Support Groups - Stay At Home Mom's #151

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #151

watkinsguru
04-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!

spryng
04-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Good morning all!!!!

Got some great news!!!! GOAL!!!!!!!

130#'s on the nose this morning!!!!! I couldn't believe it! After that terrible meal yesterday!!!! (which means I probably would have seen the 120's today but that is ok!) I am so so so so so thrilled and excited and elated to see that number. I can't even remember the last time I was 130 lbs. That was a 3# loss this week. The lowest I got down to ever was 134 lbs. So I'm so psyked!!! Now I'm on my way to my personal goal of 120 lbs, but that one can come when it wants, no rush now. :) Also I bought a Tankini yesterday!! (haven't tried it on yet) but it was on clearance and I thought, why not? Dh picked out the color. I am so happy right now!!!!! I got on and off the scale 3 times just to be sure and every time it said 130!!!!! Guess I need to update my signature!!

Crystal, thanks for starting a new thread. The old one was getting hard to read, the pages were messed up again. Hopefully this one doesn't do that.

I can't remember any posts from the last one right now. But lets see..
Ginny, is your cold gone? So sorry it hit you so hard. I hope you feel like yourself soon!

And about flylady... I understand about starting in the middle of a week... keeping up with the zone was hard, next week will be easier though. But I did deep clean the bathroom and both kids rooms so I guess I did it ok. I need to hit my hotspots today and what is the messiest room in your house that you have to declutter for 15 min today? Mine is my bedroom. Clothes everyehere... endtables not very neat and of course the computer is in here too. Also we are suppose to use an old toothbrush to clean faucets today so I guess I will do that sometime this morning too.
Ok, guess I'll get off here!! Have a wonderful friday all!!!! Don't know when DH will be in today so I'll be in and out of here. TTYL!

Chubba
04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Just another quick hello here!

Congrats Crystal !!! That is great !!!!! AWESOME!

Spryng, don't sweat yesterday...at least you got to spend the day with Dh and the kids. The Diary of a Fat Man book I'm reading...he says whenever he faces a food choice he asks himself " is this something a fit person would eat?" Sometimes the answer is yes even if it's not a healthy choice...as long as it's not every day. You should not feel guilty even if it means you retain water and your WI doesn't go as weel as you would like :). How was it anyway??? Enjoy Dh this weekend.

TOM's coming next week. I think that is part of the reason that I was so angry at Mom yesterday. She's working very hard to get the garden ready for us. I'm much better today! Also...she's not here yet lol..I think I scared her!

Well, everyone have a great OP day..it's the beginning of a nice weekend. Ginny I hear it's going to be nice in NY this weekend so hope that cold goes away quickly!! Michele hope you're feeling well today.

Gotta go hit the shower!

Chubba
04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Congrats Spryng!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!

BIGtimeLOSER
04-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I weighed in and my scale said...

I lost 1.5 pounds, even with TOM!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :goodscale

So that puts me at 7.5 pounds in 2 weeks and 12.5 since 3/30 doctor visit. Not too shabby, all things considered.

Congrat to you, too, Spryng. I think I was in the 130s last in 1991 going through my divorce, I'd love to see it again on better terms.

Thanks ladies, for being my inspiration and support :grouphug: :thanks:

watkinsguru
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
SPRYNG

:D :bravo: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :flow1: :dancer: :goodvibes :cloud9: :cloud9: :high: :balloons: :lucky: :encore: :encore: :sunny: :cheers: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
SO HAPPY FOR YOU. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meltin
04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
This seems to be a great week for everyone. I am down 3 pounds. I am using my carbs for fresh fruits and it seems to be working out. Had mashed califlower last night.

Will get back later, JW is calling.

ebeth2210
04-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I am so thrilled for you!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I am also so jealous!!! :kickcan:

I totally blew it yesterday. Yesterday was a really stressful day for me. I am gonna have to come up with a gameplan this summer to keep from pulling my hair out with these 2 boys. I can send Erik out to play, but since we are in apartments and there are cars coming in and out all day, Nathan can only go out when I take him. He cries and screams when we come in and sits by the door and cries. I guess I'm going to have to set aside 2 days a week to clean my house and get them out to the park or beach a lot this summer.
When dh came home I asked him to take them somewhere but he was tired and had to lay down. So I went and got me a 32 oz beer and destressed. After that I just didn't care and also ate 2 bags of M&M's. :mad: PLus I had 2 bowls of rice and beans, which normally is a healthy meal but not 2 bowls. I think I ended up with 2200 cals and 42 pts. :stress: I am with them 24 hrs a day and its mentally taxing. Theres no where to get and recharge. My Mom used to keep them for me, but she can't handle them any more. Next time I am just going to have to go for a walk or something. I hate to leave them here with dh cause he lets them rip throught the house and when I get back I have to deal with the mess. I don't know what I am going to do. Sometimes I feel like I am just going to explode and then I start feeling mean. Please tell me some of you have these moments. I feel like a monster. :devil:

Anyway, enough whining. I am going to stick to my limit today. Get me some exercise. Dh did say he would take them to his dads tonight. Maybe I can kick back and read a book or something.

