South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #1  

Default Could this be the diet?

Hey, everyone.

Did anyone get these symptoms: Yesterday I started getting very, very tired. I felt like I couldn't get off the couch. Then this morning, I felt like I couldn't wake up or get out of bed. My mouth is very, very dry no matter how much water I drink, and my muscles ache. I have lost ten and a half pounds, like said before, in one week. Finally my weight loss has slowed and I've stopped losing every day, but I still feel horrible. Could it be possible that I need to leave phase 1? Did this happen to anyone else? I feel like maybe my carb level for losing is higher than other people's??? Let me know what you guys think.

Happy Wednesday, all. Hope I can wake up. MM
Old 03-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You are in detox. Have you been eating any legumes? Try some and that may help. That is a huge weightloss in a short time. Your body is recovering!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:24 PM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Sounds like my first week

I only lost 9.5 lbs. the first week, but felt really yukky for about 10 days. I felt the same way, couldn't hardly make myself move. But then, I was coming off of all caffiene, chocolate, pastries, you name it, if it was fattening I was eating it. Stick with it, it will get better.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I feel that way on the days when I don't eat enough food too. I felt horrible when the sugars and bad stuff was leaving my body, it's kinda like withdrawls. But it can really make a difference if you are not eating enough food too.
Take good care of yourself, especially when changing your diet. That's the best advise I can give.
Good luck!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:56 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. It is true that it has only been a little over a week and my body is used to eating junk! I may skip my workout and clean my house instead, and keep plugging away at this thing. Thanks!!

MM
Old 03-24-2004, 01:11 PM   #6  

Listen to Ruth; eat some beans. When I felt like that I'd eat some good carbs and feel better. I always ate beans on Phase 1: lentil soup, garbanzos on salad, marinated cannelini with tuna. At times, my muscles felt a little weak, but that was all; no big problems. Hope this helps. Jo
Old 03-24-2004, 01:32 PM   #7  

Good meal ideas. Last night I did have some kidney beans on my salad, but a nice big dose of beans in chili or soup sounds great. Especially since my family and I feel like we have meat, steamed veggies and salad coming out our ears lately. We need some variety!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:05 PM   #8  

I was just reading about South Beach on WebMD yesterday, and they had some info that might apply to your situation.

*Cindy Moore, RD, a director of nutrition therapy at The Cleveland Clinic and a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, discussed the South Beach diet in a May 2003 interview with WebMD.

*Moore said the diet truly does meet several of the criteria for a healthy diet. It's rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein, she said. Most importantly, it doesn't leave out any major food groups.

*Moore warned that during the induction phase, much of the lost weight is water weight. Losing this much water can throw your electrolyte balance off. So if you're following the diet, it's a good idea to work closely with a registered dietitian or your doctor.

*Despite the popularity of the South Beach diet, Moore warned, there's no one-size-fits-all diet. A dietitian can help you individualize the South Beach diet to fit your health needs."

Anyway, thought that this information was interesting and might apply to you. I guess the idea is to drink LOTS of water during the first few weeks. (I also read that adding some extra salt into your diet during the first few weeks helps, but I can't find where that's from).
Good Luck to you!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:36 PM   #9  

Thanks Kayzan.
Somethings definitely kinda off. I had a lot of beans for dinner and went for a short run, now I'm better. I do kinda want a bag of jelly beans though. Can't get it out of my head. Sigh.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #10  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I only had a small loss in week one and actually gained more energy so I'm guessing it's due to the large loss in sucha short amount of time. The only time I get tired is if I get busy at work and don't eat at the proper time.
Closed Thread