Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 PM   #1  
lisaev

Default sugar free chocs/bars etc newbie

hello! I am about to start SB phase I....and I am curious are bars low carb like pria,or the sf chocolates allowed or best to steer clear???
Especially in phase I?
What are some ideas of snacks to bring to work?
Thanks!

SW-152
CW-150
GW-130
Old 04-02-2004, 04:46 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Steer clear of those bars and treats. They have a reputation for giving us cravings or digestive upsets from the sugar alcohols. They are not recommended by Dr Agatston.
Take nuts or raw veggies or chicken legs for snacks. Eat real food, not frankenfoods.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #3  
kpw

On snacks to work - nuts are great. Cut up veggies and hummus. String cheese. Sugar snap peas. Cherry tomatoes. I also have handy a hot chocolate mix that I make myself (posted on the recipe board) for the afternoons when I need a sweet fix. Individual s/f jello is handy (yes, expensive by comparison, by extremely convenient).

On phase II now - I bought one of the s/f chocolate bars and had a small piece. They're pretty good. I was never a big sweets eater anyway, so I can get a fix by having one small 1 inch square occasionally.

Good luck!
Closed Thread