Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 08:01 PM   #1  

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I just re-joined ww and I want to start doing things right,could someone tell me how many points I am supposed to spend on proteins, milks, carbs, etc.... I don't have that book yet and I think a big part of my problem is eating way too many carbs so if someone could share this info with me I would sure appreciate it. Oh yeah in case it matters, I weigh 206 right now.

Thanks
Brenda
Old 04-04-2001, 09:45 PM   #2  

i know kellys has that info....she's answered similar things for people before, but i don't know where/when the last one was....

andrea
Old 04-05-2001, 08:39 AM   #3  

With the new winning points, it's a little different than it was with 123. They cover it pretty completely in the January/February issue of weight watcher's magazine in an article called "The Winning Way to Winning Points". Basically, they give you a quiz, and depending on what type of eater you are (The Balanced Eater (BE), The Carb Queen (CQ), or The Protein Packer (PP)), they recommend different servings of protein, carbs etc. For example, if you're a BE, 6-8 servings of protein foods are recommended, for a CQ, 4-6, for a PP, 8 -10. There's also an article giving different people's opinions of what works for them and why. If you can get a copy, I highly recommend it, especially the articles where the people explained what worked for them. All of this is part of the new program - trying to keep different types of eaters satisfied and on track. Also, in the front of the weekly journals they give you, there's this list:

"8 steps to a healthy weight
1. Pay attention to serving sizes.
2. Choose at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
3. Choose at least 2 servings of milk and milk products a day 93 if you're a teen or over 50).
4. Include protein-rich foods in your diet.
5. Choose a variety of grains daily, especially whole grains.
6. Limit alcohol, high-sugar, and high-fat foods.
7. Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
8. Insure your nutritional well-being by taking a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement every day."

Hope this helps - good luck!
Old 04-05-2001, 10:46 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

In general the book lists this:

Complex carbs: 6-9 points a day
Protien: 6-8 points a day
Fats: 2-3 points a day
Dairy: 4-6 points a day
Veggies/Fruits: 0-3 points a day

However like stated there is a quiz with the Week 6 stuff to help determine if you need more or less carbs.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:24 PM   #5  

Thank You so much,

Kel, that was just what I was looking for.

Millie,That sounds great, I wonder if it is still on sale. I will try to pick one up tomorrow. I used to get the mag all the time but let my subscription run out. Thanks for the reminder.

Bren
Old 04-05-2001, 08:04 PM   #6  
Stressed but Sane

Brenda, I have the questionnaire from The Right Mix booklet, which helps you figure out whether you are more satisfied with a balanced plan, higher carbs, or higher protein. I also have journals for each of the plans---each is like a checklist, so all you have to do is journal what you've eaten and check off boxes for the WW requirements your food intake meets. Makes it MUCH easier for me! If you'd like, I'd be happy to email them to you....just drop me a line at [email protected]
Old 04-05-2001, 09:30 PM   #7  

Hi Betsy,

I just e-mailed you so you can send them to me. Wow, it sounds great, thanks alot.

Brenda
Closed Thread