Support Groups - Time for Serious Fun #61

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #61

gma22
03-28-2004, 07:05 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #61

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
03-28-2004, 07:07 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is our poll this week:

When you pick a book to read how do you pick it, by the author, by recommendation, by reading the flap, by the title, and what do you usually like to read?

Later girlies!

Faye :)

Satine
03-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Girls...Hope you all are having a good weekend...

Remember when I was talking about going to Steak n Shake and blowing it, well I sure did, I had a double cheeseburger and cheese fries...I am here to tell you it was so good!!!!!!!! :lol: I did deserve a treat and I had it, no guilt, today is today....

Anyhoo, SIlly poll Sunday...I usually go off of the jacket of the book, I pull first off how the cover looks ( odd, never judge a book by its cover, ha ) and then read jacket, then I buy....I am usually a biography type of girl, I like to nib in on real peoples lives :)

Hope you all are doing well, check back tomorrow....

Mirabelly
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
GOod Sunday Morning beautifuls!

My performance went Great!! Some of the best dancing I've ever done....and alot of it was because I looked so good in my costume, and I KNEW IT! The whole night was such a huge ego trip for me!!! All my students who have been with me since I was 265( :eek: ) all told me how wonderful I looked and how happy I looked and how proud they were of me. I can't tell you all how amazing I felt. Plus the fact that all my new girls did awesome in their first performance! Plus the fact that on Wed. part of my costume was a good 2" from closing around my hips...and last night it closed!!!! (2" in 3 days........all while it's TOM for me.....WOOO HOOOO!) Needless to say, I had a 4 point day....danced my *** off, and had to drink tons of water. Didn't have time to eat much.

But enough about me.......MSCAT, I'm so proud of you for sticking up for your own mental health!! If a weightloss program is making you feel bad about yourself, then it's not worth using (even if you are successful!) Look at it this way, once you are at your goal weight you will still have to live your life in a normal way in order to maintain the loss. SO, you might as well make your normal HEALTHY way of life a habit now. When you're at your goal, you won't want anyone telling you what to eat, what vitamins to take, when to weigh yourself........you'll want to do it yourself. BUt the only way to do it easily is to get the good habits established NOW. I think you're on your way to some AMAZING progress!!! Good for you :cheer: :cheer:

Faye, don't worry......vacation will be here before you know it.

Well, it's 50 degrees and sunny out.......I gotta go make me some Vitamin D!

See ya...
Julie

cat90
03-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi Ladies,

I fell off the 'wagon' yesterday too but then again i always do on Saturdays :shrug: its my treat day :lol: i let myself have anything i want ;) this week it was Pizza and i'll be finishing the rest off today for lunch :) i'll be back OP tomorrow so its OK :D

Silly Poll, I don't read books of any kind :lol: have trouble looking at a magazine without my mind wandering :rofl: i just have no interest and have to really concentrate in total silence to take it in..i can read a page and not know what i've read unless i really focus on it :dizzy: so i don't bother.

Amanda Panda
03-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi Guys!

Just popping in to let you know that Nigel's mum, Mary, died yesterday.

We were with her a few hours before she died and Nigel had the chance to tell her how much he loved her, which was good.

I probably won't be around much over the next week for obvious reasons.

Thank you all so much for yourprayers and support.

Love Amanda xx

gma22
03-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Julie: I knew you would be beautiful and do a great job on your performance. CONGRATULATIONS! :hat: YOU GOT A :bravo: for points!

Cat: You are doing fine so I am glad you aren't sweating a little set back. They come and they go!

As for the poll, I am a voracious reader, probably 2-4 books a week when I have them so I pretty much do everything, read a jacket, some of my favorite authors I read anything they put out and I probably have 20 of them! I also read something someone suggests I should read, most of the time I am disappointed though. I like to read legal thriller, medical thrillers, very few romance though I do like Danielle Steele's stuff at least some of it, cop thrillers, murder mysteries, so you see there is a pattern here. I also like a good woman's comedic book. Olivia Goldsmith (First Wive's Club) is a total hoot. I have yet to read something of hers I didn't like. I could go on and on, but I noticed Cat falling asleep just having me talk about books so I better go! :lol3:

have a good night girls and see you in the morning!

mscat816
03-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Gr8 Sunday - I overslept and had to run to church without my a.m. workout but decided a little break won't hurt today since I have had 13 treadmill workouts straight! Dh and I worked on bathroom project and got another major step complete.

Poll - I just finished reading "The Making of Star Trek." I am a trekker. I have a huge collection of trek omnipedias which I am working through. I read inspirational self-help books, spy novels, bios and biblios about the Kennedy's, Prinicess Di (and all the Star Trek stars of course) and I love comic wit like David Sedaris.

Congratulations Julie on your show! Going to start bellydancing again at home - it is such a great workout. Thanks for your cudos on my decision. I feel so much better about everything.

Have a great Monday! MsCat

gigglez
03-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Morning there everyone!

Checking in real quick. First of all good for you MsCat! I agree with Juile. Healthy is the most important thing here and that means all around health. Julie, I am pround of you. I just bet that you looked totally hot.

Ok poll. Faye, this one is right up my alley. I too have favorite authors that I tend to read. Some of the include Sturart Woods, Iris Johanson, Janet Evonvich(sp), Lawerence Sanders, and Sue Grafton. When picking out books I read the cover and skim thru the book as well. THere are times that I read on suggestions of people and there are very few people out there whose suggestions that I will take. One of the women that works at our public library and her husband both read the same types of books that I love to read so they are wonderful for suggestions.

Have been really busy this weekend. The steriods that I have been on have casue havoic and I ate myself to death this weekend. I know that I only have 2 more days of medcine and then I will be back to normal. Time to get it back in gear.

Checking in real quick gotta run time to shower and get to work. Here's to a wonderful day

Hugs
sandy

gma22
03-29-2004, 05:59 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and it is our last March Madness week. Let's go out like a lion this week girls!

Weekends can be the pits. For all of us who did not do so well this weekend, let's try extra hard to work this week to improve!

SandyG; I like some of the same authors you do, Woods (who is an arogant jackass btw even though his books are good), Evanovich, who's books are really really funny, Sue Grafton. If you like Grafton and Evanovich, try Sara Peretsky, Edna Buchanan. Did you ever read Stuart Woods book, Under the Lake? Totally weird book!

I have to quit talking about books or I will never stop!

Later girls, I am going to go shower and do my chores so I can take Jack to work and go to the gym. I didn't go at all this weekend and ate junk all weekend too!

Mirabelly
03-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Morning Lovelies!

I saw my first robin of spring this morning! Now I'm getting psyched!! It's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny all week!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOO!

3 points for yesterday......low on the water. Workin' on that already this morning, though.

MSCAT-- A good friend of mine writes some of those Star Trek books....her name is Christie Golden and she writes alot of the Voyager and later series novels. She's also started publishing in the earlier series too. ANyway, WTG on the consistent treadmilling! You'll be seeing those pounds drop really soon. Make sure you take your measurements, too. It will keep you going when the scale makes you want to scream.

AMANDA--SO sorry to hear about your loss, but at least the tension is over and you can all grieve. Please come back when you're ready!

TTFN, ladies,
Julie

Satine
03-29-2004, 08:23 AM
I too had a nasty weekend this time....I kind of gave myself the weekend off, which was probably a big mistake, but now I will refocus and move on, I figured I have lost 28 pounds recently and can have a little reward :lol:
I dont know if that is how I should think but oh well...back on track today!!

Amanda - Sorry for your and Nigels loss - I will be thinking of you both...

Julie - I know it makes you feel so, so good when people notice that you have dropped some weight, great job on the 2 inches off!!!

My personal goal this week is to get 4 points Mon-Friday, and then let myself
( maybe ) off the hook for exercise on Sat and Sun... I think we can all do this, well I know you girls can, I am the one that is bad about exercise :)

Hope you all had a good weekend, I will check in later, I may have a snack attack this morning and may need the encouragement :D

Satine
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
So, so quiet today...

Be very, very quiet ...
we are all out hunting wabbits!!!

knobhdy
03-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Good day Ladies,
I wasn't around this weekend cause I wasnít around this weekend. I went North o see my family and do some skiing. I managed to have a 4 point day on saturday even if I was still doing the exercise part of it well into the late night. (the stars in the country are so pretty. You canít see them down here :D)

Sunday wasnít bad either. I got the minimum amount of both water and exercise (yes I went skiing, I also walked down the mountain (for 2 hours) carrying someone else's skis). I was very proud of myself for managing to eat well not only on the weekend (I usually blow my weekends bad!) but also at my momís house. She is chubby and likes to keep sweets around.

I discovered I can drink diet pepsi. (I canít stand regular pepsi) It was all my sister had that was even remotely decent for me, other then tap water. So I had like three this weekend. Too much sodium but at least they are calorie free.

Amanda - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there. I will be sending you and your family all my prayers.

Julie - Congrats on your show. I am sure you blew them out of the water.
I really am going back to class next week. My troupe is planning for two more shows this summer and next fall. I am planning on dancing in them. I hope to feel how you did, that I look and feel better then before.

The bad news is that usually Mondays in my weigh-in and those stubborn pounds are still there. I haven't lost an ounce. Discurrangment sets in. I did got to the gym already this morning though, and even though I feel like my legs are going to fall off, H is waiting to go walking with me when I get home from work. I just got to stick with it I know.

Happy monday all.
:wave:

knobhdy
03-29-2004, 12:23 PM
And lunch gets delayed again.
I am so hungry.
Thankfully the same things that are delaying my luncha re also keeping me from being able to snack. TG for small favors. And lunchtime.

Scuzin
03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Hello Ladies!
I'm back!
Spring break was very nice, got to hang out with some old friends and had fun. But Now I'm BACK IN ACTION!
Welcome to the Newcomers! (since I've not gotten a chance to say so yet)

mscat816
03-29-2004, 02:36 PM
I am truly psyched about being on my own and free from MWL. If I am going to spend money for assistance, give me mental and emotional support for what I am doing - Not crabbing about what I am not doing. That is a part of my parenting book - the importance of motivating and teaching children to do the right thing rather than punishing them for doing the wrong thing!

Mission this week:
Continue with my daily :tread: workouts and increasing to 1.5 miles a day, and maintaining 100 oz of water a day.

New Mission - Complete a Healthy Eating/Living Goal Poster (I am really into motivation)!

Scuzin - Welcom back!

knobhdy - Keep the faith - I know how you feel about stubborn pounds - I didn't lose a pound all last week but it doesn't matter - I know its got to show up somehow, someway, someday, soon!

Mirabelly - I will look to see if I have anything by your author friend - how exciting!

Amanda - Sorry to hear about your loss - may your loved one's peace be yours also.

Have a great Monday everyone! mscat

Scuzin
03-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Good Afternoon
What a workout! I did a ton of cardio and made it back to the weight room! I'm on the lowest setting for one of the arm machines...but its a start! My upper body is going to hate me tomorrow! But I'll feel so much better...as I once said (unfortunately a long time ago) sore = worked muscles = building new muscles = more fat burned = less time to a fabulous new me!
OFFICIAL NEW GOAL: be 184 by the end of the term (June 11th). 184 means I am both 1/2 way done and UNDER the obesity line

MSCat - I'm all about motivation right now too, I have a piece of paper taped to the top of my computer that says "Points Points Points!" As well as some pictures of people that remind me about my motivation and support

knobhdy - stick with it...they'll come off

Julie - very sorry to hear about the loss, you're all in my thoughts and prayers

Carri - I felt kinda bad because I took the WEEK off, but can't look back now. A little time to relax never hurts too much.

Ok! time to hit the showers! (I'm so hyper today! Must be the lack of sleep....) Have a great day!

gigglez
03-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Afternoon.

Susan WTG on the workout! I bet that before long you will be kicking butt.

Knobhdy, watch about skipping meals. I know that you probally already know this but missing meals is one of the worse things that you can do to yourself. Just keep in mind that your matobilism(sp) is like a fire and the more fuel that you give it the hotter it will burn.

Mscat, keep up with the wonderful works. You have most definetly got a great mindset going right now.

Cari, we all need a break every now and again. I know that a break makes me realize how important this is that I am doing. I am careful not to take too long of a break though cause there is that point of mo return and I really dont want to hit that.

Julie I hear spring fever calling your name. Get out there and enjoy the weather.

Faye, thanks for the new authors. I haven't read the Woods book but will defiently look for it the next time that I go to the library.

Gotta go and get something in the bellies of the natives here I can hear them calling. I guess that I am afraid that they might try to make sandystew ifin I don't get a move on.

Hugs
sandy

cat90
03-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Amanda, i'm so sorry to hear your news :( we will miss you and hope you return soon :)

I walked another 3mls this morning :tread: :D so far on pts and planning to keep it that way :)

gma22
03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Good evening to everyone! Hope everyone had a nice day. I lightly sprained my knee and ankle so I out of action with regard to treadmill work for probably the rest of the week. I can walk on it ok, but it is sore so I am not going to stress it more and end up a real mess for vacation. I am going to try and do some lifting with home objects or get on my glider and see how that goes.

Julie :cp:
Knobhdy :bravo: :dancer:

I want to amend our Mission just a little. I have noticed that most of you ladies, unlike what is the norm for most, seem to be getting the hang of the exercising part but the food issues seem to be the hang up. I want us to work on food issues this week. Really delve into why you are picking up something when you are not hungry. I saw Bob Greene on Oprah today and he says that the little grazing feeling is your body telling you it wants to eat and that unlike what most programs say, you should NOT give into it. He says it will be uncomfortable for awhile until you get your body adjusted to not being allowed to do that. Most of us have a time of day we tend to want to snack a lot, so let's watch the danger signs everyday and hang tough!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

DO YOU JUST HAVE A DESIRE TO LOSE WEIGHT OR DO YOU HAVE THE DESIRE TO COMMIT TO DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Have a great evening ladies!

gigglez
03-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Haven't thought about it that way Faye. I think that is an interesting thought though I will have to try it out and see how it works. Just might be able to do it. Hope that you knee and ankle gets to feeling better soon. Went to the doctor today and thanks to those steriods I have gained a few lbs back. I am hopeful to get those off soon. I did findout that they do let you retain water so I am going to try to get rid of that soon.
Time for bed. Catch everyone tomorrow

sandy

Mirabelly
03-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Good Morning ladies!

3 points again yesterday.......the water thing is getting me everytime. I think it's because my water bottles are getting old and everytime I fill up I can taste the plastic. I know they make special ones to avoid that, so maybe I'll go get one today.

My body is plenty stiff from all the dancing and walking the past few days, so I'm going to take it easy today and just do some light yoga. I also have to do some choreography for the show, so that should be enough.

Faye, sorry to hear about your knee/ankle......remember Ice & heat, heat & ice. Don't quit going to the gym, though, you could use this as an excuse to try the upper body weight machines. Or, if you're already doing that, do it a little longer. You're building such a great routine of going everyday, it would be a shame to break the habit now. Maybe you could swim? Hmmm, won't be long before your pool opens, right? I remember you talking about your 1 hour sessions in the pouring rain! :lol3:

Anyway, welcome back Suzan.......glad you had a good break.

Everyone seems really motivated! I can't tell you how much that helps me....we must be contagious!! :rofl:

Well, I better get goin' ........check ya' later,
Julie

gma22
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target today is food choices. We have to make food choices a zillion times a day for ourselves and our families, but just how good a job do we do? Let's watch ourselves this week and see how many times we eat those veggies and fruits, portion our proteins and carbs, avoid that sugar. Our food choices can tell us exactly where our weight loss problems can be so if you are not losing, watch and see what you are putting into your mouth that is "legal" NOT cheating and see if maybe they could be better choices!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you would walk to the ends of the earth to save your spouse, loved one or child, why can't you walk a mile to save your own life?

later ladies

jloo1957
03-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Good morning everyone...I have been away keeping my grandbaby for my daughter..along with keeping some appointments yesterday...I have been doing well though with the exercise and program and drinking my water...trying to get packed and ready to leave for our vacation...I have so much to do this week ...we have school functions this week ,dentist appointments...eeekkkkk...I am so ready to go...we leave Saturday..trying to talk my hubby into leaving early so we can stop in Tulluah Falls,and maybe camp out for the night...that would be half way and we could split the trip up and have some extra fun...he likes to drive at night,but it don't really matter to me....anyway I am so looking forward to leaving even though I know it is going to fly by...well,I am off to get some things done...take care and I will check in later....I need to ferocious focus,and get it done....love and hugs...joy :)

gigglez
03-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Morning!

Yesterday totally went way beyond awful for me. But I will chalk it up to the past and put it there.

Julie, I didn't know that they made water bottles that would keep the taste away, please let me know where you find one at as I would just love to get myself one. Good for you on the yoga. I have a tape that has yoga and piliates mixed on it and I must confess that it is a little hard for me to understand it all. I am slowly doing this tape and see what becomes of it. I guess that I am more of the you gotta move and groove school.

Leg problems are starting to come back and this starts after I went to the doctor yesterday. I can feel the dang place swelling. I think that today I am going to go way overboard on the water and see how it reacts to that. I think that I am going to go and rest for a little while as I am still exhausted from the lack of hormones. One week and then I can start them back. I can now appericate how hard it was for women without these medical wonders. Never would have thought that the lack of a hormone would exhaust anyone but now I can see what these puppies actually do for us.

Everyone have a great day.

Hugs
sandy

Satine
03-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Well I actually had a 4 pointer yesterday !!!! I know most of you girls do not have a problem getting the exercise in but I do, and I am really trying to work on it...did my WATP dvd last night since dh did not want to walk outside, I am challenging myself to exercise M-F, just to see if I can do it....

Faye - sorry to hear you are hurting...I would agree with Julie, go and get some form of exercise anyway, if they do have a pool that would be great for you, not hard on the body...

Sandy - Sorry also to hear you are hurting, take care of yourself!! Hope it gets better :)

Julie - Do you have a Costco around you? It is like a Sams Club? They sell 36 bottles of water for like $4.50 and that is cheap enough for me to just throw the bottles out, I try using bottles over again and I always end up with the plastic taste....

Susan - WTG to being back on track, as you read I had a bad weekend with the food splurges but as happy to be back myself...good job

Joy, Amanda, Cat, MSCat, Knobhdy, and everyone else, have a good one...
talk to you all later.... :wave:

Scuzin
03-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Good Morning
4 Points for me!
wooooo I was right. My arms are quite stiff today but that's a good thing!
Its the second day of class so I'm get to meet some new professors and have a pretty light load for the rest of the week.

Faye - hope you feel better

Have a good day everyone

gigglez
03-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Susan hope that everythings goes well when you meet your new professors. Ah to be back in college again.....would love to be able to do that.

Carri keep it up you can exercise everyday this week I know that you can. I agree that it is hard to get in the time to exercise but it is well worth it. So far this morning I have gotten in some of a ab workout and when I come home this evening I am going to try to use the stairclimber legs premiting. We have to be like the little engine that could and keep saying to ourselves I think I can I think I can and soon we will!

Gotta run time to head off to work. Oh what fun and joy to be had today.

sandy

Satine
03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Sandy, thanks for the encouragement....

Okay I am going to level with you girls on the exercise part of the puzzle. I dont so mind exercising as I do washing my hair daily. I have extremely dry hair and scalp and my dermatologist has advised me not to wash my hair daily, as really I do not need to, I just get in the shower with a cap on, but anyway, when I exercise I tend to sweat and I think it makes my hair stink, so I have to wash it, thus making my scalp and hair condition worse...I have really long hair ( right above my butt ) and it is hard to wash anyway...so that is my dilema...I suppose I should just work out with my hair up and still just wash it every 3 days and let it stink, it couldnt smell that bad :lol:

Do any of you have this problem? Faye I know your hair is short and probably no problem to wash.....anyone?

cat90
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM

A 4pt day for me yesterday :cp: and on track for another one today :cb:

Faye, sorry to hear about your injury :( i was shopping today and its blowing a gale out and when i got back in the car i had one leg in and was just lifting my other one in (the delicate foot one :rolleyes: ) when a gust of wind slammed the door shut :bomb: right on my ankle..boy, did that hurt but thankfully its alright now.

Bought myself a nice piece of fresh cod for dinner so i'm having fish and chips :T will either bake some in the oven or be lazy and have McCains :lol:

Carri, my hair is about 4" from my waist and i don't have that problem :dunno: i always wear it up tho' because it gets on my nerves :stress:

gigglez
03-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Carri, sorry but my hair is about shoulder length and I don't have that problem. Use to have oily hair til the hyst now it is on the dry side. I get by with everyother day.

Eating suck totally today. Last day of steriods good for me. I just hope that they dont stay in my system too long.

night all

gma22
03-31-2004, 06:01 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Anyone have a problem we can help with or just a good old gripe?

Good morning ladies. Sorry I didn't get back in here last night.

My gripe is I am going nuts waiting to leave and so I am doing big time boredom eating. I stayed home all day yesterday and ate and ate and ate and not anything that made me feel better either. So with that being said, I am going out to the gym this morning for a little while and go to the library and probably get my nails done today instead of tomorrow.

As to the hair issue, No I actually have marvelous hair and scalp and as long as I get a really good haircut I have no problems. In fact, I have never had long hair so I am not able to help at all except I would put it up when I exercised to get it off your neck, which is where I sweat the most. What about just using plain old cool water when you come home to wash out the sweat but you aren't adding shampoo so it shouldn't dry it out?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Even when you are alone, your conscience is with you. Listen to it.

Later ladies.

gigglez
03-31-2004, 06:23 AM
Morning!

Faye, I hope that today goes lots better for you. I hate eating out of boredom, which we all have been know to do from time to time. Work use to be the worse place for me to do that.

My gripe. Steriods! I am thankful that my doctor listened to me and when this infection in my leg spread to the other one and prescriped me something else over the phone. However, I didn't know how bad steriods were on the body til now. I have eaten more in the past week then I have in quit some time and talk water retaining water. I have now finished with all of the course of them and an hopeful that my body goes back to where it was at. Ok I am going to shut up now so I wont get on a soap box.

Faye, enjoy your day today. Nails, I want to get them so badly but I have to wait til I get to 170. Something to look forward to.

Time for work. Here's to a great day!

sandy

Mirabelly
03-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Morning lovelies........

My woe today is yesterday.......it BLEW hard!! I got NO points......none. Never even did any yoga. It was one of those days where I just sat in front of the computer surfing from site to site, bored out of my mind!!!!! I seem to be having some kind of midlife "the kids are in school, now what the **** am I going to do with my life" crisis. All I can think about is how I had so many dreams, I put them all away when I had my kids, and now they're all clamoring for attention again. I've been told this is all perfectly normal and not to overreact. So, I'm trying to pick one dream, one goal and work towards it now......before it's too late. Somehow being a housewife just isn't as fulfilling as the brochure made it out to be :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who totally caves to boredom. I did try to keep a handle on the eating....ate too much, but not TOO much (and not anything really BAD). I think if I had just gotten up and taken my morning walk like usual, yesterday would have been fine. I messed up my routine and it threw my whole day. So, today I did get up and my exercise is done. Just have to get that water in. Those water bottles have a special name that starts with an "N" Napthene? Or something like that.

I hope today is better for all of us! Spring keeps teasing us here, a warm sunny day, then days of cold and grey........ah well, today is the last day of "March Hill". In the north, March is viewed as this last big hill of winter. YOu gotta climb it to get to "real" spring on the other side. It bites, but you gotta do it.

Hey, Faye.....you need a project.....a short one, just enough to get you through till you leave. Don't you like to make scrapbooks? Why don't you make a nice, but empty, album for your son to put the wedding pictures in? Or go to the park to read.....just get out of the house! There's no cure for boredom eating other than just putting your mind to something else.

Alright, I've rambled on enough. Everyone have a great day today.........

Julie

Satine
03-31-2004, 08:10 AM
Morning -
3 points for me yesterday, did get any exercise in, didnt feel so well...although the exercise might have made it better, plus it rained all day and was gloomy, took all I had not to eat away the gloominess :lol:

Thank for the suggestions on the hair, I guess I will just put it up on top of my hair, because like one of you said I sweat mainly on the back of the neck, and then not worry about it, wash it when I need to...

Oddly enough I really do not have a Weds woe, which is odd because I can always find something to complain about, ask my dh !!! :lol:

Well it looks like yet another rainy day here today...at least it is fairly warm, isnt April the rainy month?

All of you have a great day, and work that program!!!

gma22
03-31-2004, 09:10 AM
Girls, I listened to the thought of the day and got my butt out of bed, did my chores, took Jack to work, went to the gym and did a workout (my knee and ankle are lots better) and have taken my vitamin, citrucel, and started on my water so I am up and running.

Julie: I didn't eat anything bad, because I didn't have anything bad in the house, but I still just munched on all kinds of stuff instead of keeping to plan. I had a book and read it completely cover to cover yesterday morning and was done with it my 9 am! That is what caused the trouble. Oh, btw my dd and I (before all this wedding mess with her) bought a beautiful yellow scrapbook with matching colored paper to do a wedding scrapbook for my dil and son as a gift to her for her birthday. Now I just hope she will help with it after I come back and get the pictures printed off. Thanks for the great ideas!

Anyway, I am going to go and get things done today and keep myself busy including a trip to the library for some paperbacks to read on the plane and in the airport while we wait and to keep me occupied at home. Thank goodness I love to read! :lol:

**INFO REGARDING MY TRIP: Jack is taking the laptop so I should be able to post everyday to keep us up and running. I will send pics too so you can see I am getting my exercise in and even with yesterday can still wear my new dress! :lol: **

knobhdy
03-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey ladies,
I am so proud of myself. :smug: (yeah, I have been staying OP and drinking all my water and doing my exercise :cp: But..) Not only did I refrain from drinking the soda that the Boys bought yesterday (I did have two small glasses of diet Pepsi) but at the end of the night I made D take the extra soda home with him. Now it wonít be sitting in my fridge tempting me and the BF.
On the other hand, when I arrived at Hís house for our afternoon walk yesterday I was practically in tears. :cry: One of my friends, who is like seriously into fitness, has a training book which asks you for your mood before each workout (he runs marathons) and if he fills in the frowny face :( too often his coach makes him reevaluate his training program. I am not sure what about my exercise program is making me so unhappy. But I am not going to the gym today. Purposefully. This afternoon I am going to walk up to the bike shop to give another shop at that break thing.
I may give my Belly Twins DVD a go as well just to get in some stretching and extra cardio.

My Wednesday Woe: Its raining. And it is supposed to for the rest of the week. Why is everything conspiring to keep me off my bike?

I hope everyone else has a great day.
:wave:

Scuzin
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Hello
4 points for yesterday
Woe: sore muscles! I did legs yesterday and even though I did arms on monday they are still very stiff...I'm doing them again today and will just have to work through it. Also its not sunny here like the report said it was supposed to be! But its still early, maybe it will burn off.

Question: I know you are supposed to have an off day between weight training workouts...but is it ok to do it everyday if you concentrate on different areas ie upper body one day, legs the next? Because that's what I was planning on. I've been doing some good cardio and then heading down to the weight room everyday. Should that be ok?

Julie - I believe Nalgene bottles are what you are thinking of. I don't have one, but about 90% of the campus does...its apparently a "thing" for college students

cat90
03-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Ladies,

I decided on the Crinkle cut chips last night could'nt be bothered to peel spuds :lol: and stayed with a measly 100g portion with 4ozs of fresh cod and peas :T it was delicious and i will be having that again. Got another 4pt day yesterday :cb: i'm on a roll ;)

Susan, you'll be fine doing the alternate upper and lower body workouts :D

Satine
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Knobhdy ( or Julie ) - I have heard quite a bit about that dvd belly dancing by these twins, is it a good cardio workout? If so what is the name of the one that you like?

Cat - great job on staying OP !!! :cp:

Hey, what is this Nalgene bottle?? :shrug:

Faye - Dont worry you will be leaving soon enough, ha ha :flow1:

Just checking in after lunch to see what everyone is up to.... :dancer:

Later ...

knobhdy
03-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey Carri,
I am not sure that I would recommend any of the belly twins stuff for cardio. I mean if it is all you will do that day. I have basic movies, arms and abs, thighs and butts, and something else. (all titles are approximate)

In each of these tapes the actual exercise part last less then 20 minuets, sometimes as short as 15, not including a warm up and cool down. The moves themselves are fun and more or less accurate to what I learned from my RL teacher.

All of the tapes I have are good for a stretch and to get me moving but while some of my bits feel like they have gotten a workout afterwards, it isnít a all over thing, and I often feel like I need to do a tape twice to get the full benefits.

On the other hand the retunes are fun and they build and layer moves which is always good for a dancer to know. They also encourage you to practice isolation.

I would recommend borrowing a copy from a friend or the video rental store before you buy, to see if you like it.

Also a Nalgene bottle is a hard plastic water bottle. They are see-through (and often tinted weird colors. Would you believe I had to hunt down a sea-foam one that a kid had left in the lunch room?) And very expensive. You can get them at REI or places like that.

cat90
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
:thanks: Carri :) i've just walked/jogged 3mls and feel great :cb: got to decide what to eat now :chin: then its off to the mall i go :D

gma22
03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri :cp:
Knobhdy :bravo:
Susan :bravo:
Cat :bravo:

Everyone is doing terrific!

I got one of these water bottles for my birthday and I heard they were the rage but I HATE it. It has no spout, no opening for a straw. You have to unscrew the cap and drink, which is stupid if you are doing any kind of movements you will be soaked. It IS in a pretty color of pink, but it sits in my cabinet because it is useless to me.

Well, I ran all over town doing errands so I didn't have time to sit and eat all day. I got some books also, so will be kept busy between that and packing the rest of our stuff for the trip.

I got this great color nail polish that goes perfect with my dress so I will be hot hot hot! :lol: Well, at least to Jack.

You guys have a great evening and I will talk to you later.

Love, D

cat90
03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Having a great day here :) just been to Wally's World and treated myself to a new keyboard as my old one had a few sticky keys and i was sick of hitting it :rollpin: hard :lol:

Faye, how many times have you been to Vegas? your excitement is coming through my computer screen :lol3: I love that place too and i might go in May for my 50th birthday ;) i think that will be trip No 6 or is it 7 :chin: :lol:

gigglez
03-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Evening.

Seems like everyone is doing so well. Juile, hang in there it will get better at some point in time.

I've got another woe. My leg is almost to the point where it was almost a week ago. Yuck! Cant handle this much longer. Going to go and get some rest get off of the leg.
sandy

mscat816
03-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi All - It's such a great day - not much to complain about it except dh and I are not getting anything done on the bathroom during the week :(

Otherwise - I am having a great day - had a 4-pointer yesterday and at 9:45 p.m. I am on my way to another one. Working out on TM after work instead of stressing out trying to get it in the a.m. Haven't been on the scale but I am ok with it. Can't wait to take my measurements at the end of the week! I feel great, and I was able to button my jacket! :D

Faye - do you wear a brace on your knee or ankle? I have a bum knee and I would never be able to treadmill without mine.

Congrats to everyone for your successes!

mscat

Scuzin
04-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Good Evening All
I'm really not sure if I'm going to have all 4 points today or not. I'm in the process of reevaluating my eating...I'm thinking of allowing more because I'm exercising more, but I'm not sure what's officially OP and what isn't

I thought I would share some pictures with you, I would show more but my computer is freaking out...maybe later...this one is from Sunday night when a group of us decided to drive the hour and half to Portland and hung out down town VERY late. I'm from a town closer to Portland than I live now so we showed some friends the old neighborhood.

gma22
04-01-2004, 04:43 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be good to YOU today and do something nice for yourself!

Susan: You are just so adorable. Can't say as much for the guys though! :lol: Thanks for sharing a pic of yourself.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Whenever you slough off on your water thinking it doesn't really matter, remember this: it takes 3 weeks to die from not having any food, but only three days to die from no water. It is important for a reason.

later girlies

Mirabelly
04-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Good Morning beautifuls!

Well, 3 points for yesterday......I did get myself out of the house for most of the day, which helped my mood alot. But I didn't get in enough water. My normal water bottles used to be just fine, but now I'm getting the plastic taste. So, maybe the bottles are just old and need to be replaced. They're the 88 cent jobbies at Walmart.....not a huge investment.

DH got up super early today so he could "wet a hook" on the first day of fishing season. Of course, he's gonna have to hunt for a pond that has open water on it....most are still iced over......but it's a tradition. It's good luck for the rest of the season if you fish on the first day (last year I think it was snowing!) Anyway, so I ended up sleeping in. Gonna have to do my workout later. I need to clean out the garage again and move all my equipment back out there. I'm tired of it being in the living room, and it's warm enough now that the heater works in the garage (the fuel line was frozen to the heater most of the winter)

Susan, you are SO CUTE!!!! I'm glad you're figuring out how to take care of yourself now.....it's so much easier to do when your young. (Ok, that was me....channeling my mother!!)

Whoever asked about the belly dance tapes......they won't give you much of a cardio workout. They''re more a "mind/body" thing. When you are learning belly dance, you end up concentrating on one or two moves alot and the rest of your body doesn't do much. But once you have a few weeks under your hipbelt, then you get more of a workout all over. Still, it's not ever going to be a "blood sweat and tears" kind of workout. It's not supposed to be. Unless you're in one of my advanced classes......I make us "shimmy till we see God!" The twins aren't gonna do that for you. There are a couple of videos from Rania that are generally available called "cardio shimmy" and "pure sweat". I haven't seen them, but they might be a better workout than the twins. There is a great website with lots of video reviews. Go to www.shira.net for anything you want to know about bellydance. Personally, I say go to a class! The best part of this dance is all the girlfriends you get to hang out with every week. Kinda like here.

Well, gotta fly........dd is whining that I didn't finish her new bell bottom jeans, so I gotta go sew a hem or two.

Later babes,
Julie

Satine
04-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Yesterday was a 4 pointer for me :dance: I did my WATP dvd, I really do love those things, goes by so fast ... Funny thing, my dh has lost over 30 pounds doing Atkins ( how he stays on that I will never know ) and I have lost about 28, we were laughing the other day because now we can hug so much closer, before we both lost this weight our bellies were in the way and it was a struggle :lol: It is funny what just that amount of weight gone can do for you ( and your marriage, wink wink ;)

Julie - I was the one asking about the belly dancing tapes, I was just looking for some variety from my WATP and thought that might be a good cardio, but it doesnt sound like it so I will move on ... thanks for the info :twirly:

Knobhdy - Thank you too for the info on the bellydancing ...

Susan - You looked very cute in the picture ... keep up the good work :goodvibes

Sandy - I hope your leg gets feeling better, hon :)

Faye - Have we heard from Pam at all ??? :shrug:

Cat, Amanda, Joy, and everyone ... talk to you gals later... :balloons:

gma22
04-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Carri: I talked to Pam about 2 weeks ago. She and Jane have moved to another house (long personal icky story) and are updating it now. They are working at making their E-bay business work out full time for them. I don't think she is working her program anymore though you know me, I try and encourage her all I can. It is up to her to do. I don't know that she will be coming back and that saddens me a great deal. She was a great asset here and I know we could get her up and going again. She was doing better than any of us at one time.

Julie: I am glad Jack is not an outdoorsman. I couldn't take all that fishing, hunting, icky stuff. I detest camping including rv or camper camping and so we basically do the "hotel" vacation type stuff.

ONE MORE DAY GIRLS! I have never been so anxious for a trip in my whole life. Truth be known, this is our first honest to goodness, take a week and go somewhere and visit a tourist attraction kind of vacation in the 31 years we have been married. We never had a honeymoon as Jack was in the Navy and couldn't go anywhere ( we left the morning after the ceremony and headed back to Va Beach) and couldn't ever afford a vacation when the kids were still at home, which makes me really sad. Keep your fingers crossed that I will hit a slot jackpot and become independently wealthy and then we can travel all the time! :lol:

I have practically everything packed, arranged, etc so that going through the check in process shouldn't be too bad. Man, it is hard to make sure you are not taking anything on board that can be construed dangerous. I packed all haircare, sun, nail polish etc products in the bags that are checked so that they wouldn't throw them out. I only have wimpy cotton balls, deodorant etc in my hygiene carryon bag now. My handbag is one of those cute canvas "vacation" looking bags and it weighs a ton with my books, cds and cd player besides my purse stuff in it. Funny story about that, every holiday the family gets together we play a game called, "does Faye have it in her purse?" Everybody tries to trip me about stuff that I carry in my purse. Like someone will ask, "do you have a screwdriver?" (actually, I do, it is on a little all in one knife thingy. :lol: ) Anyway, I have left so much stuff back here at home so it won't get confiscated we can't play the game while we are in Vegas.

Have a good day girls. I am going downstairs and fold laundry and read for awhile.

Scuzin
04-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Good Morning
I completely forgot about water last night! So no points for that at least. I usually don't have any trouble but it just slipped my mind.

Faye - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic vacation. I've never been to Vagas but its on my list.

Glad you liked the picture :) It turned out pretty well.

cat90
04-01-2004, 01:00 PM

Another 4pt day for me :cb: i'm well and truly "into" this now :chin: sometimes it takes a while for the penny to drop :lol: it always seems to click in Spring :dunno:

Susan, which one is you :?: :joker: you don't look the least bit overweight to me :eek: are you sure that you weigh that much?? ;) Nice Pic!

Faye, When i went to England last month i inadvertantly threw my manicure set into my carry on luggage at the last minute :crazy: just was'nt thinking that that would be considered a weapon :lol: and it was confiscated at the airport :( they would'nt even put it somewhere for me to collect on my return, miserable devils..my BIL told me that he knows someone that works at the airport and that there are thousands of them (nail scissors etc) thrown into dumpsters. Don't go overboard with the carry on bag because it has'nt to weigh more than 11lbs :yikes: anymore and they'll make you check it in. Off to treadmill, BBL

Satine
04-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Afternoon All - Just checking in :lol:

I am sort of worried about not being down anything this week, ya know I sort of blew last weekend, here and there, and I think I have just been working this week to get back down to 205 or just stayed there, so we will see, I guess only tomorrows morning weigh will tell :(

Faye - I am so jealous of you and know that you will have a great, great time...I hope you do win some, just some ;)

Cat - that was funny :lol: asking which one was Susan, at first I thought you were serious , JK

Hope all of you are having a great day, it is real sunny here but still cold, brrrrrrrrrr

Later ... :cool:

gma22
04-01-2004, 01:52 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

julie :cp:
susan :cp:
ms cat (from yesterday) :bravo:
carri :bravo:
cat :bravo:

Cat: thanks for the info. My carryon has very little in it and is pretty small, about the size of a handbag maybe. I took everything pretty much out of it and put it in the checked bags! I am not about to pay good money to have someone throw something out so I have been really scouring through everything. I put my razor (one of those new ones with the soap attached) in Jack's shaving kit and it is being put in his checked clothes bag. The darn thing cost like $9 so I don't want it tossed! :lol:

I had to do something kind of creepy. I kept forgetting about it and so today thought about it and came up here and typed a letter to the kids that goes with our wills in which I tell them who to contact about our life insurance policies, how to stop Jack's Navy retirement, etc then included a note from us to them and that made me boohoo! Now I am all melancholy, which is dumb. I just don't want my kids to have any problems getting money to bury us and not have to go through a lot of probate crap when we don't have a lot. I think in this day and age it is fool hardy to say nothing can happen to you so I wanna make sure it is all prepared.

Well, girlies, I need to go.

cat90
04-01-2004, 02:52 PM
:lol: Faye, I wrote my will and gave it my daughter last year :lol: cos i don't want her and my son to be messed around either, i did'nt think to enclose a "goodbye" note as well! :lol: she laughed and said "Nothings going to happen to you" :lol3: so far she is right :devil: How long is your flight Faye? its only 2.5hrs to Vegas from here but i've driven it 3 times :cb:

I've just finished my 3ml walk :strong: i'm going to make lunch now :wave:

gma22
04-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Cat: The flight is 3 1/2 hours give or take a few minutes. I hear leaving Vegas is a nightmare and you need to be at the airport at least 3.5 to 4 hours ahead of time because of the horrendous lines. My dd said they stood in line at McCarran to go through the checkpoint for all most 2 hours! I am not looking forward to stuffing my big old bod into those tiny seats for that long, but I will survive it. I survived it when I weighed more than 400 lbs and it has to be better than that!

I was just checking one more time to see if I needed to do anything. I have some work to do tonight so see you in the morning.

gma22
04-02-2004, 06:27 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #62