Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:49 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Recommitment to summer challenge!

Well it seems that spring has finally arrived! and with that summer is just around the corner

We all seem to be doing well in the Summer Challenge so this thread is just to give us all a little boost and motivation to keep going

If anyone would like to recommit to their summer weight loss plans please post your current and/or new goals or any changes you have to your old ones. This will also give any one new an opportunity to join in.

I will be closing the summer challenge thread but I am leaving it up so everyone can review their posts and can copy and paste them into this new thread in part or in their entirety.

Lets go Alternachicks! Together we can do this!
Old 04-16-2004, 11:09 AM   #2  

Hey! I just realized that I have lost a total of 8 lbs already! Whoohoo!

Summer Challenge Previous weight: 168lbs
June 5th goal: 150 lbs

Current weight: 160 lbs
June 21 goal: 150 lbs

I have decided to change my goal date to June 21-the official first day of summer!

Plan that I am following: ww/SBD

What I have done to reach my goals so far:
-planned weekly menus and grocery lists
- increased my exercise to 1 hour 3 X week
- kept junk food out of my house for the most part -not always easy
- attended ww meetings faithfully
- tried out some healthy new recipes

What I would like to do:
- exercise everyday for 1 hour
- stay OP on the weekends...very hard!
- keep a daily food journal...I am sporadic about this

Things I would like to achieve:
- my body to be more toned
- being able to walk up stairs without losing my breath
-feeling healthier and having more energy
-fitting into a size 9

Reward: some new summer clothes, a day at a spa!

This is my commitment to myself!
Mauvaisroux
Old 04-17-2004, 09:38 AM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

CW : 193
GW: 140
plan : am just trying to change my whole lifestyle. portion control ( a major prob. for me) lots of water. move more.
reward : to finally wear the pile of jeans that sits in the back of my closet for " some day"

ok, the above was my old goals. now my new and revised because i slacked off goals.

CW : 182
GW :165
I am going to do this by making my workouts more of a priority. taking advantage of the weather and get outside and get moving more. Still drinking my water. cut out all processed foods. ( have been eating a lot healthier but now i want to up it a step and start to cut out all processed junk from my sight, and belly )

not only will my reward be to fit into my "one day" clothes but even more importantly is the fact of knowing that i didn't let myself down. that a goal was made and reached, I can do this!!

11 pounds lost so far.
17 to go!!!
I am going with June 21st as my summer challenge date to give myself a reachable goal.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

I'm coming in late, but I'd like to join the summer challenge too!!

I'm embarrassed to write down my weight (because in the past few months I've gained back most of what I had lost so I'm basically starting over).

Let's see, it's April 18 today. My first short-term goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of May for my niece's graduation. I know that seems like a lot for about 6 weeks, but since I've been so far off track lately I'm expecting the first 10 to come off pretty quickly if I can stick to the program!

My next goal is to lose 25 pounds by mid-August for a family reunion.

So here I go....

CW 198.5
May 30 goal: 188.5
August 15 goal: 173
Ultimate goal: 125

How will I accomplish this?
* I have started to re-read the SBD book, and yesterday I bought the new SBD cookbook. I'm ready to recommit myself!
* I'm going to walk every day with my dogs (one of them could stand to lose a couple of pounds also).
* A biggie for me, I need to get back to drinking my water! That makes such a big difference in how fast I lose weight. No more diet coke (ok, only on special occasions)!!
* I bought a DietPower computer program, and I'm going to be diligent about tracking my food, water, exercise, and weight. With me, out of sight out of mind....if I don't see something in black and white I don't think about it.

April 18....the first day of the rest of my life!!!

Last edited by twodogmom; 04-18-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #5  

Welcome back twodog

Sorry to hear about your gain but glad to have you back on board!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:42 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

Thanks Mauvais! It's great to be back. It's a sad fact of life that stress is the nemesis of emotional eaters on a diet. Ah well, just need to look forward and not back!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #7  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Ok. I visited yesterday but I didn't want to post yet after being a very bad, bad girl over the weekend. But I'm better today Whew. here goes!

Current weight: 196lbs
June 21 goal: 186lbs

I'm just going for a 10 pound loss because I haven't lost ANYTHING lately.

Plan that I am following: Uhh...not to eat everything in sight?

What you will do to reach that goal: Mon-weights&treadmill Tue-step
Wed-weights and tread, Thur-step and tone, Fri-weights&tread, Sat&Sun optional aerobic days. Also add 30 minutes of walking at lunch.

Reward: ?Not sure yet, I need to think about that one.

Personal goals: Find my self control and learn to plan healthy meals.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

MMMMM K

Well here we go again!

Well my summer goal isn't going to change much. I started out originally at 156 when I joined the summer challenge and made a goal of 140. I am sticking to the 140 pound goal.

Weighed in this week at 150.5 so I have 10.5 pounds to lose by June.

This was originally my goal weight also, I am not sure at this point that this is what I am shooting for or not, just depends on how I feel when I reach it. I really am happy with what I have lost so far, I am fitting in to most of my smaller clothes in the closet, most of my 8 jeans fit- can squeeze into my 8 Levi's but don't expect to eat while wearing them.... Just want to be comfortable with me, all of my scrubs for work look like maternity tents at this point, had not planned on having to purchase anymore scrubs but think I may have to address altering them because they are way too big.

Well here is my plan:
I am sticking to Atkins, the low-carb way has work this far...

Goals:
Ummm lets think about exercise in the future.
Increasing H2O and decreasing caffiene.
Start taking the vitamins in the cabinet before they expire AGAIN....
Sleeping when it is appropriate instead of all the time (yeah right)

Well the above is subject to change depending on the day or my mood but it sound good right now
Old 04-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #9  

well i went over to Tina's ( my best girl here in town) and got her to do my workout with me. lol she hates moving even more than me. the plan is to try an meet 3-4 days a week after i take hubby to work and workout together. hoping this helps being accountable with someone else.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:22 PM   #10  

Good goals everyone

I have recommitted to exercising...so far so good...3 days out of 3 and tomorrow I have a dance class...
Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #11  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Way to go Mauvaisroux! Good job blugrrl! It does help having a workout buddy. My friend from work Tracy and I have been working out together for a year. 95% of the time we really help each other and encourage each other to go even when we don't want to, its that other 5% you gotta watch out for cause it can be easy to skip a workout because she doesn't want to go. But we've really had a good time so far. We even took a before photo together and have taken an update photo and one of these days we're gonna have a final after photo!!! Good luck to everyone out there. We are women, hear us roar! hehe
Old 04-23-2004, 07:15 AM   #12  

Amy : i am roaring i am, lol. well i know what you mean, she didn't feel up to it yesterday but i kinda thought that so i did my workout in the a.m before going over there. i understand though she has fibrmygia(sp?) so i have been after her for a while to do light aerobic to help her muscles. she did say that she thought to start she should do every other day. so we are trying again today. but i am still doing my 2 miles as soon as blue leaves for school.

Mauvais : that is exactly what i am having to do recommit but i noticed as soon as i started exercising again this week my mood lifted.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #13  

Well so far this week, between doing pilates for two mornings, bellydance class two nights and walking I have managed to exercise everyday this week

blugrrl- I have felt that lift too after exercising

shoequeen- my best friend and I are going to ww together and take a bellydance class together....we took a before and mid point picture together and we will be taking a "reached our goal" picture together too It really helps when you have a buddy to do this with.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #14  

I didn't join in the original Summer Challenge, but I have been a bit stalled on my progress lately. I really haven't been gaining OR losing, just hanging out. I think that having a longer term goal will kick my butt into gear.

Current weight: 169
Goal weight: 159
Goal date: I like the June 21st goal, so I'll go with it.

What I have done to reach my goals so far:
Planned Meals and limited grocery shopping to once a week.
Exercised at least 40 minutes 5 days a week.
Drink a gallon of water a day. (Altitude + desert climate + weightloss.)
Log everything on Fitday.

What I need to recommit to:
Cooking and eating the meals I plan and shop for.
Making my lunches the night before I spend a whole day at campus.
Sticking to my 1600 cal limit.

Habits I would like to form:
Going to bed at a reasonable time (Midnight.)
Only 1 hour a day of TV.
Only 2 meals out a week.
Add a day of exercise.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #15  

Hi Hannah
Mauvais : I have noticed that with the sun coming out more this week it has def. improved my mood, and today will be day 4 of exercise every day. yeah me
Closed Thread