Exercise! - It Doesn't Matter What You do, as Long as you are MOVING! Come IN!

Girlie
04-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey there...I'm back after a couple of really lazy years. I was a part of a thread back then that really motivated me. I'm looking for some folks who want to share their daily routines and make a few online friends...I just started a new routine in the past couple of weeks. I alternate an 8-mile bike trail ride and going to the gym, mainly elliptical machine. I am also known to dabble in the Leslie Sansone tapes when I don't feel like leaving the house.

If you want some accountability and some fun chat each day, let me know...let's start a thread and have some fun, share our trials and successes! I also hope to meet up with a few old friends who I used to post with!

Girlie

Genesis
04-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, I'm trying to get back in the exercise habit as well! I'd love to be accountable to somebody besides myself! I just stocked up on some great new fitness DVDs and bought some new Nikes, so I'm set! Tonight is taxes, but starting tomorrow I'm working up some sweat! My goal is to exercise six mornings a week, and hopefully squeeze in a few evening yoga or pilates sessions. This time around my main objective is to feel better about myself and not to worry about the scale. Let's do it!

gillian14
04-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Actually I just started an exercise routine myself.. I haven't been that active lately, and I finally decided to brush the dust off the treadmill and I bought some Pilates tapes hehe. However I am in need of some new exercise shoes but I can get those later.

My goal is to exercise about 6 nights a week, running 4-5 nights and doing a pilates video 4-5 nights as well. I might start walking somedays, it depends on my mood because I don't usually find walking to be a challenging enough workout for me. Anyways, I'd love to join this thread.

gillian14
04-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh I forgot to add some things too, oops hehe Anyways, I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds before the June 1st, and I want to get toned so that I'm not embarassed to be in my bathing suit in front of people once summer comes. It's not that I'm that much overweight, I just have a lot of excess fat in my hips and butt which I can never seem to get rid of.

Also I need something like this to keep my in check with my eating habits, which I admit really need some work. I have been doing better the past few days, but I tend to eat a lot of fast food and I don't think I get enough fruits or vegetables or protein. Anyways, I think I'm done this time :)
Hope to chat later!

MotivatedQueen
04-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Hey Girlie!
It is me MQ from the "Race to 200!!" in the BUDDY Forum. Exercise. Hmmm something that I KNOW that I need to do. I love yoga and that is all that I am really able to do at this point. I have degenerated disc disease and well my last disc is black which means that I need to watch any activity that I do. I can NEVER carry or push anything heavy ever again. So needless to say that I sold the Jane Fonda aerobic beat tapes that last years annual yard sale. I am sure that they are collecting dust on someone else's shelf! lol
So basically it is me and my "yoga zone" tapes and my pink mat. I also do some leg lifts that have always seemed to keep my legs shapely.
So that is that. No very exciting huh?

MQ

Girlie
04-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Hello, everyone! Thanks for responding. I hope that we can get a few people together here and help to motivate each other. I did this a couple of years ago and it was great, and you really get to know people. Well, I'm here and I plan on posting every day through the week and I hope all of you do as well.

I think this should be about moving...doing something each day, whether it's a full-fledged workout or taking the stairs instead of an elevator...anything. I have learned that trying to work out every day is unreasonable for me and I get burned out...but I just want to do something that I enjoy. All of us are at different weight loss levels with different goals, but we should still be able to encourage each other to move.

MQ - Thanks for joining me! I'm so glad! Maybe the others from the board will join us too! I'm sorry to hear about your degenerated disc...but it is a great inspiration to hear that you still want to move. Maybe we should start a "Race to 199" thread (LOL 199 sounds so much better than 200 LOL!!!) somewhere for people who specifically want to get out of the 200's? I will still maintain this thread too!

My husband and I have been doing an 8 mile route through a bike trail here and that has been kicking my butt. When we don't do that, I head to the gym which I did last night. I walked and stretch for a few minutes, then head to the exercise bike for 15 minutes, then hit the elliptical for 35 minutes, then went to the warm up room to do crunches, stretch and cool down.

How are you doing, Gillian and Genesis? Hope to hear from you soon!

Girlie

MojoJodie
04-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi, I am new here, and this is only my second post. I would love to join the thread, I think I need some accountability (tough love!) and motivation to stay on track. Right now I am doing the Bellydancing for Fitness tapes with the twins (I have found that it is very important to NOT try to get the little "pops" in the movements like the twins do...at least not at first, when I first tried them I thought I broke my back...ow!), I have a Pilates "On the Ball" DVD coming and an exercise ball ordered and on it's way, and I live in the country so I can walk and bike when/if I feel like it. I have about 100 pounds to lose, and have dropped about 10 in the last five weeks. I follow no diet plan, but eat more veggies and fruits, fiber and I try to get some good protien in when I feel like I am dragging. No snacking!! I have switched to Equal/Splenda and am finally used to it. I drink tons of iced tea w/key limes (yum) instead of lemon, and this satisfies me, somehow. I rarely want to snack. I also try to get more activity in my day, for instance I take the kids clothes upstairs and put them away after every load instead only once in a basket after all the laundry is done.
Overall, I am feeling confident, if a little down, because I haven't lost in about a week. I seem to be "stuck" but with added exercise and all my diet changes, I know eventually my bod will give it up. Looking forward to shared progress with everyone! ;)

Genesis
04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi Everybody! Day One on program has been a success so far. I got up at 5am and did my boot camp workout DVD (see link below for more information)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008E1MN/qid=1081887970/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl74/102-0209274-6331300?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Here's my food so far:

Breakfast:
Luna bar
16 oz non-fat milk latte

Snack:
Handfull dried apricots

Lunch:
1/2 Eggplant sandwich
Asparagus

Planned Dinner (have not eaten yet):
Black beans and rice
Green salad
Artichoke

I also let myself have one small piece of dark chocolate after dinner to satisfy my sweet tooth. I LOOOVE really dark chocolate and found a great Swiss dark chocolate that comes in mini-bars, about the size of Hershey's miniatures. It's a perfect amount of chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth. I usually have a cup of herbal mint tea with my chocolate! Yum!

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Girlie
04-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Genesis,
Your food sounds great. I love different types of veggies! Are you a vegetarian? Did you make the eggplant for your sandwich? If so, can you share the recipe? I've always wondered what to do with eggplant. Also, how do you prepare your artichokes?

I didn't think to share my food today...I eat weird things sometimes...for breakfast I had a grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat bun...lunch I had a grilled chicken breast and some sweet potatoes, and then I had five Hershey's miniatures when I went back to work...bad!!!! :o I never have any willpower when people have candy dishes on their desks! :devil:

The peppermint tea sounds good, I think I will try that. Got a brand to recommend? Last night when I got home from the gym, I was hungry and had some egg whites. Maybe a cup of decaf tea would have satisfied me. :coffee:

Hope you all are having a great day!

MojoJodie
04-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Morning...30 minutes with the Bellydance Twins.

Breakfast...Bowl of Cracklin Oat Bran and some tea (I am an iced tea addict)

Lunch...PB and J sandwich (I know, it's kinda bad, but it was spread very thinly, I swear!) with yet more iced tea.

Snack...just a few Goldfish crackers and a banana

Dinner....grilled cornish game hens, roasted zucchini and a toasted slice of veggie bread (no butter!) with still more iced tea (does it surprise you to know that I have an iced tea maker? :smug: )

Later tonight...green tea for antioxidants

Good luck everyone! One day down, one day closer to our goals!

Genesis
04-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Hi Girlie, Yes, I'm a veggie! I ate the eggplant sandwich at a restaurant. I enjoy eggplant, but I actually have never tried to cook it myself. I find I like it best grilled. As for the artichokes, I just trim the spikey ends of the leaves off, trim some of the stem off (leaving about 1/2 inch to one inch stub) and toss it in a boiling pot of water until you can easily pierce the heart. I usually melt a little bit of butter for dipping, but I try to keep it to a minimum. For me, a little butter goes a long way. Artichokes are probably my favorite veggie. I remember in preschool we had to do a "show and tell" of our favorite food. All of my preschool peers were talking about pizza and mac-n-cheese, while I was raving about artichokes! I've always loved veggies since I was little, even unusual ones like brussel sprouts.

I love just about any peppermit tea. Right now I'm drinking Stash at home and have a box of Celestial Seasons at work. I enjoy a big mug after lunch, very refreshing and helps your digestion.

Good luck everybody! :)

Girlie
04-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Good evening, all!

I'm getting a bit addicted to the boards...I guess that's good...as long as I'm typing, I'm not eating!

Jodie, you had a great day. I don't think we should ever apologize for using things like peanut butter or butter, etc. We do what works best for us...and if we don't succeed, we change things around. I'm all about trying to eat "normal" foods like butter and peanut butter and chocolate in moderation. I don't want to have a kitchen full of fat free and low cal foods. I want to try to eat whatever I want and learn not to overdo it. I think that's the only way I'm going to succeed at this. I've done Weight Watchers and it is a great program, but I don't like being chained to a journal or not being able to eat something because I don't know how to count it.

Genesis:
I stopped eating meat for a while but realized it wasn't my thing. I wasn't doing it for the animals or anything like that, I just wanted to see if I could do it and make it a part of a healthy lifestyle. Well, I realized that I do love to have meat sometimes and I was eating no meat but I was eating more carbs and junky things. So anyway, that was my little experiment! I have some Stash Chai tea here at home. Next time I go to the store I'll have to check out peppermint tea.

Well, I just got home from the gym. I am seeing results on the scale (small, but it's only been a couple of weeks!) and I'm very pleased with myself. I love feeling strong and healthy. I did my 15 minute bicycle warm up and 30 minutes on the elliptical, then 15 minutes of crunches and leg lifts and cooled down by walking. Sometimes I feel like doing 45 mins of cardio isn't adequate, but again, I used to do 1.5 hours of cardio and I got burned out...so I'm going to make myself do no more than an hour. Some people at the gym walk on the treadmill for like an hour or some people TWO...but you have to do what's best for you. Or in this case...ME!

Well, I'm off to bed before midnight tonite! Wow, it's a miracle! See you guys tomorrow!

Girlie

MojoJodie
04-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Boy, Girlie, you sure hit the nail on the head. I am trying to do exactly as you describe....make my diet (or non-diet) flexible and workable in the real world. I have tried so many regimented diets and always feel deprived and dried up like an underfed plant. I need a certain amount of fat and protien or I am not human...I have to be human!

I also try to stick to the simple idea of only eating when I am hungry and stopping when I feel...not full, but satisfied.

I am shocked at how out of shape I am! Geez, I always thought of myself as overweight, yes, but also strong and capable. Hmmm, not so much. I am strong, I naturally carry good muscle, but I have no ability to exert myself for extended periods of time. This is a motivator for me! I gotta get to moving and working so I can feel more in control of my own body!

Am I rambling? I just love having this thread to post to, and being able to clear my mind of my thought and ideas regarding this new life of mine...thanks everyone! This is such a big help.

Girlie
04-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a great day! I started the day with a grilled chicken breast sandwich on a whole wheat bun.

It was quite difficult to get out of bed this morning. I think the exercise is doing well for me! The leg lifts are making my legs feel stronger.

Jodie:
I really like your viewpoint on the eating issue. I mean, I donít feel like I can follow a structured ďprogramĒ for eating for the rest of my life. I want to have things that I want to eat and never have to say no to something. I really think it can work this way. Most people do not stick with a plan, especially if they get to their goal weightÖand they gain some back and start a plan again and again and again. I like the Weight Watchers plan, but things seem so marketedÖitís all about money to them. Thatís the deal with all of the weight loss/fitness programs these days. I must be possible to do this on our ďownĒ.

Oh, and the endurance thingÖI never used to think I could exercise for any certain amount of time. They day I joined the track team in high school was when I found out we had to run 2.5-3 miles each day AFTER practiceÖthe first time I ever ran in my entire lifeÖand you know, my 160 pound butt did it, without stoppingÖmany of the thin girls had to stop and walkÖand that has been my motivation since. Not that I could run 3 miles in my condition, but that I have endurance in me somewhere. Whether itís a treadmill, biking, walking, elliptical, I think everyone should have some sort of cardio in their lifestyle, even if itís 15 minutes. Sometimes, when I feel tired or not up to a workout at the gym, I just make myself do 10 minutes of 3 different exercisesÖwalk for ten, bike for ten, elliptical for ten. Ten minutes is quick, but hey, that just made 30 minutes of cardio! Normally I donít think itís that someone CANíT do the cardioÖwhen Iím on the elliptical for 30 or 40 minutes, I watch people get on a machine all psyched up, then after a few minutes they get tired and stop. Even when I first get on, I want to stop, but after about ten minutes, Iím used to it and after that itís all about willpower to stay on until I know my muscles are really feeling it and I need to stop.

Sorry for rambling! Itís easy lol! Hope you have a great day!

Girlie

MojoJodie
04-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Okay, this morning 30 minutes with the bellydance twins

Breakfast, Krave protien bar and milk (really kept me satisfied for a long time, but gave me gas :o )

Lunch a small quesadilla with maybe two tablespoons of mexican cheese on it and a banana

Dinner Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup and three crackers

Snack dry cracklin oat bran and a little milk to wash it down ;)

Tada! Not too bad! Hope everyone else did well also!

Girlie
04-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Hello! Man, my exercising must be kicking my butt because it's so hard to get out of bed. My legs and arms feel kind of tight so maybe I need to spend more time stretching.

Hey Jodie - your food sounds yummy! I don't think I could eat that little in a day. I'm such a stickler for snackies. I had a total of four chicken breasts yesterday, one at breakfast, one at lunch and two for dinner. At lunch I had veggies with it. I also had a serving of Hershey's Kisses which is 8 pieces throughout the day, as well as an ice cream sandwich and an apple. I definitely didn't need the ice cream sandwich but it was sooo good lol. I ate it right before I went to the gym LOL.

My DH and I were watching "A Beautiful Mind" last night and that distracted me from getting to the gym on time. By the time I got there, I just had enough time to do a 30 minute elliptical run, some crunches and stretching before I took my shower and all. I think the elliptical is getting better for me and I'm at a more consistent pace.

I'm starting the day with a big cup of diet Dr. Pepper and a grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat bun. I don't know what it is about the chicken breasts, but I don't think I can ever get tired of them and I keep them in the freezer (pre-cooked) and throw them in the microwave, maybe add a dab of bbq sauce which I did today. And they are good protein and filling.

Hope you all are having a great day!

MojoJodie
04-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Girlie, you think I eat too little? Well, I hope not. I think if I ate more I would feel horrible about myself and prolly not lose. I really feel full most of the time, and don't feel deprived at all...if you say this is a little bit of food, then boy-howdy, that's cool! I kinda felt I was pushing it a bit yesterday, but managed to keep it all under control.

Protien is so important, I just never realized. Of course, so many diets have us eating nothing but carrots and lettuce and rice cakes...no wonder I always felt like poo and had awful breath as well. We need that protien and also fat too! This was a great epiphany for me when I finally realized to *listen to my body*. What are your goals, Girlie? Are you trying to lose or maintain, or simply exercise more?

This morning I did about 15 minutes of the fat burning bellydance tape...ooh, the calf burn! My Pilates tape and exercise ball should be here today, and I am looking forward to a break from bellydance!

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Girlie
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I think what you eat sounds great. I LOVE Cracklin' Oat Bran. It's so awesome and so filling...I just haven't been eating cereal..it never sounds good and when it does, we have no soy milk.

My goals...of course to lose weight...but I want to make exercise a part of my daily routine...at least 4-5 days a week. I find that I tend to lose weight that way (even if I eat "junk", and make good decisions for the rest of the day) and I just feel better. It will help lessen the symptoms of PCOS too.

I also want to have a baby :p ...and the healthier I am, the better. I don't think it's necessarily getting to 160...but it's feeling good, being able to wear cute clothes and feel attractive and being able to just go out and run a few miles like I used to!

Girlie
04-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm tired this morning...I get back from the gym at midnight and so I can't get to sleep until 1a or 2a, so I feel so tired in the mornings. Next week, my goal is to try to get to the gym earlier and get enough rest!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Girlie

MojoJodie
04-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Girlie, you are my hero! Not getting home from the gym 'til midnight...my bedtime is nine and at ten I cannot hold my eyes open one more second! You are da bomb! I would like to take advantage of a gym, though. I live about 25 miles away from one, which would make it too much of a hassle to do. but, next year when I start at the University I hope I will be able to grab a little time in the gym before I head home after class. I hope...but I don't know how that all works. Hopefully I will have lost more weight by then, and feel a little less self-conscious about being among the buff and horribly young. :cool:

Speaking of weight loss...remember I said my body had quit losing for about 2 weeks or so? Well, it caught up and I lost a total of 5 pounds this week. It just dropped off. That is a total of 15 pounds lost so far. I feel fabulous! Even doing a bit of the bellydance to the radio as I folded clothes this morning! :sunny:

Yesterday I ate very little, just a krave bar (which I have found really gives me energy and fills me up for a good long time!) and a handful of Goldfish for a snack and a taco for dinner...my tummy never growled all day! The day before I ate a little more. Can't remember what exactly (that was too long ago! :) ) but my appetite was a little larger on Thursday.

So far today, 30 minutes with my new exercise ball. I love it! Breakfast was a Krave bar and milk. Lunch will prolly be a leftover taco (homemade, not Taco Bell!), dinner will be hamburgers.

Have a great day!

kittykitkat1971
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I am looking for someone to yell at me when I need them to lol.

About me - I am looking to lose 15-20 lbs over all, am down 6 pounds in one month, thanks to Pilates 4-5x a week and keeping a eye on my food. I am trying to get myself walking regularly. I seem to be afraid of the treadmill lol.

I cant count on my dh to kick my butt bc he doesnt want to tell me that I "have to workout" - its like me asking him if I look fat, there is no right answer lol.

So I am going to try to post here daily and tell you all my excercise accomplishments and my food choices (good or not so good).

Will talk to you soon!
Kitty

gillian14
04-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in awhile, my life has been a little hectic lately :S but I will definitely try to get on a lot more, its only 15 or so minutes out of my day so I'm sure I can manage.

Anyway, yesterday my eating was the best it has been since.. I can't even remember when its been that good! lol It might not be that great, but I have never been one for healthy eating, even when I was at my best weight. Heres how it went:
B: strawberries, banana, applesauce
L: carrots and cucumbers, tuna sandwich on flax soy bread(thats a big step for me! haha)
D: roasted marinated chicken, salad with cucumbers and red pepper

Wow, I think thats more veggies and fruits than I've eaten this entire week!! Today wasn't as good, but hey now that I've done it once, I'm sure it will start to get easier.
Also, I've been running/walking for almost two weeks now, and I've definitely started to notice improvements. When I started, I would do about half and half running/walking for about 1.5 miles in about 20 minutes. Well yesterday, I did 2.5 miles, more running than walking in about 28 minutes, and I found I wasn't even really getting that tired until about 22 minutes into it. Before then i was getting tired, but it was almost a pleasant kind of tired, if that makes sense lol. Anyways, I'm done rambling on. I'm going to go running in a bit, so I may check in after that to tell you how it went. Cya!

Girlie
04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
WELCOME, Kitty! Please do post and share your experiences. It helps me a lot!

And Gillian, that's great about your exercising...I hope that you keep it up! I want to be able to run again, but I've got a while to go before I can get up to running again. When I was around 160, I got into a running routine and I think my best was about an 8 minute mile which was fine for me!

Jodie, I wish I could get away with eating so little! I have a major sweet tooth...I think as I lose weight and stuff, I'll have a smaller appetite, but for now, especially with all of the exercise, I've been so hungry! The weekends are strange though...My husband and I keep 3rd shift hours on the weekends...we stay up all night watching movies, cleaning, reading, etc...and go to bed around 3a, 4a, and this morning it was 6am! I slept until 2pm and headed to the gym around 4p. I am very happy, despite my buttered popcorn binge on Friday night, I lost a few pounds this week which has really motivated me. I never want to be in the 230's ever again! There is one milestone!

Gosh, I can't even remember what I ate yesterday either...seems like an eternity ago lol! Today though, the first thing I ate when I woke up was a chocolate covered, bunny shaped marshmallow. They were on sale at Wal Mart for 23 cents for five of them and I couldn't pass them up. I love chocolate and I figured this would be a good way to have a bit of chocolate each day without eating something really rich. They only have 60 calories and 2g fat each. I also ate half a banana and some turkey pepperoni before I went to work out. I did 30 sweaty minutes on the stationary bicycle, 45 really sweaty minutes on the elliptical and then some stretching and crunches. I'm so proud of that 45 minutes...it's not easy, but I did it. After I got back I made shrimp alfredo and corn. Not very healthy, but the key is to eat a small amount and stop there, which I've done. Now I've got diet Mt. Dew and I'll probably have an apple or banana before bed.

I know I can do it now...I've lost 7 pounds since I started exactly two weeks ago...I eat what I want with controlled portions and exercise and I'm doing a good job. I really need to keep the motivation high. I can't wait until people start asking me if I'm losing! I'll be so happy.

I hope everyone stays with it! Keep posting!

gillian14
04-18-2004, 09:53 PM
75 minutes of exercise Girlie? That's great!! Right now, I have been going about 30 minutes, but I want to by the summer be doing around 45 or be running the full 30 minutes. I think I am going to try increasing time before I take the walking aspect out of my exercise.
Tonight was another great night of exercise, I did a 20 minute pilates video, and I had a 30 minute run/walk doing about 2.7 miles! That's my best ever since I've started running. I am trying out for a baseball team at the moment, and I think this is really going to help my performance if I do end up making the team.

Just wondering, does anyone have any suggestions for healthy snacks that aren't too big but are somewhat filling for before supper, after supper, etc? I don't want to be eating anything too fattening, but I need something to hold me over. Thanks! hehe

MojoJodie
04-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Okay, everyone seems to be doing so well, and we all seem so upbeat! I think we all deserve a round of applause! :cp:

Yesterday, I feel as if I passed my fery first big test, and I feel great about myself for it. My family all had to go visit my cousin in the hospital yesterday, and where my family congregates, there will be food. They decided to go on a Dairy Queen run! My DH asked what I wanted, and I said "whatever." Danger. Anyway, I ended up having 1/2 of a double cheeseburger (equals 1 right? :) ) and maybe 10 bites of the cheesecake blizzard that I could have wolfed down like a crazed animal. Oh, and a diet coke. That's it! There were fries, ice cream cones, shrimp, salads with heavy dressing....I passed it all up! Not even a nibble! :dance: So. while I wasn't perfect, I was a much improved version of me.

And I spent 30 minutes doing Pilates on the stability ball which was awesome! I just adore my big blue ball already, and I've only had it for a few days.

Good luck this week everyone!

Girlie
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Gillian - you know what? Although I do a lot of cardio, one thing I can't do right now is run. You are doing something great for your body - I believe that running is an excellent form of cardio. I only pretend to run on my elliptical machine...soon, you will be able to run the full 30 minutes, 45 minutes, etc...I probably couldn't jog for five minutes! I'm afraid to try too...I'm ebarassed that I used to be able to run five miles and now I can't do five minutes! Some day it will come, but I believe I'll need to get under 200lbs before I can run. I'm envious of you, but I will get there!

Jodie - Good for you...ohhh the big DQ. I LOVE the cheesecake blizzard! That is what I would get if I went there! I think you made great decisions. If you had gotten nothing or just a salad with light dressing, you may have watched everyone else enviously and secretly binged later...that's how it happens for me...When I get a DQ craving now, I found out they have these fat free, sugar free popsicles that taste like orange dreamsicles. They also have raspberry. Not as much fun, but when my husband or friends want to go there and I didn't have such a great eating day, I might choose those...even two of them.

Gillian asked about low fat foods that are filling...hmmmm...I get home around 5.30 and I normally eat dinner first thing...then I go to the gym around 8p or 9p so I don't snack much at night..but during the DAY LOL!!!! That's another story! I try to choose something with fiber. I've snacked on some Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats or pretzels...instead of regular flour pretzels, I like pretzels made from spelt that I get in the health food store - they have a decent amount of fiber per serving. Other things I might snack on are the WOW fat free, low fat Doritos or potato chips. I also love pork rinds. I know, scary, but for some reason I love them. They have 0 carbs and around 5g fat per serving, but they suck up water and seem to expand in your stomach and fills you up fast.

An old friend of mine used to make the muffins from the back of the Fiber One cereal box. Low fat, very high fiber, and filling!

I hope this helps. Anyone else want to share? :)

I have a crock pot full of ham and beans cooking all day...my mouth is watering as we speak!

Have a great evening, everyone!

gillian14
04-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Ahh worst day ever!! McDonalds for breakfast which made me so sick all I ate for lunch was a salad, crackers and cheese snack plus the REST of a HUGE chocolate bunny I got for easter, and THAT made me so sick all I could eat for dinner was a salad. I can't believe I have eaten this bad, but hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track. Honestly, I don't know what came over me with the chocolate. I had been soo good at just eating a bit at a time, but I wanted sugar and it was there, and once I started I couldn't stop! All my chocolate is gone now thank goodness, one less thing to add to my butt! lol And to top it all off, I haven't exercised at all today, but hopefully I will be biking some because I really feel like I need to work off the 5 pounds I must have gained hehe.

Girlie, don't worry, I'm sure one day soon if you keep sticking with it you will be back running too!! Wow, I definitely have not worked my way up to 5 miles yet, but that would be wonderful! Even if I don't lose that much weight from this, I really want to stay active and fit, I would love to be able to do sports without getting as tired as I do now, or just even having stronger muscles so I can lift and carry things easier! And thanks for the food tips, mmm I love those low-fat doritos as much as the regular kind!

Jodie, that's great on the Dairy Queen eating, that's quite an accomplishment, especially since Dairy Queen is one of the most tempting places ever! hehe Ice cream AND fast food in one cannot be a good combo ;) Just wondering, how much did your ball cost? I've been thinking about getting one, but then I'd have to get the videos to know different exercises to do etc.. How much did the video cost you that you are using as well?

Anyways, I'll check in later, bye girls

kittykitkat1971
04-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Woohoo I am so excited I walked 45 minutes yesterday! Problem is that I had new sneakers on and I have 3 blisters on my feet (2 bled). Any suggestions on how to relieve the pain?

Today is a pilates day anyway. Ate well yesterday, made good food choices. Little nervous about weighing in on Thurday (no not weight watchers, just my "day" to weigh myself. I don't feel like I have lost but I don't think I have gained. I had a GREAT weigh in last week. :o)

Well good luck, your posts are all awesome. Keep up the good work!!!

Kitty

Girlie
04-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Hello, all!

Kitty, I'm glad that you are doing well. Everything will pay off. I get so nervous and excited for my weigh in day...but we all will have gains and losses, good weeks and bad weeks. We will have "bad" weigh ins even when we feel like we did everything "right". I haven't had one yet, but the make me feel terrible!

Then again, we will sometimes have "bad" weeks. We all need to have a 'breakdown' every once in a while during our journey to success. What we are doing is not easy, but we can do it.

I was so tired yesterday. I decided to take the night off of exercise and go to bed early. But then I woke up early, around 5am, and couldn't get back to sleep so I went to the gym. I didn't have time for a warm up, but went straight to the elliptical machine and did 45 minutes. It started to get hard around 30 minutes but I trudged along. My problem is that my mouth gets so dry so I take sips of water periodically, but I'm afraid to drink too much...it makes me get a stomach cramp.

I feel pretty awake now that I'm at work and I'm proud of myself for going. I might still go tonite and do a little something...I'm going crazy. Maybe I shouldn't go and overdo it. I'll see how I feel tonite. For now, I'm munching on Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast. I hope this work day goes by quickly...or at least the morning. I've got ham and beans in the crock pot at home for lunch!

Hope to hear from you all!

PS - for those of you who have a big ball, what do you do on it? I have used the big ball at the gym to stretch and that's nice. I have seen some people lie on their backs and do leg lifts, lifting the ball with both legs.

Also, If anyone is looking for a tape, I have the Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile and it's pretty good. Maybe I'll do that as a bit of a light workout tonite. I say light because it's not like the elliptical machine that makes me pour sweat, but I do break a sweat and it keeps you moving for 45 minutes. Yeah...I think that's what I'll do tonite! I'll use my 2lb weights as well. I admit that I get annoyed listening to the same thing over and over so I don't do the tape very often!

Girlie
04-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh, and Kitty - I'm sorry about the blisters. And three of them! I know how you feel! Maybe that's why I'm putting off buying new shoes lol!

I'd say for you to try to alternate shoes for a while until the blisters heal. I remember I would put band-aids over the blisters but they just come off. Try using a thicker pair of socks so the shoes don't rub so much. My husband is one of those guys who will drain his blisters by sterilizing a needle and just making a hole small enough to drain, then use peroxide to help clean and dry them out so they heal faster. Some say not to do this because the blister is the skin's defense mechanism.

I hope this helped a bit!

MojoJodie
04-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I got mine on Overstock.com for $22, and it came with a video of it's own which has great ab and thigh exercises (every order is only 2.95 shipping there which is awesome). I got the DVD "Pilates on the ball" with Lisbeth Garcia, also on Overstock, and I have to say she is really good. It feels great to get support from the ball, and I absolutely would recommend it. The ball, to be specific, is the Exerflex, and it goes from 55 to 65 cm depending on how big you need it to be. It says it holds up to 1,000 pounds, so I have no worries it will dump me on my face as I do back exercises. The back exercises! They are great if you have back pain, it has really strengthened my back and it never hurts anymore...I'm sure all my exercise combined has helped that, but I really enjoy the back exercises for some reason. :dizzy:

Today all I have had is a Balance bar and two glasses of milk. I went a tad overboard yesterday and today I don't feel hungry. Tonight is chicken curry, and hopefully no snacking. Today at the store I officially switched to skim milk...which is a big thing for me because I think it is wretched but will just have to get used to it.

So, anyway, I am baby-stepping away and hoping everyone is also doing great!

Girlie
04-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Jodie,

Have you tried soy milk? It's thicker like 2% and whole and nutritious...but it's not fat free like skim. I only drink soy because I can't have the milk.

I have been craving cereal lately. I want to try the new Kellogg's corn flakes with banana. I just never have time to make cereal. Today, I had a banana and some dry frosted mini wheats for breakfast, two of the little chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies that I got on clearance and for lunch I had a grilled chicken breast with tater tots. Baked chicken and a veggie for dinner.

For dessert, I'm doing the 45 minute Walk Away the Pounds video!

gillian14
04-20-2004, 08:50 PM
So today for eating wasn't as bad, I am happy to say. Lunch was actually really healthy, and the only junk food I really have had today is some penny candies from the corner store, which at least wasn't chocolate! hehe

The past 2 days I haven't ran, and I've noticed ever since yesterday morning that my hip/upper thigh has been hurting, not like feeling sore, but it feels like I hurt something, so I am going to take it a bit easier for a few days as to not make it worse.

Wow, that ball is pretty cheap Jodie! I might end up buying one a bit later on, after I get bored with the pilates dvds I recently bought. I like your dessert Girlie! hehe and it won't add to your thighs like other desserts either! Anyways, I'm getting ready to ride my stationary bike for a bit, and maybe do pilates if my leg isn't bothering me, so I will check in later :)

MojoJodie
04-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Girlie- I have tried the soy milk. 8th Continent was the name, and I thought it was very tasty. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we drink way too much milk around here to be able to afford it...I think 1/2 gallon was around $3.25...and we go through a gallon of milk a day!

Okay, yesterday I had a kids meal at Wendy's for dinner which I have a little bit of guilt over. I haven't exercised in two days. I will exercise today. The good news was that yesterday all I had was the Wendy's and a bowl of Uncle Sam cereal (which is vile, horrid!). So I guess I shouldn't hate myslef. Today, right back on track...I can slip, I just can't quit!

B- Balance bar and SKIM milk :dz:

L- will be a bowl of soup.

D- Will be grilled pizzas, mine will have only a little cheese and no pepperoni so I can quit hating myself about yesterday. ;)

Now I must go do my time with the Bellytwins.

Good luck, everyone!

Girlie
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
What is Uncle Sams? LOL!!!

Yes, soy milk IS expensive and that's probably why I don't have it around much. The Hubs drinks a lot of milk but as I've gotten older I just don't desire it...which is why I should be taking a supplement.

Wendy's sounds good LOL!!!! It sucks to feel guilty when we eat things...at least you made a good choice and got the kid's meal than a super sized giganto meal LOL!!! I would have gone for the 2nd choice LOL! AND a Frosty!

I did a great job at the gym last night...15 mins on the bicycle and 50 mins on the elliptical and some stretching. I was so proud. Tonite i'm going to go for only 40 minutes on the elliptical and maybe alternate long days and short days.

I had sliced peaches for breakfast, nibbled on pretzels throughout the day, a lean pocket for lunch, some peanuts to snack and for dinner I'm making shake n' bake (I LOVE this) with chicken and corn...maybe rice for the Hubs.

And, a dessert date with the gym. I know I don't have to go every day...most doctors suggest working out 3-4 times a week...but when I don't go, I feel fat. I know that sounds stupid...but I feel lazy if I don't go.

Do any of you take a daily supplement/multivitamin? What kind?

Girlie

Misti in Seattle
04-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey I'm back too! There used to be a thread here where you could set a goal for the month of how many minutes you were going to exercise... and report in deducting your minutes each time. Does anyone know if that thread is still around... and if so, what the name of it is?

Thanks

MojoJodie
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, I have no idea where that thread would be Dance4Joy. Sorry!

Girlie....Uncle Sam cereal is a boxed cereal that has wheat flakes and flax seeds...it is so gross. I tried, I really did...but yuck.

About the exercise...I also feel so much better about myself, so much more energetic and sexy when I exercise! It doesn't hurt to work out every day, so why not? I can't think of a better addiction to have than to exercise! Better than fat and sugar! :dizzy:

I am holding off more exercise until tomorrow...yesterday I had a great 30 minutes with the bellydance girls, but then I had really bad cramps for the rest of the day. I haven't had cramps with my period in years, so I guess this is the only thing I can complain about exercising...it makes my period painful!

So far today I have had a balance bar and a glass of milk. Protien bars, I have found, are craving killers for me...I just feel so satisfied, but not full. Cool.

Good luck everyone!

Girlie
04-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Cheers!

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!

I had to go in for some blood work today so I couldn't eat from 9pm until around 1.30pm today! I was starving...but I'm proud of myself because instead of running to Burger King (which I REALLY wanted to do...), I went home and had leftover baked chicken, cabbage and noodles from last night. I decided to get to bed early last night instead of go to the gym and I went to work out this morning instead. I have a softball game tonite and I might go to the gym again since I don't have much planned. I would love to end the day in the steam room at the gym!

Have a GREAT weekend, all!!!

Girlie

gillian14
04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Girlie, great to hear about your control on the Burger King!!
Jodie, ahh I just got mine a few days ago and I too am having cramps and I can always tell when mine is here because today i ate a chocolate bar and I never usually crave chocolate hehe..

I'm joining a gym tomorrow and I too have baseball tomorrow. I have been holding off on the gym because I don't want to pay for it, but I figure I will get really good use out of it and they have a "sale" type offer going on right now, its 30 dollars the first month. My friend is joining it too so she will hopefully keep me on track with it.

Today my eating didn't go all too well, but I did get in some exercise, I walked about 35 minutes and did a 20 minute pilates video. Thats about it for tonight, bye guys!

Girlie
04-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Hello, Everyone. Just a quick Sunday night update. I stayed up too late watching the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie tonite but I thought I'd post. I lost a whole pound this week LOL! I didn't make great choices eating this week. I had a lot of fried stuff. This week I'm going to focus on eating more veggies and salad as I did the week before.

I'm happy to say that I went to the gym just about every day this week and it's really becoming a habit. My leg muscles are sore and it's hard to move in the morning...I think I just need to spend more time stretching...but that means it's all working, eh?

For me, it's all about being prepared...so I'm doing my hardest to be sure that my gym clothes are all washed and ready for me to put on and go to the gym, etc. Also, I am trying to make sure I know what I'm going to eat for the day in the mornings so when I come home for lunch, there is no question of what I'm going to have. Dinner is a little harder since I usually cook for the hubs and I and I never know what we're in the mood for..but I have a few different meals that I've bought groceries for and they're all relatively healthy.

Hope you all are well! Talk to you tomorrow...hopefully...it might be another busy day at work!

Girlie

MojoJodie
04-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! :^:

I had a good weekend, lots of walking and shopping and activity, and I kept to my eating plan and so today I am pretty happy with myself. I couldn't say if I lost last week...my weight seems to fluctuate so much from day to day. Does anyone else have this problem? I know water makes our weight change, but mine is as much as 5 pounds a day! And let me tell you...to weigh myself and it says I've gained 5 lbs. in 24 hours is very discouraging, even though I know it is water weight! But, I can't not weigh myself, I have to keep close tabs to feel in control.

Anyway, I am really warming up to the bellydance thing, and I do some of the moves to the radio when no one is home. I feel lighter already, and more able to simply move!

Okay, I've checked in. :) Hope everyone has a great day!

Girlie
04-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey there, Jodie - I haven't had much fluctuation, but I know a lot of people who do. That must be quite discouraging sometimes...but you are right - maybe you should weigh yourself less and go more by how you feel and how your clothes fit.

The whole point of all of this isn't just to lose pounds...it's to be healthy, eat healthy and feel good! :) Good for you on the Bellydance! It's cool when a routine starts to "feel" better - it gets to be fun to challenge yourself by moving faster, etc. That's how I feel on the elliptical. I know I can go for 45-50 minutes, now I can start to work on speed.

I had a great workout last night and wanted to get up early today to go back to the gym since I'm having sushi with an old pal tonite, but I couldn't get up! I'll probably go late tonite again. I had broiled steak, potatoes and sauteed squash last night...a little heavier than I thought but I'm sure I burned that off lol! I was dripping sweat last night after my 50 minute elliptical session. I hate that machine but I love it!

Have a great day!

gillian14
04-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Well i finally joined the gym, it was great! I'm feeling sore today, but that's only to be expected. I have a treadmill at home but I was surprised to find how much more advanced the ones they have at the gym are than mine.

Tonight I'm going to try to go walking but I don't think I'm going to push it with running, because I want to be able to go back to the gym sooner so I don't want to keep myself sore.

My eating has been a lot better, I've stopped buying lunch and now bring one, and although I did have McDonalds on Sunday, that was the first time that week I had eaten out, and since I'm allowing myself one time a week, I don't feel bad about it. Well I am going to eat dinner, talk to you all later!

MojoJodie
04-28-2004, 08:56 AM
It is so great to hear how well everyone is doing. It is very encouraging to just read over this thread and see our progress. We rock.

I have been doing great, I have bumped up my exercise a little. I am trying to walk in the evenings and add a few spurts of jogging to the mix when possible. I really want to end up running. It is one of my thin fantasies...to be in such good shape, to have such control over my body that I can RUN. Wow. So, I went to a few running websites yesterday and learned that first I need to be able to walk at a fast pace for a good 20 to 30 minutes. So, I am working on that...I think I do pretty well, all these weeks of bellydance has gotten me in shape a bit so I can breathe better. :) So, I have set a goal...to run!

I am eating well, I am always trying to add more fiber to my diet...always more! And now mt stomach has no problem with it. Before if I had had so much fruit and high fiber cereal and veggies in my day I would spend the evening in the bathroom...so I see this as a wonderful sign that my body is becoming healthier and more effecient.

Better go. Hope everyone has a great day!

Girlie
04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm going to copy and paste the message I wrote in my other forum which about sums up what's been going on LOL!!!
----
My hump day wasn't good, y'all!

I felt so good on Tuesday, wearing my old jeans and such...but I was bloated all day yesterday...I decided to take off from the gym last night...I don't have to go 7 days a week...and that's cool cuz I think I needed it!

It sucks to feel bloated...especially when you are trying to keep upbead and on program, you just feel FAT. I'm still a bit today, but not as bad. Last night I figured being bloated means I can pig out and boy did I! I didn't feel like cooking and had a 6-inch steak and cheese sub and shared hand-cut CHEESE FRIES from a local spot with my husband while sitting on the couch watching Extreme Makeover LOL! I don't feel bad about it because I think I need that sometimes, and if I don't lose this week, I'll know why...I hope I'll be okay if I go to the gym each night for the rest of the week and stay active. It's just funny how sometimes when I get my cravings, I want it and I want it NOW!

So anyway, running late again this morning and am having animal crackers and diet coke for breakkie...when losing weight, you really have to be prepared and plan ahead. Hopefully, the bloating and the PMS stuff will be over by weigh in on Sunday and I'll have something positive to report!

In the meantime, my stomach will be messed up all day for eating such grease...that's what happens LOL!

There's my little confession...hope the rest of you are doing better than I am!

MojoJodie
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Girlie, I have noticed that the "healthy life" really causes my period to be crampy and bloaty much more than usual. I haven't had cramps since high school...but boy did I cramp last week. So you went and had some greasy food because you were feeling like dookie...like they say on Finding Nemo...."Just keep swimming!" :p Maybe next month you can prepare ahead for it by having something special waiting but a little healthier...that is what I plan, I just haven't figured out what it should be yet! :?:

Better luck today, and less bloating as well! :D Hope you are feeling better!

gillian14
04-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear about all of your progress! I notice my period this time around was a lot lighter than usual and not as bad of cramps, although I've been having to pee it seems double what I usually have to but that just may mean I am drinking a bit more water, I don't know.

I went to the gym again tonight, wow the lady at the front desk that you sign in with is so, ugh! I try to smile and say hi and she will just look at me like I'm some crazy person. And when I signed up she was less than polite as well. That drives me crazy when people are like that because I always want to know, why are they being so rude. Oh well, it's nothing I did. :) I walked/ran about 20 minutes and did the stairclimber for about 5, lets just say I could barely do 5 on the stepper, that thing is intense! I was doing the "rolling hills" workout which was pretty challenging.

My eating has been better, I think I am going to have a much better loss this week because of the gym. It seems whenever I start working out(I did a few years ago as well) the pounds just fall off! Not that I'm complaining :) Anyways, I'm going to head out, talk to you girls later!

MojoJodie
04-30-2004, 07:37 AM
For the month of may I would like to lose three to four more pounds...I have lost about 17 pounds now and would love to hit that 20 soon. Before when I was "dieting" in my life, I would get so frustrated at not losing pounds quick, and I am so glad that this time I have patince. If you think about a pound of hamburger, or a pound of sugar....it's a lot of material. Just a one pound loss is such an accomplishment!

Yesterday I ate a little more than ususal...nothing outrageous, but I had the munchies and managed to keep it all healthy. I don't like going to bed feeling slightly full, though, and am going to have to fight any more cravings I have in the evening!

I am still bellydancing every day...I have come to really love it! I use my big ball as a thigh master and squeeze it between my legs after my workout tape when one of the twins always does a little production in costume. Talk about motivating! They look so cool!

I hope everyone has a great day today and make yourself proud! ;)

Girlie
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
After taking Wednesday off, I felt so lazy. I went to the gym last night and did a great job, a 65 minute cardio session. My husband even showed up while I was there to swim and he said he was proud of seeing me giving the machine a workout!

I weighed myself and was 229...only a pound off and I was surprised the way I've been eating and feeling bloated this week. Maybe if I work hard enough I can get to 227 by Sunday, but I would be content to stay at 228 after this crazy week.

I bought a box of Quaker oatmeal breakfast squares and am having one for breakfast. They are pretty good and filling 4g fat, 220 calories - the cals are kind of high, but one square has 3g fiber which is good. This and my flavored water should keep me okay before lunch. I might be having lunch with my brother today at a sushi place which will make a nice light lunch.

It's a bit rainy in Central Illinois so my game might be cancelled but that means I can go to the gym early and watch Dateline tonite.

Way to go, everyone! We all should be so proud of ourselves!

scorchin
04-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Hiya,
This is my first post to this thread... Yesterday I walked for 45 mins did the stationary bike 20 mins treadmill 25mins and a couple of other tiny exercises for 31 mins.... Today I have done the bike again 15 mins am about to go to my curcuit training for 35-45 minutes and then if I have time I wanna do the treadmill for at least 15 mins...
Because I was going to do curcuit training I had a big breakfast milk 1%, 6 mini muffins, and small bowl of apple oatmeal which that total to be like 500 calories and 12.5 grams of fat.....(BiG BREAKFAST) Lunch I had lean pocket pizza with some garlic sauce I made 2 pieces of celery and snow peas and water 20oz. For Dinner I want a turkey sandwich and an apple maybe some lemonaid as a drink.....
OH I love those Quaker oat bars.( YUMMMY) Has anyone tried the quaker quakes rice snacks?(I love the nacho cheese) 70 calories and fat is 2.5 for 9 mini cakes
Anyways everyone keep up the good work,
Heather 8)8)8)8)

gillian14
05-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi scorchin welcome to the thread! I'm Gill. What are your goals?? Mmm the food sounds good! hehe

Today I went to the gym, did about 35 minutes of cardio (walking 20 biking 10-15) and worked out. I had a really great workout, I'm still feeling rubbery and I got done an hour and a half ago! :) hehe I love that feeling though, it's not pain it's just, I don't know, and indicator of me getting a good workout. I have eaten pretty healthy today as well, but I need to drink some more water! Anyways, I'll try to check in tomorrow! Bye

scorchin
05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Hiya gill,
my goal is to lose around 25lbs by aug......

gillian14
05-02-2004, 04:18 PM
That sounds like a pretty good goal scorchin!

Well I have lost maybe a pound in 2 weeks since starting the gym, but what happened the last time I started lifting weights was my weight didn't move much at first, but then once it started it was going down pretty quickly. I wonder why that is, I'm thinking maybe because of the whole metabolism boost that comes with working out and it probably taking a few sessions to start kicking in.

Anyways, my eating yesterday went pretty decently. My eating today wasn't too bad but I need to eat more vegetables which I will try to accomplish at dinner.

Does anyone know of any simple, free websites that have online journals for weight loss? I want to use one but I don't know which one to use. I know they have some on the 3fc website, does anyone have any output about those journals?

scorchin
05-03-2004, 02:03 AM
i think that www.fitday.com has a journal on it............

MojoJodie
05-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Hello and happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend and feel good about themselves today. I did fairly well, I was kinda sick all weekend and took off from exercise which I discovered makes me want to snack all day and I also feel terrible about myself. It's all good, though, because I learned something and got my butt moving again this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Girlie
05-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Hello All, just a quick post to check in. I took off THREE days of exercise this week. I admit, yesterday I was just lazy, but I figured Wednesday and Friday were good "break days" but I didn't eat very well so my weight stayed the same. I'll have to eat less rich foods this week and stick with the exercise.

Got a happy note though...got my bloodwork back from the doc and everything looks great, sugars, low cholesterol, etc. Awesome!

Whooeeee. Now I've just got to keep it that way! That means back to the gym tonite.

See you all soon!

Girlie
05-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Went back to the gym and did a great job. I'm proud of myself. Tonight is movie night...I just can't resist movie theater popcorn...it's so terrible but so good. Some of that will be dinner for tonite. I just finished eating grilled chicken breasts for lunch (I should have added a veggie). When I weighed last night, I had gone up a pound, so it's my duty to get that off before weigh in on Sunday and I have no reason not to be able to do that by then. I had some heavy foods this weekend and I must get away from that. So, back to my chicken breasts and protein.

But for tonite, it's :corn: and a little extra :tread: so I can have a good :goodscale: on Sunday.

I'm also trying to drink more this week, whether it be water or low cal or zero cal flavored waters, etc. I know that soon my body will be asking for it.

It just makes sense with all of the exercise I do, I can't waste it on eating poorly all of the time. The machines may not be accurate, but according to them when I put in my weight, I am burning 800-900 calories a night doing 60-88 minutes of cardio. 50 minutes on the elliptical usually says around 800-850 cals burned. I should be burning off most of the calories that I eat in a day, but I'm sure many days I'm burning off barely half...and that's just not right!

So here's to a better eating week for me. How about you guys?

gillian14
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Sorry I haven't been around in awhile, I went on a trip and I have been very busy lately, I haven't even had time to exercise! I didn't go to the gym once last week, and I only exercised 3 nights at a low/moderate pace. I am hoping next week t o get back on track though. The funny part is I think I have lost more weight this week than I did when I exercised. I don't know why, but no complaints here! hehe Anyways I will check in later, I have a lot of work to do.

hereznay
05-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

My first post to the 3FC boards and figured may as well dive on in to the workout thread :) Today is my rest day and I work out Mon-Sat from 30 - 45 minutes or so. I guess I'll check back in tomorrow post workout.

Glad to be here :D

MojoJodie
05-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Ah, Monday again! I am in the midst of a bit of a crisis with my weight loss challenge. My weight loss technically has hit a wall, I still exercise, still watch my eating...no snacks, the whole nine yards, but I just don't lose. And to top it off, I am having some sort of hormonal deal or something that is making me retain tons of water....my weight went up about 8 to 10 pounds in a matter of days...I wake up in the morning and my face is puffy sometimes and I feel like crap. I wheeze through my workout now whereas before I didn't...this is prolly because of my flippin allergies that have me coughing, sneezing, all that.

So now I feel like everything is going against me and I am not frustrated or discouraged, just P.O.'d. Really, really P.O.'d. I was cruising along really well, and now I feel like I am climbing a mountain.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Girlie
05-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Hello, everyone!

I haven't been doing all that well myself as far as eating goes, and I haven't been to the gym in a few days. That stops today LOL! Missing just a couple of days from the gym can turn into weeks or MONTHS! And we don't want that, do we?!

I am afraid to weigh in tonite at the gym but I will. I have to learn to take this one day at a time. I ate badly on Friday and I figured, oh heck, I will on Saturday and Sunday too...and it was just a mess.

So it's Monday, a new week and here I go. It's getting warm around here, 85 degrees or so today. I want to walk outside instead of doing my heavy cardio so I can get some sun. I love taking walks, but the intensity is much lower than what I'm used to...but I know it still burns calories, etc.

Jodie, I'm sorry for the problems. I would freak if I woke up and was 8 pounds heavier. I hope that you are working with your doctor to see if anything can be done to help.

Keep posting all...

hereznay
05-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Just popping in to report I did 37 minutes SIS Ramp it up today :cool:

scorchin
05-10-2004, 05:49 PM
hey herznay,
I just order the slim in 6 how u liking it???
My friends lost 32 lbs her first 6 wks and tone up quite a bit her before and after pics look so good.
Today she is starting her second 6wks so I'm wondering what she'll look like after this one. I know she said she is finally under 200lbs I was so excited for her.
OH also do u find the food menu hard? I'm already eating around 1000-1200 cals a day so I not sure if will but she said she has.
Anyways
GOOD JOB ON THE 37 mins hn
AND Girlie just put this weekend way behind u and make a fresh start and I know if i miss a couple days at the gym i feel like i don't wanna go back but i make myself and i'm always so happy i did.
much love,
Heather :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

gillian14
05-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Ah... major falling back into old eating habits these past few days.. it has GOT to stop.. I had my birthday celebration with my family yesterday, the worst but best tasting lasagna ever, ice cream, cake, you name it and I ate it. I ate some today too, and I ate out for every meal which I never do, I was just on the run a lot. I did do a workout tonight at the gym, but tomorrow I am going to make sure my eating habits improve. I'll talk to you ladies later!

hereznay
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Heather!

I really like Slim in 6. Don't get me wrong it is VERY challenging and when I'm doing it I'm not a happy camper, but it's so much fun for me I look forward to it. This is actually my 2nd round. The first one I had to stop during week 5. By that point I lost about 5lbs and 5 inches all around. I also missed a handful of workouts so I can't judge that attempt to much...ya kno.

This go round, I'm going full force. I'll be ending by 6/13 and will make sure to get all my workouts in. It's only 36 and not even an hour a day. Totally doable.

As for food, I eat about 1200-1350 calories, mainly b/c I do NutriSystem for my meals and so far no adverse effects. Slim in 6 does recommened more like 1500 calories. I may bump it up once my slow metabolism picks up.

Good luck w/it and let me know how you're doing on it. :cool:

Take care,
Renee

scorchin
05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Gill u just jump back on that wagon and kick some major butt keep urself postive remember mistakes happen and u just start off fresh the next day.
Thanks Renee for the info and everything else and good job on the 5lbs and 5'' u go girl..... oh my middle name is Renee :)
I'm so excited about getting it hehe...
Will let everyone know how I'm doing on it when It gets here.

MojoJodie
05-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Pookie- that sounds great! I can see the point of small bursts of energy. Sometimes when I think of 30 minutes of boring repetitous exercising, I want to go take a nap instead. :dizzy: Maybe the thought of only having to dedicate TEN minutes would make the idea easier to succumb to. Hmmmm, I amy try this.

On a lighter note for me (literally) my weight is cruising back down to where it should be. I have no idea of cold pills or allergies or my hormones made me blimp up like a balloon, but I am finally shedding all that excess water. What a relief. My allergies finally let up and I can get moving without wheezing again... it's all getting back to good. :D

Good luck to everyone, and have a great day!

Girlie
05-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Hello, everyone. I am back. Had a good night at the gymÖI didnít exercise as long as I usually do because I got to the gym late! I got in 15 mins on the bike and 35 on the elliptical and had no time for anything else. Fortunately, I didnít gain! Iím really excited about that. I had such a bad eating weekend and I know it wonít always be that way. I met with my doctor yesterday morning and it was goodÖeverything is fine and one of my fears is diabetes since it runs in my family and so far, my sugars are just fine! Everything is fine as it can be, and so weight loss is my biggie for the summer. My husband wants to go with me and I hope this works out.
Slim in 6 people Ė what is the program likeÖcan you briefly explain what this is about? Does ď6Ē mean itís a six-week program?
Herzenay Ė I ordered the NutriSystem last summer and couldnít deal. I think the idea is nice if you can do itÖbut I just like food too much to have to eat prepackaged food. It didnít taste good to me and has a lot of sodium. But I like the idea of it, so if you like it then thatís awesome for you!
Pookie Ė I think thatís a great idea. I have also heard that doing a few sessions a day is good for you. Itís definitely burning calories and fat. If I had a machine at home and had the capacity to work on it several times a day, I might consider that. I use the elliptical at the gym which is similar to a gazelle, is it not? Do you have the Tony Little gazelle? What do you think of it? Anyway, you asked for opinions on the exercising Ė you are burning calories and doing more minutes than normal, but it doesnít seem to me like doing several sessions a day of like 10 or 15 minutes would improve endurance, which is one thing I like to work on. I am up to almost an hour on the elliptical machine and I am sure that doing 55 or 60 consecutive minutes is better as a cardiovascular exercise and for endurance and building muscle tone. I think Iíd rather do a 60 minute chunk than 6 10-minute sessions a day.
Have a great day all!

Girlie
05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I just go back from lunch and thought I'd post since i'm not super busy today. I went home and broiled a lean steak and made stir-fried Chinese cabbage. It was quick and yummy and protein-filled. I'm going to broil lamb-burgers tonite for dinner and peas. Interesting.

MojoJodie
05-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I would like to get some sort of equipment for here at the house. I wonder about Bowflex (so expensive!) or an exercise bike, or an elliptical. What is everyone's opinion on a good piece to have at home?

More good news, all that water finally went away. I feel like a new person today. I think I just wasn't getting enough fluids. I have a tendency to NEVER feel thirsty, and I can get pretty dry, but I never realized how much this affects your body until now when I exercise and don't eat all the time! Not to mention that it will constipate you, which makes you feel like a blimp! I guzzled fluids yesterday, and I just feel fabulous today! :D

My planned dinner tonight is grilled pizzas. It is a wonderful thing, grilled pizza. I use my bread machine to make the dough, and let my kids do their own topping (so they actually eat!) and I can control the amount of fat and calories on mine. It's our favorite...I highly recommend it! Breakfast was cracklin oat bran and iced tea. Lunch will be PB and J and skim milk and a banana. No snacking! I will not snack!

Later I will spend my 30 minutes with the bellytwins. :p

Have a great day!

Girlie
05-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Hello!

I will share what I ate today - a Slim Fast granola bar for breakfast (they are actually good, I don't like the "meal bars". Anyway, they are all 220 calories and I drink something with them. Around 10a I had a banana, for lunch I had a lamb-burger patty left over from dinner last night and some tater tots (not the healthiest choice, but all I had!). I am having a Quaker granola bar for afternoon snack as we speak and I took out boneless skinless chicken breasts when I was home on lunch to bake tonite and have carrots with them.

I'm going to get dinner ready for my husband and then go to the gym for a good workout and then I'll have dinner when I'm done. I have found that I don't like to eat a meal less than two hours before the gym...there's nothing worse than being in the middle of my elliptical workout and getting a little indigestion from all the moving around.

Jodie:
If I could get anything, I'd get something similar to an elliptical machine. I wish I could afford a gym-quality elliptical! Yeah, just a few thousand bucks there! The closest thing I've seen is the Tony Little gazelle www.tonylittle.com, but I think you can find something similar that is cheaper. The reason why is that I would get bored with a treadmill (I'm not a big walker) and the bike is just so...stationery...to me.

I think one reason why some people don't use a machine for very long is not because they physically can't do it, it's because they get bored of the repetitive motion. With an elliptical, I can change the position of my arms, glide faster, glide slower, glide with my heels or switch to gliding with the balls of my feet, stand up straight, lean forward, etc...all of these changes what muscles you are working on slightly so the workout is very varied.

Hope that helps! I hope everyone is surviving the week...it's almost hump day...

Girlie

wcolleen
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Mojo - you might want to check out a place like "Play It Again Sports" for a piece of exercise equipment. I recently look my Gazelle in to them (which I had bought for close to $300, when you factor in shipping, etc.), and they are selling it for about $120 - and it is in great condition. Just a thought - especially if you're wanting to save some money. They check the equipment for quality when you take your used stuff to them, so I would definetely recommend them.

gillian14
05-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Yep, I am still struggling with the nutrition. I am going to try really hard to stay on track now, no more slacking off! I'm going to make sure to pack a lunch tonight and make a healthy breakfast for tomorrow tonight so that I don't grab something unhealthy because I usually am running very late. Bye ladies!

MojoJodie
05-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Okay, thanks for the ideas about exercise equipment ladies! I appreciate it, and will keep it all in mind as my birthday nears and I have to make a decision!

Yesterday went great for me, no snacking and I exercised. I met my goals. :) Today is more of the same, same cereal for breakfast (but today I had a cut up banana in it...I'm such a wild woman! :dizzy: ), lunch will be leftover curry from Monday night. Dinner will be quesadillas, I think. If not, whatever I can scrounge up...It's going to be chef's night off tonight.

Hope everyone has a great and healthy day!

Girlie
05-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Good Morning movers and shakers LOL...

It's been a great morning for me so far. I was called for two interviews at different companies and that is exciting. I haven't seen this much prospective job action in quite a while! So, I'll give them a call when I go home for lunch.

Last night, I didn't go to the gym (I spent the time sending out resumes!), but I did cook a great meal. I made Chinese roasted chicken using boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the oven. It was awesome! I sauteed some fresh zucchini and made stir-fried Chinese cabbage and steamed some rice. It was a great meal.

Super Wal-Mart has boneless, skinless breasts at a great price - the bags have about 7-8 frozen breasts in them and they are priced at less than $7. They thawed so quickly and were so tender when I baked them last night.

I'm so stoked about these companies calling me back that I can't think straight today! It's gonna be a long next hour until I get to go home and talk to them. I've been writing down notes and things to make a good phone impression. These are jobs that I really would want and didn't figure they'd call me!

If all goes well, I'll be at the gym tonite for a long workout. I'm even skipping a movie with my husband and his mother...they are doing a late dinner and movie thing for Mother's day, and I might even skip going out to eat. I tend to make bad choices when we go out!

I just feel really good about myself today, confident...it's not often that I feel this way so I'm going to enjoy it. I hope all of you are having a good day as well.

Jodie- I think I'll get some crackin' oat bran. I love the stuff! I tend to avoid it because it's pricey and for a cereal, it's high in fat/sugar...but it's healthy oat bran, it's fiber, it's filling and it's just darn good. The serving size is adequate enough to keep you satisfied throughout the morning, especially with a banana. I had a wheat bagel for breakfast, and to be honest, it wasing filling at all. I should have put chicken breast in it as a sandwich. That's the problem with breads for breakfast...they don't seem to keep me satisfied.

MojoJodie
05-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Girlie, congrats on the contacts and I'm so glad you feel so perky today! Doesn't it feel wonderful to feel good about yourself? It is worth all the money in the world to just be able to say "Hey, I'm cool!" :flow1:

I know the COB (just abbreviating because it's such a darn long name for a cereal!) is high in fat and sugar, but to me it is like jet fuel, it gives me tons of energy and it keeps me plenty full 'til lunchtime. I'm willing to get the calories and fat, because I know I won't snack if I eat it. Besides, it tastes like oatmeal cookies, and hey, oatmeal cookies are nifty. :D

scorchin
05-13-2004, 04:39 PM
I Love COB yummy......
GIRLIE U GO GIRL WITH UR BAD UHhuhuhhuhuh......
I had a great doc app today no rejection just meds were to high yipppppppppeeeeesssss
I need to go exercise right now so I'm off.....
LADIES KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.........

hereznay
05-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Haven't checked in the last few days but I did get all my workouts in for the week!! :cb: Yee Haawwww... :lol: Tomorrow is rest day so I'll check back in on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

--------

Renee :)

2004 goals
Reduce body fat, Build muscle, & Lower resting heart rate.

My Weight Loss Journal (http://www.youdonatereneelosesweight.com/) | Training Journal (http://www.youdonatereneelosesweight.com/archives/cat_slim_in_6.php) | Food Reviews (http://www.youdonatereneelosesweight.com/nutrisystem/index.php)

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald. E. Osborn

scorchin
05-16-2004, 04:35 PM
I started doing my slim in 6 today instead of monday coz saturdays are always so busy for me so i want that to be my day off so i can keep it more....
but the first day wasn't bad at all i sweated but wasn't to difficult..... :lol:
heather :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

gillian14
05-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I went to Toronto for the day. This morning I weighed in at the lowest weight I've seen in awhile, 136. I don't know if it was because I didn't drink much water yesterday, but either way it is motivating to me! I tried to run on my treadmill, but it's acting up so I only got in a 15 minute run/walk. I figure it's better than nothing though, right? Mmm I can't wait for my supper tonight, we have this homemade chicken soup that I'm going to heat up and I'm not sure what else I will have it with, but it is so good!

Gill

Girlie
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Guess what Iím munching on for breakfast? Yep, you guessed itÖCrackliní Oat Bran! Oh my, I love this stuff! I canít stop eating itÖI munched on some last night before bed while I was reading (The Pilotís WifeÖI couldnít put it down!) and now today. If anything, the fiber is very good. My cat even likes it. He kept sniffing at it so I broke up an ďOĒ and he munched. I only let him have one though.
I went to the gym twice yesterday. I did my regular 65 minute workout and had dinner, then we went to Baskin-Robbins and I got a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt with caramel on top, but she freaking drowned it in caramel and I had to scrape it all out. I felt a little full and guilty so I went to the gym again since I had some time before I had to get to bed. I just did a 35 minute workout and lots of crunches and leg lifts. I must have done something right this week as much as I ate outÖI weighed in at 224.0 yesterday. Thatís about 4 pounds gone this week I am totally psyched. It wonít always be this way, but it was nice for one week. Is 220 by Memorial Day asking too much?
I hope all of you had a great weekend.

MojoJodie
05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Woohoo, that's great to hear, Girlie! Things are sounding wonderful for you! I have also had my morning dose of COB....I also snack on it and my little poodle adores it, so your cat has good company. :)

I think I lost about 1/2 to one pound last week...I am not sure as I don't have a digital scale. I think this might be something to invest in before too long. I have done well this past week, allowing myself a few treats, but still staying within my boundaries. I really need to focus on portion sizes though, I can get a little lax there and it is slowing down the weight loss a bit. Not that I want to lose too fast, but I have only lost maybe 2 lbs. in the past month or so. :o That's just a little too slow for me! But, I am not down, and I am feeling pretty darn cute anyway. All my clothes fit loosely and I feel great.

Lunch today was a pork sandwich and some whole weat crackers, dinner will be steak, sweet potato and corn bread....and I gotta keep the portions small! Ugh!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

P.S. Did anyone see Wynona on Oprah last week? She is trying to lose weight and she talks so candidly about how and why she got heavy and her feelings about her weight and her life. It is very surprising, but also helpful to hear someone else's story like that...someone who is rich and has a great family and who I consider pretty, it is easy to assume she is self-confident and pleased with how her life has turned out. But, she feels exactly the same way about the size of her butt as I do about mine. She feels weak and powerless in the face of food, just like I do, and it motivated me all over again to never give up on this goal I have set for myself. We are all in the same boat!

scorchin
05-19-2004, 01:36 AM
GREAT JOBS GIRLIE AND MOJO!!!
No, I didn't see Wynona on there last week but i knew she was coming on.
Well I started the slim in 6 ramp it up video its harder than the first dvd and twice as long but i did it and the slim and 6pack dvd I like this one its 12 mins but u work ur abs they were lil sore this morning from doing it last night so i figured its working hehe.....
take care all,

MojoJodie
05-19-2004, 11:03 AM
The coolest thing about eating in the healthy style is all the aisles I get to skip in the store! The chip and cookie aisle I just motor by, the frozen entree aisle I scoff at! The ice cream aisle...I just pop in for popsicles for the kids! I spend all that saved time in the produce section buying food that will actually improve the health of my family...I am so glad I finally "get it"! ;)

I've been doing more outside...mowing and walking for exercise, and less of the bellytwins. Maybe today I'll visit them. Had my COB this morning with sliced banana. Lunch will be soup prolly...Campbells Select has a soup called Italian Wedding Soup and it has pasta, spinach and tiny meatballs in a chicken broth....OY! It is so good! I have to hide a can from the DH or he will eat it all before anyone else gets a chance! Dinner is going to be grilled pizzas again...have to have that at least twice a week or my DD gets upset. :)
Have a great day!

MojoJodie
05-20-2004, 12:24 PM
No one is posting, and I'm worried everyone is off misbehaving! :^:

I am still plugging away, same old same old. COB for breakfast, an early lunch of chicken noodle soup and some crackers. Dinner will be beans and hamhock. I love beans. :dizzy:

I've been full of energy and busy as a bee. Today I have been cleaning carpets and working up a sweat, I go for walks in the evenings, and it feels great. Yesterday I pulled out an pair of jeans I gave up on a long time ago because they were always too tight in the waist and legs...now they are baggy! That thrilled me to pieces.

Okay, enough about me, I hope everyone has a great day!

scorchin
05-21-2004, 12:00 AM
i want some energy my iron is way low right now so im feelin awful and tired..... I"m still here lol

Girlie
05-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey there!!!! Don't worry, I'm here and I've been GREAT this week. I have taken a couple of afternoons off and neglect to post!

No major snacking...I have had dry COB in the mornings (thank you Jodie!!!) and I munch on that while I work between 9a-10a and then around 11 I have a banana and I have been chugging flavored water and last night I found Lipton has their BRISK iced tea in 12-packs of DIET!!! Whoo, 5 calories per can. I chug these like there's no tomorrow, but it's the next best thing to water.

The COB has really kept me regular..I know, TMI, but when you try to eat healthy, sometimes for me at least, the lack of grease and fats gives me some trouble. I know I don't eat enough veggies so I need the fiber.

Anway, Jodie, that's GREAT about the pants! Mine are getting much looser. I bought two pairs of khaki's to wear in England during my honeymoon last November...and they were quite fitting there, but the highest size Old Navy has lol... :o ...but now they are loose and I can almost easily slide them off without unbuttoning them. But I'm not going to jump to buying clothes yet.

Heather, how is the slim in six going? What is the workout like?

I have been doing great with exercise and eating moderately...I'm so worried that I'm going to gain. It always seems to happen when I THINK I'm doing everything fine. My husband is forever telling me it's how you FEEL not what the SCALE SAYS...but we all know that the scale means more than what we think!!!

I have been cooking every night this week except last night we ordered a hawaiian pizza and wings from Pizza Hut. I managed to eat only one piece of pizza and six or so wings...not too bad for seeing as though there was a time when I could eat three slices of pizza and all 12 wings!

Everyone, have a great weekend! I'll post my results on Sunday or Monday!

MojoJodie
05-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Girlie- Isn't it great to be able to control how much you eat? Before, if food was put in front of me, I would eat it. Period. Any opportunity I had to eat and eat in mass quantities was acted upon. Not me anymore! I had my three meals yesterday, and last night we went to my DD school picnic. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips etc. All I had was a cookie! No hot dog, nothing! I felt so good about myself...I wasn't obsessed with the food, I didn't feel bad because I couldn't (no, wouldn't!) eat another meal there. It was all okay, I was just fine. I feel as if I have been in bondage to food for so many, many years, without the ability to not think about it or eat it...I feel free!

Everything is going great for me. I am going all the time, cleaning, playing outside with my dog or kids...my life is now active and busy and I don't have to lay in bed in the evenings because my back hurts so bad I can't stand to sit up! I am so happy!

I hope everyone has a great day!

scorchin
05-23-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm really liking the si6 videos. the start it up video which lasted for only two days was wasn't hard. it was just showing u the moves and stuff.. the ramp it up video is harder i have to take a break like 2 or 3mins to catch my breath after the resistence part but other than that is not bad. I have no clue how the burn it up video is going to be but i've read it very intense. the slim and 6pack i like a lot it have fun ab workouts. the slim& limber is very relaxing..
well i was just checking in think im going to go read...heather :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Angiexx
05-23-2004, 10:02 AM
:) Hi there iam new so saying hello, hows everyone doing ?
iam a big girl of 308 pounds now was more have lost since jan 29 pounds, so doing slowly havent last for 3 weeks now but my body fat is down 7%in them 3 weeks, dont know if that a good result or not, i go to a gym 5-6 times a week and i like it, hope you can all keep me motavated and i will also try
:dizzy: thanks Angie

MojoJodie
05-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Welcome Angie! We'd love to have you, and if I can help you out in any way, just drop me a PM!

I made my mini goal to get down to 240 by the end of the month, and I made it with plenty of time to go! This makes a whopping 20 pounds I have lost, and I feel great! I feel firmer all over, and have much less booty following me around...I feel so energized to go for the next 20! I believe my next goal will be to lose 10 more pounds in the 12 weeks between now and when I start at the local University in August. I can do it!

We had bad storms here all night, and I was awake for most of it and today I can barely keep my eyes open! I chewed my COB w/banana on autopilot! :dizzy: Lunch will be whatever looks good...maybe a pb and j, maybe soup. Dinner will be curried chicken and rice. No snacking! Lots of tea! Another walk this evening unless I may get struck by lightning like last night! Eeek! Had to cut it short!

I hope everyone else is feeling great about themselves and has a great day!

Angiexx
05-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi thanks for message, you are doing well so what diet or healthy plan are you following, iam doing slimming world which is red and green days ie meat or veg, i tend to stick to green, have lost since xmas 28 pounds it slowed down now, i go to gym so iam fitter i just need to keep going, has anyone heard of this gi diet glyco index or something was wondering if anyone has tried it and if its anygood i could do with a change :p any how hope your all doing ok
Angie xx

MojoJodie
05-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi Angie. Congrats on that 28 lb. loss! You should be very proud of yourself! I have never heard of your weight loss plan. I am on what I like to call my "it works for me" plan. :) I eat more healthy foods like tons of veggies, fruit, and fiber. I eat three healthy meals a day, I do not snack anymore unless I truly am hungry then I snack on healthy food (focusing on protien). There are no chips, or any other kind of junk food in my house anymore. I exercise moderately, take walks, some bellydancing, and outdoor chores now that the weather is nice. I am focusing on losing slowly and not making myself crazy and it is working. Making myself crazy leads to eating an entire cake. :o

Okay, now for my check-in. B was the ususal. Lunch will be a pb and j and watermelon. Dinner will be pork chops, sweet potato, and corn bread. I also have discovered that a dried apricot or two a day keeps the pipes working better. :dizzy: So, I usually have those after dinner. TMI, I know.

Girlie
05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Hello all, sorry it's billing week at work and I get so busy!

I fell off the wagon for these first two days of the week. I just kept wanting to snack! Today was better but not good. I have been unprepared grocery wise (out of cracklin oat bran!) and I went to Hardees this morning on the way to work and just got hash rounds. That kept me tided until lunch. I had a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds with their light balsamic vinaigrette, which is actually quite good. I had a few Snackwell's cookies and that brings me here.

I'm happy cuz McDonalds has the new apple dippers for $1...apple slices and a small packet of low fat (1g) caramel dipping sauce. Hey, much healthier than anything else!

I still went to the gym last night and had a good 60 minute cardio workout. Not sure if I will go tonite. I have to do some baking for my husband (he's going to Georgia for the next few days and I need to give him some corn dodgers for this military reinactment thing) and I need to go grocery shopping and do some cleaning. I do not want to go to the gym late...last night I was out of there at midnight and so I'm really tired right now. I think I will take tonite off and get a good night of rest so I can have a good workout Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Husband will be gone from Thurs until Monday and I have the whole house to myself...and the cats! I want to do cleaning and organizing this weekend while the Man is gone!

My favorite jeans and favorite khakis are getting so loose. When I lose another 10 pounds, I'm afraid...I'll have to get something new perhaps?

Talk to you soon! Going to get some more COB!

MojoJodie
05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Girlie, I have those days when I just have the munchies too. I swear it's hormonal...there are some times of the month when I just have to snack!

Today, breakfast, COB and banana. Gotta have it, or the earth will spin off it's axis. :dizzy: Lunch will be soup and honeydew melon. Dinner will be fish sandwich and low fat chips. And, as always, lots of tea and no snacking (if I can help it, that is!). Might go for a walk or bike ride this evening. Last night was a bike ride.

Have a great day!

Girlie
05-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Hello, just wanted to post a quick update.

Unfortunately, I don't think this week will be a great weigh-in. I weighed last night and it's scary! LOL!

I think I just have those weeks sometimes! But I'm not giving up. I had agreat workout last night. Tonite is a softball game and I don't know if I'll go to the gym, but I'll get a few calories burned when I clean the house tonite. A friend from college is coming by tomorrow, but I will still make it to the gym each day this weekend. The gym is open on Memorial day too, so that's cool.

I had a minor success though...I was just at the vending machine ready to buy a candy bar...I really wanted something sweet...but I remember the Apple Dippers from McDonalds that I left in the fridge here at work, and I forced myself to eat it instead and I feel fine. YAY! The apple dippers are cool...sliced peeled apples and they give you a small packet of low fat caramel dip. Yum!

I had COB for breakfast (dry) and I went to my dad's on lunch and he made me a great salad and flounder!

Have a great weekend folks...See you, most likely, on Tuesday, although I might post Sunday about my weigh-in results.

Girlie

Angiexx
05-29-2004, 12:53 PM
:smug: Hi all hope every one is well and losing, i am happy to report i lost 31 pounds now iam well chuffed i cant belive i have been so motavated for so long iam in the habbit now which makes it easier, had a lovely morning at gym did an hour cardi then went in steam room then sauna lovely, so hows every one eles doing ?

Girlie
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
I had a horrible weekend eating wise.

I just don't know what's going on but it's got to stop. I feel sluggish and nasty from the terrible eating. I have to drink tons of water this week and eat salads every day to flush out my system and get rid of this bloated feeling. I don't feel light and airy like I was just a week ago. All of that nasty sludge I've been eating!!!

At my softball game on Friday, I had a mean smack of the ball to my calve...nasty bruise there and to my wrist. Because of that, I was limping around for a while and I'm feeling better though my leg is still swollen and bruised. I had to skip the gym yesterday and today (Sunday) so I didn't check my weight and I really don't want to. I've been eating so terribly, as I haven't in so long.

I feel so disgusting!

Tomorrow is a new day...back to the routine. I hope to make it to the gym as well...but I think I will be to scared to weigh. I feel five pounds heavier! I'm going to buy stuff for salads tomorrow and lighten the calorie consumption for a few days. I have got to get rid of this feeling!

I must, as you say, Angie - get back in the habit!

Girlie

Angiexx
05-31-2004, 07:22 AM
:) Hi all , dont worry girlie just get back on it keep going we all have bad days or weeks its a hard thing we are doing trying to undo all bad habbits we have picked up however long we have been born lol, i had a day off yeterday went to cinema saw day after tomorow thats was good then went to a chinese were you can eat all you want i was good i dint have seconds but i did so enjoy it and i am back to my routine today worked hard in gym this morning and cut the lawn, i did notice i felt thiner in the cinema seats which made me feel good iam usually squashed in but there was a little room to move :p hope everyones ok :dizzy:

Girlie
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
I had a great weekend although I ate everything I saw! Yesterday I woke up and got back to the old Girlie, eating healthier foods and watching my portions. This weekend, it seemed like I was just going crazy eating whatever and whenever. The scale didn't look good...it was 3 pounds higher but I'm just going to forget all of that and eat tons of salad this week and drink lots of water and hopefully I'll be back around 223 this weekend!

It was so crazy though because I would just shrug my shoulders and eat the most terrible foods. But I'm back on track!

Hope all of you are well!

Girlie

MojoJodie
06-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi all! Had a bit of a crazy weekend..and it was a long one as we all know! I'm not going to say I went crazy, I didn't, but I allowed myself a few more treats than I feel was necessary. I think I lost about a pound to two pounds last week...it's fluctuating so I can't really be sure.

I have been taking walks and just plain doing more in my daily routine, which is good. But, I gave blood on Saturday and now (off and on) I feel weak, tired and sort of shaky. Which is unusual for me because usually when I give blood I am just fine. I guess it's the added exercise and fewer calories that are making me feel the impact of a pint of blood gone. It's crappy.

I am happy to have the weekend over (weird schedules, no reliable healthy food...I hated it!) and the shopping done and be stocked up on fruit, veggies and of course, COB. I had my pb and j for lunch and dinner will be my fave...curry. So, I am now wrapping myself up in comfy, healthy food that satisfy me like pringles used to. Life is good. :)

Have a great day!

Angiexx
06-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi all hope your all doing well i have had the week off so havent been good :( been to gym but kept treating myself as i was on holiday lol had chinese and some wine had a kebab so this week i have stayed the same which is good at least i didnt put on :p , but its back to work monday and back to my routine i have been goo tho couse before i would have put loads of weight on and not gone to gym so i am getting better :smug: , So hows everyone eles been have you all had a good week? i hope so
Angie xx

MojoJodie
06-06-2004, 11:05 AM
I am doing great. I lost three more pounds, which only puts me within 7 pounds of my goal to have lost ten more by the middle of August. Cool! I hope everyone else is finding satisfaction in thier daily struggle with food!

I feel at this point that I have built momentum (just my visualization of it) and even when I do mess up, my momentum keeps the weight coming off. I also think that before I was eating so much fat and calories and now it is hard for me to maintain what I weighed before because I am eating so much healthier foods. I imagine I will stall sometime and I will have to pay more attention to exactly what I am eating. But, right now things are going so well for me. I am feeling in control and like I am walking the walk, not just talking the talk! My clothes are bagging on me and I am wearing an XL t-shirt now instead of an XXL. This means the DH's wardrobe is fair game now. :devil: He has lost 28 pounds (5 more than me) since I changed the way we all eat around here, and his pants just won't stay up! (no pun intended!) Luckily he has been all over weight-wise, so he has smaller pants to wear. :) But, considering he works at a very physical job, and men are supposed to lose weight much more quickly than women, I consider only a five lb. difference to be quite an accomplishment on my part. :D Life is good.

Thanks for letting me ramble on everyone! It feels good to be able to express what I am thinking to you all who know how it is. I don't talk about my weight loss to any of my family members but the DH. I try to keep it to myself, because it is my struggle (and drama) and no one else's, and I don't need the approval of my family to help me do something that is so good and right. Also, it's not a diet but a lifestyle change and I chose to treat it differently than any other "diet" I have gone on. Okay, once again I am rambling, so I better go before I wear all your poor little eyeballs out! :dizzy:

Have a great week ahead everyone!

Angiexx
06-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Hi All
hope everyones well, iam glad to report a 2pound loss yippee :lol: , making 34 in total i cant belive i am being so good, feeling sad this week my son has left home hes moved in to share with 2 other lads, he is 23 so it was bound to happen at some point its just so sad, iam now living alone for the first time in my life i am copeing, well i was in week seems a bit harder now its the weekend and iam all alone :( , just have to concentrate on me now

MojoJodie
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Angie, now is your time girl! Don't be sad about your son...be proud that you raised him to be independent! I say congratulate yourself on doing the hardest thing known to mankind...raising a child! Do something for yourself and be proud of yourself for all you are accomplishing!

I have been doing well. I do my "power walks" aka run/walks three times a week working towards actually running. I eat exactly as I always have since beginning my new lifestyle. I am not sure if I've lost any more weight because I am (to put it bluntly) constipated! I have never had this problem before in my life, but now that I eat no junk, I am having all sorts of trouble! I eat fruit like it is going out of style, but it doesn't seem to help me with this problem. I finally bought some colace and took it last night...does anyone have any advice to give me on this? I know it's an unpleasant subject, but I could use some wisdom at this point! I don't like the idea of taking pills indefinitely for this.

I am beginning to really see changes in my shape now, and I feel great. It's funny, but "weight-loss" is a strange thing. I get smaller, but the scale stays the same, and then it suddenly drops off a few more pounds. It's all so fluid and really kind of wondrous the way the body works. I was watching TV last weekend and my glasses felt funny, I kept taking them off thinking something was wrong, they felt weird! Then it finally hit me...my face is thinner and my glasses are fitting loser! Life is good!

Have a great day!

mette
06-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Girlie, MojoJodie, AngieXX – and everybody!

I hope this thread is still alive – it looks like a good place for me to be. Sharing daily exercising routines sounds like a really good idea.
I'm fairly new at 3FC, and I’m having problems keeping to my exercising plans and goals. It would be very helpful to have somewhere I reported in… And you all seem like nice people! :-D

I have lost weight slowly, and my eating is not really a very big problem, probably because I still eat enough calories. I mostly keep my calorie intake to 1500 kcal a day (or 10.500 a week), and that is working for me.

But I haven’t been able to follow my exercise plans. I want to do a little everyday, and expand from there.
Jogging two mornings a week, doing weights three days a week, and hiking/yoga/bicycling/etc for the last two days (Saturday and Sunday).

mette
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM
And I forgot: MojoJodie, about your little problem Ė itís something Iíve had some experience with too. What usually works for me is eating prunes; I like the taste of them and just eat them right out of the box (like I do with raisins). It usually fixes everything.
One other thing that I have used is putting linseed/flaxseed in yogurt, and eating Ė itís very effective. I always put linseed/flaxseed in the dough when Iím making bread, it regulates everything.
And if neither of these alternatives sounds good, thereís always licorice! Mmmm licorice! :-)

And always drinking a lot of water!

MojoJodie
06-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Mette, licorice, you say? Never heard of that one, but I will definitely keep it in mind! I have been chowing on dried apricots and finally I am okay. I am afraid Splenda is what is causing this problem for me. It seems that it cropped up when I gave up sugar and took to using Splenda instead. Bummer because I actually like the taste of it.

I don't know what to tell you about getting motivated to exercise. it's just something you have to figure out...maybe try to find something you actually enjoy doing? I've got to go down and ride the bike pretty soon and I am not really looking forward to it, but I'll do it because if I don't I'll feel like a lazy slug. :)

My diet is going well. I have a no eating unless I am hungry policy and it is getting harder to stick to it because it seems I am needing less to eat...I am no hungry as often as I used to be. So now I find myself snacking (on healthy food, of course) when I am not actually hungry, but when I would have been hungry a month ago. Strange, but now I will have to adjust and pay more attention to what my stomach is telling me and not my inner clock.

BTW, welcome to our little thread Mette!

Have a great day!

mette
06-18-2004, 03:40 AM
Thank you for the welcome MojoJodie! Good to hear your eating is going well. And I think you’re right about motivation – it’s about finding something you like enough to stick with it. But sometimes – as it is for me – it’s also about sticking with something long enough to find out if I really like it or not, you know?

So far, I’m right on plan for my exercise this week, and it feels really good. I did weights Monday and Wednesday - I have a 35 min program (with dumbbells) both upper and lower body. Tuesday and Thursday I jogged in the morning, and it helped that the weather has been nice and there’s sun in the park at 6:30 am – and not rain. It’s a bit harder to get up in the morning when it’s raining….
It’s Friday today, and I’ll be doing weights again today.

As for Saturday and Sunday: I’m going to a weekend course in Pilates for new beginners – and I’m really excited because I have heard so many positive things about how good pilates is. Have any of you tried it?

A great day to all of you too!

MojoJodie
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Pilates is a very intense workout. I have a DVD of Pilates "on the ball" using an exercise ball, and it kicks my rear every time I do it. Good luck!

I have good news and bad. The good is that I have now lost 25 pounds. The bad news is that I have a very painful, infected wisdom tooth that has to be pulled on Wed. I have been in awful pain since Thursday, Friday I started an antibiotic and pain pill...and basically have slept since then. My diet is now anything I don't have to chew which mostly is eggs, cottage cheese and pudding.

Okay, that's my update. I hope everyone else is doing better and feeling better than me!

Girlie
06-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Hello all, Yes, it has been a while! Shame on me!

When DH left for Europe, I "forgot" about everything! Including the gym.

It is so hard to get back to the gym and get back on track...but it feels so good when you're in the groove of things. I'm going to try to remember that as I transition my lifestyle this week.

I'm happy to see all of you still here, still fighting the fight!

Talk to you soon!

Girlie

mette
06-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh, MojoJodie, Iím sorry about your tooth! Hope the pain isnít too bad. Wish you the best of luck on Wednesday!
But big congratulations on the 25 pounds down!!! Öand with nearly no eating due to the excruciating tooth-pain, maybe a few more Ė ehh? :-)

My Pilates-class this weekend was excellent! I really, really liked it. Iím left with a lot of sore muscles today, especially in my upper back, so it must have been effective too. Iím going to sign up for a longer course in September; this course was more of an introduction I think.
And we didnít use a ball on this course; it was just mat-work (as they called it).

But this actually means that for the first week that I can remember I reached the goals I set last week: I did a little exercise every single day! Iím really happy about that. And also: I lost a pound! :-)

And good luck to you too, Girlie Ė and getting back on track again.

Hope you all have a nice day.

mette
06-22-2004, 03:39 AM
And, see – I was so happy about completing my plan last week that I completely forgot to talk about my plan for this week!
The plan for this week is basically the same as for last week:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: weights
Tuesday/Thursday: jogging
Saturday: hiking
Sunday: Pilates

So far – it being Tuesday – I did my weights yesterday. And I did my jogging this morning.
No big changes this week, I just want to see if I can keep this up for a couple of weeks. Maybe I can start changing things a bit after 3 or 4 weeks?

Katey78
06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi,
I've new to 3FC, but am finding it a big motivation/inspiration. I was sat here reading this thread on Saturday, and next thing I knew I was at the gym on the rowing machine lol. And I was *definitely* going to have Saturday off too!!

I've just joined a gym, and am loving going for a swim/cardio after work but am worried because I know often you put on weight when first starting to work out, which I know will really demoralise me. I like to think 'this is the lightest I've been for years'.

Oh well, I'll have to deal with that hurdle when it comes along. I'm trying to tell myself if I stick to my eating plan, and work out, then by Christmas there will be a whole new me.

I just hope its true!

MojoJodie
06-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm glad everyone is doing so well! It's very encouraging to read our progress, because right now I feel like a slug. I haven't done any exercise and barely moved since last Thursday and I feel horrible about it. I miss my Cracklin' Oat Bran and good-for-me foods! I honestly feel terrible. Tomorrow the tooth comes out, hopefully Thursday evening I will be able to go for a walk or bike ride....

Okay, this was just a postcard from the edge, I'll pull it all back together when I am not on a narcotic pain killer and I can chew, I swear. :mad:

michelle95
06-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Hope you guys don't mind if I join you all. I lost my total of 60 pounds by last year at this time...and, have managed to keep it off. Well, I've bounced back to 175 but quickly got back down to 165. It's easier to get off 10 pounds than 60. Now, I'm back at it trying to reach my final goal.

Any Taebo junkies? Love it, love it, love it. I really want to get a bag so I can do contact.

I'm also thinking about Pilates though. I've heard so many good things about it but I just haven't bought it yet.

Mojo, take care with that tooth. Those wisdom teeth are buggers. :^:

mette
06-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi Katey, MojoJodie and Michelle.

Katey – it’s nice to find inspiration and motivation here – I know I do too! And if you’re mostly doing swimming and cardio – it’s not a given that you’ll be putting on weight. I think that’s mostly from weight training and muscle-building exercises. But it must feel good to move your body when you’re lost a lot of weight – I know it does for me.

MojoJodie – it’s Wednesday. Best of luck with your tooth today!

Michelle – congratulations on the 60 pounds loss – and for maintaining it! I haven’t tried Taebo – it’s about a lot of kicking and punching, isn’t it? A bit like kickboxing? Do you exercise at home or at a gym? I’m so bad at keeping my motivation for exercising for a long time, so I’m always looking for new things to try. I’ll look in to this too.

I’m on my plan for the week, and as I’ve said before: I’m looking to keep everything simple enough so that I keep doing it. I believe in building habits, so if I can build this habit of exercising everyday first – I can change the “what”, “how”, “where” and “how much” as I go along.
But I have a minigoal for my weight-training and that’s being able to do proper push-ups (not on the knees as I do now). I don’t want any of my 10X3 push-ups to be “knee-push-ups” – and all though I’m not getting there this week, maybe I can get in one more “real one” every time? :-)

Have a great day – all of you!

MojoJodie
06-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks for thinking of me Mette and Michelle. I'm doing great, in no pain. I have also dropped two more pounds because I have been eating less than a bird for about 6 days now. That is the silver lining. :)

It feels good to be up and about and not in a fog of painkillers. I feel alove again! Just doing laundry and carrying it up the stairs makes me smile.

Well, that's my update. Not much to say, huh.

Have a great day and WELCOME to the thread Mette and Michelle!

mette
06-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Good to hear you're doing great MojoJodie - 'no pain' is always a good thing!

It's Friday, and I'm still on plan for the week.
Yesterday morning when the alarm went off, I had planned to go out jogging but had stayed up really late the night before. And it was raining. And I just wanted to turn off the alarm, turn around, and sleep for another 30 minutes.
One of the reasons for dragging myself out of bed was that I thought of posting here - and how great wouldn't it be if I achieved my goals two weeks in a row???
So this place really does motivate me to get up and go jogging in the morning! :D

MojoJodie
06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Way to go Mette! It feels so good to just grunt and get it done, doesn't it! I am glad we can help you stay motivated. I'm going for a walk tonight (forst exercise in a week!) and I cannot wait! The weather here is downright chilly and it is going to feel wonderful!

Keep up the good work!

mette
06-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Thanks MojoJodie! And yes, you really do help to keep me motivated! :D

Did you have a nice walk yesterday? Iím going hiking today Ė itís the perfect weather for it too: itís cloudy with no rain. I like in an area with great hiking possibilities, and Iím just starting to really like it. I used to think walking was boring, and wanted more action or something - but Iím getting better at enjoying it. It helps that Iím getting in better shape too; itís not so heavy/tiring/exhausting to walk uphill and downhill anymore.

Have a great weekend everybody! I donít really have any plans Ė I just want to relax, do some reading, and maybe see a movie. Nice slow weekends are the best...

Angiexx
06-27-2004, 09:49 AM
hi every one, and welcome to the new ones, iam back, when my son left he took his pc and mine was broke so i have been with out a pc, you will be glad to know i havent fallen off my diet i could have so easy, i was so sad crying all time but i have now adjusted and its ok, well i have now lost 38 pounds 2 stone 10 lost 3 this week and 1 last week iam feeling good, people are starting to notice which makes you feel great, i am still at gym been loads started doing the rower now as well in my cardo session started with 50 rows now i can do 150 leaves me tired so must be doing good, i know it dosnt sound a lot but theres a lot of me to row ha ha i also did 10 min on cross trainer 15 tred mill, 20 min on bike, then i went in to the gym did a few weight i was sweating buckets i came out feeling very good, so hows every one eles doing ?? hope diets are going well keep it up xx

mette
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Angie and everybody!
Thanks for the welcome Ė it might look as if Iíve taken over the whole thread, but I didnít mean to! :p Itís just that itís been really helpful for me to post here Ė I now have 2 whole weeks where Iíve achieved my exercise goals: Iíve exercised a little every day. And you guys have helped with the motivation! So: thanks! :D

But good that youíre back Angie! And also good to hear that youíre on the diet: you have really lost a lot of weight! Congratulations!
And: great workouts! Youíre really doing well.

I exercised every day last week. And for this week the plan is basically the same:
Weights on Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Jogging on Tuesday/Thursday Ė possible Sunday
Pilates or Yoga on Saturday Ė or possible hiking

Two good things today: I have increased the weight on my dumbbells Ė so: yes, Iím getting stronger! And Iíve lost another pound this week!

Hope everybody else is doing well too.

Angiexx
06-28-2004, 04:48 PM
hi wow
well you keep busy dont you, you know you should rest a bit so your body can regain energy, i go to gym 5-6 times a week, an hour at 6-30am till 7-30 before work, and at least an hour an half sat and sundays, thanks for compliment, i have so much to lose that 38 pounds is a drop in the ocean people can see a bit but when i have lost another couple of stone it will be better, i started at 336pounds hey just realised iam under 300 pounds now 298lol i want to be 140 so only 158 to go lolol, my next goal is to get under 20 stone, 24 pounds and iam there. everybody keep up good work xx
and thanks

mette
06-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Hi Angie! Going to the gym for 1 hour 5-6 days a week sounds like a lot of exercise. Good work! Do you mostly lift weights or mostly do cardio? Or do you alternate between - and have different workouts for different days of the week?

I try to exercise a bit everyday - it's only for 30-35 minutes each day, so it's not as if it's excessive or anything. This is my third week on the plan - and I've actually seen some improvements. I can lift heavier dumbbells and jog longer distances. (Yey!)
As far as my week is going: I did weights on Monday, jogged yesterday - and am doing weights again today.
It amazes me - when I think about it - that this isn't harder. I have never been able to keep up workout plans, but this time it's not very hard. There was this one morning when it was really hard to get up to exercise - but for the rest of the time: I'm really, really motivated!

And congratulations on getting below 300, Angie! :cheer:

Hope you all have a good day!

conway_1979
06-30-2004, 11:33 AM
I have found that if I get out of the house and around the neihborhood, be it jogging, walking, biking, etc. It is just as good as the gym, and only takes half the time. Exercise is the key in my recent success...

Angiexx
06-30-2004, 03:51 PM
thanks mette
thanks for that, yes i have a routiine every time i go in the week i do 40 mins of cardo, then i do about 4 diffrent weights, each day i change which ones so like concentrate on legs one day, then upper body, and at weekend i do 60 mins cardi and try to do all weights, i went down 7% body fat in 3 weeks when i first started, which was good, i like going but i go alone so it can be hard but i know i have to , anyhow keep up good work we will do it together, were do you live mette ? iam in the UK

Angie

mette
07-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Hi Conway and Angie - and everybody else. Where are you MojoJodie? Still having tooth-ache? (Hope not!) And Girlie? Did you all take early summer vacations??? :D

Conway - I agree that exercising outdoor is excellent exercise! I have a very nice park right next to where I live, and it's lovely to go jogging there in the summertime. Even if it's raining - like today.

Angie - you really have a good exercise-program, don't you? Have you done it for a long time? I'm still very much an amateur - I'm just getting started and I'm doing really simple stuff.
But I'm planning to join a gym later on - and get some help from an instructor to put together a program. I really want to lift weights - but I have this irrational fear of the room at the gym where all the weightlifters are. They look really scary and intimidating! :D
To loose body fat and gain muscles is what we all want to do - and you certainly are on the right track, Angie. And I get that it's sometimes hard to do it alone. I think about that when I think about joining a gym - that it would be really nice to have someone to go to the gym with. But hopefully we'll get to know some of the people there after a while?

Wish everybody a great day! (with lots of exercising....)

a broad abroad
07-01-2004, 05:38 AM
If you've been thinking about starting to lift weights but don't know where to begin, here are some animated examples to look at:
http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/exercise-menu.html
and for added inspiration they also have a web-cam in the gym:
http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/AllCams.html

Happy muscle-building :strong:

mette
07-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi a broad abroad (great name!), thanks for the link - it looks like a good overview of exercises. Do you lift weights too?
I'm still doing very simple exercises. I don't have a lot of equipment at home; I'm sort of planning on doing my workouts at a gym eventually. At home right now I basically just have dumbbells and a mat.
I have been using Krista's "all dumbbells! all the time!" workout at http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html. It's my favourite site for weightlifting so far.

Jack-150
07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
thanks mette
thanks for that, yes i have a routiine every time i go in the week i do 40 mins of cardo, then i do about 4 diffrent weights, each day i change which ones so like concentrate on legs one day, then upper body, and at weekend i do 60 mins cardi and try to do all weights, i went down 7% body fat in 3 weeks when i first started, which was good, i like going but i go alone so it can be hard but i know i have to , anyhow keep up good work we will do it together, were do you live mette ? iam in the UK

AngieAngie, That's just great! You're getting the job done and done correctly. I wish you nothing but success! I've been fairly inactive here recently getting ready for a long distance bike race. My brother and I are riding 100 miles very soon and I needed to build my endurance. We have been featuring some weightlifting workouts by Dave Draper on 3FC that you may find helpful. Are you mixing up your cardio workout? I find that if I alternate my focus daily it tends to keep the workouts fresh. I generally try to do 45 minutes of crosstrainer and then 45 of elliptical machine one day and then reverse it the next. I normally come back later in the day after replenishing for my weights. But what you are doing seems to be working, so don't change if it works for you. Eat plenty of protein, build lean muscle mass, drink your water, use proper form, go the distance!

MojoJodie
07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm back! Guess I forgot to mention I was going on vacation! I spent three days shopping, so I have had plenty of exercise. Unfortunately I am now "between sizes" so there was very little I could buy except tops and shoes...which is okay, shoe therapy for the lack of available jeans worked well. :D

Today, it's back onto the wagon for me. I will be honest and say that with everything going on over the past 2 weeks with me, I have been slack with my eating habits. I am home and feeling well again, and I must get back on that horse!

I'm so glad to hear of everyone's progress and success! Congratulations! :dance:

Hopefully I will be able to check in tomorrow with pride myself!

Have a great day!

mette
07-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Hi MojoJodie Ė good to have you back! You must notify us when you go away, you know! You canít just disappear without a wordÖ ;)
Three days shopping sounds great! And Ďlots of shoesí can be a good thing. Besides - youíre absolutely right; going shopping is actually hard work and good exercise if done properly.

Itís brilliant that you write here when things arenít going perfect. Iíve been thinking about that for my own sake too; I want this to be somewhere we can post when things arenít going so great. Thatís exactly what could help with the motivation to get back on track again.
Anyway MojoJodie, with everything that has happened Ė itís good that youíre feeling well again now.

I generally try to do 45 minutes of crosstrainer and then 45 of elliptical machine one day and then reverse it the next. I normally come back later in the day after replenishing for my weights.
And Jack Ė do you really go to the gym twice a day? Iím dead impressed!

Jack-150
07-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Most days yes, I write now for a living and when the words won't come or I'm stuck for an idea I like to go to clear my head. I write children's books mainly and the ladies at the gym tell me about their kids and what the kids like and sometimes ideas come from these conversations. Also I'm getting older and to keep my metabolism cooking I need to keep burning.

mette
07-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi everybody - it's Friday - the weekend is almost here. So far I'm on plan for the week, but I'm still not sure what kind of exercise I'll be doing during the weekend. It all depends on the weather I think.

Jack - I can see that it's a good thing to split up the cardio and the weights, and do cardio early in the day and then come back for the weights later. But I'm still very impressed at your motivation and discipline. :D
I'm sure it's nice to meet people at the gym when you're home writing all day - and to be working out while socializing: Bonus Features! It's one of my reasons for why I want to join a gym too - it's OK to work out alone for a while, but sooner or later I miss other people.

Have a nice day everybody!

MojoJodie
07-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi all! Had a good day yesterday, but a better day today so far....I had my beloved Cracklin Oat Bran for breakfast and I was in heaven! It has been about ten days since I have had any, and it really makes me feel like I am back in the saddle again. More good news is that I avoided gaining any weight during this trial by fire, I got the guts to finally weigh myself this morning and was so pleasantly surprised!

I predict a really good day for myself, and I hope everyone else has one too!

mette
07-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Just checking in at the start of the weekend to wish everybody superb weekends!

So - Cracklin Oat Bran, huh? ;)
Iím mostly sticking to my old-fashioned oatmeal in the mornings. But every now and then (more often the mornings Iíve been jogging) I do Lanaii1ís super-easy oatmeal pancake!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42517
They're really, really good!

And good news about the weight, MojoJodie! Hope your days this weekend are all good ones too!

Iím still undecided about my exercise this weekend. It might look like Iíll go for a long walk later today since the weather is very nice. And probably some Pilates or Yoga.
I have to see what I have time to do. But I definitely am going to exercise today and tomorrow! This is my third full week of exercising, and Iím really impressed with myself Ė I canít remember doing something like this before.
I want to thank you all for helping me to keep the motivation! :hat:
Have great weekends!

Angiexx
07-03-2004, 11:40 AM
thanks for that jack, so how did you lose all ur weight ??
i been and weighed today and lost 1 more slow but sure i keep saying little by littel it will go
hope every one eles is down today in weight lol
Angie xx

mette
07-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Congratulations on loosing another pound Angie!

I've been loosing 1 pound a week on average this spring - but this week I've lost 2! And it means that I'm down to 193 and have lost a total of 50 pounds.
(I'm having a very good morning today! :D Yey!!!!)
The first 35 pounds I lost a year and a half ago, I maintained the loss until April this year when I started up with another period of loosing weight. And 15 off so far this spring/summer.
I've had three weeks in a row where I have exercised a bit everyday - and that's been very good for me. I want to thank you guys again for keeping me motivated!

Everybody have a great Monday!

mette
07-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Just to add a question: Angie, you mentioned that you measure your body fat - you said something about having gone down 7% body fat the first three weeks you exercised.

I just wondered how you measure it? Do you have one of those scales that measure body fat by sending an electrical current through the body (BIA scales)?
I'm just wondering whether you find it to be useful information or not - I'm thinking about buying a new scale and have been looking at the fancy (and expensive) BIA scales too. But I'm not yet convinced I need one. What do you guys think? Do you measure body fat?

Angiexx
07-05-2004, 04:02 PM
hi all
i use an electronic scales at gym and they do it all body fat, water everything lol, i thought it was good becouse i hadnt lost weight that week so i was really excited to find i had lost body fat so just couse u dont lose weight it dosent mean ur body isnt changing i dont do it all the time about 1 a month i lost another 1% the other week which is good,
i am having a hard time being good this week on my monthlys and i could eat for england but iam holding off but i doubt i lose anything this week , sometimes its so hard to keep motavated, what dose every one else do or think to keep going ??

hope ur all down this week Angie xx

mette
07-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Hi -
Angie: Yes, it do sound like a good idea to track changes in body fat - and see how your body changes even when it's not showing on the usual scale. I'll see what I do - I could look around at local gyms, and see if they measure body fat anywhere. I want to have my body fat measured too!!! (I'm such a geek)

How's your week going? Still hard? Good for you that you're holding off, but even if you eat a bit more than you planned it's not the end of the world. I've found it's all about moderation - the stuff I really, really crave I do eat; just not all the time, every time, or loads. Hope you're doing OK, Angie.

I felt low yesterday too - sometimes I really forget how to think positive and keep the focus on the here and now. When I get down, everything feels hopeless and hard. And I need to be reminded that things will be OK, that it's about today, and good choices I do for myself today. For me it's also about getting enough sleep, eating enough so that I'm not hungry, wearing enough clothes so that I'm not cold. When I'm sad, tired, hungry and cold - all I want to do is eat. So I have to take care of the basics.

But my exercising is going well: I have just started my fourth week of exercising every day, and I'm really happy about that. I haven't made any changes in the plan yet, so far I'm going jogging two mornings, lift weights three days. I have changed the distance I'm jogging and the weight of the dumbbells, but the programs are the same. I think I'll stick to them for a couple of more weeks.

Hope you all are having a great Wednesday.

Angiexx
07-10-2004, 08:33 AM
hi all
well i been and weiged and stuck the same which is good at least i havent put on i am going to be so good next week so ican get to 3 stone mark only need to lose 2 pounds then i be happy and can start working on the 4th one hows every one eles doing ??

mette
07-11-2004, 05:15 AM
Hi Angie Ė itís good you havenít gained: we all have weeks with no weight loss, I suppose. How long have you been doing this now?

Iím good too. I weigh in on Mondays so Iíll know tomorrow how Iíve done weight-wise. The one think Iím proudest of is that as of today I have exercised everyday for 4 weeks. Tomorrow I start on my fifth week!
Iíve never been so persistent in my life!!!

How is your exercising going? Are you getting stronger? :)

Angiexx
07-11-2004, 03:13 PM
hi
i started in jan
and so far have lost 38 pounds 2stone 12, i have a lot to lose i want to get to 140
so about 160 to go but iam thinking in short term goals my next goal is to get under 20 stone, my excersicing is doing well iam doing 5 days a week or 6 depends on how strong iam feeling iam definatly fitter, every time i go i do 10 mins on cross trainer and then 20 mins on bike i also do 10 or 15 mins walking and 5 mins on rower i started with just 30 pull on rower then 50 then i went up to 100 stopping at 50 and resting now iam up to 160 i stop at 100 and rest aiming for 200 soon i definatly feel stronger when i done cardio i go and do weights alternating what i do i can feel muscles lol under the fat lol so hows ur going ?? how was the weight loss and how long u been doing it

mette
07-12-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi Angie - you are really doing well! Congratulations on 38 pounds in just 6 months!
Do you find that it gets easier to keep the motivation to eat right and exercise so often when you've been doing it for a while?
And it's great that you feel stronger! I do too!!

I've lost another pound this week. And it makes 51 in total. I started loosing weight two years ago though - so I have been doing this for a while now. I lost 35 pounds and then maintained the weight loss for 1 1/2 years before I started up again this April. Since April I have lost 16 pounds. I'm going to loose weight until November, and then I'll go back to maintaining the new weight again.
Like you I think that short-term-goals are very good to keep myself motivated - that's because I restrict weight-loss periods to 6 months.

Have you checked out some of the other forums for people with a lot of weight to loose? They seem to be very friendly toward newcomers at both "100lb. Club" and "300+ And Ready To Try Again" under Support Groups?

Have a nice Monday, Angie!

WNYmom
07-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone. Can I join in. I'm Janine and I used to be a walker. Turning into a swimmer for the summer while my boys are in swim lessons. I would like to drop another 15lbs or so. I will have access to the pool at school for the next 5 weeks 5 days a week. I also wear a pedometer every day and even though I normally don't even get close to the suggested 10K steps I do keep a log of my steps every day. When swim is doing I hope to have the motovation to get back to my :tread:. It has been sadly neglected the past several months.

mette
07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi WHYmom, and welcome to our little thread! :wave:
Weíre basically using the place to report in on how our exercising plans are going: what weíre doing and such.

First: congratulations on your weight loss! Have you been loosing weight for a long time?
Swimming 5 days a week sounds very good! How many steps are you getting on the pedometer? And do you find it a useful tool?

Iím exercising a little (about 30 minutes) everyday Ė and have just started on my fifth week. I usually lift weights three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri), jog two mornings (Tue and Thu) Ė and on Saturday and Sunday Iíll do different things, but mostly hiking, jogging, Pilates or yoga.

Iím not sure how much I want to loose Ė I think Iíll just see what happens. :D My plan is to continue loosing weight for another 3 Ĺ months, and then maintain for a while.

Hope youíll find the place motivating, it has really helped keeping me motivated to come back here everyday and report how everything is going.
See you soon!

Angiexx
07-12-2004, 04:30 PM
hi all wellcome whymom, welldone mette on losing another pound, you have done well, and yes i find it easier to stick to dieting now, i cant stop like you i now i would put weight on, and i would find it hard to start again, iam going to keep going and not stop well thats a lie i have a day off occasianaly so i can have an indian as a treat u have to have a treat now and then the trick is not having them everyday lol, do u think 38 pounds in 6 months is good i feel its a bit slow i wish it was more i know its better slow but i would still like it to be a regular 2 or 3 pounds a week but iam more like 4 one week then none then 1 then 2 then none then 4 very iregular but my food is basically the same each week any how well done keep up good work Angie xx

mette
07-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Hi Angie - since I found this place (3FC), I'm really starting to see that everybody is different, and does it differently. There is no "one right way" that fits all.
Alternating between periods of loosing and maintaining like I do certainly doesn't fit everybody, but I really like it. For the first: I focus more on how long I'm doing it, and not so much on how much weight I will loose, how much left, etc. I'm not stressing as much: no matter how much I loose the next 3 1/2 months, I'll still stop loosing and start maintaining when November comes. It feels sort of safe.
And also: I have lost a lot of weight at least 5 times in the past: and I never was able to keep it off. So I figure I need to learn how to keep it off. And how I can get used to having a smaller body. So I'm practicing maintaining! ;)

And yes, I really do think 38 pounds in 6 months is very good! It's well over 1 pound a week on average. And that *is* the best way: slowly and surly. You're doing really well Angie: exercising, developing healthy habits, eating on plan but making room for treats.
Keep up the good work! :balloons:

Exercising-wise I've had two good days again: lifting weights yesterday and jogging this morning. It's starting to become a habit actually. Who would have thought? Certainly not me! :D

WNYmom
07-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Got in the water today again. Swam about an hour or so today. My body feels it also but it's a good tired. KWIM. :smug: After swim we went and did a little shopping for snacks or esentials for DS & DH when they leave Sunday for Boy Scout camp. they will be gone till Friday so things will be on the quiet side here with just me and the little guy. Still going to do swim next week so that is good.

mette
07-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi there Janine!
Your swim sounds nice! :D

I've been doing my usual routine with jogging and weight lifting for the past week, but this weekend I have visitors coming - so Iíll miss a couple of days of exercising. But only two Ė Sunday and Monday Ė I think.
I also think that Iíve followed this plan long enough to change it around a little now. I just donít know quite how yet.
Have a nice weekend Ė and enjoy your peace and quiet!

Angiexx
07-18-2004, 08:37 AM
hi all
well iam pissed off, been good all week and still havent lost any, but i wont give up just hope i lose some soon or i will, have been to gym but not as offten as usuall had a really late night and it took 2 early night and 2 lie in to get back to being able to get up at usuall time of 5-45am, and worked overtime sat so no time then been today and did loads felt goo haveing a rest felt fitter, and able to do more, i must be toning up as even tho i havent lost weight last couple of weeks people keep sayng hey u lost weight which make u feel so good, hope ur all ok and loseing weight take care angie xxx

mette
07-19-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi Angie and everybody!
I'm sorry you're not loosing any weight Angie. Those plateaus can really be a b***!!! :devil:
And you shouldn't give up. Just remember how far you've come the last 6 months, how much weight you've lost - and that plateaus are completely normal and they'll end!

I haven't been following my exercising plan this weekend because my mother is visiting - but I'm not stressing over it. She'll leave on Wednesday, and then I'll be back in my routine again.

How nice that people are noticing that you've lost weight! That must be motivating?? :D

WNYmom
07-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Swam again today. Was in the water about an hour till there was a power outage and everyone had to get out for safety reasons. I am tired but it's a good tired. KWIM We are just starting week 3 of a 6 week program. I only hope that by the end of the program I will have the motovatin to get back on my treadmill.

mette
07-21-2004, 03:14 AM
Way to go Janine! (- but what is a "poser outage"?)

I jogged yesterday morning - it's really nice in the park when the sun shines and the birds sing, but a treadmill would be nice for the winter months I think! ;)
Have you used your much?

Lifting weights for me today. My mother leaves today, and I'll be back on plan with my eating and exercising tomorrow.

WNYmom
07-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Way to go Janine! (- but what is a "poser outage"?)

I jogged yesterday morning - it's really nice in the park when the sun shines and the birds sing, but a treadmill would be nice for the winter months I think! ;)
Have you used your much?

Lifting weights for me today. My mother leaves today, and I'll be back on plan with my eating and exercising tomorrow.

:dizzy: Should have said power outage.
I used to use my treadmill at least 3 days a week for up to 45 minutes a day but I hurt my back and it killed me to even walk so I stopped and never got the motovation back to get on. I am really :o of myself for that but I hope that swimming through these weeks in the summer will help me get back on track come fall. :tread:

Angiexx
07-22-2004, 03:17 PM
hi all
hoes it all going, i wish i could swim well i can i think havent since i was 12 , iam to embarased to go as iam to fat still but when iam slimmer iwill and i dont mean my goal weight i mean when i start feeling good about myslf and brave enough not to care what people think, i really admire big people who dont give a dam i wish i was like that i do try but iam still to self consouse (probably spelt wrong sorry )i know people look and stare becouse iam fat even thou i if i say so myself dont look to horrendouse lol sorry spelling bad tonight, been to gym 4 times so far this week didnt go today but i will be there in the morning iam going to try changing things about to sea if i can get weight lose going again hope ur all well \
Angie xx

mette
07-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi Janine and Angie Ė
Iím back to normal again today. Started the day with jogging, after lifting weights yesterday, but I was a bit sluggish this morning.

Hope the swimming gives you your motivation back Janine: walking and jogging really is very good exercise. I like it a lot too.

And I agree with you Angie, Iím building up my courage to start swimming again too. I have never been very brave about showing my body in public, and havenít been swimming for almost ten years. But itís something I want to do again.
Youíre really doing well with your workouts Ė good luck on getting weight off this week.:crossed:

Have a nice Thursday!

WNYmom
07-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Swam again today. Spent about 1 hour in the water. I really didn't want to as I was tired but I forced myself. After I got in I knew I would feel better and I did! So that's 4 days in the row now. Feel good about that at I promised myself I would get in at least 3 days a week. I plan on getting in again tomorrow as well! When we came home from swim I read the mail and papers then went out and cut some grass in front. Got the main part done and had to quit. It's so darn hot out there and I was so parched. :faint: :sunny: Came in and grabbed a bottle of water and downed that in about 10 minutes. I am now working on my second bottle. I also turned on the ceiling fan. It's times like this that I wished we had central AC. :hot: :hot: :hot:

Angiexx
07-24-2004, 08:37 AM
hi all well good news at last lol i have lost a pound this week a samll step i know but now i know i moving again, i really want to get this off before when i have dieted i would have given up but not now so i know iam going to do it this time however long it takes, keep up the swimming jannie as it only get easier, i went to gymtoday i did loads i felt so good when i came out i was on tread mill cross trainer bike rower, my face was quite red lol, then i went and did all the weights i do so really good, and jannie i wish we had heat its meant to be our summer and all its done is rain been nice today thou i just cut lawn as well and thats after being at gym lol
hope every ones ok and hows the diets going ??
take care angie xx

hereznay
07-25-2004, 08:12 AM
YIKES, haven't posted here in awhile. A true sign of falling off. Back in the saddle again.

Today: 1 hour 5 minutes walking.

atrae
07-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi there! Um this is my first post in this thread but I guess I can share anyway! It's good to be kept accountable. I'm so glad this thread is here!

I don't really have a set routine, although I know I should, but I do exercise atleast 30 minutes a day (those are days when I really don't have the time...) I usually do a few hours a day spread throughout the day doing different things to keep it interesting.

Yesterday I did:
Figuretics
Fat Burning Workout Video
Dance Aerobics Video
Swimming
Trampoline

Today has been one of those slow days though....I was up late last night, and as soon as I got home from church this morning I went back to sleep, lol. So today I've done:
Muscle Toning Video
Crunches
And about 4 different kinds of leg lift thingies (don't know what they're called)

I'll probably do my dance aerobics video later tonight too though, because it is fun :)

I always used to hate to exercise...But now I love it! It's such a great way to let off steam! Plus of course it just makes me feel better physically....And of course I like my clothes fitting looser! :D

But yea, there ya have it!

mette
07-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi guys - sounds like you're all doing just great!

Janine - you're really doing great with your swimming! You must be getting really strong too: swimming for an entire hour! Good for you!

Angie - congratulations on loosing again! You are really an inspiration: working so hard and never giving up! :D

hereznay - hi! and welcome back! It's always good to have people getting back on the saddle and telling us about it! :D

atrae - welcome!! :wave:
Nice to have you here! Being kept accountable is exactly why posting here is a good thing for me too. And great that you feel better and enjoy your exercising!

I have been on plan most of last week - with jogging and weight-lifting. Went hiking for 3 hours on Saturday (and have really, really stiff and sore calves today!) - a wonderful walk. Sunday I did yoga, which I really should do more often - most of my muscles feel stiff and inflexible.
I think this will be the last week I follow my "Summer plan" - I'm planning on joining a gym next week. But for this week the plan is: weight lifting Mon/Wed/Fri, jogging Tue/Thu.

See you all later!

hereznay
07-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanx mette :-)

On the "saddle" two days in a row

Walking 2.9 miles
45 minutes (wght loss pgm level 3 peak @ 2.8 mph 6%)
20 minutes (fitness pgm level 4 peak @ 3.5 mph 7%)

atrae
07-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Mette :D

Today I did 2 Denise Austin workout videos (to tell you the truth she kind of freaks me out...."can you smell that?? we're burning FAT!") But hey its exercise. I am going to go swimming (in my backyard, woo) later on, and do my dance aerobics before I go to bed. I always try to fit in miscellaneous crunches and leg lifts so I suppose I'll be doing some more of those too :)

hereznay
07-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Walking 2.9 miles

hereznay
07-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Walking 1.43 miles
30 minutes (speed challenge pgm level 4 peak @ 3.7 mph 6%)

WNYmom
07-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Swam Tues and again Wed. Monday did some shopping instead.

mette
07-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Weightlifting (ca 35 minutes): Monday & Wednesday
Jogging (30 minutes): Tuesday. A bit sluggish and tired, but hoping it'll get better Thursday.

Angiexx
07-29-2004, 03:56 PM
hi all well tues and wed i went to gym and did 20 mins on bike 10 on cross trainer then 6 mins on rower pulled 220 times, and 10 mins on treadmill all that before work didnt go today but will be doing same first thing in morning, i have changed my routeen, do my weight on sat and sun when i have more time i do full set both days i know its not ideal but then in week i concentate on cardio as i have only an hour i am trying to improve my cardo and get faster and work at a higer intensaty hope ur all doing good have a good day lol Angie xx

hereznay
07-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Walking 2.9 miles

mette
07-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Hi everybody!

Thursday: jogging 30 minutes, still sluggish and my knee is aching a little. I'll buy new shoes and see if it improves.
Friday: planned weightlifting, 35 minutes program.

I have an appointment with an instructor at the gym on Tuesday, and will then start to do weightlifting at the gym instead of at home. I'm looking forward to it and feel a bit anxious at the same time. I haven't been very found of gyms in the past - but I'm ready to try again. :dz:

Angie - sounds good that you're trying to improve your cardio and work out at a higher intensity. How was it to work out on Sunday? Were you very tired from your workout on Saturday? I think you're right, and that it's all about figuring out what works for you.
I like to do cardio in the morning too (jogging)!

Have a nice day! :D

WNYmom
07-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Plan to swim today. That will be 4 days in a row. today I should be getting in more laps as my swim buddy isn't going to be there. We usually do about 20 minutes of laps going the width of the pool then we kind of hang out down there treading water while chatting for another 20 minutes then back to getting in a few more laps till lessons are done and we are joined by our kids.

hereznay
07-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Walking 1.32 miles
30 minutes (cardio challenge pgm level 2 peak @ 3.0 mph 5%)

atrae
07-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I took a break. So shoot me. Actually let's see, I was gone for what, 3 days? The first day I was cleaning LITERALLY all day. From when I woke up until late that night. So I guess that's enough. The next day I felt like crap, so I was lazy. The next day was just a busy day with my therapist, family stuff, and other miscellaneous errands we had to run. But lo and behold today, here I am! Back and better than ever. I've lost another pound, YAY. Anyway, here's what I did today.
-Dance Aerobics Video (i'm tellin ya, this is fun stuff)
-Swimming....twice actually. For about, um, an hour and a half in all.
-Crunches and leg lifts
I might do another tape or something later. :) Ta!

Angiexx
07-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Hi all, well mette i was fine doing it again on sunday i had a rest monday when i went back on tues i had loads of energy, i been to day and done the full workout came back feel greatiam down 2 pounds lol so thats a total of 3 stone = 42 pounds so glad it comeing off again makes u want to work out when u can see it working hope everyones doing ok Angie xx

hereznay
07-31-2004, 08:39 AM
Walking .64 miles
15 minutes (wght loss pgm level 4 peak @ 3.0 mph 5%)

Biking 7.47 miles
30 minutes (intervals pgm)

mette
08-01-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi guys!

Ang Ė how great that youíre losing weight and enjoying your exercise! Congratulations on the 3 stones! Good that it keeps you motivated to work out too.
atrae Ė cleaning *is* exercise as far as Iím concerned! ;) Congratulations on losing another pound!
Janine Ė I know what you mean about exercise buddies. Itís very nice to have somebody to exercise with, but it cuts down on the workouts sometimes. As long as youíre alternating Ė swimming both alone and with your buddy, youíll probably get the best of both?

Iím having a quiet weekend. I did weightlifting on Friday, and will do that again Monday. For the weekend thereíll just be indoors cleaning and painting Ė and as I said, that totally counts as exercise! Maybe a hike on Sunday, weíll see.

Iíve bought new running shoes Ė so Iím hoping the jogging will get a bit easier next week.
Have great weekends everybody!

hereznay
08-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Walking 1.52
27 minutes
Biking 3.3 miles
10 minutes

hereznay
08-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Walking 1.47 miles, 30 minutes
Biking 8.66 miles, 30 minutes

hereznay
08-03-2004, 06:22 PM
rest day

mette
08-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I did weightlifting at home on Monday Ė 35 minutes.

Tuesday: jogging 30 minutes with new running shoes. Great run (and shoes!), no ache anywhere.
I also had an appointment with an instructor at my new gym and put together a weightlifting program.

Today, Wednesday: warm-up on elliptical trainer + weightlifting lower body + ab crunches + stretching (50 minutes).

hereznay
08-04-2004, 04:13 PM
biking - 30 minutes 9.47 miles

hereznay
08-05-2004, 04:39 PM
biking - 30 minutes 9.59 miles
walking - 20 minutes .82 miles

hereznay
08-06-2004, 04:15 PM
biking - 30 minutes/10.81 miles

hereznay
08-07-2004, 08:09 AM
45 minutes (wallking, running & biking)

Angiexx
08-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi all hows it going ?
i been good been to gym lots this week done all i could and should lol stayed the same on weight thou didnt lose but still happy lol hope ur all ok

hereznay
08-08-2004, 09:32 AM
hi angie :)

walking - 20 minutes .90 miles

Angiexx
08-09-2004, 04:09 PM
wow 90 miles way to go girl lol
i did 10 mins cross trainer level 4, bike 20 mins random level 6, rower 6 mins pulled 200times and 10 mins on tread mill hight 40 speed 40 was a bit hot when finished lol hope ur all well Angie xx

hereznay
08-09-2004, 04:42 PM
ha ha Angie no it's POINT 9 miles

today I did 20 mins wakling (.9 miles) & 29 mins weights

hereznay
08-10-2004, 04:41 PM
20 minutes walking .9 miles
39 minutes cardio & abs

hereznay
08-11-2004, 05:05 PM
20 mins biking 5.93 miles
29 minutes weights

hereznay
08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
20 mins biking 5 miles
39 mins cardio & abs

hereznay
08-13-2004, 04:38 PM
20 mins biking 5.5 miles
29 mins weights

Angiexx
08-14-2004, 07:27 AM
hi hows everyone doing, iam glad to report 1 more pound down i was doing well till yesterday couple people from work were leaving and they bought chocks in well how can you say no i cant iam ok i dont buy any chocs but i cant refuse it lol, so i may have lost more if i hadnt been naughty, but i did enjoy it so lol, beeen to gym today done 38 mins 10 cross trainer 20 bike 8 rower, then did 9 diffrent weight felt real good when finished, hows everyone eles going ??

hereznay
08-14-2004, 09:24 AM
20 minutes biking 5.09 miles
39 minutes cardio & abs

hereznay
08-15-2004, 08:58 AM
rest day

hereznay
08-16-2004, 05:36 PM
20 minutes biking 4.67
20 minutes walking .64
26 minutes weights

hereznay
08-17-2004, 05:48 PM
20 minutes walking .82 miles
10 minutes biking 2.54 miles
30 minutes cardio & abs

Angiexx
08-18-2004, 04:04 PM
hi weres every one gone?? mette, jannie, and rest i hope ur all being good miss u girls

hereznay
08-18-2004, 06:22 PM
20 mins weights

hereznay
08-21-2004, 02:03 PM
29 mins weight
39 mins cardio & abs

hereznay
08-22-2004, 07:18 AM
20 mins walking 1.24 miles
10 mins biking 2.56 miles

mette
08-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi Angie! Sorry about disappearing! Iíve started weightlifting so I have been posting a little in LWL (Ladies Who Lift). Iím still doing well. I do weightlifting 3 days a week and run/jog 2 days. Iím still losing weight (slowly), and Iím getting ready to start maintaining what Iíve lost. I want to do that for a while before losing more.
Hope youíre still doing well Angie; you are very dedicated and inspiring! I will try to post more often! :D

Angiexx
08-22-2004, 08:58 AM
hi mette so glad to hear from you and that your doing well, well iam back on track lost 3 pounds this week so up to 46 pounds gone yippeeeeeeeee, take care

hereznay
08-23-2004, 05:55 AM
20 mins biking 5.41 miles
29 mins weights

WNYmom
08-23-2004, 08:32 AM
hi weres every one gone?? mette, jannie, and rest i hope ur all being good miss u girls

I'm just back from vacation so trying to get my life back in order. You know, need a vacation after a vacation. Got home on Sat early evening but had a car show to work on Sunday so was gone from about 7:30AM till almost 10PM. It was a long day for sure so now I can work on my laundry and finish unpacking. Anyone want to come help? :dizzy:

mette
08-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Angie Ė congratulations on 3lbs off Ė and 46 totals lost. I hope youíre feeling great about yourself these days Angie!!! :D You really should!

Janine Ė sorry, canít come and help Ė Iím having another vacation after my vacation!!! :lol:
Glad that youíre back; did you have a nice vacation?

I lost 2lbs this week, and Iím just 1 pound away from the weight I want to maintain. So Iím going to maintain my weight for at least 9 months now, while I keep lifting weights and run 2 mornings of the week. I love the idea that I will get to eat more, and gradually increase my calories from 1500 and up toward 2000 (hopefully)!
But Iíll still exercise every day, so Iíll continue to post here.

Have great Mondays everybody!

hereznay
08-24-2004, 06:23 AM
39 mins cardio & abs

hereznay
08-25-2004, 05:53 AM
29 mins weights

hereznay
08-26-2004, 04:40 PM
15 mins biking 3.24 miles
39 mins cardio & abs

Angiexx
08-27-2004, 06:27 AM
hi mette and janine so please to hear how well you done mette and good luck with maintaining, hope u had good holiday janine were did you go and was weather nice, over hear in england all we have had is rain and more rain much more than usuall i have had week off this week and spent most of it at gym, and to much shopping lolo, hope ur all well take care xx

hereznay
08-27-2004, 04:33 PM
29 mins weights

hereznay
08-28-2004, 07:29 AM
39 mins cardio & abs
20 mins walking 1.07 miles
10 mins biking 2.26 miles

hereznay
08-29-2004, 08:47 AM
60 mins 7.24 miles
20 mins Walking - 1.14 miles
20 mins Walk/Run - 1.33 miles
20 mins Biking - 4.77 miles

hereznay
08-30-2004, 06:13 AM
29 mins weights

hereznay
08-31-2004, 06:26 AM
39 mins cardio & abs

hereznay
09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
29 mins weights

mette
09-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Hi Angie, and everybody!
Itís good to hear that everybodyís doing well! :D
And spending your week off at the gym and with shopping sounds like the perfect way to spend it, Angie!
I've started my new semester and have had to rearrange my work-outs; I now get up every morning to exercise before I do anything else. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I go to the gym and lift weights (at 7 in the morning!), and Tuesday and Thursday I jog in the park.
For me, it feels good to be done with exercise early in the day; I donít have to think about fitting it in later in the day.

hereznay, what program do you follow for weightlifting?

hereznay
09-02-2004, 06:37 AM
39 mins cardio & abs

Stamper
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi! I haven't posted on this board in about 2 years. I have also been hovering around the same weight for about 2 years and finally feel motivated to lose and I need to lose about 60 pounds. The hardest thing for me is to exercise consistently. I was looking for an exercise thread and this seems to be an active one. I've tried to read all the posts to get familiar with everyone but there are so many! Anyway, do you all mind if I join you?

We have an eliptical trainer at home and the best thing for me is to use it in the morning before I shower for work because otherwise I make excuses why I don't have time to do it later, plus then I don't have to shower again. We also have a pool and I usually get at least 1/2 hour swim after work and more on weekends, weather permitting. We'll be closing the pool in a few weeks and then I'll have to get myself to the Y to do it. I also take yoga lessons every Saturday and try to do some during the week and throw in a few walks here and there when the weather is right.

My biggest problem is that I HATE to get up in the morning and tend to want to stay in bed until I just have enough time to get ready for work. I am trying to think about how good I will feel all day if I get that exercise in to motivate me to get up and do it.

thinlizzie
09-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Hello Everyone :)

Hope to join this thread and get serious about exercising each day. I have lost and regained the weight for the LAST TIME!! Weight Watchers did help me lose it last time, but i just cannot do the journaling, and like some of you mentioned on here, i'd like to have "regular" foods in the house--just treat them sensibly. With exercise i think i could better control my food intake. I have the gazelle machine and really like walking outside. We have this huge hill to start off my walk so that in itself is a workout. Going out in the cool windy weather next to do my walk.
Saw that Suzanne posted an offer for 3 free visits to a curves with the purchase of 3 Kraft products. Anyone use curves? And would it be a good place to go?

I need to lose about 25# again, and i'm in my late 40's. Time to get real and get my health in better shape. This seems like a good thread to get a boost
to continue with daily exercise.
Thanks for this thread, Girlie. I will try to post daily also.

:wave: thinlizzie

hereznay
09-08-2004, 05:01 PM
29 minutes weights
20 minutes walking 1.24 miles
10 minutes biking 2.91 miles

thinlizzie
09-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Hello all~~ Moved my butt big time today. Also ate very little, so all is well. Can't post for a few days while we take in a concert and visit 2 of my sisters. I will strive to keep food regulated. Not too many goodies i hope!
Keep up the exercise chicks~~ we can do this together!

:wave: thinlizzie

hereznay
09-09-2004, 05:04 PM
39 minutes cardio & abs
10 minutes biking 3.24 miles

mette, my bad I just saw your question. I have an exercise pgm on DVD which alternates weights one day and cardio & abs the next.

hereznay
09-10-2004, 05:24 PM
29 minutes weights
39 minutes cardio & abs

hereznay
09-11-2004, 07:36 AM
29 minutes cardio & abs

gabwill
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone. I am new here but was interested in what everyone else is doing so here I am.

50 minutes walking 3.2 miles

hereznay
09-13-2004, 06:06 AM
29 minutes weights

gabwill
09-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Good job Hereznay.

So far today I ran 1.5 miles and did my power90 tape (40 minutes cardio/10 minutes yoga)

2mchme
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi,I'm new,this is my 2nd. post & I'm not real sure how this works other than I need support,structure and accountability and am willing to give all the former in return. So here goes,bear with me please.
today :Stationary recumbent 7.3 mi/34 min
Great start of a new day,thanks for letting me play :-)

hereznay
09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
thanks gabwill :) Great job yourself ;)
hi 2mchme, welcome :)

20 mins bike 5.53 miles
39 mins cardio & abs

2mchme
09-14-2004, 11:07 PM
thanks hereznay,cool to see your daily post.
37 min on the wt. bench this AM, I can feel it tonight,feels kinda' good. I need to figure out how to do flys w/o hurting my L shoulder. I can't reach the grips to do them with my forearms and if I use my hands I think my form may be wrong.
thanks for letting me play :-)

hereznay
09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
15 mins bike 5.01 miles
29 mins weights

thanx 2mchme, helps keep me accountable ;) i use dumbbells and flys are my nemesis ;)

laters

gabwill
09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Yesterday- 30 min Taebo and 40 minutes circuit training.
Today- 40 minutes cardio.

I read somewhere that if you have troubles with the flys that you should substitute with kick backs. (Usually back problems but in this article it didn't specify)

2mchme
09-15-2004, 11:58 PM
hi gabwill & hereznay,
Thanks for the input! I think I might be increasing the wt. too fast. I'll try dumbells and see if that hurts. Well,my BIG effort for the day was approx 10 min of a 45 min yoga tape,the downward dog kinda' bit me...oh well, this is an all new thing for me. I'm using the yoga to de-stress after work. 10 min today,who knows maybe 12 min. tomorrow. Thanks for letting me play :-) see ya tomorrow

hereznay
09-16-2004, 06:00 AM
20 mins walking - 1.24 miles
20 mins cardio

baby steps is good, even in 2 min increments ;)

gabwill
09-16-2004, 10:23 PM
taebo (30 min)
circuit training (40 min)
pilates (30 min)
walked 5 miles

2mchme
09-16-2004, 11:33 PM
baby steps is right! 38 min on bike @ 13 mph
made it thru the first set of lunges/twists on yoga tape..tomorrow the standing up stuff, downward facing dog makes my arms just plain shake after while
gabwill,herezney,good to see your post.thanks for the good example

afireinside723
09-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I have a really hard time exercising. I just can not motivate myself my to do it. Are there any tips that anyone has to help motivate. I am also really self concious about being around others when I work out. I have a free 24 hour fitness center here where I live and I would like to start using it. I am one of the types of people who gain weight all over so I was also wondering if I could get some tips on what will work for those "problem" and hard to get areas, like innerthighs, underarm giggle, and a good way to tone abs and get rid of love handles. Since I have been losing weight my tummy is getting flatter but the love handles are just not going anywhere. I have a pilates and a yoga video also.

Any tips would be so great!

Thanks so much!

Tye :D

hereznay
09-17-2004, 03:57 PM
33 minutes weights & abs

gabwill
09-17-2004, 11:12 PM
walked only 1 mile
power90 video.. 40 min

2mchme
09-18-2004, 12:09 AM
38 min .weights
15 min!!!! 2 min. more than yesterday on the yoga tape(I did a twist that made my neck make the most incredible poping and cracking sounds,then FELT GREAT. For a bad,brief moment I wondered if I was going to feel anything,ever..later,have a good w/e

hereznay
09-18-2004, 08:03 AM
35 mins cardio & abs

gabwill
09-18-2004, 08:16 PM
20 min of my taebo (instead of 30)
40 min circuit training.
30 min walk

2mchme
09-18-2004, 11:58 PM
lasted 3-4 more min. into the yoga tape,almost 1/3 of the way and without falling over AND I held each pose until it was time for the next one AND my jeans that were miserably tight two weeks ago were comfortable and I could bend over in them and still breathe.

gabwill
09-20-2004, 01:03 PM
20 min of new leg workout
power90 video
will walk atleast 5 miles

hereznay
09-20-2004, 04:18 PM
29 minutes weights

majestical
09-21-2004, 03:24 PM
walked: 3.01 mile
6806 steps.