Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2004, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Help me please!!

Hi Im a newbie and Im looking for some weight loss buddies!! I know there is the buddy up forum but Im also looking for a good diet plan and some input on walking as excercise. Im going off the deep end here and find myself putting myself down alot and then crying over it lol yeah Im a big baby I just want to be able to do things with my children but at this point Im not too good for anything more than coloring or playing with dolls lol my children deserve better than this and damnit so do I, Please help pull me out of this slump.
Thanks to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:48 AM   #2  

Hey Michelle!

I'm also a newbie and just getting started at 224 lbs. I recently have become super-motivated for some reason so I'll be glad to share any info with you. I've learned a lot over the past few months, actually. I love to cook so I've had to find ways to eat healthy and still be a rockin' chef!

So write anytime! How old are your kids? Mine will be 2 this month-
Jayla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:38 AM   #3  

Hi Jayla Awesome I too have just become motivated I like too cook also but its soo hard in my house to cook a balanced meal as my hubby won't eat veggies lol. I have a 2 year old who will be 3 in august and I have a 6 month old
Great talking to you
Michelle
Old 04-05-2004, 01:23 AM   #4  

Default Hello

I'm pretty lucky where my family meals are concerned... Joe (my man ) was actually the one who perpetuated all this healthy eating stuff. So he's onboard- that makes it easier. I have a best friend that is STRICTLY vegan that's been scolding me about the "crap" I've been putting in my body. So I definitely have a good place to start! Why haven't I started earlier? lazy, I think. My son sure is a lot of fun, though. He's kept me from going totally crazy, I think!
I'm including a picture, let me know if you can't get the link...
His name is Eli.

Old 04-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  

awwww unfortunately it said the file was inaccessible I have a website with our family photos at www.redsox82501.tripod.com its a slow loader but its free lol. Today Im gonna take my kids on a walk to go see daddy for lunch at work and to the playground after. How bout you? any ideas for some fun activities? Im looking into joining a local support group that has online members too. well I better get kids up and running I hope all is well
Michelle
Old 04-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #6  

Default Yours didn't work either! :)

Ok, I am just going to directly post the picture on this message. Let me tell you, that's been my "thing". I am SO good at eating right, but haven't been able to fit the excercise in yet. Although I did start practicing Yoga in the mornings just in my living room floor and it is an AWESOME motivator. I love to stretch anyway (it feels so GOOD), but the positions really stretch muscles I haven't worked in a long time. My hubby's in college and they have a nice walking course that I'm going to start with my son and his stroller. heehee (i would get a REALLY good workout if I just let him run wild, wouldn't I?)
By the way, I have to point this out today: When I got to work today, the kitchen was so busy prepping for the night, that they weren't going to have time to make employee meals, so my boss ordered pizza for everyone. I was so BRAVE in the face of pizza! I had a salad with balsamic dressing for dinner. I love me tonight!
How 'bout I'll send you my email address and you can send me your photos!
[email protected]
Ok, I attached a pic of Eli, see if that works!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LakeEli.jpg (24.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #7  

Default Hello there!!

awwww he is sooo adorable what a little cutie!! Well last night I made lean pork chops with a mandarin orange/ginger glaze it was wonderful, and my husband really liked it too. Since I dont have a job I really do get a work out chasing my 2 yearold around omg she is a wild kid lol. Im thinking I may try the Southbeach diet but havent quite decided yet. Ohhhh before I forget my sister is giving me her treadmill!! so even when its raining or yucky out I dont have an excuse not to work out!! Im so excited!! I will send you a pic of me and my children the file i tried to upload was too large and I just wiped my Harddrive on this computer so I dont have photo editing on it yet lol. Have a wonderful evening.
I hope all is well with you and yours
Michelle
Old 04-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #8  

Was that post for me?...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #9  

LoL Nooooooo somebody else had posted before that they must have erased the post sorry girly.
So how goes the diet? Mine is going well, I think, I dont own a scale yet, but Ive been eating healthy and walking everyday. My husband said that I can get teh WATP DVD's so that should be great!! How is ur little one doing? Mine is being a Holy terror today running me ragged lol. Cant wait to hear from you hope all is well.
Michelle
Old 04-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #10  

Smile Today was a rough one, but dieting still!

I don't know WHAT it was about this morning, but GOD it sucked! Joe and I had a small argument, my child is into EVERYTHING, and to top it all off, I watched "Tears of the Sun" today... have you seen that movie? Jeez, I haven't cried like that in a long time! So I had to wash it all away with a bubble bath and ALL better!
Not looking forward to going to work tonight, though... Spring Break is in full swing and I don't think the nicest people in the world vacation here. I almost had a total meltdown Wed night... I can't believe I let this woman upset me so much- she was like 200 years old! But, boy did she let me have it. It was SO stupid, too. I don't know if you've ever been a server before, and it's hard to explain sometimes to people who've never done it, but the general public are A$$es when they go out to eat! I may be serving food, but I make a lot of money and I'm pretty damn smart! I don't usually let anyone talk down to me like this. (long story short: this lady's husband asked for the check first, then another person at their table came up to me later, and said,"don't listen to them, I WANT THE CHECK, you got me?" So I gave the scary big guy the check and that old woman REAMED me in front of the whole table, not to mention the whole restaurant.) sample of the conversation: "too bad I'm not paying now, because I wouldn't leave you S@#t for a tip" isn't that lovely?
I think I'm a pretty tough girl, but at that point I think I had just HAD IT with the whole night. You know, the worst part is that when she was yelling at me, I'm looking at the other guy to back me up and he just sat there with a huge smile on his face! All I said was, "Ma'am, I don't know what to say", went outside to the back of the restaurant and screamed for a good 3 seconds. So, at least tonight can't possibly be THAT bad, right? (knock on wood) It IS, after all, Friday night!
Sorry to unload! Poor Joe had to hear about it for about an hour that night!
Back on topic, I don't know what it is, but for the past two days I have been STARVING! I haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to, but I wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. I have to figure out where to get complex carbs besides sweet potatoes! Oh, well, I don't think I'll have time to be hungry tonight! It's gonna be a GOOD night! Talk to ya later, girlie!
Old 04-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #11  

Omg girl I know what u are talking about I used to work front desk for a hotel and I had some jerks there...sometimes there is just no pleasing anyone and the funny thing is, is whenever I got one of those jerks I ended up telling them off and then when they would say that they were going to talk to my boss I was like thats fine My name is Michelle, would you like me to write that down so you dont forget? and I never once got in trouble for standing up for myself.
I hope your night goes much better tonight!! Im sure it will! Day one on atkins went well except come 7pm I started craving snacks I fought the cravings but dang it was hard. Your doing great on your diet!! Well I got a house full of kids (4) I need to go chase them down. I'll talk to you later!!
Take Care!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #12  
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRae
Hi Im a newbie and Im looking for some weight loss buddies!! I know there is the buddy up forum but Im also looking for a good diet plan and some input on walking as excercise. Im going off the deep end here and find myself putting myself down alot and then crying over it lol yeah Im a big baby I just want to be able to do things with my children but at this point Im not too good for anything more than coloring or playing with dolls lol my children deserve better than this and damnit so do I, Please help pull me out of this slump.
Thanks to all
Michelle

Michelle, you gotta quit putting yourself down, you have a lot to be proud of, starting with your children and that your a wonderful mother.
being depressed never helped anyone. Maybe find a new hobbie because you can do more than color and play with dolls. Its not that your children deserve better, You deserve better. loosing weight is a long road and hard battle, and it won't happen over night, so maybe if you start making small changes, each day, and maybe get a Dr. Phil book and maybe find new ways to keep your mind off your faults all the time, improving what you don't like..and become the woman you want to be, cuz, she is in there.
I am here to help if you want. I got lots of good diet tips..
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #13  

Thank you so much Party Im on day 2 of atkins today and so far so good I havent really had any cravings...yet...Im waiting til nightfall Im sure they'll kick in lol and buying the easter candy for my daughter sure isnt going to help lol I put it in the closet, hopefully outta site is outta mind hehe. If you know of any soft foods with little to no carbs let me know...Im having my wisdom teeth out next thursday Ive already stocked up on sugar free jello and chicken broth Im thinking I may just have to puree some meat ewwwww lol. Well have a wonderful evening!!
Take Care
Old 04-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #14  

Ya know... one Thanksgiving, my uncle had his jaw wired shut from being kicked in the face by a horse (I REALLY sound like I'm from Georgia, don't I?) and my Grandma put his turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, everything in the blender and he drank it through a straw at the table with us. It was the most disgusting family meal I've EVER attended! Haha!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #15  

Oh my I dont know if I can do the whole pureeed food thing, reminds me of baby food which Im not too fond of lol. Well Im starting day 3 today hopefully it goes as well as days one and two and I know Im gonna need some willpower for easter hehe. How is your diet going? Hope all is well with you and your family! Ohhh how was work last night?
Take Care