Old 04-09-2004, 12:51 AM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Talking Friday Chat - April 9th

I figured I'd get us started early...

Lori - Just wanted you to know I am praying for you....Must be very tough but sometimes we just need to leave things in His hands and trust.

Raven - Hope your day off is great. I usually bring mixed nuts to the movies while my dd is munching on her popcorn. It helps because I'm at least crunching!

Hope everyone will have a good weekend. I am the lucky recipient of 2 hand-me-down flower girl dresses from 2 separate neighbors. One is blue size 2T and the other ivory size 6. Both dresses are loaded with tuling and very poofy. They fit my girls PERFECTLY! So Easter is Free this year for us since they already have ivory colored fancy church shoes. The girls were twirling around in them tonight so excited. I never let my older one see it until tonight but they were given to me last summer! YIPEE!! AND their Mom will be wearing a size 20 dress which I bought to wear 2 years ago but never made it into. I am very excited!

Have a great day!
Kim
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #2  

Kim: :waves:

Congrats on the size 20!!!! WTG!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great Easter!!!!

Why on earth am I still up this time of night?? I need to get some sleep
Hope eveyrone has a great day incase I don't get on before work in the morning. HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning!

I'm a little flustered this morning. My husband started the same diet I'm on just 3 1/2 weeks ago and he is so ticked he is throwing things this AM. And get this...he has lost 10 pounds and at least 7 inches!!!!! What does he have to be ticked about? I'll tell you...we are going on vacation in a little over 2 weeks and he has waited this late to start his diet, so now it doesn't seem (to him) like he is losing it fast enough for vacation! Grrrrrr, so why do I feel guilty when he throws his little temper tantrums???

Ok, enough of that. We are going out of town with some friends tonight. Going to a comedy club an dinner. I sure hope that we can manage to stay on plan! I think the worse part will be leaving the drinks alone. But the comedy club sounds really fun and it's for one of my hubby's friend's birthday. It should be a hoot.

Then tomorrow we have an Easter service at church around 6:30p and another Sunday morning. Busy, busy! That's probably for the best!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Friday Everyone,

Today's a busy one I will be tidying up, laundry, grocery store and I'm going to start to prepare things for tomorrow when my sisters come over to help me start cooking for Easter Sunday. I'm so excited.

For lent I gave up sugars and promised the Lord I wouldn't cheat, well so far so good, I have 2 more days and I've made it lol, I think this is the first time I've ever gone this far w/doing something, but Sunday's another story And you know the funny thing is, its been 6 weeks and I haven't lost hardly anything, oh well, I think once in a while a good dose of carbs helps me lose faster ???????? I will see next weekend if this is so.

Whatcha all doing today ???

Remember today in your heart

Love Yah's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies.

LoriAs: Did I miss something yesterday? I assume you got the blood test results?

Kim in NJ: glad you got some dresses for the girls. I remember wearing some pretty interesting Easter outfits. My mother and I never agreed and still don't on clothes. I forgot to ask you......didn't you move? How is it now in your own place. Hope things are better......hope I am not mixing you up with someone else!

Leenie: I sure it's not appropriate to wish someone Happy Good Friday but I will anyway. What is the proper way to greet someone on Good Friday? Anyway.....not much going on with me today....work and then out tonight. Tomorrow I have to clean for Easter....we have friends coming over for dinner.

Lisa: Happy Easter to you too. Hope you finally got to bed last night!

I had a half of a low carb bagel this morning ...wasn't as good as the ones I bought the last time at the low carb store and it has 11 grams of carbs for a half a freakin bagel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I made sure the rest of my day is very low carb so hopefully it won't matter. I also decided to knock off the peanuts and go strickly with nuts like peacans....they are only 1 gram for 1 ounce as compaired with 3 grams for 1 oz of peanuts.
I don't think Easter dinner will be a problem because I really don't seem to care about potatoes anymore. strangest thing I ever had happen.
I am having a filet mignon and a salad while they have lamb, mashed potatoes and asparagus. I may have some asparagus too....not much of a veggie eater. I bought some Atkins ice cream last night so that if they bring dessert I won't be in trouble.

Well, need to start getting some work done. I will check in with you all later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jane: Do you weigh your food? I've been wondering how to figure out the ounces of these things.

Leenie: Congrats on making it through (pretty much) lent w/out cheating. I wish I could say the same!! Pass some of that willpower over to me!!

Lori: Your DH has nothing to be throwing a tantrum about. Silly guys-they lose weight and have all the advantages over us women--whatever do they have to complain about??

Mrs. H: Have a happy easter

Kim: Cool! You get to trade clothes for your daughter and give away your clothes!! Bet that's great!!

I'm going shopping today. Not sure for what (food?). Maybe I'll find some jeans and try them on (still afraid to try store bought on. lol). The sun is shining and it's supposed to be chilly out--but it's the sunshine that counts Hope you all have a great Friday!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:52 AM   #7  

Brenda: My food scale is my best friend. I weigh almost everything. I log my food intake everyday (except weekends sometimes) into FitDay so I need to know the exact amounts for the numbers to be right. After a while it becomes second nature.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning gals.

Felling poopy today, youngest DS woke up about 11:30 with croup cough, and I had forgotten that last time our vaproizor died! So I was up wth him until 3 am when DH got home from work and then ran to 24 hour Walgreens to get a vaporizor. Then I slep from 3:45 to 5:50 and now am gettibng ready for work! Plus my tummy is being a tad bit rebelious this morning.

So you will have to forgive my short note, but all of you have a great friday.

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #9  
Head Princess

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

I'm in a great mood today. I'm down 2 pounds this weekand I went shopping yesterday and discovered that I'm now fitting nicely into a 5/6. Yippee!

Kim - Yippee for the dresses!

Mrs H -

Lori - what can I say? Boys are so dumb sometimes!

Leenie - great job on not cheating!

Jane - I quit the peanuts too! I'm currently hooked on walnuts and hazelnuts. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Brenda - be bold! Try the jeans!

TG - hope you get feeling better. You don't want ot miss the fabulous weather this weekend!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:13 AM   #10  

StarPrincess: AWESOME! Congrats on the 2 down. I can't ever imagine being in that size clothes. I will be happy with some 10's.

I went out with hubby for a couple of drinks last night after we dropped off his car to have service today. Thankfully at the bar they had nuts instead of crackers and cheese for a change. Munched away!

Theo'sgirl: Sorry to hear about your ds being ill. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Well my low carb 11 GRAM FREAKIN BAGEL has left me starving! The Nutrawise ones that I used to get made me full. I am trying to hang in there until lunch.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #11  
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

Good Morning Everyone!
I know I'm new to this forum but again I have to say thanks for the inspiration!

Lori my hubby is about like yours although he started at the same time as me but he gets so frustrated at the low weight loss....9 lbs. for him (little secret, he'll be 50 next month ha ha). He just goes from fridge to cupboard and slams the doors cause he's "HUNGRY" and "THERE'S NOTHING TO EAT". I keep celery cut up, lots of cheese, cheese sticks, pepperoni, sardines (yuck) and pork rinds. Men are such babies.

I'm down 4lbs now from my start just 10 days ago. That's .4 lbs a day....not bad for an old lady. I had some uncomfortable stomach days the past couple but went away during the night. Thought I was getting the flu AND believe me it wasn't constipation. :-)

Star, I wish I could get out of my 16's let alone get into a 6. I don't think I've ever worn a size lower than a 10. :-)

Keeping my carbs below 20, around 15 and watching the salt now. Noticed I've been swelling some. I think my downfall is the cream in my coffee....3 TBS a day but that keeps me happy all day long....well, relatively happy.

You all have a great day and keep low carbing!!!
bzy
bzyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #12  

Kim in NJ: I just remembered.....I think it was StorybookMama that was moving. I am so confused
Old 04-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

It is such a glorious day here in Washington! The sun is shining and it is WARM! I just LOVE IT!!!

Got up and hit the gym at 5 am and did my run and weights. I am feeling really really good! I am proud of myself for sticking with the running! Today my kids have a 1/2 day at school so we will be taking a trip to the park! Then next week we are off! WOO HOO! I am planning to try an out door run!

Star and Jane - I was looking at both your stats today.. You are SOOO CLOSE that "I" can taste it! Congrats on the 2 pounds Star! I cant wait to get there!

Brenda - I weigh and measure too. Just about everything! Meat is a bit easier for me as I tend to buy steaks in single serving packs too...

Lori - All I can say is "MEN!" I dont understand what they complain about. I hope things are looking up around there for you!

KIM - It is good to hear from you! WTG on the dress! And the dressed for your girls too! My mom got my daughter her dress this year so All I bought was a $9 pair of shoes!!

Leenie - You are so good! WTG! I gave up snacking between meals. (I have 5-6 meals a day) I did pretty good, but the last couple of week were hard and I gave in. It has to be the running that did it! But I am fasting today so that should be interesting.. especially Since I ran this morning!

TG - I hope you are feeling better!

BZY - Sounds like you are off to a great start! Congrats on the pounds lost so far! You are doing WONDERFUL!

Well, I better run for now... gotta get some stuff done before I head out an pick up the kids. I'll be back later hopefully!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Where is everyone? Just a lazy friday... or just really BUSY?
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:05 PM   #15  

Lazy....it has been so dead at work today. It really made the day drag. I don't have my car today so I can't leave until dh gets here to pick me up

Have a nice weekend everyone.