Support Groups - Weighty Issues #14

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #14

angieME
04-02-2004, 08:18 AM
:coffee2:
WEIGHTY ISSUES #14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the April edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
04-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Ask and you shall recieve. A new thread that is. :lol: I dont know where my brain was yesterday, I totally forgot that it was time for a new thread.

Cal, Taste of Home is a cookbook magazine where people from the U.S send in their favorite family recipes to be published. There are tons of good recipes. They also do a Light and Tasy version with lower fat recipes.

Noelle, I would have wanted to deck that man. I cant imagine taking the time to wait for someone to walk by so I could go out and harass them. What a jerk! You keep walking and dont let him bother you(get some pepper spray and the next time he gets too close douse him :lol: )

jbbm
04-02-2004, 10:59 AM
TGIF Girls

Oh my gosh I am so glad it is Friday.

Cal I know Arizona is a place everyone goes in the winter. I bet you are glad when they are gone!

Noelle I can not believe that guy. You were minding your own business walking a dog on a public street. I would watch for those pit bulls. I would hate to have them get loose and attack you or the dog. Maybe you should contact the police, you know the good looking ones I saw on COPS. Hahaha It almost sounds like he was trying to threaten you. Be safe girl.

Hi Angie. What are ya baking today? I know I shouldn't even ask. I have been terrible at eating this week. I don't think I am even going to do my weigh in tomorrow because of bloatation.

Check in later.....Julie

melekalikimaka
04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Good morning ladies. It's a gray cloudy day here :rain: and it's a bit muggy but it's supposed to clear up by Sunday...it's all good though. Well, I've been OP for the past 3 days with eating right and going for my evening walks. Yesterday as my sis and I were walking past that house with that idiotic man, the little dog was back up on the roof with a very visibly swollen front leg--he was holding it up quite high and it was really fat. The man was either washing his car or watering his plants (he had a water hose anyway) and when we walked by the neighborhood dogs started going off. The man started yelling at us and shot the hose toward us into the street, he was yelling things like you "you better cut that sh:censored:t out" and other nonsense that I didn't really hear. I turned around to look at the mailbox for the house address so I could report the dog to the Humane Society but there was no number. I just wanted to have them check out if the guy had his dog treated--and even if he did have it treated at the vet, why the heck is it still on the very same roof it fell off of??? So they go and visit him and of course he never took it to the vet. They made him license the dog and cited him with a warning and Notice to comply. He has to take the dog to the vet for treatment and show proof to the HS that the dog was looked after or get slapped with a $2000 fine for cruelty and possibly 1 year in jail. Here's the kicker--I asked the HS officer if he saw any pitbulls on the property, he said "there are no other dogs on the property and the man told me he just told you that he had some pitbulls". Now I take it he was threatening me if I continued to walk on the street--that's another story... I did call HPD and had a nice chat with an officer who said he would go talk to the guy to see what his problem was...huh! So that's my drama for yesterday. What will today's episode bring? hehe

:wave: Hi Cal! Only 97 degrees? :flame: Glad you got the rain I sent :D. Hope everything turns out fine for Ashley, mood swings huh? Gosh, kids nowadays sure grow up fast! :lol: Enjoy your time off.

Angie, thanks for the new thread--we can shake off all that old junk-food bingeing and slacking off on exercise and begin fresh again. :cb: I am going to continue walking but I may have to make a detour away from that idiot's house for my safety. I hate to do that because it'd make it seem like he won the issue, but better safe than sorry. Rick was kind of upset that I just didn't "leave it alone". You'd think that after being with me for 15 years he'd know that I'm just not that type of person :devil:.

Julie, AMEN for Friday! What's shaking this weekend? Taking the kiddies out for any movies?

Hello to Kempy, Holly, Jacks, Cherie...where are ya gals? Have a great day and weekend all. Be back later if anything interesting happens. :sunny:

jbbm
04-02-2004, 03:51 PM
I just posted a big long message and it went poof! But it is worth saying again.

Noelle I am glad you contacted someone. That poor doggy probally had a broken leg. We are having a heat wave here upper 40's :lol: this weekend so I think we want to be outside. We might take the kids to an Easter egg hunt. What are your plans.

I was just watching TV and saw this young man about in his early twenties, and he was in a wheelchair and could hardly move his hands. But he had a glow about him and such a positive spirit. I thought of him a few minutes ago when I got on the scale and saw I gained back several pounds. He said something that really got to me, he said-Its not what you can't do, its what you can do. And then I felt bad for feeling sorry for myself about gaining a couple of pounds back. Everyday we take for granted that we can get ourselves out of bed, brush our teeth, feed ourselves, or just get up and move! I am going to think of people like him next time I am feeling down, it just really got to me, I actually had tears in my eyes. Sorry for getting so mushy about this but I thought it was something you guys would like to hear.

Hi to everyone, Angie, Kempy, Holly, Cal, Cherie, Jacks and everyone else.
Julie

melekalikimaka
04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
:yes: Yes that was worth sharing, thanks Julie. Oooh boy do I know about gaining (more than) a few pounds back :lol:. The main thing is that we're here for each other and eventually we all get back on track--NEVER GIVE UP (just like Angie's motto). Ok, back to work and drinking my water.

jbbm
04-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi Girls

Just checking in after dinner. We had homemade coleslaw, baked haddock, baked potatoes and peas. I ate the potatoes even though they are loaded with carbs. Oh well. I am going to try and not snack tonight, as we all know weekends are hard for doing that. I am noticing one of my kids has a sweet tooth and the other one hates candy bars. Doesn't get it from me :lol:! Well hope to see everyone check in this weekend (Kempy :))!!!! We miss you from Wednesday until Monday :(.....Well I will check in later. Pms week here I come and your not going to get ME!!!!

angieME
04-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Julie, that was a very touching story. I know that I need to sit down again and write why I want to get the weight off again. That usually helps.

Noelle, I am sorry you have such asses to deal with on your walks. I hope they can do something for his puppy.

I was just watching the news and they had a breaking story from my hometown(about 25 miles from here) and they said there was a suspicous infant death and that when the cops got there they believe they were burning the body.The homeowner was arrested. That is all they knew at the time so now I will have to stay up until 11:00 to find out what is going on. SICK!

I hope everybody gets a chance to keep checking in this weekend because I love to chat with you guys(even if I am eating like an :ink:

angieME
04-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Mornin Chickas!!! I am going to get ready to go shopping for the day(nothing exciting just groceries and household stuff) I just wanted to check in so that maybe we can keep the thread alive this weekend.

Kempy, Where are ya? We miss you on the long weekends. Have fun at school today.

Noelle, Did you stay safe on your walk today? You have done great this week with staying OP. I am going to try my hardest this week. I guess I just need to realise that I didnt gain it back overnight(even though it feels like it. :lol: ) so It will take some time to lose it. I need to start over fresh.

Julie, How are you doing? Anything exciting planned for this weekend?

angieME
04-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Cmon girls!!!! I am bored being the only one here on the weekends!! Where is everybody? I hope you are all having fun. :kickcan:

jbbm
04-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Good Mornining Girls

Angie I tried posting all day yesterday but somethig was wrong with this darn computer. Hopefully it works this time. Yesterday the kids went on an Easter egg hunt at a local grocery store and even got to frost some sugar Easter cookies. They had a blast and brought homes tons of free chocolate eggs. The nestle kind filled with carmel, peanut butter, butterfinger, and rollos. Lets just say I ate about almost 20 of them last night. Yikes!!!! I really went overboard. Try them if you dare :devil: :lol:! The high here is only 40. Blah!!!! I am so ready for the sixties and seventies. Right now the house smells glorious, hus made bacon and omlettes for breakfast. Yes I ate too much again. Angie you are not alone I tried posting all day yesterday. I am always thinking about my buddies here!

Noelle hope you are staying safe and away from that weirdo! What are you doing this weekend? Is Michael getting excited about the Easter Bunny coming ? We are going to buy them a few toys and I told my hus as little as chocolate as possible. One of my kids hates chocolate and candy???? But the other loves it. I know where she got that from :lol:.

Everyone one come like Angie said CHECK IN!!!! Its almost swimsuit season and we all need each other to motivate and be there. Well I am going to do some cleaning. I got the spring cleaning in me today. I am so busy but I wanted to get here and say Hello.

Bye for now...check in later.....Julie

angieME
04-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Julie, we are supposed to be getting snow tomorrow. YUCK! Me and the kids just went for a 3 mile walk. Thank god Brit wanted to go because I actually wasnt going to do one today. :lol: I am glad I did even though I have eaten enough calories this weekend for 5 people.

I bought a crock pot and a potroast and cooked it today. It seems to be cooking nicely. Next weekend I want to do a pork tenderloin(can you cook one in there or will it make bacteria?)

Julie the eggs sound so good. I had a toffee cheesecake blizzard at Dairy Queen yesterday and oh my god wasnt that good! I may make Jay get some ice cream and Heath bars and make one tonight. Slap me!!

I guess we cant bring the RV back to our house just yet...Jay went to park the delivery car where the RV usually goes and sunk right up to the frame. He had to have his dad come pull him out. :lol: Gotta love mudseason.

jbbm
04-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Hi Angie, I am glad you and Brit had a nice walk together. Is she starting to listen more. Sometimes kids who act out like her just need more attention. And it sounds like your a great mom taking walks with her. Angie I use my crockpot for all kinds of meats. I just scrub it out good with hot soapy water. I'll even make a batch of chili in the morning and then dump it into the crockpot and let it simmer all day. It taste really good that way. My mom and stepdad came over today to see how my house is decorated for Easter and to play with the kids. I took a drive to my favorite craft store and bummer it was now closed on Sundays. Oh well, less money I didn't spend. And it felt good to be in the car by myself without screaming kids and I blasted up the radio :lol:! I am such a dork! Dork totally eighty's word :lol:!
Well girl I am glad you and I got to talk this weekend, it would have been more but I couldn't get my stupid computer to work yesterday and hus said I am to busy to fix it right now. Okay Bill Gates :lol: ;)! He has been getting on my nerves lately. Its gotta be the TOM week coming. No wait I think it is just him :lol:!!!!

Well nice talking with you Angie this weekend. It feels I have no friends. But I know you are...I would love it if we lived closer and could go out to eat and drinks, lots of drinks :lol: toghether. Angie lets pat ourselves for keeping this thread busy even though I had a total crazy busy weekend :). Julie

chikitababe
04-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Good morning ladies!! I am back. I am guilty of once again falling off the band wagon. I don't think the low-carb/no carb diet is for me. I can stay OP with it for 6 days, and lose about 5 pounds, but, when I go back to eating "normal", I gain it all back :(. I am back to 144 as of this morning. UGH. I was talking with my hubby about it and he said, well, before having 3 kids (at age 18), you weighed 133 pounds, and now you are 144 (at 27), what's the big deal? I said, well, I just feel frumpy, and the weight sits differently. He suggested that my body is not meant to weigh 130 pounds anymore. I disagree, because cookies, candy, and brownies every day is not the way to find my personal ideal weight. I bought him these snack wells devils food cookies, and he says, what a rip off, you get like 10 cookies for $2.00, lol, and a serving size is 1 cookie, who eats 1 cookie, hehe. I said, someone who is dieting, and he said, well, you know, 3/4 of the word diet is die. I said, yep, but 100% of the word fat is fat.

So, I am once again starting over, vowing that my only source of sweets will be pudding (made with 1% milk), applesauce, and jello. I am avoiding the sugar free stuff because my system does not like the aspartame.

Sorry for being MIA so long!

Angie,

How's it going? What did you find out about the baby story? People are so sick!! We got the snow last night, ick!! About 5 inches. We had a birthday party for our oldest son (7) at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday. It was alot of fun, but, man, what a crazy place. We lost our 2 1/2 year old daughter for about 10 minutes, it was sooo scary! WE had 14 kids in our party, and I thought my husband had her, and he thought I had her with me. We ended up finding her sitting at another little kids birthday table, eating a goodie bag the host had given her. She said she went and danced with Chuck E, lol. She also said, I was playing with all my friends, they were nice to me. Meanwhile, my husband and I were about to have heart attacks!!

Noelle,

Hi! How's the weather? Any snow?, lol, just kidding. I am about tired of the white stuff myself!! WOW, be careful when you go for your walks!!

Julie,

Hey! It is sooo hard to diet when we have little children! They get so much candy for any and every occasion. Don't feel bad, I had so much junk at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday, then made fettucini alfredo with shrimp yesterday. :ink:

Hello to everyone!! Here's to a great OP week!

Holly

angieME
04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Good Morning! Julie, yeah I think Brit is doing a little better(at least I notice she is making an effort) except when we were into Target on Saturday and we were looking at Duffel bags for her and none of them were big enough. :lol: We were looking at 30 inch duffel bags!!! I said "how big do you need it? Oh I know this way when she runs away she can live in it like a tent. " :lol: :lol: :lol: That pissed her off.

Julie, I really wished I lived closer to you guys too. I dont have any friends at home either (except for Jay) It would be so nice to have another girl to hang out with and have some fun.

Did you guys fix your computer?

Holly, Hey girl! We missed ya. Dont feel bad I havent actually dieted for the last 5 months and I have gained back about 30 pounds. So you are doing pretty good.

Okay here is the latest (rumors) on the baby story. A man,woman and there 2 teenage daughters live in the house. Supposedly one of the girls got pregnant and had an abortion and then got pregnant right after and couldnt get another abortion so her and her mom kept the pregnancy a secret from her dad. She went down to southern maine to have the baby and they were coming home and she needed to lay the baby down in the car ...so she layed it in a cooler and it suffocated!!!! Supposedly this happened 2 years ago and the baby has been at their house all of this time. Friday I guess the dad was showing some canoes to someone and they opened up the cooler where the baby was. Well, I guess the dad must have gotten rid of the person looking for a canoe and went in the house to find out what was going on. The guy who wanted the canoe went home and called the cops while the dad had a bonfire going in the backyard and he threw the cooler into the fire. He got charged with abusing a corpse and is out of jail right now. But this is all hearsay from the local bars so I will let you all know the real story when it comes out.

I will check back later to chat some more.

Kempyd
04-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I tried to get here I really did. I got busy with school. I had a test every day that I went last week so I kind of had my head in the books. Yesterday I was in the yard trying to get all of the plants into the ground. I was working like a dog. I have been very PMSy and I think I could literaly kill someone today. They better watch out. :lol:

Angie that is a really gross story. What do some poeple think about when they do things like that? I wish I could send our beautiful weather up to you and Julie. The only bad thing right now is no rain. I am not going to complain though b/c hurricane season is coming and I think that will take care of any rain needs that we have. :D

Julie I love candy too. Joe isn't to into it but I think I could really live off of the stuff. My brother and sister are the same as me so I know that we all have the same family problem.

Holly I don't have any kids and I am fighting to be what I was when I got married 7 years ago. I don't even want to think about what is going to happen to my body if I have kids.

Noleel there are some crazy people over there arn't there? We have our crazies too. There is one lady in the subdivision that plants fake flowers. :dizzy: She has all of the statues out and one day we drove by and they were all in the drive way. I thought she was going to get rid of them, WRONG, she was bleaching them so that you could see them better. I have a statue of St. Francis but I think he looks better weathered. I would never bleach him white.

jbbm
04-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Good Morning all
Angie WOW! How could someone do that to a baby. I remember when mine came out and it was instant love and protection I felt for them.
Angie what a scary story. Our computer is still acting up. I think it has Pms like me :lol:! We have just been so busy it has been hard to get my hus to look at it, you know between the spring yard work and the kids its like no time what so ever! That is so funny about the duffel bags. Among all the other crazy things this weekend we ended up at Target too. Kids got to spend their Easter money from Grandma and picked up some clothes for the kids. They really do have nice clothes there. Today is my Wedding Anniversary, I would like to say Yay everything great but, I won't get into everything. My mom sent me this beautiful basket of real tulips and balloons. That cheered me up. I have just been so busy and pmsy it is nice to look up at beautiful flowers and cheery balloons :). Well hi to everyone. Check back later. You know I always do! Julie

angieME
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi. I am on a pee break although there really wasnt a need to work at all today. Half of the accounts didnt need anything so we are doing hardly anything for cooking. Which sucks because there will be so many extra honey buns that it will be very hard to resist. Who am I kidding....we all know I will more than likely have one. I wished there was a magic pill to give me the drive I had to lose the weight the other 2 times. I also wished there was someone for a dietician or something to teach me the right way to eat. I know I dont do it right even when I am losing weight.

Yeah, the story is pretty gross but I cant imagine what the Dad had to go through seeing that and having to find out how long it was kept from him. I bet he panicked and did it without even thinking, or to protect his daughters. It is a shame.

Brittany's fit into Target was so funny because when she gets pissy we make jokes and I was almost rolling on the floor laughing. She is really small for her age and you should have seen how big those bags were. :lol: We live about a mile from school and there is no way she would have been able to carry that to school so we of course had to show her the ones with wheels. :lol: :lol: Jay said Geesh Brit you could put a motor in that and ride it to school. hahahaha We are the worst parents.

Hey Kempy, I bet you cant wait for things to slow down for you. When will school be done? I wished I could work outside now. We have a while still before I can do any kind of planting. Not to mention that my Rhodedendron(sp) took a beating with the snow piling up on it this winter. I hope it makes it. I cant wait for it to dry up enough so I can paint the deck again. I love it when it is freshly painted it looks so nice. I need a new patio set this year too. Mine has turned into the cats bed. YUCK!!

Well, I had better get back to work for my 2 seconds of glazing. I hate mud season. I dont have hardly any work to do but I dont have any money to go on vacation with either.

jbbm
04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Angie one of my Rhodedendrons died this winter too. Its a purple gem variety and just love it. I am going to check home depot this spring here and see if they have any or can order one. I love the color purple. So cheery. That is so funny....put a motor on it and ride in to school. I wish you could send some of those extra honey buns my way. I could probally eat about six of them right now with a big glass of milk. All I had today was a light yogurt and I hate that aspartame leftover taste in my mouth. I better start chugging water.

Noelle and Jacks hope you are not crazy pulling your hair out at work today!
Hi everyone.

melekalikimaka
04-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey everyone, I guess everyone should just about be in bed by now or close to it...what you guys do in it is your business :devil: :lol: :o what I mean to say is didn't you guys have to turn your clocks forward 1 hour? You're even further ahead of me here in HI.

I had a pretty full weekend, I even spent time at the beach on Sunday--I never go to the beach! No, I didn't wear a bikini or anything, just some boardshorts and a tankini top--I didn't wanna scare anyone. Rick goes surfing every Sunday morning so recently I pack up the kiddo and we go and build sandcastles while dad rides the waves. Last week we saw a monk seal swimming really close to shore, then he eventually came up on the beach. That was so cool. They're endangered here so you're not supposed to get close at all, but I did walk up and aim the camera with as much zoom as I could. When I download the pics I may post one here. My lips are pretty burnt and feel cracked--none too kissable :(.

Angie, that baby story is horrible! I can't see anyone, even in a panic just killing their own baby, then hiding it. Imagine the guilty conscience! How the heck will the authorities bring that family to justice? I bet Brit thinks she has some pretty cool parents--better than those old fuddy-duddy types, eh?

Julie, my home computer is acting pretty wacko so I don't log on over there much, I need to have my friend take a look at it soon before it crashes completely. I really wanted to get online this weekend too to chat with you girls to keep me out of the chips and dips...needless to say I didn't do too well this weekend. Oh well, back on track with the weekday.

Holly, glad to hear from you. I want to agree with your hubby on the weight issue. I think after 3 kids and almost 10 years you are doing awesome my friend. It seems like you have the resolve to do what you have to do to get your body back though. You go girl. Oh yeah, actually, we have had snow recently here in Hawaii, although not on my island. On the Big Island of Hawaii since we've had this wet and windy weather, there has been actually a lot of snow way up on the mountain tops. People have been using their boogie boards on the snow rather than on the waves. Don't know if the snow is still there though.

Kempy it sounds like you've been really busy with your schoolwork. I bet you're doing just fine and it'll be over before you know it. When you graduate, the rest of us will just have to make an extended trip over there so we can visit with you and get our hair removal treatments. Or, we can just sit around eating that great cajun food and drink margaritas! That sounds more like it :cheers:

Well, I'm sitting here in my office and I need to pack up and go home. I'll be back tomorrow to see what's going on with you guys. Have a great evening all.

Kempyd
04-06-2004, 09:39 AM
I am here first HAH! I was trying to bet you Angie. hehe Not to much to report on my end. I am still pretty PMSy so most of the people I work with are steering clear of me which is really good for all of us. I hate to be such a ***** to them but hey the ask for it. ;)

Julie I saw the end of AJ last night. I didn;'t watch the whole show but I just thought for sure that he would pick Rachel. I guess that just goes to show you that even guys go for the looks. I thought Rachel was cute though and I could really see her with him. Those editing people are really good at making you think that they are going to pick the average person. They fooled me in the last 2 shows too.

Angie I will be done with school Aug 6. That is if I don't miss any days. It really doesn't matter if I do b/c I just need to be out of school no later than 30 days before my board exams. That is going to be about the 3rd Friday in Oct. I culd miss days and just make sure that I am done by Sept. 15. I am not going to do that though, I am ready to be finished.

Noelle you guys can COME ON DOWN!!! I think I like the drinking idea too. After all we are right here next to New Orleans. You guys could not come here and not go to the Big Easy. I mean I will remove hairs if you want but the going out and having fun party will be top priority. :D

I hope you guys make it here today. I need to keep myself busy on the computer so that I don't kill someone. :D

angieME
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah I think we should all make a trip to New Orleans together!! Wouldnt it be fun even if we only had a weekend to get to actually hang out in person? I havent drank in 10 years so I am sure I would be a sight!! :lol: :lol: :lol:Lets do it!!!

Noelle, Hanging out on the beach sounds like so much fun! I am jealous! It is so cold here right now. It is about 25 degrees and really windy for the last 2 days. The stray was ready to walk right into my house last night he was so cold. That is saying alot too because my cats are trying to kill him I think. I took a towel and some food out for him but Meatball(MY huge fat jerky male cat :lol: ) decided to sleep outside last night to guard the house so I dont think stray kitty got to use the towel.

Not much happening here. I have already screwed up this morning with some cake and peanut butter frosting so I vow that that will be it for junk food for the day because I have to start somewhere so I may as well do it now.

I will check back in later to chat.

angieME
04-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Hello. I skipped lunch and got in a half hour workout so maybe I will be doing pretty well calorie wise today afterall. I am going to eat a banana in a few minutes.

Whats everybody making for supper tonight? I baked chicken breast with the creole season last night and shredded it with some rice and it was so good that maybe I will do that agin tonight with some cauliflower and carrots too.

Where is everyone today?

Kempyd
04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I am here. I have been playing on ebay all day. I am in no mood to be doing work of any sorts.

Good for you Angie. I need to work out today but the talking myself out of it has already started. I have ne reason not to but when I feel like this it is hard to make myself do anything.

I am going to have low fat ravioli. Joe isn't home so there is no way that I am going to cook. Why cook for just one person. I can live on turkey sandwiches and soup. :D

jbbm
04-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Good Evening Girls

This is the first time I got to get to post all day :(. This morning I went and I got my haircut. It is cute and I am happy with it. I have not had one since last Sept. or Oct.? My hus was off of work today so the first time in a gazillion years I had the whole morning to myself. I went and got my haircut and the went shopping I bought, two shirts, a pair of shorts, pjs for the kids, and each a little toy (couldn't resist), a couple pair of new undies for myself not the sexy ones just comfy cotton :lol:, I bought a candle because it was purple and smelled good and thought it was lavender so it would calm my anxiety when I get it, but come to find out it is called Huckleberry. It smells good anyway. I also got my 2 yr old some undies and she said No way Mama I am not wearing underware. Give those to my brother! I had to laugh. They are so cute and tiny. Little Strawberry Shortcake undies. You know I forgot tons of things I wanted to get, this was x-mas money from my mom and still almost eneded up spending $100.00 God this world is expensive. I saw the cutest capris today, they were levi's stonewashed carpenter style but did not have my size. Figures. Oh well it was nice to get out by myself for a little bit. I missed my babies though. My hus and I celebrated our anniversary dinner tonight since last night was to crazy. We grilled steaks, baked potatoes, lots of sour cream and let me tell you I pigged out on the chocolate tonight :^:! After that I called my mom and said please don't by the kids any chocolate I can't control myself. I feel sick actually! We bought some chocoloate for Easter so that should be enough. I said by raisins, and fruit snacks. Mean mom huh? Just kidding. Well enough about me. I really have not have a chance to check up on the other posts from today.

Noelle I am so jealous. A beach sounds so much fun and Michael must love it. I want to pack a cooler and go to the beach with you and let our little boys play. Wouldn't that be great?

Angie your supper sounds good. How are you doing staying OP. I did terrible tonight and had tons, I mean tons of those damn Easter eggs filled with carmel and peanut butter. What am I going to do with myself? I will just blame it on pms. Even though I would still probally cave in. Hahaha

Kempy I was so mad when he picked the other girl on AJ. Ugh! I was telling my hus about it and he had never even seen the show. I don't even know if he knew what the heck I was talking about :lol:! Your dinner sounds good too. I love italian. Way too much, can't control that pasta. I just eat it and eat it and eat it. Isn't spring yard work fun? I have to replant a couple of bushes that died. But this afternoon my hus raked up some dead grass today, so hopefully it will turn green soon!

Well my friends I am bushed and so I have to clean up the kitchen and pick up a little bit and then I want to go to bed. Luv you all and Hello to everyone I missed. Julie

jbbm
04-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Btw wasn't American Idol terrrible tonight? I thought last season was much better. I would get the goose bumps everytime I heard Clay sing. I wish his tour was coming my way :(! I just love Clay. He has the most beautiful voice to me. Okay I must have really missed you guys today because I can't stop talking all ready!!!!!!!!!! Talk tomorrow, Julie

angieME
04-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Good Morning! Julie, I am glad you and your husband had a nice anniversary dinner. That chocolate will get ya everytime. :lol: I am the same way. I cant seem to control myself around junk food.

Well, It is actually pretty nice here today. We took the dogs for a walk and then came home and sat in the sunshine for a while and watched the kittens scratch on the sliders to come out. I cant bring myself to let them out alone, I dont know why. (maybe it is because they were so vulnerable when we found them that I dont want to take a chance.) I know I will have to let them eventually because when it gets warm my doors and windows stay open all summer.

Well, I did pretty well last night. I stopped at the cake for my only screw up and I even got in a total of 40 minutes exercise. That is better than I have done in a while

Well, I will check back in a while but right now I need to jump in the shower.

jbbm
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Good Morning Girls

Just checking in, got sometime right now for a second. Why are losing 10-20 pounds so hard? It doesn't seem like a big number....just keep moving
on :lol:!

Angie doesn't it feel good to sit in the sun? I did it yesterday afternoon and it felt so good. I don't think I picked up a tan but it just was great. All you people that live in those warm areas take advantage of it :). I told my hus that I am in such a better mood when it is above 60! I think it actually helps pms.

Kempy make sure you check in with us before you leave us for four days :(. I hope you are having a good day at work :).

Check back in later! Julie

Kempyd
04-07-2004, 12:29 PM
I am actually at home today. I have cramps so I figured I just need to stay here and sleep. Which I did. I didn't get up until almost 11. I am still pretty sluggish though. This month has been a pretty bad one for me this time.

Julie I am so happy that you got to be by yourself. Sometimes you just need to do those things.

Angie we can only leave our doors and windows open this time of year. In the summer you don't dare do it. :lol:

Well, girls I need to go lay back down so I will check back in a little later.

angieME
04-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Hello. Kempy, I got a little package in the mail today. Thanks. You are so sweet to make sure I get my creole fix! I was so surprised to see Jay come in with a package because I knew I hadnt ordered anything.

Julie, I could sit in the sun all day. My deck looks like the rocks in the ocean with all the seals laying on them only it is very obese cats!! :lol: :rofl:

Shadow is pissing me off so bad. He is one of my male cats but all winter he has started to spray and he literrally will spray anything in front of me. I am gonna knock him pretty soon. He sat outside today going from shrub to shrub and spraying them then last night he sprayed my wall and I hollered at him and he then went to the trash can and sparyed that while I stood there. Lets just say he got escorted outside really fast. :lol:

Kempy, Do you know if dogs are allowed on the beach in Destin? I know some places in Florida dont let them. I have been looking up campgrounds there because the sand is supposed to be so pretty but I only want to be where I can take the dogs with me too. That is why I loved Hanna Park in Jacksonville becuase the dogs were welcome on the beach and it only cost $16.00 per night with water,sewer and electric hook up.

Holy cow you guys I am so lucky I didnt eat the house last night because we were watching The Travel Channel and it was all about BBQ. That food looked so good! I am going to do a pork loin Saturday and make shredded pork sandwiches for supper I think.

Well, I had better get back to work but I wanted to let you know I got your Care Package and to thank you for being such a great friend!!

jbbm
04-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Kempy yes I did have fun shopping alone yesterday. I hope you feel better. Get a hot cup of tea and if you have a heating pad or a hot water bottle apply it to your lower belly area. You guys are going to laugh your butt off when you hear this one.....I am due for TOM on hus b-day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day and the fourth of July! Just my luck. After looking through July I didn't even want to check anymore :lol:!!!!

Angie that is so funny about your cats. I love fat cats! I can just imagine.

Well going to go figure out lunch. I don't know if I should do low carb again or go raid the Easter candy. Julie

Kempyd
04-07-2004, 03:54 PM
I had some time today to get these in. They are a little old but at least I finally got the posted. Can you tell we love these guys?

angieME
04-07-2004, 04:45 PM
WOW Kempy, the puppy is getting so big. I forget how fast big dogs grow. They are such cuties I just want to cuddle them. Which one is your avatar? Is it Rhea? Echo makes a great big sis. Your cat looks just like Little grey only a little bit lighter in color.

jbbm
04-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Kempy love the pics, and hope those nasty cramps are better. Thinking about you :). The dogs are just adorable. I love how comfy they look on the bed :lol:! Yes we sure can tell you love your babies!

Whats everyone making for dinner? We are having corn dogs and french fries. I am going to make some homemade honey mustard to dip. Not a healthy meal but I just want to do something easy tonight :^:.

angieME
04-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Julie, I did fat free hot dogs for supper with fries. We must be on the same wavelength. :lol: I am craving something sweet so bad!!

We got a loan to pay off our credit card so we can finally rip it up and stop paying so much in interest every month. YEAH!!! :cheer: That definately feels better to have a personal loan and not a high credit card to pay back. At least now the loan will be paid off in 4 years -VS- forever. :cheer: It doesnt take much to make me happy, huh?

Noelle, How is your day going so far?

Kempy, How's the cramps? Better I hope.

melekalikimaka
04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey gals, just getting a chance to sit down and post right now...I've been a little under the weather since yesterday and I've got the A/C running but then I get cold/hot/cold/hot--I hope I'm not menopausing :lol:. I know it's not because I've got a yucky sounding cough and stuffy nose to go with it, oh well, I'll live. I haven't been able to get completely back on the right track after the weekend with eating and all, and haven't been walking since I've been sick but I hope to get back 100% when I'm feeling 100%. I got a call from the Humane Society saying that weirdo neighbor guy of mine took his dog to the vet so for now, he's off the hook...I haven't walked past his house since last Thursday.

Kempy your girls absolutely look like they're smiling! I wanna grab them by the scruff of their neck and give them a great big hug. Hope those pesky cramps go away. I say go for the ibuprofen if your stomach can handle it.

Angie, I had a cat named Quasi Modo that would spray even though he was fixed when he was a kitten. It would drive me nuts. The vet said it was because he was the inferior male around the house and trying to establish his territory. My other larger fat cat Petey would just give him a good lickin' --and I don't mean with his tongue. He would beat him up just for the heck of it every once in a while, poor guy. I would keep a spray bottle of water and shoot 'em with it to break 'em of the habit.

Julie, don't know if I've offered you any anniversary wishes, but Happy Belated anniversary :lucky:. Glad you got that time to yourself, you deserve it. Your DD is too cute about giving the undies to her brother :lol:. My niece would wear her boy cousins underoos over her panties because she wanted to be "just like the boys" :o :lol:

Well girls, we've got 85 degrees here and it's still humid. We're expecting rain again tomorrow so hopefully it cools off. I know I shouldn't complain about the heat--especially with you girls up north...Cal knows how I feel though--except in AZ it's a dry heat isn't it Cal? :lol:

Hello to everyone else, hope everyone has a great evening. :wave:

jbbm
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Well just coming to say Goodnight

Noelle I hope you are feeling better. I think cold season starts all over in the spring. Don't feel bad about being off track. Just get some rest and then get back on track when you feel up to it. Tonight I went way overboard on Corndodgs, I don't know why I love those things but I do. I think it reminds me of childhood. Then I almost ate a whole bag of microwave popcorn and have four cookies and milk. I was doing so good but now it is all these cravings I seem like I can't control. I feel embarrassed even telling you guys I went on major binge tonight. But I just got get it out! Well Noelle one of your HI girls are gone on AI. Poor Camille, only if she could of came out of her shell. Well I got get everyone ready for bed and I would love to catch some of the new Bachelor tonight. He looks great looking. I just love watching those love reality show :o :lol: :)!!!! Hello and have a good night everyone. Julie

calnative
04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know how much I am really enjoying my time of. :D This has been a really relaxing week, even though I went with Ashley and all the kinders to the zoo on Tuesday; even got sunburned on my neck. It was a great day though.

The weather has been wonderful. Yesterday evening we even got some showers. Last weekend we got a lot of rain. The lake was back in our backyard for several days. :lol: No complaining here. I know the high temps are just around the corner. Noelle, you're right; it is a dry heat. :) The high humidity is hard to handle, in fact we've decided to do our Florida trip in October because we already know that the humidity will be unbearable.

Kempy: Enjoy the beautiful days now and the opportunit to open windows and doors. Just like you, we wouldn't dare open anything (except the freezer to stick our heads in :lol: ) during summer. Today is supposed to be very nice; partly cloudy and about 81.

Today the city is having an April Pools Day. There will be water safety and other safety demonstrations as well as chances for kids to see police cars, ambulances, fire trucks (always a big hit), and helicopters. We went to one last year and they even gave out free bicycle helmets for kids and adults. I enjoy these types of safety fairs because there is so much information and the kids love it.

Have a great day everyone.

Cal

angieME
04-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi everybody, sorry I havent been on yet but I have been running all day. We went to Bangor to do the loan papers and I was so proud of myself for resisting Wendy's and DQ's Pecan Mudslide(even though we left at 10 so there was no way to get them. :lol: ) I know I could have waited around like I used to but .... anyways, I was so proud until I got home and had my fat free bologna on my OLD wheat bread and it sucked so bad. Then the Honey Buns got done and yes I had some Honey bun. I am sure Easter is going to be a nightmare for me as well.

Julie, Dont be embarrassed to tell us when you overeat. Heck, If I never told you guys you wouldnt know how fat I got again. :lol: You reminded me yesterday to make a hair appointment. I need it cut shorter again it is at the awkward stage where it looks bad no matter what I do to it.

Cal, Your vacation sounds wonderful. My kids have the week of the 19-23 off.

I think we have too much sun today because my head is pounding. Even though I took some aspirin.

jbbm
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Girls

Angie great job resisting that fast food. I am going to try and do not any snacking tonight. I did enough last night for a week. I hope your head feels better. God I would just love one of those Honey Buns. I can only imagine how they taste warm out of the oven.

Oh girls....I can't wait until this pms is over this month. I could just bite my husband's head off. He can say the stupidest things sometimes and he knows I am having such a hard time this month. That knucklehead. Hahaha! Doesn't anyone or is it just me you wish you could just run away for the week of? My brother and his fiance are getting married they are telling the entire family.....but won't say when. ugh!!!! Thats getting to me. Just go to Vegas all ready then! When I was planning my wedding it was like everyone had to have their say what they wanted for it. It ended up being close to 500 people. I only wanted 150!!!! Oh well, I can't dwell on the past. They can just do what they want to do. So sorry for being such a b****! I could just cry to because I am going to have to control the kids and make them act like perfect well behaved children on Easter and thats when I am due, I will just be dying with cramps. We have three places to go to! I might only go to one or none. Keep a smile right? Everything seems worse when you think about it and anticipate it. Well I might go listen to some Clay Aiken or music. Take care and sorry for the b**** session. Julie

angieME
04-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey girls, This is really the first chance I have had to log on today. Today has been hectic. I am now Angie's Doggy Daycare. :lol: We started on our walk this morning and we went backwards so halfway down the hill we see a dog cross the road. So when we get to her she decides she likes my two and wants to play. She looked like a heeler(?) She was the size of a small lab and she had a head like a german shephard but she was black with silver spotting. Well, we decided not to walk into town with her following so we turned around and came home with her in tow. She almost got run over twice but we made it home and let the dogs all play in the field while I called animal control. This was at 9:30 this morning, we found her owners at about 3:00 and animal control finally got back to us at about 3:05(figures) I guess from now on I should take a spare leash with me since the lost dogs always come to us. :lol:

Julie, I didnt resist the junk food too well. The Honey Buns are fried like the rest of the donuts and I am getting Wendy's for supper tonight. But hey once Easter has come and gone we all have no more excuses and we have to get a groove going right? I am going to have to suck it up and except the fact that I have to get in gear come Monday.

Well, I have to go shopping but I hope everyone gets a chance to keep checking in all weekend and if not then....HAPPY EASTER!!! Have fun

melekalikimaka
04-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey girls, is anyone else slaving away at work today? I am , I am :cb:. With the Good Friday holiday our State/City workers are out and the roads are pretty clear. It's actually a quiet day as far as the phones go :crossed: and I'm happily doing paperwork that's been piling up. We have had a crazy past 2 weeks, I almost feel sorry for our new service tech...he's had to put in some looooooonnnnngggg hours--he and Rick were out at a condo trying to clear a main line drain up until midnight last night. :tired: But anyway, enough of that boring work stuff. How's everyone doing today? Any plans for the weekend? Easter egg hunts? Movies? Church? I'm feeling a bit better today as I've been doping myself up with Sudafed and Robitussin--no stuffy nose and the cough is controlled--yay!

Angie, you are the lost animal magnet I swear :). Animals can tell how much you love them so they just gravitate toward you. I'm glad you got to return the dog to the rightful owner though. Girls, I have to admit that this week has been absolutely horrendous with my eating, so there. I am with you 100% to start right and stay on track on Monday *hand over my heart*.

Julie breathe in, breathe out :lol: Hope you're feeling more relaxed today. And again, no need to apologize for griping around here, we all need to do it once in a while. You're a sweetheart and it's nice to know you get "that way" too :D.

Kempy, how're you doing?

Hello to Cal, Holly, Jacks..everyone! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL DAY/EVENING and a safe weekend. Don't know if I'll be able to log on over the weekend as my home computer is really screwy right now. Ciao ladies.

jbbm
04-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi Girls

Sorry to post so late, but better late than never. Hus got done with work for a half day. He took the kids to the park so it gave me a little time to get some stuff done.

Noelle I am glad you are feeling a little better. Hang in there, I know its hard not to feel well especially around the Holidays. I would really like to go to church this weekend. Maybe a late mass. I always feel better when I walk out of a church :). Refreshed and blessed. I do believe in God and angels. And each and everyone of you are like a angel to me! Happy Easter. Do you have any plans? I hope Michael enjoys his basket!

Angie, Wendy's, YUMMY!!!! I say we all start fresh on Monday. Sound good :lol:? Angie I swear your are an angel out there for animals....you are such a good person. Are you making a bunny cake? I love those and have not had one in years. All that good Hawiian coconut :lol: :devil:!!!!

Kempy I hope you have a nice weekend. Are you off tomorrow because of the Holiday on Sunday? I bet you have some good old southern treats in your neck of the woods this weekend? Give those doggies a hug for me, they are so darn cute! Do you have any plans for Sunday?

Well girlies I am going to get ready for bed. You all know how I feel at the end of the day. BUSHED!!!! Have a great weekend and I will check when I get sometime....until then Smile and Happy Easter! Luv ya girls Julie

angieME
04-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Good Morning. We are going shopping for Brit's running shoes for Track and her Duffel Cart. :lol: :lol: :lol: haha :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, I made the bunny cake with the coconut and I already ate half an ear. haha Good Bunny!!! I am slow cooking a pork roast for supper tonight.

Julie, I am glad you got some time to yourself. Monday sounds good to me too. :lol:

Noelle, I hope you are at least feeling better by Easter.

Kempy, Have fun at school. I miss ya.

calnative
04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Happy Easter everyone.

I hope everyone enjoyed Easter today. I so wish I could post pictures. Ashley looked like a princess in her Easter dress.

We had a great day.

Take care everyone and enjoy the coming week.

Cal

angieME
04-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Morning!! Are we all ready to get our asses in gear and lose this weight??!!! YES!!!!! Lets do it!!! We have at least until the 4th of July before we should have any major temptations right? Just think of how much better we will all look and feel by then.

Not much happening here today just getting our supplies delivered and then I will probably head off for a walk. I set the deck up yesterday and cashed in cans and bottles. $45.00 just since December. I guess we drink alot of soda. :lol:

I was in my daughters room looking for an envelope(because she usually grabs a bunch when I buy them) and I found a list of online crushes and a websight. WHAT?? I went on it and sure enough she's a member. I changed her email address on it so anything comes to my box(she had one set up and I think it was an old one at my sisters) Needless to say I will be doing some checking around to find out what the **** is going on. I have always told them no chatting online it is dangerous,etc. I hate the teen years!!!!

I will check back later.

Kempyd
04-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Sorry I didn't make it again for the weekend. It has been a crazy few days. Wednesday my teacher called to tell me that her MIL and grandmother were killed in a car wreck Tuesday night. Wednesday I was home sick (as you all know) so I got to deal with that news too. I had treated the MIL in school so it was kind of heart breaking for me. Thursday we had a half day so that she could get ready for the wake that night. I ended up going to Target. They opened one about 20 mins away from my house so I made an afternoon of it. I got a few more fish for the tank too. Friday I was off of school for the funeral (which I didn't go to). I felt kind of weird going to a place that I really didn't know the family. I went to look at a few houses w/ my mom, sister and brother. My mom is really into buying places to rent out and maybe live in herself later on in life. Once we were done there my sister and I went to Lowe's to buy more plants for my yard. I have no color in the back yard so I got some flowers for a few sun pots back there. (I am going to toot my own horn here, I think they look pretty good too). Saturday I had school and then yesterday I spent the day inside piddling and watching tv. Joe came home from the camp at around 1 and we watched that movie Duplex. I thought I was going to pee on myself I was laughing so had. Joe thought I was nuts. So to make a long story short (too late) I was pretty busy all weekend.

I am with all of you though on betting back on track starting today. I do have left overs fromlast night for lunch but I tried to make everything as healthy as possible. I made lasagna from scratch yesterday and I used the lite versions of everything. I did bring my workout clothes though so I can get some form of exercise in today. I really want to get myself into better shape. No more excuses!

Angie the picture in my avatar is of Rhea. I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes. If they are outside sleeping next to each other I have to really look at them to tell which one is which.

jbbm
04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Good Morning Girls

Angie good for you tackling that computer problem. Everyone has heard that sickos go into teenage chat rooms and try and get to know them. I agree lets get into speed mode with getting healthy and in shape.

Well gotta go I am being called. Hi to everyone. Julie

angieME
04-13-2004, 08:51 AM
How is this for odd? Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL outside. I spent the entire day outside, I cleaned the RV out and I raked the entire lawn to get the fallen tree limbs off from it, I raked out all my flower boxes to get them ready for new mulch,etc. and I woke up this morning to.... SNOW!!! My deck is all set up for the summer and everything. BOOHOO!! Julie, doesnt it suck when that happens. :lol:

Well, I need to confess my foods for yesterday.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Honey Bunches of oats with skim milk-160 calories

Lunch: 2 slices lowfat bread,1 slice fat free bologna,1teaspoon lowfat onion dip,WOW chips- 250 calories

Supper: 1/2 cup rice,3 oz. baked chicken breast,cauliflower-270 calories

Snack: 1 mini bag micro popcorn/sprinkle cheese and spray butter-170 calories
1 pack of easter snack cakes(I took the coating and fed it to the dogs)-250 calories
2 mini peanut butter cups-?

okay I guess the calories for the day werent bad but oh boy did I feel guilty last night. I felt like I had cheated on you guys. I will try not to let it happen again though.

Hows it going for you guys? I will check back in in a while.

Kempyd
04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Angie I don't think that is bad at all. The only thing that I can see that you need to do (if you don't mind me telling you this) is to add more veggies and fruit. Maybe some strawberries or something on your cereal, some lettuce and tomatoes on your sandwich. Dinner looked good w/ the cualiflower. I bet once you add those you will feel fuller longer and not need to eat the sweets.

I did my part on staying OP yesterday. I didn't eat 3 hours before I went to bed. Sometimes I feel that I snack to late in the evenings. I told Joe yesterday that I feel like I sabatoge myself. He said that he did notice that I was eating a littel to much lately. Ok, that was not what I needed to hear. I quickly stopped him and said that needed his support not those type of comments. He said that those might be what I need to hear. Wrong, I made sure that he knew that I walk a very fine line and those type of things will push me to eat more. I know that I am not the typical person that would get embarassed and stop eating. I am the person who will chow down when you say that I eat to much. I go into a depression and that is what I do to help with the depression. Not the best thing to do but that is what happens. (rant over) :D

angieME
04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I know I need more fruits and veggies. I actually have bananas sitting right here but I had a "craving" for the snack cakes. :lol: Boy dont I wish I was one of those people who craved fruits and veggies. I actually did the first time I lost weight. I went 1 full year with absolutely NO junkfood or snacks and I could tell when I had fresh fruits and veggies from the store. I wished I could get back to that time.

I am the same way you are. If someone says something I will go eat out of spite. Are you sure we arent twins? :lol: Like Danny Devito and Arnold. I am the short chubby one. :lol: We do share a birthday to. haha

The snow has stopped and now it is slowly melting but yuck. I hate to look outside in April and see that.

jbbm
04-13-2004, 02:55 PM
HI Girls

How is everyone doing today? I am doing pretty good staying OP. Since Easter. MIL sent home extra lemon cheesecake from the dinner but that went straight to work with my hus. The kids don't like it anyway. I am with you two, I want to start eating more vegetables. But its the carbs I crave like you Angie, cakes and cookies! What is everyone making for dinner? I think I will make ham and cheese omlettes. I have extra ham leftover from the one I baked on Saturday.

Kempy isn't it hard not to snack in the evenings? I just want some popcorn or a cookie or something. Good job though last night. Believe me when I get down I want to eat too. Its a hard thing to confront not to do.

Angie May is right around the corner. I know how you feel though, it can be nice out one minute and snowing the next. We had snow flakes last weekend but nothing stayed on the ground.

Hi to everyone. Noelle come out and tell us about your Easter! Julie

melekalikimaka
04-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey girls :wave:. Not too much time to talk right now but I'll come right out and say it, I was not OP yesterday :( but I am doing good so far today. We had a hawaiian style easter dinner--all the foods you could ever imagine at a full-on luau... anyway, all the family less one sister came over. I hid a dozen plastic eggs in our backyard and let Michael go hunting for them. It was funny because Kai started sniffing them out before I even called Michael out of the house. When my niece came over I hid the rest of the eggs and she and Michael went on another hunt. The eggs they couldn't find we had Kai help them by saying "go find"--he would go straight to the hidden eggs using his nose--what a cheater! It was hilarious to watch.

I have all the "tools" I need to be OP, my freezer and fridge are stocked w/healthy choices. I just need to quit yapping about it and DO IT!

Bravo to all of you who have stuck with it like you said you would. I am following in your footsteps today. We have free Jamba juice day today at all the local stores but I bypassed that and got my FF latte instead.

Angie/Julie sorry to hear you girls are still having snow. I'm still suffering from a slight sunburn from the weekend :o , if that makes you feel any better :)

Kempy, I am the same way about people making comments about what I'm eating or not eating....exercising or not exercising. Our minds are tricky things eh? Well, we all have the power to control our own destinies so let's do it!

I gotta run for now, but will run in later to check things out. Ciao!

angieME
04-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Julie, I have some spaghetti sauce with meatballs in the crock pot for supper tonight. I love that. I have to get on the elliptical or the treadmill or the bike in a minute since I didnt get any exercise in today.

Jay is dieting with me too. He really wants to lose some weight since he gained quite a bit with me this winter and his Dad is a very big man and he is afraid that he will get that big. We really are screwed though, How many restaurant owners do you see that are small? We have to look at food and it is so hard. Today I mixed up cookies to shape and freeze so I can just pull them out and bake them in the future for the accounts and I had a hard time not baking some off for myself. I still cant believe that I gained so much back again. I wonder if I will ever get a handle on my weight and stop yoyo-ing so bad. I think losing all my weigh actually made my eating worse because I now will say "okay all the food needs to be gone tonight so that I can get back on track in the morning" and then the next day I do the same thing so I am actually eating quite a bit but with good intentions of getting back to dieting the next day(if that makes any sense)

angieME
04-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey Noelle you were posting the same time I was. Yep, we can all get back on track together and support each other. I miss it being like it was when we all were doing so well. It was so nice to come here every week and see everyones losses. Let's do it.

You are making me drool with the thoughts of a traditional Hawaiian Luau. My moms best friend did one when she was in Hawaii and she said the pig was so good and it just fell off the bone. YUM!! You lucky dog!! I think I actually got quite a bit of sun yesterday but not today. :lol:

What is Jamba juice?

It sounds like Michael had a great Easter. I love his name. Did I ever tell you that I wanted to name Corey Joshua Michael before he was born? I got negative comments from the Inlaws so I changed it. But I loved that name.

melekalikimaka
04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi Angie...sorry to make you drool **hmmm, wheres the smiley with the bib icon :lol:

Here's a recipe (just shoot me, I know) for Kalua pig in the oven or the crock pot, you can have your own taste of a luau right at home:

1 4-5lb pork butt
1 tsp Liquid smoke
1/4 cup Hawaiian salt (rock salt will do)
2 cups water

For oven
Place pork fat side up in a roasting pan or deep casserole dish
Combine water and liquid smoke and pour over meat
Sprinkle with salt
Cover and roast in oven at 400 degrees F. for 3 hours
Remove, cool and shred

For Crock pot
Make slits through pork butt and generously rub with salt and Liquid smoke
Place in crock pot on high for 5-7 hours
It is done when meat comes apart easily when prodded with a fork
*I add round onion and black pepper to mine.

Jamba Juice is a smoothie joint -- www.jambajuice.com (I was suprised to see they weren't in LA or ME but they are in WI) Although people think smoothies are healthy, they can be loaded with more calories than you think, hence why I skipped them today even though they were free *pat myself on the back* and lastly, Michael was Rick's uncles name so it was his choice. I like the name although I think it's a little too comon, BUT it is the name of the archangel so I was alright. I wanted Jacob Dylan (like the Wallflowers guy) :lol: OK girlies, I really gotta get back to work :cb:.

chikitababe
04-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi Ladies! I need to try and check in more often, it keeps me accountable for my eating habits. I tried talking with my husband about it, but, he says I worry too much and that I am fine the way I am. Nice, but, doesn't help my efforts. Darn scale said 145 this am, though it is first day of TOM, but, we do have 3 kids who have 3 easter baskets FULL of the good stuff. I have been so off plan, and REALLY need to get back on!! Tomorrow, I hope! I do well when at work, then I come home and totally screw it up. Here's my eating today:

Breakfeast: oatmeal with 1/2 cup 1% milk & 1 tsp brown sugar

Lunch: 1 cup light and fit vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup applesauce

PM Snack: Here's where the trouble starts, lol. 1 tsp peanutbutter, all natural, 4 jelly beans, 3 pieces of easter chocolate

Dinner: Chef Boyardee lasagna bake

I have been so busy with Mary Kay, working 25 hours a week out of the home, daycare after school until 5:30 pm, and trying to keep our house in decent shape. I have been exercising, but, not as much. Although last night I did get in 3 miles with WATP, and did 30 mins of Gilad's Bodies In Motion.

Angie,

It is good that your husband is dieting with you. It really helps to be able to cook the same for the both of you.

Noelle,

Don't feel bad for being off plan, I have been WAY off plan, lol. Hey, great job on choosing the fat free latte!

Julie,

Good job on staying on plan! I need some motivation....or a good kick in the rear :lol:.

Kempy,

You sound like an emotional eater, like me. If I am sad, I eat. If I am happy, I eat. If I am grouchy, I eat. Just too much eating!! I guess I just LOVE food, lol.

Hi to everyone else!! I hope I can start over tomorrow OP!

Holly

angieME
04-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Noelle, I am going to get a ham for next weekend and try that recipe. It sounds good. Thanks.

Holly, My trouble starts with the afternoon snacking too. It seems like 3:00 comes and all I want to do is eat until bed and I dont go to bed until around 11:00 so I guess I know how I got so fat again. :lol:

Well, I did yesterday totally OP!! I traded cookies for Nookie!!! :devil: :lol:
Hey, It kept me busy!!

Kempyd
04-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Angie just look at it this way, you not only turned down the cookies you burned calories too. :lol: I see nothing wrong with that.

I think we might all be getting back on track. I had an OP day yesterday too. I am trying to make myself have a salad every night before dinner. I eat the whole thing first too so that I don't eat so much of the other stuff that I have cooked. It really does fill me up. I have even gotten in 2 days of wieght training. Yesterday JOe and I took the dogs for a walk. It was so beautiful outside plus it was good for all of us to spend time together.

Oh, did I tell you guys that we think Echo is prego? Her belly is getting pretty tight and she is getting very lazy. As Joe says she is in no hurry to do anything. They say that is a sign for dogs. So, hopefully we will have some babies by the end of May.

jbbm
04-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Girls

Angie you are so darn funny, and I also agree with Kempy you burnt up some cals.

Kempy congrats about Echo. I just love lab puppies. You are going to have to baby her and give her some extra treats!

I agree, I think we are all starting to get back on track it seems like. Yesterday I was totally OP eating and I even did some cardio. I have not gotten on the scale in a while. I might just try staying OP for a length of time and then jump on it. Well I better not jump-I would probally break the thing and it is to expensive to replace. Check in later. Julie

angieME
04-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Puppies!!! Too bad she wasnt due until December and then I could come down and play with them. :lol: You are gonna fall in love with them all. Way to go Kempy with your weight training and walks. You are doing great!

Oh my god, it is actually muggy here today. Yes, it can be 50 and muggy!! :lol: :rofl: We did a walk and it was so stuffy. I have to do another after work if it isnt raining out. It is pretty dark out right now so we will have to see. Maybe I will get stuck doing the elliptical. That is fine if there is some good music blaring. It is so much easier when I can crank the stereo.

Have you guys caught the MTV show where they do the makeovers? I want a famous Face. It is so gross to watch. I dont know how I could get a tummy tuck done after watching that. YUCK!

Well, I had better get back to work. Talk to ya later.

jbbm
04-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Hi its me again

Whats is everyone making for dinner? I have no idea yet. Feel kinda lazy in that department.

Angie I did see that episode, I believe she wanted to look like Kate Winslet? I could not believe how much skin and tissue they took off. She must have been in terrible pain. I have heard of people that I know who have had C-sections and they were in pain. But with a tummy tuck they cut you from hip to hip. Yikes!!!! Anyone going to watch AI tonight? They changed it tonight because of the president last night. I am going to watch but I am just not into it like last years episode.

Kempy last night I was watching Food Finds on Food TV and they had these red beans in a can they were making like creamy kidney beans with spices. They were made one hour out of New Orleans and they looked so good. I can not remember what they were called but they came in a blue can. I love beans. I could eat them out of a can as a meal.

Check in later! Julie

Kempyd
04-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Angie you don't know muggy until you have been down here in the middle of August. :lol: I have never seen that show. I am not a fan of surgery tv. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Julie was it Blue Runner beans? Those are in a blue can. I am not certain where they are made though. I have a killer red bean recipe. I am kind of famouse for them amoung my friends. It is really easy too and it takes less than an hour to cook. If you like spicy food I can give you the recipe.

I am sitting here waiting for the owner to finish w/ his massage so that I can work my legs today. Must be nice to have a massage every week.

jbbm
04-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Kempy I would love the recipe when ever you have the time to post it. I know you are really busy with work and school. Thanks :)! It really would be nice to get a massage once a week....I can't even get my husband to give me one :lol:! And yes thats the name of the beans. I have never seen them in the grocery stores around here. Well girls better start thinking about supper.
One of my little ones I think is coming down with a cold. Maybe it is just allergies, who knows? I will just give her some extra tlc and popsicles.

angieME
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Julie, I watched that show too! I love the Food Channel.(almost as much as I love food. haha)

Kempy, I can only imagine how bad the humidity must be down there in the summer. How do you guys handle it? It must be about the same effect for you guys as winter is for us...a few months where noone goes out of their house. I guess there is good and bad everywhere,huh?

Julie, I am making jambalaya with baked chicken and maybe peas for a veggie. That sounds pretty good tonight. I just had a banana for a snack. Those things are so good.

Kempy, Is it strawberry season there yet? I cant wait until July for ours. I pick so many quarts and the kids freeze them and blend them up with milk and ice cubes for snacks. I am dying for some lobster too but it is so expensive right now.

angieME
04-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Geesh, now I am craving baked beans. Maybe I will have Jay grab a can and do fat free hotdogs and baked beans for supper tomorrow night. Do you guys add brown sugar to canned baked beans? I do and it makes them so good. I need something quick for supper tomorrow night so I can get my hair done.

jbbm
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Angie if I am in a pinch and want calico beans but do not have the time to make them, I just take a can of baked beans a large can and add some brown sugar, mustard and ketchup and let them simmer for a while. Sounds strange but good. My mom would do this and then cut up hot dogs and put it in the beans. It was yummy. I am going to have chili tonight after all this bean talking today :lol:! Julie

angieME
04-15-2004, 02:13 PM
FINALLY!!!! I couldnt get on this morning so I figured I would sneak in to try again now. It has stopped raining now but it turned a little windy.Holy cow Julie, We are supposed to hit 70 on Monday and Tuesday this week!!!! :cheer: YEAH!! I think it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy but at least it will be warm. If I have to sit on the deck in the rain to feel some warm air then I guess I will. haha :lol:

I cant believe I have done so well this week since I guess I was PMSing. I started my period today. I did eat 7 of the little Nestle crunch snack bars last night though but the scale went down another pound this morning so I dont feel so bad. Especially since I wanted to eat them all but guilt made me stop.

I hope everyone can log on all weekend. we are gonna need each other to get through the weekends. Well, Back to work but I wanted to make sure to check in.

jbbm
04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi Girls

So far so good for today for being OP. Not to much going on. Kind of tired today my little was up at 3 a.m. And I could not fall asleep until midnight. I wish I could catch a nap today. It is beautiful outside, upper 60's and sunny. Great job on being down a pound Angie! Doesn't it feel good just to start it and get it over with? I know I always do. Well check in later girls. Everyone have a great Thursday. Julie

Kempyd
04-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Hello, Hello. I have a few minutes to pop in right now. I am cooking dinner and I felt that I needed to check in with you guys. Wow, we are all staying OP. I am so proud of us. I have been too. I even took the dogs for a walk today when I got home from the gym. Yes, I went and worked out after school today. That is that first time I have done that since I started school. I felt pretty good about it once I was done. I only did weight though. But that is what I am concentrating on right now. I feel that I need to tone up right now and if weight loss come with it then so be it. That will just be the added bonus. I am thinking about shorts weather and it scares me from all of the jiggling I am doing. :D

Julie the red beans are:

2-3 cans do not drain (you could use more for a bigger family) dark red kidney beans. I use the store brands so it doesn't have to be the Blue runner kind.
1 lbs hot sausage
2 bay leaves

the rest is to your tasting:
garlic powder
Tony Chachere's http://thecajunconnection.com/tonychachere.html scroll down the page to the first container of seasoning. I don't know if you can get that where you are or not but that is what I use.

Once you have everything in the pot I bring it to a boil. Turn down heat to a slow bubble and stir frequently. I thing the key to using canned beans it that you cook them long enough so that you break them up and get them really soft. I usually cook the for about 30 min. You may have to adjust the cook time. Let me know if you make them. Of course you will serve them over rice and also with garlic bread or corn bread.

GEMonster
04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

It's been a while (November/December) and I went completely AWOL. I apologize. :sorry: I just hadn't touched this website since my breast reduction surgery... that's how long it's been :yikes:

If you don't mind me coming back aboard after jumping ship midthread - I would be most appreciative. I don't want to interrupt and be rude after being away such a while. (see I am working on my manners :halffull:) Life has kind of been crazier than anticipated but I am not the only one who feels that way to be sure.

Hello again to Kempy, Noelle, Angie, holly, Julie and any one else I may have missed.

:twirly: GEMonster/Summer :twirly:

jbbm
04-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi Kempy glad to see you could pop in. Thanks alot for posting the recipe, it sounds very good, something that my hus would like. I don't know if I can get that Tony's here but I will check next time I am at the grocery store. It sounds like you are doing so well staying OP. I just ate supper and I think, well I know I over did it with the pizza. And I also had a salad with some leftover ham from last weekend. I am glad the ham is gone, I am hammed out! Oh well got my cardio in today so I am not going to worry to much about it. I think it was emotional eating tonight....the kids are screaming, not crying but just yelling constantly. Hus had a rough day at work and I have an end of period headache. Oh well I took some tylenol and feel better all ready. Hopefully my daughter will not get up tonight at 2 or 3. Whah, that makes for an exhausting day. She has a cold and at two years old they just do not know what to do with themselves and I am sure all you mothers out there know what it is like trying to get medicine in them. Its like your giving them poison :lol:, they just don't understand its to make them feel better. Well I hope everyone has a good night. I will probally check in after the kids are in bed and it quiets down around here :). Have a great night everyone. Julie

angieME
04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey Kempy, I am so happy you got a chance to check in. We miss ya with the long weekends. Great job with the exercising. I hope we are all getting in the swing of things again. That would be so nice.

GEM, Hi. Feel free to come back, we missed you. How bad did the breast reduction surgery hurt? I would love a tummy tuck some day but I am a wuss with blodd and needles. :lol:

Julie, I know what it is like to have a 12 year old that acts like a 2 year old when having to take medicine. :rofl: I hope your daughter has a better night tonight. Get some sleep girl.

I just got my hair done. I had her highlight it alot this time so it almost looks blonde. Maybe if I get brave I will take a picture tomorrow and post it and you can all see how fat I got again.

Well, I am off to watch Survivor.

jbbm
04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
BTW all you AI fans who do you think is out tonight? I think it is going to be Jasmine or John Stevens I believe his name is?

melekalikimaka
04-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Hey girls, my life is a whirlwind right now *insert cyclone icon here*. I had ONE OP day this week :^: ... will somebody kick my boo-tay? I believe if any one of you extends your foot out even a tiny bit it's bound to make contact since it's gotten so much larger lately :lol: ... I've been running around so much these days and it's hard to get a regular meal in. I don't think a regular breakfast of just a nonfat latte constitutes a healthy breakfast. By the time dinner rolls around I'm ready to eat the house. Today, big procrastinator that I am, I've been getting my tax returns done and finally got them in the mail this afternoon *whew*. anywho, you girls who are getting back to staying OP I salute you. Keep it going, I know the good vibes will just rub off on me and I'll get back into it. I'm just going so crazy right now--we're booking appointments over a week in advance and I need another guy just to do the daily calls. Business is booming right now and that's a good thing, I guess. CALGON, take me away!

Summer, welcome back! Jump right back in, the water's great. :wave:

Aloha to all my gals :wave:

OK, so who's going to let me in on the AI scoop? Who's out? Jas? Jon or JPL? ...Julie, don't let me down ;)

jbbm
04-15-2004, 09:36 PM
NOELLE I can NOT believe it JPL is gone. I liked him better than the red headed guy and that is who it was down to, the two of them. I am so shocked! JPL was different and had I believe he had some future with some training and he was a cutie. Oh well. America votes. Julie

melekalikimaka
04-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the tip Julie... I'm kinda sad for JPL, I liked his attitude, he was fun to watch. I can't believe Jon Stevens is still in there though w/ all the mediocre performances he's had the past few weeks. I guess everybody and their grandmas and grandpas are voting for him! *smirk* Whew, my guess is that Jas will be next. She's a good singer but she's got nothing on my girl LaToya. Fantasia was great last night but LaToya just seems so much more refined as a whole. I love Mr. Huff's voice too...a little smoky and hot hot hot :flame:

jbbm
04-15-2004, 09:48 PM
I agree Noelle, now that JPL is out I think LaToya should win. She has great style, voice and is so beautiful.

GEMonster
04-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Morning! :coffee:
Tax day is over! As an investment person I am so happy! ;) plus it is Friday which compunds my happiness! :cb: and it's sunny! :sunny: Yeah! :dancer:

AI fans? just started this year because my youngest brothers friend is on. He's the red head you don't like. Nice kid but just that -he's a kid. I thought his time was up after crocodile rock fell flatter than a pancacke...oh well

Alot of new stuff on the site since I have been here. What is that egg with an exclamation point mean?

I've been pretty good this week and all. OP as you say and I give myself one day a week off usually Saturday. :cheers: More conscious of my snacking - now I choose fruits and healthier stuff instead of candy and I have cut out most of the refined sugars. I said most not all...I am not totally nuts. I was 160 starting this, now 153 and going down. A health scare will motivate you just don't wait that long until it does is my advice! I gotta say new smaller boobs make it alot easier to exercise. No black eyes! :lol:

Noelle congrats on the booming business :bravo: but don't let it be the reason you are not OP! bring healthy snacks to graze on so you don't go glutton at night. Not trying to get up on a :soap: just don't sacrifice your health that's all.

Hey to Julie, Angie and Kempy! TGIF TGIF TGIF!

:twirly: GEM/Summer :twirly:

angieME
04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Good Morning. We had to go to Corey's school to watch his play this morning. It was cute and of course he was the baker. :lol: They handed out cream puffs after the play and Brittany sat beside us and made us each take one so she could eat them. She is a skinny little pig.

We got in a walk with the dogs afterwards and of course now I am all sweaty. YUCK!! I usually walk and then shower but with Corey's play I showered first. Big mistake!!

Noelle, I cant kick you in the butt because I know how hard it is to get started and I have done the same thing myself for oh lets see....about 6 months now. You will get it just take baby stepas and we are here to support you either way.

What's everyone got planned this weekend?

angieME
04-17-2004, 07:04 PM
HELLO.......Anyone home???? Where is everyone? We all have such a hard time with the weekends so this is when we should be here. I miss you guys.

We went to Bangor to go to T.C.B.Y. for a fat free yogurt and they closed!!!! Now there is no where to get soft serve yogurt around me. That sucks. Other than that not much going on with me this weekend.

jbbm
04-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Angie it looks like you and me just do weekend patrol! We have been busy all day getting wood chips for the yard and spreading them. We have not eaten dinner yet and I am starved. I hope I don't overeat, but I don't think I will because I have got the kids nasty cold. And my throat is killing me. I agree with you no matter how busy we are we should just try and make an attempt to get here on Sat. or Sun. Because that is when most of us lose our willpower and control. So come on EVERYBODY post here on the weekends so Angie and I don't feel so alone. I miss everyone too. Well better get some supper on. Check in later. Julie

angieME
04-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Hey Julie, how are you feeling today? Better I hope. I have to go buy some deck stain and do the deck and the side steps but of course the house payment was due this week. Maybe next week. I cant believe how warm it is getting on the East coast...Everywhere except Maine really. :lol: We were supposed to see 70 tomorrow but they keep shrinking it down every day. Now they say either side of 60. How is that for pinpointing the temps? :rofl:

I have to get to work but I will check back later.

angieME
04-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Talk about a hard days work!!! :lol: I managed to cut myself at work today while slicing the pumpkin rolls. Ran the knife right down the skin under my thumb on the palm. OUCH!! I thought I was gonna puke. I got that all bandaged up and then went to grab a box and stuck a staple in my thumb on my other hand. haha :rofl:

How is everyone doing today? It is pretty nice outside right now but a little windy. I am very jealous of all the 80 degree weather just south of us though.

jbbm
04-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Ouch! Angie!

You are not having a lucky day today work. I am feeling a little better. Less of a sore throat but stuffy, just feeling icky and worn out, and an irritating mom. Add those up and you got a miserable day. It is extremely windy here right now but warm. It must be at least seventy degrees. What are you making for dinner Angie? We have chicken on the grill (leg quarters) and when they a get close to being done we are going to put some bbq sauce on them. I think I will let hus do all the cooking and cleaning up tonight. My arms feel like spaghetti. I can hardly type this message. Angie do you think you need stitches? I hate those deep cuts that you can feel throb. Hope it gets better soon. Take it easy okay? Let that wonderful husband of yours help you out. As I know he will, he loves ya so much.

I wanted to do tons of spring cleaning this weekend and clean out closets but I just got my cleaning done that had to be done, bathrooms and dusting and stuff like that. I just have to vaccum the family room. Well just wanted to say Hello and have a great Sunday everyone, take care. Julie

calnative
04-18-2004, 05:34 PM
I have such good intentions of posting more often. This last week was soooooo tiring. Kids were fine, really, I'm just feeling so exhausted. I think I got to bed by 8:30 every night. Yesterday was very windy. I told everybody that we had Santa Ana winds, but without the heat. The wind was blowing about 30 mph; very dry also only 9% humidity. The temp was around 70. Today the wind is calm and it is about 70. Julie: to you 70 is warm, to us it is cool. :) In fact, I'm ready to put on a long sleeve shirt. :lol:
Angie: take care of your hand. I hope it's not too bad.
I have an interview with a school that is closer to where I live. If I get it, I will be about 10-15 minutes from home instead of 30-45. The interview is on Friday. :goodluck: It will also be for 7th grade which is what I want.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hello to everyone else.

Cal

angieME
04-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Julie, We had Tuna helper with peas,broccoli and bisquits. I dont need stitches because I scraped it down the tip of the blade so it isnt too deep but it does hurt. :lol: It was so funny tonight I was peeling a cucumber for Jay and he said"I can cut that. I dont want you to hurt yourself too bad so you cant work tomorrow." :lol: The little puke. haha

Cal, I am glad you have been getting too bed early. You need your sleep in order to keep up with a classroom full of kids.Good luck with your interview. I would hate to have that long of a commute every day especially with the traffic you describe.

My kids are on yet another weeks vacation. We just played badminton on the front lawn and we all suck so bad. :rofl: I think I am going to buy some tennis racquets this weekend so me and Jay can play tennis on the courts across from his moms bakery. It is way in the country so there wont be anyone to watch how bad we are.

I am going to start to cook meat in the crockpot on Saturdays. I usually get take out because I dont like to cook on my one day off so maybe that will keep me eating right for that day. :crossed:

I think I survived the weekend okay. My snack yesterday was Fat free frozen yogurt from Blue Bunny. Alot better than a typical Saturday thats for sure.

Kempyd
04-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey guys. I guess I am the only one here so far today. The boss isn't here so I am trying to catch up on the stuff from the weekend. We got bad news yesterday. My cousin who is 16 yrs old got killed in a car wreck. He and his GF were driving on a curvy road and they think he lost control and the truck flipped. The truck caught on fire and they burned. Isn't that terrible. Such young kids to have their life taken like that. Ok now that we are all depressed.

Cal I think we must have all had wind yesterday. It was blowing like crazy here too. I loved it though. It kept the heat to a tolerable level.

GEM I thought I was going to die when I read that you know JS from AI. I think he is good but he only has one style of singing and I am not really certain if that style is what would go over now-adays. I watched last years though and I don't think that the poeple on this season are very good. I do have to stick w/ my home town boy George though. It just wouldn't be right for me not to vote for him. :D

Angei how is your hand today. I have done that to myself sharpening a knife. That is not the best feeling in the world. I am so proud of you for getting you walks in.

Julie I am sorry that I have been leaving you guys on the weekends. I swear things just keep popping up. I know that isn't an excuse though.

It is lunch time so I will check back in a few.

jbbm
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh my God Kempy I am so sorry for your loss. How sad, so young. The parents must be just so sad and devastated. What a terrible thing to happen. Hugs to you :grouphug:....

How is everyone doing today? I am feeling a little better. Probally because hus went back to work :lol:! I think we argued about everything under the sun. Stupid things. I think I am going to get some homemade salsa made and in the fridge. It always clears things up for a cold when you add a little heat. I will probally make what I always make on Mondays....enchiladas or super stuffed grilled burritos. With refried beans.

Angie I hope your hand is doing better. When you get a bad cut it is hard to do anything. Especially dishes or anything involving getting it wet. Take care. Did you get a walk in today? If call dancing around for a half hour with the kids I guess I got some excercise in today :) .

Noelle how are ya doing? I love the show House Hunters on HGTV and they had an episode last Thursday from Hawaii. It was so beautiful there. And I also learned one of the traditions there, everytime they went to go look in the house everyone took off their shoes. Even the realtor. Talk about clean floors! I am glad business is booming for you and Rick. But I hope it is not driving you crazy. I am starting to feel the sadness of my little starting school. How are you coping with that? I mean it actually brings me to tears. Am I normal :?:?

Hi Cal I think we got your wind last night. We had severe thunderstorms and boy was it windy....up to 50 miles per hour.

Have we lost Jacks? Where are ya girl? Come out and chat when you get a minute.

Well I will check in later I am going to go eat some lunch. Have a great afternoon everyone. I am so glad it is Monday, I know that sounds strange but I love just hearing about everyone's day. I am a pretty boring person, huh? Hahaha ....Julie

angieME
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I made it here today. It is nice outside today so we just kinda hung outside for a while since the evil weatherman says it is supposed to cool back down for the rest of the week. WAAAHHH!!!! Yeah We got in a 3 mile walk this morning. I feel guilty because I know I should do it again in the evening but we have just been doing things around the house at night and stuff instead. We let the kittens outside today but I maed them go back in because I dont want them to get lost. I am so pathetic!!! :lol: Then the kids went out the side door and must not have shut it because Jay noticed Little Gray outside and Tigger too. So I put them back inside and Tigger will jump from the floor onto my shoulders now so he did that and I petted him and put him on the table to go outside and when I turned to step outside he jumped from the table to my back and got his claw caught in my chin!!!! I was swearing something feirce. :lol:

Kempy, I am so sorry for your loss. It is terrible to see someone die so young and such a horrific way to go to.

Julie, I swear to god we do the same things every night. I saw that episode too and thought it was neat to learn. Can you believe they picked the brand new house though? I would have thought they would have taken the other nice one with the big yard for the dog since that is why they were house hunting to begin with. :lol:

Yeah Jacks Where are ya girl? Come out and chat.

jbbm
04-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Girls

I made it back after dinner tonight. Gosh am I ever stuffed. I decieded to make bean enchiladas and homemde salsa. I ate almost two of them. Oink Oink for me :lol:!

Angie what did you make tonight? Yes, about the House Hunters show I was very surprised when they purchased the new home. It sure was beautiful. They must be millionaires to afford something like that in HI. I agree I did like the house though with the beautiful yard and coffee trees. Imagine how cool that would be to pick the beans, roast them and freshly brew some coffee with you awesome treats you make. It would be mid-afternoon heaven to me!

Kempy I am thinking about you and your family at this difficult time. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Take care.

Well kids are calling I better go see what is going on, even though dad is suppose to be watching them....Men sometimes. Julie

Kempyd
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, I am checking in right now b/c I am not certain when Iw ill be back on. We are leaving in the morning to head to north LA for the wake and funeral so I know it wont even be until late Wednesday until I get home.

Julie your dinner sounds awesome. I wish I would have had that. I ate some frozen bird's eye dinner. It wasn't really that good. I skipped my workout today b/c I needed to get to the store and it doens't look like I am goint to get much exercise in this week.

I will check back in as soon as I can. See you later.

angieME
04-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Good afternoon. I just got in one half of my walk because it was so windy when I got up that I werent walking downtown in that. The wind has died down some and the sun has warmed the air up a bit. Yesterday was so nice outside. Me and Jay sat outside half the night playing badminton with Corey and Brittany.

Julie, Your suppers always sound so good. I am making spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight. Whatcha been up to today?

Noelle, Where are ya? Work getting too busy? I hope you can check in this week but if not just know we miss ya.

jbbm
04-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Girls

Angie I can't remember the last time I had spaghetti and meatballs. That sounds great. I usually just crush the meat in the sauce to be quick. Tonight I over did it with the cheese again. I made stuffed baked potatoes with chopped chicken breast, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. And buttered bread on the side. Way to many carbs and fat for me. Thanks for saying my suppers sound good. You are so sweet. What you cook always makes my mouth water! I try to be creative, some weeks it feels like we eat the same thing and it just gets boring. Are you going to watch AI tonight? Barry Manilow is going to be the guest judge.
I didn't do to much today. Last week was our warm spell and now it was 40 degrees and felt like winter again. I want 70's. My legs are so white it is embarrassing!

Did anyone watch The Restaurant last night with Rocco Dispirito? He is so gorgeous. A real flirt too. He actually does look like my younger brother. Gross, I don't have a crush on my brother like I do Rocco though. He is so cute! Well kids are yelling so I will check in later. Julie....Hi everyone

angieME
04-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Confession time!!! Last night Brittany was begging for no bake cookies so I caved and made them and then I ate 3. I also just ate another one. I am so afraid I will never get back on track long enough to actually lose this extra weight. :yikes:

I could hang the weather girl today. She said it wasnt windy out so I took my walk without a coat. BBBRRR!!!!! I am still chilled to the bone because it was so windy.

Not much happening here. We are so bored. Today is kinda like a day off because the accounts usually slow for the midweek and then they will pick up tomorrow night again.

Where is everybody anyway? Noelle, Jacks,Cherie,etc.

Julie, How is your day going so far?

GEMonster
04-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey all

Kempy I am so sorry for the loss. My prayers go out to you and her family :sorry:

Angie I hope your hand is feeling better and you are making me crave the no bake cookies! I haven't thought about those in years...yummy :cbg:

Julie - home made salsa and enchiladas sounds so good right now. I have had the flu so I can only dream about food. Me and soup and crackers are fast friends these days.

Noelle I hope all is well where ever you may be.

I wish I had more exciting news to share but just me battling this flu - it is an epic battle but one that will be won none the less. Needless to say my movement has been to a minimum. to the chagrin of my puppy.

Hello to everyone else.

be well.

jbbm
04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi Angie

Maybe since you don't have much going on today you should do something nice for yourself. Think of it as enjoying a day off. I wanted to clean the outside of my windows but it is suppose to rain here all day. I feel chilly too. Its damp, rainy and in the 40's. I should go and warm up though and do some sort of workout. Lately it has been just cardio, here and there when I get the time. Plus it is so hard to excercise when the little one wants to be carried all the time. I think we are going to have chili for supper. Maybe if I get the ambition I will cook it up and put it in the crockpot.

Kempy if you check in today our thoughts are with you. You and your family must have had a rough couple of days. Hope you are doing okay.

Noelle where are ya? We need ya here with that sunny attitude and HI style! I know your busy just to let you know, Hello!

Check in later. Julie

jbbm
04-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi Summer, we must have been typing at the same time. Hope you are feeling better. I know in the spring its like cold and flu season starts all over. Take care and keep eating that hot soup! Julie

angieME
04-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Okay, I wrapped up the extra cookies for the accounts so now I cant eat them. :lol:

Summer, I hope you are feeling better soon. What kind of puppy do you have?

Julie, I decided to heat up the left over spagetti sauce for supper tonight to make it easy plus I love spagetti. I really should go out in the feild and rake the l;eaves and dog doo doo up from the winter. Maybe I will do that tonight for some extra exercise since sitting in the house is getting so old. I really would love to move. I keep checking Williamsburg Virginia and it has been in the 80's there all week. Now I can take a winter that short for sure. :lol: I dont think spring has even hit here. We have had 2 nice days and the others have all been nice except the wind is blowing so bad it sucks. WHERE IS SUMMER?? :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

angieME
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you think there could have been any more errors in my last post? HAHA :rofl:

melekalikimaka
04-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey girls, I'm here...just unbelievable busy! Up to my neck in paperwork going in and out of this place. I feel like screaming! On top of that TOM hit me yesterday and I feel like just when I was kicking that darn cold, I get the cough and sniffles again. *wah wah wah* OK, I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I just need to keep moving or I'm going to drown in my own sorrows :lol: :dizzy:

Sorry to be so absent around here, I miss you guys terribly! I swear, I really just want to go and apply at the new Starbucks that will be opening near my house. To make lattes and mochas...instead of having to get down and dirty and use this brain of mine. So whaddya guys think of last nights AI performances? I still love LaToya and think she should go all the way. All the girls did pretty well I think. OK, I admit I'm a geek for watching this show but it's about the only show I watch besides the news.

Angie, are there any vampires in your neck of the woods that want the added blood in your pastries and goodies? Don't hurt yourself :) OK I'm sorry, bad joke :^:

Summer, hope you're feeling back to normal soon. I know how you feel. Pet that pup of yours for me.

Julie, I hear you on the kids growing up too soon. I think I'm actually prepared for my boy to be in kindergarten--gosh it's only a few short months away! But who knows when the day actually comes, I'll probably be crying away just like the other parents :cry: while the kids go off without a care.

Cal how are you doing over there in AZ?

Kempy, I know you're probably not gonna see this right away but I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Much too young.

Here's a collective shout out to all my girls. Miss ya and hope to be back more often than not. Aloha!

jbbm
04-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Noelle!!!! So happy to see you are okay and posted! I am sorry your are feeling ill. My kids are still sick with these cough and colds that are going around. Your not a geek for watching AI! That means I am one too then :lol:! I really think LaToya should go all the way too.

Angie how much pasta did you eat tonight, if you don't mind me asking? I think I had about 2 cups! Yikes, oink....oink. We ended up have pasta chili. I can never control myself with pasta. I here you on the spring thing. The sun is finally coming out now after being rainy and cold all day.

Well check in later tonight. I would like to get to sleep by midnight tonight but I have just been wide awake at night lately. Bye for now....Julie

angieME
04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Good morning. I wasnt sure if I would get a walk in today or not since it was pouring really early but I did it!!!! :cheer: I said I wouldnt screw up any more last night and yet I did. I went crazy with the cookies. I think I had about 5 or 6 of them yesterday but I did at least eat my meals okay. I just hate it when I do that this close to the weekend because I always end up eating take out when I do plus lots of other things I dont need to eat.

Noelle, I am so glad you posted, I thought we had lost ya. How is the weather over there? I remember the twins first day of kindergarten. I got a lovely note from the teacher telling me what animals they were. :lol: haha It goes like this: (yes I kept it!!! :lol: )

Dear Angelia and Jay,
Both Corey and Alicia had a very tough time listening and doing as they were told. Corey had several episodes of hitting classmates. I am trying to be very consistent and perhaps more strict than I'll need to be as the year goes on. I am trying to set the tone so they understand how their actions affect others. A licia and Corey were having a pillow fight during rest time and I had to put Alicia in time out. She was upset but did stay there. I dont want to break their spirits but do want them to know that were like a family and we have to do our part and get along.

Sincerely,
Wendy

Cute Huh?

Julie, I measure out 1 cup of spaghetti and then eat as much sauce as I want on it plus a slice of garlic bread made with spray butter and garlic sprinkled on top. If I didnt measure out my spaghetti I would probably eat the whole pan. haha

Kempy, Are you home yet? I feel so bad for your cousin and his girlfriend. We actually got in an accident one time because the roads were icey and a kid had just dropped his girlfriend off and was on his way home and flipped his car over and clipped a tree knocking it across the road. We were the next car to happen down the road and couldnt stop and ended up hitting the tree and knocking it out of the way(luckily we were in an old Jimmy with huge mud tires so we were high up. (I hate to think of what it would have been like had we been in a car and low to the ground) The kid ended up passing away instantly. I would have hated to be the parents waiting for their son to come home and instead have the cops show up.

jbbm
04-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Angie what a cute letter. They will love it when they are older. I really should get the measuring cups out when it comes to pasta. That is a good idea.

Kempy thinking of you. What an emotional week for you. We are all thinking about ya.

I am sorry this post can't be longer but I have to go tend to the kids!!!! I feel like I can never ever sit down. I should not complain though :). Check in later. Julie

jbbm
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

How is everyone's day going? Can everyone believe it is the end of April all ready? It seems like I just found this site and started posting. I think I might make some frozen pizza tonight. I know it is not the healthiest thing but I am not really in the mood to cook. Some sort of italian sounds good though. So maybe I will make pasta with marinara sauce and garlic toast. I have some in the freezer and they are wrapped seperate and you still can smell the garlic through the box. I just love garlic bread. Stinky breath though! Boy, I wish this board would be busy like it was when I first started to post last August. I miss everyone....Well I thought I would check to see if anyone posted. Have great afternoon everyone.

Btw, Noelle can you believe who got voted off last night on AI? I was in shock!

GEMonster
04-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Afternoon all!

After guzzling down as much tea as one can handle (being a coffee lover) :coffee: and slurping soup I have broken the fever and am now just living with a bad cold! I am looking forward to some food other than soup. Thanks for the well wishes :cheer: I just need to start exercising again - laid up for almost a week and a feel like :sumo: My garden is looking nice but I can't smell it right now. I like the colors at least. That makes me happy.

What the **** happened at AI? Last night should not have happened like it did. Are all the teens voting?? So looking for a battle of the divas. :rollpin:

Angie - the letter from the school about your twins in kindergarten reminded me of a letter that my mom has about me in 2nd grade. I had slight fascination with mud slinging (literally) while wearing a dress. "Unlady like behavior is not tolerated in this class. The more she wears dresses the more seems to act out..."etc. So I am familiar with that! I hope your hand is feeling better!

My puppy is a golden retreiver though he looks more like an Irish Setter. He is 17 months now. He is a yahoo! not liking the low energy levels this week at all :no: I have to figure how make the file smaller because the pictuer I have won't upload because of the size. :?:

Noelle - nice to "see" you. I hope things become more even tempoed for you at work.

Hope everyone is okay!

Leaving you with a quote for the day:

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

be well

:dizzy: GEM/Summer :dizzy:

angieME
04-22-2004, 07:19 PM
OUCH!!!! :stars: My *** hurts because I fell off the wagon hard!!! :lol: I dont know what is wrong with me but I will get the hang of this. Lets just say that today and tomorrow are gonna be total losses.

On the plus side, My kids are all gone for the night so it is just me and my honey. :cheer: Should a mother be that happy to have her kids gone for a night? haha They litterally went out the door fighting with each other. My sister must be crazy because I would have definately left without them.

jbbm
04-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey Girls

Where in the world is everyone today? I hope having a great day.

Angie did you and hubby enjoy your night last night? And yes parents do deserve breaks once and a while so don't feel bad :). I know about falling off the wagon. Well I didn't fall off yet today but I can feel myself going....hus bought turtle blue bunny ice cream! Full fat :devil:! I think I am going to have a bowl tonight to treat myself.

Noelle, Kempy, Jacks, and anyone else out there have a great weekend and hope to see someone pop in! Julie

angieME
04-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Good Morning. I am off to go shopping for the week but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Julie, Your husband has good taste in ice cream. :lol: You are like a superwoman to have all that good food in your house and not weigh as much as me. I can not seem to control myself. You are my role model.

Not much going on here. My MIL just started the ice cream for the season so that should be fun to try to avoid all summer. haha

jbbm
04-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh Angie, that ice cream was wonderful. I mean great. When you have not had something in a long time it tastes wonderful. And not to mention Blue Bunny is my favorite kind of ice cream. It had swirls of carmel and chocolate and chocolate candy round pieces filled with carmel and big huge pecans! It was better than you know what :lol:, for me anyway, hahahaha! But one of my little ones likes it also so I am not going to try and get into it too much. Just let her and hus eat it, yeah righ :lol:. Let us know if you got anything worth mentioning at the stores today!

Well I also wanted to pop in and say HELLOOOOO!!!! Where is my HI Sweetheart. I miss you. And Kempy if you are back at school today I hope it is a great day for you also. Is Joe going hunting this spring? Do they hunt down there in the spring? It is turkey season here but I don't think mine is going this season. Thank God! More help around here and with the kids. Check in later girlies. Julie

Kempyd
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow, what a crazy few days. When we got to the funeral e found out that it wasn't my cousin's GF. He had taken his mom's car (Mustang) to a friends house to show him and the brother of the guy wanted to go for a ride. They took off down a dirt road and couldn't make a trun b/c they were going to fast and went into some trees. My cousin was thrown out of the car half way so only his lower part of the body was burned so they were able to have an open casket. The other guys was burned beyond recognition. Nobody is really sure how good of friends they were either. It is just really strange for Holden to have been with that guy. We are all just keeping our fingers crossed that the other family dosen't try to sue ours. Holdens' step dad has a lot of money.

I was off of school on Saturday to go to a wedding that I didn't go to but I couldn't get on the site b/c it was down. I swear I had good intentions.

Julie we only have hunting season in the fall and winter down here. But, now it is fishing season. My FIL has a friend with a house down close to the Gulf of Mexico so they head out of there alot. In fact they are going down there Friday to go fishing. Joe usually comes home with some great stuff.

Angie how was your weekend alone with Jay?

Noelle did you pull yourself back onto the wagon yet?

angieME
04-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Finally we are back!!! YEAH!!!! I tried to get on all weekend and couldnt. All I have to say is that if we all ever lose touch I would miss you all like crazy. I couldnt stand not being able to hear from you guys all weekend. Julie, I was like "oh poop I wished I had her eamail address. " :lol:

I am going to Bangor tonight to pick up 2 new bikes for me and Jay. We dont want to tow our car on vacation this year so we are planning to rent one while in Kissimee so we can do the parks but the last week on the way out we wont have a car so we want to bike ride on the beaches. I love to bike ride. When I was 12-16 I lived 10 miles out of town and I would get up first thing in the morning and ride my bike into town to hang out and do all kinds of bad teenagey things :devil: and then ride home before my parents got out of work and then after supper I would do it again. haha We lived in a small area so all the teens do is ride around town all day and night. I remember aftyer the twins were born I think I went through a little crisis because I was so overwelmed with 3 kids under the age of 2 and I was only 21(I turned 21 the day I had them) that I used to go hang out all night uptown. It was fun though...drinking and causing trouble and watching which ever young girl (they were 18, I think :lol: )the cop was doing that week. haha Sorry for the ramble there I do that sometimes.

Anywho, I am getting back on track tomorrow after a fall from the wagon so hard that I am sure I felt the earth shake.

It is so cold and rainy here right now. We just went to Dover to look at a house that just came on the market for $39900.00 so I figured that I could save some money and move into a cheap house and fix it up but that house needed help. It had some nice features but it was well used.

Thats about it for me so I will check back in later and see how everyone else is doing.

jbbm
04-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Girls

Angie I agree if anything ever happened to this site I would miss you guys so much! I also like to ride bikes. Remember those teenager years :lol:? I think I was in such good shape because I would literally ride from one side of the town to the next. Boy I remember my mom getting so mad at me when I was late. Those were the days. Now its responsibility one after another, huh? I am always going to tell my kids enjoy your youth because being and adult and having adult things to do all the time your going to wish everyone did everything for you again. Okay enough rambling on for that for me too :lol:!
That must have been hard on you to have three kids under 21. Wow you must have had some rough days I bet. Were any of them colic? I had one that was and it so so so so hard! They will really appreciate you later in life if it seems like they don't now :).

Kempy sorry your last week and weekend was rough. I tried to get on this site too. I was suprised to see it down. What does Joe catch down in that area? I bet it is good.

My brother got married on Friday. I am so happy for him. He lives really far away and just did a last minute wedding. I now have another SIL. I have only met her a handful of times but she seems like a great match for him. Other than that I made really healthy meals this weekend but I know I overate at all of them. Friday was salmon, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. Saturday was chicken fajitias with all the fixings :devil:. And yesterday was a beef roast with a cold broccoli salad and a sweet potatoe. But the bunny, the Blue Bunny was calling my name so I had a couple of bowls of ice cream this weekend. But I want to start fresh and keep chugging along. In fact I am going to go eat some lunch right now. I am starving! Check in later. Julie

angieME
04-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Julie, no none of tham had colic but the twins definately had their days and nights screwed up. My mom was supposed to stay at my house for a few weeks to help out and she lasted just one night.She kept saying "What is wrong with these babies?" all night. I said "they are babies thats all." Luckily my sister stayed and helped me out alot. I would get them in bed by about 10:00 and get to sleep for about a half an hour and then I was up all night until about 6 in the morning when they would finally sleep until 10:00 in the morning and then they were up for the whole day. :yikes: Basically I would sit in the recliner with 2 babies laying on my chest watching movies all night. We actually went to the store the day after they were born and bought a VCR so I could watch tv all night. haha I definately wouldnt want to do it again that is for sure. haha I love my kids to death but I didnt intend for 3 and it is so much harder . I was thinking the other day how much easier it would have been with just one to take care of but then I would have worried about them getting bored then. :lol: But I love them anyways.

Thankfully school started back up again today so we get 6 weeks of quiet until they are home for the summer. Summers dont seem that bad for some reason though. Probably because they usually have things to do so they dont fight so bad.

Well, I am off to buy my bike. I will try to check in later.

angieME
04-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Good Morning. Well, I bought my bikes and what a joke it was trying to fit 2 big bikes in a Stratus. :lol: I even bought my tennis racquets and some balls. Too bad it is wet and gross outside right now or I could go do something. I remember me and Jay tried tennis when we were younger but we sucked at it and sold the racquets to his twin cousins. Hopefully this time we can get better.

I have bloated back up to where I started from 2 weeks ago and probably some more too. I dont want to weigh myself because it is just to sick.

I had to make some cookies today for the accounts so I am going to try really hard to get them wrapped and sent out without eating any of them. Why do I have to bake for a living. Cookies are my weakspot(along with anything else bad for me. :lol: )

Well, I will check back in a while to see what you are all up to.

Noelle, Do you want to start over fresh with me?

Kempyd
04-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Angie Joe and I tried tennis when we first met too. He thought I would be really good b/c I had my own racquet but boy was he wrong. I don't think he has ever heard a girl cus as much as I did that day. :lol: I am just not very good at things that need me to hit something that small. I would love for Joe to get our bikes down to ride. We have really nice ones but they are hanging in the garage. That really doesn't help much.

I still have not lost anything since the begingin of the year. I am still at the total lost point of 8 lbs. I swear I am trying but nothing is happening. I guess I am just not trying hard enough. Oh well, I am not going to give up though.

What is eveyone up to today? I am trying to find things to do right now and I am not really having any luck.

jbbm
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone :)

Angie I am so happy for you that you got your bikes. I should get mine up from the basement and wash her up! Get those cookies wrapped up and sent out!!!! Good luck though, cookies are my week spot too.

Kempy sorry you have not lost since the beginning of the year. You have alot of changes though. A new puppy, starting school, a death in the family. Do you feel really stressed? Hugs you must. Keep your chin up and you will get to where you want to be. Remember its not what you can't do, but it is what you can do! Take it day by day :).

This morning I ate a big breakfast so hopefully I will not be starved by lunch like I have been lately. Did anyone watch The Restaurant last night? I love Rocco and I love the show. Well I will check in later. Julie

angieME
04-27-2004, 02:32 PM
We took the bikes for a SHORT ride. Did I say short? I mean SHORT!!!! :lol: Holy **** I am out of shape!! We both felt like we were going to die afterwards. :lol: I guess we have to ride more and more before vacation. Rebel was not impressed to see us ride up beside the fence after leaving him in the yard. haha

I guess I will try some tennis after work if it doesnt start to rain. It doesnt know what it wants to do out there today, one minute it is sunny and the next it is dark out. If the sun would stay out it weould be really warm though.

Julie, I watched the Fear Factor models one last night and it was the worst waste of an hour ever. :lol: They all quit everything. haha

Kempy, You sound like me with the swearing. I am so embarrassed now but when they were bringing our house in and trying to set it in place they were wasting so much time and we had paid a guy to come and help with it. I swore so bad that day and I mean BAD swears :lol: Well, come to find out one of the guys I was swearing in front of turned out to be our new neighbor.(and he is a supervisor at the mill at the bottom of our street) I am still embarrassed whenever we talk to him.

Back to work.

jbbm
04-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Angie and Kempy I know about the swearing thing. I really have to watch it because sometimes something slips out. And they repeat everything. Yikes. I don't think I have ever heard my SIL swear once. I can't believe it. She is like perfect. Not to mention she jogs and probally weighs 114lbs. Ugh. I always ask her what are having for dinner and she will say KFC and with a body like hers I wonder how? Hahaha!

Angie I couldn't even watch Fear Factor last night. Its always skinny girls with huge chests! I am sick of it. Put some average people on it all ready! We had a day like that one minute sunny and next rainy. I think it was yesterday and the day before. It must have gotten to your neck of the woods. How did the cookies turn out? What kind did you make? I probally should not even ask. Hehehe....

melekalikimaka
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey girls...I haven't been around because I haven't been myself lately. I'd rather not bore you with the details and I'm still working my tail off so I haven't had much time to pop in here. I do lurk and read your posts though :)

Kempy, welcome back. That's some freaky news about your cousin and his passenger. I'm glad for his girlfriend to still be alive but she must be devastated as well. As far as your question, no I haven't gotten back on the wagon. It seems I'm thumbing my nose at it and throwing rocks at it as it pulls away :^:

Angie, I would so love to join you and start fresh. I had a bowl of cereal this morning so I think I'll try to continue in the OP direction for the rest of the day. I know you say you and Jay are best friends, I like to think that Rick and I are too--but how do you work with him all day, every day? I guess it's different for you two, since you're actually working together. I envision baking to be so much more fun than plumbing and pushing paperwork around. We're trying to sell a big aluminum stepvan so we can buy a new smaller cargo van for work. Now I'm entertaining thoughts of opening a Lunch Wagon with it instead. :lol: I can just picture it--me out on the roadside selling plate lunches to all the hungry masses.

Hi Julie! On my way to work this morning one of the stations who always talk about what's going on with AI were playing the new songs recorded by the 12 finalists. I think it's supposed to be released today in the stores but technically, they're not supposed to be playing it yet. I heard the song by Camille (an Anita Baker song I think), and the one by Jasmine-Midnight Train to Georgia...I think Camille was more into her song than Jas was, but I'm going to go out to Costco or Sams to pick up the CD anyway.

Hello to Cal, Summer...anyone and everyone :wave: I'se gots to get back to work I guess... hi-ho-hi-ho

angieME
04-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Hello again.

Julie, I know exactly what you mean about Fear Factor. I love that show but if I see another fake boobed skinny woman I will flip. I couldnt believe that this month they have had like 3 model or all women shows. Did you watch the couples one? That short girl with the HUGE boobs looked so stupid. I wonder what they are thinking when they get boobs that big. I would think it would hurt after a while on their back. oh yeah, I made no bake cookies. People seem to love them as much as I do. I sent most of them out so hopefully I can get them all wrapped up and sent out tomorrow without eating any. I wished there was some other profession that made as much money as easy as this so I didnt have to work with food.

Noelle, Dont feel bad about not being able to get on track. I cant seem to get the hang of it either. I know it is supposed to be a lifestyle change but my lifestyle just seems to promote eating crap and doing nothing. :lol: On the plus side you havent gained 30-35 pounds this winter like I have so you have definately accomplished something. We will get the hang of it in time I am sure. If you ever need someone to chat with just let me know and I can PM you my phone number. okay?

I saw on the news that to leave from Bangor airport(about 50 minutes from my house) and to fly round trip plus 5 nights in a hotel to Hawaii is going for $575.00 per person right now. I almost died. I told Jay that if Rebel wasnt a psycho we would be on the plane right now and visiting. Can dogs fly over there too or do they need to be quarantined or anything?

melekalikimaka
04-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Angie, that's a great fare--come no over, the weather's great! HI's quarrantine laws have changed as of last June, but even at the shortest requirement, it's still a 5 day stay in doggie-jail. Here's a link http://www.hawaiiag.org/hdoa/ai_aqs_info.htm

I don't think you or Rebel would be happy to have him in there.

Did you girls hear about that Pennsylvania woman who claims she is a "hawaiian princess" and sole heir to the Campbell Estate fortune here in Hawaii? She used the real heiress' SSN and got a IRS refund for 2.1M this year. That's the biggest goof-up by the IRS I've ever heard of. Not only that, she wired $100K of the money to her unemployed (loser) son and he was this close to buying a $59K Cadillac Escalade and had an order for $9K worth of rims and tires for the truck. Hello? You don't work, you live in a slummy rental house and you come upon $100K and you buy a freakin' truck? I would've at least plunked down that money on some real estate so I could live somewhere. Read about it here: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Apr/27/ln/ln03a.html

Well, that's I'll I've got for now. Happy surfing.

angieME
04-27-2004, 04:27 PM
That is too bad. Rebel would probably bite out of fear if he was ever away from us and definately with strangers. He is pretty attatched to us. Maybe when he dies in about oh.... 11 years. :lol: He is going to be 3 in a few weeks. I got a fruitcake for a puppy thats for sure.

Whats everybody making for supper tonight? I am making some jambalaya and chicken and broccoli.

Kempyd
04-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Angie where did you see that price for HI? I would love to go if I could find a price that low. Joe and I are looking into going to FL after I get out of school but it would be cheaper if I could get a price like that to go to HI. I am telling you Noelle if I can get my hands on that price I am on my way to see you!!!!

I think we are going to grill some pork loin steaks. I have no idea what I am going to marinade them in yet. I have to cook some veggies with them too. I have been trying to have some sort of veggie for us at night. I don't think either one of us eats enough of them.

jbbm
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Sweeties,

Angie that is great airfare. Wow. I was looking it up from here to Maui and it was like starting at a thousand dollars. I told my hus I really need a vacation and get away. Only if we had the funds! My two year has been so moody today. They can't get pms that young can they :lol:! Patience, timeouts, and deep breaths! I think we are going to grill something tonight, either bratwurst or hamburgers-well cheeseburger that is, since I like cheese on everything. I did not see the couples Fear Factor. I just got sick of watching these people with sculpted bodies and big boobs :o. Lets get the average woman and man on there and see how they would do. Now that would be funny and entertaining to have me and hus, you and jay, Kempy and Joe, and Noelle and Rick. Can you just imagine :lol:? We could all split the money!!!!

Noelle please feel like you can talk to us or pm us. You would not bore us with any details. Were friends and thats what friends are for. Okay now I got that song in my head :lol:! Hey maybe the lunch wagon idea is not so bad. I know you have great recipes and it would be a unique business.

Kempy how is your afternoon going? What are you making for dinner? I bet something good and spicy. If you are not having anything spicy maybe you and Joe could spice something up I am sure :devil: :o :lol:! Just Kidding, I am in a weird mood and I do not know where that came from.
Julie

angieME
04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Kempy, Each week our local news does a travel segment and the guy on it does the airfare specials. BIA is a small airport so I guess they do specials to get people to fly out of there instead of traveling to Boston to catch a flight. I couldnt believe the price either. My MIL spent alot of money just to go to Mexico and they had to still travel to Boston to fly out. I would love to go somewhere right now. The RV is just sitting in the yard looking all lonely and none of the campgrounds up here are open yet(at least not the ones with anything to do )

Julie, I am a cheese head too. I could put cheese on anything. I love fried onions and cheese mixed into my mashed potatoes. YUM!!

We tried to go to the tennis courts but they were having a school game there then it started to rain and it was a nice little lightening storm by the time we got home.

angieME
04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Good Morning. I cant stay long because I have to get the kids out of school in a few minutes for eye appointments but I wanted to at least stop in and say hi.

I guess I made it through yesterday okay. I did eat a cookie but only one and each successfull day at least saves my butt from getting that much bigger I guess. :lol:

Kempy, We watched Food Crazy on the travel channel last night and they were doing Louisiana shrimp and crawdads. All of the food looked so good, I swear I was drooling. They did lobster in Maine too. A guy in Wiscasset has a roadside shop where he makes lobster rolls with 1 1/2 pounds of lobster meat in them for $12.00 per sandwich.He had a line of about 20 people waiting for food too. I dont know how he can do that and not lose money. Lobster has been about $9.00 a pound all this winter. During the summer it is still about $5.00 per pound. Then he would have to cook it and shell it etc. I told Jay that we should ride down this weekend and try it. I have been dying for lobster all winter but with the price we didnt buy any.

Kempy,I told Jay that if we get to come see you for a couple of days this Christmas then I will have to buy a lobster for you and Joe and bring them down with me for your Christmas gift. It would be a lot cheaper then having it shipped. :lol:

Julie, Whats up today for you?

Noelle, How did yesterday go for you? I know how you feel about snubbing a diet. I do the same thing. I keep saying well, I am already fat and going to be that way all summer now so why not just enjoy myself. I know that is the totally wrong way of thinking but I do it anyway. Weightloss is definately a mindset and a hard one to grasp at that.

Well, Gotta go get the kids. I will check back later.

Kempyd
04-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Angie I love lobster. That would be fun driving down here with live lobster in the RV. How in the world would you keep them alive? Good for you having only one cookie. I ende up taking the dogs for a walk when I got home yesterday. Joe drove by us half way back to the house and I put Echo in the back of his truck. She was getting tired. I am almost positive that she is prego. She is just way to tired all of the time. Rhea was not to happy with Echo getting to ride home without her. She drug me the whole way home tyring to get to Echo. She love her so much.

OK, who agrees with me that AI sucks this year. I didn't think anybody did a really good job last night. I was thinking that as the season went on they would get better b/c of all of the training that they are getting but I guess not.

Ok I need to get some form of work done today so I will check in later.

GEMonster
04-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Good Morning ladies!

How is everyone this fine morning. :coffee: Between reading posts on cookies and cheese I am hungry and now I want to travel more. According my DH I will have to live to 120 with all the places I want to go ;) . I've had the wanderlust rearing it's head again but it does that every year...probably from living overseas for a good while...sigh...I live vicariously throught the Travel channel at the moment.

It is finally sunny here, still a little cold (probably similar to you Angie) but sunshine makes a huge difference. I cannot wait to play tennis!

I cannot watch fear factor usually pass the 2nd stunt. and you all are right if I have to see one more clevage baring tank top wearing plastic looking person _ I'll never want to watch it again. The couples one was crazy - I know exactly who you mean Angie - teeny-tiny girl with the inflatable breasts. I guess since the redux surgery I look at big boobs like that and go why???? :?:

Anybody up for a goal themed May? Give us a Focus outside of a daily check in? I just thought I would throw that out there. Start the summer off with some momentum.

Noelle please keep your chin up. Anything we can do to help?

Kempy veggies are hard but I got this great vegetarian cookbook that I do alot of sides and that has helped alot. Mind you I married a picky eater so I cannot always tell him what he is actually eating. DH may not talk to me for a while if he found out that he has eaten brussel spouts lately :p

I missed AI last night because of a meeting that awarded $ to a Domestic Violence Shelter - I love volunteering with this group becase of things like that. Letting women and children know they can be safe! but anyways I digress - I missed AI last night and heard there are some that should not sing Latin based music of any sort...ever :o

Angie and Julie I always have to watch my mouth.Whether it is opinions or cussing at the wrong moment :o They don't call me Green Eyed Monster for nothing! Personality comes on a 5'2" frame. :devil:

I hope all are well.

Quote of the day:
"Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide." - Marva Collins

jbbm
04-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi Girls

Well it is suppose to get into the seventies today! I am so excited. I am going to go out and play with the kids. Better enjoy it today they are calling for rain until next Tuesday. Yuck. I would love to get a little tan. Not dark but some color. I agree with everyone AI is not as good as last year. I am a die hard fan of Clay Aiken. Last year they got to pick their own songs. Now its only the same artist week and I think that has something to do with it???? Well just ate a late breakfast. Yogurt with some cereal in it. And one of my little ones thought it looked good so she had half of it. I am so happy she helped me out because I know I poured way to much cereal. And now I don't feel guilty throwing it out or overeating.

Summer I like your quote of the day. I am going to try and start being myself and speaking my mind to my in-laws, I mean not being rude but just saying what I feel not hurting feelings but instead of not saying anything at all!

Oh gosh Angie good job eating one cookie. I believe have one or I will eat the whole damn bag. Have fun at the eye docs. with three kids. Your a strong woman!

Hi Kempy.
check in later girls....Julie

angieME
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi. Kempy, They are fine to put in the crisper door of the fridge. I usually can keep them 3 or 4 days like that and have never had any die. Can they give Echo a preggo test or anything at the vets to be able to tell for sure if she is knocked up.(haha :lol: I love that saying...knocked up) You know I would never be able to part with any of the pups. They wanted us to breed Candi but I didnt want the temptation of a bunch of fluffballs.

Summer, It is pretty windy outside today but tomorrow is supposed to get warmer and then on Friday he said 70's to maybe 80. I hope so because I am going to sit on the deck all day then. That night I need to get some stain and restain the deck and side steps on Saturday.

Julie, I need a tan so bad too. Yesterday I wore shorts for a while and I said to Jay"hey hon can you tell where my socks start and my legs end? " haha I gave myself too much credit for yesterday because I ate a honeybun after work today. I really need someone to come up here and slap some sense into me.

The kids eye appointment went well. Brit needed stronger glasses but the twins eyes are fine for now. Brit wants contacts so bad but I just wont have the money for them until summer if I can even afford it then.

Well, I gotta go wait for Brit to get home from track practice and then we are gonna go try some tennis. :lol: Notice I say try. :lol:

melekalikimaka
04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Hey Girls...I came on to say two things today: HELLO :wave:

and ALOHA John Stevens! As Simon said last night, "John Stevens and Latin music are like choclate and an onion" ....

jbbm
04-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Good Morning Girls

How is everyone doing today? I am doing pretty good. Kinda feel "bloatation"....and TOM is not due for a while? I guess just eating too much.

Noelle yup bye bye John. I believe he took the judges comments well though. I actually wanted George to go, he always has that puppy dog face like pleassssssssssse keep Me! It bothers me. I sat out in the sun yesterday and it actually got up to 78! Yippppeeee.....but now it is suppose to get back into the forties and rain on and off.

Have a great day at school Kempy.

Angie whats up for today? Any baking? Did you get any tennis in? I remember when I was a kid we lived right across the street from a tennis court at a park. We would go and turn the lights on at night and play. I was not that good at it, but it was fun fooling around trying to hit the ball.
Have a great day everyone! Julie

melekalikimaka
04-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Good morning girls. I don't want to celebrate too early but I think we got our home computer up and running again. It was clogged up with so much junk we just "wiped" the whole thing and started from the beginning. Now it's back to being lightning quick again. So begins the process of reinstalling all the software I need :rolleyes:. But now I can actually post from home again :cb:. With that positive note, today I will make it a point to stay on track and get some exercise. ...I thought John Stevens sang WAY better last night than he did on the night that it counted. Maybe he felt relief so he could relax and just let go? I dunno. All the girls were :cry:

Angie, when I got a years supply of contacts I got a combined rebate for a little over $100--manufacturers' rebates for 1st time user (even though I wasn't), and for buying a years supply. It came out to about the same cost as a new pair of glasses. Maybe you can ask the doc about something like that?

Summer, I think a meeting for a great cause is much more important than staying home to watch AI (even though I rushed home through traffic to watch :^: ). I like your idea of a "goal themed" May...we've got a few days to think about it. Angie's our thread starter ;)

Julie and all you girls up north (which includes all of you since you are all north of me) ...you should all come down here and we can hit the beach to just lay out in the sun and check out all the surfer dudes :lol: Surfs up here as the summer swells are rolling in.

Kempy do you have a short work day today? Anyways, have a good one.

Cal it's hump day...come out and play :)

Have a great day everyone.

melekalikimaka
04-29-2004, 02:28 PM
:doh: I just dropped my son off at school and realized it's Thursday, not Wednesday...:lol: well, that much more over the "hump" :)

jbbm
04-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Hello Anyone going to be here this weekend? At the moment feeling kinda down and blah not my usual self....I wish you guys were here to talk :(. I mean I am glad it is Friday because hus is home for the weekend, but I like Mondays when everyone checks in. I ate terrible tonight, breaded fish, french fries, cream cheese stuffed japeleno peppers, pizza bread and for dessert a oreo ice cream shake :o :^:! What the heck is wrong with me. I have an arguement with my mother and almost eat the whole damn house down. She just drives me nuts sometimes. Btw if anyone doesn't mind me asking are any of your parents divorced, and remarried? My step-dad is a total dork! Listen to me I sound like I am talking in the 80's(dork, hehehehe)! Oh I really miss all of you. I will check in later this weekend. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and I hope your weather is beautiful :) Julie

melekalikimaka
04-30-2004, 11:14 PM
:grouphug: Hey Julie...I just got a chance to post now, it's been another whirlwind day. It's a beautiful sunny day here and I got to go way up into the mountain where Rick was working to deliver lunch. I had to force myself to go back to the office to finish off some end of the month paperwork. I may be around this weekend since my home computer is acting normal again *crossing my fingers*. Hang in there--I think all our parents drive us crazy at one time or another. I get along with my parents, it's the inlaws that drive me nuts, especially the bros and sis-in-laws. I can't stand them and can't see how Rick is related to them :lol: . Anyway, I better
watch what I say before he inadvertently (sp?) happens upon this page... Anywhoo, I need to start closing up shop. Have a great weekend, I'll be thinking of you.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

GEMonster
05-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Hola Chicas! :wave:

It's the weekend and I just did some gardening. I wanted to get outside before the deluge of rain hit...I am trying to learn to garden but I am often scratching my head :chin: going is this a weed or a plant? At least I know flowers :lol: My hyacinths smell so wonderful and lilacs will soon be upon us. Now it's just what are the other things? :?: :?: :?:

I am going to try and insert a picture of the puppy...Here I go....damn...I will learn this one of these days!

Julie I do not have parents that are divorced and remarried but I do know what it is like to but heads with them. It is kind of like an ebb and flow - there are high points and there are low points. My father and I are too alike :yikes: for our own good but we have distinct opinions that are polar opposite - and I also don't back down from confrontation so it sometimes it explodes and there are 4 kids and two parents all with strong opinions and personalities to boot...my DH has a harder time with my family then I do with his. My in-laws are laid back cats - I actually love them. I think it is my husband that has the in-law issue. We are having both sides of the family for brunch on Mother's day :fr: I must be insane or close to certifiable.

What causes me to eat is that I cannot always come to grips that I cannot eat like everyone else. Why can't I have 4 glasses of wine and chips and dip at a party? Very often food has to be out of sight out of mind. Especially when I stress. My health was taking a beating and it looks as though I might have lupus - it scared me s*!tless :censored: so to help combat that I started going more vegetarian while eating and giving myself 1 day on the weekend to eat what I want. So far so good. I was back up to 165 as of January 15th and I am now at 149. Anything under 150 makes me feel :dance: great because Middle School is the last time I remember being under 150. I am 27 and I want to have kids and be healthy....okay, I digress....sorry about the :soap: - Just keep you chin up and today's another day and there are 3 meals in which you can redeem yourself.

So are we going to challenge each other for May? Winner gets a gift basket? bottle of damned good wine? Anybody have an opinion??? I want to try and exercise at least 5 times a week for 40 minutes a day and I want to find something I enjoy....and I need to something about this thing called a tummy :sumo: - any suggestions?

I hope all have a good weekend! :lol3:

Quote of the day:

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place. - Abigail Van Buren (1918 - ), 1978

:tape: GEM/Summer :tape:

jbbm
05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Girls

BLOATATION (our word from Jacks) has set in after all I ate last night. Bad girl I was. Thanks Noelle and Summer for understanding. I probally should not have vented but I had no one to really talk to and my husband "says" he listens when I talk about things, hahaha. Isn't so funny when you tell them something and five minutes later they have not idea what you are talking about? I did my weigh in this a.m. and of course a gain only two pounds. I am not going to stress about it. I might make a big pot of chicken soup and send some to my recovering FIL and some to my SIL house because her little boy is in the hospital with pneumonia. And a hot bowl of soup sounds good. It has been cold here. Only 40's, lucky if we make 50.

Whats everyone up to this weekend? There a few childrens activities we might bring the kids to. Check in later. Julie

angieME
05-01-2004, 02:10 PM
DO NOT POST HERE!!!!! Sorry, I started a new thread early this morning and I guess I forgot to let you all know. I forgot it usually isnt that busy here on the weekends. :lol: