Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #1  

Angry How to succeed?

Hello all,

I am new to this discussion and this is my first message. I have a real problem with food. First, I think about it almost all the time and I know my life is really affected by all these feelings. Also, I am a binge eater. Sometimes (especially just coming back from work), I have this big craving for food and I eat all the most sweet and fatty foods I can find in my apartment or I just stop by a store and buy a bunch of unhealthy items and eat them all. I feel very very bad afterwards. I cannot sleep. All this happens before my husband comes back from work, usually a little bit after me. It is so hard afterwards to prepare a meal since I feel so guilty. I feel so bad that I can't speak to anyone, not even my husband. That's why I'm using this list. I know that instead of thinking of food, I should read a book or call a friend but there is like a force that I can't counteract. In life, I have a lot of willingness, at work and for other things, and I usually succeed but with food I feel completely out of control. If you have some advice, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Odile
Odile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome to the place you need to be and for taking the first step for recovery, admitting you need help. All of us on here are working with different eating problems. I personally am a compulsive overeater. Have you read all the information at the top of these threads? They are very informative and helpful. I joined OA with The Recovery Group and have a sponsor and am just starting to work the steps.

Usually we have a daily thread posted by now so feel free to jump in and introduce yourself. Don't be embarrassed because we are all in the same boat but working together we can reach a healthy place. We can do this together.

Last edited by Bunnababy; 04-07-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:40 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey, Odile.

You just wrote my story. Are you sure you're not me?

Seriously, this is a great place. Also, check out www.oa12step4coes.org. It has a lot of really good information and support on it.

Keep coming back.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #4  

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have read a lot of e-mails from this group and it helps knowing that I am not alone.
Thanks,
Odile
Odile is offline   Reply With Quote