Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-03-2004, 09:05 PM   #1  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Red face Walk Away the Pounds- April Challenge

I have decided I need to really get serious about exercise and my weightloss. So I have decided I am going to challenge myself with WATP tapes. A friend of mine lost alot of inches and pounds by walking atleast 2 miles aday and I thought I could do that myself.

I thought if anyone would like to join me we could set monthly goals of miles walked.

my goal for the rest of April is to walk 40 miles

bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:48 PM   #2  

I just started back walking. I used to walk 2 miles a day. Now I need to start that again. I would love to join you.
lovepasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:39 AM   #3  
Bev

I love your name lovepasta. I also have not walked in awhile so I am glad to have someone join me.

bev
Old 04-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #4  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hey - I think this is a GREAT thread!!! I just got my WATP tapes not even a week ago! I have not started them yet, but I will be starting tomorrow. I am going to do the one mile tape tomorrow, and move up from there.

I did watch the one and two mile tape, just so I could "get a feel" for the moves that they do. Seems quite simple, yet effective. I'm really looking forward to starting this exercise routine!

My goal is -

From 4-5-04 to 4-30-04 to - - - Walk atleast 30 miles. That should be a good start, since I'm a beginner at this. Then I can move it up from there. I will try my hardest to report in everyday and let you know how many miles I did for the day. Hopefully there are more people who have these tapes so they can get involved too!

Do any of you have the weighted balls that you fill with water? Mine came with them, and I haven't decided it I like the feel of them yet. I guess we'll see how they feel when I do the one mile tape tomorrrow.

Well - good luck with your goals, and I will keep you posted!

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:55 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I think I can do about 40 miles by the end of the month. I'm alternating this with kickboxing - but I think 10 4 mile workouts can be attained! Good challenge!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 PM   #6  
Bev

Hi everyone, well I was only able to walk one mile today because my daughter is sick again. She has asthma and has been having a really tough time with it lately.

My update:
goal for april- 40 miles
miles left- 39
Old 04-05-2004, 12:22 AM   #7  
~ Berry Happy ~

its my life - Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick. I hope she is feeling better soon!
Old 04-05-2004, 01:50 AM   #8  
Onward and downward!

Talking I'd Love To Join You

I have only recently bought my 3 mile WATP tape, and I'm hooked. I have decided my WATP goal for April is 30 miles.

It's My Life - Hope your daughter is well, asthma can be a terrible illness.

Can't wait to hear how everyone is going

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:34 AM   #9  
~ Berry Happy ~

Welcome Lucia-1 - So glad you are joining in on the challenge!

30 miles sounds quite reasonable to me, so that is my goal. Good luck with yours too!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

Count me in! I've just started, did two days of one mile each, but I'm really enjoying it. My goal is 35 miles for the rest of the month.

YAY for my first challenge!
aphrodeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #11  
Changing the things I can

Hi all, still pretty new here.... I was just wondering... What kind of stuff is incorporated in the WATP thing? I have GOT to start exercising.... and I decided to walk at first, and this sounds cool. So, it's a tape?? thanks in advance...
Stefanie
scs_2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #12  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

Hi Stefanie,

Some great info and recommendations on WATP can be found on this thread.

Good luck!
aphrodeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #13  
Bev

thanks everyone for your well wishes for my daughter. This past winter has been rough on her ( and me). The last few days she has has to sleep in a recliner because it has been so bad. She forgets that if it is cold outside she can't play out doors. Last night she was at a neighbors and I thought they were inside but they were playing out back. So she was up all night coughing and everything else that goes with asthma.

well everyone have a nice day and I would like to welcome Kari, Lucia, Lisa

It is nice to see such a nice group walking with me.

Bev
Old 04-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #14  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello scs 2much - Welcome!

The WAPT tapes are great! I watched the videos through the other day, and did the one mile today!

Yes, the WATP come in VHS tapes or DVD. You can find them at K-mart, Meijer, Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, ect... BUT when I went looking for this 3 pack VHS set that I bought, I had a really hard time finding it.

You can order directly from Leslie Sansone's website, but the tapes with cost you $39.99 - or you can go to walmart.com and pay about 25.00 and that is WITH the shipping!

Basically these tapes are all about walking, and Leslie incorporates 4 simples steps into them. There is a side step, a kick back, knee lifts, and something else I can't think of at the moment...lol

The first tapes starts you out slow, and lets you get used to the routine, but builts up enough "umph" to get your blood pumping. Lesle also incorporates these 2 lb weighted balls. (If you do not buy the pack that already has the weights, you can buy your own dumbells from a store and use those too.) The weights help work your upper body, while the walking works your lower body. Believe me, these weights DO make a difference.

I found some REALLY great reviews at epinions.com - here is the link to the reviews. These really helped make my decision to buy the tapes MUCH easier.

Read The Reviews

I bought my tapes from amazon.com and I ended up paying $29.99 and got the free shipping that they offered. PLUS my tapes came earlier than expected!

I wanted to order through walmart.com but when I order off the internet, I like to purchase pre-paid credit cards, and walmart.com does not accept them

But atleast I have my tapes, and I LOVE them!

Hope you find the reviews helpful!

~ Kari ~
Old 04-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #15  
Onward and downward!

Hi,

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome. It is so important to have goals to strive for when losing weight, and it is just as important to have support from others, especially those who understand what you are going through.

Have a great day, talk to you soon.

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote