Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat - April 15th TAX DAY

Good Morning,

Boss is here so I'll be back later
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!!

Hot I'm in a good mood today! I have no idea why though. Well, it is my last day of work for the week.... but I do have that big test to take tomorrow..... but a day off work for 2 hours of testing.... not a bad deal if you ask me! Scale still says I'm down a lb so I'll probably count it.... hehehehe I've also been super good this week and I think that's also why I'm feeling sooooo grooooooovy Well, other than the excessive amounts of almonds I want to eat lately. Yesterday was a bit shaky with 25.5 carbs... but I can deal with that.

Cut the out of my pinky finger doing laundry last night! Got it caught between the rubber part that spins and the outside edge.... before I realized it was caught I had twisted my finger and pulled my arm back..... bloody mess. Good thing the clothes were already IN the washer! Ugh. So showering was an adventure today because nothing hurts worse than running a few strands of hair through an open wound. Ick!

Ok, I'm off. Have fun today all!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Shimma good luck on the test tomorrow, I'll cross my everythings for you, and keep your fingers out of places they shouldn't be smoochies.

The weekend is going to be beautiful all you east coast chickies, whatcha got planned?

I'm gonna take down my Easter decor outside and open the windows in the house. I love it !!

Gonna do some cooking so next week I'm not caught off guard for dinners, a roast is definitly in the menu but I think I'll go to trader joe's and get some orange roughy

Last night I ate some LC pnut butter and when I was in bed, I got so furious w/myself and for the first time in YEARS I felt like I'm really gonna kick some *** (like my own) and get serious w/dieting......whooohooo !!! whooowhooooh!!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: How's it going??

Shimma: Sorry to hear about your finger. And cool on having the day off--even if it is for tests!! Good moods must be running rampant today cuz I'm in a pretty good one myself.

I've discovered I've got to force myself to eat again. And this morning (and yesterday) DD said "ewww...mom your breath stinks"....So I blew on her some more I felt so good today I threw my contacts in my eyes, stuck makeup on my face and I'm ready to face the day. I'm bringing some celery and stuff to work so I can have a mini snack. Maybe that'll help juice up the metabolism. And I think DH wants to go shopping (he's not a typical male) so I'll be doing walking for exercise again WOOHOO IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie! You came back super fast!! How about you kick my butt and I'll kick yours if we don't stay on program?? I've got to keep those sunflower seeds out of my salads. I think they're the downfall of all this non-losing weight stuff. It's worth a shot right?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 AM   #6  

Geez, I wish I was in the same mood you all seem to be in! I am pooped! I have only been home 1 night so far this week! But at least I will have gotten a lot of things out of the way.

So dinner last night was ok, boy those girls can chat! No one mentioned my loss but when one of them started saying she had "done" (past tense) Atkins I mentioned that I was on it and had lost 22 pounds (from my highest). They didn't say anything just kind of "yeah, you look good"..... keeping in mind that most of these ladies are....how should I say.......much heavier than me So I guess since I have always been thinner than them they aren't that impressed. One of the girls is really heavy and she is the one who did Atkins and she definitely looked like she lost a lot of weight. However, she is back eating again as she called it. Shame.

I am taking my mother out to dinner tonight. I can't wait for the weekend when I can just lay around doing nothing if I want. Oh, I forgot I have to get my nails done on Saturday and I want my husband to go furniture shopping with me and then I have to finish the dust ruffle that I am making for a friends bed and then on Monday it is Marathon Day in Boston ......so much for relaxing.

Leenie: good morning

Shimma: Sorry about the finger. Ouch that must hurt. good luck on the test.

Brenda: a husband who WANTS to go shopping......sigh

Have a great day all. Talk more later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chickies,
Sorry no time for personals I will have to catch up with that after work, got here late this am. I am doing great on induction and feeling great, have hit my goal for 3 liters of water and induction all 3 days this week and I can feel my pants getting looser!! Yippppeeee. gym today I am raring to go!
have a great day!!!!
TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Shimma: Ouch! That's gotta hurt! Hope it heals soon!

Leenie: Good attitude!

Brenda: It sounds like you're in ketosis. Way to go!

Jane: It seems like people that are heavier than you (particularly women) don't notice the weight loss and are almost mad at you for losing it. They don't want you to look good. It's kind of sad, but I've noticed that attitude. I'm sure you're looking fabulous -- especially with that outfit you were wearing last night!

TG: It sounds like you're doing a great job on induction -- keep it up!

I've been staying pretty much on plan. Well, I guess you'd call it on plan -- just too much of some of the allowed foods. But, I'm getting back into walking, and I'm really determined to lose some more weight. If for nothing else, to throw it in DH's (by the way, when I use DH, I'm referring to "Damn Husband") face! Is revenge or spite a bad reason to lose weight???

Well, "The Bachelor" is back on, and I'm addicted again. Anyone else? I just can't believe they chose a pro football player to be the bachelor. It seems like a regular guy would have a harder time finding a date, but oh well. Of course, after some of the things this guy has said and done, maybe he does need help finding a girlfriend!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 04-15-2004 at 10:44 AM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning! The scale is moving for me again. Hopped on to confirm my 2nd pounds lost this week. Very exciting. I've been trying to stay on plan for the last week and for some reason is has been soooooooo difficult! My children's chocolate Easter candy and potato chips keep screaming at me to eat them. So far I have resisted!!!

Today is aerobics and my boys swimming lessons and then probably a rather quiet weekend. Hubby is going to work Friday night and Saturday and my oldest son is going away to a Boy Scout overnighter. So, I'm thinking I might actually get the painting done in my hallway that I started over a year ago :wink:

I seem to be in a great mood today also. However, this week I've been so tired...wish I could shake that! It's annoying!

Hubby is seeing some progress. He started exercising again this week, so I knew he would, but just didn't want to say anything, because he was so frustrated before!

Oh, well, back to work...I'll try to check back later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Good morning lovelies!

It must be something in the air. I'm in a great mood today! My car is all better and no longer screaming every 3 minutes. AND they didn't even charge as much as they said they would. Wa-hoooooo!

DH is spending the next week on graveyard so that means that after he leaves for work, I can go to bed. I WILL BE GETTING SLEEP!!!! I seem to never get more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep so the prospect of a full 8 hours sounds just wonderful!

Leenie - Kick a little *** for us all!

Shimma - Ouch! I've tried washing my hair with a papercut on my finger and that hurts! Hope today is better!

Brenda - I want a picture of how you look today! Maybe I'm excessively girly, but I find something very comforting in getting all primped up.

Jane - Isn't weird how people react? I'm pretty sure I've gone on a rant about that before so I'll refrain now.

TG - WTG!!!!

Jina - I think revenge is a lovely reason to stay motivated. I ran into a girl that I totally hate after I'd lost about 50 pounds and the look on her face when she saw me was one of the most gratifying things I've ever experienced!

Lori - Great job on the 2 pounds!

I suppose I should attempt to get some work done. It's just so much more fun here!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  

Hey All,
I'm having such a hard time getting back into the whole school-work thing after vacation. I'm going to meet with my professor in half an hour to try to figuire out a topic for this paper I have absolutely no clue what to do about. It's a long one, so I've got to think of something really interesting, and it's just not happening. Other than that, everything's good. I was so on plan yesterday it was beautiful. If I can get some work done I'm going to play squash again this afternoon, and I have high hopes for actually getting a bit of a game going.

Leenie- Glad you're so motivated. You go get that diet!

Shimma- Sorry about your finger. Make sure you put some kind of anti-bacterial cream on it, it'll heal a lot faster.

Brenda- Seems like you're definitnely ketosis-izing. Good for you.

Jane- Hope you get some down time soon. You sound busy as a bee! Sorry your weight loss wasn't showered with complements as it rightfully should have been.

TG- So happy to hear that induction is still going well.

Jina- I've never watched the batchelor, but I thought the bachelor was suppsoed to be a regular guy. A pro football player sort of seems to go against the idea of it.

Lori- Great job on the two pounds!

Hope everyone has a great day. If anyone comes across some inspriation, send it my way.

Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Star, a little *** ???????? I have plenty for everyone
Old 04-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Leenie, I love you!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone

There definately must be something in the air! I woke up in such a good mood this morning. I finally got plenty of sleep last night and I feel great. That and the fact that it is sunny and warm here after 3 days of a cold rain may have something to do with my good mood

Shimma: Sorry to hear about your finger...ouch I know that did hurt! Hope it heals quickly. Good Luck on that test tomorrow, and enjoy your Friday off!

Lennie: Way to go on that attitude. That is the attitude I have developed as of late, and it seems to be paying off!

Brenda: Doesn't it feel so good to just get all primped up My hubby loves to shop, as long as it is at a hunting/fishing store. We go to this huge mall about twice a year (it's 150 miles from here) and one of the anchor stores is a HUGE hunting/fishing store. I get to shop all day while he spends the whole day in that one store!

Jane: Hope you catch our "mood" soon! It can be really tiring when you have something to do each night of the week. Hope you get some rest this weekend, but it don't sound like you will! It can be so frustrating when you don't get the compliments that you so rightly deserve. I have been lucky. I work as a waitress, and it seems that eveyone has noticed that there has been less of me there lately! Customers and co-workers have been really giving me great support, and the other day the boss told me that she was so proud of me! That really made me feel good. I have lost 54 lbs so far...and if I wasn't getting the compliments, I would probably be very upset!

TG: Sounds like you are doing great on induction! Way to go girl!!! And have a great time at the gym!

Jina: at the DH!! hahaha! That is a good one. And did I miss the Batchelor last night? I thought it was next week that it came on. I NEVER watch tv (I stay on this computer way too much ) but that is one show that I really got addicted to. Oh well, guess I will have something to look forward to next week

Lori: Congrats on the 2 lbs! And good luck at getting that painting done! Usually when the DH is gone and I am all to myself...I shop til I drop.

Star: Way to go on getting that car to shut up! Even better that they charged you less than you thought. I almost never get more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes much less. I need to realize that I am not as young as I used to be, and need to start getting my tail in bed much earlier! It's just so hard sometimes!

Abbie: Good luck on the paper. I am sure you will do great! And congrats on staying OP yesterday. I know you can do it again today also!

Whewwwwwwww that was a workout! HOpe that I didn't miss anyone! It is sooooooo beautiful outside here today. Think I may get out and take little Rocky for a walk (he weighs almost 100lbs..and it's usually ME that HE takes for a walk ) But will be nice just to be outside in the warm sunshine. I am sooooo ready for the weekend. I have to work Saturday, but am planning on heading down to the beach as soon as I get off. It is supposed to be just beautiful down there and that craft festival is calling my name. My in-laws will be down there, so thought I would go spend the day with them. We live beside of them, but dont' see them that much. Did I mention that I love my in-laws? I was so lucky. We have never had one cross word in almost 16 years. I know that is very unusual.

Well...for some reason I have babbled on and on today. Hope everyone has a great day, and I will check back in later! It's my day off, and I am getting out in the sunshine
TTFN
Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hiya ladies!

Er...*looking sheepish*...I'm still around!

Mrs H - the beach sounds great. Sadly, no real beaches around here ...

Abbie - I just had a meeting with my supervisor yesterday, and it just didn't go that well. I'm trying to block it from my mind, actually.

Star - hey, how are your eyes doing? I'm sure you've answered this *ages* ago, but I've been a bum and have been MIA.

Jina - I don't think I've ever watched the Bachelor. I will be watching the finale of the Apprentice tonight, though. I got a bit addicted to that one. Of course, my friends here were cutting up reality shows the other day, so I let my little addiction to the Apprentice remain a secret.

Hey Theo, Brenda, Leenie, Lori!

Jane - no worries about them ladies, *we're* impressed with you!

Shimma - good luck on your test tomorrow. Hopefully your injured finger will not affect your test performance?

Nothing much new here, except the nice weather is so appreciated. It's great to see the sun. It's great to have rain that doesn't freeze. I was going to go home for Easter, but then I didn't because it's a bit too busy now with work. I decided to go home in May for a visit when I can take more than just a couple days off, and it will be nice enough to do some golfing! And now my one friend currently has an addiction with Lychee Martinis, so for the past couple weeks that's all we've drank. And my addiction to crossword puzzles is coming back...everytime I wait for the bus, get on the bus, during lunch break, I pull out a crossworld puzzle.

Has anybody seen the movie Dogville? It's 3 hours long and certainly weird. I can't think of a better word than 'weird' to say about it.

Ciao, Julie.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote