Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 01:15 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for April

It's Easter Time here!!!!

Does everyone have their Easter bonnet and dress? I'm actually going out and look for that bonnet. Really, Larry found me one while we were in San Antonio but I wouldn't buy it. Now I wish I had. It was really cute.
I couldn't believe he thought I should have a hat. I haven't worn a hat since I was in 7th or 8th grade.

I don't know about y'all, but I had to re-enter my name and password to get into the board today. I wonder what happened. Did anyone else have to do that?

How is everyone doing? Is everyone journaling? I'm not and I better start again.

Please post-----let's talk.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  

Tina, I didn't have any problems getting in here tonight. Maybe something was going on earlier.

Nope. Not journaling, but I know that I should.

Tim starts at Arby's on Thursday.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:03 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Good for Tim. I know he will enjoy that money!!! He'll have a good time, too.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:07 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hey, where is everyone????
I don't know what's going on - yesterday and this morning, I had to log in my name and password again, even though I'd checked for them to be remembered. If this happens again tomorrow, I'll write Suzanne.

How is everyone doing? Is everyone cooking dinner on Easter Sunday? My whole family gathers at my sister's home. We each take things. I am to take rolls, cherry sauce for the ham and cheese grits. I'm the only one in the family (now that my mother doesn't do anything) who knows how to cook grits.
I buy the Lite cherry pie filling and don't eat the rolls. Someone else makes the relish tray.

Last night, I fixed some shell pasta and added 1 cup of green peas, 1/2 an onion (chopped & sauteed) and 4 oz. chicken breast, stir-fried. It was a great one-dish meal.
Tina
Old 04-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #5  

Tina, I haven't had any problems logging in here. Wonder what's going on?

My brothers and their families usually go to their in-laws on Easter. We haven't gotten together since my parents passed away. Sad. The three of us will probably just eat a simple meal after church. Tim may be working that day. When he goes to work on Thursday, he'll find out the rest of his schedule for the next week. Hope they don't have him down for anything on Tuesday. We go to visit a college that day.

Your meal from last night sounds great! I should try that. I think we all would like it.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:29 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Angry

I know there are some people out there reading------you need to POST!!!!!
Tammy, what college are y'all going to visit? That is so exciting.
I hope y'all have a good Easter.

Again----where is everyone!!!?????
Old 04-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Greetings,
Whatever was going on when I logged on, is fixed now. Yeah!!!!!
I didn't have any problems today.

Well, I went out yesterday and bought a hat. Yep, I did. When I told our son, he asked if I was really going to wear it to church on Sunday. He might sit on the far side of the auditorium from me. It's an understated (I guess) tan with a simple pink flower. I love it! It might be too much trouble to wear it again. I've been trying it on. Now I know why my grandmother had those hat pins. I surely wish I'd kept one of them when we cleaned out Mother's house.

Everyone have a great day. It's almost Easter. Is anyone saving their flex points for that meal?
Tina
Old 04-07-2004, 09:03 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that Easter is just around the corner. Wow, I thought I had posted on this thread but haven't! Sorry! Bad me We don't have any plans. Maybe I'll see if Pat will take me out to eat. Who knows maybe I'll just cook since everything will be crowded.

We get out of school on Friday. I took Tuesday off as well. It's been a short week for me! I like it. I could get use to a 3 day week. I'll have one next week too. I have my amnio.

It's rained off and on here today. We needed it.

Tammy, I love Arby's. Tim will love that paycheck.

Tina, how is life in your neck of the woods?

Off to take Betty (the dog) out. She is whining so she needs out.

Susan
Old 04-08-2004, 08:08 AM   #9  

We're visiting Urbana University. It's a small school about an hour away. My sil got her teaching degree there recently. We've heard that they have a great education program and Tim would like to teach.

Tina, I have a hat pin!! It's in this room in a vase that belonged to my great-grandmother.

Susan, he will definitely love that paycheck! 1/2 of each one is going into his college savings account. The rest will be for gas and hanging out with Jessica.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:01 AM   #10  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a WONDERFUL holiday week end. I am going to enjoy 3 days away from work. Happy Easter everyone......Sis
Old 04-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, too!
I'm getting ready to exercise. Larry has gone to buy another lawn mower blade---how exciting!

I was a bad girl last night. Not only did I have pizza, I had a piece of Dutch apple pie with ice cream. I total blew all my points out of the water. I guess you just have to do that sometimes. So, it's off to excercise now.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #12  

Ditton to the happy Easter!

We could use some new lawn mower blades or to get these sharpened. Tim is at my aunt's house mowing. I've been working on the back yard. The mower needs help. lol

Dutch apple pie is one of my favorites! I want some right now!!!
BUT I need to go get shirts out of the dryer. Bummer.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Today I am drinking lots of water. My eyes were puffy when I got up this morning. I've got to get rid of that!

Susan, I see that it's 59 degrees in Dallas right now!!!!! Brrr..... We are to have thunderstorms tonight. The Easter Bunny better carry un umbrella!

Tammy, I hope you can get online here, soon.

Sis, are you doing something special for Easter? Do you still fix your daughter an Easter basket? I still fix one for our 30 yr. old son. He'd have a fit if I didn't.

Maureen, how are you doing?
BJ, please post!

Tina
Old 04-10-2004, 07:16 PM   #14  
Susan

Happy Easter!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Tina, It is cold here! It's been raining and now it's cold! Boo!!! I like a warm spring much better. My mom sent me my Easter goodies. I'm 41 and she still does it for all of us. I love it!!

Tammy, how are you feeling? I know that ya'll will be SO glad to get the birdhouses complete. Did Tim get the Arby's job?

Sis, What do you have planned for your 3 day weekend? Something good I hope!

We cleaned out the closets today. I gave away tons of clothes & jackets. It felt good getting that accomplished.

I'm really tired today. I've just gotten up from a short nap and feel like i need another one. I think I'll go to bed early, Pat's band is playing tonight so I won't feel quilty.

Have a great evening..
Susan
Old 04-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #15  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Well, we went to my neices house for a family get together cookout last night. I made it a "blow it " night as far as my diet but today I am right back with it. I hope I can do this combining the 2. I think it will work pretty well.
Tina, yep, I still make my dd an easter basket. Although I left out that fake grass this year and just put it in a pretty summer hat with clothes underneath. I hate cleaning up that grass for a year afterwards. And she gets summer clothes now instead of so much candy. Hope everyone has a great Easter.....Sis
Closed Thread