Congrats to all of you who lost and keep up the good work.
Michelle-I'm glad things went well for you.
Geri-I hope TOM isn't too hard on you. Yeah, right, huh :lol:

Gotta go

meltin
04-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Mary - Hope you are having a better day! Is it the terrible 2's that I should be worried about? I only have one so I don't have much advice. Mine is talking and playing in the crib right now. I need to run some errands but as soon as I put him in the car he will sleep. I am bad about using my workouts as an excuse to eat something extra. Hang in there. You have to take one day at a time. I have been on a program before that you have a day off of dieting so you don't have to think about it. Hard for me to do with dieting always on my mind. BTW, So yesterday is your day off. Get back on the wagon today. You can do it. :coach:

Cindi - Sounds like the GI is similar to SB. I had a banana this morning, which are so high GI. It has to be better than stuffing my face with crackers though. Congrats on the weight loss. I hope this is a pattern for all of us.

Penny - Glad to hear weaning is going well. At what age can they take soy milk? With the weight loss this week, I am going to try to stick with nursing for a bit longer. Maybe the first TOM finally coming had to do something with flushing out fluid. Good for you on the loss.

Jessi - We use the mess fruit holder at dinner and he is content until we finish. He hates when I take it away. I put the cookies in it today and he loved it.

Crystal - Keep up the good work. The calorie counting must be working for you.

Spryng - You are my inspiration. I need to get on the ball. JW is 7 1/2 months and I still have about 30 to lose. Watch out for you all thin and tanned up this summer.

5/7 workouts this week. I don't think I will get the ones in on my work days. DH is doing good too. He weighs in on Monday. It is so much easier having him doing it as well.

Any exciting plans for the weekend. DH birthday is on Monday. We are going to see some Nascar movie at the IMAX. Good thing it is only 49 min. Nothing much else.

BIGtimeLOSER
04-16-2004, 04:40 PM
TADA!! I went to the store and looked at the Easter Candy on clearance...then I walked away!!

THEN I baked cookies for the kids, they smelled yummy, didn't touch one...YET! I can be strong...can't I? But I wish they would eat them faster!!!!!

geez! :devil:

Loveliam
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Hello! I'm brand new to the boards here - can I join your SAHM group?
My name is Leigh, and I have 33 post-baby lbs to lose :o My son is 6 months old (he's our first). I am looking forward to this board becuase I do need support now and then to stick to my weight loss goals. Am I allowed to say what kind of diet I'm on, or is that againt the rules?
I'm looking forward to meeting all ya'll :)

watkinsguru
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Welcome Leigh, btw I love your name. Anyway, I'm Crystal, 27 yo, sahm of 3. Alisa is 5 1/2 yo, Ally is almost 3 and Andrew is 16 months. I have 55 more lbs. to go to my first goal we'll see after that.

Of course, absolutely, tell us what plan your on!!! We love to know. Some of us count calories, do Weight Watchers, watch carbs, South Beach, what ever works best. I, myself, I count calories. Here you will find lots of fun, laughter, motivation, support and absolutely anything else you need. Please come by often. I post 2 to 3 times a day. Keep us informed how you're doing. You'll get to know us soon as if we were bf right around the corner. I've been around about a month and have lost 10 lbs. I'm sure alot of water weight, but that's better than nothing.

Welcome again.

TTYL

watkinsguru
04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
OOOOOPs!!! I'm not 27 yet, I can't believe I did that. I'm 26 will be 27 in July. What was I thinking???

jessivalentino
04-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Dear Ladies--

Ginny-Sorry to hear that you got a cold too. No fun! Hope you feel better and get a little time to rest.

Crystal-Wahooooo!!!! Great weigh-in! I bet you were pretty dang excited to see that number and maybe a little surprised too? That is just awesome.

Cindi--It is nice to be a loser huh? Good Job!!!

Spryng-Great Job!!!You are just on Cloud 9 I'd bet. Congratulations on reaching goal weight, you have worked hard and deserve it!!!

Geri-Hope that TOM is gentle with you. Don't worry, I'm sure your Mom didn't take it personal!

Melinda-Good JOb to you too!!! Wow, sounds like you are right on track!!!

