04-01-2004, 06:19 AM
Happy
April
Fools
Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lohani
04-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Hi
I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get DD's hair ready for the first performance of Copacabana!!!!. We're not real excited because:
1. Due to her surgery...dd was not cleared to dance until after good parts were cast..so she's an extra who carries the singing...she was devastated at first but in the end...she had fun.
2. The play is terrible.

We are having the Cast and Crew party here. Do you think they'll ruin my house? Do you think it will be clean in time?

Gotta go...Gotta go to the gym!

Cowpernia
04-01-2004, 10:01 AM
IT IS MY DAY OFF AND I WANT TO READ WHAT YOU'RE THINKING

SugP
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
...or anything, for that matter. Can't stop. Must be hormones. Also failing miserably in exercise department. Let's face it, I'm a slob. Can you tell I hardly slept last night? Cranky, cranky, cranky. But not as cranky as I'd be if I had to deal with Lush's cast party and Peachy's ediot.

Cowpernia
04-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Thank you for posting Sugar. You just earned 15 points in the Post for Peaches postathon. That's 10 points for posting and 5 points for doing it while you're cranky.

Wabby
04-01-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm posting and I'm cranky and resentful. Does that get double points????? I'm cranky just because and I'm resentful because DH has been occasionally slipping out from work on nice afternoons and going off fishing, while I can never sneak out of work, or even have time for doctor appointments and such because I'm the only one here in the d*mn office and it's springtime and I want to be out in the sunshine. Then there is the resentment because on the weekends I have to do stuff like laundry and housecleaning when I'd like to be out working in the yard and when I do work in the yard, then I still have housework and dinner to make and dishes to do and I'm just sick of it.

Lush, I'm devastated that you've been posting your list elsewhere.

Peaches, ignore the ediot. Have you noticed how ediots come and go, but Peaches endures?

Hi Sugar, my sister in sloth. My house is a sty, my laundry overflows, and I have a really bad attitude.

Kiwi, what's cookin'?

Cowpernia
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
15 points for Wabby.

This ediot's wife is the best friend of the boss's wife. Should I be concerned?

Bagzz
04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
WHERE THE **** IS THE BOSS AND WHY DO WE HAVE TO WRITE TO HIM???? IS HE COMING BACK??? :mad: :mad: I helped cater the cast and crew party for THe Music Man-------we had it in the cafeteria at the school so the JANITORS had to clean up the mess afterwards!!!! i decorated a giant slab cake and had different people bring different things---- i ordered a cheese tray,a veggie tray and a fruit tray from the grocery store and people brought in all kinds of goodies----The cast and crew numbered over fifty ---HOW MANY FOR YOU LUSHBATT?????PEACHBAT!!!--- this ediot is a serious idiot making complaints and not addressing his concerns with the people involved-------WHAT A BUNCH OR ARSSSEEES!!!!!!!!IGNORE THEM AND KEEP ON DOIN WHAT YOU WERE DOIN------WABBY---IT'S NICE ENOUGH HERE TO START SOME PRELIMINARY GARDNEN CLEAN UP!!! I AM PLANTING FOR THE GREENHOUSE VERY SOON---HAVE TO KEEP IT ALL IN THE HOUSE TIL IT WARMS UP AT NIGHT THOUGH------

Cowpernia
04-01-2004, 12:54 PM
10 points for Bagz. She doesn't get a bonus because she's not upset enough. tomorrow is DS's birthday. Everyone send him email. His address is on his website, I think.

Yes, he's an idiot. I have a plan though. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love you love you love you !!!!

Kiwonk
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
I have an upset stomach, does that count?

I'm posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got too much to do to be cranky, plus I don't feel good. Granted you can often be cranky when you don't feel good, but I'm too tired for both today.

Oy, about the cast party. Around here they usually have them in the cafeteria and yay for that. I almost volunteered myself for a BBQ last night at the Performing Arts Boosters meeting, by suggesting instead of a fundraising spaghetti dinner in May, how about a bbq? I had to be very firm that I was not volunteering my stinking domicile, just the idea. Then when the music teacher who was leading the meeting started talking about people thinking about officers for next year, she kept looking at me! Make her stop! I didn't mean to be all helpful and there at every meeting, I can't help myself! I guess I would do treasurer or secretary if no one else will, but I draw the line there. Besides, I'm disorganized and unreliable, somebody tell her!

Wabby, I am adamantly in favor of you hanging out a CLOSED sign every other Friday or sometime. You are in charge! And I want you to have some time off.

Hey everyone else. Bye. Did you notice that I have more than 7 things in my exercise list this week? That's because I did a weights workout and took a walk yesterday. No wonder I have a stomachache.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
I wasn't cranky before, but when I found out I wouldn't get as many points for posting while happy, I GOT cranky! How many points? I love getting points. :dizzy:
Have lotsa new plants to plant, :flow1: but gotta rush and get unsweaty to meet a friend for a meal and a meeting.
DH is home, which is cool.

I am so tired of being fat AND suffering. :sumo: Can you get thin without suffering? Does anybody here know how? Jeez. Now I'm cranky AND having a pity party.
Gotta run :tread: :rofl:

Wabby
04-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Painty, what kind of plants do you have? I told DH I was going crazy today if I didn't get out, so I left work and went to a couple nurseries. I bought 2 Salvia "May Night" (already have one and they bloom all summer the prettiest cobalt blue) and a Shasta Daisy "Becky" (can't believe I'd actually buy one, but it's supposed to be a superior variety to regular SD's. I also bought a Penstemon "Sour Grapes" to replace one that froze out this winter. Also a couple 6 packs of Ice Crystal Alyssum and Hot pink wave petunias. Tomorrow my favorite place has 4" perennials on sale for 99 cents. I plan on sneaking out for that, too. :devil:

Bagzie, what are you planning on starting in the greenhouse? Do you ever grow nicotiana sylvestris? If you don't you should. They are beautiful and smell heavenly. And they get huge. Like 6 ft. This says 4-5 ft., but mine get at least 6 ft. They're annual, but usually they winter over here. Not this year, though, we had a cold winter.

This is what they look like - http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_center/product_details.asp?UID=&item_no=S11054

Cowpernia
04-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Wabby comes in SECOND with 25 points. First place goes to Painty with 26 points because SHE LOVES POINTS!!! HOORAY FOR PAINTYFACE!!!!

Lohani
04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't have anything to say, but I want some points...so I'm posting.

Dd's party will be about 50...give or take.

Here is a funny story...particularly since it is at the expense of one of my sils. Last weekend a neighbor of FIL's was taken out of her house by ambulance. SIL (aka The Expert) insisted that the only way that they take someone out in the manner this woman was taken out is when she is dead. Sil was SO certain and is such a suck up about sending cards that she immediately sent a sympathy card to the family...HA>HA>HA.
Justice for the fakey thoughtful.

Peaches, is your ediot bothering you again????? How do these people rise????? Is it because they have no shame? I keep wanting to think that there is a reward for operating on merit...but I wonder sometimes.
Maybe we should get a doll and stick pins in it. It seems the only possibility of winning with that kind of person.

I want a pretty garden. Where do you guys find the time?

My new cleaning group is all from the mid-west. Not from Cherry's or Bob Dylan's midwest....from that 'other' midwest. I don't think I'll be leaving here for there any time soon. HOWEVER, they are quite inspiring on the cleaning and discipline front. I've been persuaded to organize my finances, too. I'm seeing perfect 2005 on the horizon.

Kiwi, You're little exercising smiles are inspiring. I walked around the block(1.2 miles) this week and I did stretches a few times....but then I fizzled out.

Sugar, I feel your pain. I don't like chocolate...but I love twizzlers. And swedish fish. I've been off sugar for a while. I miss it...but I feel so much better without it.

I'm a drag and a bore..so I'm leaving. Have a fun night eveyrone...L

Cherry Cow
04-01-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm watching the Apprentice.

I'm so tired. I'm still exercising. Still fat. What else is new.

Lushie, your new group sounds interesting.

I'm reading "No Logo" by Naomi Klein. Very good book.

PainterWoman
04-02-2004, 02:06 AM
I had a ladies meeting... missed Apprentice. Who is left? anybody?

Cowie... :moo: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME WIN. Nobody's ever let me win just because I wanted to. What a treat. :flow2: It's making me smile. :queen: THANK YOU.
Wabby.. I'll get the list of wonderful plant names tomorrow. I do believe I got JUNGLE PRINCESS daylilies, though.. and Lavender Attraction. I don't have any of the blue Salvia (wish I did... but a friend gave me some last year called :chicken: Cockscomb I think: FIRE ENGINE RED BLOOMS.... and the plants are bigger now than they were ALL LAST YEAR. Too wild. Mostly I have a little sun garden with pansies and California Poppies and lavendar scabiosa and really violet verbena... along with Spanish lavendar, Mexican heather, and a pretty pinkish/lavender rock rose.

More monikers and a photo tomorrow. Thanks again. Wow... I can be a loser AND a winner! :goodvibes

Kiwonk
04-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Nice day of cranky posting. I'm impressed. Begging for points of course wins hands down, but I have to say that Wabby going out and buying Sour Grapes shows a great deal of commitment on her part to the whole concept of crankiness. :cp:

We have a lovely yard full of mud. Anyone want any?

Night-night

Kiwi

PainterWoman
04-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Kiwi--any dirt you have that isn't clay would be much appreciated. We actually went and BOUGHT dirt yesterday. Photos coming later. You may send funereal wreaths to me... as I got honest and revised my signature. I'm back at @#$%^ing square one. I may be a jewel... but I sure feel flawed. :(

Wabby
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Lush, you should get some kinda points for entertaining 50 kids. I have time to work in my yard because I no longer am entertaining kids, and I no longer have to drive kids to their activities. Driving takes up most of a lifetime if I remember right.

Painty, I've been back at square one too many times to remember. Success to me means that we keep trying. That definitely counts for points, even more than crankiness.

I love twizzlers too. And Sugar Babies. I loooove Sugar Babies.

Bagzz
04-02-2004, 01:37 PM
WHAT ARE SUGAR BABIES??? I LOVE BRIDGE MIXTURE,CHICKEN BONES AND PALOMINES-----AND chips and margueritassssss--------------is this friday??? OOPS ---GOTTA GO!!!!!!

Bagzz
04-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh Yeah------i Just Bought Three Packages Of Easter Peeps===they Are Shaped Liked
Eggs With Sprinkles And Say They Are Vanilla Flavoured

Kiwonk
04-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Driving takes up most of a lifetime if I remember right.
That's my excuse for getting nothing at all done, anyway.

Our roof is pouring in again. Ah, spring. :flow1:

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
04-02-2004, 02:57 PM
I still don't know what chicken bones are.

I like the new mint-flavored Hershey's kisses that you can only get at Christmas.

Wabby
04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
I want to try the new caramel filled Hershey kisses.

Palomines? what are these? am I missing something yummy? Sugar Babies are caramelly, brown sugary, mmmmmmm.

PainterWoman
04-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Are you sure it isn't evil to be talking about Easter Candy during Lent? And around people who are trying to get skinny... or at least less @#$%^&* fat? :devil:

Bagzz
04-04-2004, 08:09 AM
yes,i must get out to mass to get me palms!!!but GOD FORBID i watch a hockey game on TV or see a Movie-----have you heard the Pope's latest edict???Does anyone else think he is losing it??? the man does not live in the real world---he is not going to get any more followers with that attitude!!!okay Wabby--we have a candy factory up the road a bit called GANONGS---They make Chicken Bones and Palomines------the chicken bones are pink hard candy with a cinnamon flavour and the centre is chocolate!!! the palomines are chocolate bars---they have a fudgey centre with a chocolate covering and a few nuts as well-----Very lovely i must say------They sell the palomines in Kiwi's state,so she may know of which i speak!!!!-----Cherry----you like Canadian things---you must like these confections!!!!!----Painty----Easter Candy is a vice we must deal with ---i treat it like hallowe'en---i know i am not going to do without so i just eat my way through and hope for the best!!!! :p :p :p :p

Kiwonk
04-04-2004, 03:16 PM
What did the pope say? I'm afraid I don't follow the Vatican news.

I've certainly heard of Ganongs--they advertise in Maine. But I don't remember seeing palomines. I must look for them. Chicken :chicken: bones I know well, but I'm thinking they might have been called something else.

What kind of Easter chocolate goes best with pork roast? :chef: That's what I'm thinking of having for my dreaded Easter dinner with the in-laws. Oh gah--do you suppose I'll have to have the dinner at noontime like they do? :eating2: Gahh! Yeah. Pork roast and chocolate. The more I think about it, they better I like that idea.... :ink: :chockiss:

Well the show choir competition is over. What a tiring day--especially for the kids. They had to get on the bus at 6:30am and didn't perform until 3:00. Then they didn't get home until about 9. And it was only an hour and a half drive, so most of their day was spent waiting, or watching the other groups. They did a fantastic job. Only 2 groups could go to the finals, and our group came in 3rd. 2nd and 3rd place had to have been very close, though. (1st was kind of a shoo-in--my niece was in that group; they've performed in NYC, they have $$$ for costumes and props :shrug: ) The most impressive thing was how much improved the kids were from the last competition a month ago. They've worked so hard and it really showed. DD's whistling solo came off perfectly, as usual (everyone marvels at how she can do that so easily, including me). Even better her vocal solo was excellent and she was properly miked so we could hear it too! She got a 1 rating certificate for the first time for her solo, and she carried it around the rest of the day. I got a kick out of that. When we met her at the bus when it got back into town (the kids went out to Pizza Hut; we went home), she was still carrying it, a tad wrinkled. Happy kid. I love it.

Gotta go get more :coffee: and some pain reliever. I think the time change gave me a headache... :headache:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-04-2004, 05:50 PM
whistling solo!! Kiwiette has chutzpah!

Bagzz
04-05-2004, 11:51 AM
KIWONKERS!!!--- how great for your daughter!!! i wish you could send my a sound clip of her singing My Immortal----i adore that song!!! GOOD FOR your BABY!!!!i am making a maple glazed pork roast for supper----------it's maple sugaring time around here!!!!

SugP
04-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Severe case of PMS going on here. Large amounts of chocolate being consumed willy nilly. Have been alternately yelling at and apologizing to loved ones all day. Must go find margie recipe to help me through this difficult time.

So forget about me:WHERE'S FRAPPE??? Are you OK, darling?

Wabby
04-05-2004, 05:31 PM
It's been 10 days since Frappe's last post. Do we need to worry????

Kiwi, your DD must make you soooo proud. Good for her.

Chocolate consumed willy nilly? Sugar, is there any other way!!!? Don't apologize too much. Difficult women go so much further in life. Besides, the DH probably deserves it, and the DS's need the practice for future relationships.

Kiwonk
04-05-2004, 07:09 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=39027
Please note the pants on this guy. I told DD I was going to send that to my mother for Easter and she informed me that she would not get it. hmmm I suppose she's right.

I'm so excited -- I finally got tickets for my second evening out in NY (the first is Fiddler on the Roof). We got great seats for Amateur Night at the Apollo Theater. I think it will be a hoot. It's a second round show, people who were at least pretty good the first time around. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing... :shrug: But I don't care, I'm psyched. Now I'm looking for a club or restaurant type music; maybe this old guy who plays clarinet in an Italian restaurant, dixieland etc. But there's also a show at The Continental that appeals to DD and me -- I think everyone else would take a pass. hmmm

I've done absolutely nothing toward the dreaded Easter dinner. Although I want that maple pork roast recipe (or do you just pour maple syrup over it and roast it? :dizzy: ) -- DH wants me to make pot roast, but that just does not fit my vision of Easter no way no how. We could have a leg of lamb, but I'm afraid it would end up fatty and everybody would pick at it and I would feel like crap. I need a guaranteed success (of course the most obvious thing is the spiral sliced ham, but I can't do that again apparently). Anyway, I have to also clean out the :censored: kitchen so we can actually eat at the table. I almost got it cleaned off yesterday. Then I quit. I hate cleaning. Somebody come do it for me.

Hope things are looking up, Sugar. I am ashamed to say I haven't exercised since last Thursday. I have no excuse whatsoever.

Yes, DD has loads of chutzpah. Thanks for the comments.

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
xxxxxxxxx
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bagzz
04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
i am so tired of not being able to work this message thingy---i can only do ONE thing at a time---size or color or font----i don't know how to work them together-----WHAT is wrong with me????????Kiwi is the only one who can explain it-----how can i find your post explaining it!!!!hahahahaanyway----for the pork roast---you brown it on all sides in oil and then you add a third cup of maple SYRUP to the pan after you take out the roast {get rid of the oil} add a dash of cayenne,a dash of cinnamon and heat it for about thirty seconds ---until it all bubble up--------------and stick the roast back in the pan and swish it all over with the maple syrup---------------put the roast in a roaster pan and pour the syrup over it=====roast at 325 and every now and then swish the roast around in the syrup------------probably no different than glazing a ham==============it was very tasty===my favourite magazine is Cooks Illustrated---------------very informative ---they have a website as wellwww.cooksillustrated.comKIWI I LOVED THE CARTOON WITH MY LITTLE PEEPERS!!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

SugP
04-06-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm trying Bagzie's Maple Syrup Method with chicken legs tonight since I don't have a pork roast handy.

You will all please notice that I DID exercise today after about 10 days o' nothing. What a slob.

PainterWoman
04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I never found out what the pope said about hockey.....

I am a lethargic sloth... tho' that must be redundant. A FAT lethargic sloth. Guess I'm not feeling all that great. Sort of out of sorts with spring. My spring has sprung, etc.

Would like to go whine and pig out with chicken bones or just plain Sees.
Ok. Instead, I'll do some paperwork and see if I can improve my attitude a notch... and reach "self-righteous b**ch". It might be an improvement.

Guess I've got CRANKY going again.

SugP
04-06-2004, 03:22 PM
I feel your pain!! :grouphug: Things will start looking up soon.

Bagzz
04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
YEAH PAINTY---MUST BE THE SEASON---I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THE BLUES ALL WEEK AND today a five year old was killed by a SCHOOL BUS he walked in front of instead of getting on it----for some reason he was able to do that-----WHY wasn't someone holding his hand???i am sick about it-----------------------------the weather is cold and rainy/snowy and grey and my daughters are all stressed out over midterms in highschool and exams at university---------------blahhhhhhhhhhhhh-----depressed cranky is not as fun as MAD cranky.----i will get in on you and sugar's group hug,kay???

Kiwonk
04-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Way to go, Sugar! I haven't climbed back on the exercise wheel yet.

Feel better, Painty. I'm fat and lazy, but not cranky today. I'm gonna get cranky in a minute here though if I can't get my *&%$ printer going.

That's horrible about the little kid, Bagz. How could the driver not have been looking out for him? What a nightmare.

Here's the thing about the font and color etc. They are sort of nested. I usually choose them in this order: Font-Size-Color, because I usually change colors throughout the post. That way when you want to change color, you can hit "Close Current Tag" and it will close the color only, you can then choose a new color. If you don't hit the close button, but try to hit a color, it will close the color tag instead and you have choose to color again. Be sure to hit "Close All Tags" at the end.

Gotta go not exercise some more.

Kiwi

Wabby
04-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Kiwi is so smart, how did you get so smart?Now I can do something new with my postsand I won't be so boring.Well, I'll still be boring, but my posts won't be. I'm just trying to make it throught this week. I had to have my boobie re-smashed because they wanted to look at the "suspicious" area again. Then, of course, I will be gaining another year this week. I'm holding on until BUNCO on Saturday, when I plan on drinking plenty of whatever is served. I'm not counting WW points on that day, no way. Bagzie, that is terrible news about that poor baby. Poor bus driver too, can you imagine living with the horror of that your whole life? Some days I hate to turn on the news.I'm going for a pedicure after work. At least that will be one hour that I won't be eating anything, and I just feel the need for some pampering. DH is going fishing after work (the salmon are running- who-hoo!) and to tell you the truth, I was happy to see him go. Sometimes I get tired of taking care of everybody. You know, that man expects to eat dinner every day??? Does anyone have a way to inquire after our little Frappe's health? I'm getting worried.

Lohani
04-07-2004, 06:25 PM
This is so cool. That Kiwi is such a smart girl. I have had a headache all week. I never used to get headaches. Do you think it's THE CHANGE??????????
We had a wailin' party on Sat night.One teen dream walked into my house and said, "Gee, Lohaniette, your house is so clean."[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Do you think I'll have to have another fire to make the fire cleaning people come and disinfect my house again????????/
Wabby, when can I come to Bunco?
Sugar, you are an inspiration. Painty, I'm cranky, too.Kiwi, as you see, I took your advice seriously. Bagzie, How can accidents like that happen? Why dont' they have the proper equipment on these buses. They have it on construction equipment.....cameras for blind spots...alarms when approaching objects...etcThat's enough of that.

Wabby
04-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Good morning lovelies!!!! :coffee: I'm working on having a better attitude. Lush, you are welcome at BUNCO anytime. Now that I've had a pedicure I feel much better. I also went to Old Navy and bought myself a bunch of summer t shirts and stuff. When summer finally hits, I'm going to be ready!!!! :sunny: I don't have anything to say, but it's so much fun to say it with all these colors and fonts and stuff. Kiwi has created a monster!!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:Yes, Lush, every ailment known to womankind can be attributed to menopause. No one would ever make that clean house comment to me. Once DS's friend said "I love messy houses. They're so comfortable." Bwaaaaahhhh! :rollpin: Who would vote for Condoleeza Rice for President? She's the only one in the current administration that sounds like she has anything between her ears.

Kiwonk
04-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm glad I could help :dizzy: Now who's coming over here to help me get this house in shape before Sunday? :bb: I haven't done anything yet. I'm beginning to panic (but even in the midst of panic, I am able to calmly ignore the whole mess and play on the computer).

You know, that man expects to eat dinner every day??? Well, exactly! Now, if this whole cooking thing only happened once or twice a week, wouldn't that be much better for everyone? My DH is going to someone's house to watch the big exciting college hockey game his alma mater is playing in. Well, now, I like hockey pretty well, but I'm not driving another hour (after driving DD to music lessons) just to watch TV. No, thank you. I'll just stay home and nibble on a chicken leg.

I am horrified at my total lack of exercise for an entire week. Again today. Maybe I'll get a walk in later this afternoon, but sheesh, this is bad. I haven't lost an ounce since I started exercising (even when I stopped :doh: ). I'm quite hopeless I'm afraid. NYC will take one look at me and make me sit in the back on the subway car.

Did I tell you I spent yesterday on a bus with a bunch of teenagers going to a concert? That was fun... The only real drawback was that my back is killing me from sitting on those awful seats. The kids were perfectly fine and the concert was very good. They even fed us a decent meal (lasagna! brownies!) How come Peaches isn't here? I usually don't get a chance to post on her day off, but here I am and she's not! No fair!

Who would vote for Condoleeza Rice for President? She's the only one in the current administration that sounds like she has anything between her ears. No doubt. But must she scowl all the time? All those pictures of her recently are scary. Come to think of it, I'd be scowling too if I were in her shoes. The worst thing I can say about her is that she joined this vile administration in the first place.

Later, gators. Must try to do something before taxi duty begins.

Kiwi

Lohani
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm not so nuts about Condi. I have no doubt that she is the most upright in this administration..but that isn't saying much. AND please don't be fooled. These good ole boys may look dumb, but they've chuckled and gaffawed their way to every single thing they've wanted including the theft of the 2000 election. Did you really want to get me started????

Now, on to happier thoughts. I am on Easter vacation for the next week. I'm happy about this. I"m having ham and candy for Easter dinner. I'm not inviting any relatives. Isn't that great??????

I full-out grocery shopped today. We have tons of food around here. If I wanted to, I could stay in the house for days and never have to leave...of course, the kids will drive me nuts long before that.
Maybe I'll try to exercise every day of my vacation. Wouldn't that be good? I'll start tomorrow. I'll do one of Kiwi's sigs so that I can feel good about it. I'll be back. L

Wabby
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Sorry Lush, didn't mean to get you going...... DH left work early again.... he's fishing again. I'm stuck here at work again. Oh well. At least I don't cook when he goes fishing after work.I haven't shopped like that for ages, Lush, but I do have most of my Easter basket candy bought. At what age do I stop this???? I mean children's age, not mine.

Lohani
04-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Wabby, PLEASE....I like getting stirred up. What would I do without those crazy Bushes? I don't think you're ever supposed to stop making Easter Baskets...are you? What about us?????I have not bought candy yet. I will do so this weekend. I also have to get my eggs together. I have an easter egg hunt for the kids Easter Morning...it is fun to watch them run around like nuts just to get an extra hershey kiss.You need a better hobby....so do I...one that presupposes playing hookey. bye

Wabby
04-09-2004, 02:02 PM
DH finally caught his spring chinook salmon!!! Actually he caught 2 of them. We'll be eating bbq salmon on Easter. It's supposed to be 80 degrees on Sunday. We skipped spring and went straight to summer here. While he was off fishing yesterday I went to a spring bazaar, and bought an old push cart type thingie to use as a flower planter. It's so cute. When it's all planted up and full of flowers I'll post a picture. We haven't heard much of the Bush girl's antics lately. No drunken partying or anything. They must have hired a few extra guys to keep the cameras at bay. I will be happy to accept your hearty birthday best wishes - it's a small consolation for getting so old. When I first hung around you chicks I was but a young 'un. What happened????

Kiwonk
04-09-2004, 03:49 PM
:hb: :cheer: :sunny: :balloons: :flow1:
Hope your day is lovely!!

These good ole boys may look dumb, but they've chuckled and gaffawed their way to every single thing they've wanted including the theft of the 2000 election. Did you really want to get me started????

Yeah, go right ahead! :soap: I totally agree. Every couple weeks or so, I get so incensed that I write up a long diatribe, intending to post it on my diaryland site, but I rarely do. Then I go watch The Daily Show for a little liberal comic relief. I must say David Letterman has been doing a fine job lately making fun of Bush too. Have you seen the video clip of him walking across the White House lawn spitting? What a fine person.

DD suggested that I do a "communal" Easter basket this year (i.e. a big basket of chocolate eggs and peeps on the table). Believe me, with only one kid, the whole egg hunt concept is totally lame. Not that I'd still be doing it when she's 16 anyway. The only thing I used to do every year is to hide her basket. That was fairly amusing because she could never find it.... :joker:

Congrats on the SALMON, Wabbit! Can I come over for dinner? That sounds much better than my meal.

Kiwi

SugP
04-09-2004, 05:44 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WABBY! Hope you have a lovely weekend. :hat::hat::hat:

PainterWoman
04-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Where's Frappe? (Or Who, if it's another dually-named person.

We're trying to avoid Easter Candy shopping. So far so good. I was going to have a big salad for dinner and then the police called me... I'm on call-out back up duty.... poor 21 year old's boyfriend tried to strangle her. Both of them are trying (only moderately successfully) to break a heroin (!) habit.... so sad to have lived to brutally at such a young age. But it certainly made me grateful for the particular bad choices I made (there could have been different ones), and that my children have avoided those, too.

Happy Belated Birthday, Wabby! :balloons:

Bagzz
04-10-2004, 07:46 AM
helloall i can tell you kiwonkers is this---when i click on a colour a little box comes up and it seems i have to type in it-----and that is the only thing i seem to GET!!!!---i really an sOOOOOOOOOOOOoo dense here----EVERYONE GETS IT BUT ME!!!!------WHEN I PRESS OK---THEN I JUST START WRITING IN THE LITTLE SCREEN IN ANOTHER COLOUR------I DON'T PRESS ANYTHING THAT SAYS TO CLOSE TAGS------------------------I remember at cyber mom we had to type in the commands---------the /[/] stuff---do you still do that here????WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAai have been at my sisters for the last two days ----she is sick with the stomach flu and as you know she has three kids,no husband and NOW she has her dh's mother and father STILL living in her house ---this was okay when they were well,but he is dying of cancer and she has had a stroke and is wheelchair bound---needs help to the bathroom and getting dressed and in and out of bed etc---------------my sis is a wreck so i was over there lifting seniours onto toilets and minding kids!!!! one has to wonder how life will take one----but it's probably better NOT to know in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!two things-----------------SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY WABBY----HOPE YOU HAVE A GORGEOUS SUMMER WEEKEND!!!! AND I LOOOOOOOOOOVE SALMON!!!!!!!! AND OF COURSE HAPPY EASTER TO ALL YOU HAGS!!!!!XOXOXOXOXO

Kiwonk
04-10-2004, 02:22 PM
helloall i can tell you kiwonkers is this---when i click on a colour a little box comes up and it seems i have to type in it-----and that is the only thing i seem to GET!!!!---i really an sOOOOOOOOOOOOoo dense here----EVERYONE GETS IT BUT ME!!!!------WHEN I PRESS OK---THEN I JUST START WRITING IN THE LITTLE SCREEN IN ANOTHER COLOUR------I DON'T PRESS ANYTHING THAT SAYS TO CLOSE TAGS------------------------I remember at cyber mom we had to type in the commands---------the /[/] stuff---do you still do that here????WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
You can still do that here, but all those buttons and stuff pretty much do it for you. For instance I can ask for a color that's not in the list by typing [color=Bagzz]and ending it with the close command which would be /color inside brackets ([ ])The reason you aren't getting the same thing I described when you hit the color button is that you are using Guided Mode. If you switched to Enhanced Mode (right above the text box) you could nest commands and so on.

So sorry to hear about your sis's trials and tribs. You wonder why so much is piled on one person. I'm sure you're a life-saver for her.

Speaking of tribulations, we watched House of Sand of Fog last night.
Oy.
DH informs me that I should go grocery shopping soon because "stuff will get picked over"...:rolleyes: Always lookin' out for me, eh? I spent most of yesterday swamping out the corner of the kitchen where all my moldering junk is residing. Yuk. I have to make the table useable for 5 or 6 people and I still have some cleaning to do. Blah blah yukety blah. See you cows later

Have a Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter! :bubbles: :dance:

Lohani
04-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Happy
Easter

SugP
04-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Happy
Easter

Pure genius.

Many eggs have been found. Much chocolate has been eaten. My world famous Easter bread is now lying at the bottom of everyone's stomachs making them lethargic. Salmon for dinner just like at Wabby's only 9 hours earlier!

Kiwonk
04-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Yes, Lush, that is a thing of beauty. You could design greeting cards.

Glad to hear your day is going well, Sug. What did you do with the salmon? Grill it? I have put the pot roast (DH won) on, the scalloped potatoes were made yesterday. I know, it doesn't sound like Easter, does it? More like something you'd have in winter. Well, it still pretty darn cold here. All that's left are the veggies. And getting the table set. I swamped out my china cabinet shelf (counter?) last night and got a rude shock. There was a pile of dog food in the back corner. Yeah, that's right, dog's been gone a year and a half. The mice she supported live on. EWWWWW I'm not fit to have my in-laws over, d'you think? :coffee2:

I heard a rumor that Peaches went to visit Frappe and took her to the South Seas for a miracle cure for whatever ails her. That's why we haven't heard from them lately. Do you think it's true? :gossip:

Happy Easter to all and I hope all the eggs in your basket are chocolate. Well, maybe I should say I hope all the eggs in my basket are chocolate...

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-11-2004, 01:32 PM
TRY THIS

SugP
04-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Try what? :coffee:

I broiled the salmon, Kiwi. Did it on the grill last time and it wasn't as good as broiled. Go figure. We had scalloped potatoes too, left over from a meal at the in-laws yesterday. Leg o' lamb with green beans.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous time. And I hope Frappe's ok. :(

Lohani
04-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't like chocolate. I like white chocolate...which isn't really chocolate..it is just fat and wax. I like jelly beans and I love butter cream. If anyone gives me butter cream eggs, I freeze them and knock off the chocolate to have a pure fat treat. Ahhhhh

:devil: Mice are a curse.

I made ham and scalloped pots that weren't half as good as Kiwi's. I'll bet she made them from scratch. I may not have dog food in the corner, but I used boxed scalloped potatoes...so who's deserving of company???????

My Easter was nice. We ate lots of candy. I hid eggs with money in them all over the yard and the kids had a hunt.

Sugar, does the Easter Bunny come to visit your kids? Do you have hunts?

Bagzie, your sister sure has had her share. How are her kids holding up?

I'm off for a few days...so I'll be posting a lot. Where is that Peaches. Is she searching for mint m&m's?????
OOOOO...dessert's here..bye

PainterWoman
04-12-2004, 12:40 AM
When's the next holiday?

I want to be ready.

I sent cash instead of candy to DS and DD. DD got flowers from her dad.... I think she was happy to consider shopping... AND glad NOT to get candy. DS would like a car as a graduation present... I don't think that's gonna happen.

Is everyone accounted for?

Kiwonk
04-12-2004, 02:11 AM
TRY THIS
You suppose she tried to upload a margarita?

Yeah, you're right, I made the scalloped potatoes from scratch. 'cept I used my little food processor to slice the potatoes (yes, I do usually slice them by hand, you knew that didn't you?) -- I'm not sure if it was that, or the fact that I baked it the night before and heated it back up, but the top and outside bits were beyond crunchy/crusty all the way to solid. However once you got through that, it was just as good tasting as usual and DD had 2 servings, which is really saying something.

Also the pot roast came out beautifully and everyone seemed to like the meal. I was not at all sorry that it was only 5 of us, but it wasn't bad. I got my china cabinet cleaned up and even used my good china for dinner.

Cool. Eggs with money inside. I hope you mean hardboiled eggs. What fun... :s:

Go Painty, kids love cash. I even take cash when pressed. But I also like flowers and they are lowfat. Just in case anyone wanted to know. I don't eat them. Well, not very often.

Apparently I'm getting punchy from being up too long after too little sleep. Last night, DH kicked me really hard in the shin. He was totally asleep at the time, so I couldn't really get mad at him. However I did get back at him by dreaming that Rush Limbaugh was the one who kicked me. :lol:

Kiwi

Lohani
04-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Those scalloped pots sound yummy. I'm jealous.

I'm expecting the first of visiting children in about 10 minutes. It is friend Lisa's son who also happens to be ds12(can you believe my baby is 12????)'s friend. What am I going to do with them today???? It is raining.

Dd wants to look for a job. She needs one. The play is over and she has way too much time on her hands.

Painty, my kids prefer money to candy. DH and I ate most of the candy that was eaten yesterday.

I'm going to go make big promises to my cleaning group...I'll see you later....l

Wabby
04-12-2004, 02:55 PM
It was a beautiful Sunday here. Time for shorts and flip flops. Can't call them thongs anymore, ppl think you're talking underwear. The Easter bunny visited my children, DH and our extra son too. He knew I didn't need candy and skipped me. Sunday was also DD's birthday. She got new tires for her car. She was thrilled.
Bagzie, you are such a wonderful sister. It's terrible that your lil' sis has so much on her shoulders. Are there any social worker organizations that could help her? Did her DH have any siblings?
The way to grill the salmon and have it turn out yummy is to use a cedar plank. You soak the plank for 2 hrs., then put the seasoned salmon on it, and grill it on low flame. The plank smokes and makes the salmon taste wonderful. The best part is DH cooks it. It's his specialty.
Kiwi, your scallops sound delish. I love them when they get all crispied around the edges. Our bbq guests yesterday were all under 25, except for Grandpa Jim. He only thinks he's 25. We had a group of 10. It will take me a week to recover. Painty, the next holiday is Mother's day. You only have to relax to get ready for that one. As usual, Bunco was a rousing success. Except I didn't win any money. I did eat and drink to excess. Don't worry, it was only iced tea.

Bagzz
04-13-2004, 09:53 AM
i hate to use the word ******ed===it is mean---so i am LEARNING DISABLED WHEN IT COMES TO THIS MACHINE----SOOOOOO I am trying to use the "enhanced mode" WHO ELSE USES ENHANCED MODE????MAYBE I WILL GET THE HANG OF IT EVENTUALLY!!!---wabby---my sister's dear dh has THREE sisters and one brother----one brother lives in town but his wife does NOT want the inlaws on her turf---the sister who is in town is "unstable and unreliable" and actually YELLS at these poor sick old people---the inlaws are VERY sweet and thankful for everything you do for them which makes it particulary sad----yesterday sis had to go out for a while and my dd19 was watching the kids----the old folks knew sis was out but they thought i was there===they were calling for ME ----dd told me {we only live across the park from each other} Poor Nanny needed to have a BM and you have to wheel her in and get her up and on the facilities {she is totally paralyzed on the left side} NEEDLESS to say====can you imagine how humiliating this is!!! her poor husband is too frail to help mover her AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH----the other two daughters live "away" and like most in such a situation are "unable " to help at this time---they are on a waiting list for a nursing home but the list is months long------they have nurses in to check on them and some home care comes in daily but you just can't call them up when you have to go to the can~~!!!!!-----to top it all off my sis is away all week for work and her babysitter the ANGEL from Heaven!!! gets to do double duty all week----i will go over to help of course but suffice it to say------------ I AM UNIMPRESSED WITH MY SIS'S IN-LAWS---- I know some of you can relate----- FOR SURE!!!-----keeps me busy though!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: as far as favourite easter candy===i am in love with Lindor WHITE chocolate balls----------------PEACHERS REPORT BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY!!! AND FRAPPE REPORT IN OR ELSE WE SHALL SEND THE CYBERCOPS TO LOCATE YOU!!!!

Bagzz
04-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Special Thanks To Kiwonkers For Her Assistance On The "modes" She Is A Genius!!! Oxoxoxoxo Ps---can't You Think Of A Way For Us To Get Rich On The Computer Like Ding Dong Flylady????? We Should All Be Able To Come Up With Something????!!!!!!

Kiwonk
04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Bagz, your sissie is being taken advantage of in the most outrageous way. What kind of people would do this to someone? I mean just imagine--you lose your brother, so you send your aged parents to be cared for by his widow who works and has several small children? They should all be ashamed of themselves. And in fact, they should be publicly shamed! Your sister is an angel, but this isn't really even her responsibility. She's going to exhaust herself. I had sort of assumed that her dh was their only child -- ha! You're not shy, why you don't have at them? :s:

Y'know, Bagz, as soon as I have pots of time, I'm going into online business with you :dizzy: I have just the thing.

Well, as you can see, I've done no exercise for weeks on end. I'm going to go work out if I can tear myself away from my email.

Tata.

Kiwi

Wabby
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Bagzie, your sis's in-law siblings should be ashamed of themselves. We get total responsibility for DH's father, but at least it's DH's father. We are also very fortunate that he is in good health. I don't know what will happen if he needs nursing care. I have some major issues with DH's siblings. They never come around. On my fil's 92nd birthday we are the only one who bothered with any gift or celebration. I just can't understand how ppl get so self centered.
Kiwi, I haven't been getting any exercise either, but for me that's nothing new. I count shoveling as exercise. Have you ever noticed how boring exercise is? Let me know what your new internet business is. It doesn't have anything to do with male enhancement, does it? I get plenty of spam advertising that.
Gosh, that green is hard to read, isn't it?

Kiwonk
04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
I have exercised. And showered. Oh, and weighed myself to confirm that I haven't lost an ounce.

I am planning, doing laundry, making phone calls and other stuff to further my trip next week. At this point, we are arriving in NYC on Monday, and we have tickets to Fiddler on the Roof and Amateur Night at the Apollo, plus the intention of seeing an old Dixieland Jazz guy playing at an Italian restaurant. Almost like a plan. :cb:

I'm starving. Must go eat vast quantities to insure that all exercise is pointless.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi. I've been ... uh ... I don't know. I haven't read lately. I apologize. I see that Bagz's sil is being beseiged. I hate to know that even wonderful people like Bagz get this kind of stuff in their lives.

I am still learning this site. Here.
Bye.] place to click (http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/mywritingfriend/id290.html)

SugP
04-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Now I can say I know someone famous :cb:

P.S. I exercised and I THINK I may have seen a muscle. :smug: :smug: :smug: Have I mentioned how much I love my Pilates tape? It's all purple just like this. :smug:

Kiwonk
04-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates I just typed that 5 times fast. I'm a dimwit.
I love Peaches' story. I'm only partway through it. She is brilliant, dontcha think?

My DH is going to an awards dinner in the state capital tonight. His work group is being giving some kind of award by the governor or somesuchbody. He offered to let me drive him. But of course I wasn't invited to the event, so I declined. pooh on them.

Kiwi

Wabby
04-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Our Peachez is brilliant. I loved your story.

I'm trying to be good, but my Mom took me out to lunch and some bank person stopped by the office with misc. promotional gifts and chocolate.

Lohani
04-14-2004, 06:43 PM
I have already read this piece. WHY???Because I googled the author. She used to be our friend.But now, that she is internationally recognized, she no longer needs us. I happened to be very fond of this one. Particularly the pointy chin.

Cowpernia
04-15-2004, 08:54 AM
POintY Chin? Was this a billy goat story?? Thank you anyway. So nice to be googled. I guess. Maybe. It's my day off. You know what to do.

Bagzz
04-15-2004, 09:06 AM
if i were loharsie i would post a poll---but i haven't figured that out yet-----who thinks that PEACHERS should use her story of our twelve year old heroine as Chaper One in her new "tweenager angst" book-----------also readable by adults----even better--------------- I want a follow up chapter to this little chick------who thought the blind man was faking her out????

Wabby
04-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Just checking in..... I thought at first the blind guy was a pedophile. Wasn't sure if he was a blind pedophile or not. My parents have arrived back from their winter nest in Arizona. I seriously think they may be losing it. Have I mentioned the fact that they have a mobile home on a lot in AZ, and last year completed the building of a home in AZ that they have completely furnished with new stuff, and they have never moved into. They have occasional card parties at their new house with friends, and my mom has had lots of fun decorating it. Now she tells me that they have started building another new house in AZ, because they decided that they'd like a bigger lot. They have not listed either of their present homes for sale, but she says that they will eventually do that once their newest home is built. In the mean time their great big house in Portland isn't even listed for sale anymore. I don't even want to know. It just drives me too crazy. Sugar, a muscle??? really? I'm impressed. I was starting to get the beginnings of a muscle when I was doing my weights, but I've slacked off and my arms are back to flabby. Remember my lil sis's baby boy? He's now in 1st grade and has been booted out of the after school program for saying something obscene to a little girl. Gosh, they do grow up.

Kiwonk
04-15-2004, 08:00 PM
My parents...I seriously think they may be losing it.
I'm pretty sure all parents lose their minds after their retire. It sounds just like what my parents did: they had a big house in Charlotte, they bought a big boat to keep at the lake. They decided they liked the lake, so they bought a condo, which they furnished with completely new stuff because they were keeping their house in town. Then they decided maybe they'd move to the lake, so they put their house up for sale. Then they decided they missed having a garden, so they bought a house at the lake. They moved into that. Then they sold the big boat and bought a smaller one. Finally they sold the condo, and eventually the house. Then a few years later they moved into a retirement community. Completely insane. Every once in a while I hear a little peep of complaint about their current abode and I cringe.

I made bean soup for dinner, only it wasn't nearly done when I got home (I had it going in the crockpot), so it's still cooking and DH just brought home a pizza. :shrug:

Kiwi

PainterWoman
04-16-2004, 02:11 AM
Thumbs up to Peachy Cow and the 12 year old heroine. I had birthday parties like that, but never at MacArthur Park... Griffith Park, yes, or Brookside... But maybe there's a MacArthur Park in FL that I don't known about. Hmmm. Guess anybody could name a park after a war hero.

Beautiful days. Crummy mood. Should probably be making little lists for myself and actually accomplishing things.

tomorrow, she said. i'll worry about it tomorrow.

Wabby
04-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Kiwi, I think that the parents are just at loose ends since they've retired and are practicing recreational home building. I guess there's worse things they could do with their time.

Painty, I'm sorry you're in the doldrums. I've had a few of those days myself. I've been able to keep myself amused lately with planting flowers and stuff. I really should have gone into the horticultural business, but then it probably wouldn't have been as much fun. This years colors are back to blues and pinks. I planted in front of my roses with white cosmos, blue salvia, white petunias, white alyssum and blue lobelia. The roses are mostly in the pinky tone. Deck rail planters are pink wave petunias w/ white bacopa and lime green licorice plant. Haven't gotten to my pots yet, they still have tulips blooming in them. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure you're all fascinated. ;)

Kiwi, bean soup for dinner tonight? Sounds yummy.

Kiwonk
04-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh Wabby, that all sounds so lusciously beautiful. Of course I haven't heard of half of them, but they sound fab. I wish I had the know-how/greenthumb/motivation combination that I think it would take to do that. Of course I will probably manage to plant my lasagna garden again this year. I'm thinking of doing some interesting peppers -- I've been buying various kinds to try (eating) when they have them in the grocery store and my current favorite is Poblano. I wonder if that would grow in Maine. Maybe with a lot of coddling. I only got a couple of peppers out of my handful of plants last year, but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be packing and stuff. And going to get a haircut. Bye :wave:

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-16-2004, 03:34 PM
HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY KIWONKERS!!!!-------I CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU GET BACK AND TELL ME ABOUT OUR NEW ONLINE CAREER----WE WILL BE RICHER THAN FLY LADY IN NO TIME!!!! AHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DRINK LOTS OF MARGIES-----AND HAVE A BALL ON BROADWAY!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :smug: :smug:

Wabby
04-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey Kiwonkers!!! I forgot that this is the weekend!!! Have fun, fun, fun!!!!

Bagzie, I so wish I could be drinking margies with you tonight. I just realized what I need is to sit in a nice quiet little bar and drink margies until I'm tipsy. Haven't done that forever. What would really be nice is to sit out on a sunny deck at a waterfront bar and drink margies. Or long island iced teas. And the bar would be attached to a nice hotel so I wouldn't have to drive home.

TGIF

Kiwonk
04-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Well, I'll do just that in your honor, Wabbit. Perhaps not quite a waterfront bar, but definitely a hotel. Hope I can remember the trip when I come back :devil:

Have a good week, cowsies.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-18-2004, 12:40 AM
clickkkkkk (http://quintessence-encouraginggreatwriting.com/KnowWho.html)

I am so out of it. What is Kiwi up to? What business?