South Beach Diet - Hittin' the Beach!

View Full Version : Hittin' the Beach!

Wildfire
04-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I already know Ruth, ellis, and Mauvais (and of course, am a huge fan of all three ;) ) and I am looking forward to getting to know the rest of you.

After yet another attempt at WW that just didn't work for me, I've been doing some research into the SBD. Wow, it makes sense! I've always thought that I might be one of those insulin resistant people, but living with IBS, all those "bad" carbs were my safe food. I like that I will be able to add them back in moderation after Phase 1. I do have the higher waist to hip ratio, so I am hoping that this diet will address that problem, too.

I signed up at southbeachdiet.com, and I'll decide if I want to renew after the first 13 weeks. Do most of you have subscriptions there?

So here I go. Hittin the beach on Tuesday...need to grocery shop after work tomorrow.

mauvaisroux
04-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the Beach Wildfire! :wave:

Glad to see you back on the boards.:) I don't have a subscription at the SBD site but I do get the daily dish e-mails.

Lyric
04-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Welcome, Wildfire --
I think you will like the SBD -- i did the WW thing too, but it, like all other diets except for the SBD failed for me --
good luck to you and i wish you an easy journey.

sb4life
04-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi Wildfire :wave:

Welcome to the beach. I love it here & hope you do too!

smartypants
04-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Welcome Wildfire! I don't have a subscription, but then again, I am only able to get on my computer on the weeknds due to work and school commitments during the week.

RNMOM
04-19-2004, 01:59 AM
This is a great place to be!

Ruthxxx
04-19-2004, 06:38 AM
:wave: Waving southward and westward at Wildfire. Nice to see you here!

ellis
04-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh, for gosh sakes. It's you again! :lol3: Hey, sweet thing... welcome to the Beach. :grouphug:
Most of us don't have subscriptions there... we don't think it's worth it. But you may like it...

Wildfire
04-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the subscription but I don't have the book yet and wanted to see what the website had to offer. I can cancel after four weeks and get a refund for the balance if I find I'm not really using it.

justjodi
04-19-2004, 09:30 AM
welcome to the beach wildfire!!! i read the daily dish but thats about it for the sbd site for me. between the book and this forum i found all the info i needed. good luck on the beach!!!