Mary-So sorry about the stressful day! Don't be hard on yourself, when I get stressed out I usually react much worse than that. Don't worry, everyone has moments where they just can't take it anymore. I'm dealing with one baby and one husband (occasionally a baby) and I get times when I feel like I'm going to blow up, or when I yell at my husband, etc..And I just have one! My Mom was the greatest mom on earth and even she would lose it occasionally. Just be gentle with yourself and you will have an easier time being gentle with everyone else. Hang in there! And remember, sometimes your mental sanity is more important than a clean house.

Welcome Leigh, I'm Jessi, I actually joined this wonderful group of ladies a week ago. They have been very supportive. I am in a very similar situation as you are. I have an 8 month old and I'm trying to lose 35 lbs. I've just started cracking down, but I am just amazed at how much this forum has helped. It has really helped me to stay on track knowing that I'm going to report how I did to everyone. Hope that we can help you too! Welcome!

Well, I'm doing well today. I'm going to go throw the frisbee with my DH now (a little exercise for both of us!), then he and I are going to Champions on Ice (Figure Skating) tonight, that should be fun, someone from church gave us free tickets. Hope everyone has a great night!!

Loveliam
04-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Good to meet you! I say 10lbs is 10lbs and that's awesome! I am doing Medifast to get the weight off initially and am reading Dr. Phil so I have a maintenance plan in place. I just started. I need a lot of structure in order to stick with a plan which is why I think Dr. Phil's change of lifestyle idea might work better for me as a maintenance idea.

BIGtimeLOSER
04-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Welcome Leigh, I am Cindi, 37, mom to 7 and I live in GA, too. Isn't it a beautiful day today??? :D

This is the best support system around, I have never felt like losing weight was so easy, thanks to these ladies! I hope you love it as much as I do.

Post as often as you can and let us know how you are doing. I am also reading Dr Phil's book, just started.

Glad you joined us!

ebeth2210
04-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Hey, everybody
I hope everyone is having a good Friday.
Thanks everybody for the support. I just needed to vent. We went swimming today. Usually Nathan just runs circles around the pool, deep end included and I have to chase him but I actually got to sit still for awhile today. I talked to him before we went and told him we would stop and come home if he ran.

Meltin-Is Meltin your screen name? I didn't see a name in your signature. Actually, Nathan, who is 2, almost 3 isn't really that hard to handle. Its the terrible 10's you have to worry about. That and the fact that if they get together, watch out!

Cindi-Good for you! I can so relate. Its takes my 2 yo an hour and a half to eat a Happy meal. Sometimes when I think he's finished I sneak a bite and somehow he always knows. "Mama, did you eat my fries"? :eek:

Leigh-You are welcome. You will feel at home here. :grouphug:

Crystal- :lol: That is so funny. I have done the same thing. It seems to be only when my BD is getting close.

Jessi-thanks for the kind words. I can relate on the dh being another kid. Have fun tonight.

I have been on track today. I ate leftover pinto beans which have a lot of fiber. Calorie wise I've had about 1200 cals, but the more fiber, the less points you have, so I only have about 18pts so far. I may or may not eat them later.

Talk to you guys later

Loveliam
04-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Jessi - yes, it sounds like we do have a lot in common:) It will be fun to support each other toward our progress. Ice Skating sounds like fun - DH has to work late tonight :(

Cindi and Mary - nice to meet you both too. I definitely need a support network! I've been good today, but it's hard. I already feel hungry, but am reminding myself that's normal for the first few days. I'm not even sure that I really am hungry - I think I just want a chocolate bar!

Chubba
04-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Hello all,

Cindy congrats on the 1.5 lbs gone....Melinda..hurray for you're great loss of 3 lbs!

Welcome Leigh! I'm Geri 40yo SAHM of 2 boys, Will and Tony, almost 3 and 1. I have read Dr Phil and am following his "plan" so to speak!

Mary, screw the housework! Once the weather is nice no one should be worried about cleaning the house. It always manages to get done! Don't worry about your one day...we all have them. There are days I would love to be single and childless again :) I'm sure everyone has those too! Glad you're back on track again.

Did my 3 mi walk this morning and a few laps around the subdivision with the kids today. It was near 80 here so we have been out all day long. Finally got Tony down and Will's with Dh watching TV and should be passing out any time now. Then it's my turn. I did actually do 3 loads of wash today folded and put away. Had to dig out the summer clothes so will have to switch them out with the winters this weekend. Can't put the winters completely away yet with the weather here in WI! No big plans for the weekend here. Just some cleaning...it's supposed to rain off and on...watching my gf 2 kids for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon...easy job, they keep Will occupied...and just haning out with the family. Maybe we'll go monitor shopping 'cause this distortion is really annoying!

Hi to everyone else out there. I'm so tired...my bed is calling me! Had some cantelope and a yogurt tonight...healthy snacks! Had a light dinner of a salad and a baked potato with just some buttery spray on it so I was hungry. Have a wonderful ngiht and I'll check in again tomorrow!

watkinsguru
04-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Well good evening everyone. I think most of you had a good day. I didn't take notes, I'm incredibly tired for some reason. I didn't eat great today, but for some reason I only have this problem on Fridays. The rest of the week and the weekend are fine but Friday's kill me. But I don't let it get to me too much because I'm still losing weight. I could actually consume 1800 calories a day and still lose weight but I manage to get about 1500 calories a day therefore I see it kind of like the WW flex points. It's flex calories, I may not keep track of them but since Friday's are my only problem day I don't feel the need. I can tell I'm eating less w/o even thinking about it and I'm staying filled up longer probably because of all the water.

Spryng, I know your dh is home today that's why you haven't been around much and I hope you're out enjoying every possible minute.

Leigh, glad you received such a warm welcome. Keep coming back because I guarantee you will find comfort here and achieve your goal.

Mary, it's hard to give suggestions on this topic. I know EVERY sahm has felt it and gone through it. I don't have 2 boys and my one is alot to handle, but I do have 2 other kids for a total of 3 and I homeschool. I don't get but about 5 or 6 hours of sleep at night and that's with a couple of interruptions. I live in a 2 bedroom house and about 15 minutes from town. My mom and dh, and in law's all work. My sister moved an hour away so her comfort is online or on the phone. All I can tell you is this: It took me a VERY long time to get comfortable with my life the way it is. I'm still dealing with it. I pray alot and turn to the bible when I'm feeling distressed. I took on something for myself being becoming a Watkins associate which doesn't take up much time but I have so much fun doing it. And it's for me. I do it when I want, the way I want and I feel like I've achieved alot. That has made me feel alot better. Also I joined flylady this week only yesterday but her words have already had an impact on me. I have become so comfortable with what I do. I've realized getting the house in shape really, really, really good once a month, it tends to stay that way alot longer. My kids rooms is the only one I still have a problem with, but that's theirs. I don't have company in there, it's not a room I'm real concerned with. Try new things with your kids only sometimes, twice a week or so. It doesn't have to be outside everytime, but something that makes them know your time is spent with them and that seems to keep them content a while longer. I know some of this doesn't make since and I know everyone will have something different to say and that's what you have to figure out. Maybe a little bit of what everyone says will help you. Honestly, the bible and praying is what keeps me sane most of the time. I don't know if you've seen Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion, but believe it or not it was that movie that really changed alot of HOW I think and look at things. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on like that, but it was ironic you asked what we think because as you can tell it's something I've delt with for a long time and I think as sahm's, we always will. We just have to figure out how we can find peace in what we do. Hope some of this helps.

Well, girls. I'm gonna get ready for bed, I'm bushed. Hope everyone has a great night and I'll tune in tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else and Way To Go to everyone that had a loss or even stayed OP today. WooooooHoooooo!!!!!!

TTYL

MichelleRae
04-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Everyone who lost....WTG!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

:cheer: :jig: :cheer: :jig: :cheer: :jig: :cheer: :jig: :cheer:
Sorry not to get personal I didnt take notes as I read the thread lol too lazy tonight, actually the meds are making me really tired. Tomorrow I will post more!!

Leigh - Welcome :) So glad to have you here. I have a 6 month old too her name is Teagan Kinsey she was born Oct 13 :)

Anyway I did really well today, I had some sausage for breakfast and a pork chop with the powdered ranch dressing rubbed on it which was good :) and some mashed cauliflower I think Im going to have some jello before bed just so I dont get the munchies when I wake up in the middle of the night. Ohhh and I had half a slimfast bar I shared with my hubby only 2 net carbs per bar so only 1 carb!! Anyway enough about me, I hope you are all doing well! I'll come talk to you all tomorrow :)
TAke care

spryng
04-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Good evening all!
It's almost midnight here so I won't be posting much. Yes DH is in so I won't be around much until monday. I've been going non-stop today and I'm exausted. But I did do my morning and bed time flylady routine, lol. So my house is tidy. I am loving that program so much!! But I didn't get to do any 15 min zoning today. O-well.... tomorrow is the city wide yard sale. I picked up the map today and there are so many yard sales!!! We will start early tomorrow. I'm so excited. I hit a couple today and got a game for the kids for .50 cents. Then after noon we are going to the park for our bbq/fishing day. I rented a shelter there so it should be lots of fun. All DH's family and some friends will be there. A big family thing, the kids will love it. :) Guess that is about all.
Welcome Leigh, I am Spryng, mother of 3- Ava 4, Joseph (aka Bubba) 3, and Tanner 9 months old. Married for 6 years now. I am on weight watchers and I just hit my goal weight today!!!! It's been a long time coming. Now on to my personal goal. I hope you feel at home here and I look forward to getting to know you better. My DH is an OTR truck driver and is only in ever 2 weeks so when he comes home I'm MIA alot. But I promise you'll see lots of me come monday when he leaves out.
Well, I have to get in bed. Congrats to all who lost lbs today!!! And Ginny, get better! Geri, Melinda, Ricci, Penny, Mary, Crystal, Jessi, Michelle, and anyone else (my mind is going blank) Hi! and G'nite!

