Support Groups - CCRRMM Easter Sprint, All Queens Please Get On Board NOW! Time's Awastin'! Huzzah!

Amarantha2
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Ok, :queen: s, the name for this challenge comes from Noble :queen: Anagramatic, who says she's ready for an Easter sprint and so the pushy Amarantha dinna want to wait for a consensus so here it IS!!!

Folkettes, hast thou noticed those chocolate cream Easter eggs in the stores? Hast thou noticed the Easter JellyBelly collections? Dost thou realize that the Hippy Hoppy Easter Bunny be coming our way in but a few weeks, as Anagramatic hath reminded us, it's April 11!!!!!!

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS CRISIS, QUEENS? :dunno: Are we gonna let the :devil: Candy Marketing Industry dictate the size of our little pink Easter outfits beneath our Easter bonnets with all the frills upon its!!? :doh:

I SAY, 'NO WE AREN'T!!!'

Was I shouting? How rude? :drill:

Ok, we need to get on board the Hippy Hoppy Easter Train and focus on why we all came to 3FC in the first place (at least I think we all came in the first place to focus on weight!!! :s: ) ... I'm proposing we hop aboard this challenge train and declare WHAT WEIGHT WE ARE GONNA BE AT ON EASTER MORNING!!!!! That could include just maintaining a weight we're already at, so no one has to worry about losing ... just kinda cooling it and hocus pocus focusfocusing!!! :wizard:

The Easter Towel Boys have agreed to coordinate the challenge. They're proposing that this just be a weight posting thread with limited conversation and everyone just posting a weight, a goal, reporting in a few times and reporting an Easter weight. No one should feel obligated to cheer anyone on as virtue beith its own reward. No one should stop posting on the food/exercise threads or the discussion thread!!! Winners should go out and buy something fab for themselves as, frankly, there's no funding for prizes from the palace management. Winners will have gained a MORAL VICTORY! Now that's exciting, right?

Right! Let's get to it!!! :drill: NO SLACKERS!!!!! :p

Amarantha2
03-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok, Easter Towel Boys! I will take thy Hippy Hoppy Challenge! My Easter Weight Goal is 146!!! I pledge to report in on weigh-ins to let thy know how I'm doing!!! I pledge to hocuspocusfocusfocus!!!! I pledge to go buy a little pink Easter outfit! I pledge to be brief! Ok, bye!

Kaylets
03-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Hello all!

This is an excellent idea since it is beginning to become very, very crazed in the stores.... all the stores seem to be dripping w/ "Easter gifts, Easter treats."

So, yes, send on over a towel boy... in fact, send on over two please...
I'd like one to fold the towel and the other to unfold the towel.

Here we go.... Since I "unofficially" weigh 163 ( at home weight) the past 3 days....I 'd be very impressed if I weighed 160 on April 11.

Thanks Empress! This will be outstanding not to feel so
"Fifth wheel" with peeps and solid and hollow bunnies and etc and etc.
Goodness gracious... hope Memorial Day doesnt turn into another CandyDay...

So .... just have the towels boy arrive in the am please... :lol:

deleted2
03-27-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm getting a visual of our towel boys with bunny ears and fluffy cotton tails! :lol:

Okay, I'm in. I'm so ready for some new inspiration---in honor of this, I'll purchase something pink for my wardrobe--it'll add a slosh of color to all the black and grey!

My Easter dream is to reach 132 pounds. :flow1: :goodvibes :goodvibes :flow1: :goodvibes

Amarantha2
03-28-2004, 11:42 AM
New weight thanks to Hippy Hoppy Motivational Bunny:

148!!!!

:encore:

Arabella
03-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Hopping on!

I don't want to even speak the current numbers, but I'm going to aim for a 4 pound loss, which will get me 2 below my sig. number. WI is the day after Easter. Not sure, actually, if there is a WI. I may end up having to weigh at home, but ... I will! Let's go!

Amarantha2
03-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Yo!!! Let's go, indeed. Thanks :queen: s!!! The Easter Bunny Towel Boys are stoked!!!

Arabella, I'm pmg thee!!! :s:

ceara
03-29-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm in, Flynn! Aimin' for 5 pounds. But would like 20 of course....why do things small!

Cute visuals on the TB's.

Ceara

Amarantha2
03-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Yo!!! Pmging thee Ceara ... welcome aboard!!! :)

Amarantha2
03-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Have also pmd (as they knowst) Eydie, Kaylets and Anagramatic and as they knowest, I'm pledging to be BRIEF on this thread so am pmg all the :cheer: s I'm mentally sending out to us all!!! Sis boom bah!!!

Amarantha2
03-29-2004, 09:08 PM
[b]Thankee, Anagramatic!!!! :wave:

The word on the main thread is that KAYLETS HATH LOST TWO POUNDS (yowza) :cheer: and WILDFIRE HATH PURCHASED A SWIMSUIT IN A SMALLER SIZE (huzzah)!!!!

The crowd roars and the trumpets blare as the Kaylets and Wildfire wave to the crowd from the platform of the Hippy Hoppy Bunny Challenge train!!!! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Sis boom bah!!! :cheer:

Amarantha2
03-30-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm going to post this on all the CCRRMM threads because I read it today and it really hit me, not that I have to necessarily run for exercise or exercise at 5 a.m., but that it IS necessary to do it (and to eat right) whether I really feel like it or not, UNLESS I prefer life at 247 pounds. I can't afford to wait until I feel like it. If not now, when? ... 'I've been running every morning at 5am for about 13 years now--and never ONCE has it been easy to get up and do it. Thirteen years and never once! ... Why do I keep doing it? It is the fastest, most efficient and effective way for me to keep my weight down ...' Ingrid, Connecting in OR, quoted in No More Excuses! by Tawni Gomes :balloons:

:cheer:

Amarantha2
03-30-2004, 11:28 AM
There's room for more people on this train!!!! Come on down to your local bunny train station and hop aboard!!!!!! Ms. Bunny Engineer, please stoke the furnace in the engine room as we all wanna make good time towards our goals today!!!! Yowza!!!

If not now, when?

Sis boom bah!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheers:

zadie k
03-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Hitching my summer goal to the back of the bunny train and aiming for 149 by Easter. Yes, thats right, out o the 150s for good.

Three pounds, three weeks. Very easy math.

Amarantha2
03-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Sis boom bah!!!!! Zadie on board for a three-pound ride!!! She hath also won the right to receive a personal pm from the Bunny herself!!! Huzzah!!! :s: I'm pmg thee, Zadie!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: = THREE POUNDS DOWN FOR THE Z-WOMAN!!!

Arabella
03-31-2004, 07:13 AM
A Rapid Rabbit Report: WI this week has me down .8 -- just 3.2 to go. This week is going to be a good one! :yes:

SIS BOOM BAH!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
GO TEAM!!!!

zadie k
03-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Down .5 for the week. 2.5 to go for the bunny challenge.

Amarantha2
03-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Ok, this is TOO GOOD TO PM because the BUNNY WORLD NEEDS TO SHOUT OUT THE GOOD NEWS THAT Arabella is down .8 with 3.2 and Zadie is down .5 with 2.5 to go!!!! Ok, you'all knew that because they just said so up above, but IT BEARS REPEATING!!! SIS BOOM BAH!!! A huge BUNNY CONGRATULATIONS TO Wood Nymph and Zadie!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I was about to give up, ladies, and take a nap but you've bunny energized me!!!

Amarantha2
04-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Bunny bumpin' this thing!!!!

LEST WE FORGET (that means you, too, Amarantha) WE'RE ON A BUNNY MISSION HERE AND WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT MISSIONLIKE DAY AND WIN ONE FOR THE BUNNY GIPPER!!! Ok?

Ok!!!

Sis boom bah!

Hurrah!!

Amarantha2
04-04-2004, 12:35 PM
OK, I AM SHOUTING OUT THE NEWS THAT I AM A HALF POUND DOWN TOWARDS MY BUNNY GOAL!!!! No applause, please!!!

Let's keep this thread on the front page this week (our final week to the goal) and have everyone who posted a goal report in!!!! Let's ride this bunny train to the end o' the line and then we can have a NEW holiday to shoot for!!! Ok, ok!!!!! No stops at the station for donuts, Amarantha! Well, maybe just one!

Amarantha2
04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Bunny bumping! :cheer:

Arabella
04-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Amarantha, HUZZAH on the .5 down. :cheer:

Anagram, no way that 2 pounds is real. It will be gone in no time! Have you ever thought of doing the Wendy thing -- alternating high and low days? I haven't tried it (at least not on purpose :rolleyes: ) but some people swear by it.

Weigh-in this week had me down 1.4 (my sig is right now). So 2 pounds to go to Easter goal (WI is on Monday, so I'll try to be very good on Sunday!) I did very well until the weekend last week, but lost it a bit at dinner Saturday and then had a mini-binge Sunday afternoon (so SMART to do before a weigh-in, n'est-ce pas?).

Onward!

Amarantha2
04-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Hooray for :queen: Arabella on a bunny whompin' 1.4 pounds down!!!! Huzzah!!! Keep a'goin' Wood Nymph, you're riding the bunny train to victory!!! :cp:

And a rousing SIS BOOM BAH floating down the bunny trail to :queen: Anagramatic who (and I concur with WN that there's NO way that lil ol' water weight isn't gonna just melt off thy bod by Easter and even if it doesn't YOU LOST .4 AND ARE ALSO ACHIEVING A MORAL VICTORY BY NOT GIVING UP) will be wearing her purple Easter suit on the big day (but NO friggin' red hat 'cause she's just a spring bunny chicklet)!!!!

Anagram: Please go out and have a pb egg right away because IMO you're right ... treating yourself a little can really rev the metabolism and push you off the plateau. Arabella's suggest to wendy-plan it sounds good to me ... it really works! Remember that it may just be pb that thou be craving, though, so if you have a few tablespoons of that for the next few days, it could help as well. Invariably when I eat pb (natural pb fixed the way I do to make it ever so slightly less in fat and calories and tasting like the kid stuff w/sugar and transfat) to push me off a plateau, it works!

:queen: s, the Easter Bunny Towel Boys who are running this challenge are asking that everyone remember that it's just for extra motivation and fun ... no need to not enjoy Easter or lament if a goal is not reached because we'll get 'em next time and we've all improved our profiles a bit by doing this. I know I'm actually not liable to lose 1.5 by Easter (still hoping, but ...) but I'm going to give it a shot and have fun with it.

I've been authorized by said ETBs to step up the activity and discussion on this thread and to keep it on the front page by bunny bumping and naggin' o' the queens to come and report or just talk!!!! We're in the home stretch here and the towel boys are also saying they'll be keeping the challenge open to accomodate all participants who weigh in the week after Easter.

They are hoping to have another similar holiday challenge after that and are asking if anyone wants to post it or just submit an idea to Towel Boy Central Office.

Thankee. I've gotta work and go to gym, in approximately that order! :wave:

Cerise
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Howdy, bunnies.

I've got one goal this last week before Easter: get to the gym, meet with a trainer and GET A WEIGHT-TRAINING PROGRAM OFF THE GROUND. I want to have a program and be comfortable with it by the time I leave Saturday morning to spend Easter with my family across the state.

That is all. Nibble, nibble.

P.S. Are the Towel Boys wearing bunny ears? I'd sure like to see that...

zadie k
04-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I have temporarily derailed off the bunny trail, but I am back. Darn tootin. I am just tanking my luck stars that I do not weigh till Wednesday.

Amarantha and Arabella: Congrats on the loss.

All losses are deemed to be real, all gains to be imaginary.

Cerise
04-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I've been a good bunny - just set an appointment at Gold's Gym to get a weights program off the ground. I'm just going to trust the trainer, try not to be a know-it-all (I lifted throughout HS and college), and just DO WHAT SHE SAYS for one month.

Huzzah!! Nibble, nibble. Zadie, here's to finding our way back to the bunny trail. DARN tootin', dammit!!

deleted2
04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
zadie, sorry that you feel like you've been off track, but I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! I feel like I'm "back" too---I've had a few days of not much exercise and bigger portions.
The good news is I'm no heavier [a miracle], but I haven't lost any either.

Cerise
04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh. This is so nice! I've been feeling aw awone in the woods off the bunny trail. I mean, I'm not happy that you feel like you've been awol, Zadie and Eydie, but I'm selfish enough to revel in the fact that I ain't alone!

Amarantha2
04-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Yea, Cerise, the towel boys do favor bunny ears ... you'll have to fill in the rest of the picture ...

Huzzah to thee for setting up that gym goal and mayhap the trainer'll be to thy liking and you won't really have to keep opinions to self for a whole month! :) Congrats!!! :cp: :cheer:

Huzzah to Eydie for maintaining and feeling as though she's back on track (the bunny track, of course)!!!! Kudos and thanks for always being in on the game, Eydie!!! :cp: :cheer:

Huzzah to the formerly derailed but now on track Zadie!!!! :cp: :cheer: Thanks also for the motto o' the day: "All losses are deemed to be real, all gains to be imaginary."

Yup!

Amarantha2
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
SIS, BOOM, BAH!!! :cheer: Go bunnies!!!! :cheer:

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Cerise
04-06-2004, 12:54 PM
...and a fluffy tail. Can Ramon be my towel boy? :D

In a holding pattern, ladies. As soon as I'm back from my visit with the trainer tonight at 6, I'll give you a full report. To reiterate the goals for this visit:

*get a full but simple weight-training program written down, including all body parts, frequency of exercise, etc.

*leave ego at the door, forget past weight-training exploits, be teachable, ask questions.

*give the trainer's program One Month.

*Get the most out of this orientation!!

Amarantha2
04-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Uh, huh on the fluffy tail ...

The towel boys took a vote and said Ramon could be your TB! They're inducting him into the OTB (Order of Towel Boys) and will send him his membership papers by snail mail.

:cheers:

zadie k
04-06-2004, 03:56 PM
The bunny trail is looking pretty good right now. I am having on of those good eating days where I am eating real food (as opposed to processed junk) and exercising portion control.

:cheer: to all those getting down to that exercise thing.

Cerise
04-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Amarantha, thank you for putting my request through to the towel boys. I'm sure TB Ramon will be more excited than he can ever express when I tell him the good news. :lol:

Amarantha2
04-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Sis boom bah! :cheer:

Cerise
04-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Ladies, I did indeed meet with a trainer, young, pretty, hip, bubbly (Audrey Tatou on speed) who got me started on an ultra-simple, ultra-easy weights program. In fact, apart from abs, I have only five weight exercises on five machines - no free weights yet. I swallowed and said that was cool and hey, who am I kidding? If it were any more complicated or time-consuming, I prolly wouldn't do it. She assured me (with both hands in the "hang loose" gesture {?}) that in 4 weeks I'd be screaming bored and begging her for more, and I agreed.

It's all good. This is something I can handle for now. No "I Was An A**Kicker in my Former Years" ego in sight. She bothers me from time to time. Know-it-all. Stuffed her back into my unconscious during my time with Audrey-On-Speed.

No, now, be fair, Cerise. I really liked Joanna a lot.

Amarantha2
04-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Yo!!!! That's great, Cerise!!!! I kind of identify with you on this "I was an A*** kicker in my former years" stuff (although really I wasn't)!!! My trainer is quite young as well (I have socks older than her)!!! But it's all good, I think, as the young have a different slant on things than us elderly folk ... ok, YOU'RE not elderly, but I personally am no freakin' spring chicken!!!!

I had some interesting gym revelations today ... a man was actually flirting with me and I realized it only later ... :doh: ... it's like I'd forgotten that could happen to Super Spinster (me)! Then, let's see, two people told me I didn't look my age ... yeah, right! And then I went to the health food store wearing gym clothes (quite covered up, I do assure thee, but in form fitting duds) to buy Body For Life stuff and was talking to people there about Wai Lana (my newest craze) and Body For Life and a woman asked me why I needed to lose weight.

I liked all these conversations a lot! :)

Amarantha2
04-08-2004, 02:05 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, ANAGRAMATIC!!! :cp: Both for your official weigh-in of 1.8 (that's two pounds!!! :cp: ) and for DS revealing the next # down ... which, in case you don't know, actually means that YOU'VE REACHED THAT NUMBER ... DS is just toying w' ya ... but you're there!!!

Huzzah! You've made it!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ceara
04-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Ceara wanders aimlessly back into the court.

"I've been questing for the elusive Towel Bunny", she sez rather distractedly, "and was way laid by evil beings called rawhides who forced their way down into my trusty companion Annie's gullet and got stuck. I have been nursing my friend for 6 days now. She appears to be on the mend, after being split from stern to sternum to remove the offensive beasts."

Inspite of this, my weigh-in at TOPS was down 6 lbs this week (I gained 3 last week) and I am further down this morning. Will revise my siggy. So I think I'm close to my 5 overall loss....having to re-lose 3...:lol:

I need a Towel Boy with ears and a fluffy tail, a glass of wine (which I've not had for 6 days), and wonderful fingers...I need a massage.

HA! Gotcha there didn't I????

Ceara

Amarantha2
04-09-2004, 07:56 PM
YOWZA!!!! Ceara hath reported a six-pound-down TOPS weigh-in and be bringing in her overall bunny goal o' 5 pounds down!!! Pretty dang good for a person wandering in the fog and removing rawhides from a friend (or something ... Ceara, be thou talkin' about one o' thy canine friends having trouble with a rawhide bone?)!!! Anyhow I'm inspired by thy loss and attitude and am running to the palace to dispatch a towel boy ... unless you have one lined up ...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kaylets
04-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Wow- 6 lbs is impressive!
GOOD GOING!

You too Anagram! GOOD GOING!

And is that true Empress, if you see the number than you are really there??
Hmmmmmmm

I psyched!

deleted2
04-09-2004, 10:01 PM
You are the QUEEN, Ceara! Here, have a towel bunny of your choice!

ceara
04-09-2004, 10:17 PM
"Thanks", she sez modestly, "but remember it is only 3 pounds net that I'm down... I have lost a couple more since then, but will wait until the actual Hippity Hoppity Day to announce that!"

Yes, Annie is a canine friend, 11 years old. And she had to have laproscopic surgery..not only is her abdomen sliced but so was her stomach organ...that darn thing was stuck. One vet was pushing from the esophogas with a scope and the other was pulling from inside the stomach....it was nip and tuck. They both were a little worried about getting it out!. A very stress full six days...and more to come. Hopefully there won't be any complications. She is just starting to eat and be perky.

So am off to bed I think....nice clean sheets and windows...I caught a house cleaning bug today!

Ceara :s:

Amarantha2
04-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Even if it's only 3 pounds net, it's DOWN 6!!! :cheer:

Poor Annie! I must admit I've given Old Dog the occasional rawhide bone, but no more! I think I'll stick to the ones made out of baking soda from now on. She seems to like them.

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 12:50 AM
All hail :queen: Anagramatic for her loss on this challenge!!!!!!! Huzzah!!! Huzzah!!!! Huzzah!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

But Anagram, I must point out that BY LAW the first reading counts ... so I really think you've lost .6!!!! :yes: Definetely!!!! :cheer:

As I reported on the food thread, I can't stop eating (well, couldn't anyway, I'm ok now) and this has been happening sporadically all week, so it's likely I've gained weight ... could be muscle though, as I'm really building a lot of that lately!!! Will report tomorrow!!!

The Fluffy Bunny Towel Boys will be keeping this thread going for the next few days so everyone can weigh in ... the TBs are hoping for 100 percent report-ins from everyone who posted.

Also, they are asking if there's an interest in doing another seasonal "sprint" following this one? Or is it too many threads? I personally love the focus on weight and would like to do it but only if :queen: s are interested!!! Yowza!

Ok, bye!!! I'm still cranky from all that sugar!!!

deleted2
04-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Alas, it wasn't in the cards for me to drop any weight this time--but I'm up for the next one. what's next, Empress? :D

Kaylets
04-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Hello !

Anagram, I too kept checking and rechecking hoping just that aerobic activity of getting on and off the scale would knock the number down...

We are comical aren't we?

Don't forget the raincoat fits! That's a real victory!

I can't remember for sure if I wanted 160 or to break into the 150's....
But as of this am, it looks like 161....but then again, my official day is tomorrow...
The good news is that I believe I'm about 2lbs down from where we began...

And yes, I second Eydie, what's the next one Empress?? These little sprints seem to be working ....lets do it again!

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Yo, old bunny sprint pals (not that you're old, she saith in Jimmy Stewart voice, as in one of my favorite movie lines: "Mother, old building and loan pal ..." (It's a Wonderful Life) ... er, I digress!!!

Ok, I actually gained two (count 'em) pounds this week. Scale read 149.5, 150, 149.5, so true to the advice I gave Anagramatic, the first reading counts!!! That's ok!!! What can one expect when one has 4000 calories in one day? Works for me! :)

Moving on to CONGRATULATIONS (in HUGE TYPE) to KAYLETS for a whopping two down from when we started this sprint!!!!! Huzzah!!!!! :cp: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Also to Eydie, who maintained and that's a GOOD thing!!!!!!!! Yowza!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cp:

I posted on the other thread a suggestion that we start a two week May Day sprint next Sunday but I'm thinking we should keep this thread open for reports and put up the May Day sprint for people to hop on when they're ready. My May Day goal is to just get down to where I was a freakin' week ago!!! In that pushy spirit, I'm going to start the May Day thread NOW!!!! Please see the quote in my sig line for the reason I'm not waiting!!! :)

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Yep, we are comical! :devil: Scale hath us in its might power!

ceara
04-11-2004, 02:40 PM
HA!

I met my goal...I think. I've lost at least 5 pounds since this sprint started....have updated siggy and am ready for the next. The fog is lifting....but due to events last week I can't remember just where I started on this sprint...be that what it may...this time I will remember...'cause I will make a note in my planner!!!!

Ceara

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Dinna feel like the Lone Ranger, Ceara; I can't remember my starting weight either!!!! I could research it on my archives but ...

HOWSOMEVER, SUPERCONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER FOR THE NOBLE SWORD BEARER & MOM TO GLORIOUS CANINES EXTRAORDINAIRE!!! Five pounds is great and you met your goal!!! Huzzah!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cp: