Support Groups - A Challenge Devoted to Exercise, Any Ideas?

DewCan
03-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi all,
I was just thinking that there needs to be a challenge devoted to exercise, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I enjoy exercising once I get started :lol: but my lazy butt doesn't want to get up and I thought a challenge might give me and you a bit more motivation. Of course I'm hoping that better health and a drop of a few pounds will be the result :D So do you have any good ideas. A goal to reach together, or individual goals, walk across the country together, ideas, ideas, :?: :idea: We can come up with something.
Diana :wave:

Samantha2002
09-29-2004, 11:21 AM
This was brought up along time ago - was thinking maybe there is an interest in this? I would love to have this sort of challenge!!! Anybody interested??

ElisaB
10-11-2004, 06:43 AM
I think it's a great idea :cp:

How about points? We could go weekly, and assign points for every time we do cardio, strength and stretching...

Samantha2002
10-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I think that is a great idea, Elisa!! Should we set goals for the end of the week, or what?

LeanneM83
10-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey Girl...

I am Baaaaa-ck....How are you doing????

I will accept any challenge you've got....

I just had my baby 3 weeks (tomorrow) and am totally motivated to lose all this weight ...
I am in a wedding on New years Eve and have to look good!! ;)

Leanne

Samantha2002
10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
OK so how about this:

You can give yourself 1 point for each of the following:

Daily:
30 minutes of cardio
30 minutes of weights
eating right all day w/o cheating
getting at least 8 hours of sleep at night.

Weekly:
one point for every pound lost
five bonus points if you stayed OP for at least 5 days

My personal goal for each week would be:
30 points

Any suggestions as to how to reward yourself if you meet your goals? Or as to how to make this competitive? Any ideas would be great.

:) Sam

LeanneM83
10-13-2004, 10:41 AM
I like samantha's Idea...points for working out...

which day would be "weigh-in" day?? ( I weigh myself every day so it doesnt matter to me..)

I am totally motivated to work out...I am trying to find the time and this will make me try even harder to work out each day...

Leanne

Samantha2002
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
I weigh in every Tuesday.

Fat in Hong Kong
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just came across this thread and would love to join in your exercise challenge if you don't mind.

Right now I do absolutely no exercise whatsoever and I'm totally unfit!! I'm one of these people who has always hated exercise in any shape or form, but I do realise that it's about time I started to do something about it. Years ago as a teenager and in my early 20's I used to force myself to exercise, but as the years have gone by, getting married and bringing up a family, I must confess that I have totally let myself go.

I've recently turned 42, but I feel like I'm 62!! I don't want to waste the rest of my life feeling like this ... I want to get fit and healthy, and look young and trendy, like most of my friends of the same age.

I saw some very 'large' ladies out walking this morning, and this is what has spurred me on to do something about it ... if they can do it, so can I!! As it's been so long since I've done any exercise, I'm going to have to start off slowly, but I intend to start right now. I plan to go walking every day for 30 minutes and build myself up from there.

I'll be weighing-in on Friday, so I'll keep you posted.

Now I'm going to dust off my trainers and get out there!! :)

Nichola

gabwill
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
well I hope that it isn't too late to join. I would love to do something like this. Do we check in everyday or wait until we weigh in? Just wondering.

Samantha2002
10-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Welcome everyone!!
I think that you should check in anytime you have completed a goal and feel like you need to share it!!

My goal this week is to go to the gym 5 times, I have to be able to fit into a Halloween costume that I bought!!!

What is everyone elses goals this week?

Fat in Hong Kong
10-18-2004, 02:58 AM
My goal is to walk for 5 days this week for 30mins each day ... doesn't sound much, but it will be a major achievement for me if I manage to do it! ... And I will!! :dance:

Nichola

DewCan
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi All, happy to see this thread livening up :)
Sam, have you checked your PMs?
Gotta run, I've had a sick boy for 2 weeks and I'm at wits end.
Diana

LeanneM83
10-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Ladies

My goal for this week is to work out at least 5 times, but RUN at least 2 times this week at least 3km each run...( I ran 3km yesterday but I guess that doesnt count as this week does it??)

Leanne

CW 175
GW 140
Long term weight 125 :lol:

gabwill
10-18-2004, 05:07 PM
well my goal this week is to run 3 days (9 miles total) and do taebo for 3 days. I am about to go get one of my runs out of the way.

Fat in Hong Kong
10-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, I didn't think I'd do it, but I'm pleased to inform you all that I walked for 35mins yesterday ... not a lot I know, but it's a start. I must confess that the old muscles are feeling a bit sore this morning ... it's been so long since most of them were used!! :o

When he arrived home from work hubby was surprised, but very pleased to see that my trainers were out of the cupboard. He's been trying to encourage me for so long to do some form of exercise, but I've always made excuses for not doing it ... but not anymore!

I also managed to stay on plan for the whole day :D

Hope everyone else had a good day :)

Nichola

DewCan
10-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Good Evening Ladies

I was PMing with Samantha and she was okay with this idea, let me know what you think. I was hoping to get more points going for a variety of things. This challenge is totally open to suggestions. We need to get this official and points counting started. How about our weeks starting on Thursday and ending Wednesday? Hopefully everyone will read this tomorrow. Weigh in is anyday, but just count it once in the week.

Here's what we came up with:

3 points for 10 min of exercise or weights
6 points for 20 min of " " "
10 points for 30 min of " " "

1 point per cup of fluids per day (up to 10/day)

3 points for 5+ servings of fruits and veggies per day

8 points for eating well all day (this means sticking to your own diet, as we're all on different plans)

3 points for 8 hours sleep/day

Weekly bonuses
10 points for each pound lost (1 point for each 0.1 pound lost)
20 points for staying OP for 5 consecutive days

Each person has to make a goal for the amount of points they wish to accumulate in the week. This makes the challenge both with ourselves and with each other. Make your points target on Thursdays.

Any additions and ideas would be appreciated.

So far we've got

Samantha
Elisa
Nichola
Gabrielle
Leanne
Diana

Does this make sense?
Are you all up to it?

Okay, ideas for rewards for winner and runner up are needed, got any? Maybe something in your signature? How about things we can do pamper ourselves if we reach our points goal?

Hmm...lots of questions, I hope this works.

Diana

gabwill
10-20-2004, 01:59 AM
okay I do have a question. Is it 10 points every 30 minutes in that day or not. I usually do about 2 hours of exercise if I exercise at all. Just wondering.

Fat in Hong Kong
10-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Sounds good to me. Just a few questions .....

Will we be starting to count our points from tomorrow (Thursday).

As I weigh-in on Friday, I presume I'll be counting this Fridays weigh-in for my first lot of points?

Are we going to report our points each day, or just the total we have earned at the end of each week?

Nichola

Samantha2002
10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
My goal is to reach 39 points a day, average. That would add up to 279 points a week. I plan to reach that goal by:

1 hour at the gym 5 days a week (100 points)
10 cups of water a day 7 days a week (70 points)
eating PERFECTLY for at least 6 days a week (48 points)
8 hours of sleep all 7 days a week (21 points)
2 lbs loss at weeks end (20 points)
Staying OP for 5 days (20 points)

What is everyone elses goals? How do you plan to reach them?

DewCan
10-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi :wave:

Gabrielle, 10 points for every 30 minutes. So 2 hours would be 40 points. Wow, that's lots of exercise.

Nichola, yes this Fridays points would count in your first weeks points. How about just posting the total at the end of the week. It will make it easier to se who rached their points goal and of course, who's the winner!!!

Samantha, wow that is quite the goal!! I'll have to think about my points goal for a bit. Congrats on getting to your Halloween goal (and early too!!!)

Diana

Fat in Hong Kong
10-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Ok, I've had a good think about my weekly points goal and I'm aiming for 200pts per week to begin with. This will be made up as follows:

DAILY POINTS:

30 mins walking x 5 days ... 50pts
8 cups of water x 7 days ... 56pts
5+ servings fruit & veg x 7 days ... 21pts
Each day 'On-plan' x 5 days ... 40pts
8 hours sleep x 5 days ... 15pts

WEEKLY BONUS POINTS:

1.5lbs loss per week ... 15pts
'On-plan' for 5 consecutive days ... 20pts

This actually totals 217pts ... however, I'm not perfect, I'm only human, and I know I will really struggle to get in 8 hours of sleep every night and also to drink 8 cups of water each day ... not to mention all the other things! So, if I manage to get anywhere near 200pts I will be really pleased with myself ... This is going to be a real challenge!

Of course, if I find it easy ( :lol: ) to reach my points each week, I will up the amount of points I need to reach my goal.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Nichola

gabwill
10-21-2004, 03:06 PM
My goal is

120 for exercise (2 hours a day/ 3 days a week)
42 for water (6 cups/ 7 days)
40 for eating (5 days on plan)
15 for sleep (with a little a bit difficult at times but 5 days isn't so bad)
20 points for 5 days
10 points for 1 lost (I hope more but I will go low for now)

I know it equals 247 but I will go for 220 instead to give me some slack

Hopefully I make it. It would be more but it is my time and I hate exercising with it here.

DewCan
10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
so Ladies, how's it going today on our first day!

I've been thinking about it and have come up with my points goal.

Exercise: 70 points (30 min, 7 days a week)
Fluids: 70 points (10/day)
F&V: 15 points (3 x 5 days)
Eating Well: 32 points (4 days)
Sleep: 21 points (3 x 7 days)
Pounds lost: 20 points (2 pounds)

That's 220 points for the week (okay that's rounded). Sounds like lots, but I'm off to a good start.
We can all do it, one point at a time.

Samantha2002
10-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Not so good for me today, I didn't stay OP very well today, had tator tots and a Dr. Pepper for lunch BLAH and I did not go to the gym like I had hoped (I slept until 9:30)
I did get in 10 cups of water and slept for eight hours.
So my total for today is: 13
Not a good start, but tommorrow will be better, I promise!

DewCan
10-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Samantha, tomorrow is a new day, and you can do it. I know it's hard to get up earlier to get up, but then you get it out of the way for the day, think about it that way.
I did okay today, tomorrow will hopefully be jsut a bit better.
Have a great 8 hours of sleep!
Diana

Fat in Hong Kong
10-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Thursday was not a good start for me exercise-wise ... didn't do any!! But I did do a 1.5 hour walk yesterday to make up for it :) Also hopped on scale for my WI yesterday and lost 2lbs so I'm happy about that :) Managed to get in my 8hours of sleep ... struggled with the water ... and wasn't totally on plan yesterday ... will try harder today! Need to tot up my points .... Adds up to 51 so far for Thursday and Friday plus my 20 bonus points for losing 2lbs. However, the weekend has now arrived and I know I will struggle to stay on track ... but I will try! :o

Nichola

Samantha2002
10-23-2004, 12:38 AM
The weekends are always the hardest, aren't they??

Not perfect today, either, but I got in:
30 minutes of excersize this morning (didn't go to the gym but did my taeboe tape for the first time - loved it!) - 10 points
8 cups of water - 8 points
8 hours of sleep last night...just because I slept too late - but hey, it still counts - 3 points
My total for today is: 21 points
plus 13 for yesterday: 34 points...ok not so good, but at least I have something to build on :lol:
OK got to get to bed soon if I plan on getting my 8 hours in tonight...talk to you all tommorrow!!!

Elanajel
10-23-2004, 08:24 PM
I would like to join this challenge ifyou are still accepting new people.

What I did today:

Stayed OP all day
Slept last night
Ate well (I need to look back to remember what we are tracking)
Didn't exercise--argh

Tomorrow is another day!

DewCan
10-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Elana,
welcome here. The eating well thing isn't set as it alwasy seems that everyone is on a different "plan".

Okay, thursday, 29 points, Friday, 13 points, today is not over maybe it can get a bit better. :o a little embarrassed by how "not so great" I'm doing.

Diana

Elanajel
10-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Just want to make sure I understand the basics here--we earn points for different healthy habits, each keep track of our own points and post them daily. Is that right?

And we post our weight after a weekly weigh-in?

Please feel free to correct anything I didn't get straight.

Samantha2002
10-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Elana - that is exactly right! We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the points, though :lol:

Diana - I also am doing terrible. I think I set my sights way too high with my goal. I think my new goal will be to always do better than the week before.
Yesterday I got 8 glasses of water - 8 points
8 hours of sleep - 3 points
and that was day two of eating right...three more to go!
Total today: 11 points
plus 34 points: 45 points!

ag!

DewCan
10-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Elana, yes, keep track of your own points. Post daily, but also post your week total at the end of the week ( weeks run Thursday-Wednesday). Add the weekly bonus of weight loss at any time during hte week.

Keep it up Sam, way to go on the 2 days in a row!!

Saturday was 27 points for me. Not bad.

Have a grea day!

Diana

gabwill
10-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Okay I know that I haven't been posting everyday since this began but I will post now for these days. I haven't gotten much exercise. Just did one day of 30 minutes (walking) so that is 10 pts. I have been drinking lots of water. 7 a day so that comes up to 28 pts. I ate well all but thursday so that is 24 more pts. 9 more pts for sleeping atleast 8 hrs a night. That brings my total to 71 out of 220 so far. Tomorrow I start back with running and my regular exercises. Had trouble this week since I didn't feel like doing much those first few days. Hate that time of month but over now so I am fine.

DewCan
10-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Gabrielle, I understand the difficulties when it's that time. It always ends though, good thing.

Today was 29 points, not bad. I didn't get points for eating well as I had a few cookies and wine, yeah, that's not really being OP :o

Diana

Elanajel
10-25-2004, 02:36 PM
It's a good day in weight loss land! I exercised in the morning, including weights, am eating well and also drinking lots of water. Of course, this means I am dying for each class period to end so I can dash across the hall to restroom. One of the hidden perils of being a teacher--you can never use the bathroom when you need to.

Anyway, here's my tally so far:

30 mins. exercise
Eating OP
6 full glasses water
8+ hours sleep

DewCan
10-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Keep it up girls!!

Hmmm...never thought about the teacher having to go pee...I guess they don't need to raise their hand... :lol:

Off to grocery shop for healthy foods

Diana

Elanajel
10-25-2004, 07:46 PM
I got a bunch of exercise DVDs from my library; each circulates for 1 week. Kathy Smith, Denise Austin and someone else doing Pilates for the Core.

Has anyone ever bought used exercise DVDs? What is a good source? I'm sure I could just google it, but I figured people here might have had experience with it.

Ate a reasonably healthy dinner--followed by some less healthy ice cream. :o

Well, we're only human, after all.

DewCan
10-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Elana, never have bought used videos, but did yo utry ebay?
Diana

gabwill
10-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Well I have done good today so far. I ran for 5 miles and walked for 2. That came up to 2 hours so that gives me 40 minutes there. I have drank alot of fluids. It is already up to 10 cups and will be more but that doesn't count. 10 pts for that. I have stuck to what I wanted to eat and don't think that I will go off for my last meal of the day so will go ahead and give myself 8 pts now. I got over 8 hours of sleep last night so that is 3 more points. That comes up to 61 pts for the day.

71 points before and that now brings my total to 132. I only have less then 90 to get in the next few days. I plan on exercising almost the same exact things as today but switching it up a little and won't go off my diet so I will get it without having much problems. Then on Wednesday I will do a weigh it to see if any of this is helping me.

Fat in Hong Kong
10-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Confession time! :o I'm afraid I haven't been doing well at all so far ... the first couple of days were ok, but then the weekend arrive and I've been dreadful since then!! Daily points not worth a mention ... I'll tot them all up and report at the end of the week.

I think I'll be following Sam's lead and making each new weekly goal to do better than the week before. :^:

Nichola

Samantha2002
10-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Elana, I personally would avoid buying used work out videos online, simply because then you have to pay for s/h, when you can probably get them just as cheap locally, and not pay for shipping. Try a local pawn shop. Also, I have bought my excersize videos at Walmart(I only have 2, though - Pilates for dummies, for around $10, and Billy something or other Tae Boe - for around the same price) both bought new. I personally would recommend either one of these.

OK well, confession for me too, I have not been doing well as far as excersizing goes. Well, eating either, really. I have not been to the gym since last Wednesday, but I am going this morning, in about half an hour. Eating has not been wonderful, but not as bad as it could be. For example, yesterday I ate.....hmmm.....now that I think about it, yeah it was pretty bad.....I had a hot dog, a muffin, a chocolate piece of bite size candy, and pizza for dinner. LOL....anyways ok so my point was I haven't been eating MUCH, but what I am eating is not healthy. BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY, AND I AM GOING TO DO BETTER. I am having a bit of budget difficulty, so it is pretty hard to eat healthy when you are BROKE!!! but payday is just around the corner, and hopefully everything will be better.
So I am not going to figure up the rest of last weeks points, my dieting weeks run from Tuesday-Monday, because I started my diet on a tuesday and that is the day that I weigh in on. So this is a new week for me :)

Good luck to everyone, and thanks eternally for all of your support!!!

Elanajel
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Good point about the shipping/handling. I did a Denise Austin video; it was good in that you can select which intensity level you want, choose from a few different cool-down and stretching routines, etc. On the other hand, her perkiness really annoys me. But that's probably par for the course on these videos.

My husband uses our Nordic Track almost every morning. I seem to not quite be coordinated enough to enjoy it. But I did master Kickboxing class and some complex Step aerobics choreography, so who's to say what's impossible.

I just ate a very healthy snack (shredded red cabbage w/low fat marie's dressing), ate yummy hot cereal for breakfast. The danger zone will be right after school. My plan is to put on an exercise video right away and completely stay OUT of the kitchen. I'll let you know if it works.

DewCan
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Hmmm...seems I'm not the only one struggling :( I thought I hadn't done that bad (although only 19 points for Monday), but I've gained weight!! That really sucks!! I started a new food diet today as I think I eat more than I realize. This one is strict but maybe that's what I need. I'm trying ot not let myself get really depressed about this whole thing, but...well...okay...I'm depressed. I feel like it is hopeless :( Tomorrow I will weigh in officially, and see what the damage really is. I'm thinking about curves, have any of you tried it? I ahve a whole bunch of exercise videos, maybe I should do them sometimes.

Diana

gabwill
10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
well I did 90 minutes of working out today. (ran 3.3 miles and walked alittle over 2, I will also do some pushups and sit ups before bed tonight since I need to be able to do more pushups) That is 30 points there. I have had 12 cups of fluid so far but can only count 10 so that is another 10 points. I have eaten well all day and that is another 8. I have gotten 8 hours of sleep even though I wanted more. That is 3 more points
That brings my total to 183. I think that tomorrow I can get the last 40 points in there. Almost done for the week and it feels good!

DewCan
10-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Your'e doing great Gabrielle :spin:

I got 29 points today. Hmmm..I'll have to see how many I ahve to get tomorrow to get my points goal.

Have a good night.

Diana

Samantha2002
10-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Lets see....yesterday I
got in 1 hour at the gym (Kickboxing class) - 20 points
10 cups of water - 10 points
8 hours of sleep - 3 pints
total of 33 points.

Not bad :)

DewCan
10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Kickboxing, doesn't sound easy :stress:

Okay I need to get 54 points today :lol: hmmm...can't see that happening. And that's not counting my bonus points I thought I'd get for losing this week. We'll have to see.

Diana

gabwill
10-27-2004, 08:15 PM
well I don't feel well today but I did get 30 minutes in of exercise. I walked a little but it was something so that is alright. Sofar I got 8 cups of fluids and it won't take much to get the other 2 in since it is only 4 here. I have eaten alot better today since I don't have an apetite at all. Got more then 8 hours last night and I lost 1 lb this week. That brings my total today to 39 (not counting the other two cups of water). Then that is all of my points for the week. 221 to be exact so I think that I did pretty good this week.

Elanajel
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
:(

Once again, I didn't eat enough food during the day at work. I got home starving, ate a rather large (but heavy on the vegetables) snack, and continued to eat as i prepared dinner.

By the time dinner was ready, I of course wasn't hungry. I ate anyway and now feel totally stuffed and uncomfortable. I had to put on sweats because my pants were too darn snug--argh. :mad:

OK, I have clearly identified an ongoing problem in how I am handling food during the day: I need to make better choices during the day so I won't overeat once I get home. Also will switch to raw cut-up veg. with a low points dip for a snack during dinner prep. A defined amount on a plate, then I will put it away.

Successes:
Exercised moderately
Drank water
Ate fresh fruit and veg.

Tomorrow is another day...there is always another choice.

DewCan
10-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Okay points for the day is 16 with 22 extra points for weight loss. So total for the week is 184. Okay not my goal. Next week I will get at least 185. Just keep increasing it. I lost 2.25 this week. My scale at home didn't show it, but it's not accurate.

HAve agreat night all. congrats Gabrielle on the ton of points. Elana, tomorrow is always another day.

Diana

Samantha2002
10-28-2004, 09:05 AM
OK my goals were:
1 hour at the gym 5 days a week (100 points)
10 cups of water a day 7 days a week (70 points)
eating PERFECTLY for at least 6 days a week (48 points)
8 hours of sleep all 7 days a week (21 points)
2 lbs loss at weeks end (20 points)
Staying OP for 5 days (20 points)

OK yesterday I:
got in 1 hour at the gym (20 points)
10 cups of water (10 points)
8 hours of sleep (3 points)
ate perfectly (8 points)
total: 41 points
+33 from yesterday: 74 points

:)

gabwill
10-28-2004, 02:33 PM
well my goal this week is...

workout 1.5 hours 3 days (90 points)
workout 1 hour 3 other days (60 points)
drink 8 glasses 7 days (56 points)
eat well 5 days of the week (40 points)
8 hours of sleep 6 days (24 points)
1 lb lost (10 points)
and staying on plan for 5 days (20 points)

I will cut me a little slack and go for 280 instead of 300 points. I am sure that I can make it either way but want to make sure. It may be a bit hard to do it since sunday is my usual day off and that is in the middle but I will make Wednesday my day off to make sure that I make it. (I already took yesterday slow so that is fine by me)

I made it last week and had a few set backs so I figure that I can make it this week also.

Samantha2002
10-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Yesterday I:
got in 1 hour at the gym (20 points)
10 cups of water (10 points)
ate perfectly (8 points)
total: 38 points
+74 points=112 points

definitely better than last week!

gabwill
10-30-2004, 12:40 PM
well this is what I have so far since I didn't post yet.
Thursday-
I did taebo for an hour and did pushups. (20 points)
I drank 8 glasses of fluids (8 points)
I ate well (8 points)
slept 8 hours (3 points)
39 points for thursday

Friday-
ran and walked 1.5 hours (30 points)
10 glasses of fluids (10 points)
ate well (8 points)
slept 8 hours (3 points)
51 points for friday.

That is 90 points so far.

I don't plan on going off of my plan today so hopefully I get all of my points but 3 for not sleeping 8 hours last night. I will check in later to tell you how today went though.

Elanajel
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
I was up 2.2 lbs. at my WW meeting. Argh.

Water 6 cups
Exercise 30 mins.
Sleep 8 hrs.+
OP for food--yes
Only 1/2 piece of Halloween candy--priceless

Could use some words of encouragement! The weight gain bothers me. I am only a few pounds above goal, but it's frustrating to be above where I feel best. :eek:

DewCan
11-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Elana, don't be too disappointed. Quick weight gains are not real gains (if you havn't been camping out in McD's, that is :lol: which I'm sure you didn't). The quick gains are msot often quick downs next weigh in. There are always so many reasons quick gains can happen, ie. fluid retention due to somthing salty, TOM, big steak dinner still sitting in tummy, you know, lots of things. Don't let it get you down!! Next week will be better.

Okay I was away, so I didn't post.
Thursday, 36 points,
Friday, 22 points
Saturday, 12 points,
Sunday, 9 points,

hmmm...seems to just be getting worse....I was away from home and didn't exercise, and didn't drink much as it's not good for traveling long distances, :lol:

Elanajel
11-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Today:
4 cups water
OP for food
Only 20 mins. of exercise--I will do a 30 min. Pilates video after dinner
Ate 2 pieces fresh fruit--not enough, but could be worse
Slept fine--almost 9 hours

gabwill
11-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Saturday-
Ran for 20 minutes and walked for 40 minutes. (20 points)
I drank 8 glasses of fluids (8 points)
I ate well (8 points)
slept 8 hours (3 points)
39 points for saturday

Sunday-
walked for 30 minutes (10 points)
drank 10 glasses of fluids (10 points)
ate well (8 points)
slept 8 hours (3 points)
31 points for Sunday

Today-
ran for 30 minutes (10 points)
walked for 30 minutes (10 points)
drank 12 glasses of fluids (10 points)
ate well (8 points)
slept 8 hours (3 points)
staying on plan 5 days in a row (20 points)
61 points for today

121 for this post and 90 from before so I have 211 and have about 70 points to get in the next 2 days. That seems reasonable. Tomorrow is Taebo and pushups and an hour walk so that will take care of 40of the points so taht is real good and I may take wednesday off. Never know.

gabwill
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
well so far today I did..
taebo and my pushups(20 points)
drank 6 glasses of fluids (6 points)
ate well (as long as I don't mess up tonight-8 points)
slept 8 hours- a little over (3 points)
37 points so far today

I still plan on doing my walking tonight which can be as much as 1.5 hours so that will take care of most of the rest of my points. Total points this week is 248. Only 32 more to go!!!!

Elanajel
11-02-2004, 07:56 PM
A very good day for me:

1.5 hours of exercise
6 water
8+ hours of sleep
OP for food
Lots of fresh produce
Ate some fish

And I voted! I hope all of you did too.

gabwill
11-03-2004, 02:31 AM
well let's add 1 hour of walking to the day. That will be 20 points more which brings my total to 258 (only 22 points left to go andonly one day more to do it for. I think that I will make it!

DewCan
11-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Wow, you ladies are doing fantastic with racking up those points. Wow, so much exercise. And 5 good days in row for you Gabrielle (that was you right?). Ohhh someday....I'll be able to do that too. You guys are just amazing. :spin:

Monday and Tuesday, 51 points. Need to get more today as I had a bad weekend, will try ;) I'm doing well so far today, I will keep it up! I will, I will. I will.

gabwill
11-03-2004, 08:02 PM
well I did my intervals today for an hour and will do situps later... don't know how long that will take. But for the intervals, that is 20 points. I also drank lots of water... not sure exactly how much but I say atleast 7 glasses. I didn't sleep 8 hours but that is fine. I also loat 2 lbs. I am at 146! so that is 20 more points. didn't eat well today though... darn halloween candy! That puts me up to 47 points today and 305 for the week so I am happy.

Diana- yeah I had 5 days on plan. I would have had the week on plan if it weren't for today and I already mapped out what the next 9 weeks will be like (I am trying to train my body to run longer and faster) and if I don't do exactly how it says then I don't treat myslf like I wanted to. That is a little deal that I have going for myself.

gabwill
11-04-2004, 09:51 PM
well I made my last week goal. This week I will have to increase my points.

As far as exercise goes, I would like to have 10 hours in all for 200 points
Fluids would be 8 per day at the least so 56 points there
eating well 5 days would get me 40 points
getting 8 hours 5 days a week would be 15 points
I am hoping for 1 lb lost for 10 points
and 20 points for staying OP for 5 days

That would put me at 326 and I will cut a little slack so about 310 points for the week

Today I walked 1 hour and did taebo for an hour. I also did some pushups. 40 points
I drank 12 glasses of water for 10 points
ate well today for 8 points.
I didn't sleep well and probably not even 6 hours so no points there
that is 58 for the day!

Samantha2002
11-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting my progress...truth be told I haven't done so well. But I have been reading everyone else, and congratulations on all of your effort!!! I promise I will be doing better.

DewCan
11-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Okay, points for last week was, 177, plus 10 points for 1 pound lost, so 187 points. A squeaker, but I met my points goal. I know I won't make it this week for getting more points than that. I only lost 1 pound, but didn't deserve to lose more.

Gabrielle, you ar jsut amazing with the exercise and points!!! :spin:

Samantha, come on, you can do it, get back on track girl!!!!!!

Samantha2002
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
OK Well today I did go to the gym, have drank all of my water, and eating has been decent. I will post my points tommorrow.
Thanks for the support!

DewCan
11-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Okay, so I'm not even going to try and figure out my points for this past week, but I promise to get back OP this week. I was "the same" at my weigh in today. Hmmm...next week will be much better. I did bike for an hour and 10 minutes.
Diana

DewCan
11-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Okay, I need to exercise, my hours are counting down, but I'm busy cleaning house. Frustrating.....
Diana