Old 03-30-2004, 07:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Wink ch..ch..ch.. changes

Ok so as I am sitting here one day eating my low carb peanut butter toast I realize I can not finish it all.. WHAT??? I thought it was a fluke so today (a couple days later) I come home from work and I decide Yea I'm going to make a (low carb) sandwhich..by the time I got done eating it I was stuffed! Ok ok.. I used to be able to eat half a loaf of bread for pete's sake.. now two pieces fill me up?

I have also aquired an addiction to cauliflower.. I used to hate it! When I first started induction I tried it and gagged.. Now I LOVE the stuff and cant get enough!

Creamed Cabbage - my mother has made it since the day I was born. Never NEVER would I touch it. I'd taste it every other year or so and wanted to vomit. The other day I ate an entire plate of it! (low carb version of course, but others in family swear it tastes identical)

My shoes feel like they are 10 times to big for me, I cant lace them tight enough they still slop around!

All this is great! It's really showing me in another way other then numbers on a scale or tape measure that I'm actually making progress, weight and eating wise. But I have to admit I'm kinda freaked out about liking some of the stuff I couldnt bare to put near my mouth

Has anyone else noticed little changes like this?
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:00 PM   #2  

Holy congrats! I hope this happens to me too though I really do like cauliflower as is not such a big fan on cabbage.
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:50 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

oh poo. I haven't noticed that much change (except that I can get into my size 12 jeans w/out jumping off a silo). When does that happen by the way??? Oh, and when do my BOOBS disappear (ok, smaller and perkier would be good enough! )

Congrats Trazzie!! You're doing EXCELLENT!! Keep up the good work!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:31 AM   #4  
Look at me go ;)

Woohoooooooooo! I bet you are feeling sooo great Miss T! I can't wait to feel the same... I hope. You should give yourself a big hug, you worked your butt off for it!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  

I was actually thinking the same thing recently. I haven't aquired a taste for cauliflower yet ...THANK GOD but I have noticed that I am definitely changing how and what I am eating. I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I have almost cut out my afternoon snack completely. That in itself is amazing to me. I am not starving all the time like I used to be. I only eat when it is time to eat and that is that.

Good for you Trazzie....you are doing awesome.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:53 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I love cauliflower too, but always have.

Hey ! try making Cauliflower Salad (aka, potato salad) use the frozen it works the best. And Mock Mashed Potato Salad that is also wonderful !!

Congratulations !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  
Head Princess

I've always been adventurous in food, but I've still noticed changes. The biggest is the "too sweet" factor. More than one packet of splenda in 16 ounces of coffee, and I think I'm going into sweetness overload. Orange bell peppers are like candy to me now.

I also notice that I just seem to taste things better now. I don't know if it's because I don't have sugar and starch hogging my palate or that I'm finally slowing down enough to taste my food, but either way!

And I've started craving veggies. That's something I never anticipated happening!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #8  
Mouth of the South

I was beginning to think I was anorexic or something close to it. I had no appetite, and the thought of food repulsed me. I have never in my life had to force myself to eat except when I was on diet pills.

Star, I know what you mean about sugar. Sunday at a church banquet, I ate bread and brownies laced with chocolate. I thought it would be a divine experience, and it was not that great! It was too sweet, and about 20 minutes later, I could barely keep my eyes open, I felt sick, and the next day I craved sugar all day. These changes are just fine with me
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:19 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Did you guys ever have grape tomatoes, those things are like candy, I have 10 a day in my salad and its 5 carbs but to me OH SO worth it.

Love it when you put them in your mouth and let them roll around and then just at the right moment you bite it and BURST they explode with sweetness in your mouth..........ohhhhh sorry, got carried away, was I talking about the tomatoes, oh yeah yeah tomatoes

Old 03-31-2004, 12:34 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Oh, Leenie! I love those things so much that I'm planting them in my garden next week! Along with my pre-existing parsley and chives, I'm also adding lemon cucumbers, spaghetti squash, cilantro, peas w/edible pods, and basil. That should save my grocery bill for a while!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:10 PM   #11  

Oh, I wish I had enough space to put in a garden like that. I love growing herbs in pots. Maybe I could plant a grape tomato plant in a pot!
Basil, yum with tomatoes and mozzorella cheese....sigh.............
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM   #12  
Head Princess

really, I don't have much space at all. I have a tiny back yard (I live in a townhouse) and I just dug about 2 feet around the 2 partial fences on either side of my patio and called it good. I also have two huge "buckets" that I use for the tomatos and peas.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:11 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Jane, you know those big buckets you can use as laundry baskets (the plastic ones), you can plant in those, honest it works wonderful. I grew 2 lb tomatoes in those things and people couldn't believe it, kinda like patio pots except HUGE! Just make sure you drill a few holes in the bottom to let the water drain. I need to scan my pictures of my pot tomatoes (hmmmmm lolol ) and show you.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:19 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 6"

Leenie your so funny.. great description on the tomato experience. I have never liked tomatoes and decided to try them the other night and I still do not like them. Ah well I guess I can't expect my tastes to change entirely overnight. I can confess though.. tonight I tried brussel sprouts.. now dont let mom hear me say this but they were good!! :P I was forced to eat them as a child and I always pulled the sneaking them into the napkin trick.. now I can sit at her table and enjoy them with her
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:40 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Trazzie - how do you cook/eat brussels sprouts? I've been wanting to give them a try