Support Groups - Chit Chat # 41

View Full Version : Chit Chat # 41

Jane
04-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!! :wave:

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!!

Please join us!

Jana

Jane
04-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Mornin' ladies,

Cristi - the scales I bought is an actual doctor's scales, called a Health-o-Meter. It is tall, and gives the same weight reading as my doctors. I was expensive - $200 - but I have had it for about 7 years, and it will last probably until I die, lol. I also think Dr. Phil's book would be good vocally. My friend bought it that way, and says he still has you do the assignments. One thing that get a person to thinking is how he says your weight will be different next year - whether it is higher or lower depends on us. Yikes! So true!

Susan - hey, you and the Gabster ARE a family. My son and I were on our own before Mary was born, and I considered us a family. When I cooked too much, I used to freeze leftovers in a TV dinner tray, and heat them up later for us. I weigh in several days a week, just to keep track, but I only count what it says on Saturdays. That is my official weigh-in day, lol. One thing I have done differently this time, is I don't over indulge on weigh in day. It used to take me until Wednesday to undo the damage I did on the weekends. So silly!

Katie - good to see you! Hope your mom's health improves. So YOU are the one who is 5'10"!!!! I knew somebody was! But I thought it was Susan, lol, until recently. I'm 5'9", and medium boned. Once I got out of high school, I liked being tall.

Marti - dang, did I put "H" again??? I am so sorry! About what got me back on track with WW, go to the new thread, okay? I started to post it here, but it was way too long.

Hi to all the other JL's! Get your buns in here, lol!!

I threw my back out again. This time it is pretty bad, and I should have gone to the ER, but didn't. My son brought out some Darvocet and some muscle relaxers, and that is helping. Neal is going to come home at lunch to help me.

Toodles,
Jana

FrouFrou
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I say not because it sounds as if some aren't doing to well. And I am sorry to hear that. :grouphug:

Jana~Sorry to hear about your back being out. Glad Neal will be home to help you out at lunch time. You take it easy and get a lot of rest-be careful. :grouphug: Yeah, Jana, Dr. Phil says some profound things that really kind of slap you in the face and make you think. I do think the CD will help me.

Katie~So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you get to visit her soon, maybe that's what she needs, a visit from you. I need to get to AR and visit my parents, I haven't seen them in 3 1/2 years! :yikes: Didn't realize it had been that long, that is terrible. I didn't realize you and Jana were so tall. But hey, about wearing a size 10-I too wear a size 10 shoe and I am only 5'6" It actually depends on the shoe 9 1/2-10, but mostly a 10. I bet your hair is beautiful!

Hi Susan, Marti, Shanna, Kathy, Kayecee, Angie, & Rita.

Did my weekly at Wally World. I did the dumbest thing this morning...I went to Wally World and completley forgot to get some new scales, UGH! I can't believe I did that. Of course I didn't have it on my list but thought I would remember. I remembered when I signed on and was changing my avatar-I saw the scales. I got on the scales this morning and was up 4 pounds so I KNOW they are broke. I thought I would weigh in three days in a row just to make sure. I know I am a :ink: at times but there is no way I could eat enough food to gain 4 pounds overnight. I am tossing those and will get some new ones this week. Anywho...take care all. TTFN :)

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi
Did we go to Chit Chat 41 as soon as Marti was talking about taking nude shots of herself for motivation???

lol

I am really tired.THANKS Marti- I am sure he is just enjoying his family and especially the kids.His mother is recovering from a stroke so he must have a lot on his mind.

Rebecca & Rachel went for an eye exam this morning, met them at the Dr's office .....anyway , both came away with needing glasses.

Gabster just got a quick walk in and heading home for a .....nap.lol

I just think my motivation was turning 40 and wanting to be in better health.......also, I kept going up and upon the scale,,,,,HAD to get in control of that fast.

I better go

TTFN :)

SqueakMouse
04-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Just a quick message to thank Jana, Cristi and Susan for the wonderful easter cards. It is so nice to get something in the mail that isn't a bill or junk. I dropped the ball on mailing out my easter cards with all the stuff I have been going through. I know that is not a good excuse, I am sooo embarrassed. Especially when you all don't forget me in your mailings. When is the next holiday?"? Hopefully I will get my head out of my you know what and get it together. Anywho, Thanks to you all and I hope you have a nice day. I am sick today, by my own making ( lonely drinking) and don't have the energy to do anything today. So, see you all tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey Shanna!! You drinking and not inviting me??? :) I have an extra bedroom come up and spend the weekend sometime.Live up in the trendy area we can window shop or something or you can go up to the Rose garden and take a stroll , enjoy the beauty up there!!

Next holiday?? Memorial Day?? 4th of July?? lol.......I don't know.No worry......just hope you perk up:)

OMG- a light bulb went off in my brain! I was walking up the stairs coming home with the Gabster today and thought of my answeing machine and Alex-
Last night I had a call and I did *69 because I didn't get to it in time. Thinking it was about a job maybe or the ex calling to apologize...lol
Anyway.......heard 818 and just hung up.Thought it was a telemarketer....
Looking in my telephone book though that area code is southern California in the area that Alex would be in.....could have been him?? Anyway, whatEVER....just makes me feel better.
Anyway, Gaby has broken the answeing machine.....again-lol

I had some celery and fresh peanut butter for snack today-it really is good.

My mom has Gaby for the evening! YAY- needed a breather- though she is the cutest.
Will try and get some recent photos by weeks end.

Best get!

luckycharm
04-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Hello everyone.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone. I am hoping to have time tomorrow to catch up on everything and say hi to everyone personally.

Marti, sorry I haven't been on before to say your pictures are beautiful. You all look so happy.

Cristi thanks for remembering me everyday.

chat with you all tomorrow.

Kathy

Katiecat
04-08-2004, 02:02 AM
OK...just a quick one tonight...

Shanna, don't make yourself sick, hon! Have some coffee :coffee: Wish we could be there to share some with ya :cofdate:

Jana, I'm sorry you hurt your back. :( I have a bad back and have problems with it from time to time, so I know it's miserable. Take it easy and don't over-do...give yourself a chance to heal. I've gotta tell you -- your "how I'm doing it" thread is really inspiring. I've got to do something. I've been stuck in such a rut, and I'm so tired of it!

I got some Easter cards mailed today, but don't have Marti's new last name! Somebody, anybody, please PM me her new last name, so I can mail her card tomorrow :D

I'm set to go see my mom May 13-17. I talked to her Dr. yesterday, and told him the concerns my sister and I are having about her. I convinced her to ask her accountant file an extention on her taxes so she stops stressing about not being able to find all the paperwork she needs in time. Now the biggest problem we are facing is that my step-grandmother, her mother in law, is in a nursing home. Grandma is 98 and Mom was supposed to file some papers to re-certify her for Medicare evidently last year -- she didn't get all the documentation they needed, or didn't get it in time, and now the nursing home is trying to tell my parents they owe over $15,000 -- and $128 more per day until Medicare starts paying again. I have to try to get this mess straightened out -- find out what exactly they need, what the time frame is, if it can be backdated, etc. For pete's sake, the lady is 98, in very poor health, isn't getting any younger and her condition is not improving, and she doesn't have money socked away...of COURSE she qualifies for Medicare! They were wanting things like her birth certificate. Well, they had it at one point, or she never would have been covered in the first place, but good grief, it's a piece of paper almost 100 years old, she was born in Canada and adopted, and my mom honestly can't remember where it is. And my mother is not a very organized person, paper-wise...so this is going to be a rather daunting task, especially in such a short time. Please pray for me, ladies, and if anyone has any advice or has dealt with anything like this before, I would welcome any suggestions.

OK, gotta try to get some sleep. Talk to you soon...

Katie

Marti
04-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Just wanted to pop in quickly.....

I'm a little overwhelmed with homework at the moment. I hate it when that happens.

But I will be back tomorrow and catch up!

Hello to you ALL!!

Marti

Jane
04-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Alllllll righty then!

Cristi - yep, I think you better toss those scales! None at all is better than some that say you gain 4 pounds every day! Yes, I am tall, but only medium boned. I do have big feet though! I like how Dr. Phil asks us to go for our "get real" weight instead of what we weighed in our 20's before 3 kids, lol.

Susan - I betcha it was a message from Alex that you erased! You'll find out pretty soon when he goes back home. Did you enjoy your kid-less evening? What did you do with yourself with the Gabster gone?

Shanna - yw for the card, and it's not a problem that you didn't mail any. We know that you are our buddy and that you wish us a happy Easter! The next holiday that people send out cards for would be..... uh ..... Halloween! Course, if you wanna send me a card on my b/d I'd like it.... :D And that isn't til 9/11 so you have plenty of time, lol.

Kathy - good to see you! Hope you come back today.

Katie - I know what you mean about the paperwork! When Fern was in the nursing home, the stack of papers was a mile high. It was ridiculous. And she was 92 with no birth certificate, but they used her Medicare card as proof that she was eligible for assistance. There was an equally high stack when we brought her home. Sheesh! Btw, thanks for your kind words about the other thread.

Marti - hope you got your homework done. Before you know it, the semester will be over. Neal counts down the days left, and he is the professor! I'm proud of how well you have done, Marti.

Angie - where are you?

Well, my back is a little better but not good enough to leave the house. I need to go to Wally World to get my Easter dinner stuff and weekly groceries in general, but can't do that much walking. :(

Katie is so funny - she has concert tickets to see Phantom Planet in Indy on the 21st and can't quit talking about it! Her brother is taking her since it is a weeknight and Neal doesn't want to drive it. Anyway, do you remember being 17 and crazy about a band? I loved the Rolling Stones but never did get to see them. My friend and I were going to go to Woodstock but weren't sure how to get there, lol.

What are you going to do today?

Jana

Katiecat
04-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Good mornin' this mornin' :coffee2: Got my coffee, and starting to wake up...

Thanks, Marti for PM'ing me your new last name...now I can get your card mailed today. I have home addresses for Cristi, Jana, Susan, Marti, Angie, and Kat -- if anyone else wants to exchange snail mail cards just PM me :)

My oldest son is coming home for Easter!!! :dance: :dancer: :cb: He's in the Air Force and living in South Dakota; haven't seen him since August.

Jana, I saw the Stones in 1981 in Candlestick Park in San Francisco. Great show, it was supposed to be their "farewell" tour :lol:

Susan, unless you know someone in Southern CA, that message was more than likely from Alex...better get yourself a new answering machine, girl :D

Alright, I'm off to the salt mines...it's Thursday, payday, almost made it through the week...and there's a hockey game on tonight...Hey Angie up there in the Great White North...are you a hockey fan?

Hi to Shanna, Kayecee, Kat, Kathy (we sure have a lot of "K's" on here, don't we?), Rita...hope I remembered everyone... :)

Have a great day, ladies --

Katie

da fat n da furious
04-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Good morning ladies,,,
sorry I have just been busy,,,and Tanners off school...won't let me touch the puter when Im home. grrrr
I took him to Ruckers yesterday its like a fun arcade...mostly for the younger kids...I started to play this game,,,Im a cop and have to shoot the bad guys,,,without shooting a bystander or getting shot. You have to literally move out of the way,,,hide behind walls or signs ...I must of been on there for like 20 min. and did like a 100 squats...my legs hurt soooo bad right now. And Im embarassed to tell anyone why...lol *well its like this,,,I was in this arcade game and ....
*went home and did a 100 crunches and 100 squats sound so much better...lol

Susan, that had to have been Alex...is Becks having her cast signed? If so can you write on it for me...love Aunty Ang?

Marti,,,I sent your card to you but in your other H name...

Monte promised me hes gonna take some pics of me,,,full body and head shots.. Ill be sure to get it on here. i need to take it to my audition next week...

Jana,,,you would of been too young for woodstock...

Well I better go sell some beer...

Angie

FrouFrou
04-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Good Morning Ladies~

Shanna~Ditto what Jana said about the cards, and you are welcome for the card, and don't be embarrassed girly. Hope you are feeling better today.

Jana~yeah, those scales are junk. Dr. Phil makes a lot of sense-because I think too many want to get back to that weight that they were before having kids. Which I think is fine for them, a lot of women do get back to that weight and that is great. But our bodies change from having kids and I know I will never be at that weight, not even trying to. I know what I feel comfortable at for my body, which is 150-160. Anything below that would be too weird for me. The smallest I have been was 135 before I married (the first time) and I don't see myself that skinny again. Of course even at that weight I was told I needed to lose. I have to agree with Katie about your post being inspiring. I printed it out.

I don't understand why I am doing what I am doing as far as not giving 100% to losing weight. Last year at this time I was so gung ho and was losing and then just quit after half-a$$ trying off and on. I am giving myself a month to get my act together and get *serious*, I mean really serious about losing weight because I can't continue like this. It is :crazy:

Marti~hope you got your homework done without too much stress. Of course accounting would drive me :crazy: Did you say you were taking Word again??

Kathy~I try to remember everyone with a Hi everyday but I just know sometimes I forget to include someone, not intentionally. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Katie~I remember when my grandpa was in a nursing home-the problems my mom and Aunt had to go through with the one, and fighting to get things paid. They finally got it straightend out and moved him to another one and never had any problems after that. Hope you have a nice visit with your son.

Susan~I too bet it was Alex. I just can't believe that after talking almost daily that he wouldn't call or at least try to email or something at least once while he was gone.

Angie~Can't wait to see photos of you. How are you liking your new job?

Hi to everyone else, Rita & Kayecee. Hope you ladies are doing fine.

Not a lot going on here today. Cleaning and more cleaning, laundry and more laundry, letting the dog out, letting the dog in. We built a temporary fence in the back so we don't have to walk out with the dog every time he needs to go, which isn't very often thank goodness. He doesn't like people. Also, need to catch up on some card sending. Have some birthdays coming up and some thinking of you cards to send. I have a nephew and cousin in Iraq I need to write, of course I just found this out. My cousin is working over there as a civilian and my nephew (my niece's DH) is in the reserves and had to go to Texas for training to be sent over to Iraq. My neice is a nervous wreck, which is understandable. Anyway, BBL possibly. Take care EVERYONE and have a great day. :)

FrouFrou
04-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Just for a second though. :D I forgot to thank Susan and Jana for the Easter cards I received. A big THANK YOU ladies!! :thanks:

Marti
04-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Going to try and make this a quick one...I will post more tonight.

Jana--I so can't wait until this school year is over. I may have to take one more term to just finish it all. (still thinking on that)

Katie--Not a problem with the PM....I happy to give information. Have you all noticed that I'm pretty open with most things and can yap about ME all day long? :D

Cristi--Accounting is better than last time I have to admit. Better teacher. And word...I'm taking Advanced Word. I love that class. I like word. I find it facinating.

Angie--I'm really looking forward to seeing your photo!! I love putting faces to all the names!!

Hello to Shanna, Susan, Kayecee, Kathy, Rita & Kat!!

I need to get some things done around the house..then some homework. My weekend is going to be busy so I don't want a bunch of homework that needs done!!

I will try to post later tonight.

Marti

Jane
04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Maundy Thursday is almost over.....

Katie - so glad you are going to get to see your son. I bet he can't wait to be home, either. I am jealous that you got to see the Stones! I have a tape of one of their shows, and it is awesome.

Angie - that was a funny Ruckers story! However you get your exercise is up to you, lol. Woodstock was in the summer of 1969, and I was about to turn 16, so I didn't drive yet. But my friend and I thought about hitching.... can you imagine?!?!? I didn't do drugs or drink, and wasn't into sex yet so thank the stars I never made it there!

Cristi - about your not committing to lose - well, when you are ready, you will do it, and not a moment before. Don't feel bad about it - just accept that for some reason you just aren't ready yet. Dr. Phil would say you are getting a payoff that makes it worthwhile to stay at your present weight. What is the payoff? Or is it maybe a leftover habit? Only when you are truly ready will it work... imho.

Marti - smart girl, getting the homework done early. Are you taking any summer school classes?

Well, Neal helped me get to Walmart, and I took it verrrrrry slow. My back hurt pretty bad by the time we left, but it was worth it.... now I can rest easy that I have everything I need for our Easter dinner. Mary and Gina are going to help me cook, so that will be nice. Neal and Katie are going to dye the eggs tomorrow, and I will get a cake baked Saturday.

I love holidays!
Jana

PS - I missed my beagle avatar so I brought her back. :)

Mom2Gaby
04-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Good Evening,

Hi Katie & Kathy!! Now where is Kayecee...lol It is nice to read how you are all doing- kind of bummed when someone is missing from the board.

Am I making sense?? Super tired tonight.

Jana- How is your back?? Got the PM, and you are welcome :) I did send your Easter card- didn't forget that.

I have some pictures. I will try and post sometime.This computer at work is so funky,messed up. I let Rachel once look at a music site and now I have a virus on it...keeps getting worse and worse.

I did go buy a new answering machine! YAY- Gaby loves to wake up in the mornings and crawl over me to get to the telephone and answering machine.....before I know it everything is falling to the ground.Anyway, I bought a new one- back in business.

Oh- I worked while my mom was watching Gaby- lol.Tonight Rachel wanted to watch her because there is no school tomorrow.

Would love to see resent photos of you Ang!! Doug (my ex) took some of me today and he always stresses me out, so they didn't turn out so well. There is one that my mom took of me that it *passable*. I am super critical.......uptight with my pic being taken.

Hi to Katie, Kathy,Rita,Shanna,Cristi,Kayecee,Jana,Kat,Angie,Sk ew,Marti.....is that it??lol

I better go-

ttfn:)

da fat n da furious
04-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Jana, I can almost feel your pain,,,ouch! I had a rare back problem years ago...came close to being in a wheel chair. Like I said wayyy to young to go to woodstock!

I bought the boys their books for Easter,,,and Brandon's best friend a book too...hes spending Easter with us. I got a bit of candy and will be stopping at Wallys tomorrow to pick up the rest. Called my cousin Tanyia,,,told her aobut the audition,,,shes excited about it,,,and said she would do my hair so I wouldn't be all messed up..lol hmmm gee thanks..lol

I went and bought some crispy creme donuts today...their ok...

Im making dinner on Saturday,,,for the 5 of us,,,going to call a friend to join us..shes been seperated from her husband since Oct so I think she should come over.

We are talking of going to Banff on Sunday...its beautiful...mountains and hot springs...ahhhh plus my favorite soap place...called Lush (love the name...)

well off to bed i go,,,
night all
Angie

Kayecee
04-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Gang! Just a quick pop-in! Sorry to say, but this is the time of the year that things kinda go nuts around here. :crazy: Taxes, testing at school, going to da hills, yadda yadda yadda. I may be a little sporadic until school gets out in 6 weeks. Sorry. On the very bright side, we finally finished all our taxes. We started them back in February, but the week that we went to H&R Block- our friends own it- the husband had a polyp in his colon to rupture 2 days before. Yikes! He almost died and still hasn't come back to work- he has a colostemy bag until June- poor guy- Anyway, this other girl started them for us in February, but I didn't like her as much so procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate! But now...... drumroll please..... a two thousand dollar refund! Woo Hoo! Yes, I know I way overpay in my check at school, but I would rather get one big lump sum than piddle it away 50 bucks at a time each month. I'm like someone else said- it's my 0% piggybank. :D And dang! What a piggy! Woo Hoo!

Can y'all believe that we ain't going to the hills this weekend? With 3 days off? :faint: LOL We are still trying to wrangle a new camper and work schedules haven't cooperated with us and the bank. They close before I get off work and Tim has worked late every day this and last week. He usually fetches all the papers to me and I sign then he ferries them back. (Suits me just fine- I hate negotiations! :p ) But we just haven't been able to get everything settled yet. :p We know we have the loan, just gotta go do all the nasty paperwork! Yuck! Katie- I really hate to hear that you're tied up with a bunch of paperwork yourself. Sometimes bureaucracy sucks. I hope you don't have too much trouble getting the mess straightened out.

Gotta go fix breakfast for the princess! Hi to everyone and I hope your back gets better Jana! See y'all!

Mom2Gaby
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Good Morning Kayecee

You are the early bird ain't ya??? lol

I have a princess to that needs breakfast but she is going to have to wait for the Queen to get off the puter - haha.....

I need to head for a walk. I did post pic's of you can't open I will send email- geeze- I am not real computer smart- though it works for me! :)

Wearing my 6 Gap jeans! YAhoooooo-

Hope you all have a great TGIF :)

Mom2Gaby
04-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Morning Again,

I just read through the post ,haven't really been able to do that-

Katie- So sorry about your mother. I worked with senior for a long time. My only thought is look for a senior service in her area to help you?? They should be able to help with her medical and housing- certainly they would know the in's and outs.......I know we had a really good office on the coast that I worked with for my residents.
Best of luck and Happy Easter :)

Jana-How is the back today?? Easter is my favorite holiday. I am taking Gaby for Easter Egg hunting tomorrow- trusting that the pager won't go off-lol.......it won't, just will pray real hard.

Kayecee-YAY on the tax return!! What are you going to spend the $$$$ on?? I had 2020 myself, gave half to the ex because he has helped me a lot with child care,besides he has the 2 older girls, thought that was fair.Now that my share is spent.........I don't think that anymore ...lol

Cristi---- Didja get new scales?? lol....don't weigh on ones that put you 4 pounds heavier---:) Best of luck and this will be your first Easter in your new home??

UGH--need to go!!! too much wadder........

TTFN!!!

Mom2Gaby
04-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Yada,Yada........

Feel so much better!!

Marti- I feel bad...I sent an Easter card to you without including Jhanai's name. I just have a mental block or something and forget how her name is spelled, so I just didn't write it on the card.
HAPPY EASTER Jhanai :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :cheer:
Chickens??? Because they lay eggs.......easter eggs....lol

Shanna- Hey!! Hope you have a lovely Easter!! The weather is going to be great!! I think 80 up here in Portland.

Kathy- Hi! I need to send you those photos I promised, sorry. I hope you have a nice holiday with the family. Have you done a Bio?? I will go check out-

Rita- How are you?? Any plans for Easter??

Kat- Hi!!!! Miss you- hope to see you on the board soon- Happy Easter :)

Ang- Hi :) Rebecca won't let me sign her cast. I will try and sign it for you though :) Happy Easter to your lil family. You are a sweety- hope to see a photo soon!! I included one of Beck with her cast- hope you are able to pull it up.

Better go. I work this weekend.....

TTFN

Tomorrow is weigh in day!!!! YAY :)

FrouFrou
04-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Don't really have much to say but thought I should post since the weekend will be a busy one and I don't know when I will be able to post next. I will check back later this evening and then probably tomorrow night.

Have to take my car in tomorrow morning to have the brakes checked and some weird light came on. They said it was the tire pressure light??? Didn't know there was one. I didn't think it was important enough to get it in as soon as it came on, even though it bugged me. It is down next to the water (windshield refill) light, not up by the brake, engine and other lights-the really important ones. I don't like how the brakes feel so thought I better get it in. Going to also go get some shrubs and trees for the front yard, not sure about the back yet but tired of looking at the dirt yard. The guys is going to do sod and seed we think next week. He is pretty busy this time of year so...

DD and I went and did a little shopping at the mall this morning-didn't make it to Wal-Mart to get the scales, will get those possibly tomorrow while DH and I are out and about. It was time to get my wedding ring checked and cleaned. I keep up on it twice a year because as long as I have the regular check-ups if something happens to one of the diamonds they will replace it for free. That and I just like how it shines after they clean it. :lol: Finished shopping for DH. Of course while there we had to pay a visit to Bath & Body. I love their lotions and had been out for a while, so DD and I both got 2 bottles-they have the buy 3 get one free. It's kind of costly, but well worth the money.

It is such an ugly day today. Got chilly and rainy. :rain:

Susan~can't wait to see your photos. Did you include any of the kiddos?? Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Jana~take it easy with your back, try not to overdo it. Have fun this easter weekend.

Kayecee~wtg on getting your taxes done, and getting a refund to boot! Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he is doing better.

Hi to everyone else, Katie, Kathy, Marti, Angie, Rita, & Shanna.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend & Easter. TTFN :)

P.S. Oooops! I almost did it again. Forgot to thank Katie for the Easter card I received today. :thanks:

Jane
04-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Hiya ladies,

I'm kinda busy but want to do individuals anyway - they may be short, lol!!

Susan - :cheer: YAY for the size 6 jeans!!! :cheer: That has to be a good feeling! All the wadder and exercise is paying off. Thanks for the Easter card - got it today.

Angie - hope you have a nice dinner tomorrow and a real good time at Baniff!

Kayecee - glad your taxes are all done and you get a nice refund. Sounds like you'll be busy til about the end of May! Stop in when you can, though, okay?

Cristi - landscaping is such a big job! We still need to plant some wind-break trees in the back of our house.

Hi to all the others.

My back is a lot better and I even got the laundry and towels finished, and the eggs boiled, ready to be dyed. It feels good to be up and mobile, but I am taking it slow and easy. My son and his family won't be here for Easter dinner because Macy is real sick again. Poor little sweetie, she just can't get over it.

I've got a lot to do between now and Sunday but I'll try to be here sometime tomorrrow. Be good!

Jana

da fat n da furious
04-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Susan, I got to see the pics! thanks! I will get Monte to get the printer scanner hooked up so we can take some pics...I have one pic that was taken 3 weeks ago for theatre.
Jana,,,glad to know your up and about,,,can't keep a good woman down...isn't that a song? or is it a good saying? All truth in this case...*smile

Cristi,,,I hates scales and don't own one...should thou since Im going to be serious with this weight loss thing...specially if people watch tv,,,and Im on the show...

Kaycee you lucky lucky bleep did you see how much I have to pay? ya exactly!

Anyways Im going to go and hang with the family...
ta ta for now
Ang

Mom2Gaby
04-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi Ang.
What do you mean you don't own a scale?? I think if you are going to be on the show they should give you one or they just might make it part of the show to weigh you why they film??? YIKES......now why are you doing this again??lol- so brave-

That is sweet that you clean your diamond bi yearly Crisit :) I have never had a diamond but am sure I would do the same thing.

So, don't I look waxy Ang?? My face I mean in the pic?? Don't I look 40?? Don't I look old??? I have been using vegetable oil to take off my make up---it works pretty good.I can go outside now tilt my face towards the sun and crack on egg on my eyes and watch it cook....suppose to be 80* Sunday, I can make the kiddies omletes for Easter brunch.....lol

Jana- hey I am cheating on that size 6!! While I can wear them and breathe , they still kind of ride up the butt....very annoying. I am thinking another 5 pounds and I will be able to wear them comfy....and I didn't have to lay on the bed like I did last week so figured I could wear them,,,:)

THANK-YOU for the card Katie!! That was sweet of you :)

TTFN:)

Marti
04-10-2004, 02:58 AM
I'm late checking in I know......

Just got Jhanai to bed and I thought I would pop in before I go to bed. Today was a very nice day!! Beautiful. And I keep hearing rumors of it being up to 80' this weekend!! Any higher than that though and I'm whining that it's too hot! (yep...typical Oregonian here)

Jana--I'm glad that your back is feeling better. I'm absolutley miserable when my back is thrown out. Makes me feel worthless since I don't do much when it does happen.

Cristi--I love how my ring sparkles after it's cleaned. And it's just so pretty that I tend to hold my hand out a lot afterwards!!

Susan--I receieved your photo through e-mail. (I wasn't able to see it here either) very nice. Which ones are your girls in the group photo?

Angie--I'm looking forward to seeing your photo...I have this vision of you and I wonder how close I am. Once we see your picture...then I can tell you the comparison. (it's nothing horrible or anything btw....I picture you as this really cute outgoing lady)

Kayecee--James and I did our taxes the other day...(yep, I finally got my W2 just last weekend) and we both owe. Altogether it's almost $3,000!! Didn't like seeing that, but it's better than what we thought. Most people from Sony owe this year. Not a good thing. If they didn't owe, the came out even. (with State anyway...federal I'm actually getting back some.....crazy)

Shanna--Sorry I wasn't able to visit with you longer than I did after Michaels. I would have suggested going out for lunch or get a drink or something, but Jhanai was waiting for me. We'll meet up again soon.

Hi to Katie, Ruth, Kathy,.....hope I didn't miss someone!

Went to Michaels today and met up with Shanna. She already had her cart full!! My tool set I wanted was sold out, so I got a raincheck for it. I was going to get some paper, but I have so much and I have such a mess with all my stuff that I need to get organized. It's all crammed into a cabinet in my hutch. Don't like it all there, but it keeps it out of the open.
Jhanai and I picked up all the fallen limbs from the trees...that way we can borrow my grandparents lawnmower tomorrow and mow our "field". My dogs are disappearing!! Plus, I'm sure the neighbors are wondering if we ever do anything around the house.

Well, I'm going to check on Jhanai then head off to bed myself. You all have a great Easter Weekend and I will try to post...I have a lot going on, but I like to spend some time keeping in touch.

Nighty Night ladies
Marti

Jane
04-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Ladies,

I've only got a few minutes before I have to call my sister, but wanted to pop in.

Susan - the fact that you got the jeans on and zipped says it all! I would feel just as elated if I could get into a regular size, not plus-size!

Marti - a couple of weeks ago, Mary and I said we'd get together every Wednesday night to scrapbook, and then Dale had to work the first Wed. Then this Wed. I was flat on my back, so maybe this coming Wed. I am getting so far behind that it is starting to feel like a job!

Hi to all the others, too....:wave:

I'm down 1 3/4 more!!! Since I spent about 3 1/2 days off my feet, I was almost afraid to weigh in, but it was all good. I passed up a lot of yummy food at the restaurants out of town last weekend, and boy, am I ever glad! :D :D :D

Gotta go call my sister,
Jana

da fat n da furious
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Susan
your pics looked fine you haven't aged a bit since I saw you 4 yrs ago. Shows you how great it is being my friend,,,you never age. Gabby, OMG shes so tall...shes 2? Id say she was 3.
Marti, me cute and outgoing? yup thats what I look like...grin
Cristi, I should be cleaning my diamonds more often,,,did do it 3 months ago. And wow so sparkily

So our plans have been changed...grrrr
we have so many people coming to view our home today we can't have our dinner so tomorrow is when we are going to eat, but we can't go to Banff. Brandon and Adam don't show up till this afternoon...so this put a big wrench in our idea...I had forgotten about dessert for dinner so Ive got to run out and get something. Mississippi mud sounds good....or strawberry creame pie...
I got a recipe for yams,,,and apples,,,going to try that out. I like to try one new thing each holiday.

well off to Superstore I go...

Ang

da fat n da furious
04-10-2004, 12:29 PM
You all have a wonderful

:sunny: EASTER

hugs
Angie ;)

FrouFrou
04-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Good Morning ladies~(okay, it actually was still officially morning when I started this post!)

Just a quickie here. Our plans changed too Angie. :) Of course it is due to the rain. Not going to buy shrubs & trees because as you all know our yard is dirt, right now it is a muddy mess and to get out there and try and plant something, well, it ain't gonna happen. It's bad enough having to clean the dog every time he goes out. ICK!! Did get my car (mini-van) in the shop first thing this morning. It is not actually the brakes but the cylinder, and the light all they have to do is reset it. I swear this thing is a money pit. As soon as the opportunity arises we are going to get rid of it, or try to anyway. Anywho, hopefully it dries up soon.

Jana~Once again WTG on your loss this week!! :bravo: Keep up the awesome job your doing.

Susan~Thanks for the email-love the photos!! :thanks: Gaby is such a doll! And NO you don't look old! :) Now are both your daughters in the picture? Or just Rebecca? Are they excited about Easter?

Angie~Can't believe you don't own any scales. I don't know what I would do without any in the house. I am not obsessed with weighing but do weigh once a week to try and stay on top of it-so I don't get too far gone.

Marti~I don't hold my hand out after getting my ring cleaned but I do find myself looking at it for days after. Of course I do that a lot anyway. I like the design and the emeralds in it.

Hi to everyone else, Kathy, Katie, Kat, Shanna, Rita & Kayecee-hope I got everyone in there.

I better get going. Waiting for the guy to call to go get my car. I am hoping they finish with it earlier than they said. Not sure what I will do today since our plans changed. DH has to go to work in about 1 1/2 hours so I guess I will watch a movie or two. Finished my one book, guess I can start on the other. Going to go to Mass tonight at 8. It is a nicer service than the one on Easter day, but is the same if that makes since. It is nicer in that they do all the baptisms and they have the candles-it is so pretty. While it last about 1 1/2-2 hrs. longer than Sundays, depending on how many are going to be baptised-it really is nicer service. So we will forgo Sundays service. Tomorrow I won't be here, have several things going on, and who knows if it dries up a bit maybe we can still do some planting-I really doubt it but you never knoe. Anywho...hope EVERYONE has a WONDERFUL EASTER DAY! Take care ladies, see ya. :wave:

Jane
04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Just a quick note to Katie : got your Easter card today, thank you very much!!!!!!

Mom2Gaby
04-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Good Morning,

YAY , Jana!!!! On the weight loss!! YAY YAY YAY :bravo: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :wizard:
How is the back????

The Group Photo?? Only REBECCA is in that one. NO picture of Rachel. I took that group one at Rebecca's school while they were on recess. Actually all the girls in the picture were on her basketball team.Rebecca is the one in the CAST...lol......

Geepers Ang.....I guess we will have to be friends the rest of our lives if being your friend means I won't age...lol I thought it was the vegetable oil keeping me looking young.

YEP- she was 2 in Feb. Gaby is 37 inches-tall for her age. She is also a tad chunky ..lol DR's words...not mine. She wasn't sitting still for any pictures- took her to a library that has a pretty creek in back with ducks floating around and had to watch her like a hawk.......she wanted to jump in the wadder and paddle away with her new found friends....

Anyway, will keep working on a decent picture. Think inside shots give me a softer look- also I think I look really tired.Have to rest more and relax.....

Cristi- what kind of mini van do you have?? I use to have a Grand Voyager....I wreaked it though and the sliding door was a hazard- had to crawl through the front ones....lol- anyway, have a nifty Corolla now that works great.

So, I am on call and already have had a busy,busy morning. Rebecca came home with me last night and I helped her get a bath,washed her hair and all. Gabster didn't like sharing me at all.......kept pushing Beck to leave...lol-.....both were crying wanting to be the :bb: baby.....me crying :stress: :bb: :stress: wanting to be the baby too

We survived though!!!! We all crawled in my king size bed and went to sleep.

Woke up and ran to Starbucks and through McDonalds for breakfast. I had my usual Atkins shake and wheat bread , peanut butter thing- need some fruit though-

Weigh in!!!! 150 to 147!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Though I was teetering at 149 last week , claimed 150- but am claiming 147 cause I want to....lol

Oh- ya........emails to Kayecee & Katie came back for some reason- sorry. If you PM with the right email I will send again....

Going to Easter Egg Hunts now and hope for a walk this afternoon.

I hope you ALL have a lovely holiday weekend!!!!

Marti
04-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Quick post--

Congrats to both Jana & Susan for the weight loss!! :cheer: :encore: You two are very inspirational!! Now......share some of the motivation!!

Today James and I mowed our entire yard and I took the weed eater/wacker, which ever you want to call it, and went around all the edge! Boy...talk about working out the arms!! I did a great work out! It took us a few hours to get it all done. At it's not even finished. I still need to rake it up!! But it's getting there and it's getting too hot to be out sweating. (my excuse anyway)

Hope everyone has a very

:flow1: Happy Easter!! :flow1:

Make sure you find all those eggs!!

RAR
04-10-2004, 10:00 PM
HI! everyone wanted to wish everyone a great Easter!!!!!!!! thanks everyone who sent me a card I was planning on sending the cards out but got side tracked by the time I thought of it was too late sorry!!!!!!!!but you all made my daywell since I got ab at work think I will spend some time with hubbyso have a great night Rita

FrouFrou
04-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Just a quick Hi to all~:wave:

Susan~WTG on your loss! :bravo: Keep up the awesome job.

Marti~thanks for the cute e-card! :thanks:

Anyway, hope all is having a wonderful day.

HAPPY EASTER to YOU and YOURS!

Jane
04-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Hope you all have had a very nice Easter!

Angie - sorry your plans got changed! How were the yams and apples?

Rita - what is "ab" at work. Hope you enjoyed the time with your DH.

Cristi - Did you get your van back? Hope you got to spend some time outdoors this weekend.

Susan - :cp: WTG on the weight loss!!:cp: You are doing such a good job!! Hey, I didn't get an email of your pics, what's up with that????

Marti - hope you have had a great holiday. Does Jhania still believe in the Easter bunny? I hope so, cause I do!!

Hi to the others, hope you all had a great Easter.

I posted a new pic of myself at Jaded Photos and I look bigger in it than the one I posted when I began in Jan. w/ WW. Waaaaaa!!! The only thing is, the first one I posted DID make me look slimmer than I really was, that's one reason I didn't mind posting it, lol. Also, it is just a head shot. I wish I could show you one from when I went to Disney last May, you can really tell I have lost from those pics - 10 pounds last year and 25 1/2 so far this year. But anyway, I don't like that I look bigger now, because I'm not.

I have had a good holiday - ate too much, but not nearly as bad as it could've been. Gotta go watch the Jessica and Nick special, lol.

Jana

Mom2Gaby
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Happy Easter ,what is left of it :)

Jana- You are really very pretty! I think there was a failure delivery along with Kayecee and Katie's- maybe Cristi can just forward to you? I have the disc at the ex's- I couldn't send again until tomorrow- besides the addie I have isn't working.....lol,forgot about that.

Out of sorts today!!! Had all 3 girls last night and not getting much sleep this weekend. Can't sleep with soooooo many people in the bed.

Motivation?? Let me go back to 1998 Sept. I think this was a major motivation back at that time. I was 245 pounds and the girls were going to a lot of swimming parties. I asked another mother if she would take Rachel and Rebecca in the pool for me because I couldn't bear to see myself in a bathing suite-
I was only 35-
I sat there and watched....the girls were having fun but it was without me.
How much more was I going to miss of their lives due to my weight? Due to my insecurities??
Certainly there are overweight women that can get in a pool, I am not one of them though-
I also was going to their private school and the building had these long stairs you had to walk up- I would always have to rest half way up-
Huffing & Puffing
Certainly the scale wasn't going down- not that I weighed.
I did know that 22 size pants were becoming tight and 2x shirts were now 3x shirts.
So,,when was the *someday* going to become the *now*?? When was I going to be worth putting on the front burner and taken care of?
Was I really going to be a 35 year old lady afraid to take her kids in the pool? Was I going to hide in the back of the room so I wouldn't embarrass them at school functions??
Was I going to stand in front of the stove eating left over pizza in the dark (because calories don't count in the dark).....we never had leftovers!!! I always was eating after everyone was long gone from the table.

Motivation is something different for everyone. It is something deep inside your being that won't allow you any more to live a life that is not yours.....
I didn't have kids to sit on the sidelines of life.

Being 40 just has renewed those feelings because I want to live life at 100% not at 70%...
Losing weight for me just represents that I won't settle for anything less then what is mine-
Time isn't going to stop for us- time is ticking.

Does that make sense?? lol

Gabster is ansty to go.

Best get! :)

TTFN

Jane
04-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Susan, OMG!!!

That just about made me cry.... could I please have your permission to copy it to the "Why I'm Sticking To it This Time" thread??

You are such a success, and an inspiration to those of us with a lot to lose. I truly admire you for it. Words are failing me here.......

Jana

FrouFrou
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
WOW Susan! I just don't know what to say to that, and yes it DOES make a lot of sense. You really got me to thinking because I am the same way. I will not go into a pool or do a lot of other things because of my weight. I have to say I don't even think I am living 70%. :thanks: for that though. I printed it out to reread over and over.

Yes, I will forward your photos on to Jana. Of course with it being a forward I don't know if Jana will open it! ;)

Jana~I honestly don't think you look bigger in the new photo. I think you look beautiful and I can tell a difference. Got the van back the same day, Saturday all fixed and like new.

Well, just wanted to check in real quick. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter Day. Not sure when or if I will get on the computer tomorrow. My cousin is headed back to Colorado from Dallas and is going to make a pit stop here again so I need to get things cleaned and straightened. Not that she would mind what the house looks like. I do though, and not that it is a pig sty, just like for it to be nice when company comes. Did laundry today in between cooking, & touch up painting. Something I had been needing to do for a while-they did a number on the walls going down in the basement. Now it's all clean and purdy. :)

Tomorrow is a new day for me and I am looking forward to it. I am getting back on track and it is going to be hard. Wish me luck ladies because I am really going to need it. :lucky: :crossed: I figure if I can make it one week straight of staying OP I will be doing good. It will be a piece of cake after that, sort of. I know it is always going to be hard but I also know I HAVE to do this. I am so very tired of being fat. Anyway...this was supposed to be short. Take care ladies. :grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Yes, you can reprint it anywhere Jana - just touched up some mispellings though.

Thanks,Cristi ...

Better go lock up some gates and get the Gabster back to bed.She has been real sweet today.

Hope you all have a good Monday!!

da fat n da furious
04-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Ladies if you could of saw the tower that Susan climbed...was it 2times a day? Or once? Cause I have to tell you that it almost killed me to walk it once. But then again the difference in sea levels could of been the factor to my light headedness. I couldn't breath...

Yup Susan you are stuck with me for life...lol the benefits are worth it...no vegetable oil can compare to me...ha ha ha now if only I could look younger too.

I went and saw Cold Mountain yesterday...it was fantastic. I cried so much...

Had an awesome dinner today. The yams and apples came out delicious. mashed the yams with some butter and brown sugar...slived apples over top and sprinkled cinnamon. Baked for 20 minutes and it was perfect. The boys and I actually liked it. Monte hated it,,,and he was the one who was always asking for it...but figured out he likes the browned marshmellow gooo on top.

Well need to get to bed...
ttfn
Ang

Jane
04-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Hiya Ladies,

Marti - where are you? Hope you had a good Easter with your grandparents and other family.

Cristi - thanks for the Easter card and for your kind words about my picture! You are very thoughtful! I know what you mean about having the house just so... and I don't know about you, but I feel extra pressure since I don't work outside the home. If my house isn't clean I think people are wondering what I did all day, even though I was busy with something else.

Susan - I will copy your story to the other thread - thanks for the go-ahead on that. Who knows how many people (lurkers) you will inspire in addition to the Jaded Ones here.

Angie - thank you for your kind words and new perspective on the picture over at the other thread. Who's in Cold Mountain? Nicole Kidman? I think I would like that movie, too, if she is, because she can act her butt off. Did you ever see the movie where a doctor gave her a hysterectomy w/o her permission and she sued him? I think the doc was played by one of the Baldwin brothers. Tall, dark, good looking guy.... anyway, the movie had a surprise ending.

Hi also to Shanna, Kathy, Katie, Kayecee, Kat, Rita, and Skew.

My back is a lot better and I feel like a new woman! I won't overdo it, though. They found out Macy has Rotovirus... very contagious and hard to get rid of.... I rocked her to sleep at the hospital yesterday evening, and she is a pitiful sight with the IV in her foot.....

Well, I've got good news and bad news ..... and even better news. The good news is - I didn't like my Easter rabbit and gave it to Neal. It just didn't taste the same, and I refused to waste points on it. The bad news is, I had some of everything on the dinner table and a piece of cake, too! The scales shows a 1 # gain :yikes: this morning. The even better news is I'm doing the WW Fast Track Program today through Friday. That will give me a boost. But don't you think I am very very lucky to not have hit any sort of a plateau yet? Maybe it's because until yesterday, the only time I have ever gone over points, in the past 11 weeks, was when I had the strawberry slush in Evansville a while back.

Gotta get!

See ya later,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Good Morning-

Curious what the Fast Track involves Jana? Glad your back is feeling better. My mother has a lot of back problems-hope I can avoid that in my life--so far, so good.
Though I am somewhat leary of starting to run because of the risk in injury- and I don't have medical insurance.....blah,blah-

OMG-----The Wiggles are on!! So darn cute!! My fave is the one in the blue shirt........*sigh*

Ok.......snap out of it Susan ...lol

I walked the Astoria Column 10 times at a time for a grand total of 1000 steps--one way I believe....lol. That was all Brian ,Angie--his egging on and daring me to do more to where I was wearing ankle weights.....plus the 3 miles on the treadmill, I was in pretty good shape. Funny, but the place I manage now has the same amount of steps in its 12 story building.I can walk it once and I am pooped, so I have a long way to go before I am in shape again--
BTW-your dinner sounds delish!!!!:)

Have some job things to do but want to get this walk in first.

Oh, ya.........Alex wrote said he was very busy that Friday he left and apologized for not emailing- said he had a nice visit with the family and got home last night at midnight from dropping off the kids.

Pop in later-

TTFN:)

Marti
04-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Hello--

I had a post last night but I managed to lose it...and I was too tired to retype it all.

My Easter was very nice! Woke up very early (for me anyway--5:30) so I could get ready to go to my nieces baptism. It started at 8:00 and I live almost 30miles from my sister. So I was tired by noon!

Around 1:00 my family all got together for Easter at my grandparents. It was fun. All these little kids & babies!! I believe the youngest was 5mos. and the oldest was 14. And can you believe it??? I LEFT my camera at home!

Jana--I think you're bad news isn't too bad! You're doing so well everyday that one dinner isn't terrible...and that pound will disappear taking a couple with it!! I have YET to do the FT. I'm not exactly sure why.

Susan--Your story was great. Very inspirational. I'm glad you shared that with us.

Cristi--I know the feeling of wanting to pick up the house when company comes over. James is always telling me that I shouldn't worry so much. But I just like for it to look and smell nice. I hope you have a great visit.

Angie--That yams & apples sounds good! I've never heard of that combination. I also want to go see Cold Mountain. I heard good reviews. (not that I go by reviews...I like to be the judge of a movie!!)

Hi to Shanna, Kayecee, Katie, Rita & Kathy!!

My arms and thighs ache from raking and squating all day Saturday. I think I need to keep doing that to get my muscles used to moving again! My yard looks so much better!! Not an embarrassment to the neighbors anymore!!

I have some errands I have to get done so I better get off of here.

I may check back in later tonight.

Marti

FrouFrou
04-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Ladies~

Managed to get my cleaning done sooner than I thought. Not sure how as I awoke this morning feeling awful. Have a sore throat, headache and an UGLY fever blister on my lip. It feels HUGE, but isn't that big-but it does hurt. Good thing I go to the doctor tomorrow. My arm has been killing me also, so hoping to get something for that. She gave me a shot last time but it didn't work, actually made it worse. I guess I will be stuck taking a strong dose of ibuprofin. We'll see...

Saturday night mass was spectacular-it was just so beautiful! And Father Mike has quite a sense of humor so it is not boring. The music and even the baptisms really touched me this year. Easter was nice also but I am glad that it is over. I do enjoy the holidays but the sweets are no good. I didn't actually fix dessert or it would have been from the WW cookbook (low in points) but we had BD cake and ice cream. It was just a nice weekend all around. I hope that everyone had a nice weekend also.

Jana~I e-mailed Susan's photo's to you but for some reason MSN had this message about it being to big and a phot not coming up. So I am not sure if you received them. Let me know if you don't, as I printed them out and will just mail them to you. And yes I do know what you mean about the house. That is one thing about Vince-I am the one who says I do nothing all day and he says yes you do and then lists the things, like cleaning the house, the laundry, the cooking, etc...I don't necessarily feel extra pressure now but when I was first married I really felt the pressure.

Angie~The yams sound delicious! :T I just received your Easter card this morning and thank you! :thanks:

Susan~So glad you finally heard something from Alex. Are you ready for the big day?? Getting nervous yet?? I wish I had 1/3 of your motivation woman! I had the motivation like that and was exercising daily and I just don't know what happened. :shrug: But I know I have to get it back and thank you for sharing your story, you and Jana.

Of course I may have just gotten the motivation this morning. I got a good look at myself in the mirror this morning, naked! I was so grossed out. :yikes: I can't believe that I let myself get this way and wondered what happened. Maybe what I need to do is take a polaroid of myself naked and look at it a couple times a day??

Well, I probably should get going. I AM going to get a walk in on the treadmill and do a few minutes with the weights. Of course I don't know how that is going to work with my bad arm but I am going to give it a try. Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL Monday!

P.S. Hi Marti~guess we were posting at the same time. I went to the top of page 4 and went back to 3 to see if anyone posted while I was typing away. Anyway, glad you had a nice Easter.

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Afternoon----

I just had lunch which was low cal cottage cheese,albacore tuna and pickled beets in honor of Angie-
BTW- Rebecca & the Gabster LOVE beets ...lol

Rebecca fainted last night at her fathers. I am taking her in to the Dr tomorrow, she worries me. Her coloring looks off,pale. Thought maybe she was going to start her period?? I don't know.She did want to go to school this morning.

Wasn't the weekend great , Marti?? I miss the yard work, certainly will get you in shape fast!

Cristi- we have a lovely Catholic church just around the corner, I think the main one in Portland. The bells chimmed Saturday night and Sunday morning- the girls and I enjoyed listening. Their father was baptised last Easter, time goes by so fast.

BTW- I have your motivation - I will send it to you email - lol -

He (Alex) didn't say anything about Saturday.I don't feel nervous. I am concerned what to wear though. I did go into Talbots and try on some cute Bullock dresses!! Really very fun.......I think I wore a size 10- anyway- the dresses are like $148, which is waaaaaaay too much. I think I will just go with jeans and a nice sweater. Suppose to be raining next weekend and the long drive- can't get too fancy.
My mom says she will watch the Gabster on Saturday. I need to get Rachel ready for outdoor school this week, she leaves next Sunday.

K- best get the baby down for a nap.

Marti
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Hello again...

I ran some errands...forgot to grab a check to deposit...it's still sitting on the counter! And so is the movie I have to take back!! Boy I must have been distracted when I left! Then when I got back I took a look around and after my last post and Cristi's post...I started to clean up house!! :D The house was telling me it needed a good cleaning.

So far my laundry room is organized and my kitchen and dining room. When I went to town, I grabbed a new air freshner (the ones you plug in) and now my house is slowly smelling like berries. Almost too much...... :lol:

Susan--Our weekend weather was FANTASTIC!!! I am going to miss it this week. Why must we have rain? But I suppose the tree's and flowers and lawns need some watering. Which also means by next week the yard will need mowing AGAIN! I know which church you are talking about in Portland. At least I think I do. When James and I go up, we roam around and when the clock starts to chime......we stand and just listen to it. We just love the sound of it! Sorry to hear about Rebecca fainting! Jhanai has done that a few times and it always scares me. First time it happened we were in the hospital waiting room and she just recieved her immunization shot...and we were waiting for paper work. When all of a sudden Jhanai stood up....looked at me, lost all color in her face, her eyes rolled back and she fell back. The sound of her head hitting the ground was horrible!! It was so loud the nurses in the other room came running out. And I felt horrible for not catching her!! So each time after that, I made sure to tell the doctor that she faints soon after her shots....and she does. It's enough to send me to the hospital due to stress & worry!!

Cristi--I too need Susan's motivation.....do you mind if we share? :) What happened to your arm? I hope it's alright. Have you been doing a little too much around the house? You know, you have all year to fix up your place,,,,take your time. By next summer your inside and outside will be just what you want. I sure would like to see some updated photos of your house. What all have you done to your yard? My yard it just nicely mowed. :D James and I keep talking about all the flowers and shrubs we want to get to landscape it. That will have to wait until next Spring after he's been working for awhile. Until then,,,,I just dream about it.

Oh....did I mention to you ladies that James got the Railroad job?? I can't remember if I mentioned it or not.....I will have to go back and see. But on our wedding day it was the most bizarre thing. For weeks I had been joking with him about how nice it would be to get news that they want to interview him as a wedding gift. And everyday he would check his status online. Then the morning of our day...he checks it first thing and they invited him for an interview!! It was so cool. We were just all smiles. Then...after we went to the court house then came back home...he got a phone call from another company he was trying for saying they too wanted him to work for them. So....(believe it or not I'm not finished :D ) when he called up his friend to tell him the news...I went to check the mail. He got a letter from a trucking company who wanted him to drive for them, making more than they first offered. Now...how great is that to get three job offers on our Wedding day? Of coarse, James wanted the most paying...which is the Railroad. His first day of training is today.

Whew....boy did I just ramble on.....I think I'm just putting off finishing the rest of the house work. So...I think I will get back to work. Then it's homework. I'll probably take another break and chat some more. :lol:

BBL
Marti

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Marti,

CONGRATS on JAMES and the RR job!!! :dance: :dance: :bravo:

I just came back cause I have a job interview for Friday!!!! :dance: :dance:

It is for a Real Estate Company....YAY- just picked up the phone and called she said they would love to meet me -YAY-

Very Beautiful church!!! One time though the chimes rang for the longest time....when the Gabster was trying to take a nap...lol,, thought maybe they forgot to turn the chimes off- very miffed that day.

Best get-

Jane
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Hiya chatters,

Cristi - thanks for the forward of Susans pics - they all came in okay...sorry about the fever blister! Ouch! Neal says he would never swap jobs with me cause mine is too hard and neverending - boy does he have that right!! A naked photo would sure take the ol' appetite down a notch or two for me, too! It may just push me over the edge, though, so I better not do it, lol!!

Susan - you and your Gaby are so cute! And I liked the one of her sitting, too. But I forget which girl in the group photo is your DD? The Wiggles? I think the guy in the yellow shirt is the cutest - isn't he the tall guy w/dark hair? lol... Glad you heard from Alex, and whatever you wear will be just fine. I truly don't think you need to lose another ounce! Fast Track is WW's accelerated healthy plan to get a person started or to just boost your weight loss. The truth is, I probably get more on that then you eat now, since you are so small and I think it would be hard for you to lose on it. YAY for the job interview. :cp: Good luck with it....:crossed:

Angie - got your card today - thanks a bunch for it! Such a cute envelope, too!!

Marti - :cheers: YAY for James getting all those job offers! That is just great, and it has to make him feel good about himself. When you are done with your housework, you can come to Indiana and help with mine. :D I am behind with having problems with my back. Neal ran the sweeper for me, and that helped a bunch. Btw, I DID do my weekly challenge, but I'm not real good at posting at the thread. I know I'll get plenty of wadder this week too since I will be starving to death, lol.

Day one of FT is going fine - I am hungry, but that's to be expected. I get an apple and 1 cup of milk later - oh joy! LOL.... I just think a person should shake things up a little every once in awhile. It will make me appreciate regular WW even more, right? I hadn't been doing the glider ever since I hurt my back, until this afternoon while I watched the Young and the Restless. I don't go too long or too fast, but it does work up a sweat if I go long enough, so it's good cardio.

see ya later,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi Jana-

Sweety.......the girl in the CAST!! lol She is front and center.pink shirt and powder blue thing on her arm and a pink bandana (sp???) on her head,that is Rebecca.
I will get one of Rachel, she is a beauty.I think she looks more Native American,comes from her father side.
Though Beck is a red head- come from my Irish side.

YUM- sitting here eating a plate of FOOD--- you want some Jana??

You get a glass of milk and a what??? LOL.....poor thing. Certainly WILL appreciate FOOD when you are done with the Fast Track.....is that what it is called?? Anyway, I am teasing you. Just maybe listen to a lot of music and wadder helps me a lot....passes the time and keeps me busy in the bathroom.
lol

OMG- lets talk Alex.....
He sent a late email- his thoughts are meet at 11am , lunch at the Olive Garden, a stroll through the state capitol and perhapes see The Passion of Christ.
It is a movie we both talked about seeing- though I most certainly will cry- I am sure he will be thrilled by that....lol-
I told my mother and she was impressed that he would want to see Passion....I don't know.

I haven't *dated* much. It sounds ok......though I wouldn't mind just talking on the first meeting---- though it would be fun to see a movie-- and we have talked for the last 6 weeks......blah,blah....

Oh-ya........did send him the latest photo.He was stuck on the 4 year old one...lol....when I was thinner and ummm 4 years younger,,,,,pre Gabster....not a care in the world picture....lol...

Anyway, he was kind and said I looked not that much different ,that Gaby was cute and certainly tall for a 2 year old....
She IS tall.......I am only 5'4 to her 37 inches......probably should have put her down for the picture...lol

Anyway, asked my mother if Olive Garden was a fancy place ( I have never been there) and she said no...so I can still go casual?? I think I will.....might as will be comfortable and enjoy an *outing* probably be the last one I get for a while.....lol.....

ok,ok.......I better go to work.

Take Care JANA !!!! :)

TTFN

Marti
04-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Hiya again!!

Susan--Olive Garden is not fancy...but it's good food!! :eating2: But an awful lot of pasta going on! And by the way you post...I figured you were doing Atkins...maybe not fully but partially? I LOVE their salads and bread sticks!! I usually fill myself up with that and then have a only 1/4 of what I order!! (plus I usually have a drink with my dinner and that fills me up too :no: ) I think his plans are nice. I think it's soooo nice that he suggested a stroll through the Capitol...you can do a lot of talking then. And....if you really don't want to watch the movie (not on the first date anyway) just let him know that you would really like to just get to know each other first and spend the time talking. I'm sure he'll understand. Sounds fun what ever you do. AND...(am I ever finished? :lol: ) as for what to wear....you can still look cute in a pair of jeans. Find yourself a really dressy top...nothing to provocative (save that for later! ;) ) just something sweet. I think your sweater sounds good.

Ok...I'm finished mothering you.

Jana--You poor thing..suffering through the week of fast tracking!! But you get such great results I'm sure it's worth it. :yes: Plus...after awhile, don't you get used to eating less? Today I've done well with what I ate. I think anyway. For breakfast I had a boiled egg...(hmmm...wonder why?) lunch was a chicken sandwich and dinner was two baked chicken legs and corn. I wanted a salad but I didn't feel like going shopping. AND....(here I go again!) I've had tons of water!! TOM arrived and I'm sooooo dehydrated!! Why is that??

I completely forgot to thank everyone for the Easter Cards!! :thanks: Jana, Susan,Cristi...and Katie and Angie..I got yours today!! I have them all set aside for my scrapbook. I'm making holiday pages with pockets to tuck them into. As soon as I catch up with everything that's going on. (lots of tax crap that I don't want to deal with but have too)

Ok....I've babbled on and on today...I may be back for more so be prepared. :D I'm going to attempt to post some photos of the reception.

Talk to you all later

Marti

Marti
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Tried posting pictures...but yahoo is moving to slowly...and I guess I'm getting impatient!! So I will try again tomorrow!!

Mom2Gaby
04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi Marti-
I do like the idea of a shake in the morning and I use to buy Slim Fast but Atkins seems to offer so much more in the shake and is low in surgar.Also, I do try and stay low on the carb side in breads because I could eat bagels all day. I LOVE carbs-
If Olive Garden offers salad I will be ok or soup??? Crab salad sounds good-
Suppose to be iffy this weekend weatherwise- I guess we could always stroll inside.
Just kind of thinking how comfortable I will be sitting in the dark with a man that I just met???? lol...Maybe just do lunch and a walk?? Save a movie for 2 weeks down the road??
We'll see.......

Nothing looks dainty on me.....some weird reason I am large on the top- not in *that* area but overall....lol- we'll see. I get paid on Thursday and will have to move fast. I guess I can go look tomorrow in the stores and have something picked out??

Really need to get Rach ready for outdoor school also and the job thing on Friday *sigh*.....stressing myself out.....where are the OREO's?????????????

Hey!!! I didn't get any card from Angie???? Course I lost my mail key and haven't checked-

Going to have some water myself-

Talk later-

Jane
04-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Do not post here - go to # 42!