Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #142

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I sure did not think I would get back here today, but here I am. This afternoon went well, most of the monster kiddies were picked up. The only snag was at one of my last stops, one parent owns a rotweiller- which was untied today and attacks the student (she is terrified of the dog). Now,I have known some really tame rotweillers, but this ain't one of them! I refused to let the student off.....had to radio in to have mom come out to get her dog.......why me??????

Anyway- some quick responses. Penny - my 2 oldest have tried the white strips (let me use some too) they work well, but are kind of yucky while on (you know that by now!) Hope you got your workout in!

Crystal- I am on Weight watchers (forgive me if I mentioned that). Hope you can find a plan you can live with, that is half the battle!

Spryng- tomorrow should be more sane than today was and I might get to that DVD. Had to go to HR block to get the dumb taxes done.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Partytime- thanks for stopping by.

Gotta go get dinner on.......see ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 03-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Hi Y'all

I'm in the midst of cooking dinner, but wanted to check in. I see alot of you are on WW. I may have to give it another whirl. Since I only know about the old way they did it, how do I find out about this new way? I can't go to meetings although I wish I could. I can't afford alot if any. How can I learn it?

I think I've done really well today. No exercise, but more water than normal and very light on the eating.

I'll check in before bed time.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:52 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I have all the new ww points and such if you want I can email them to you or snail mail them!

Let me know if you are interested!

I think I am going to do ww myself
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Howdy ladies

I lost 3.5 pounds!! Only 1 more pound to go to my mini goal. I KNOW I can lose a pound this week!!

We had wonderful weather again today...that's why you haven't heard from me yet! Once summer hits I probably won't be posting much during the day! My Mom came over this morning 'cause she wanted to vac her car out. So we played outside with the kids. Ginny, I got to hang clothes outside today Ok, so tomorrow it'll be raining/snowing and who knows what! But the last 3 days have been gorgeous. Congrats on your walk btw.

We went to Wendy's for lunch. I got the Manderine Chicken Salad. Thank goodness I looked at the dressing package before opening.... 250 cals and 19 grams of fat! Needless to say I ate it without dressing. The mandarine oranges were moisture enough anyway. It was very good. Then stopped at the grocery store and then to Target to get things for Easter baskets. There's a 6 pack of Recess Eggs in my spare room for the next 2 weeks. I won't open it 'til I have too and then I'm saving 1 for me!!

Spryng, get that exercise in??? I can't even imagine thong underwear!! I would look like one of those cartoons you see every once in a while So now I'm confused... Dh was just in last weekend wasn't he?? Is this vacation now?

Candy, get outside and play in the garden...it does a world of good! Of course I don't have a job to keep up with.

Crystal, I'm using Dr Phil's plan as a guide...eating healthy and exercising. I have done WW but can't seem to stick to the points...but I think WW is an excellent plan for those who can do it.

Penny, good luck with it if you try it. How's ds ear?? Hope someone was able to chat with you. What tape did you do?

Ricci, hope you 'weathered' the storm I crack myself up.

Melinda, hope you had a good day too and anyone else out there.

Did my 3 mile walk this morning before my mother showed up so now I'm going to go relax and read my book.

Will's cold hasn't really turned into anything...I said to Dh "coincidence, I think not"! I can't remember if I told you that I put some of the aromatherapy oil on a cotton ball and stuck it to his bedpost the last two nights (it's a cold blend of 3 oils) and Dh kind of just rolled his eyes.

Anyway, I sure hope I didn't miss anyone here! I hope everyone gets the good weather we've been having and that it sticks around for a while.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile Thanks

Good evening all,
This will be my last post for the night. Working on grocery list. I am very proud of myself today, I think I've done great. I hope everyone else has done good as well. I hope everyone was able to follow their goals.

mompen - I would love that WW info. Is it the new way they do it? I don't really understand how it's done now. Let me know.

Hope everyone has a GREAT night.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:26 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

GERI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!

HAPPY DANCE!

BRAVO!

LETS GIVE YOU A HAND!

I am so glad you had a great day in town! You deserve it!!!!

Crystal,
It is the new flex points! I will try to get it to you tomorrow. Email me with your address. Mine is [email protected]

How is everyone doing tonight! Hopefully great!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #8  
Firefly

Default Can I join up?

Hi! I am a stay at home mommy raising a set of beautiful twin girls who just turned three. I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds and am having a hard time getting motivated! I could use some advice on how to make healthy meals that even picky 3 year olds will love, get motivated to get off the couch, and just meet some new mommies who love staying home with their children!

best wishes to all,
Cindy
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Cindy,

It is wonderful to have new faces here! When you are motivated, it helps me stay motivated! Welcome Welcome!!!!

I am Penny, SAHM Mom to three boys, Hunter 4, Nicholas, 3 and Andrew 9 months! I have about 32 pounds to goal plus I should really be down another 10 or so once I get there! But one step at a time!

Hope you enjoy your stay here! We are a great bunch of mummies
Old 03-30-2004, 07:34 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Smile What a Beautiful Day

I sure hope everyone had a great night. My 16 month old son that still wakes up 2 to 4 times a night, didn't last night. Not sure why. But husband is mad at me, not sure why. Oh well, still a beautiful day.

Penny, I emailed you and thanked you for the WW info.

Geri, congratulations, you are doing GREAT.

Hi Cindy, wanting to join in. I just joined in this past weekend. It's already doing alot of good for me. I check in here several times a day and I have two weight buddies on my im. That way they are a step closer. If you want to be on my buddy list let me know and we can swap info. I am a 26 year old stay at home mother of 3. Alisa 5 1/2, Ally is almost 3, and Andrew is 16 months. I am a Watkins Associate from home and I homeschool. I have about 65 lbs. to go. My mini mini goal is to be down 5 by Easter. I'll let you know how that goes.

You all have a GREAT day.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:12 AM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

GERI!!! WAY TO GO!!! We are all sooooooo proud of you! I did get out in the yard a little yesterday. Started something and left it half done (my DH HATES when I do that!!! He says I am always making messes for him to clean up which is very true!) Anyhows, I plan to get out there and work on it some more today. I bought some plants at Lowe's and don't want them to die so I will need to get them in the ground. But...today is laundry day and the end of the month! Ugh!! This will be the last time my laundry helper comes! Yeah!!! I know that sounds bad but it will really be a relief. I have also not been motivated to work so I have a pretty big stack I need to work on but I will get outside sometime today. So glad Will didn't get really sick! I'm not rolling my eyes about the oils! You know I'm all about all things natural!!!

Crystal, sounds like you had a great day!!! Way to go!!! Glad your baby slept through the night! That's always kinda scary but nice!!! Hope hubby gets over it!!! Where in Texas are you? I have family all over Texas. My grandfather lives in Sulphur Bluff which is not too far from Dallas. How is homeschooling going? My son will be 5 in May and I will begin homeschooling him this fall. Last question, what is a Watkins Associate??? Hope you have another great on plan day! I'm sure you will!!!

Penny, how's Hunter doing? Sorry to abandon you yesterday but something came up!!! The life of a mother! So have you officially decided to do WW?

Ginny, the student and the dog...she is afraid of her own dog??? If so, that is horrible!!! Sorry you had the little incident. TAXES...UGH!!! I did ours in February.
Hope today is nice and smooth with the kiddies.

Spryng, how's everything going? How's the tan coming along? How was dinner? I just ended up having salad. The kids had salad and mac & cheese. Nothing too exciting. I'm fixing the MSF's Chicken Parmesan for dinner tonight. I'm even going to make homemade baguettes. Or so I think!

Melinda, where ya at girl??? How's everything going?

Andrea, how's everything going for you? Kids doing ok? Did DH get his next assignment yet?

Well, I've got a LOT to do today!!! I need to work in the yard, do the laundry and get my work done! The dr fussed last month about the fact that I wait until the last day of the month to do a whole bunch instead of doing a nice steady flow each day so I have trying to do better but I took Friday off and have lost my motivation since then. Better get it back!!! Can't afford to lose my job yet!!! Which reminds me, does anyone else's hubby say one thing to them and then the exact opposite to everyone else? My dh is the one who talked me into another kid but if I say something about it in front of anyone, he acts like he doesn't want anymore kids and it is all me. Ugh! That drives me crazy. It took a good 2 years of him talking about having more kids for me to finally decide, ok, yeah, I would like another and now he makes it out like it is all me! Neither of our parents is keen on the idea. They are nice about it, they don't say they aren't keen on it, but I can tell by their reactions. Of course, that's how they were before we had kids at all. Ok, well I've babbled enough. Hope everyone has a great op day!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:02 AM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Here you go Candy

Good morning again...
I was just checking in...

Candy, good luck homeschooling, it's HARD but worth it in the end. I live in Terrell about 30 miles East of Dallas.

I'm a Watkins associate, ever heard of it? World's famous Watkins Vanilla or black pepper or cinnamon? Well, it is a company that has been around for 135 years. Watkins was a doctor in the 1800's. They have four categories of GREAT products. Most of their products are natural, root extracts and such. They have the pantry ingredients, spices, extracts, flavorings. Soup and gravy bases. Really Good Things. Then they have the indulgences section, this is your shampoos, bath soaps, lotions. They have two basic personal care product lines: Vanilla and Aloe & Green Tea. One of the most impressive categories is the medicines. You name it. Petro Carbo salve, sunblock, burn cream, cough medicines, lots and lots of supplements. They have a great weight management supplement pack. However, because I am so financially busted right now, I haven't been able to afford it. Can't wait to try it though. And lastly is the home care, laundry detergent, dish soap, cleaners, plant care, carpet care.

All of their products are highly concentrated so you use less than you use of the stuff you buy in the store. I'll tell you, this stuff is VERY impressive, I can't say that enough. You should try some of it.

Let me know if you'd like to. I'd love to share a catalog and some samples with you.

Anyway, that's it for now.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I did not post again last night, by the time the kids went to bed I was ready to go myself. I bought a novel at one of those yard sales last weekend and I'm very in to it right now. A very good book. So I started reading more of it last night and then before I knew it I was so tired and went straight to bed.
Crystal, I've never heard of Watkins. Is it only in texas? do you get a discount there? If the catalogs are free I would take one! email me at [email protected] and I'll send you my address.
Candy, dinner was good. I just ended up getting subway. But we all love it so it worked. Today I plan to go grocery shopping. In my new cookinglight magazine there is a recipe for macadamia nut pesto fettuccine that I am dying to try. So hopefully I can get all the ingrediants today and have that for dinner tonight. And the tan is coming along. Slow but steady. I'm getting burnt out doing it every night though. I am up to 12 minutes now though so maybe my base will deepen soon and I can cut back on how often I go. But I am definitely brown all over
Penny, how are you doing?
Cindy, WELCOME!!!! I am Spryng. Mother to 3 kids. Ava 4, Joseph 3, and Tanner 9 months old. I know it can be hard to make kid friendly meals while trying to make them healthy too. My kids aren't too picky so it isn't too hard for me. Plus at this age their tastes can really be influenced. So I try all kinds of new vegetables and recipes. I know they love meat so we have protein all the time. I only buy them sweets as rewards and treats instead of having them lying around the house constantly. But my motto is if it is good enough for me to eat then they can eat it too. So if I make a dinner they want to pick at they won't get anything else until they eat some of it (I don't require them to clean their plates) and it's been working great so far. But every few nights I'll make something I know they love (like mac and cheese) and I won't eat any of it. But you just have to try variety and see what works for your girls. Also if you let them help prepare the meals in some way they are more likely to want to eat it. Make mealtime fun I hope that helps some. I can't wait to get to know you better, feel free to post often!
CONGRATS GERI!!!!! That is a fantastic WI!!!!!! You must have been on cloud nine!!! You sure deserve it!! And no Dh wasn't in last weekend, I kept his cousins daughters this past weekend remember? No Dh around. So he will be in on friday.
Ginny, dog on the loose huh? Sounds scary. Those are big dogs. Hope today is uneventful in the school bus area. But I hope the rest of your day goes great!!
What is everyone having for dinner? I guess I need to get off of here and get dressed and out the door. So many things to do and so little time. I checked my order status on QVC and they recieved my check so only a matter of time before it gets sent out!!! I'm so excited!!! Oh, and anyone have some suggestions on a nice gift for my DH that won't break the bank?? I have no clue what to buy him. Something electronic maybe? TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #14  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Tony's in one arm so this may be a short post. Thanks for all the good wishes...after TOM last week I needed a big loss to not get discouraged! Did my 3 mile walk this morning then got on the balance ball for some upper and lower ab work but then Tony crawled on me so I couldn't do as much as I wanted too. At least they usually let me get the walk part done...that's why I do it almost every day.

Spryng, time flies! Could have sworn Dh was just in...too much alcohol in my youth I guess . What novel are you reading? I love to read but it makes me tired too. I know how you are waiting for your thigh thingy (btw I saw the infomercial last Sunday and I think I would fall off ). Still waiting for my sewing machine. It took 4 days for the money order to get there (I could have walked it to California faster and gotten alot of exercise ) so he didn't get it 'til Friday and didn't ship out the machine 'til Monday morning. I should have it by the end of the week.

Crystal... I can't believe that Candy and Spryng don't know Watkins! I thought everyone knew what that was! I have the cinnamon and vanilla and some black pepper...got as a gift... but they have a wonderful reputation. Sounds like you really enjoy the products. What's all included in the weight management pack? Glad your 16 mo decided to sleep. My 10 mo needed his nuk about 3 times last night then was wide awake at 5:30 this morning And I hope Dh gets over it quick Home schooling sounds like a really tough job....not for me though. I give you lots of credit.

Candy, that is exactly why I'm reluctant to work from home...it sounds all nice and everything, but by the time you actually have some time to work who the heck feels like it???? I want to plant flowers so bad, but it's way too early in my neck of the woods. I passed a garden center yesterday and had to pull on the steering wheel hard to make the car not turn into the parking lot I hope you find time to finish your gardening today so Dh stays off your back . Don't know what to say about the 3rd child thing...maybe he just doesn't want to take the blame if it doesn't work out like he thinks it would

Welcome Cindy. This is THE place to get motivated! I'm Geri mom to 2 boys Will and Tony who will be 3 and 1 respectively in May. I'm also one of, if not the oldest poster here at 40 yo...got a late start with marriage and kids but glad I waited because I have a terriffic hubby. Lost my job in Dec due to a company shut down ( I worked in an office as the supervisor of a Cash Management department) so for the time being I'm a SAHM! Come fall I'll start looking for a part time job to help us pay the bills and put money away for the kids college funds...and be able to have fun ourselves and continue to save for retirement (only 25+ years to go!).

Melinda, Ricci where are you??

Ginny hope the beasts behave! Did you get the nice weather yet?

Penny are you counting points yet?? I couldn't do the SB thing...love my carbs although I try to choose the good ones.

Gotta scoot...Tony's ready for bottle and a nap. Raining here today and back in the 40's so we'll be inside. Might even make it to the chat this afternoon.

TTYL and a big hi to anyone I missed
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:17 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Going to be hard to keep up with all the posts.......

Geri- WTG girl!!!!The 3.5# loss is wonderful, and I am so happy for you!!!!!! BTW, add me to the list, I have no idea what Watkins is, other than what I just read here. Our nice weather was yesterday- got 2 loads of laundry out on the line. Today it is cloudy and cool. Glad you got some laundry out too- it smells soooooo good.

Spryng- glad that your thigh machine will be with you soon...Do you shop much from QVC? I am good for a few things a year, I guess we have that in common, that shopping (or pretty decent shopping) is a distance away. Let us know when you get your shipment.

Crystal- ok, so now you know that I too know nothing about Watkins. You enjoy selling their products? Is it catalog only, or do you have home parties and the like also.

Welcome Cindy!!!!!!! I am glad that you joined us and I hope you find us good company.

Candy- oh, the end of the month woes.....SOunds like you have a busy day ontap- gardening, laundry and billing. Hope you can get a break in.

Penny- Duh on me!!! I did not realize you were on flex points also! Did you get your materials online?

Gotmy walk in this am, but I am so tired. Might go easy on myself tomorrow, when it will be raining anyway. Can't make it to WW this week- tomorrow elementary schools have a 1/2 day- and Thursday is my morning at the high school to see my 2 older kids......I am trying to be really good this week though, so that maybe I can break out of this plateau. Gee, I wanted to leave something else here, but I am so brain dead. Oh well. Hope to get back here later. Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny

Oh, I remember....the dog- well once I dropped the student off at her stop, the dog was loose and jumped all over her many times,knocking her down until she finally made it to the house. She told me that that dog had already killed another dog that she had......... Can't blame the kid for being terrified of it! What I do not understand is why the mother keeps the thing!!! It lives outside- chained up (obviously never goes in and the student has a younger sibling, about age 3) so this dog will be a problem to the family for a long time.
Is there something wrong with this picture????? Or am I just nuts? (don't answer that, Jackie!)