Old 04-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #145

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #2  
2BoysMom

Spryng! You look HOT!!! (Um, please take that in good way..LOL)
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:39 PM   #3  
soontobethin

Spryng, you look great. My weight was down to 155. Only 15 lbs from my goal. I decided my first goal wasn't realistic for me. So I will get down to this one, and then go from there. I think I need to check in more here and post, that seems to help me with my eating. I see some of you eating healthy, and it makes me want to do the same.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi!
Ricci, I think changing your goal weight is a great idea. Then once you get down to it you may find you like the way you look or you may want to lose a few more lbs.
Geri, thanks for the compliment! How is your day going?
Penny, thanks for starting the new thread.

I am sitting here bored and anxious. Why hasn't UPS delivered my package yet?? I am beyond ready for it to get here.
Well, guess I'll get off here and start looking for something for dinner. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Just snuck downstairs for a minute! It's absolutely gorgeous outside! I hate April 'cause it'll probably be about 30 degrees tomorrow! Had both boys out for most of the afternoon. Even took a walk to the park...pushing both in the stroller...gosh they're getting heavy! About 65 lbs for the 2 together (or more) plus the stroller.

Gotta go! TTYL
Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #6  

It's here!!!! I got my lateral thigh machine about an hour ago and it's all put together and I got to use it for about 5 min. It came with 2 workout videos that I can't wait to try tonight after the kids go to bed. But I am very happy with it so far.
Geri, so glad you got a beautiful day today!! It was wonderful here too. I took Tanner out for a little while. But I had all the doors open and lots of windows open to get a great breeze and to air the house out. I can't wait until I can do that everyday! How was your dinner? I ended up having hamburger helper made with boca crumbles and it was good. Does anyone know how long yogurt is good for? I have a few in the fridge that I bought about 3-4 weeks ago. Are they still good? I have 6 pts still I need to use and I'm not really hungry so I thought a yogurt would do fine but not if it will make me sick.
ok, got to get off of here. Hope everyone is having a great night!! TTYL!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  
2BoysMom

Spryng, there should be a date on the yogurt...that's the sell by date so you probabaly have a good week after that.

Dinner was yucky! I should have known I wouldn't like chicken in the crockpot. It gets to be too much like boiled meat to me. Oh well, I wouldn't make it again.

Hope everyone's having a good night. I'm watching Idol then I'm going to hit my sewing machine then to bed early tonight. Must be all the fresh air...I'm tired. Oh the forecast for the weekend is in the 30's ....Told ya!

Spryng, I owe you one so I'll give you a buzz tomorrow! Camille Valasco is singing right now and it's making me sick! Ugh!

Have a great night.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #8  

Ricci - So good to here from you. Way to go on the weight loss.

Spryng - Have fun with your new toy. I am going to check it out on the internet, did you say QVC?

Geri - I don't like that Camille girl either. I only glanced at it tonight. I think I can only handle one reality tv at a time. The Aprentice wins for now. My chicken never turns out in the crockpot. We had pork chops, salad, green beans, and stuffing. Should have done without the stuffing.

Crystal, Andrea, Ginny, Mary, Penny Hope everyone is having a good day.

Finally got to the gym at about 330pm, after I found no one to chat with. Well, Thanks for getting me to the gym ladies. I just realized that the brand of the machine is a precor. I guess you had no idea what kind of stuff I was doing. BTW, 33 min on the elipictal trainer and 15 weights. I was really ready to do more weights today, but JW was fussing in the nursery. Only a short nap this morning.

Tommorrow I am going to a Easter party at 12 with the MOMS Club. I am assumming I bring JW, being that the group is all sahm. Will keep you posted on how that goes.

Happy Tuesday Evening!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #9  

Good evening all!!
Finally got some real exercise in!!! It felt so good!! I did the workout tape that came with the machine, it was 20 min but only 12 of that was on the LTT and the rest was warm up and cool down. But when I got off my legs were shaking so I think it gave me a great workout, plus I was sweating!! I think tomorrow I will use it without the video, maybe while listening to music or watching a show or something so I can get 20 full min on the machine. But I like it so far! We'll see if I am sore in the morning.
Melinda, yes I bought it on QVC... if you buy it from there you get two videos with it, a beginners video and an advanced one. I may try that one tomorrow. I used my 3 lb dumbells with it to get a good upper body workout too. Great job at the gym!! You got in a great workout! Have fun at your party tomorrow!!
Geri, I did find a date on the yogurt and it said the same thing you did, that it is good for 7 days past the sell by date so it was still ok so I had one. It hit the spot. I love chicken in crockpot! Can you email me that recipe? I tried looking it up in the file I downloaded but it seems I lost it. So all those crockpot recipes are gone I knew I should have printed them out but never did.
American Idol tonight was dissapointing. I liked Fantasia's performance but the rest didn't do anything for me. And I agree that Camille needs to go. She's a very pretty girl but not idol material. She has a neat voice but not good enough. The red head needs to go too I think.
Well, I guess I should get in bed. I hope everyone had a wonderful evening and an OP day! Lets do it again tomorrow!!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

HI all I hope you dont mind me joining ur group, I too am a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls a 2 year old named taylor and a 6 month old named Teagan!! As you all may understand how hard it is getting a workout with kids goin wild while doing it lol...Im going to start the WATP tapes my husband said I could get them but until they arrive I have been taking my children out on walks through our neighborhood its a great work out!! Well I hope to hear more from you all !!! Good luck to you!
SW 250/CW 247/GW 150
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:09 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Welcome Michelle! It is great to have you! I am sahm to 3 boys, 4 1/2, 3 1/2 and 9 1/2 months! Hope you love it here

Ok Spryng,
I just checked out qvc! There is absoutely NO WAY I could do this machine without busting my A**!!!! It looks like you will just fall over sideways! Let us know how you are doing tomorrow! I did see that Windsor Pilates are on sale cheap there! And I didn't get a chance to post after I started the thread! What do you mean you need to lose a couple more pounds!!! Where at in your toe??? I agree with Geri! YOU LOOK HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!

Geri,
I don't know if I told you the other day! Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing wonderful!!! Sorry dinner was yucky

Ginny,
Thanks for the inspiration! I am still not back on track completely but I will be there tomorrow!

Melinda,
Where are you heading off to eat at? Hope you have a great day there!!!!

Ricci,
I know what you mean about getting inspiration here! This is the only reason why I have never giving up on my weight loss!!!! Congrats on the weight loss so far!!!

I swear I have been soooo busy today. I hate it when I have days like this! Then my hubby worked until 8:30pm. I am trying to get the last of the kids down and start on his paperwork, well he wants me to stop for lovin'. Needless to say he went to bed mad!!

I have a full day again tomorrow! Hunter has an Easter play at school tomorrow! My baby is one of the 5 little speckled frogs!!! Proud Mama! Then we have a parent/child activity day where I go and make crafts and such together. Then we eat lunch together and have an Easter egg hunt! I tell you this is the proud moments of my life!

Oh and I am so proud of Hunter, he received a black stripe in Karate today. He was the only one that got an advancement tonight !!!

Well It is late and I have no idea why I got up but I need to get back in bed! Have a great day tomorrow! I will check back in soon!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F8267.jpg (14.7 KB, 33 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:28 AM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Hi all. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post last night. Instead of walking I had to go to Walmart and I was going to park at the very back of the parkinglot but it was raining and I took Alisa and Ally with me. Then after putting up the groceries and I had to give all three of them a bath. Besides I never suffer from allergies except once a year in spring and guess what, it's spring. I have felt like crud. I ate great yesterday, I think I stayed below 1400 calories. In fact, I know I've lost some more weight, but I only want to acknowledge it once a week so I'll post that on Friday. Alot of you were up posting last night, lets see if I took okay notes.

Ricci - you definitely should post here more often if it helps you eat better. I'll tell you this thread has been awesome for me. I feel like I can do it this time.

Spryng - you do look great. And so glad you got your machine in. I need something like that.

Geri - good for you taking your kids out to the park. Do you have one of those jogging strollers?

Melinda - hope you have fun at MOMS. When you have one it's so easy to get out and enjoy stuff like that. I feel like with three I never get them out. Like today, I have a few errands to run, so they get to go see their meme. That's the extent of their days. Most days we stay in doors. In fact, in the winter, we become hermits. I'm serious, we ONLY get out when it is absolutely necessary. My son with his asthma we try to avoid anything at all costs to keep that from acting up. So have fun.

Michelle - So glad you want to join us. I'm Crystal, sahm of 3. 5y, almost 3y, and 16 months. I homeschool and am a Watkins associate from home. I only joined about 2 weeks ago and this place will be a lifesaver. So keep coming back.

Penny - wtg for Hunter, that's a great accomplishment. Anything to always raise the spirits of a kid. Oh yeah, and your dh will get over it.

Hope your days go great. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Looks like my post from before got lost!
Just stopped in for a quick hello- hope that everyone is doing great today.

Welcome Michele!!!!!!!!
Sorry not to get personal, just have a full plate today.
Guess I'd better go- see ya and have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #14  

Default Hi, all

Wow, you guys have been busy.

Michelle-Welcome! I am Mary. I have 2 boys 10y & 2y. Good to have you. I know how hard it is to take care of yourself. Especially when you are a sahm and have them all day. I have been here about a week and these are some encouraging ladies. Post as much as you can. Its therepeutic and cheaper than a therapist or trainer.

I have had the worst weekend and I thought it would get better yesterday, but.....
We had the passover meal Friday night and it was ok. Really just a regular meal with lots of wine. Dh drank too much. My MIL has high blood pressure so she cooks with NO salt. So I ate a little bit and LOTS of dessert. Well, Saturday and Sunday I tried to get back on track, but with Erik and Nathan at home and Erik not being able to go outside, which he loves, things were crazy. When Erik gets bored, look out. So I basically just stress ate all day.
Well, I got up Monday morning all ready to start a new week. Erik was still home from school, but I had a meeting with a new MOMS club that was starting. I didn't eat before I left cause I wasn't hungry and it was early. He's 10 and pretty responsible and since I was going right around the corner I let him stay at home. I was gone about a hour(btw, I called and checked on him every 10min), but as I was leaving my meeting an ambulance came flying up behind me, went around me and proceeded to pull up to my apartment. I was freaking out. I went flying upstairs with Nathan over my shoulder. It turned out to be my husband. He had come home from work cause he was feelin faint. He got dizzy and nearly passed out so he called an ambulance. Since I was home the ambulance left and I took him to the ER. With 2 kids in tow. Anyway it was a **** of a day. I had to go back and forth to my Moms and the hospital all day, where I had to take the kids. By the time I thought about food, I was ravenous and at this point didn't care what I ate. They ran every test imaginable in the hospital and it seems my dh is ok. He works 6 days a week, 8-10hrs a day, so they told him he needed to slow down cause the stress was gonna kill him. I'm like "What about me!" They put him in a bed with a dose of Ativan so he got to chill for several hours. It gave me some ideas. If thats the only way to get a break..... He's off till Monday so maybe I can let him babysit some and get to the gym and get back on track. I think I've actually gained a couple of pounds. I am so exhausted But, the day is early.

Spryng-good picture. Encouraging for me.

Geri-I've been thinking about doing a crockpot chicken myself. And I totally understand about the spiders. With me its cockroaches. Every time I see one I scream. And I am not a Southern belle. My dh says "why do you have to scream?" Its a gut reaction and he doesn't get that. When Erik was little he came home one time to find me and Erik on the kitchen table. I wasn't getting down till he found it and killed it. Thats the worst, when u can't see where they go cause then u don't know where they will come out.

Crystal- sorry to hear about you allergies. I have them too. I think this spring is worse than usual, cause I'm taking Zyrtec and its not helping lately. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes notes.

Melinda-glad you got to go the gym. I miss it.
I just joined a MOMS club yesterday. I'm looking forward to it. I have 3 sisters who all live here and we have always been best friends, but none of them have small children so I thought Nathan needed some friends. Me too, actually.

Penny-I noticed you live in La. What part? I live about an hour from New Orleans.

BTW, I read ealier about somebody sending somebody info on WW. If you already have it compiled and it wouldn't be too much trouble could you email it to me. My email is [email protected]. Anybody I missed and I know there was, but ya'll have an awesome day.

Whew! this was long. Sorry.

Last edited by ebeth2210; 04-07-2004 at 10:17 AM.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
Mary, sounds like you have had a rough few days!! You deserve a break that is for sure. So is your dh cutting back on work now to aleviate some of his stress? What does he do for a living? That is great that you joined a MOMS club. The nearest one to me is in Nevada MO, which is about 20 min away and I wouldn't mind driving to it but they said they don't take out of town members. Why? Doesn't make sense to me. O-well... I'm on my own as usual. lol. But don't worry about if you gained weight... most of what you gained the past few days is water weight from extra sodium and such and will flush right out of your system... just focus on the rest of the week being OP, get extra water in a few extra workouts and you will be just fine, and hopefully things settle down for you so you can eat better again. Hang in there!!
Ginny, so sorry your post got lost! I haven't had that happen to me in a long time, but if I make a really long post I will highlight it and copy it just in case and if I do lose it all I have to do is paste in back in and everything is fine. I hope you get to your WW meeting today and get a good WI!! Let us know how it goes!
Crystal, isn't it hard to stay off the scale when you know you are doing good with everything? Sorry about your allergies acting up. Dh gets them bad this time of year too.
Penny, that is so funny that you thought you'd fall of that thigh machine! I wasn't sure if I'd need a high back chair at first but I just played on it right after it came in and got my balance. I have to wear my running shows though to really grip the foot things. But then I feel like I am glued to it and didn't have a problem staying on. The only hard thing about it was when you shift a leg down you aren't suppose to let the peddle hit the floor and that is hard to not do. But it was a good workout. Got my heartrate up and me sweating so that is a good thing. Windosr pilates are now being sold at walmart so you may want to check there first and save on shipping... it comes with all the dvd's, the mat and bands I think. It's in a big box in the sporting goods section. That is sweet that you don't think I need to lose anymore weight, a great compliment, thank you!! But my abs and thighs really need more work so I figure with exercise and losing 12 more lbs I should feel comfortable with myself again. I don't know if it's because I have more fat in my lower abs and thighs or if it's from having 3 kids but the last time I was this weight I could easily fit into a size 8 jeans and now I'm in a size 10 comfortably because my thighs and hips aren't small enough for an 8 yet. So I need to shed some more inches there. My ulitmate goal was to be a comfortable size 8 and I'm not there yet. But yes, I have come a long way from when I started. I was a tight 16 when I began this process this time. So I feel much better about myself now. You are going to have to post a picture of your speckled frog!!! How adorable!! And congrats to Hunter!!
Welcome Michelle!!!! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3. Ava 4, Joseph (aka Bubba) 3, and Tanner 9 months. I just celebrated my 6th anniversary this past weekend with a wonderful man who is an over the road truck driver so I am a single mom most of the time. he comes in every two weeks for a weekend. But I am pretty much used to it now. I love that neam Teagan!!! How did you come up with it? Very pretty. Several women here do WATP and love them. I hope you do too. What diet plan are you on? I am on weight watchers. I don't get to go to the meetings so I do it on my own at home. I've been on it for 7 months now and am very close to my goal weight. I just love it. But there are some here who are doing Dr.phil, low calories, etc so you will fit right in with whatever plan you are on. I look forward to getting to know you better!! post often!

Well, I guess I need to get off here and hop in the shower. I have to go grocery shopping today for a few items. And I just need to get out of the house. I don't feel sore yet today so that is good. If I don't get sore through the course of the day I will do the lateral thigh trainer again tonight. I don't think I will see a loss though this friday on my WI because of TOM... he's right around the corner and I am starting to feel bloated. But we'll see. I'm going to check out that new reality show The Swan tonight after American Idol... seems interesting. Who will be watching the new Bachelor??
What is for dinner? I'm craving soft tacos so I need to pick up some lettuce, tomatoe and boca crumbles and I think we will have that tonight. Oh Geri, I did find my crockpot recipes after all and found the pineapple chicken. I may make that sometime this week, sounds good to me. Besides feeling like boiled chicken did it have a good flavor??
Ok, got to go! Lets have a great OP wednesday all!!!