Support Groups - Scale Addicts Anonymous #7

View Full Version : Scale Addicts Anonymous #7

Hotsplashes
04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
WOOHOOO look at us gooooo!!!! On to thread number 7!!! Today is bright, sunny and REALLY COLD!!! I'm even wearing a hat, scarf, and mitties! Haven't stepped on teh scales. Refuse to until the Sparkly Day Week Of Celebrations is over@!!! But I'll try to be as good as possible!

Hope to see everyone on here at some point today!!!

Happy Monday Ladies!!!

miss_elisha
04-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to let you know I'm still around. I haven't been doing the greatest lately--I gained a pound and it threw me for a loop. But I did my measurements this morning and I've lost over 9 inches total, so I think it's safe to say I'm still headed in the right direction, even if my scale doesn't agree. It will figure it out sooner or later (I just hope it's sooner!).
Hope everything is going well for everyone.
~Elisha

RavenToy
04-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been so absent. I have been, and continue to be, very busy. Work is hectic, I have a horsesitting job this week in addition to my regular riding and stable work, then we picked up a volunteer web design job for one of the humane societies out here, plus I still need to get MY site up and running now that I have my own domain - then move the horsesitting stuff to that, plus the web design stuff PLUS I had to get Quicken working for my riding instructor (she kinda boogered up the installation) and I'm sure there is much more I've got written down on little stickie notes stuck everywhere. I have stayed OP with food, am working out the water issues on the weekends, and my weight is at 175.5. That makes me happy. Exercise has been half hearted, and yesterday I worked at the stables and the horsesitting so much I really just blew off any "workout" - though I did spend a good half hour plus arm wrestling my kids! They're getting so strong!

I'm sure it's MUCH colder there than it is here, HS! But I'm still a weenie about it, and I'm really looking forward to honest summer temperatures. Where did the 80s of two weekends ago disappear to?? :(

Hotsplashes
04-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Well, my day ended wonderfully (sarcasm there...BIG time) so here I am..sitting here one day before my 40th...bf went to FLA without me...said he wouldn't have time to call me at all! not even on my Bday...i'm getting depressed....even when friends are getting me such nice pressies and sending me flowers....i get a giant fishbowl dropped on my foot...4 broke toes...can't work...can't go dancing....yeehaww for me.

But good thing is...I'm down 2lbs...even after the chocolate Lava cake and icecream last nite. Soooo I'm going to look at the broken toes as a pressie...don't have to work...get to spoil myself with the spa certificate my friends got me...and enjoy the whole week to myslef!!!!

little grasshopper
04-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh HS - I'm soooo sorry!!!! I can relate to the fish bowl on the foot!!! Sucks that it happened on your bday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

little grasshopper
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
OK, why did that post??

Guys, I know i've been absent and I'll explain myself later. Right now, in 15 minutes, I have to be at the office of the doctor I want to work with....and guess what......giving him a MASSAGE! ug. ug.ug.ug. I'm beyond nervous. I'm terrified!!!! I have days where I know I give a good massage, and days where I know they are counting the seconds until they can get OFF my table. I hope I have the first today!! I'm going to be selfish and say, send me your good fibes, thoughts, prayers - what ever you've got!!!!! SEND THEM PLEASE! This is what I've dreamed of my entire adulthood and here it is in my reach.........sometimes it sucks to get what you want.

I'll be back - just needed my support group a little :)

RavenToy
04-06-2004, 09:43 AM
HS .. Why did BF leave without you, business? And not even time for a call on your birthday? :yikes: Not just any birthday, but the 40th?? Tell me, please, that you and he have plans for something really special as SOON as he gets back? And I'm SO sorry about the foot!! How unbelievably annoying that must be! I think that would throw me into a full blown self pity party. Ok.. now...

:hb: :cb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :flow1: :gift: :gift: :flow1: :grouphug: :balloons: :dance: :cb:

*clears throat.. hack choke*

*ahem*

*warble* ~ Hippo birdies two ewess......
Hippo birdies two eweeeeesssssss....
Hippo biiiiiiirdies dear HotSplashesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *cough*
Hiiiiiippppoooooooo biiiiiiiiiirdiiieeeeeeeeeesssss twoooooooo EWEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS~

*wheeze*

:D :D :D :D Luv ya chickie, I hope in spite of it all you have a wonderful, beautiful, less fluffy day!!! :grouphug:

Hotsplashes
04-07-2004, 09:57 PM
HEllo Ladies! Sorry I missed Yesterday...twas very busy. Thankee for the Bday wishes and the Broke Toe sympathies. Toesies are feeling much better today.

Grassie I hope all went well! My post-good wishes are with you! And guess what I got for my Bday from two friends?? A gift certificate for a proffessional Massage!! She worked on my hip alot and it's felt great! She also did jaw massage for my TMJ...and my jaw feels great too...one question tho. She did alot work on my shoulders and neck...and that specific area now hurts and feels bruised. Is that normal? Hope the Doctor LOVED the Massage!

Raventoy! That's the bestest birthday song I've ever heard!lolTis better than the one my friends sang to me...Happy Bday to You...You live in a Zoo...You look like a monkey,,,, You act like one too!lololol How was all that Farm sitting and Horsesitting? Is the weather nice down there? We are supposed to be getting more rain and snow up here. Today was nice tho.To everyone else WHERE ARE YOU GUYS???? Hope to see everyone soon....I'll be on tomorrow again!! Sorry again for missing yesterday! :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

little grasshopper
04-08-2004, 03:38 PM
i did it again. Typed a whole post and then lost it. hold for a moment while I use profanity in whole new ways!!!!!!

okay. HS - unfortunately it's normal. As long as what you are feeling is like an overexercised muscle or maybe a bruised one, and not nerve problems, or numbness, it's common. It doesn't have to be though.

To work your TMJ area she would have to go to the neck and shoulders. YOu may not have known there were issues there, but there were. In order to work with those areas and not cause pain she would have to work very slowly and be very aware of exactly what's going on under her hands. Your muscles will push back if she goes too fast or too deep (it's a protective mech. in your body) many times it's hard to tell and we go a little too hard or fast and you end up in pain the next day.

It's not a good thing but it's pretty common and there is no real damage done to your body. If you work with her again I would ask if she can plan in the massage to work a little slower on the neck and shoulder area, before she goes deep, because you were bruised and sore afterwards and these massages are just as much for stress management (especially TMJ) as they are structural fixture. She should understand what you're asking for and then check in with you more often.

There are a lot of ideas on whether or not you should have pain in a massage. Personally it think less is more. If you can get results without pushing, you should always do it that way...but sometimes the push is needed. Most often if you are sore after a first massage, she just went too deep for your body (slightly) it's an easy fix though. As long as you were happier otherwise, stick with her!

Massage with doc went really really well. He was very happy and wants to put me in his schedule for more body work. I was happy about that!!! No job offer yet but good sign!!

I have to cut it short today. sorry!! Talk with you soon.

Hotsplashes
04-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Gees...tis just me and Grassie now. Today has been hectic with housecleaning, last minit easter shopping. Walmart was a madhouse. I'm glad I don't have to do anything on Saturday.

Grassie, thanks for the info. Next time I go, I'll request the same girl and explain to her what happened. If she don't get it...I'll ask for someone else. Thank goodness that I've got you for a sounding board!lol

So what's everyone doing for Egg Day? I'm going to my BFs parents to celebrate Egg day, My Bday, his Mom's Bday and his sis's BdaY. Can't wait to see what kinda spread they're gonna put on! YUMMMMMMMm...

SO needless to say, eating will be out the window for the weekend! I'm already in on the chocolate bunnies!!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone!!! :coffee:

I'm back off my easter holidays....we got back late last night, haven't got much time on here today due to washing, shopping for easter, houswork, kids school holidays so there are on here more than me!!! :(

Weather has been great :^: (for England!!) dry, bright and great for walking! We walked a lot over the last week, we took them (kids and ozzy) on a 2 hours walk, the dogs little legs were nearly dropping off. We stopped at a pub on the way back and the dog fell asleep on the floor and we couldn't wake him up for ages....bless him he was beat! :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear bout your toes HS :) what you like???
Like wise with your head Shelley....

I'll pop in again if i get a minute free..going to marinade the lamb for sunday now!!! :D

Hotsplashes
04-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Happy Good Friday everyone! Is there such a thing as a Bad Friday? Even Friday the 13th's are good!! It means the Weekend is here!! WOOHOOOOOooo...Weather is awesome. Got lotsa stuff done. Of course still got more to do!lol HOusework is never done especially with two dogs and a cat.

Going to be spending the next two nites with sis and friends closing down the local bars in the final celebrations of my weeklong Bday Party. Has been a hoot, broke toes and all. hopefully I can cram my toes into some boots to go dancing. I did it at Xmas...I'll do it tomorrow nite!lol

Bad news is...I've already started ODing on Choclit Bunnies!! Only one so far...but I know there will be more by Sunday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I won't be back till Sunday!!!

little grasshopper
04-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi guys! I know what you mean about those little eggs! they're yummy!!!! I haven't eaten any but I'm eating enough other stuff to make up for their loss....We need TF to whip us into shape!

My poor doggie messed up the pads on his feet. He's hobbling around all over the place and can barely stand at all. I did take him to the vet but there's not much they can do. He has pain pills but he's pitiful!!! Just plain sad.

Enjoying the break today! I will write more later!!!
Don't eat too many eggs HS!!!!

Hotsplashes
04-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Ohhh sorry to hear about poor puppy, Grassie! Use some Vetwrap to help ease the pain. Poor doggie.

Had a good weekend here. The weather was nice, easter was great, got nice stuff for easter and my bday. And ate WAAAYYYy too much food.

Just a quickie note before I go to bed!

Take care and see everyone Monday!@

RavenToy
04-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey chickies -

Grasshopper, what happened to the poor pup's feet? I know once in a while my dane will tear up her pads on asphalt if she's running too fast.

HS - Glad you had a good weekend and a good easter.

I'm still here, just having a little apathy attack. I'm still OP, still losing, at 174 from 177 at the beginning of the month... I just don't seem to care much right now. Too much on my mind, too little sleep, just .. :blah: I'll be ok.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

little grasshopper
04-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi guys! Mac is doing better. The Remidyl helped a lot. Made him look like a puppy again. So sweet. His feet are better though. He's not quite back to normal but he's wining for us to chase him again so that's good. One more day and I will. :)

Eating well today. Made pasta last night and am enjoying it. Had a nice breakfast and (sorry TF) exercised for about an hour this morning. I feel great! I'm hitting the gym tomorrow!!

Well, just wanted to check in and say hello!!!! Hope you all have a great week! Where is everyone??

Hotsplashes
04-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Howdie doo everyone. Or at least to Grassie!lol Grassie looks like everyone up and left us. Just you and me now!lol Hope Tulip had a great time on the Easterweekend. Haven't seen Raven around...she musta got swallowed up in a stall! Southern was by and so was Miss Elisha...a ways back. Shelley hurt her head. Seems we are bunch of klutzes!lol

Eating poorly today. Promise to do better tomorrow. Rain and snow in teh forecast! This is the longest and coldest winter I've every had up here!

Can't wait for the REAL spring to show up!

RavenToy
04-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Heeyyyyyy what am I, invisible? Go back a page and I'm the last post there! :wave: I'll check back in tomorrow... VERY late night at the stables. Need SLEEP!

little grasshopper
04-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Hee Hee! Hi RT! I see you....all the sugar got to HS for a second....:( HS, drop those bad foods. (see, I'm not as good at it as TF, because I just ate a brownie... there's too much guilt in my lectures for them to be effective).

I'm doing much better this week than last though. I'm exercising this week. :) It's miserable weather here too. Foggy and colder than it should be. By now we're usually sunny - but then they say we're below the level of rain we should have. Even with all the snow this year. Last year we had too much, this year too little...who plans these things??? :)

Didn't go to school last night. Wanted (needed) a nice night with the BF. So I surpised him. Guess what we did all night long......nope not that....we fought. UG!!!! At least it was stuff that had been brewing for a while and now it's in the open but I don't think I'll stay home next time the urge hits me...to school I go!

Well, off to exercise!! Roomate got a Gezel - something like that - and I've been dieing to try it out. Something's wrong with me...."dieing to try out" exercise equipment???????

Hotsplashes
04-13-2004, 05:09 PM
There's Raven!!! Wow man...too much caffein for that kitty!lol Glad to see ya!

Grassie, don't you hate that when you plan something nice and you end up arguing? Hope everything got all cleared up. and what the heck is a Gezel? it sounds like a german cake. yes...Dying to try out exercise equipment ...there's something ominous about that statement! LOL

See everyone later tonite hopefully! And yes today I am eating well!

little grasshopper
04-13-2004, 05:16 PM
:) It's one of those exercise machines where your legs fly back and forth - I tried it and I have to say - there's no exercise happening there, you're legs are just swinging - no muscle involved.

not eating well today. Was doing okay but fell off the wagon. Will try again tomorrow!!

Hotsplashes
04-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Ahhh Grassie...I too have joined you on that path. On the wagon, fall off the wagon. On the wagon, fall off the wagon. Maybe we need to hold hands to keep each other from falling off?lol How sad we are this week. Like you said, tho, tomorrow we can start again!!!

little grasshopper
04-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Morning!!!! I did something wonderfully fun today. Went bra shopping. I HATE bra shopping. The only thing that could have made it more fun was the sales lady insisting that I needed the $60.00 one and constantly trying to "fit" me. She FITTED me the last time I went bra shopping (this isn't a constant thing with me - she was this annoying the last time too, so I remember her!). I explained this and she STILL stalked my dressing room, extolling the importance of a well fitted bra. Finally I opened the door and told her I study pain for a living I know a butt load more about this than she does and she ALREADY fitted me......she got the not so subtle hint and left me alone after that.

I found two nice ones and am shocked at how old me old ones were! Nothig can boost your self esteem like new undies :)

I am posting my dog on dogster.com today. Still have to load pictures of him. But if anyoen is interested I'll tell you how to find him when I get done. He's a happy fella!

Not eating bad today but didn't exercise. The bra thing just threw me a little.....I will do a little at work. Boss is checking out early today. I will do yoga (somethig unreal about doing yoga at work). eating has been okay though. Staying away from scales and going on how I feel right now. (right now I feel like a roly poly - plan not working).

Well, HS good to see you today. How is the job market going?

miss_elisha
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Grassie--how ironic! I work in a lingerie dept. and we don't fit people unless we're specifically asked to, and that's not often. She's right though--proper fit does make a big difference, but it doesn't need to be done more than every few years or if you dramatically change your body.

Let's see, where am I? I dropped the 2 pounds I had gained back before Easter plus another one, though it's 'unofficial' until Friday's 'official' weigh-in, but maybe I'll drop even more before then. I'm doing well on exercising, and not terribly bad on eating, either. Still arguing with my family about the definition of "healthy," but I expect that to continue until I move out and start feeding myself exclusively.
Which, by the way, may be sooner rather than later. I got an email today from the HR chief at the company offering the job I REALLY REALLY REALLY want... he said the VP is on vacation until 4/23, but when he gets back my resume will be the first thing he sees. I'm so excited. The next 9 days is going to be sooooo long. I know, I know, hope for the best but expect the worst, as my father says. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Tomorrow's my dad's birthday, I don't think we're having cake or anything (we've still got leftover cake from Easter!), but we'll probably go out to dinner with my grandparents. We were going to throw him a big party, since he's the big 5-0 this year, but he adamantly refused. Oh well, I don't need to plan hors' doeuvres for a big party anyway, since I'd end up eating them.

Ah... it feels so good to be back on the wagon! I was afraid I'd lost sight of it for a while there. I think this has been the longest I have ever been off track (at a little over a week) and been able to pick it up again. I'm so proud of myself. Climb on up, chickies, the view is fine!

I hope you're all having a wonderful day, and feeling as good and as motivated as I am right now. I think I've got enough enthusiasm right now to go around! :D
Off to do yoga! Hooray for stretching!

~Miss E

Hotsplashes
04-15-2004, 02:57 AM
What a bunch of nice things to hear about! New Undies and lost weight! Grassie and Miss Elisha, I congratulate you ladies! So much better than I am doing. I ate a whole box of Honeycomb bymyself today. Closest thing I got to exercize was looking at yoga tapes.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!

little grasshopper
04-15-2004, 09:46 AM
I am going to have a massage this morning. Not a student (activate another trigger point and send me home in more pain than I arrived in) kind of massage, but a real professional massage. I am sooooo excited! I asked my anatomy teacher to work on me. Lord knows I need it. We're learning something at school that is new, which means we are all screwing each other up. Scary to be learning something new this close to the end - but here we are!!

I got on the scales this morning. 146. I remember being excited because I was at 133. I let myself gain 13 pounds. I keep telling myself to remember how stressed I was at the time and I'm much better now. I am keeping it in check - I was expecting 150 or something like that. But either way, I'm not thrilled with this number either. Definately something to work on.

Three more weeks of school! :) Tonight is my last practical. I'm not really worried about it. At this point I just want to PASS. I don't care if I'm a straight A student anymore. :)

Miss E - glad to hear you don't harrass your customers :) I hope you get the job!!!!! How frustrating to have to wait though. The night before I interviewed in my old job I was pacing the floor yelling "do you know how much money that is????" I was so excited....then I got there and realised I wasn't being offered anywhere NEAR that $$ - but I still wanted the job and was thrillllllled! Good luck to you! Hang in there for the wait!

HS - looking at exercise tapes has got to have a calorie burning effect! Think about it - you're heart rate speeds up as your head is conflicted with "I should really do this tape - NO DON'T DO IT - I DON'T FEEL GOOD...REMEMBER MY TOE??? -but it would make me lose faster and over all it's good to exercise - NO!!!! WE'LL DO IT TOMORROW - TODAY LET'S HAVE A BOX OF HONEYCOMB."

that has to burn something up! right???

Well guys off to my massage. See you at work. mrm

Tulip-Fairy
04-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Hiya all

Haven't been around much....feeling really bad about everything at the moment... :( Eating terribly....haven't walked as much this week due to kids being at home...hope to find some energy and enthusiasum soon!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Tulip

Hotsplashes
04-17-2004, 11:56 AM
I have gained 5lbs this week....think it's a combo of all that carb binging and the toes. Plus it's TOM. sooooo hopefully I will be doing better this week coming. I also caught that nasty spring cold that is going around up here. I feel really bleccchhhhh.

Grassie I love getting pro massages...feel sooooo good afterwards..and sooo...energized...I would like to feel sleepy!lol Don't worry about the weightgain right now...as long as your mental/emotional health is better and the stress levels are down. I too was an overacheiver at school...4.0 thru most of my semesters. Then I thought...who cares...as long as I pass and am happy...and i still came out with a 3.8!

It's all how you feel emotionally and mentally. Stress is a killer...literally.

Tulip: I hope things cheer up down your way. Maybe things won'd be so stressful now that kids will be back in school. Gees...another stress peptalk! Just look down at your siggy on here and remember that it's true...One door closes, another one opens. Hope you are feeling happier soon!

See everyone tomorrow!

little grasshopper
04-19-2004, 01:04 AM
Hi guys, TF, hope you're feeling better. You're right there is a lot going on! That's okay though - it's mostly positive stuff, right?! I hope things are working out for you.

This weekend I went to the ocean with my bf and his brother, who is visiting from oregon. We had a great time. Toured an old WWII battle ship and saw a civil war fort (patterned after one built in Russia two decades before the civil war). Was a perfect day with lots of yummy food and it is recharging me to eat better and be happy.

I have eaten myself right into hypoglycemic fits. Not bad ones at all. I just know it's time I be more sensible if I truly don't want my food taking control of me. I feel much more ready to jump back into it now.

HS I hope you are too! How did the exercise tape thing work out?? I rode my bike last week - not far, but I did ride :) that counts, right? I am planning to ride every day this week but not more than 30 minutes, then Thursday I am joining a group ride that is about 17 miles long. We got about 13 mph so that's about 1 1/2 hours. That will be my long ride for a couple of weeks until I can get my lungs and my legs back. I'm excited to be back on the bike!! I didn't realize how much I missed it!

Okay, talk to you guys later.....mrm

Hotsplashes
04-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Ahhhhh the wacky weather up here...after the huge storm yesterday morning, it got bright and warm and sunny. BF and I climbed tothe top of a chain of hills here called the Niagara Escarptment. ANd boy was I out of breath. But what a view. it was easy all the way back down. Good hour hike all toll. As for the tapes...I did the yoga tapes! very worthwhile. Eating has been pretty good. Needs to be better tho. I need to get a bicycle. I love bike riding. My last one got stolen.

Grassie good to see you feeling so chipper! just a few more weeks and you are done school!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

TF I hope you are feeling better. I am battling spring allergies. They make me feel horrible.

Well...I hope to see Raven, Shelley, Leanne, Southern, and Miss Elisha back soon1

Grassie and I will hold down the fort till y'all get back...

miss_elisha
04-20-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm still here! My motivation has been going up and down like a bouncing rubber ball this past week, including my motivation to post anything. Right now it's up. I wish it would just stay here for a while. My eating has gotten better though. I've gone back to counting calories, and if I end up obsessing then I'll just obsess about it. I'm doing fairly decent though. If I keep calories low at breakfast and lunch I can eat a decent dinner without worrying about how the family will fit into my meal plan. It's really helped that I've had most of my evenings free recently and been home to make dinner. I wish I could do all the grocery shopping! Have you noticed that healthy food is more expensive than junk food? That makes me MAD!!!! *grrrrr*

But I'm doing good now, and just as soon as my ToM is over, my weight should be back down to where it was before my.... hiatus, or at least fairly close.

Oh, and I just worked out a deal with a friend of mine. He's a massage therapist, and he's taking some kind of Mind/Body Connection course and has a bunch of term papers due. Since I'm trained as a Technical Editor, he said he'd trade me massage sessions for my grammatical expertise. I'm excited. I've never had a professional massage (I know, hard to believe, isn't it, Grassie? :) ) and I can't wait.

Anyway, enough of my random chatter for one evening. Hope everyone's doing well!

~Miss E

little grasshopper
04-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi there! Happy Tuesday (at least it's not monday, right??!)

My eating started out really good. It was HOT yesterday. One of my classmates brought in nutty butty icecream bars for everyone...she was so excited and everyone else was so excited.....and then....I was so excited. It was the best one in the world! Today is going to be different. I had my wake up call.....150. I went from 133 to 150. ug. I'm motivated though.

I am treating someone this morning and then I'm on the bike for 30 minutes. I don't care if I sit strapped to it hanging on to parked cars...I will stay on that bike! I got a tutoring job Thursday morning....Anatomy!!! Imagine all that panicking about anatomy and someone wants me to tutor THEM in it! I need the money, so this will be nice! But it cuts me out of the weekly road ride I wanted to join. That's okay I don't think I could hang with them yet any way.

I just found out there is a yoga class at my gym. Can't take it now - it starts at 5:00...but I can take it in 3 weeks :) I love yoga but have a hard time making myself do it when alone.

Well I have to get my stuff together for the massage. I'm very jealous of your niagra falls hike!! :)

After graduation I am spending a weekend in the Pisgah National forest. Waterfalls, rafting (cold water) fishing, rock climbing - anything outdoorsy you could want to do....that's what I'm most excited about right now!! :) :) Until then - I'm Jealous! :)

Hotsplashes
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Gees...it's Tuesday...here I was panicking because I thought it was Wednesday.

Congrats on the upswing Miss Elisha! Yes I've seen the healthy food is more expensive than junk food. Specially chicken. Which is why I shopt at CostCo. Buy it in bulk. Seems to work better for me that way. It also helps when I have the chance to raise a garden for the summer. Last year I had a nice plot. I grew Tomatoes, peppers, squash, pumpkins, peas, carrots, onions, leeks, scallions, strawberries, and zuccinni. Of the little 1.50$ bags of seeds are worth it because you feed yourself till November! And what a lucky lady to trade techspertise for massages! That's my kind of trade! Enjoy it!

Grassie, the trip sounds like it's going to fun! And look at you! A tutor now! In ANATOMY!!!lol that is quite humorous after all the panicking you did a while back about your anatomy tests!lol Good for you!!! I'm terriefied of running water ie: rivers, so you'll never catch me white water rafting! You are a braver woman than I am!LOL How's your puppy and his paws? And how's school going in general. I'm off to pay bills today...ain't that fun?lol Tomorrow I am treating myself to getting my nails done.

Sooo everyone have a great day!!!

little grasshopper
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Miss E - congratulations on your massage!!!! Make sure you let him know if you like more pressure of it you don't like a move, stuff like that....make sure you let him know what you do like too. That way he can build the perfect massage for you!!

We did Trigger point last night. It's a very slow moving massage process. You find a point and hold it until the person says it's not there anymore.....well I was partnered up with one of the guys that has a hard time staying awake....he fell asleep on me WHILE I was doing the work on him, and then AGAIN, when he was working on me! I laughed so hard!!!!

Well it's beautiful outside today! Perfect weather!!!! I am eating so well and I went for a ride on my road bike today. Nothing major..have to build up the tendons and ligs again before I jump into real riding....but something really funny happened - I almost got into a wreck with a squirl! I was going about 22 mph at the time....I was sure I was going to hit him (it would have crashed my bike for sure!!) Poor squirl! Scard me too death :)

I am unofficially down 2 1/2 pounds. I'm sure it's all water but I still like seeing it move int he down direction - rather than up! :)

Thank you guys for supporting me through a really rough and stressful time! I feel like myself again and it's so good to be 2 days into a good eating habit again!

Hope everyone is doing okay!! Come see us when you can - until then, we'll be thinking about all of you! mrm

Tulip-Fairy
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
hiya :o been away for a while again!!! :o :o

Not feeling much better so didn't want to come on here and moan to you all :( Eating is not too bad, i've been walking a couple of times since my last post...my weight is the same! (which is something)

I've had more bad news...my partner in the sandwich bar rang on Friday and has pulled out....she doesn't want to do it anymore, thought she did, but now she doesn't :( :( So I'm going to do it on my own, if i can raise the finance on my own!! I have an appointment with the bank tomorrow at 10am...wish me luck and keep everything you have two of crossed! :lol:

If i don't pull this off i have absolutley no idea what i am going to do...I am desperatly in need of money now!

Well you guys keep up the good work, and i'll be back on as soon as can must the enthusiasum! :)

Hotsplashes
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
congratulations Grassie!!! Down 2.5!!! Hay any downward number is a GOOD number in my books!lol As for the crash with the squirrel...i'm glad you are goth ok! THe weather here is off and on...sunny for a bit, then rain, then sunny again. Rather frustrating. I'm on Day 2 of eating well. And you are on Day 3!! Yay US!! One day leads to 2 days that leads to three days and so on and so forth. Like Raventoy says...one day at a time.

I was up ten pounds when i got onthe scale last nite, am down 4.5 today...of course as you said...it's ALLLLLL water weight...I'm stull up 4.5lbs from a few weeks ago. Tis all the carbs I've been eating and all that easter chocolate. But easter chocolate is all gone.

Groceryshopping was done yesterday with just me in mind. I'm not shopping for BF anymore cuz all the food goes bad. He can shop for himself. All he buys is junk anyways. I'm now cooking for myself and shopping for myself. Makes life alot easier.

Hope to see SOMEONE on here soon. Don't get me wrong, Grassie...I love ya and am glad you are here...I'm just wondering where everyone else went!!lol

Hotsplashes
04-21-2004, 03:40 PM
PS...Grassie does that guy you are in class with have Narcolepsy or something? I know it's not supposed to be funny...but it is...heheheheh

RavenToy
04-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm here... sort of.. reading, lurking... *peer*

I just have all this STUFF in my brain right now. In a couple weeks, things should have shaken out. But till then I'm so freaking preoccupied and anxious I can't focus on ANYthing.

I'll be ok. Really. I just need to not explode with impatience.

I already caved today, and for the first time in what.. 4 months? I ate fast food. Emotional eating.. stress eating. I shouldn't have done it, I know it, but .. I did. It's done, gone, over. I'm going riding tonight, so hopefully I can work some of it off. But that's precisely how tight I am right now.

Tulip... I'm so sorry. It's so rotten when you can't depend on other people to follow through. OTOH, probably better she did it now than afterwards. At least you know where you stand. I hope things work out for you!

Grasshopper - You sound so much more relaxed! I'm glad things are easing up a bit for you.

Ok... I shall return!

little grasshopper
04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi RT! I hope things are getting better. I know what you mean about just needing to eat and then worry about it later. Just take the time you need. You know we're here :)

I'm jealous of all your horse riders! I still havent' ridden one. Maybe this summer will be the year!!

Hotsplashes
04-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Tulip...How did the bank meeting go? I hope all works out well for you!

Raven, we all need to nurture ourselves. You'll work off that fast food in one good lesson ride..lotsnlotsnlots of posting!

Grassie You are such a good supporter! What would we do without you? If you ever get up here, I'll let you take a trip around the pen on Splash!

OK...noteworthy thing of the day. Has anyone seen the piece on the news that chocolate addiction is the same as Cocaine addiction? A study proved this. Soooooo since alot of us, me included BIG TIME, are chocolate addicts...does that mean we are cocaine addicts too? Even if we've never touched drugs in our lives??LOL

Can you see the bunch of us signing in at the Betty Ford Clinic for Chocolate Addiction?lol

Sad news...I am becoming a scale addict again...i've been getting on the scale twice a day for the last 3 days...since gaining that 10lbs since Easter, I've been panicking. However...I have lost 7 of it in the last 3 days. In know...Water weight...but talk about obsessing. I got on to the BMI site and calculated my BMI at my current wieght of 173 and at my old weight of 169. Did you know that 4lbs puts me at BMI of 25 which makes me 'overweight'. At 169 I am at BMI 24.9112 which puts me at normal. So here I am...now got so overwrought that I ate the half of choclit bunny of the bfs that was sitting in the fridge. It tasted aweful, I feel aweful now...go figger...So it's back to the grindstone....

little grasshopper
04-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi guys! HS - I just may take you up on the horsie offer some day :)

How is everyone today??? Still jumping on the scales?? I got on them yesterday morning and they said I'd gained again....I was ticked! But last night it was 3 pounds lower. I don't know if my scales are screwy or what?? But it threw me - someone brought Icecream into school and I had some - of course - can't let it melt, right :) :(

I'm back OP this morning though...can't let it derail me too much. I was driving home last night thinking "this sucks, I'll just be fat and eat whatever I want to eat." Then I caught myself and reminded me that most of the things I like to do require me lifting my OWN body weight! (rock climing) So it will make things a lot easier on me if I just lose the weight :) :) I'm better today.

Doing my fundamentals final this weekend - 3 treatment plans go with it. Some take home exam...I'll be working for ever on this thing! I also have my first regular client. He's free - because in US you can't get paid for massage work before you're licensed (maybe it's just NC) anyway, he's free right now but he's loving the massages so that's good :)

HS - on the chocoloate thing, you're right one. On the 4 pounds making you overweight - that sounds like the day I realized I qualify to be a plus size model.....very defeating!! Until that point I still thought of myself as thin.

Well guys, I hope everyone is doing well today! Hope the bank meeting went well for TF, hope you, RT are feeling a little better today!! How was the ride?? Did it get some endorphins pumping and give you energy???

Okay, give the horsie's a hug for me! Talk to you later. mrm

Tulip-Fairy
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
:( Too depressed to say any more!

Hotsplashes
04-23-2004, 06:32 PM
OH nooo...what happened Tulip? I hope you are alright! your little blue smiley face doesn't look happy at all. When you are feeling better, we hope you come back and let us know how you are faring over there on the other side of the ocean.

Grassie, I bet you can't wait till you start getting paid for all this! I need to go get another massage. All the good effects from the last one have finally worn off. I think this needs to be a weekly thing for me!!lol Gotta see if my insurance will cover it!lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

little grasshopper
04-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh TF!!! I'm so sorry!! Hang in there and come back when you are ready. We'll be thinking about you!!

miss_elisha
04-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Today's "official" weigh-in says that not only have I lost the 3 pounds I gained back since Easter, but I've lost 2 pounds in addition to that! I stepped off the scale and back on a few times because I couldn't believe it. :goodscale That puts me at 223. My goal was 222 by May 29th (my 24th birthday), so I guess I'm going to have to change that a bit, which is just fine with me. I'd love to be out of the 220's by then, and it's completely possible now. I'm SSSOOOO motivated right now. :dancer:

I haven't even exercised much this week. I've been awfully tired.... I mean completely sapped! Even days off don't seem to be helping much. But I have from 2:00pm Monday through 9:45am Thursday off this week, so I should get rested up a little then, hopefully. I might schedule one of my free massages, who knows.

My mom and I are cleaning out our junk room, trying to finally make it a spare bedroom, and we're throwing out a bunch of, well, junk. Dad was complaining that we should throw out all of our cookbooks, because we never use them anyway. Well, it's kind of hard to use a cookbook when we don't have the ingredients for any of the recipes! I really wish I did the grocery shopping around here. We'd all be a little healthier. I have just been the Queen of Willpower lately, at least on the eating front. :queen: Not so good on the exercise front. Only 2 days this week. But, since I only scheduled myself for 4 days this week, that's only 2 days I've missed. But I'm going to get on that treadmill tomorrow morning, and then I'll be all energized for work.

:lol3:

Yeah, right.

But I will get on the treadmill. Maybe I'll go longer, try to catch up on some calorie burning. Probably won't. I'll be happy if I make it my usual 2 miles. I tried to step it up a little, extend my time, but it didn't work very well. By the time I get to 2 miles (about 30 minutes) I want to collapse.
:tread: legs don't want to work anymore. So I'm going to give myself some time at this speed/distance/time to get my muscles and endurance built up, then I'll start upping the time once again.

So I've lost 9 pounds since I started at 3FC. It's been about 9-10 weeks, so I guess that's decent enough. Sure, I would have liked to have seen more of a loss by now, but it's ok. Any downward movement is progress, and that is what I'm after.

Now, if I could just get a decent job.... :dunno:

Anyway, good motivation vibes to all you chickies! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

~Miss E

Hotsplashes
04-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Congratulations Miss Elisha!!! The medical experts say that a pound a week is a very safe and normal amount to lose! GO YOU!!!!! I'm down to my "Pre Easter" weight too which is nice. I was really getting obsessed with the scales again and such. Now I'm happy to wait till next Friday to weigh in. And since you have the time off, GO FOR THAT FREE MASSAGE!!lol

Cleaning the junkroom out will be good excersise. And getting on the treadmill will be great too...if you are losing a pound a week with no exercise, think what the treadmill can do for you!

Hope to see more folks here this week! See you later today maybe Grassie! HOpe all is going well for everyone!

JEO1982
04-26-2004, 01:24 PM
This thread has a great name...I just couldn't resisting joining you gals, just like I can't resist stepping on the scale, just to see.... I do it so much....If my bf knew he'd probably hide the scale.... :lol:

Lately it's been good news coming from the scale at the gym so I can't stop myself from checking at home now....Since the 9th of April I have lost 6# :D
I have a mini-goal of reaching 199 by my mom's birthday (June 14th) and with 13# to go and like 49 days to do it, I'm excited that it seems so doable now!

Have a happy healthy day! :coffee:

little grasshopper
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi guys!! Didn't realize it had been so long....I hope you all had a good weekend. Oddly enough I seem to be the only one not getting a massage! :) hahah!!! I'll get plently this week. I don't know what I'm going to do when school is out and I can only get them every blue moon!! I'll have to start doing some trading :)

Weekend was good. BF decided to come back on plan with me. Apparently he went for a ride (cycling) with the guys he rode with last summer...they looked at him and said "hey, what did you do all winter - eat??" He's pretty down now. Am I having mental laps or did I already tell you guys this?? Oh well, either way we're both back OP. Not great losses yet but it's just beginning. I just want to feel good in a swim suit this year. :) Nothing major or anything..haha!!

Great to see you Jeo! Glad you can join us!! There are quite a few of us but there is a lot going on right now so most are dropping in every now and then and we're holding there spots until they are ready to return :) It's a really good group though! Glad you're here.

time to work now. buy for now..mrm

RavenToy
04-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Morning folks..

Well I may have bit off more than I can chew financially, but my gut is telling me I did the right thing. So hopefully things will work out the way they're supposed to, and this will all be good. We are in the process of adopting a new horse. :D I have my horse, my daughter is leasing hers (and we're on a payment plan to own her by the end of this year), and my son was going insane because he didn't have a horse of his own to ride. He takes lessons once a week, but that meant whenever we went to the stables to ride and it wasn't his lesson day, he would have to wait for an invite from one of us to ride our horses, and it was really beginning to depress him, poor little dude. And he's such a good rider, too... so ... we had heard about a mare coming back to the rescue center. She really did sound too good to be true, so I didn't even take Machine with me to go look at her. But you know what? From what I could see, she's perfect. She's young, well trained, is in pretty good shape, and has a wonderful disposition. She's 16 hands, is a dark dark liver bay and only has one little teeny white star for markings. Her name is Eve's Folly - she's an ex racer, registered thoroughbred. She's had almost a year of dressage and jump training. Now we just have to coordinate getting her from the center to the stables, and we're all set! My son is dying to meet her.

TF - I hope this dark cloud passes soon, and that things get better for you. And like HS said, I hope when you're feeling better you can come back and let us know what happened. *hug*

Elisha - Sounds to me like you are rocking right along! Congrats on the loss, that's wonderful! I can't imagine how hard it would be to try to do this if I had no control over what was bought for groceries. I'd lose my mind. So :bravo: to you for making this work!

Grasshopper... I'm just north of Atlanta. :D If you feel like riding, just pop on down and we'll toss you on a pony!

HS - Speaking of lotsnlotsnlots of posting... gah my legs are tired and achy today! We worked for TWO hours yesterday. No, not all of it posting, but dang. A lot of hip work, sitting back pressing deep into the saddle for the whoa and reverse, quite a bit of posting trot work with a LOT of leg to keep my little guy going because he's still kind of confused about this whole thing... but you know, he's doing so much better than I thought he would. We're having a great time.

Jenn - Welcome to the thread!! Hi, my name is Marian, and I'm a scale-a-holic. :D Congrats on your progress, and I think that goal is immentently doable!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm not quite as blue as i have been so thought i'd come and say hello :) Life is throwing me wobblers every which way i turn :( Bank was not good news, basically if i was asking for more money on a new business i'd get it, but coz it's a small amount on an exsisiting business...NO WA!!! :mad: I was really mad, upset, dissapointed etc...but now - a few days later - i can sort of see whey they were saying!!! What they are asking for the business really isn't worth it...it would be cheaper to set up from scatch but i don't want to take that risk...so after a lot of thought, i've withdrawn my offer and am now looking for a job of some sort...posted off a few applications forms today... :^: hasn't made me feel much better but hey...I'll get over it!

Funnily enough my eating ahsn't be too bad either...I must be growing up...no cake fests for me which has made me smile :^: (a Bit!)

Welcome Jeo....you'll fit in really well here if your jumping on your scales hourly...we do it all the time! :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys for all your support over the last couple of weeks...it really makes a difference..just knowing you all care enough to ask about me..even if i can't muster the energy to post daily!! Hopefully this will pass soon and i'll be back on form...just thanks for barring with me! ;)

JEO1982
04-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :D

Marian: Thanks for the encouragement - it sounds like you are making some great progress yourself! Reading your numbers makes me inspired that I may even reach 199 before June 14th, wouldn't that be something!

TF: Sometimes I think if I was around the scale more it would every hour :dizzy: As it is, I jump on every time I am in the bathroom...I'm hooked :lol: Anywho...Good luck with your job search and congratulations on sticking to your good eatting through a tough time! You obviously have the willpower needed to make it to your goal! :)

Tulip-Fairy
04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Weighed myself today and i'm up 4lbs!! :yikes: :yikes:

So much for eating well :dunno: :dunno: I must start from scratch and start a journel detailing all i eat...hubby is doing really well he has lost (and kept off!!) 21lbs me...I'm too busy mooching around the house all day feeling sorry for my self and grazing!!

Bad Tulip :sorry: :sorry:

I'm just going off to pull myself together and give myself a b***dy good talking to :drill: :coach: :rofl: ...will be back later!

JEO1982
04-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Tulip, have you been drinking as much water as normal? If not it could be all water weight.... I tend to not drink as much water on the weekends, then on Modays when I do drink like 68oz. I find myself in the ladies room a lot and always weigh less when I have been drinking a good amount of water... Just a thought ;) We don't only retain water at TOM, we do when we aren't drinking enough as well....

Don't stress out too much, because you'll get rid of them again!

Hotsplashes
04-27-2004, 02:20 PM
WEll I sent out a big postie the other day and of course...it didn't make it to the board!!!

Welcome Jeo/Jenn! Glad you are with us! We're always happy to have new faces to join us in our ever ongoing scale meetings!lol I haven't gotten on since Saturday so I'm happy. Eating has been good. Slipped up a bit and had a glass of white wine last nite. And I know what you mean about the water intake. Weekends it goes out the door...during the week it's great! Glad you found us!

RavenToy...Get the mare vetchecked. And from my experience, an extrackie that has Dressage/jumper training means the horse is all go no whoa. If you do decide to take her, I suggest you give your horse to your son and you take the mare. It sounds as is he will be overhorsed. Good luck.

Grassie, I wonder why it is that guys will not listen to us when we tell them we are worried about their weight, yet as soon as one of their pals says something, they panic?LOL

Tulip, I think Jeo/Jenn is right, maybe it's water weight. Get out and start doing some walking! Keep yer chin up and remember..when a door closes, another one opens.

WEll, I'm off, gotta go pay bills, then pick up some groceries...Salad, eggs, skim milk!lol

Take care ladies!

little grasshopper
04-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi guys! TF - 4 pounds won't be hard to drop at all!!! Especially with the way you've been eating.....you'll be fine in a week or two. I'm glad you're back with us though! HS is right - something will come your way...sounds like you made a good decision anyway. It's hard to give up on something you've been pushing for though, isn't it!

Well guys I went to the doc today and I'm doing better on all fronts. My bones aren't moving around nearly as much anymore, I'm coming off some of the supps he had me on - or lowering them ;) and I'm not showing up with as many food allergies either. All things considered, it was a very good visit. I need to find out soon if I can have rice dream ice cream :) I soooo hope I can!! I love - I mean really really LOVE - ice cream in the summer time!

RT - congrats on the new horse!!! how sweet that he'll have his own to ride too. Is he taking lessons too, or just a natural? It sounds like you're doing a great thing for your son! Sounds like you're doing well with your own lessons too! Congratulations on that too!

Guys, I'm having the best lunch ever :) A cheap steak (and I don't mean inexpensive either - this things is CHEAP - but tasty), steamed broc. with a tiny bit of butter and stir fried green beans in olive oil. It's yummy!!! I'm happy about healthy foods again! That's such a relief. I need to get back into my clothes - again.

Hope you're all having a great day!! Talk to you soon! mrm

Tulip-Fairy
04-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Thought I'd just pop in to say goodnight...!

Your right Jen...haven't been drinking that much water, especially at the weekend! So hopefully extra pounds will drop off as soon as i up my intake of water!

See you all tomorrow

RavenToy
04-27-2004, 04:50 PM
*lol* HS - Already vetchecked. She's fit as a fiddle but needs to gain about 150 - 200 pounds. My daughter rode her.. so far, she's perfectly willing to give to the bit, and actually needs a bit of leg to get her moving. On top of that, my son is pretty much all go no whoa. I doubt he'll be overhorsed here, but if he is, we'll figure out something. He's the one who wants to go jump everything in sight as fast as he can. The only reason I didn't ride her then was because I'd forgotten my boots and really wasn't keen on getting up on a strange horse in a strange arena in my running shoes... I could just imagine the pretty horsie playing crack the whip with me if my foot slid through the stirrup. Yech. And honestly, I really figured when I heard about her background she was going to be too fast for him, but it really doesn't seem that way. Now, she is a little dancy. She fidgets. But that's relatively easy to work out of a horse, and she also will yank the reins, but not to move faster. So that's another relatively easy thing to correct. My daughter and I will be working with Eve a lot, and working with Ian teaching him how to work with Eve. I think he's going to have a blast, and I think they're gonna click well.

Grasshopper - I love steak!! I should just pick up some roundsteak and grill it. I'd gotten snobby when I actually had money. Now that I'm totally freaking broke because of the horses maybe I should be a little less picky? *lol* Ian is a very natural rider already, and yep, he's taking lessons, too. He and my daughter both have their strong points.. his is balance. He just never seems to be unbalanced on a horse, ever. No matter what he's doing. I think he has a built in gyroscope. My daughter's is her seat. Her butt is IN that saddle (till she overbalances, which is her weakness) at a sitting trot, at a canter, whatever. She has those wonderful loose hips (I'm jealous) and she just rocks right along with that horse, and her posture is absolutely beautiful. She wants to do dressage, and I think she'd be GREAT in it. And then there's mom... *lol* I just wanna have fun. I'm so glad you're feeling so much better! I confess, I like ice cream ANYtime.

Hotsplashes
04-28-2004, 12:40 AM
funny icecream should come up. I cheated today and got a Blizzard from DairyQueen..and you know what...It tasted HORRIBLE! I used to love those things...it's been soooo long since I had icecream, I think my body is telling me it's not good for me!lol

Take care everyone!

RavenToy
04-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Isn't that funny? More often than not, the thought of anything fast food-like makes me wrinkle my nose up and make that yech face now. Once in a great while something like the Wendy's spicy chicken or the Arby's chicken club will sound good, but beyond that... *shudder* I just can't seem to handle it anymore. This from a person who used to virtually live on fast food. My daughter and I were talking about that... how we used to eat at McD's or one of them at least 3 times a week. Gah... I cringe now thinking about what I was doing to myself and my kids.

I do still love good ice cream though. *drool*

little grasshopper
04-28-2004, 08:41 AM
I wish I could say the same! All night last night I was craving taco bell. Somehow I managed to come home and make do with stream brocolli and chicken - but man I can still taste the Taco Bell. Horrible food too - and I know it - but STILLLLLLL!! :) I am doing okay. I got on the scales today and I am at 145.5 That gives me 12 to lose to be at my pre-binge weight. I have lost 4 1/2 since straightening my self back out though. BF has lost 5 since friday and is whining about not losing any weight........I could pop his head right off his little shoulders for that!!

I could list Ice creams I like all day long - I'm going to pick up the rice dream this week and see if I can have it :) wish me luck :) :)

I'll pop back in later today - talk to everyone soon.

PS - only on the scales twice today and it's 7:46am - is that an inprovement? hee hee! :) :)

JEO1982
04-28-2004, 11:10 AM
LOL...It's funny that you should be saying you were craving Taco Bell...Because I had it last night :o But you want to know the best part? I don't have to feel bad because I was still only at 1237 calories for the entire day :) I didn't have to like a :sumo: for eatting it....hehe... maybe I should though :dunno:

I did great on water yesterday too... I had 84.5 fl. oz. throughout the day...No wonder I had to get up at 2:30AM.... :lol3:

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, but elected to do an exercise tape instead...I did my "Bellydance: Fitness for Beginner - Hips, Buns & Thighs"...Now that probably would have been funny to watch :joker:

Hope everyone is having a healthily happy day!

little grasshopper
04-28-2004, 02:44 PM
How funny! I have a belly dancing tape too - and I hope no one EVER sees me doing it! It's a lot of fun to do though and gives me a good workout.

I tried to ride today. It was cold this morning and i didn't really take that into consideration - cold air hitting my lungs and I tried to go too fast too soon. I didn't get far. :) Feel good to exercising though, even if it was just a bit.

Trying to get better on my water intake. I drink in spurts. Tons and tons and then one day I'll hit the afternoon and realize I haven't had any yet that day! Today is good though.

This weekend I'm doing a 5k walk for the SPC. I hope I can actually walk 5K :) :(

BTW - Jen, I like your quote :) perfect!!

JEO1982
04-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I only do my BellyDance Tapes when NO ONE is home just for that reason....I'm not much of the performing type and I don't need anyone watching and laughing at me...no thank you....But they are fun, so I do them when I have no potential audience members...LOL

And I love that quote too... Dr. Seuss was a wise man ;)

little grasshopper
04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
wait - JEN - you had TACO BELL!!!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!! I'm still craving that taco. May have to have one this weekend so that a minor craving doesn't turn into a full blown fall from the wagon......we'll see. It's wednesday - the weekend is just so far away :)

LOVE2C135
04-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi - This is my very first post. You got my attention with the scale addicts title. I too am a scale addict, and probably weigh about 3 times a day (at least). I'd really like to cut back to once a week but I think I may be compulsive.

The belly dancing caught my attention too. When I was younger I had a friend who would perform and she got me involved. Once upon a time I used to actually dance in front of people (about 50lbs ago) in restuarants. Those days are long gone.

I accidentally stumbled upon this site the other day and thought I would give it a shot. I've slowly been losing weight through the years but have recently been REALLY discouraged. I've been stuck at the same weight for at least two weeks despite exercise and healthy eating. I'm hoping this will give me the boost I need. My highest weight was 239. Right now I'm at 183, but would like to be 135.

Kerri
Any helpful hints on getting off a plateau would be helpful.

JEO1982
04-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Welcome Kerri! This site is definitely the place to get the encouragement you need...

Have you tried adjust you diet a little bit? Some times when you hit a plateau, you need to just shake things up a bit....It's worth a shot ;)

Hotsplashes
04-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Hi Keri! Welcome to the SAA! I too am a multi weigher. My worst was getting on every hour or so if I had the chance. I see you too are going for what seems to be the magic weight of 135. That's my goal too. When I started SAA I was at 199. I am now down to 169 but have been up and down the numbers.

As for shaking up the plateau...JeoJenn is right...tweaking your diet..like cutting out bread and white anything, like sugar, pasta, anything like that. You might also need to up your excercise too. Or change the way you exercise. Lots of little things you can do to bust that plateau.

And Ladies!! All this talk of icecream and tacobell is making me crave...it's not making me hungry...just crave. Funny tho, cuz my mind is going Yessssss...my body is going NOOOOOOOOOO...

I've eating great all day...just gotta up my water intake.

Glad to have everyone aboard!!

little grasshopper
04-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Kerri!! Welcome aboard! I agree with Jen and HS - sometimes if I even just change my exercise routine - like instead of doing 30 minutes of cycling or running - I'll do 20 and do intervals. That's works. Of, if you like to walk - play tennis one night or ride a bike...things like that.

The belly dancing in public is cool. I had a little cousin growing up that danced and she did it EVERYWHERE! I was always so jealous of her - because she was tiny and bendy - knew it too. :) We're about the same now though, but she still thinks she's tiny and bendy.

okay, I'm having chicken and brocolli again. Salad tonight - again. Someone breath life into this for me. I can't really spice it up. Can't have the spices.....but on the good front I'm at 144 now. That's one more pound down....11 to go to get to my pre freak out weight.....19 to get to my goal. Talk to everyone soon!! mrm

little grasshopper
04-29-2004, 03:22 PM
hi guys - just wanted to let you know...Self Magazine has a "body challenge" or something like that where they give you exercises and you do them slowly and buid over time to make changes in your body. It looks like a good, balanced and practical program and it takes 20 minutes to do. You just have to get one of the stretchy bands and a door. I did it today to see what I thought and I liked it. I'm not overworked at all and I can feel all of my muscles :) The best part is you can make it easier or harder and because you're working a short time you are more likely to work harder...

Hotsplashes
04-29-2004, 06:01 PM
I got last month's Self book..need to get this month's!lol Yes the workouts look good...just need the band now!lol Ate well yestrday...then found some left over easter chocolate in the fridge and finished it off...i'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. I find this is my way of avoiding the daily scale weigh ins....I eat poorly once and I'm afraid to get on the scales for fear of seeing a 10lb gain over night. Tis the late nite eating that is my downfall. Need to fix it fast!

Tulip-Fairy
04-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I've had real trouble get into the site this morning...also my smilies aren't working?? :-(

I've been reading through our posts and boy are you a horsie lot...! I hope that doesn't become a requirement of the membership to this group?? I'd have to quit yesterday!!!!! Frighten of the big things is putting it mildy!!! My daughters used (!) to be really keen and i would take them and stand in the corner of the shed thing (see i don't even know the terminology!) and quiver, to my kids great amusement...and the time Claire fell off one, then jumped straight back on was the worst day of my life...even worse than the day i stepped on my scales and seen my heaviest weight!!!!!! I took them for as long as the bugged me to go, if they didn't ask i didn't take them and thankfully the "I love horses" faze only seen a couple of months...bad parent i know but i tried and they have so many other interests!!

HS answer me this...You think you've put on 10lbs just by eating the left over chocolate easter eggs...MY GOD WOMEN...how much chocolate was there left over????????? A fridge full???? I have some advice for your late night eating...
a) Put a timer alarm lock fitted to the fridge door, only allowing access during day light hours only!
b) Lock yourself out of the kitchen during day light hours
or
c) Make sure your fridge is full of healthy alternatives already prepared ready for those late night snack attacks!
I'm not sure what type of things you can eat, but as a big foodie i can make loads of suggestions...I keep crudites chopped up ready with a healthy dip ready to be dipped into. Fruit salad or regular stuff chopped in a bowl ready to eat!
What diet is everyone following??

JeoJenn - thanks for your little pep talk about the water intake..I have spent the last couple of day's concentrating on having loads of water and i feel much better and have managed to drop a couple of pounds...also TOM is here which probably explains both my mood and my water retention!!! doh!

Grassie - you exercise freak you....I'm not saving you a place on my speical couch any more...!! Anyway i'm not sat on it as much as i used to be now anyway...I walked for 30 mins again yesterday (not loads I know but all added up together has got to help!!) right????
With your salad can you have an oil dressing? I have loads of recipes for healthy salads, let me know what you are allowed and i'll try to post some up for you!

Welcome Kerri....weighing three times a day is one thing but going cold turkey to once a week is a bit drastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could never cope with that...
Have you tried just doing it once a day? First thing in the morning, after the visit to the bathroom, butt naked..it yeilds the lowest weight, anything after that is going to be higher..so why torture yourself, wait until the following morning and do it all again like the rest of us!!!!!!!!!! LOL

RT - McD's 3 times a week??????? EEEEUYUCK!!!!! we call them MuckBurgers over here, seriously don't like fast food anymore..the kids will ask for a pizza occasionally but it's usually for the adventure of going out rather than for the food that we eat! Since i've lost my job we havent eaten out except when on holiday and that is at a really nice restaurant serving fresh local produce!!! Don't you feel so much better for eating real food?

Well as you can see by the lenght of my post, I'm feeling back to my old self again (don't know for how long though!) I'm eating really well, haven't had an alcoholic drink since last saturday (I do like my glass of wine with my evening meal, but have forgone it all week- how good am i?) Exercise is in moderation but gets better when the weather picks up...we've had a mini heatwave here, we were all sat in our shorts last weekend, it was sooo nice, it's now raining again but what do you expect it is England after all!!!
I had an informal interview on Monday as a play specialist, which looks promising and have another booked on wednesday for a support worker for young adults with learning difficulties so it's looking positive on the work front! Oh and my uncle is opening a greek restauraunt in the town at the end of May so if i haven't found anything by then, i'm go help him out (not such a good move for hte diet tho-)

Well that's enough of my ramblings...I'll love you and leave you for now...have a good weekend...watch those calories they hide everywhere at the weekends!

JEO1982
04-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Tulip! I figured that at least some of it was water weight and TOM probably means you will be rid of the rest soon..Way to go! :D

I'm with you on the horse thing.... I am afraid of them myself and have been trying to slowly get over my fear...My sister was bite by one when we were young and my mom always kept up away from them... Then my little niece started riding and she kept asking me when I was going to come watch...OMG was that one of the worst experiences of my life... a boarder was riding her horse in the same arena thing with her head down and her horse brushed my nieces and he got spooked... He bucked up and my niece went flying....landed on her head and shoulders... we spent the evening in the hospital... The poor thing didn't understand...she was crying and kept saying "Why did Cody do that to me?" :( It was terrible.... One thing that helped me ease my fears some was seeing the handi-cap children light up when they got to ride the horse and how well the horse behaved with these children, it was pretty amazing....

Also, on the topic of weighing ourselves, I was all excited because I weighed myself at home and it said 210, so I went to the gym where I normally weigh myself for an official weight and it still said 212... so I am kinda bummed this morning, especially considering I did so well this week, calories never went over 1300 and I exercised everyday, gym on Monday, Wednesday and this morning, and Bellydance DVDs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (x2)...and the scale did not budge :(

Hotsplashes
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Howdie doodie ladies...tis been a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to get on the puter till now..even this entry will be short...eating sucked. Stress eating...yes not only am I scale addict, I am a stress eater! For shame..a double dose!!lol

See everyone Monday!

LOVE2C135
05-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the replies! I posted and then couldn't find where I had posted!!! Sooo new to this.

I think I will go to weighing just once in the morning, like I already do. No more night weighs or mid day weighs on the weekend. Bad, bad, bad...

I'm thinking the sugar free snacks may be doing me in. I'm doing low carb and had heard that you can deduct sugar alcohols from the total carbs. Anyway, I heard from some people that it can stall your progress a bit. I'll try to do without them for a while and see what happens. I also bumped my jogging up a bit to 3.5 miles at a time. I really hope that helps too.

I just get sooo discouraged when the scale doesn't move. I wish I could just be happy knowing I'm making better choices for my body. Why oh why can't that just be good enough?! I really shouldn't be letting a scale make me feel so bad when it doesn't register what I think it should.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. This site has already helped so much. It very nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle.

Tulip-Fairy
05-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Bank Holiday Monday = No school or work....Bliss!!!

Had a great day even though the weather is terrible...cleaned the house from top to bottome (how many calories burnt???) Spent the rest of the day supervising my 12 year old in the kitchen and reading my book!!!!

Food intake = good
Alcohol intake = bad
Water intake = Excellent (due to alcohol intake making me thristy!!!!)

See you in the week..hope you've had a good weekend?!

JEO1982
05-03-2004, 02:01 PM
I wish I had a holiday today...I have to wait to the end of the month to get the day off...Anywho, I'm sure that cleaning house burns a lot of calories, it's great to make good use of a day off! ;)

little grasshopper
05-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi guys - weekend was awful BUT not as awful as it could have been :) I managed to eat chocolate once each day and not let it turn me into a cookie monster and I'm okay getting back on track this morning. :) I'll take that :)

Kerri - sometimes I'll stall for 4-6 weeks at a time and it drives me ape crazy!! Then one week I'll drop 5 pounds from no where....and be back on track again. I've heard the SF candy can get you too - it makes me sick, sick, sick!! Still haven't found one I can do. So I just wait and if I must have it I eat the most natural thing I can find. - won't help me lose weight but atleast I'm not stuck in the bathroom all day :) Oh and running 3.5 miles per day - we're going to have to vote on this and see how we all feel about it. In case you haven't noticed we're kind of lacking in the exercise department here....:) just kidding!! That's great that you're running so well!!! Keep that water intake up and keep running and you've got to drop weight - try using a tape measure for a while too......a lot times that will change first. Looks like TF and I will use you as our motivator to get moving :)

Raining here today - finals week and moving a little at a time. lots of good stuff going on (not the rain, it's not that great). Exciting week though - either way :) I hope you're all having one too!! Talk to you soon. mrm

LOVE2C135
05-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the input. I had three different types of sugar free candy in my work drawer that just went in the garbage can. I was reading on some other posts about them and I have decided they are just plain evil. No more. I was also feeling my sugar cravings coming back. I hope not eating them now will get that back under control. I'm making Thursday my weigh day (for reporting anyway) so hopefully the scale will move by then.

Take care and have a great day!

JEO1982
05-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I just wanted to post a quick update before I hop in the shower... I weighed myself when I was at the gym, even though I know your weight is lower in the morning, and I was down to 210.5# which makes me wish I had weighed myself in the morning. ;)

But I am happy to take what I got since I am now officially 20% done with my 50#... :dancer:

10# down 40# to go....

Hotsplashes
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Sounds like everyone's week is off to a great start! Glad to hear about the holiday Tulip! Grassie, moving? and only one chocolate a day...good for you! Kerri, good thing to hear about the upping of the running. I keep saying I'm going to start...and I never do. Maybe you can be my motivator since Raven is busy!lol Kerri, Way to go on the loss! I hate it when you weigh something different on a different scales...which i why I only weigh myself at home! Keep up the good work ladies!

My eating has been spectacular for two whole days now. Water intake is not bad. So one day at a time...it's those late nite binges that I have to stay away from.

Tulip-Fairy
05-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Good Morning!

DD is home from school with a cold...sniff! sniff!! so I'm playing nurse maid today! I've had a good breakfast loads of water and have stood and ironed for 2 hours!! So i'm off to a good start...I also have a fridge full of homemade soup for lunch!!! So I'm feeling pretty positive today!

Kerri - hope your sugar cravings are under control

Jen - Like HS says...stick to one pair of scales...I hate it when you get different readings!!

HS - Curb those late night binges...you know they don't do you any good! Try to plan a bigger breakfast as a treat for not giving in to them, or make sure your evening meal is that little bit bigger to stop you feeling hungry??

Hope everyones having a good Tuesday!

little grasshopper
05-04-2004, 10:09 AM
wow, so many people!! :) good to see everyone! :)

TF - sorry your DD is sick - hope it doesn't spread! Sounds like you are in much better spirits now. Good for you! We've got some serious movers on the board...looks like we're going to have to rethink the couch potato stance soon :) :)

HS - the big breakfast idea sounds cool! I know what you mean about the late night snacking though. I ate dinner at 10:00 last night (second dinner). Today there is no loss on the scales.

Kerri - can you have berries at all? Most of them are relatively low in carbs. You can have a couple of strawberries or blueberries and put some splenda on them...it will give you a quick "sugar" taste with fewer carbs. I'm with you on the SF chocolate though!! :) so sad that it's everywhere, just tempting us with it's LC label!!!! Hang in there!! Maybe set a chocolate cheat day every two weeks - but when you DO cheat, make sure it's the GOOD STUFF! :) Don't cheat with cheap chocolate! Then at least you won't feel like you're depriving yourself of something you love.

Jen - my gym has a set of scales too....right in the middle of the huge weight room. Everyone on the machines with nothing to stare at while they're running, walking, and panting just watches people get on and off the scales! I have NEVER gotten on them!

well guys, studying for another final. 2 more days!!!! I will worry about eating after that....last night of class is a big bash at a bar anyway (thursday night)...lots of yummy bar food....none of that has carbs, right :) hee hee!!

See you all soon! meri

Hotsplashes
05-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Morning ladies! Breakfast is always big..usually my biggest meal of the day. I think I need to eat a bit more at supper. Day 3 and eating is on program!

TF sorry to hear DD is sick..My niece just got over a cold. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Grassie,,,good luck on all the tests and exams! I'll have a glass of wine on Thursday in celebration for you!

See everyone later today!

JEO1982
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Grassie - If my gym's scales were in a place like that, I wouldn't go near them...But I go to Curves which is all women so they know how we feel about that...the scale is in the back against the wall and all the machines are in a circle facing the middle of the room, so no one can watch you ;)

LOVE2C135
05-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Good job you guys! My sugar cravings are a little better today, but they always are in the morning. Nights seem to be the worst for that. I did mix up a low carb dessert that I had a little of last night. I just seemed to want more and more though. We'll see where I stand tonight. I did survive last night so I'm sure I can again.

Have a great day everyone!

little grasshopper
05-04-2004, 04:09 PM
ok, where's my post?????? I will write you guys later, when I figure out how to post again :) Hope everyone's having a great day. I will pop in after exams. Time to go into hiding and study hard!!! Keep up the good work guys!

Hotsplashes
05-04-2004, 09:46 PM
GOod Luck Grassie!

Kerri keep up the good work...nite time is bad for me too. You'll get over it...another thing that I find helps me...keep busy...specially your hands...it works for me!

JeoJenn, I wouldn't get on a scale where everyone could see me either...too terrifying. And I love that little chickie 10lb icon!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY for YOUUUUU!!!

Day three has gone well cept for the fact I don't feel good. Regular trips to the porcelaine throne are sure to be making a bit lighter this friday!lol Must be something I ate today...doesn't wanna stay in the tummy.

See everyone tomorrow!

JEO1982
05-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks HS! I think there must be something in the air because everyone seems to be sick....I hope you feel better today!!!!

shellsbells
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post in this thread, but I have a weird scale obsession thing going on so I would love to talk with similar crazies :)

I just got back on my diet a week ago (yet another re-start) after a month of binging and general unhealthiness. I had lost a few pounds but then I got on the scale today and had gained! I need to stop it with the scale- I used my tape measure and in this past week I've already lost an inch on my waist. Does it happen often that you lose inches without losing pounds?

My second Pilates class was today (first one was monday, and I have been sore ever since) and I'm feeling really good about it- I was in a wheelchair for the latter part of last year after a car accident so I lost a ton of flexibility. In just two classes I can already tell a difference! It makes a good supplement to my treadmill-and-weights pattern.

I'm feeling pretty good because before I would have gotten really discouraged because of the scale, but I'm not letting myself get bummed about it. I'm reading "The 24 Hour Turnaround" and it says that you can't lose weight if you don't have faith. So this time, I'm having faith that if I just take care of myself it will all fall into place.

I've quit smoking, I'm trying to quit drinking, I'm drinking a ton of water.. that extra 1 added to the number on the scale ain't gonna get me this time, buddy.

LOVE2C135
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi Shellbells,

I too am ruled by the scale. I was in a very crabby mood last week because I KNEW I was doing everything right, yet the scale wouldn't move. I was exercising and eating according to plan. Grrr... I TOTALLY understand.

One thing a friend reminded me of several times last week though (which I already knew but somehow didn't want to accept) is that when you're working out and you increase what you do, you're essentially building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. The same weight of muscle takes up about half the space of fat. So, clothes feel looser, but the darn scale just sits there.

Another thing I started this week, which has been REALLY helpful is posting my daily food plan on one of the other pages (Atkins). I'm on the Atkins and we count carbs. Anyway, I was just kinda counting in my head, thinking I was staying in balance. When I actually started posting my daily menu, I realized I was over on my daily totals. So, now that I post it everyday, I can see if I'm really where I should be, and if I have a count wrong, someone generally says something, which is really helpful. I also am more inclined not to cheat and go by plan if I've told someone or several someones what I intend to accomplish that day.

Overall, I say, try not to get to hung up on the numbers, even though I do it too. ;) Sounds like you're going in the right direction though! What plan are you on?

Keep me posted! Good luck!

shellsbells
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm not really on any specific plan.. I am trying to follow the guidelines from "The 24 Hour Turnaround".. in general Im trying to eat very few processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, that kind of thing. I also am trying to eat 3 meals with 2 snacks.

I'm all crabby though because my family wants Manwiches for supper tonight and I haven't the foggiest idea how to make that healthy. Blugh.

LOVE2C135
05-05-2004, 07:31 PM
That's so hard! I hate it when my family wants spaghetti (way to carby).

Good luck to you. It looks like you've made a really good dent toward achieving your goal!

Keep posting, it really helps!

shellsbells
05-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I ended up having a small one, which is not good because of the lack of vegetables, but it wasnt full of fat, so that's something. I was still hungry so I toasted a wheat tortilla and cut it into chips to have with salsa. Yum!

I am a little disheartened- more impatient than disheartened, I guess. I'm not finding it too difficult to cut off myself from snacks and stuff (soybeans are a godsend for me) but part of me thinks that if I do what I'm "suppossed" to.. well, then, I should lose 50 pounds tonight!

That could happen... right? right?

My pilates instructor is a year younger than me- we actually went to a high school for the arts at the same time- I was there for filmmaking, she was there for dancing. I remember how much we hated the dancers. I was watching her during the class and sooooo jealous of her- then I remembered why I *really* hated the dancers.

Hotsplashes
05-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the Scale Addicts Anonymous Club Shells! I am the Head Addict here!lol And listen to what Kerri said...muscle weighs more than fat....also check how soon ToM is due. I gain a good 4-5 lbs a week or two before ToM. And how to make Manwiches healthy...start off with extra lean ground beef or ground Turkey. Serve on Wholewheat or multigrain bread...There's wholewheat low carb bread too...for added veggies...chop up and add extra tomatoes, onions, beans...and Presto...much healthier Manwiches.

Today has been a good day for eating. It's been four days and no late nite binges. Carbs are low. And I actually slept a whole nite last nite! Got in lots of exercise the last two days as well... however I don't think the nasty scales will show a loss due to it being ToM again! But so far, I haven't had any cravings for chocolate. A short craving for taterchips hit me awhile ago..but it left as soon as I passed the 7/11!!lol

Weather has been great so I've outside more. Which is a nice treat and I'm walking the dogs more. Walking is a good thing!

Hope everyone has a great Humpday!

I'll be starting Scale Addicts #8 on monday!!!

JEO1982
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
My little victory of the week...I am wearing pants that wear so tight before that I could barely get the zipper up...The best part is that today they aren't even slightly tight... I made my own day ;)

little grasshopper
05-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the support - I aced my anatomy final last night :) last class is tonight! :) :)

JEO1982
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
:bravo: Congratulations Grassie! Keep up the great work!

Tulip-Fairy
05-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Way too many people to congratulate today!!! :lol: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :bravo: :dancer: :dancer: :grouphug: :balloons: :balloons: :encore: :hat:

HS for not partaking in her evening snacking

Grassie for ACING her exams

JEO - for slipping into too small pant and making them fit!!

Shell - for sticking to her WOE 'ing!!!

Etc.etc.etc etc.....

will write more tomorrow!!

eating well, drinking well, let see what my scale says at the weekend?!!!

miss_elisha
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey chickies! Yes, I'm still around, lurking more than writing, but today I just feel like typing, so here I am. :)

I feel like I'm finally back on track exercise-wise, even though I think my treadmill may have finally kicked the bucket. I just got back from a 20 minute walk outside, uphill, and I was cleaning porches--moving furniture, vacuuming, and pressure washing--all day, and I know that's got to burn some calories! Still to go tonight I have my LB circuit and hopefully 10-15 minutes on the stairclimber, and maybe some pilates. I really need to start building my muscles.

I'm also eating better, and my weight is still going down, if slowly. Slow progress is still progress! I was changing my winter clothes for summer clothes today, shuffling things around, and I tried on a few things that didn't fit so well last year.... I got on a pair of pants that I've never been able to zip before! Granted, they were still tight, but 10 more pounds and they'll fit perfectly. Now, if I could just do something about those bathing suits....

My brother is building me a new computer for my birthday at the end of the month, one that actually work consistently. I'm so excited! I helped pick out some of the parts--it's going to look so sharp!

Anyway, enough random ramblings from me for one day. Congrats to everyone for doing so well! Keep up the good work!

~Elisha

LOVE2C135
05-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Congratulations to everyone - what hard workers!

My scale finally gave me some happy news! I'm down three pounds this week! I'm almost in the next set of ten! Ten at a time, ya know!

VERY happy day!

Have a great night all!

Hotsplashes
05-07-2004, 12:12 AM
YAYYYY for everyone!!!!! All this good news....my only good news is that when I went grocery shopping, I walked down the chip aisle and actually looked at the chips and went EWWwwwww...my body really rebelled at the thought of eating them!

Congrats to everyone on all the exercise, the weightloss, and all those nonzipping jeans now zipping!!

WOOHOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEO1982
05-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Elisha- Congratualtions on getting those pants on! Isn't that just a terrific feeling...I was so excited to be in my those jeans yesterday, so I know you must have been ready to do a victory dance :cb:

Kerri- :bravo: to you on the 3# gone! That is awesome!!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps this week! :crossed:

HS- You make light of being repelled by the chips, but I think that is equally as satisfying as fitting into my jeans...To know that you have gotten your body to the point of being disgusted by something bad for you should feel amazing....I think you should give yourself more credit for that then you did...So pat yourself on the back and smile, you done good! :high:

I want to send everyone some :goodvibes as I think we all had a great week!

Tulip-Fairy
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
3lbs must be the magic number this week...:cheer: :goodscale I weighed myself this morning and yep you've guessed it...I've lost 3lbs!!! Yippee that puts be back on 126lbs only another 8lbs to go!! :cheer: Maintaining this weight loss is proving harder than losing it in the first place! :^:

Grassie you'll be so proud of me when i tell you what i've signed myself up for...a 23.4 mile walkathon!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: I must be :crazy: It is for our local children's hospital so it's for a good cause, I did it two years ago but only managed 11 miles as the rain was coming down horizonaly and it was so muddy!! Hopefully this year the sun will shine and we will finish the whole course...My 14 year old DD has managed to secure sponsorship from a local company for over a hundred pounds!!! Its on the 6th June so we had better get in some training!

Hope you all have a great weekend...we are such a bunch of loser we deserve one!! :lol: :lol: ;)

Hotsplashes
05-07-2004, 09:29 PM
3 is the lucky number! I'm down 3 from the ToM weigh in..so water bloat is going away. A walkathon! That's awesome Tulip! Good luck and Goodshow for DD getting the sponsorship...start walking now to prepare for next month!

Jeo/Jenn: thanks for the upbeat pep talk! Made me smile! I'll look at that way now everytime I avoid something bad for me!

I'm going away this weekend to the BFs family for Mom's Day...will be back late sunday nite! Don't let us fall off the board ladies! I'm counting on you!!!

miss_elisha
05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Good news, chicks!

Today's weigh-in showed 219! Yay! That was my goal for May 29th. I guess I'll have to adjust! :D
I think I'm going to set my goal to 216... three weeks, three pounds, I can do that. I'm hoping for 215, but with ToM coming up, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
And as far as being addicted to the scale goes, I've decided that if it says the same more than one day in a row, it must be right! One day proves nothing (even eight times during that one day), but two days is a pattern. ;)

Oh, and the tech writer job I applied for a while ago... well, it just turns out the guy's been out of the office for a while, but he's going over resumes one day this coming week, and my friend who works there says that he doesn't think anyone else has even applied for the job. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Everyone, congrats on the 3 pound losses this week, even if I only lost 2! I'll take whatever I can get! Have a great weekend!

~Elisha

Tulip-Fairy
05-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Well done on your weight loss Elisha...it might only be two pounds instead of the magic three but it is 3 weeks early....so way to go girl :D :D Hope you get your job...the waiting is a killer isn't it...I went for an interview last week and expected to find out on Friday...I waited for the phone all day and it didn't ring...I resigned myself to the fact that i hadn't got it...WELL I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! This morning i got a letter offering me the post!! YAY FOR ME :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: So my fingers a very very crossed for you!! And keep up the good work on the 29th challenge!

HS - Have a good weekend at your MIL's ;) We'll keep the board on the front page for you!

Everyone have a great weekend...try to eat and drink well (advice that i may find hard to follow as my best friends daughter is making her first holy communion on sunday and we have a feast planned for afterwards...lots of healthy stuff on the buffet table though..just have to avoid the desserts :dizzy:

JEO1982
05-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Well Ladies Congratulations on your losses this week!!! :bravo: It seems that everyone it doing so week...I went to the gym this morning and I just had to weigh myself hoping for some good news of my own... :goodscale I got it....down 3.3#...I'm can really feel that "onederland" goal creeping ever closer!

Congratulations to everyone once again!!!! :cheer:

Tulip-Fairy
05-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Well done Jeo/Jenn you also hit that magic number!!!

Do you think we can all do it again next week???

JEO1982
05-09-2004, 01:01 PM
That should officially be our goal for next week.... see how close we can all get to 3# again! ;)

Tulip-Fairy
05-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Well after the afternoon i've had I'm not going to eat again if i'm to reach the 3lb goal!!!!!!!!

I went to my best friends daughters first holy communion and had such a fantastic lunch, with two desserts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only had one alcohol drink though so it could have been worse!

Do you think anyone else will pop in today? or is it just the two of us? HS did ask us to keep us on the front page, looks like were doing it!!

See you all tomorrow

shellsbells
05-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I got nothing :( It's been 2 weeks, I've spent 16+ hours in the gym, I've maintained a constant vigil over what I've been eating, I drank all my water, I did everything right.

And in these two weeks I've lost....

.5 lb

What? I know I shouldn't get discouraged, that it's inches that matter, but it's really driving me crazy. Logically, it makes no sense at all. There's no possible way I'm eating enough calories to sustain my body weight.

Argh! I'm discouraged enough to quit or anything, but it really does bug me, yknow?

Tulip-Fairy
05-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Shells - look at how far you have come since your heaviest weight...it's pounds and pounds...don't get discouraged, you are probably a lot healthier, fitter, with a much nicer shape..don't hit those cream cakes just yet!!
It could have been worse, you could have gained .5 now that would have been the pits!!
If i tell you that muscle weighs more than fat will you slap me??? but it is true...as much as i love my scales, there not the be all and end all!!

Keep your chin up...and keep up the good work in the kitchen and gym, you will see the desired results soon!

has HS started a new thread today?? I usually forget and post on the old one for ages before i realise i'm talking to myself!!!

I'll go check before i write anymore!

Tulip-Fairy
05-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Well, I've had a look and i dont think she has yet...maybe my time difference..she's probably not even started her monday morning yet?

Anyway good monday morning everyone...it's actually the afternoon here, just finished a very healthy, scrummy lunch here...had a blow out at a friends communion party on sunday so am trying to be very very good. I also have had a job offer, it came through the post on saturday and i'm thrilled about it...it's only 19.5 hours a week but it will be i can balance it with my family which suits me fine!

Well unti tomorrow
Tulip

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Shells - Tulip is right.... LOOK how far you have come...you can't give up on yourself! In my first month I only lost 2.5# total and before I saw any loss I saw a small gain :( But I am determined to do this for myself...so I didn't let that stand in my way and you shouldn't either....A loss is a loss, no matter is it is 1/2 a # or 5# and it is still a victory because you are that much closer to your goal... Be happy with even the smallest step in the right direction! You can do this, we are all here for you when you need us, and we will be here to read about all of your success too...Keep your hopes up!!!

Tulip - I had a bad food day yesterday too...My mom had a cook out for mother's day and a birthday party for my dad's dad....Three little words were my downfall for the day.... ICE CREAM CAKE.... I couldn't resist it.... and it was sooo good....I still haven't done my calories for yesterday because I don't think I want to know... and BTW - Congratulations on the job offer!! Best of luck with that! ;)