goals for this week are:
Water 2 liters/day
I will w/o or expend energy 3 times this week.
I will not go to the coffee/pastry shop on Friday!

How are all the rest of you?
My plan is to e-mail the lot of you this week

How was the weekend Julie and Melody??

It's time for me to get serious!

1fralick
04-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello,
Well I am alone again. PMS is rearing it's ugly head. Carb cravings galore. The scale is holding steady. AM better with the water.
How are the rest of you doing?
Lurkers probably think I am crazyLOL

1fralick
04-21-2004, 05:44 AM
Well it is hump day. I must confess to eating 4 cookies last night. It is amazing to me how hormones and fluctuations in blood sugars can make a sane educated person completely blow it. I have had 2 awful food days! And while I am responsible for my choices, it seems that the deck is stacked against me. What a circle. Very frustrating.

But how is everyone else?
Julie how is teh new puppy and your shoulder?

Melody how are you doing with the exercsie?

Hello to teh rest of you.
Check in.

dowsx4
04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi Pat! I didnt desert you! I didnt get in a post before i left but i went to my moms for the week! Just got home and doing great! I hit my half my body weigth gone today. I weigh 170 and have lost 170. so catch me up for the week with you.

1fralick
04-26-2004, 06:26 AM
You Julie are totally awesome!!!! What a milestone for you! How is your mom doing? I am sure that she loved having you. DId you have the kids with you?
How is teh new puppy?

Things are the same here. Very quiet! PMS over , thank gosh.
Taking it a day at a time. Will report later

dowsx4
04-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Mom is doing good, Eugenes kids were over this weekend to start cleaning out his but they were respectuful. Angel is doing really good and settling in well. The kids love her to bits and she loves my husband lol. She likes me but her favorite is my hubby. I am going to call the dr to see what i need to set up or if they set up physical therapy for after surgery. I am glad things are going well for you. Its about time!

1fralick
04-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Good morning,
Well a good day yesterday. Still pretty busy @work. Although my urgent file was empty. That has never happened before so I am paranoid that I forgot somethingLOL.
DH and I have been talking about getting a dog again. We both work, so I am afraid we wouldn't be availble enough.
I am glad your mom is doing OK. That past weekend was probably pretty hard on her.
I guess surgery time will be there before you know it.

I can't tell you how awesome you are! Steadily working towards your goal! YOU ROCK!

Off to face Tuesday

dowsx4
04-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Good morning!

I am so glad to be seeing warmer weather! I am glad things are settling down at work for you! I am headed to the gym today and then probably shopping. How close to Vermont are you? I am in the middle of Vermont. Just wondering how far apart we live :)

1fralick
04-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Well I am in Watertown. I am probably 2.5 hours from plattsburgh, NY.My goal i s to check out the Y this weekend. Got a couple of courses to wrap up in the next few weeks. Ate well yesterday and also got in my water.

dowsx4
04-29-2004, 09:29 AM
I am probably 2.5 hours from plattsburg I think too. I hope you like the Y! I dropped alot of quickly this week and i really dont know why other than I was on a plataue the last 2 weeks. I was at 164 at the gym last night but im not going to count it because i should be bouncing back up a pound or two . I posted a link with pictures of my excess skin on the 100 lb club and maintainers forum for anyone who wants to see them. I have had alot of views so far. I was very curious at the begining what my skin would look like when I was done so I thought I would do that for others wondering the same things.

1fralick
05-02-2004, 12:23 PM
I can't even begin to express my admiration for you on so many levels.
Your dedication and commitment to yourself as evidenced by your weight loss. The fact that you are able to share such a personal part of yourself by having your mother take those pictures to answer questions of "strangers".

You are totally awesme!!

dowsx4
05-02-2004, 06:12 PM
I only did it because i remember my curiosity when i heard about the excess skin and just how much there is. I also want to reasure anyone else who has the skin issue they are not the only ones. But i still feel the skin is much better empty then full of fat! How is life treating you? I went for a bike ride with the family today and it felt GREAT! My 6 year old rode his bike with no training wheels today for the first time! I was so proud I could cry!

1fralick
05-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Well it is cold this morning! Yesterday was better until afternoon. I began weeding the garden, and I am feeling it this morning. Cannot wait until this class is over! Not enough time in teh weekend to get things done!

Congrats to your son!! What a nice family activity!
Well off to work

dowsx4
05-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Weeding is good! You burn lots of calories weeding. How are things at work going? Finally smoothing out? You will have to let me know where it is incase I ever make my way through Northern NY! Its not really that far away. I went back to the drs and my ovarian cyst is getting a little better and i get to go back in a month. Fun Fun!
I really wonder what happened to all the others who used to post here? I miss them too!

1fralick
05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Hey Julie!
You are so close to goal!! What are you planning to do for yourself?
We are in Watertown which is 30 mins to Canada.
How is your shoulder? and new puppy?
I miss the women too. It is unusual for all to be gone at the same time. I am beginning to wonder if I said something wrong!

Work seems quieter. dealing with people( not the client) can be tricky. Back in the cold again here. Snow in the forecast again. But I am trying to get focused. I am allowing other things to distract me. Way too much going on!!

dowsx4
05-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I woke up to snow covering my car this morning!! ITS NOT FAIR!! We had 80 degree weather saterday here and it was nice! I wore shorts!

My shoulder is ok they moved my surgery to june 9th. Im not really looking forward to it but its got to be done. I will probably be absent for a few days after so please dont leave! Angels is wonderful and a handful at the same time. I love her so much already! When I get to goal I dont know what i want to do. I have tried to think of something but I never have settled on one thing. I was hoping to be at goal by the end of summer but I am thinking that the surgery putting a damper on my exercise might hinder that. But as long as I dont gain I will be ok.

1fralick
05-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Well the snow didn't stick here, but is was cold. DH asked for a snow mobile suit to finish the lawn in. Well I hope you think of something totally endulgent. SOmething that you would never do for yourself!
I have started the Dr. Phil book again. Recognizing that if for right now I can stay the same I will be doing well. Get these 2 internet classes over. Things seem to be stable at work. Just need to keep things in perspective. The personell issues are the worst.
ANd I get too worked up over them.

Sorry about the surgery being delayed, glad about the puppy.

Oh I will be here

dowsx4
05-06-2004, 10:16 AM
I have heard alot of people say that even if they dont like DR Phil that his book has alot of good points. I personally have not read it. I hope it does good for you! Have to take DH to the drs today he lifted too much weight last week doing squats and now he can hardley walk. I hope he didnt tear his ACL. IT wouldnt work for me to have shoulder surgery at the same time he has knee surgery! I wish you a warm and wonderful day!

1fralick
05-08-2004, 11:05 AM
No that definately would be a bummer! But its great that you both have been working on getting healthy!
2 more weeks and I am on a much needed long weekend! One of my course wraps up next week and teh other the week after!
Cannot wait

dowsx4
05-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey there chickie! It has been hectic here this week between the hubby milking his leg for all its worth and trying to help my mom get all her stuff in order and trying to fit in the gym and grocery shopping I am on the go alot! I am so looking forward to the kids being out of school because then I dont have to plan my life around dropping them off or picking them up from school!

Speeking of school how is classes going? Any big plans for summer?

1fralick
05-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Hey girl! I love your avatar. School is 2 weeks out! Cannot wait till it's over. I hope this summer will just a time of redirecting some energy towards health. But other than a few vacations. nothing grand. How is DH knee?

dowsx4
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
DH is being a big baby and can find the strength to do the things he wants but if I want to do something his knee hurts too much! I am headed to the gym tonight then got to come home to make something for dinner but I am not sure yet what I am going to make. It was very nice here today not too hot and not too cool! I am looking forward to swimming and playing in the pool tonight.

nasus40
05-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Ok girls I am not totaly lost. I have been here but not here if you know what you mean. i have not even lurked. No time.

Julie I am so proud of what you have done you are my IDOL!!! half plus your body weight gone!! I will check out the pictures. OnePhatMan lost huge amounts of weight and so did another person that I know the other man was going to have plastic surgery but his doc told him that it would reabsorbe. I thinkk that has a lot to do with ifyou exercise or not.

Pat I was so afraid that i would have lost you from hanging in here. I am so glad that julie did keep you company. I hope to be around much more. swimming is back running. so there is much down time for me. I have internet on my cell phone but do not know how to use it. maybe I can learn and spend that hour chatting in htere!! I do have my note book but OMG how dumb can one get?? I erased one of my drivers and now I can not get it to work!! I do not have backup of them so it is a vicious cycle!! way to funny. I should be crying.

so girls tell me where you have been this last few months???

I am ranging about 215-220 15 down from the begining of the year.

dowsx4
05-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome back Sue!! I was afraid we were going to abandon ship! I will be absent for a while next month so Pat will need someone to keep her company since I will be having shoulder surgery. I am enjoying the warmer weather and finding less time for the computer but i try to catch up at least every other day because it helps keep me focused. Please keep posting!

1fralick
05-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Hello all
Sue I was worried! Glad you are back. Julie has been great!. Isn't her loss awesome. Check out her pictures too!

Hey Julie, The warm weather sure is a godsend. I am almost done with my class. Then vacation!

dowsx4
05-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Pat did I tell you that my hubbys leg wasnt just sprained? It was actually a stress fracture in the tibia! I told him not to go overboard with the weights but he didnt listen....

1fralick
05-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey all
This is the last day of my class! Can't wait til it's over.
Boy Julie, I hope Dh is OK!
Now Sue where the heck did you go?
Looking to get on some track somewhere this week
Have a great weekeend

dowsx4
05-26-2004, 12:59 AM
Sue???? Where did you go again!!

Hubby's leg is feeling much better and wont use the crutches anymore even though he is supposed to be on them for 2 more weeks. My surgery is 2 weeks and counting. My friend called tonight and her husband who is in Bagdad call her from the hosptal today. His group got hit by enemy fire and he has some cuts but not bad enough to send him home but they lost 2 of his crew and 2 more are hurt enough to be sent home. ITs been really busy here, my oldest son is turning 7 thursday and been trying to get ready for his party.

How is school winding up Pat? Almost over and then you can relax a little bit!

1fralick
05-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Good morning!
School is out and I am on vacation. The weather is supposed to improve(it has been cold and rainy)
I am sorry about DH not using teh crutches. I hope this doesn't slow his recovery down.
With all of teh distractions gone I have been able to concentrate on what not to eat.

I am glad your friend's husband wasn't too seriously hurt although I am sure she wants him home. My DH works at Fort Drum, so he knows people and families that are away or just got back or are going again. Very stressful.

Well 2 weeks away from your surgery. ALmost there! How is your mom doing? I hope she continues to feel better.

I am off to do some shopping.
Thanks for checking on me

dowsx4
05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Mom is doing great, still a little lonely when she is home alone but she is getting used to it. I usually go spend the weekend with her but I wont be doing that this weekend due to Jeremys birthday party. Hubbys leg seems to be fine and I have given up trying to get him to stay off of it. I plan on making cupcakes tonight but i am budgeting in the calories for one.

I need to start getting plans in action for my sugery and recovery. So far I just know my mom will be with me and i have a few easy clothes to put on after. Im glad school is over and you are on break. When do you go back?

1fralick
05-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Good morning
Well I was to go back this fall, but missed the application deadline. I am going to see if I can take an elective course locally. Looks like the weather will be grand today!
ENjoy yout son's birthday. How old will he be? The kids must be done with school soon. ANy plans for the summer?

dowsx4
05-29-2004, 11:16 PM
I feel yucky today. We had Jeremys birthday today and I ate cake and ice cream and then had pizza and potato chips too. It is the first time in a long time I have eaten so much junk in one day. I feel tired and still hungry and not at all motivated! Its getting to the busy weeks for me, I have all kinds of appointments the next 2 weeks just before my surgery and I am still trying to get ready for that. I feel like I am getting pulled in several directions at once. But I am just taking it one day at a time and trying not to fret over stuff that isnt that important.

What are you studying for classes? I went to collage for nursing for a year and half and always planned to go back sometime. I will try once the kids are in school and dont need me quite so much.

1fralick
06-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Good Monday Morning!
Well I do feel much better after a week off from work. I actually wokr up before the alarm and got out of bed after pushing the snooze only once!
I am actually thinking about exercising! Who would have thought!

Julie isn't it terrible how those foods affect us? I get so darned upset with myself when I endulge(which is most of teh time lately). I am sure that you are right back where you need to be.
I am pursuing my masters in business and social policy. I am also an LPN and SUe is an RN. Nursing is a hot career right now. There is quite a shortage! I didn't seriously start college until my late 30's. It was a challenge working and school.
Today is day 1 of getting healthy again for me. I feel focused and better in "the zone" I bought the new low carb living mag( which I thought was very good) and have been trying to get rewired in my head. Of course I haven't been to work yet to see how many fires need putting out.

Well check in when you can. we'll count down until your surgery!

nasus40
06-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Hot career you bet. I have lost so many nurses I staill am covering for them. we just hired 2 more and have a third soon to be.

Yea I am here. just got a NEW copmuter and finally fixed my lap top. so with these new gals I should not be so tired trying to do three different jobs just 2.

as for diet I have bearly started back up to the gym and i misssed a week for various reasons. one morning I slept till 9 am!!! eating has not been the best but not the worst. I am going to run again but love you all!! I can not promise anything but to try harder to pop in. this is what motivates me!!!

Julie good luck with your surgery!!

1fralick
06-04-2004, 06:29 AM
Good m orning ! I can happily report that I worked out 2 times this week and will be doing a 2.2 walk this evening. I have been better on my woe. Having trouble with ice cream no less!

SUe You are missed!
Julie how are you? I know you had alot of appts this week.

nasus40
06-04-2004, 06:05 PM
had not to bad day untill lunch. i must plan better. I have my yummy broccoli salad available for me to eat. WWWWOOOOOO I just really hits the spot but it is heck on the tooth I broke last week. I was going to get it fixed but car repairs. I had almost 1000 saved then I bought this computer and was starting to feel the crunch when dd1 car went in the shop for 100$ ten mine for 400$ then she got a flat tired for 60$ and needed struts 4 of them and mounts as well. start tuning for 600$ well the tooth i must just wait. I can not aford to pee any more, and with the price of meat these days.....

on the good side I did go swimming today and really feel good I was again complimented by several other swimmers on my strokes. I feel good. I keep telling them that it is the fat that is making me float so I can do the strokes better. :lol:

Julie how are you haning??? I will be praying for you.

dowsx4
06-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey there ladies!! Sorry its been a very long week, Between hubbys appointments and helping my mom throw a going away party for my cousin who is leaving for the Irag soon. Sugery is comming up day after tommorow and I am getting nervous but I know it has to be done. I am down to 158 for now but I am sure I will gain a few not getting to the gym for a few weeks. Just have to keep on track with the foods and not let the comfort foods get the best of me. I wont be around for about a week or so after my surgery I am sure. My cousin just had the same surgery and they have him on muscle relaxers and percocets for about a week and he was just not concious much!

I will check in tommorow night my lovies!!

1fralick
06-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey Julie, I think you are going to miss this but I will be thinking about you today! It will soon be over! Do you realize that you are 8 #'s from your goal?
You seriously rock!
Check in when you can to let us know how you made out!

Hey Sue how goes it?

nasus40
06-13-2004, 09:00 AM
well a few weeks of heck and I managed to fall off the wagon when I was doing so well.

Time to get back on!!

Julie I am thinking of you and how your surgery is doing. I sure hope that all is well at your house. 158!! fantastic. I need to pop back in here more often to see your progress. I am just so happy to see you do it.

The weight lifting is out for me for a while I just can not do it with my elbow. it hurts too much. even lifting some thing simple hurts. I am taking motrin like it is candy hoping that it will take the inflamation down so it will heal. but I have been swimming and feeling great as far as that goes. I need to get up earlier and use the gazzell that is sitting on my porch first then hopefully I will burn this fat. that is no pressure on the ankles or knees or the elbow. so what am I waiting for.

Pat I see you haning in there so strong and just hope that some day I will get a chance to stop in and see you. If you plan to head down to syracuse let me know I may be free to visit with you and we can do lunch. I will be changing jobs again moving to the busier floor. OH MAN WHAT AM I THINKING????? I am not sure when that move will be. we will know more on monday I think.

so it is clean up day for me. the kids want to go to the Ithica mall today DD2 for a bathing suit DS1 for a bike and DD2 just to bug me! :lol: Have a great day.

1fralick
06-15-2004, 06:51 AM
Hello!
I can actually report a OP day! I had found myself in such a circle of bad eating feeling terrible and then more bad eating. I would hate to measure my waist! but I stayed true to course yesterday.
I have been given an award and the ceremony is this september, it would be nice to buy a dress in a smaller size. I go on vacation in a couple of weeks. Not letting myself get so burned out! But I had to spend the day reminding myself that I was OK and that the food wouldn't help.!
We set up the roof work and DH is building a fence.

Sue Hey, we will make a meeting date! I can't tell you how much I miss everyone! A new job, busier? still in charge? Boy there is nothing worse than joint pain to slow a person. I have an appt with the foot MD and will discuss my options. I am even toying with surgery. The weight just complicates the issue though and the pain keeps me from working out. It sounds like things are better for you this summer! that is great!

Julie. Thinking of you , take care of yourself. I have been using thoughts of your success to help motivate me. Hope the surgery and post OP are not too painful for you and look forward to seeing you!

dowsx4
06-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey ladies, I am alive and getting well. I got good dnews when they got in there there was as much damage as they anticapted and only had to do half of what was planned! Still hurts like the dickens but I am moving it and doing phusical therapy. Was not happy comming home the day of surgery going in weighing 158 and comming home weighing 173 :eek: . But that was all fluid and it is getting better. I hope to be back around more near the end of the month. Talk to you all later ladies!! And i would love to hear all about what has been happening while i was away!

1fralick
06-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey I am off to start a new thread!