Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Alternachick chat April 1+

Good morning chicks!

Just thought I would start a new thread since we are at the beginning of a new month.

Ahhhhh Spring....feels like a fresh start!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #2  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

Red face Waaaaaaaa...

...my son left for boot camp yesterday. I am at work and feeling the blues!!! It is rainy, cold and generally crappy.

I cannot believe that it hurts this much. His twin is up next-who knows when. 18 years old-a man and I feel like he is 2 years old again. Never in my wildest did I ever really THINK about them leaving....

I need sunshine!!!A nice ride on the motorcycle and it all seems to float away

a brownie....eating my pain away...so it feels like
Old 04-01-2004, 04:42 PM   #3  
Rattie Lover

For you, LadyOnFire...

Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #4  
Rattie Lover

What a way to start off April Fools Day...Grumble...

Today is one of those days...I went to get a glass plate out for my sandwich and....SMASH!! All over the floor!! My daughter packed them in there too tight and soon as I pulled one out...SMACK...then...I had to move everything over to clean off the counter and so I moved the dish rack over to other counter and it fell off of the counter and broke the blue spoon holder and glass light bulb protector. Sigh...and because the glass is clear, I couldn't see it all so when I went to trot out of there to get a pair of shoes so I could come back in the kitchen to vacuum up the rest, I cut my foot open and got blood all over..and still got a piece of glass stuck in there somewhere.. What a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #5  

hey chickies!!!

it is i, the randomly appearing Shel, once agian back to amuse you with my zany antics.

gotta LOVE the manics...

Noodles good gravy, girl...be careful... *hugs* hope you heal up quickly.

Lady - boot camp? what branch? either way, i'm incredibly proud of him. what a brave decision to make... for a long time, joining the military was just a good way to get some money for college... unfortunately, it's now become something much more serious again. i'm so grateful for all of the guys and gals who are willing to make that choice. what a great kid you've got.

what else have i missed???

not much new going on here. DBF's brother moved in from Cali... i already adore him, and have been referring to him as my BiL. so far so good...

went today for a stress ECG... have to see the cardiologist on Monday, so i can get a cardio clearance, so i can get a full clearance from my regular doctor, so i can get this damned surgery scheduled. i've decided that since i won't have any answers till after the surgery, i'm not going to beat myself up worrying about "what if". i have too many other things that need my energy.

was down 5lbs at my last doctor appt, but that's after being up a LOT before that. *sighs* so i'm starting all over... REALLY wish i had the money to start at Curves, but that $150 to start is just totally out of the question right now....

Old 04-02-2004, 03:01 AM   #6  
Rattie Lover

LOL Fluid... I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I better wake up on the right side tomorrow...I have a big tournament to prepare for!!!

Well, I managed to pop the glass out. I got in the shower and turned the water up HOT and squeezed!! Ahhhh..relief!!

Gotta get to bed!! Have to get ready for a BIG tournament on Saturday. 10,000 screaming kids = Noodles BRINGS Earplugs this time.

Old 04-02-2004, 07:13 AM   #7  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

morning ladies. so glad it is april.

Shel : glad to see you back.

Lady on fire : i feel you the older my kids get i wonder where time goes. seems to me you did a good job raising them. you must be proud thru the worry.

Noodles : sucking bout the foot. i was baking a pork roast in a glass dish one time went to add a little water and the dish exploded in my hand. HOT glass shards everywhere. what a mess.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

for you Ladyonfire...tough to let go.....

Noodles hope your day got better!

Fluid...sending goodvibes to you
Old 04-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #9  

Good morning! I'm having to restrain myself forcibly from breaking into full Debbie Reynolds perky mode, and that "good morning" song is in my head.

I'm still on a high over hitting the 50 pound milestone, so I'm walking around with a $h!+-eating grin on my face all the time.....

I've got so many good vibes I'm practically radioactive:

Hope everybody's day turns out well!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Ugh...

My day went worse. I didn't get any sleep last night. I started to have severe abdominal cramping/pain...burning...then came the fun stuf of getting dehydrated by losing fluids out of everywhere... I am still in pain today...I'm Ok if I just lay down...I can bare it. But when I get up and start walking around here it comes!! My liver is not happy either. Got the classical symtpoms from before when it wasn't happy. I DONT need this right now...I am needed at the tournament tomorrow!! I'm waiting for hubby to get back from helping set up for it then I am going to the E/R. This really sucks. I look like the zombie from ****...white face..black under eyes. I bet I could scare ya all. Oh and I lost 2 pounds already. I dont mind losing weight but not this way. Hopefully they can give me a shot of something powerful...like those super vitamin shots they give the celebs when they get the sniffles. hehe....

I'll check in later. Too tired to sit here and type.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #11  

Oh Noodles, I'm sorry you're sick. Hang in there, hope you're feeling better tomorrow!
Old 04-03-2004, 03:21 AM   #12  
Rattie Lover

I am home.

I got a freaking ROCK in my kidney...and I brusied my kidney too...I dunno how one can bruise a kidney but...somehow I did. I was dehydrated and bleah..they gave me an IV and some lovely morophine and a nice anti-nausea drug. Ahhhhhhhhhh....
Old 04-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #13  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Noodles, glad to hear you are home, and hope you mend super fast. but how in thehelll do you bruise a kidney? ( I told you bout them kinky whip games )

well the goddess was definately smiling on my house this week. Hubby found work at the other ( better reputation, nice people) shop in town. YEAH!!!!!!!!! so i don't have to give up my kept woman status.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:37 AM   #14  

Hi Everybody!

Blugirrl1: That's terrific! And a big relief, I'm sure. I saw your pictures in the gallery, that's a cute group shot!

Noodles: Angel, I'm so glad you're o.k., and I hope you will actually stay off your feet until you heal-- rest, rest, rest (end lecture).
Old 04-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #15  
Mouth of the South

I am kind of floating back and forth between here and Atkins, and wanted to say good morning! I hope all of you are having a good Saturday. It is really ugly and raining in Houston. We had such a beautiful couple of spring days. I smoked way too many cigarettes last night! I am hacking like you wouldn't believe! I sound like a big baby don't I?

Blugirrl: You were right on about WATP! I got the Get up and get started dvd with a one and two mile walk on the same dvd. I really love it! I will check in later. I do want to start spending more time on this thread. You all seem to be a cool, down to Earth real bunch. I hope you don't mind a real nut hanging around once in a while!
Closed Thread