Old 03-25-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday 3/25

WOOHOO! It's almost Friday! Not much happening today. It's actually a warm(er) day out today. Kind of like yesterday. But of course we're supposed to get rain. But that's ok. It'll take care of the rest of the snow. Then maybe we can start drying out and getting into the yard to clean up! I never did make it outside to pooper scoop. Maybe today before it rains. I'm feeling MUCH better but a little achy/bruised (kind of like you do after muscle cramps). Hopefully the energy will start to pick up as well! Oldest DD has an ortho appointment today. I'm figuring it'll be "another month" of her wearing her appliance (it's this dohickey that spreads her mouth wider). He doesn't seem to think it's wide enough yet---and won't say if it ever will be or if we should have teeth pulled and be done with it. Well, he's the expert!

You all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:06 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Brenda and All To Come

I did wonderful eating yesterday EXCEPT oh the shame and the pain. I ate 1/2 a tub of Carb Options mint chocolate chip ice cream...... and as I was eating it I KNEW!! I was gonna pay for it. Not only did I go WAY over with carbs but calories too But the worst of all was the sick to my stomach feeling at 3 am this morning and the gas. OY. I threw the rest of it away as soon as I got up this morning and told hubby NOT to buy that stuff anymore.

Can't beat myself up, just gonna do good today if it kills me lol.

How's everyone this find day ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Lady A, I hope your DD is finished with the arch spreader soon, perhaps she has a narrow arch. Sounds painful anyway. The warm weather must be encouraging.

We have no snow here in San Antonio, and today we are laying new sod in the backyard, DH got half a day off and is already out there working. I hope we get finished today because this is what I wanted for my birthday, and today is my birthday.

I'm going to finish my coffee with cream and put a few eggs on to boil and get out there helping.
Journey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #4  

Morning Y'all!

It's been a while since I've had a chance to post, it's been busy here! I think winter here is finally over!! I'm happy to say that last week I dropped 2 pounds, although I really am not focusing on the actual numbers on the scale.

It's finally clicked in my head that this WOE is just the way I eat now. I really have never felt like I'm on a "diet" and I still can't believe how much more energy I have now as compared to before. There's only been a few times I've gone off plan, such as banana fritters with coconut ice cream at P.F. Changs and I must say the sugar didn't push me towards binging the rest of the day, nor did it make me ill. In fact, I just made sure to be extra careful to stay on plan the rest of the day and go on. I didn't beat myself up for it either. My attitude has been that this is for the rest of my life, not just until I lose "X" amount of pounds; therefore, I do plan on enjoying things off plan occasionally. I guess that's why this doesn't feel like just another diet. Luckily for me, I've never been a "sugarholic," for me it's always been bread and potatoes, now I can honestly say I don't miss them. I do have low carb bagels and bread and low carb ice cream in my freezer right now. Once a week or so I'll have one scoop in a dish and I make sure to eat it slow and really taste it and enjoy it (something that before now was foreign to me). The same goes for bread, once or twice a week I have a bagel. I don't obsess over numbers period, instead I'm getting used to being satisfied with "normal" portions of food (before this WOE I would eat like a lumber jack, and often not out of hunger, but from boredom or depression). Wow! I didn't mean to go on and on, but I just find it frustrating when people beat themselves up sometimes! I've lost about 16 pounds since January, not as fast as others, but I'm almost 44 and my body is slower than it was at 20. I started gaining weight around 18-19 and I've averaged about 5 or more pounds a year, so even if I only lose 5 a month...I'm ahead of the game.

Sorry, didn't mean to get up on a soap box. This board has really been a blessing. Thanks for all the smiles, tips, etc. and most of all, letting each other know we're all in the same boat!

Have a great day
BizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 AM   #5  
Mouth of the South

Good morning all!

Well the weather in Houston is humid and threatning to rain. I think we had out three days of Spring. It should be hot and humid before long. I am just enjoying the fact that I survived the layoffs yesterday. I can breathe now!

Lady, When you do yardwork, wear rubber boots to avoid the dog surprises! I am glad the weather is warmer for you! I am originally from Michigan, and I remember how yucky the winter was.

Leenie: I am sure the gas was worth it!

Journey Girl: Happy Birthday! You enjoy your coffee with cream and your eggs. San Antonio is such a cool city! I love it there. Have a great b-day, and make your hubby do the entire yard! You just kick back.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 AM   #6  

Good morning.

Made my dh some American Chop Suey last night and the strangest thing is that the pasta didn't even phase me! Course I hate American Chop Suey so I'm sure that helped but still.....didn't sneak a single noodle.

Still find I can't eat eggs since I had that stomach bug earlier this month....don't know if that is the reason or what but I just can't do it. So I have been having cottage cheese which I am in love with. I used to always eat cottage cheese as a kid and adult but never thought much of it. BUT now it is such a treat. I found the Friendship brand has only 3 carbs in a half cup. Surprisingly it fills me up too.

Catgirl67: Glad you survived the lay-offs. I've been there a few times in my career.

BizzyLizzy: Hello, it has been a while. Glad to hear you have been doing so well. I too am beginning to realize that this woe is going to be my new way of life so however long it takes, it takes. Pop back in once in a while.

Journey Girl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a wonderful day.

Leenie: tisk, tisk, tisk...... I have to buy my husband ice cream every week....I'm so glad that isn't one of my triggers or I would be in big trouble too.

lady_adnerb: Look at you....finally feeling a little better! See, it only lasts a while. My neice had so much stuff done to her mouth before she had her braces. They tried the spreader thing too but that didn't work enough so she actually went in for surgery and had her jaw completely resculpted. I actually saw the surgery on tv once and it is amazing that she had that done...I won't go into the details because it isn't pretty.

Oh I forgot to tell you I tried on the little black dress last night.....DAMN dress......didn't fit and won't fit till who knows when. BUT I tried on another dress that was tight the last time I put it on and it slipped right on in fact it kind of needs to come in up top. I can't wear that dress to the weddings because it is long and black and one of the weddings in in the morning. Oh well, I will have to go shopping for a new dress.

Well, back to work. Will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi ladies just stopping by to say HI before I start work!! Hope you all have a great day!!

OOOOHHH Leenie i did that too the first time i had it but i just ate a HUGE bowl and OMG I was in the bathroom for HOURS!!! That stuff is lethal!!!

Happy b-day Journey!!

Hey there Lady A!!!

Great revaltaionn Bizzy!! That is a great post!

Cat so happy to see you survived the layoffs!!

Jane great job avoiding the pasta!!

Well I have been doing good staying OP and sticking to my weekly goal, even with the onset of PMS!!! So I am gonna do it this time stay OP even when TOM hits, actually living through the PMS is the rough part!! Talk to you all later!!

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #8  
Mouth of the South

Lizzy, you snuck up on me! Have a great day, and congrats on the new way of thinking! Once you get there, you have it made. I hope to be there one day!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon Ladies!!

Well, Im back from holidays, and Im back on Induction, and Ive resurrected my Fitday account!! Im ready!!

I had a nice visit with family while I was away....Im glad to be back at home, and Back on track.

Sorry I dont have time to comment on everyone, but I would love to say how nice it is to see so many of you loosing, and getting closer to your goal. You're all a great bunch of ladies with heaps and heaps of support offerings!! Im glad to be here!

Have a great day everyone
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Well, I've found the perfect cure for a stall. Complain, complain, complain! I've been complaining for the last 3 days and today I'm DOWN 2 POUNDS!!!!!!

Also, I went shopping last night and had a blast! I'll bet I tried on 20 pair of pants and only ended up buying 2 pair. But it was so much fun, because I didn't have to go up a size and the size I was trying on was one size smaller (12) than what I thought I would have to buy (14) AND out of the 20 only 1 didn't fit!!! Keep up the great work girls...it is sooooo worth it!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Morning all!

Happy Birthday, Journey!!!!

Brenda - So glad you're feelling better!

Leenie - hehehe that'll teach ya!

Bizzy - I'm so happy for you! It's really that 'flip' that makes all the difference

Catgirl -

Jane - great job avoiding the noodle! (that sounded naughty ) You'll be fitting into that little black dress in no time!

TG - I'd call that a major breakthrough! WTG!

RobinH - welcome back!

Well, I think I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday. Ugh! And I'm such a baby when I'm sick. I just want to curl up in a ball and have someone else take care of me and everything else. Why wasn't I born a lesbian? Men are no good at this stuff! DH is just making a huge mess that I'll have to clean up when I feel better. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I'll be slogging through the work day and then straight home and into bed. Send good thoughts my way - I need to get better if I'm gonna have my surgery!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:04 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Lori - you sneaky girl! WTG! Isn't shopping fun when you can look for what you want to buy instead of buying whatever fits?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:20 PM   #13  

StarPrincess: "why wasn't I born a lesbian"
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #14  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Hope you feel better soon Star. That was me last week. Nauseated for 2 full days - finally threw up Friday night. Felt better Saturday morning but still did not want food. Sunday I was back to my old self and food tasted good again.

You'll get there - but it is a miserable bug!!!
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:23 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Lisa!!!! You're back!!!!