watkinsguru
04-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I can't make my coffee smilie face this morning, still waiting for it to brew. Well hope everyone had a great night. I had an okay night. Not great but not bad.

Do you ever have this problem, I don't know what to do today. :dunno: The weekends I don't do very much around the house and thanks to flylady my laundry is totally caught up the bathroom is in great shape. I didn't tackle that other room along with the bathroom which would have been my daughter's room. Maybe I'll tackle that today. :faint: I still have to make my menu and grocery list for the day. I don't like to go to Walmart on the weekend because it's a looney house. :coffee:
I just don't know what to do. Thought about going to visit my sister. Hadn't been there for a couple of months and my kids LOVE playing with their cousins. And being an hour away we don't get to go very often and never on a week day.
Okay, this is gonna take a bit I hope some of you have time to read it. I want to tell you something I'm going through and tell me how you feel about it. :gossip: My husband and me are in the midst of trying to make a decision about our house. Our plan has been to build right behind the house we live in now. This house we live in is small, old, needs major cosmetic work, but it's free. We only paid $5500.00 for it. :twirly: A house mover had it with nowhere to move it to, so we paid him that much to move it here. We are having major financial difficulties so building seems a bit too much. :yes: We couldn't afford another payment at all. My husband wants to get a loan to start to build our new home ourselves but that wouldn't finish it, then we'd have to get some other kind of loan to finish all this and still have our bills that we can barely afford. :dizzy: But let me tell you this is his dream. My thoughts are to get a home equity loan to pay off our bills and use the rest of it to fix this home up that we're in. We can add on to make bigger, paint to make look better, redo kitchen and flooring and such. But why this is a problem is because I think I would rather stay here than build a new home of my dreams. I love old farm houses and the potential they hold is ENDLESS. But I feel like if I tell my dh how I feel I'm gonna put a wrench in his plans. Plus, I'm a Christian wife, and the bible says he's the leader of the family and we, as wives, are to follow. I believe that too. But I also think I should state my opinion. :dunno: I don't know if any of your dh's are like mine, but he'll shoot down my suggestions quickly w/o giving it alot of thought. And because it's not what he wants to do it won't be a good idea. And I know this forum is about weight loss, but I have pondered going into this detail with y'all, but this problem is staying with me day after day and I thought maybe some of you would have some thoughts that would help me deal with it. I know some of you are gonna say, tell him, it's your house too, you have equal rights and that's only sort of true. That's true in this modern world we live in but that's not how God said it's to be. But think about it, in order to do what dh wants to do, we are going to have to go around lots of obstacles and that makes me think it's not meant to be. I'm sorry to do this I guess I shouldn't have said anything anyway. Just didn't know what else to do.

I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.

TTYL.

mompen
04-17-2004, 08:41 AM
HI LADIES
GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!

SPRYNG,
OMG CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cb: :cb: :cb: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dance: :dance: :dance: :flow2: :flow2: :flow2: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :encore: :encore: :encore: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
YOU HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO GET TO WHERE YOU ARE AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

CINDI,
CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS ALSO!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: IS YOUR DR LIKE MINE WHERE THEY GET SO EXCITED FOR YOU WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT? WHEN DO YOU GO BACK? CONGRATS ON TURNING DOWN THE EASTER CANDY !!!! YAH!

MELINDA,
CONGRATS CONGRATS! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cb: YOU HAD A GREAT LOSS THIS WEEK! ARE YOU AND DH STILL DOING SB? AND ABOUT THE SOY MILK.... PROBABLY NOT UNTIL A YEAR BUT I AM NOT PUTTING HIM ON FORMULA NOW SINCE HE NEVER WAS ON IT. I JUST FIGURED IT WAS BETTER WHOLE MILK. I AM MIXING IT WITH THE REST OF THE BREASTMILK I HAVE FROZEN. HE IS STILL NURSING ONCE A DAY AND THE LAST COUPLE DAYS TWICE A DAY. IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE ME UNTIL HE IS ONE YEAR TO TOTALLY WEAN HIM. AND SEE WE CAN LOSE WEIGHT WHILE NURSING! YAH FOR US!

MARY,
DO YOU TAKE OUT TIME FOR YOURSELF??? I KNOW MY HUBBY DOESN'T DO A GOOD JOB WATCHING THE KIDS EITHER. JUST FROM A MOMMY'S OPINION :p HOPE YOU FIGURE OUT A GOOD SCHEDULE FOR YOU! HUGS TO YOU! :goodluck:

Welcome Leigh! IS IT PRONNOUNCED LEAH OR LEE? HOPE YOU STAY PUT HERE AND JOIN US! ADD ME TO THE "BABY FAT" CLUB! I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 8.5 OF BABY FAT TO GO AS OF THIS MORNING. WHEN I STARTED POSTING AGAIN I HAD 23.5 POUNDS OF BABY FAT! I AM SUCCEEDING AND SO CAN YOU! WE CAN WIN THIS WAR! I TOO HAVE NEVER HEARD OF MEDIFAST~ WHATS THE INFO ON IT? IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING :)

JESSI,
HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT THE FIGURE SKATING LAST NIGHT! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING REALLY WELL!!!!

MICHELLE,
SORRY I MISSED YOU YESTERDAY! THIS HAS BEEN A CRAZY AND FULL WEEK :dizzy: IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID GREAT YESTERDAY! HOW ARE YOU FEELING????

CRYSTAL,
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT DH SHOOTING DOWN YOUR IDEAS. I USUALLY TRY TO SHOW MY DH MY POINT OF VIEW BY MAPING IT OUT. DO YOU HANDLE THE FINANCES OR HIM? I KNOW IT IS NOT A EASY SITUATION BUT FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND TRUST THAT GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! HUGS TO YOU ****

AS FOR ME! I AM DOING AWESOME! I HAVE HAD 4-5 KIDS HERE ALL WEEK. AND NOW I HAVE FOUR KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTIES TO GO TO! MY KIDS ARE GOING TO BE EXHAUSTED! THE WEANING IS STILL GOING OK! AND ANDREW IS WALKING AROUND MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY! HE IS GROWING UP SO FAST!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY AND GREAT WEEKEND! MAKE THE MOST OUT OF IT!

PENNY ;) :) :)

watkinsguru
04-17-2004, 09:17 AM
quick post: Has anyone ever tried meals.com???? For those of you that plan your menus and grocery lists, you've got to try that. It's AWESOME.

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Good morning ladies. What fun it is to wake up and check in - you're all so nice :) I think I forgot to tell you my son's name - Liam.
So, do you all use the Flylady program? I know about it, but have never tried it. Maybe I should, though.

Penny: It's pronounced "Lee." Medifast is a meal replacement program - like slim fast. Good to see I'm definitely now alone in the post-baby weight department :D

Mary: I completely understand your frustration with the constant caretaking. DH is out of town a lot, and it's soooo hard when I have no break. I get extremely frustrated too - you're definitely not alone. Maybe you can work out a plan where you get a baby sitter for just a few hours (even three or so) once a week, or once every-other-week so you have some "you" time. Today DH is giving me a much needed sanity break - he was out of town all week. I'm going to take a long bath, scrapbook, and not worry about DS :)

Geri: Congrats for staying on track - that's wonderful! I haven't had my first supplement yet today, but will soon. I have coffee first and then feel hungry a half-hour or so later.

Crystal: What kind of business is your Watkins company? Just curious - if you don't mind me asking. I think that your house plan is a good one. Is this something you'd feel comfortable talking to your Pastor/Reverand about? Maybe if you have a third party help you discuss it, your husband will be more open to the idea. Also, I once heard (was it on Dr. Phil?) that men often like to have a specific plan with goals - even written out; so maybe if you write out your plans for the house with specific goals and such, he'll respond better to that?

Michelle Ray: Wow - Oct. 13th? Liam was born Oct. 21st! Another person to join the baby c lub for weight loss :lol: Good to know we can do it together.

Spryg: CONGRATS on the awesome goal reaching! Now I'm inspired :D That's just wonderful and I hope you're very proud of yourself and reward yourself in some way. I know what you mean about DH - my husband is a reporter and is out of town a lot - it's very difficult.

Hope you all have a great Saturday - I'll check in again later today.

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Never heard of it - I'll go check it out.

ECmom
04-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Off to a soccer game!!!
Congrats Spryng for making it to the 130's!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great day.
Ginny

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 09:47 AM
I already have Flylady questions :lol:
I joined via the yahoo link. When setting up my profile, I checked the "No email" box because from my experiences with other yahoo groups, I end up getting too much email - I prefer to just go to the site and read messages. But then I noticed that it's not an open forum, just the moderator sends messages. I got her welcome email, so am I okay to leave the settings as is, or should I check another box like "get all emails"? TIA.

BIGtimeLOSER
04-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Leigh,

The email system sends you reminders, testimonials, and notes from Flylady. It's alot of mail, but I LOVE the testimonials, and just starting with the program, the reminders can come in handy. Just remember that once you are familiar with the reminders you won't have to read them, you will see them and know what to do and can delete them, like I do. She will tell you to feel free to hit the delete button anytime you are overwhelmed or a reminder isn't pertinent to you at that time. I went with no mail for a while and didn't do as well with the program. So I'd get them for a day or two and then decide what you think.

Have fun and Happy Flying!

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Thank you! That helps a lot.
Another question, but a parenting one: DS is six-months-old and is going through this incredibly clingy phase. He wants me to carry him literally all the time. Screams if I put him down even to go to the bathroom! I just ordered a hip sling/carrier so I could maybe get other things done while he's attached to me. But is this normal? Isn't he too young for separation anxiety? He is teething - got his first two teeth, and I wonder if it's related to teething discomfort?

BIGtimeLOSER
04-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Some babies do get clingy when they aren't feeling well, he may be one of those. Maybe the sling will help, but it will get heavy as he gets older. If you know he is okay and not in need, try letting him fuss some. Sometimes they will stop in a matter of a minute or two when it doesn't help their cause. Also try giving him tylenol for the teething and see if he is happier.

It is a bit young for separation anxiety, but all kids are different. But you really don't want to start holding him all the time or you will be a miserable mommy before too long. What about a swing? Some age appropriate toys? I think alot of times they just don't know what to do with themselves when mommy isn't holding them, so you even have to teach them that. I kept a little girl that would sit in her carrier happy as long as I was nearby, but would scream if I even turned my back to her. I had to get toys, sit with her and teach her what to do with them and then I could walk away easier for a bit to do something. My youngest one loved Barney videos from a very young age, I could turn it on, put him near the TV and he'd be happy til it went off. It is trial and error, but you can find what works for you and yours if you get creative enough.

Hope that helps some. Let me know if I can help you more.

Good luck!

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the advice :)
He does love Baby Einstein videos, which gives me a break a few times a day - he's not a big napper.

jessivalentino
04-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I have to run out the door in a second, but I just wanted to post that I had WI today and I LOST 5 LBS.!!!!!!! :D :D :D :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: Anyway, you guys are all great. I have a baby shower to go to and then I'm going to go walking with my Mom, but I'll read through the posts later. Just wanted to share my news.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Chubba
04-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Just a quick hello...weather is gorgeous again so outside we go. Got a new monitor....HUGE compared to the old one :) TTYL

Congrats Jessie!!!

ebeth2210
04-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey, everyone
I hope everyones having a good weekend.

Geri-WTG on the laundry. You've inspired me. I'm starting on mine as soon as I get off. Glad you got a new monitor.

Crystal-I agree about not worrying about Fridays. I think its good to relax one day a week. As soon as we can arrange to find a babysitter, we are going to watch the passion. Although, we'll probably just end up waiting till it comes out on pay-per-view. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I love my kids to death and I know its best for them that I stay home with them, but its a hard job. Most times more mentally than physically. People tell me all the time, "You are so lucky! You get to stay home with your kids" and I know this, but it makes me grate my teeth. People think its so easy. Just having someone agree that it is so hard makes all the difference. People who have a regular job get to come home in the afternoon or weekends and relax or spend quality time with their kids because they haven't seen them much. But when you are with them 24/7 you just want to get away. My husband doesn't understand. He works so hard and is always tired. He comes home and takes a nap with the bedroom door closed and I can't find the heart to disturb him but it makes me resentful. And a lot of this is my fault. I don't speak up enough cause then I feel guilty. And like you, I have no one to keep them sometimes. I have 3 sisters, but one has 5 of her own, one has a terrible time with arthritis and is raising her grandchildren and the other has a 2 yo severely ******ed child. She requires and always will require her mother to do everything for her. And maybe thats where a lot of the guilt comes in. I should be grateful I have it so easy. I envy my dh ablilty to just tune everything out. He can go to bed or relax and watch tv and not wonder what mischief the 2 yo old is into or notice the 10yo in the kitchen spilling the green koolaid. Even if I go into the bedroom with a book and close the door I still can't relax cause I know he's not really "watching" them. But I got to figure out something. I don't want my boys to grow up and remember their mom as a grouch. Sometimes I feel like the Lord is telling me if I can't find a way to be content with this then I will never be content with anything.
We are going through the same thing with the house. We even had house plans drawn up for $800. We were living in a small 2 bedroom trailer next to my parents. When we finally took our head out of the sand and realized we couldn't afford a house payment, we made a really stupid decision and moved to an apartment where we are paying $650 a month. My dh is the same way. He is really knowleadgable about most stuff and my ideas usually get shot down. Like you we are Christians and I try to abide by his decisions. I agree with Leigh though. Do some research and when you think you have enough solid information lay all the facts in front of him and spell out the pros and cons. Sometimes this works for me. Sorry for the essay. :blah:

Penny-Glad things are going well with the weaning.

Jessi-WTG :cheer:

Michelle-Glad things are going well.

Spryng-Enjoy your weekend. I remember when me a dh first got married. he worked on a river barge and everytime he came home I was so excited to see him.

I went to the gym and got a really good workout. I slowly upped the incline on the treadmill to 10 degrees and then slowly lowered it back down. :tread:
We are having a family get together tomorrow and my MIL and SIL are killer cooks. I know I will probably eat too much. But I got a good workout today and I stopped and picked up a fruit and vegetable tray to offset the eating. My 2 yo has eaten all the carrots. :lol: Lets hope he's not orange in the morning.

I know this is a weight loss forum but its just so easy to talk to ya'll. Congrats to everyone who lost. :cp: :cp: :cp:
I'll be busy with laundry and cleaning today and we are staying the night at my MIL's tonight so I will "see" ya'll Monday morning.

MichelleRae
04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm not gonna get too personal, my mouth is killing me today its horrible but I took double pain meds and got my kitchen sparkling, and my batfromm clean from top to bottom and after inhaling mass bleach fumes I think Im brain fried lol.

Jessi- Congrats on your 5 lb loss!!! WTG you're doing great!!

Leigh - My six month old is the same as yours I can't leave the room to do the dishes or go to the bathroom or she'll start screaming her head off, and then last night she was up til midnight screaming I think she had gas though so I burped her and rubbed her back and none of it worked so I turned on some Ella Fitzgerald and rocked her and she fell back to sleep she loves Jazz music!! I only wish I had thought of turning on the music sooner. Another thing that soothes her is the vaccuum if she is crying and then I start vaccuuming she quiets right down and is fine til I turn the vaccuum off again lol. I felt the tip of Teagans First tooth for the first time yesterday yayyyy!!

Geri - Hoooraayyyyy for the new HUGE monitor :)

Well I'm gonna ice my teeth in hopes of them feeling better the doctor said they should be tolerable by tomorrow so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I almost couldnt sleep on my face last night they were so sore. Well I hope you are all well and I forgot to read page 2 of the thread so if I missed anyone on that page I'll post to you later sorry for being so lazy lol I hope ya'll forgive me :)
Take Care!!

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 03:56 PM
That's fantastic news - good for you, Jessi! You should give yourself a little reward - I'm thinking of buying myself something I want (not too expensive, just something small) for every 5lb loss. Then, when I reach my ultimate goal, maybe I'll make a large purchase of something I've always wanted to help celebrate.
Hip Hip Hooray for Jessi!!!!

Loveliam
04-17-2004, 04:15 PM
"Talking" to ya'll is so much fun! It really helps me a lot.
Mary: I know exactly how you feel, and there are lots of other mothers who feel the same way. There are several excellent books out there you may relate a lot to. If you're interested - one is called Mother Shock: Loving Every (Other) Minute of it. by Andrea J. Buchanan. Another great one is Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year by Ann Lamott. The first I mentioned is especially good. I completely know what you mean about sometimes feeling resentful. DH is similar - maybe Fathers are just better able to distance themselves. He also works very hard and I feel guilty asking him to do too much. He does help a lot with housework and gives me breaks when he can (like today) so I feel like I shouldn't have anything to complain about, but I get envious that he goes out of town so much and has built-in breaks from DS because he works outside the home. I also keep wondering what lessons Liam is here to teach me - I often think a lot of it is for me to learn how to be more patient.

Michelle Rae: Sorry to hear about your teeth. I am glad to hear your six-month-old acts the same way - I suspect it's related to the teething. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I've been doing very well today. We're going to a seafood place for dinner, so it will be very easy for me to be good. The carbs on my plan are highly specific - I'm supposed to only have the carbs that are part of the supplements (I guess so I'm having a specified number of carbs and not going overboard) so they say when I eat my one meal a day, it should not have carbs. So, it will be healthy fish for me!

My one concern is that we're meeting friends for brunch tomorrow. If that's my one meal, I'll have to figure out a way to have healthy protein minus carbs . . .

watkinsguru
04-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Okay girls, there have been lots of really good posts this go around and I hope everyone that hasn't had a chance to read them come back to do so. But for now I'll start a new thread. #152 See you there.