Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday Chat April 14

Good Morning Gang!

where is everybody at this morning?

I'm busy - have a workmen's comp audit today that I just want to get done with.

What is everybody doing today?

I didn't see any answers to my "diet police" questions yesterday, so thought I would throw them back out there today and see if anybody makes any comments.....

"I'm gonna get a walk in during lunch! anybody else exercising? ok it's the DIET POLICE ....... how bout water? how much ya'll drinking? how's the healthy eating going? how is everybody doing? what is everybody doing for exercise? details! we need details!"

can ya'll hear me cheering us on?

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:18 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

I'm here..cause I can't sleep... ugh.

Noodles needs a happy pill. I am stressed beyond belief. I can't sleep until I am dead tired or else I start to have nightmares. Eyeball-popping-out nightmares...Bad people nightmares...ex-husband-comes-back-and-is-a-nice-guy nightmares...friend-whos-lying-through-her-teeth-to-innocent-people nightmares... Rats dropping dead nightmares... ugh. I am not proud of myself right now cause I usually have things under control. Not to mention the fact that a relative I could really care less about and weeded out of my life is trying to get back into it...sneaked on as my aunt and caught me off guard. I hate it when I get tricked like that and my guard is down...Anyhow..had to vent!! Tanks for listening/reading. Now back to our normal programming....
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx

Ok it's the DIET POLICE ....... how bout water? how much ya'll drinking? how's the healthy eating going? how is everybody doing? what is everybody doing for exercise? details! we need details!"
Water: 1 Gallon A Day. Surgery lady told me too. hahaha

Eats:
Still eating healthy. It's a habit now.

Exercise:
Tennis yesterday. Some gardening...cleaning. I was very achy for a while there with the rain/humidity that I didn't do much but now I am again. Then it's a couple weeks off after April 19th. Can't dislodge the eye balls.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:36 AM   #4  

Noodles I bet your nightmares are just stress related. I know when I have them I am usually pretty stressed out. I bet once the surgery is over you will back back to sleeping like a baby.

Cathy I am actually staying OP right now. I have been doign weight training w/ my hubby the past 2 days and last night we took the dogs for a walk b/c of the wonderful weather we are having. I always drink enough water. Sometimes I wonder if it is too much. (when I am not near a bathroom) I take a B complex vit. too so it makes bathroom trips more frequent. Everybody knows to get out of my way too when they see me coming down the hall with that look on my face.

I don't know if I told you but I think our big dog is prego. We wanted this so it is a good thing. I rub her belly everyday and tell her what a good mommy she is going to be. I have even talked to the puppies while she was laying next to me on the sofa. I know it is corny but she like the attention.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #5  

Talking

DIET POLICE
Water in take is always ok cause its all I drink.
Getting better at eating healthy.
Walked a whopping 15min this morning. My first in 8 month. Usual walk 5 min
My mind set is changing slowly and steadily. In January my in take of candy bars was 6 to 12 per binge. And no walking. This month my in take has been mostly 1 or 2 per binge. Choosing more healthy over all. And walking more often.

Noodles913
Sorry about all the nightmares I can relate all to well. I take med to help not have them as often. One of the things I do before I go to bed is try to talk to myself and tell myself what kind of dreams I want to have and if I have any bad dreams that im going to change them to win over them. I talk myself in to being a hero in my dreams some times it really works. Maybe it will work with you right now will your so stress. Sending you warm comforting thoughts.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Noodles girl its that Arizona heat, come to joisey will yah? feel better.

Kem PUPPIESSSSSSSSSS oh how sweet, I remember my dog getting knocked up from the stud around the corner, Barney, he was a little beagle and she was a big girl, wondered how he did it.......where there's a will eh~ Oh take LOTS of pictures. My mom has a 5 month old golden retriever and she still has puppy breath the beast, she's wild and bounces like tigger, its so funny. Her name is Molly and they have a 10 year old golden named Holly........yeah go figure lol.

Flower small steps it the only way to go IMHO that is. I can't make drastic changes over night, it never and will never work for me. But small changes gradually does good for you !!

Cathy Cop, my water has been average could be better, my eating is good, and what the heck is exercise ???? no understando englisho I will prob do my walking tape tonight, I try to get it in a few times a week.

How about you ?

Well nothing new today, just really busy. We got an email from the big cheese here that some one that works in our NJ plant had a son in the military overseas that died last week SIGH I don't know them but I sent a card

I want a cinnabon
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

I had trouble getting out of bed this morning.....Yesterday I ended up having a 3 hour nap in the afternoon....I think the visit with the kids just wiped me out. Two of the days....my future daughter in law took me shopping.....even the dog is still tired today...with him....there were 5 dogs here.....Charlie is a quiet....gentle soul....dog....the other dogs are really active. Now we are back to normal.....but it was really nice to see all the kids & their significant others.

I was back with my eating plan yesterday....did well.

Noodles....sorry you are having nightmares.....hope they stop soon.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #8  

Smile One of my cats

Show you my cats

Little one and Curious

Troubles my baby

This is Pretty Annoying
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #9  

Sigh.....I love puppies. And puppy breath. Kempyd you're so lucky

Noodles--Since I've been taking Lexapro, I've been having dreams, dreams and more dreams--no bad ones, really, though. My mom says, however, that she has to wake my daddy up some nights because of his dreaming (he takes Paxil). Wonder if the meds have some kind of influence over that.....I've always been a dreamer, but it's non-stop, 8-hours-a-night now.

Leenie--I went to see Jersey Girl w/a co-worker from Jersey this week-end. She (the co-worker) made me homesick for New Jersey and I'm not even FROM there!!!

Cheryl

Last edited by 4myloves; 04-14-2004 at 05:01 PM.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Well, I finally went to sleep at 9 AM. Got up at 3 PM. No nightmares thank GOD!! But I was dead tired too...Works like a charm.

Flower your cats are Soooooooooooo cute!!

But Leenie... I loveee the Arizona heat!! Only time it's un-bearable for me is July and August when the monsoons roll in. Then I suffer cause we hit 100% humidity. Yeck. But I still want to go to Jersey anyhow!!! Visit you, visit my bro, visit Jiff, visit anyone else I left out. Atlantic City, here I come!!

Rest of ya...
Old 04-14-2004, 07:04 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Almost forgot to tell you about last night...

We were playing tennis and hubby hit a fast one and...BOINK!! Nailed me right between my eye and right part of my nose.... my glasses went flying, and I saw . I didn't think my glasses were broken but today the arm popped right off!! Ugh. And I just bought these 3 weeks ago. I had to tape them back together. Now I got a bruise where I got smacked, a headache, and broken glasses. What a lovely April this has been. Remind me to not walk under any ladders or stuff like that.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

As many of you know, I don't post much. I don't like sharing more than needed info with people I don't know, and it's nothing against anyone. Noodles says posting helps people get to know me and under me. Perhaps she's right, and I will make more of an effort to post more than just in the posts I reply to whenI get notifications in email.

I'm currently in my third term at Cal State Univ. I have 2 degrees currently. One is an A.S. in Computer Graphics, another is an A.A. Human Development Track II. I'm currently working towards my B.A. in Human Development Track II. This is essentially a teaching degree with sort of a minor in pyschology. I'm unfamiliar with how long a credential program runs, so it may be a little longer than that, but I am hoping to graduate with the B.A. in a year and half and maybe another 6 months - a year in the Credential program.

I recently was hired to work at one of the local school districts and am currently going back and forth with fingerprinting, tbs tests and physical exams. Monday I had my first of two TB tests and today I had the results read... negative. Then I had my Physical appt. for today as well. No problem there. I go back this coming Monday for my second TB test and then I should be set to work in about 2 weeks. This should give me much more exercise as well. The positiion is for an Instructional Assistant, and it's part time, but that's okie, it gives me time for school and homework LOL. I'll find out more next Wednesday when I turn in all my paper work for the Tb tests and stuff.

As far as the Diet Police goes... I am drinking more water than I have been. I'm trying to stay away from sodas. I just bought some Pink Lemonade Crystal Light or is it Raspberry Ice) and will be trying some of that soon. Exercise? Well we have started walking. Thougth James isn't walking with me anymore, so I go out to the mall with my sister or with a friend from school. As I mentioned in another post... sometimes my credit card gets more of a work out when I go to the mall <G>... I haven't been doing much tho. This weekend we are rearranging the house. I keep changing where I want my book shelves to go... so they sittin in the middle of my living room right now. I got some new furniture over the weekend, so we did a lot of rearranging.

I went out and bought Tootsie rolls for my cravings at night, but I found out that they suppose to be Tootsie POPS lol! Oh well, I'll get them next time. Hehehehe...

My biggest problem is, exercise. It seems like I never have time... but I try to do what I can. Just because I don't walk everyday or do something active everyday, doesn't mean I've given up or stopped. I have to focus on my schooling. I know my health is important to, but I have stopped driving myself around campus and am now walking between classes... so I am DOING something... just not as fast as some people want.

I'm going to have to try to get James to walk with me, he works hard tho and comes home tired. He does a lot of things around the house... Like right now he's working on the pool and the side yard area for when we buy our shed, we'll have a clean area to place it. So he's exercising, just not with me :P

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Flower, CUTE pictures of your kitties, LindaT should see them

SueMarie, I agree w/Noodles, posting does help

Noodles ONLY YOU !!!! I'm gonna start calling you an Accident Magnet you poor thing, are you okay ? hope this doesn't mess up your surgery, btw, whats the date??? Yeah I know DUH TO ME!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote