South Beach Diet - New to the boards...

View Full Version : New to the boards...

shannon35
03-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Hello! I started SB three weeks ago but am re-starting after slipping on vacation in Disneyland. This time I am ready for it!

My name is Shannon and I am 23 years old. I have been married for 7 months to my wonderful husband who has already lost 25 pounds since January by watching his portions. He is doing SB with me so the support is nice!

I lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers two years ago but didn't want to be counting points for the rest of my life. I have been struggling with the last 10-15 pounds, and am ready to get them off for good. After reading about South Beach I decided that this was something I could see myself sticking to long term. I just hope that I am able to get through Phase 1 this time! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! I have already gotten a lot of great recipes and ideas from here and can't wait to find more.

Shannon

Ruthxxx
03-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Welcome to The Beach. There's lots of support and enthusiasm here. Isn't it annoying how fast men can lose! :(

moonmirror
03-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the beach. It is hard sometimes, but guaranteed you will lose weight faster than WW with less hunger. WW takes a lo-o-o-o-ng time. I didn't have the patience!!

MM.

lyriclyric
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Welcome and good luck on Phase I again. GO GIRL!!

Chickpea
03-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Welcome. It feels weird saying that because I feel so new here, too. Before SBD I considered programs like Jenny Craig. But I knew I would feel hungry all the time. Besides, it seems ridiculous to pay a lot for pre-packaged micro servings of food. Good luck!

ellis
03-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the Beach, Shannon! :wave: