Old 04-02-2004, 04:39 AM   #16  

Wink

GOOD MORNING!!
I found you!! And yes this means I AM home after 12 days in the cardiac unit. I will keep this short so I can play catch up and have my first decent cup of coffee for weeks!!
Here I was going to insert a few dozen smilies but the link does not work this morning
Back soon....thank you so much for all your messages!!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Teel, you are home!! Oh Wow, whhoooohooo! Yeehaa Yeehaa How are you????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #18  

Good Morning Ladies,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am in the Mountain Standard Time Zone. I live a very very small community quite remote by the world's standards. The statement I made when I moved from Alaska in 1994 was I was moving to the wilderness, which is true. The nearest town in both directions you can travel is 150 miles. So needless to say you gals will be hearing about the creatures I get to view almost daily right out my windows. Spring is such a great time of renewal and I need to get some help and encouragement in this weight loss road,sort of step out of my usual comfort zone for support.
I am divorced since 2000 and I have two terrific sons who are in college and reside together in Boise,ID. Just as most Mothers tend to be they were my world and I miss them so much. It is at least a 5 hours drive to see them. Chad is the oldest and Jesse is the youngest. Chad just turned 22 on Monday and Jesse is 20. I have a little dog, a Yorkie all of 4 lbs. who is my best mate, her name is Teeka and she is 9yrs. old. I work for a fabulous Physical Therapist as her Tech and I have a terrific job that is keeping me in this area for right now. I am short and stocky 5'3" have always carried too much weight but I am not totally out of shape because I am active. I have a thyroid condition that was diagnosed in 1998 and I put on weight before I received medication and I seem to lose and then gain it back. Working a hard day that is very busy then coming home and not being motivated is the increasing problem for me. You gals seem to be such a good source of friendship and broad shoulders to cry on so I thought I would try to draw from that in my battle of the bulge!
I love to travel and have been to australia twice since my divorce. I love it there. I love anything English and watch more BBC than american tv. So I am looking forward to visiting with all of you about so many things. I like to hike and bike and knit and when given someone to cook for I love to cook different foods. Well, I am through my first cup of coffee for the day...hope to get to know each of you and Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Take Good Care,
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #19  

Way! She's jogged (very very gently) over here!! Hiya Teel! Glad they let you out! I hope in time you will tell all (you know how nosey we all are - OK just me then!). I was very impressed with the standard of care my friend got when in for a hernia. Mind you she was in a private room (although a non paying NHS person). Hope your stay was not too stressful. I might work in a hospital but like every normal person would not like to stay in one (only those with Munchausen's would I expect!). A work colleague helped another clean out a cupboard and when I spotted a whole trolley of needles I suddenly came over all peculiar. I hate them! I was an absolute pin cushion when younger . Always up the hospital for blood tests! Luckily I am in the academic side so rarely see the blood, guts and gore side. Actually that would not bother me but the needles do. I am even a bit uncomfortable with the squeezy blood pressure thing. "What if they keep on squeezing when they should stop" goes through my mind...
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #20  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Welcome Home Miss Teel!!!

WE ARE ALL SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!! I just mailed you a card this morning to the hospital But it's sooo much better to have you back here!!!

Peacock~ Hope mom goes out more. My chairs are motorized so I go out alone. In the beginning I was embarassed but you get used to the stares. I smile at all of them now! My DD hates needles too!

Happy~ I love the name and think Shad is right! Now we are 2 more!!!
Give it a new name and they will come?!?! Getting excited about the vacation huh? Great to get away and don't forget to take some cauliflower with you! Good thing I got the avatar thing straightened out befor you left!!! I was going to send it all to Shad in one e-mail for when she came home!

Raven~ Welcome and nice to see you here. Good luck with the diet plan and let us know how you're doing!

Shad~ i didn't notice it was a rainbow but the colors and dancers made me happy all the same. Now I went back and can see the rainbow!!
Glad you're home. Feel better and hope there is some ME time in there with the work time! Trying to think if I missed anything......well it's in the journal part if I did. OH YES.......what wee bloke did you eat for your tea?!?!?
Do let us in on the Mystery At Teatime!!!!

Well I finally came off cloud 9 and took the day off to boot. Did my bills and mailed them out. Not much left this month. I'm sending out extra to lower them. Feels good when you see them dropping down! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay well and happy!! Love~ Mel

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-02-2004 at 01:47 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #21  

hey roseblush ive got two very english {well scottish } kids that you can have just give me the adress and ill send them right over
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #22  

Oh come on Linus, you know that you would not know what to do without those two wee men - who would you be able to roar at.
Roseblush so nice to hear back from you. Sounds like you live a really good lifestyle and it is so nice to hear about people who like their jobs. I look forward to hearing of the flora and fauna as seen from the windows. I'm a nature freak. Things like reflections in water, landscapes, clouds and colours really set me alight. I have two grown sons as well. To visit one involves a 31/2 flight as he is in New Zealand (the homeland) and the other is looking to buy the house next door so he's not leaving home anytime soon. My boys are 30 and 28 so they are not kids anymore. Like you I am on my own. Most times I am happy with that. I live just south of Brisbane in Queensland Australia. My job involves workplace training. I tend to travel a lot so I am often not at home. I actually work for myself so I work on contract for different companies. I am about to finish this current contract this month.
I have a dog and a cat that rule my life!!!

Time to go do the washing. I may ring Teel tonight to get the latest gossip and see how she is. Nothing like pushing the issue and checking her out. Dr Shad to the rescue!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #23  
Happy September

Roseblush~ I didn't have time to read your post and do it justice so I left it till now. You probably know more about me than you wanted to Not to make you blush(lol) but that e-mail you sent me awhile back really made my day. Thanks again. I would love to live in the country but would need many batteries and much better tires!! I envy you that peaceful life. At least in my mind it sounds that way! And I LOVE pictures as Shad will tell you!! I haunt her everytime she goes somewhere! With working for a physical therapist...you certainly came to the right place maybe the name should have been Around The World With 79 Chicks On 4 wheels! Hope you like it here. I'm so glad I found them. Not a day goes by that one or more don't make me feel good and keep me believing in myself! So welcome again and sorry I took so long but duty called!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 PM   #24  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Holy cow we are on page 2 already? I'm not sure I can keep up with all of you!

Teel Welcome HOME!!!!! We kept the homefires burning for you I hope they have gotten you stablized and more comfortable. I'm sure you didn't get any substantial rest at the hospital so take it easy for the next few days, ok?

Mel if you lived in the country with Roseblush, you wouldn't need batteries, we'd just hitch you up to a nice wagon so you could get out and admire those wide open skies. I think I might have seen your super chair on the news today. This one raises you so that you can talk to people at eye level (I didn't realize till I thought about it that you must spend alot of time having to talk to people's noses rather than their eyes). However a good lot of us here are just above the 5 foot level so most of us could look at you straight on. This chair also can actually climb stairs! I think it was called an IBOT or something but it sounded a bit like what you were describing. Really cool.

Shad, I didn't realize that your son was looking into buying the house next to you. That will be nice. Tell him he has to finish helping you renovate your house before he starts on his Hope everything works out for him. Give our love to Teel when you talk to her if you haven't already rung her up.

Linus, you know that you'd lose half of your funny stories if you went and lent out your children.

Peacock, nice to see you back again. I too have often wondered with the blood pressure machine, will you keep squeezing until my arm pops right off? It gets to the point where it hurts and they give it a few more squeezes for good measure.

Wow Roseblush, it's seems you are custom made for this group here! You share many similar interests and after a while and some gentle prodding we'd get you to see things our way anway - no, not really It's a fine group of people here. Boy you really ARE in the middle of the wilderness, aren't you? My husband and I are into astronomy and I'll bet we'd get some fine observing out by you. I am jealous you get to see all the good meteor showers. Perhaps we should set up our commune by Roseblush girls. But wait, aren't your winters rather BRUTAL? I would imagine that after a day of body tiring physical therapy work that it's pretty hard not to come home and just pop the easiest thing into the oven and sit in a chair for exercise, isn't it? But welcome, we're all struggling and nudging each other here.

Well. Ahem. I have set April 16th as my quit smoking date. I had wanted to lose some weight before I quit but that is slow in coming. I have set my date as the first day of my vacation because I am going to a smoker unfriendly state (California) and will be in a situation where it will not be easy to smoke. That is also right before my birthday and one of my committments was to quit by my birthday. The real challenge will be when we get to Las Vegas where you can pretty much smoke freely all over. But I'm hoping 7 days down and I will be strong. (Besides DH would leave me out in the dessert if I started again). Wish me luck. I will need it. A tiny part of me does not want to stop tho most of me knows I need to and should. I hope that's enough to overcome the weak part of me. And I am really really afraid of gaining weight again which I know will happen. That's what sent me back to smoking again after I quit the last time. But I am getting some prescription drugs to help, I have an online smoking cessation program to help me prepare and I have announced to both my mom, sister and DH that I am quitting. DH is sceptical but supportive. That's my news for the day. Have a great weekend everyone.

Raven, I hope you can find your way back here again! And has Shaker run off with Annie? Worrysome as it is hot cross bun season you know

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-02-2004 at 11:53 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:20 AM   #25  

Poor Annie, she is never going to live down the hot cross bun episode is she!! Haven't heard any strange news flashes regarding hot cross buns this year (yet) so maybe she is thinking up something else.

Happy, Mel is dangerous enough without a chair that goes upstairs. Oh heck, just think where she could chase those firemen !!!!
I'm right behind you with the giving up smoking bit Happy. You can do it. It just takes perseverance and patience. Are you using those patches this time? I know several people who did it on them.

WARNING: RANT COMING UP
I don't think I will be visiting you lot in the US anytime soon anymore. I had thought of doing a similar trip as I did last year, on the way to Italy next year, however I hear on the latest news that now, apart from the physical handling and searches and the screening and xraying, your lot are now about to finger print and photograph us all just as if we were common criminals. Absolute paranoia has set in. What ever happened to human rights? Afraid you'll have to come visit me in Canada or Mexico. Your lot also tried to ban people queuing for the loos on international flights to the States (non American flights I might add) a while back. The Aussies gave them the bird and the NZers simply queued up at the back of the aircraft until the pilot appealed to them to move forward to the front loos as the plane was sinking at the *** end. Sorry, the Australian govt. might like to live in Uncle Sam's pocket, the rest of us do not. Nothing against the American people, most of the ones I have met have been lovely people. We just don't like your foreign policies. I'll hazard a bet that most of you don't like them either. Rant over.

My day has been lazy. I have done little of what I planned. I just did not feel well and went back to bed at 2 oclock and slept until 4 in the warm sunshine and gentle breezes. Maybe I should have taken MELs advice and had some hammock time. So tomorrow will be busy trying to get things done before I head back up the hill again on Monday until Thursday. Then we get 4 days off. Oh yahoo. then it is all downhill until our birthdays.

I haven't rung Teel yet. I figure that our time difference is 10 hours. If I wait until about 8.00 or 8.30pm I will catch her getting her act together for Saturday around 10.30. Otherwise I may wake her up.

Teel, I can ring night or morning. The American lot I have to get up fairly early to catch you at a time that I think you may be home and or getting ready for tea or bed. Thank goodness the Internet has world times - otherwise I would never keep up. The closer to me that you live on the American continent, the earlier I have to get up in the morning.

Okay, I had best go and get started on tea. I have bought me some salmon which I will have with a salad. DS will get the steak I bought this morning. I also bought some fresh fruit - strawberries, kiwiberries (no not kiwifruit) and pawpaw plus some nectarines that I will make into fruit salad for my snacks and treats. All the summer fruit is nearly gone. That makes me sad.

Just remembered that I ought to have gone to the post office this morning as there is a parcel there for me. I think it is the bits to install Broadband. I shall have to ring them again on Monday and try to get DS to pick it up during the week.

My memories is going I could yet end up like my mother

Last edited by Shad; 04-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #26  

Good Morning Ladies,
Linus that is a great thought to send the boys over....... I really wanted to have 6 kids but that didn't work out. Boys are so great to raise and I am so glad my two are still very close. Happytobeme..... you have a delightful sense of humor ...... yes it is very remote here but winters are really not much...not after living in Alaska for 20 years and being raised in Montana..... they are quite manageable. The night sky here for viewing is so good, right now with Venus being so bright it seems so close. There isn't much light from any close by big cities so the stars can really shine. In the town there are only two traffic lights.....
I am a happy girl today my sister came to visit for the first time in over a year and then something with her boyfriend and my neice Aileena who is my only neice to spoil. I also have a nephew Arian so the kids have been quite close. I am taking my neice out to a ranch today to see the baby calves a friend of mine is raising longhorn type cows for roping stock. That is becoming a craze for kids and families to do together. then we may stop by another gals place who is a horse trainer...so have ridden her horses before and she doesn't use bridles or anything on her horse we just had halters and off to the hills we went. She can voice command most every horse she has, never experienced anything quite like it before. My neice is an animal crazed girl so we should have a great day and it looks like the sun might shine and no snow...yeah!!
I ordered a pizza for their late arrival last night.... I had chicken artichoke hearts, almonds, sun dried tomatoes with a white sauce.... it was very very tasty. But I only had one piece so I was pretty good. My sis and her squeeze are going to go hiking up to a hotsprings today which she loves to do, so everyone gets to enjoy their day here in the Wilderness. We have lots of hot springs in this area.
Sending out good thoughts to Teel hope your recovery is quick. Hope all is well with everyone as I get to know everyone here.... I love all the little characters you use I don't have those. Morning Mel, when do you get your chair now? We started paperwork for a patient and it took one year, so frustrating. So glad for you.
My sis did bring me down a used monitor so my screen is now blue again and not yellow yellow yellow...... I am so happy. WEll, my coffee is done brewing and smells great.... so I will check back with you later. Take Good Care!
Roseblush....
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #27  
Happy September

Good morning and Happy Saturday!
I am helping Jen paint the lobby windows for Spring. Can't say Easter.....It's a govt. Bldg!!! Gotta be politically correct! We're taking a break. Snack time. I have been pretty good on the eating plan, water and exercise but no go with the scale as yet. Maybe next week

Rose~ I have the paper work in, the approval and now need the chair to be made to my size and the covering put on the seat. After all this brouhaha over the $$ they are arguing over the seat material! Can you believe it?! I told the girl......Call me when yuou are ready to deliver it and not until then!
Glad you had such nice visits. You're lucky I don't go anywhere! I'd be building on a spare corner of the lot!

Happy~ Yes I get to see a lot of nose bottoms and their HAIRS!!
I won't go into the details of what those little buggers can hold! It bothers my neck so I back up to get a better look and people follow me so I give up! I am level with a lot of mens butts and women's underarms........does that say it all!
I will pray for you(and I don't do this for just anyone) with your quitting the smoking. Been there and done that myself. Wasn't easy but well worth it. Just keep telling yourself CANCER!! I looked at awful pics before I quit!! It was enough to make me quit and I was a 3 pack a day girl. so good luck and just think how sweet smelling you and the house and the car will be!! No more yellow curtain tops!! LOL

Shad~ I about said it all in the journal but I was hoping you would rest up before work again!!! :rollingpin: Great that next weekend will be a longer one. Pray that the week is fast and easy. Hey, isn't that what my boyfriends used to say about me?! Have a good sleep and see you tomorrow! our fruit season is not started yet so we're still eating "foreign" fruit. LOL Probably sprayed with all the DDT we sold to the 3rd world nations!! And now we buy our fruit from them!!!

Guess the others are resting their fingers!!! Have a great day and take care!!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #28  
Happy September

Rose~ Because they are more knowledgeable.it would be better if Happy or Shad told you this but....when you want to reply..look at the bottom of the last post. Click on "post reply" button and a screen pops up with the blank post to fill in like a letter. On the right you will see a box of smilies and click on the word "more" another screen will pop up with more smilies. You can scroll down and click on the one you want. It magically appears on the post as "letters". BUT- When you submit the post it turns into the smilie you picked. Hope I said this the right way! I am sure someone else can tell you better how to keep both screens on top at the same time!

Had to edit. I made some mistakes and 1/2 sentences!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-03-2004 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #29  

hi all back again feel abit better as ive been pretty crap all week so i thought id catch up with every body
MEL i just about fell off my chair fast and easy my craig came ben to see what i was laughing about and then he said he didnt know what i was laughing at i was the one who got sent home when i was 6 because i was snogging the inn keeper under the stage when i should have been on the stage being the virgin mary and no it was not me that gave him that ammo it was my lovely sweet mother who is taking great delight in taking her revenge on me she said she didnt think she was ever going to get the chance because i was having dogs not children and sometimes i wished id stuck to that ROSEBLUSH the kids were all for it until i tald them where you lived and they declined pretty quickly they are definantly city kids well i got a letter from the local housing association this morning i have been approved for a new house so hopefully ill hear soon and insted of a flat ill have a lovely main door house with a garden i have missed having a garden so badly and my magnolia tree is still in dads garden where i left it until i got a new house it might just be a bit big for transplanting ill have to wait and see im not much into flowers although i must admit i do love lillies and used to grow lots i like foliage and absolutely love larel and spruce and i really miss having to spend hours cleaning soil out from under my nails {i know im nuts }vut isnt it strange the things you miss and my poor goldfish will be so glad to get back in a pond i just didnt have the heart to give them away when i moved so i took them with me and there in a tank in my kitchen but they really are geting a bit big for it i really should stop calling them goldfish i have two black moors and one red comet
well bored you all enough and robert palmer has just came on vh1 so im away for a boogie
speak later
kirsty
Old 04-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #30  

hey ive actually managed to put some normal sized pics on the gallery so you can see who i moan about and ROSEBLUSH you might not want them after you see them and the wee dog cleo is what i call a staffie even though as my son will tell you when you pay £450.00 for a dog you should give them there proper title so shes a staffordshire bull terrier speak later
kirsty