Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 02:15 PM   #256  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Congratulations MyChoice! 1.5# is awesome! Keep it up, and have fun at the concert!!!

I should have a fun weekend myself as I am going to the RedSox vs. Dodgers game tomorrow afternoon and I am doing my "199# reward" on Sunday... I am going for a trail ride on horseback if everything goes right! It's exciting because I've never been on a horse before... I can't wait!
Old 06-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #257  
One step at a time...

Welcome Jenn! (I love the name btw ) If you love this place already, wait until you've been here a few days... you'll love it even more! The women here are just fantastic! You'll find all the support you could want here to keep you doing as great of a job as it looks like you already are...12# is a great start!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #258  

Hi Everyone!

Well here is my story I am 24 yrs. old and currently 204 lbs., recently lost a lb after being stuck with what it feels like forever at 205. I've currently lost 14 lbs, but im losing it very slowly I want to be 199 already I think I would be the happiest I have ever been in a really long time. My main goal is to be back at 160 im 5'6 and large frame this was my weight back when I was 16 and 17 and I think I looked great at that weight. I was doing weightwatchers, but wasnt following the plan exactly, but now im back on track and hopefully will be losing soon. I had joined a gym, but feel discourage to go because all I see are girls who really dont belong there lolol I mean they are skinny. Anyway I do work out at home and that has been helping me. I just know that by reaching 199, my confidence will go up 100%, im tired of feeling sad and having such a low self esteem I do have a very supportive boyfriend of 5 years who loves me to death and is by me all the way but I know only I can make myself feel confident and happy. So that is pretty much it

Thanks for reading
Sonia

Last edited by curvygrl80; 06-16-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #259  
One step at a time...

Welcome Curvy! You are almost there! Just a few more pounds to go! You can do this! If you don't feel comfortable going to the gym... do something else... Get you boyfriend involved and go for walks with him... Going to the gym is not required I hope you can stat to feel better about yourself through this process and talking to all of us!
Old 06-12-2004, 06:57 AM   #260  

Default May I join you too?

Hi Girls!
You seem like a terrific bunch! My name is Barb and I am shooting for 199 and beyond. I'll try to keep this brief: I started on the Slimfast plan in Feb and was doing really well without exercising. My job kept me constantly moving! Well, in May I lost that job and about 2 weeks after, the weight loss stopped. I knew I had to move, so started walking 30 minutes each day. Then, when I had the money, I also joined Curves. The weight is coming off again, Yay! I am trying to lose a total of about 110 pounds (I'm only 5'2"! )- have lost 28 so far. It is going the way it should, 1-2 pounds a week. I am sometimes really impatient, though. I have spent so much time so overweight that I don't want to be anymore. I keep reading other people's success stories to keep myself realistic. One of those stories led me to this website- the woman who started the Skinny Daily Post has a link to here! She has some really smart and inspiring tidbits on there if you've never seen it.
Other than that, I am married (20 years this Dec), have a son 18, and a daughter 16. We also have a lab mix, 4 kitties and some fish that let us live with them.
Well, that's about it- time to get a coffee and I have a date to go walking with ME! Take care!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #261  

Default Good For You Barb.

28 pounds! You go girl! I have some of the best quiet time walking, it gives me a chance to think, sort things out, pray, even though my husband and I walk together with our Rat Terrier we usually do not have conversation, one reason is that we pray while we walk, another is that it is usually a little after 4:30 am and we walk around our chuch near our home and do not want to disturb our priest. Anyway keep it up, you have such a strong resolve, you will be rewarded in the end. Take things one meal at a time, keep a journal when tempted run to that book as if your life depended on it (which it does) and write your thoughts and feelings, pray, remove yourself from the area of temptation, and most important NEVER give up, there is too much at stake. Know that I pray for everyone on this site daily and that you are cared about. God Bless You.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:10 AM   #262  

Default My weigh in not so good

It is not a very good thing to weigh in after eating chinese bouffet the night before, but I told my husband good or bad we would face the scale this morning and it was bad! No surprise there! Anyway I am still going to do my best to get out of the 200's, which when I put my weight back on I said I would NEVER weigh more than 200 again, well I kept that promise for awhile, but now I am at 209.. but with you wonderful people and a lot of prayer I will get below that 200 mark. Have a blessed day everyone.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:08 PM   #263  

Default Thanks for the welcome Praytherosary822!

Good afternoon- It's been a good day in pretty much all respects, except for a difficult 1/2 hour with my 16 yr old daughter. She had a major attitude problem before going to work today. I hope to get it resolved with her this evening. She's a good girl, I'm sure we will.
I did go walking this morning- we are very lucky in that there is a track at the high school right up the street, so I usually go there. 4 laps is one mile- today I did 6. Will go again tomorrow! Am so happy the weather here in CT is warming up. First thing in the morning is such a peaceful time and full of promise.
Praytherosary- Thank you for your beautiful thoughts! I have been journaling my intake- it keeps me in line. You are right, there is alot at stake- our health and self respect are gifts we can never take for granted. I know God is with me on this journey. It was the loss of both my parents to weight related problems that led me to this change. I would never have the will to do this all on my own without their memory and that they would want better for me.
You will get below the 200 mark again! Do you follow any special plan, or are you just doing it on your own? You are so blessed that your husband walks with you- is he losing weight with you?
You will all be in my thoughts and prayers as we do this together!
Old 06-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #264  

Red face

I'd love to join you guys!!

I've been reading all your different posts, and you all see so great!! I've been dieting all my life. My pediatrician actually put me on a diet when I was just 6 months old. So it's just kind of become a way of life for me, but I'm really REALLY tired of living that way. So, I decided to do something about it. I started a program March 15th, and was doing really great, then found out my Mom had cancer and kind of have fallen back into some old patterns and I need to get it kicked back into gear.

I've lost 37lbs so far, but would like to lose another 100lbs and see the scale dip below 200 for the first time in......sheesh I can't even tell ya how long.

Anyway, it's great to see all your wonderfully supportive posts. You seem like a really great bunch of women!!
Old 06-12-2004, 10:27 PM   #265  

Default Hello Barb

Thanks for that beautiful letter. Sorry about your parents. My husband and I both lost our fathers a few years apart, my father in law had many medical problems, my dad died I think as a result of years of poor eating habits, my mom was recently diagnosed with diabetes, heat disease runs in my husband's family so we both have good reasons to want to lose weight, he like me struggles but every day is a new day for new beginning and God is a God of second chances. My husband and I went to a program called Lightweigh, it is based on the teachings of the Catholic church, but all faiths are very welcomed. In a nutshell, you eat only when hungry, you eat only a clenched fist of food because that is the size of your stomach when shrunk to it's normal size, you eat slowly and small bites and to obtain peace with food you save your last bite for your guardian angel, which my dog Precious Mary absolutely thinks this is the best idea since she usually gets the last bite. Anyway our problem is we usually eat too large of a portion, but with God's help we will succeed. Anyway take care and am looking forward to hearing from you again. God Bless.

Questions to ask yourslef: If not me than who? If not now then when?
Old 06-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #266  

Smile Good Afternoon

Hi Everyone

WELCOME all our new CHICKS...Jenn#2,Sonia,Courtney and Barb.... You will DEFINATELY find all the support you need here ...We have all been doing this DIETING thing for a while and know the ups and the downs that we all deal with... we are a great support system...the first to say or give a or there with a if needed!

My Choice: HOW was the concert...K.C & the Sunshine Band now that brings back memories!!!

Jenn: How was the basesball game and the Horse back riding...GOD it has been a LOOONG time since I was riding ...I used to loooove it...you know that thing that alot of girls go through the "CRAZY about Horses "thing !!

Courtney...WOW...What an achievement you have made already!!!!!
You have come such a long way I know you can get where you want!!

Sonia:I think all of us have that gym phobia at first if you have read all the posts you will see yhat most of us have felt the same at one time or another...it took ALOT for me to go to Kick-Boxing class..BUT the Chicks here talked me through and I went and now I do not know what I was so afraid of...Anyway until you feel more comfy exercising in public ther is plenty you can do at home...Pilates,aerobics Kick boxing ...buy a couple(or rent) of tapes and see what works for you...Keep us posted!!

Anyway I should go my son and his frineds are arriving for an after Prom BBQ(prom was last night)......Talk to you all soon...Jilly
Old 06-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #267  

Default Hi Girls!

I actually tried to post first thing this morning, had it all written out, went to post and it said it was "doing system maintainance" and it deleted my post!
Well, I didn't have time to put all those brilliant thoughts down again right away- so now I'm back!
I hope everyone had a good day. I did get out walking this morning- did 9 laps at the track (2-1/4 miles). My right knee and left hip hurt a little (weird, huh?) so I quit there. Am gradually working my way up to do three miles- almost there! Diet going great- had chicken, potatoes and carrots with my family for supper- just all in measured portions. So thankful, weather has been glorious here in CT. Tomorrow rain is coming, though, but am going to Curves instead of walking.

Praytherosary- Wow, I'd never heard of the Lightweigh program before- that sounds very sensible. I laughed out loud when I read about your dog getting the last bite! I know just how that goes. Our Murphy makes those "puppy eyes" pretty much all through dinner! I understand completely about the portion size thing. I used to eat fewer and much larger meals (plus eating things in between) before starting on the program I'm on now. Between eating 3 good meals per day, plus 3 snacks in between- I am rarely truly hungry.Those meals consist of things that fill you longer- like high fiber foods. To be honest, I just ate alot of junk before!

CourtneyLynn- What a pretty name! I am so sorry to read about your Mom's illness. I know how hard it is to keep doing the things you were and at the same time dealing with something so painful. How is your Mom now- and you?If you can get back into taking care of your health, it will be easier for you to be strong - for yourself and your Mom. You will be in my thoughts, dear.

Sonia- I am so happy for you that you got back on your plan! You remember when you go to that gym that those "skinny" girls would have negative things to say about their own bodies too. Everyone does no matter how great they look to us! I am also happy to see that you know that you know only you can make yourself confident and happy. I know women ALOT older than you that still don't get that. It is great though, that your boyfriend supports you for who you are. My husband has always been that way- never made me feel like he loved me less because of my weight. That frees you to make good changes, instead of wasting your time feeling bad about the way you look.

Well, that's about it all- have to go and finish cleaning up after supper. Talk to you all later!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #268  

Red face

Good Evening everyone!! Hope ya all had a great weekend.

Jilly, thanks for your encouragment. I guess sometimes I get discouraged looking at how far I have yet to go, that I forget how far I've come. 37lbs is still 37lbs...thanks for pointing that out.

Barb, thanks for your concern with my Mom. She had a mastectomy a few and they say things are looking good. She'll have to go in for some follow up surgery in the coming months, and will also have to take doses of chemotherapy, though the levels are so low, she'll be able to take it in pill form, so there won't be as many harsh side affects. As for me, I'm hanging in there. But things are looking up. It just kind of was a blow to all of us. I lost my father to cancer recently, too, so this was just very hard to take. BUT...we're getting good new from the doctors, so that's what we're focusing on...and what we're believing in. Thanks for your encouragement and support also.

I'll have to admit, I did not have the best weekend as far as my dieting goes. We were baking all weekend for an American Cancer Society fund raiser...and unfortunately I wasn't as strong as I should have been. But tomorrow is a new day, and a new week, and I sat down and wrote out some new commitments I've made to myself and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'll let ya know how it goes. Still no additional weight lost...but also nothing gained. So I suppose that's better then nothing.

Well it's been a long day, and my pillow is calling my name.
You all have a wonderful week and I'll catch up with you later.

Goodnight!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #269  

Default Hi Courtney!

That is really good news about your Mom! I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, though. Both of my parents are gone now, but I treasure my memories of them. You still have that time with your Mom- make the most of it!

You have an amazing positive attitude- that is so crucial to getting through every day! I've had to develop one- it helps alot with the dieting and exercise. Luckily, what they say is true- your mood does get better when you're active.

That's great that you worked at that fundraiser (also a positive step!). And, hey, one splurge isn't going to put back the weight you've lost. I read something awhile ago that isn't rocket science, but works for me when I falter. I would have to eat much more and for longer than I ever would allow myself to, to regain what I've lost. It reminds you that YOU have the control!

I am going to the gym when the kids leave for school, work around the house and then brace myself for a job interview tomorrow (I'm a little nervous). Well, I hope you have a great day and I'll talk to ya later!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:32 AM   #270  

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi, Everyone!

I didn't get much computer time this weekend, sorry about not being around for the support. Looks like I missed meeting a few people!, so welcome to ya all! I'm looking forward to getting to know EVERYONE.

I had a great weekend. Jilly65: You asked about the KC concert. What a fun time! My friend and I danced and danced! I now know why I was thin in my early 20's...it was from all that dancing I did, because I sure did feel it on Saturday morning!

I felt that I did great with the exercise this weekend, but the food was another matter. I bought these vanillia cream cookies and I love to dunk them in milk. I KNEW when I bought them I shouldn't, but I told myself I would control them. Well, I didn't so, I threw the rest of them away last night. Anybody else have trigger foods like that? Ever do the same thing I did?

Have a great day. I'll check in later.

Susie
Closed Thread