Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default questions about myoplex lite

We're going over the recipes and meal plans from Eating for Life and Body for Life. Several of the shake recipes call for Myoplex Lite. I've found a great place to buy it (thanks to MrsJim's previous posts about vitaglo) but am curious about the flavors. What's the difference between Chocolate Cream and Chololate Lovers? Is the Tropical like tropical punch? Is the Cappucino Ice any good?

Also, I take a daily multi-vitamin, plus a variety of other nutritional supplements recommended by my cardiologist (b6, e, fish oil, folic acid, co q10, etc) If I'm taking all of those, is there really any benefit to using the mypolex lite, as opposed to a straight protein powder in the shake recipes?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

I can answer some of your questions...

The chocolate lovers and the tropical are both variety packs. I've not used the chocolate lovers, but I'm guessing there would be flavors like choc mint, choc caramel, choc fudge... With the tropical, which I have had, and don't care for, there are flavors like orange crush, pinacolada, peach, banana cream, and one other.

The 42 serving variety pack has choc. cream, strawberry cream and vanilla cream. This is what I usually buy - it's the best value from vitaglo.

I absolutely LOVE the cappuccino ice and have it for breakfast
every day. It does have 120mg of caffeine in it.

Not sure about the vitamin thing - I still take a vitamin in addition to two Myo Lites a day.

I use the Myo Lites mainly because I like them and because of the convenience - I'm always having my shakes at work, and I prefer an envelope to having a container with a scoop. Plus, with a protein powder shake, you need to add some carbs to it to make a complete meal - so fruit or something to go with.
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:59 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey Suzanne!

Myoplex Lite isn't really a protein powder per se - it's a meal replacement powder - with carbs and protein. When I buy it, I do what Cindy does and buy the 42 serving neapolitan variety pack as it is the best deal.

It also has a different viscosity than most dedicated protein powders - it's thickerer I've read on other message boards that the recipes in EFL that specifically call for Myo Lite don't really work as well with, say, Myoplex Regular or other brands. My favorite Myo Lite recipe is to use less water and add a couple of spoonfuls of FF/SF instant pudding mix, blend the crap out of it (I prefer my Braun hand blender for that - less mess, great to have around at work too!) and stick it in the freezer for a half-hour.

The Cap Ice, to me, tastes a bit like a Starbucks Frappuchino. I've added Butterscotch FF/SF pudding mix to it in the past...nice and thick...
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote