Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #1  

Question I'm confused

My name is katie and i'm 5'8 and 18. I have always been extremmly underwieght and have hated it. I was 5'8 and weighed at my most 100. Untill recently. I gained over 30 pounds in two months. at first i loved having more of a figure. I used to get made fun of for being so skinny and truthfully i did look horrible but i coudnt help it nothign i tried helped me gain weight and then wham i got everything i wanted plus more. I used to not even be an A-cup now i'm a full C. size 0's used to be to big and now i'm a 5. I'm not saying i'm fat becuase i'm not. I just dont know how to handle my body now. I cant eat the amounts of things i have been eating in the past. WHen i eat i feel guilty. I try to stop eating for days but by the second day i bineg and then fel guilty and amek my self throw up. I just can't get used to the new me. It's just a big differnece in two months. undefined Thanx

Last edited by rochemist; 04-02-2004 at 11:28 AM. Reason: To remove e-mail address in case potential spammers visit our site
Old 04-02-2004, 07:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Katielee, we're so glad to have you here. 30 pounds IS a big change in only two months. It's only natural that you'd feel awkward in your "new body".
Are you doing any exercise? There's nothing like it for making you feel strong and proud of your body.
The ladies here are a wonderful support... Jennelle will be right in with some great advice for you.
Hang in there, hon! We're here for you.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Katie!

Welcome to our board. I think you're feeling what lots of teens feel, just at an older age. Waking up almost overnight in what seems like someone else's body is the beginning of the journey into eating disorders for many of us. I know it was for me, although I was quite a bit younger and was teased *because* I had a figure when no one else my age did.

You sound like you're at a great, healthy weight right now. As you get older, your metabolism is going to change - that's just a given. It's normal to not be able to eat like you did when you were younger. Also, whether you plan to have children or not, nature assumes that you will, hence the extra body fat that women carry.

Instead of obsessing, just concentrate on being healthy for now. Up your exercise a little, but don't go overboard. (There's a thing called "exercise bulimia"...you don't want to fall into THAT!) Most of all, PLEASE stop making yourself throw up. It will bring you nothing but heartache and self-hatred and - in extreme cases - hospitalization and death.

You say you're 18. Are you still in high school or are you in college? If you're still in high school, is there anyone you can talk to...your mom, a teacher, a school counselor, your best friend's mom? If you're in college, visit the student health center and ask to see a counselor. In recent years, colleges have really begun to take eating disorders seriously.

Keep coming back. We want to know how you're doing.
Closed Thread