Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #60

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #60

gma22
03-24-2004, 07:46 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #59

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
03-24-2004, 07:48 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. GRIPE AWAY GIRLS!!!

Cat: Good for you girl and hope that foot is coming along! Thanks for the info on the eggs. I don't have them on my post. I have a check mark and when you put your pointer over it, it says I am invisible! Don't know WHY I am invisible, but I am! :lol:

Later girls!

Faye ;)

jloo1957
03-24-2004, 08:14 AM
:) okay...maybe I did go overboard with the smiley's...but I just felt so pumped up I couldn't help it...am I forgiven??.. :dizzy: anyway yesterday was another 4 point day for me...YOOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!..I walked first for 45 minutes and then my hubby and I took another 15 minute walk together...I didn't work the gazelle ,but got it planned first thing this morning..it is amazing how exercise makes you feel so much better...releasing all those endorphins just makes you so happy.... :coffee: well I'm off to get some things done and finish my coffee...oh yeah the only Wed woes for me is I wish my two oldest Daughters would try to get along better than they are right now...they both call mama and complain about the other ..I guess wanting me to side with each of them ,but mama usually lends her ear,and gives her opinion,and tell them to please work this out between you two...they butt heads here lately,and I love them both dearly,but some things they are gonna have to learn to work out on their own..I really think they get a little frustrated that mama dont jump right in and go between them,but I feel they need to work this out...well I have to run..will check in later...love and hugs ..Joy

gma22
03-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Joy: You are absolutely right to stay out of it totally! If they are like my 2, they play against each other and then I get the blame when it goes downhill! I understand perfectly though I have a boy and a girl. Right now it is this wedding thing and it has split them apart pretty good. My son is furious that his sister is not coming to his wedding and I can't blame him, but I have opted out of this one big time!

I would say my woes are the vacation isn't getting here fast enough and I don't like the fact my kids are at odds. I have been put right in the middle (they never ask their dad as he would tell them straight off and that would be the end of that!) Anyway, it saddens me that his sister won't be at his wedding and that it weighs on his mind so much.

Everyone has a spectacular day and work to get all your points!

Faye :)

Satine
03-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Hello... another 3 point day yesterday ....

Knobhdy - I think I forgot to welcome you, so WELCOME :lol:

Okay girls, this is a bit of an embarassing Weds Woe but here goes ( and I would like any suggestions on how to help this ) ... I am very constipated :lol: For about the last three weeks I have been....I have never been in my life so I thought it would go away, no such luck...I did think maybe it is the banana that I have everyday, aren't they supposed to do that? Anyway I dont feel good, what should I use to get this straightened out? Or just plain out? ha ha :lol: Have any of you had this problem and if so what did you use? PLEASE HELP :eek:

Faye - why isnt your dd going? I think she should be there for her own brothers wedding, he has a right to be upset with her....I know it is hard when family isnt getting along :) and vacation will be here before you know it!!!

Are we all going to have to take up belly dancing and change the name of this thread? ha ha... I could use it actually....

Well have a good day all, talk later...I will check back later to see if anyone has any suggestions for me ... thanks in advance...

jloo1957
03-24-2004, 09:51 AM
:) Faye...I am sorry your dauf=ghter is not going ...but it will be her loss...you are right ..if you dare say anything ,they blame you and say well"mama said this and mama said that"...so I let them decide how to work it out...but it can be so frustrating for mama...yesterday i almost give in to just sitting down and wanting to eat eat eat...but instead went for a walk and got busy with doing something else...but you can,t help but worry...one daughter is hot tempered and holds nothing back,while the other holds it in a nd holds it in ,then all at once let's it out...because the other runs her mouth off and says what she thinks making the other madder and madder till she explodes....jeeeshhh!!!..I have to back off and let them work this out,only one called the cops on the other yesterday,and almost went to jail...[maybe they need to go to see what it would be like to settle it between them.]..one actually hit the other... then they both call me and expect me to work it for them ...this has been an ongoing thing between them since their father passed...I have even offered to get some therapy for them ,as I have gotten it for my 17 year old daughter to help cope with the loss of her father...it has really hepled her...the counselor comes right here to the house and talks privately with Julie and with the family...family therapy that hepls give us ways to help julie too...but they have this ideal that it is not needed...I can't make them ,but they are gonna have to deal with this between them,I have offered and that is all I can do...I have tried to talk to them, and about the time I think It might do some good,they are right back at it....sorry for all the complaining,but I really needed to let it out...well,I am off to work out on the gazelle ..maybe it will help with all this worry...Joy

knobhdy
03-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I guess I had maybe a 3 point day yesterday. I had all my water and I went to the gym. I ate under my calories but that is only because I had pizza for dinner and nothing else to eat all day. Which I appreciate is not healthy. Today I started out with a low fat granola bar after first period, so that should help.

I have a wednesday woe (or wine as it is): I am unhappy because it is snowing and I think it should stop!
It was really sunny a couple of weeks ago and 50s every day but then it decided to be winter again. It is almost April! I need to move south.

Carri - Have you tried Cranberry juice. It has that effect on people, especially if taken in high concentrations. I also recommend prune juice. That is what my parents used to feed me when I was a kid.

gma22
03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Boy, you girls have been busy!

Carri: Yes, the bananas will do that if eaten everyday because they are fibrous and you have to really up the water you drink if you are going to eat them everyday. I agree, prune juice or prunes are a good natural remedy. I started about 6 months ago drinking a serving of Citrucel EVERY day and boy has that fixed me up. You shouldn't be embarrassed, it happens. If it has gotten so bad you are really in pain, get some laxative suppositories. They work the fastest of anything.

Joy: This is gripe day so gripe away. We love our kids, but they can be a total pain in the BUTT!

Ok, here is the deal with the dd and son. They decided to marry in Vegas and the dd doesn't want to pay for the airline tickets for her, her dh and son to go nor does she want to pay for herself, though she can afford it. DS has offered to loan her the money to go, but again she says it is not the money that it is just too much money to spend for such a short period of time and they went to Vegas for vacation year before last and see no reason to go again, also if she would go by herself, she refuses to be away from Thomas for Easter, which is the next day. On top of that, she didn't go to the bridal shower either. What my son doesn't know is that she went on a girls weekend that she said she couldn't cancel (though she drove and did not have airline tickets she couldn't cash in) AND she was in Illinois the whole weekend only 4 hours away from where the shower was. I know about all this and so does my dh of course, but I hope ds never finds out because that would just stick another pin in him. I believe she is upset that they didn't get married down here like they talked about. It is just a big mess and part of my problem is I KNOW TOO MUCH and have to keep it bottled up inside when I want to express my opinion. Her excuses are lame considering her brother sacrificed to come to her wedding and was living in Florida at the time, though she tells another story! You are all right that sooner or later she is going to regret not going. What saddens me is that not once has she asked to see the shower photos I took and I believe that if you were someone that wanted to go and couldn't you surely would be anxious to see the pictures of it at least. There is a LOT of jealousy here and it is not going to get better after my son gets married only worse, especially when they have kids considering her son is my only grandchild.

Knob: move here, it is going to be middle 70's today and middle 80's by the weekend!

Oh, I came online to give you all some interesting info. Dr Dean Edell was on Good Morning America talking about foods and here is some of what he said:

REGULAR SOFT DRINKS HAVE 15 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR PER CAN

RAISINS ARE ONE OF THE WORST THINGS TO GIVE KIDS FOR SNACKS BECAUSE THEY ARE STICKY AND STICK TO THE TEETH CAUSING TOOTH DECAY. HE RECOMMENDS CHEESE AND SAYS THAT CHEESE ACTUALLY PREVENTS DECAY

IF YOU NEED VITAMIN "C" BESIDES ORANGES, STRAWBERRIES, KIWI, BROCCOLI ARE ALL HIGH IN IT

APPLE JUICE IS THE WORST JUICE TO DRINK AND LACKS ALMOST ALL NUTRIONAL VALUE

I hope this helps you make informed decisions about some of the things you eat and drink or give to your children.

Later girls and like I told another thread: REMEMBER YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, so let's not be elephants today! :lol:

jloo1957
03-24-2004, 12:22 PM
:) THANKS FAYE....so far I am exercising my frustration away...I have walked,done some stretches and done the gazelle for 15 minutes...and the more I think about it the harder I go...staying busy in between doing the housework....and you are right ...we know too much and have to not say anything to the other....oh well,they'll work it out...I do believe that your daughter is jealous of your son and daughterinlaw to be bigtime...children can be our trials...that's for sure...but yes ,I love them dearly..and one of my daughter's has my sweet grandbaby....so I have to be careful...she has never held back me having her...but you never know in these situations...well,I'm off to do some more...love and hugs...Joy :dizzy:

Mirabelly
03-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi friends!
4 points for me yesterday......

No time for woes, got lots to sew before 6 tonight.

Talk later,
me sew now! :rofl:

Julie

jloo1957
03-24-2004, 03:03 PM
:D :D I HAVE KICKED BUTT TODAY...I JUST DID THE GAZELLE WORKOUT TAPE FOR 30 MINUTES...YES,YES YES...FIRST TIME I HAVE DONE THE WHOLE TAPE :dizzy: :strong: :strong: WWWWHHHHOOOOHHHOOO!!!...LATER GIRLS...GONNA KICK SOME MORE ....JOY

cat90
03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well i've been up for hours and i've been online for hours :rolleyes: so i've really got to get my butt in gear because i've promised myself (and others ;) ) that i'll get some form of exercise today :lol: have'nt had my brekky or anything and my stomach is about to grumble big time :lol: so i'd better take care of that before a binge ensues :(

Carri, i can't eat banana's because they bung me up :lol: :o and i have enough problems in that department already :( i find that eating a few pieces of licorice helps :dunno: if all else fails you can always go and get some senokot tabs, just make sure that you get something gentle cos sometimes they hurt more than help. Stay off the banana's for a bit :goodluck:

Faye, i think your daughter is being a bit rotten if she can afford to go :( who would'nt want to go to Vegas? :eek: does'nt take me much to zoom off down there :lol: i could always substitute :^:

cat90
03-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh Faye, i forgot to mention :crazy: you DO have an exclamation mark in your egg :lol: we must not see it on our own post :spin: i have a red dot on mine cos i'm invisible too..if you want to change that just go to your User CP then everybody will be able to "see" you when you are online and bombard you with instant PM's :eek:

Satine
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely have to lay off the bananas, which makes me sad, because I like them so much, they help stave off hunger...oh well, maybe just have one once in a while....have a good evening all....

gma22
03-24-2004, 04:42 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Cat :bravo:
Joy :bravo:
Julie :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
Carri :cp:
Knobhdy :cp:

Doing a great job girls!

Thanks for the info Cat. Now what do the eggs with the yolks mean? Some people have them some don't.

cat90
03-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Aaaahh, the eggs with the yolks :lol: mean that the user is online :cp: and you can send them a PM :D

I've not achieved much today at all :lol: but i'm still going to exercise ;) think i'll hop on my bike for 20mins or so. I'm OP and have planned my meals for the day so i should do OK :D

mscat816
03-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I am having such a great day I can't even complain - thanks Faith for the info on complaints - will try to save them up for Wednesday's in the future.

Went to MWL to weigh in prepared for bear - got the nurse I don't like but she must have seen "don't mess with me on my face" and didn't say much about my weight. Of course I had gone up 2 lbs since the morning and my last weigh in. She asked me if I ate before I came and accepted the increase as being due to eating lunch and drinking my water very late. I told her I would not be in till Friday, too!

Had a great day yesterday - a 4 pointer and I am on my way to a 4 pointer today as long as I can get my water in. ;)
Julie - good luck finishing your sewing!
Satine - I hope you feel better soon - push the water and get fluids in your bowls.

Have a great evening everyone!
mscat

mscat816
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
I mean bowels! :o
mscat

gma22
03-25-2004, 07:19 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Be sure and make time for YOU today!

MsCat: Got your pm and added your bio and :lol: the bowls booboo was funny!

later girls!

jloo1957
03-25-2004, 08:08 AM
:) Good morning Ladies...I had a 4 pointer yesterday...hope to have another today...a little sore from all the working out,but that's a good thing....later...Joy

Mirabelly
03-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Morning Lovelies!
Well, I made the dress rehearsal deadline last night. Was sewing right up until an hour before it was time to leave. Which was good because I had to do my stage makeup and that always takes a long time. We have a small, local performance on this Saturday and then I start sewing for the "big" show in May. I'm trying to do baby steps every day instead of saving it all until the last minute (which is inevitably when my machine decides it is done working!)

Yesterday still ended up being pretty good. 3 points in all......totally forgot to drink my water until I got home last night and was Parched! Ended up drinking 1/2 my daily amount right there. Today should be good.....I took a 45 minute walk outside this morning. The birds were positively screaming and I heard sounds of baby goats in the distance (made me miss my lambs that were always born this time of year). Those are all sure signs of spring around here. Gonna fill my water bottle now, so I don't forget. Today is clean the house day....I'm a total slob when I'm on a sewing binge!

Looks like everyone is doing really well on the points this week! Keep it up everybody!

Until soon,
Julie

knobhdy
03-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Ladies,
I had a 3 pointer yesterday and it was really all my fault. I usually donít have time to get to the gym on Wed, cause I have this crazy schedule, so yesterday I didnít bring my clothes for it. Of course wouldnít you know, I did have both the time and a driving desire to get down there and work out. <sigh>
So I consoled myself that I would get out on my bike when I got home and that would make it all better. Well I did get my bike out, but when we tuned it up (cause it was sitting for all winter) I discovered that all four brake pads were bad. I seem like too much of a risk to go out on them and the local bike shop was already closed. So I am carrying one of the brake pads in my car and I am stopping by the shop on my way home. I am biking tonight GD, and there is nothing I can do to stop me.

Maybe that will be my me time.

I also had issues eating yesterday. I stayed below calories. Way below calories. This always happens to me when I start counting them. I stop eating them, which in some ways is good but last night the SigO had to force to me have dinner and even then I didnít quite make it to 1000. (I was aiming for between 1200 and 1500) I started out with my granola bar earlier today and I have an extra one for a snack later on.

Do you ladies have suggestions of low-fat, low-sugar snacks that you enjoy? If I could fit in one or two more snacks a day that would boost me over at least the 1200 mark and I would feel more like I was grazing. (Which I love to do!)

I did get my ďbeforeĒ photos taken, and me measured so I will have something to compare to later on. (say mayday) besides just the scale. I would post them for yíall but the SigO declared if I was going to pose in *that* then he has the only person who got to see the pictures. (and yes he was excluding me along with everyone else but as it is my camera and my computer they are on, there is little he can do about it. Bwah ha ha!!)

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Satine
03-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Morning Girls

Boy last night was a hard one...suddenly around 6:30, after I had eaten dinner and my dh had left for a concert, I found myself alone with a container of my favorite cheese balls....I had enough points left for the day to have a serving of them if I wanted...so I counted out the serving and started eating, I could tell I was ready to binge...I got done with the serving and what did I do? I went right back in the kitchen and grabbed the whole container to take to the couch with me, BIG MISTAKE, well right when I was like 2 balls in :lol:
my mom calls, she talks to me for like 45 mins...THANK GOD for her, after we hung up I no longer wanted the cheese balls, had the binge under control and put the canister away!!! So I still was under points and had an OP ( 3 point )
day...I would have felt so bad, I have not had an UP-OP day since Jan 28th
( checked my food journal ) .... but I was thinking from now on if I get like that and I am alone, I am calling someone my Mom - it works!!!! :)

Julie - Good job on getting your sewing done, if you ever take any pictures of your costumes, post them on here, I would love to see them....yes Spring is on the way, great isnt it? :flow2:

Knobhdy - Thanks, I will go home and fill my "bowls" with water, ha ha, sorry that was funny, I cannot think of any lowfat snacks off hand, you already mentioned granola bars, and I eat alot of those, but I will think about it...

Faye - I am going to make time for me Thursday all about me spending time with that canister of cheese balls, just kidding :twirly: :tape: :rofl:

Okay Girls, have a good day, check back later...

gigglez
03-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Morning chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all welcome to all the new chickies here! Miss for a while and you sure to miss alot. Thanks everyone for the prayers for my mother. She had a fall a little over 3 years ago and broke a leg as a result. The surgery that was done to repair the leg left her with 1 plate and 7 screws on one side of the leg and 2 screws on the other side of the leg. The whole time after ward she never did heal, there was a small hole on her leg, which was in part due to diabites(sp). There have always been times that the hole was red and there was almost always something draining from it. Time and time I have mentioned it to her primary care physician and also to her surgeon. Both of whom dismissed any concers. Three years later her leg is red from the ankle to the knee cap. Finally I force her to go to the doctor and he tries to admit her but she askes for something that so that she wont have to go to the hospital so the doctor does try. This doesn't work, 2 days after that he has to lace a place on her leg, and send the stuff off for testing. On a Tuesday she is called and told to get over to his office asap. When she gets there her doctor tells her that she needs to get to the hospital asap so that she can get iv antibotics started that he is afraid that her infection is going to the bone and she is at extremly high risk to loose her leg. Then the hospital tells her to go to the house there isnt a bed for her and they will call her when they are ready. This inturn pisses me off to no end. I call the bed supervisor and get told that they do have a bed and to bring her on there. I get her there and admited she is given some antibotics and then scheduled for surgery the next morning. The doctor and the surgeon is by this time afraid that the leg could be unsaveable. We got lucky and he was able to scrape the infectin off of the bone and he removes the hardware that was infected. Of course I am given the hardware in the biohazard bag and it is washed, so that I guess nobody could culture it. I find out a few days later that she has had a staff eppi infectin for a long long time. There have been some people that are in the medical field(nurses) that tell me that staff infections can sometimes lay dorment for a while. I am glad that she has came thru this alright but the fact remains did she get infected at the same hosptial that she was at for the removel? Her meds for the 6 wks treatment is going to cost 1800.00 and there is no way in the world she can really afford them. We have to wait til the bills start pouring in to get help for her but I am seriously considering legal action. Ok I have griped enough to make up for lost time.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back and that I will be catching up slowly. I have been having problems with my right leg and my right arm as well. I am slowly getting better and can actually walk not in pain. So I have exercised in over 2 weeks but I am back to the routine now. Gotta run have to shower and go to the hosptial for a med refill and get my mothers iv going and pay some bills before work today.

Here's to a BLESSED DAY to all!

HUGS

sandy

Satine
03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
OKAY GIRLS, I know we are supposed to wait until tomorrow for pounds down but I am too damn excited!!! I made my March 31st goal early!!!!!
205!!! :cheer: :goodscale

Now I can set up my new goal below......

Hope everyone has a great one!!!!

Sandy - Hope your Mom feels better real soon, and yourself!!! Great to hear from you girley....

gma22
03-25-2004, 11:18 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Mscat: :bravo:
Julie :cp:
Knobhdy :cp:
Carri :cp: and some extra for reaching goal early! :dance: :hat: :balloons: :encore: :cheer:
Faye :flow2:

Sandyg: I continue to pray your mom gets better each day. What a horrible thing to happen that could possibly have been prevented!

I did a 50 minute workout on threadmill this morning and then will go back with Jack tonight and just do a nice walk while he is exercising. I had a horrible food day, which happens from time to time, but I didn't let it get out of control for longer than one day. I had a yogurt smoothie this morning that is pretty good, 80 cal and no fat. It think it is Light and Lively. The Nouriche ones are 280 calories and have fat in them. Funny how now the first thing I do with prepared foods is turn them over! :lol:

I just read on AOL news that Richard Simmons got charged with assault for slapping a male passenger in the Phoenix airport because the guy made a remark about dropping their bags and dancing to the 50's or something like that. Sheesh, RS needs to lighten up for heaven's sakes. He asks like the biggest flake there is anyway!

I would like a normal not weird recipe for fixing couscous, doe anyone eat it? I have never eaten it, but would like to try it and maybe serve it to Jack but he eats NOTHING the least bit unusual so anything that goes in it can't be odd, so to speak, no chickpeas, spinach, lamb, etc because he won't eat it then. Thanks everybody!

Mirabelly
03-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi again ladies,
Sandy--Welcome back! and I hope your mom is feeling better now....at least the stress of "not knowing what's going on" is over.

Faye, couscous is great stuff! It is just plain old pasta that's been shaped through a ricer (kind of like a tiny sieve) instead of a regular spaghetti or macarone shaped machine. It tastes just like pasta, but it's grainier. You can cook it plain and put butterbuds on it, or I like to cook it in chicken broth. Then it tastes like the rice-a-roni stuff, only better for you. You don't have to add anything to it, unless you want to. It cooks REALLY FAST too. You can buy preseasoned boxes of couscous, just like you can prepackaged noodles and rice. But beware of the sodium content!! It's better to just buy it plain and control the seasonings yourself.

Congrats on the goal Carrie!!! :cb: :cb: I'm right behind you.....won't divulge how close until Friday, though ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again......for snacks that have almost no caloric impact, but you can graze on all day....FROZEN GRAPES! Taste like sorbet, it's hard to eat more than one at a time. I also like chocolate graham crackers, my new faves for salt are goldfish "crisps". They are basically your regular goldfish, but smashed flat and baked. One serving is 37 crackers! And they come in your multi-flavored chip varieties like sourcream n' onion, etc.

Later babes,
Julie

cat90
03-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Hi Sandy, sorry you are having to go through such an ordeal :grouphug: but glad that your Mom had a successful surgery :D

Carri, CONGRATULATIONS :balloons:

Knobhdy, I sometimes eat a bowl of cereal as a snack but without milk, i love SugarCrisp :T don't know about the sugar content tho' :lol: I also eat healthy choice choc pudds but when i was in Walmart the other day i discovered that Hunts do a fat free one which is even less :) 87cals and 0.3fat :D they are pretty good too ;) what about just plain old popcorn? i bought a hot air popper and its really good warm :T

A 4pt day for me :cp: i forced myself to go on my exercise bike for 20mins last night and also did 10mins with resistance bands :)

knobhdy
03-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey all,

Carrie - congratulations on getting to goal way early. You get a big gold star in my book. :D

Julie - i have heard frozen grapes before. They sound great but I really canít do frozen things near my teeth. I warm my ice cream. :)

But I like the goldfish idea. Unfortunately the SO will want to eat then all at once. He often triggers bad responses in me cause he eats something that I was saving to have when I wanted (could afford the calories for) it. So then I feel that if I have something like that at home I need to eat it or loose it. I have tried to talk to him about it but it doesnít help. :yikes: and I know it is my fault for giving into my mutt impulses but what can I say? :shrug:

I did hit the gym today so I got in my exercise but I will only count it for half a point cause I also want to get in a bike ride this evening.

Have a stellar day, Ladies!

cat90
03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Knobhdy, well get one box that he knows about and get another box for you ( :sssh: and hide it :lol: ) i have low-fat stuff stashed in the kitchen that hubby does'nt know about :devil: he does'nt care if munchies are low fat and expensive or full fat and cheap he'll clean up the lot! :rollpin: so i hide the ones that i want, it works too :lol: for some reason he never looks in that one kitchen cupboard :rofl: if only he knew.

knobhdy
03-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Cat - Re: popcorn, Yes I am all about the popcorn. Only its a hassle to lug out the popper and then clean it and put it away at the end.. But then:
I discovered that I could microwave regular popcorn (just the kernals) in a paperlunch bag slealed with not one, not three, but two staples. Thanks Alton Brown!

Not to be cheesy much but yes it can be done. www.foodtv.com has the recipe but it is an old one and asks you to mix the kernals with a bit of oil. This is not necessary. Just measure out the corn (less then 1/3 cup to provide space) into a large paper lunch bag. seal it with two staples at least 3 inches apart. (There is a physics thing here but it is long) and pop for 2-3 minutes. In my microwave it is 2.5 min. Open bag, enjoy, throw away mess when done.
I love it.

cat90
03-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Great Idea Knobhdy :cp: i'll try that sometime :D

gma22
03-25-2004, 02:46 PM
RE: popcorn. I have bought ff microwave popcorn too. I am not a popcorn eater, but I know there are ff brands out there.

One of the best things I have learned about snacks was from the dotties weight loss site. She says when you come home from the grocery store and are putting stuff away, go ahead and wash veggies and fruits and drain on paper towels and store in 1 serving size baggies. When you get the munchies you just take out a baggie and enjoy. I do it for my preztels, you can do if for ff potato chips, your crackers, whatever. I buy ff pudding cups from Jello and their ff/sugar free jello cups which are both good. I am a huge fan of the spicy bloody mary mix and drink it plain like tomato juice. Gets in a veggie and gives me a snack that is spicy so it causes my taste buds to kind of shut down for awhile so I don't overeat. If you would like, go to my website and on the recipe link I have snacks that are under 100, 50, and 25 calories apiece.

You ladies are doing a great job today. Keep up the good work!

KimmyAnn47
03-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi gals! Long time no see.
Faye-Thanks for the email to check up.
I am enjoying my experience at Overeaters Anonymous. It is Pretting !%# intense, but I think it is what I need. I have been doing pretty well with staying on my food plan since I went there, I think I might have lost a little bit of weight already, and I am right on track. If anyone wants to know more about my experience at OA, send me an email. I don't know if you can do that easily, but Faye, you have my permission to give my address out to anyone that wants it.
Nursing school is going well, not too much drama to report. I am on spring break till next monday and am enjoying it!

Take care everybody! Kim

KimmyAnn47
03-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Oh, that signature is OLD!!!

Satine
03-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all of the congratuations everyone on meeting my goal!!!

KimmyAnn - nice to hear from you, come back when you can, glad to hear OA is working out well for you...

Knobhdy - You hit the nail on the head, that is why I gained alot of my weight, I would buy something that I wanted and dh would end up eating the whole thing before I could get to it, so I learned early that you ate when he did and you ate all you wanted because you were not going to get it again, he would eat it all.... I have learned now to buy only things he wont eat or hide it...so hide it !!! :lol:

Julie - Cant wait to see what you weigh tomorrow, I have a feeling you and I are going to be neck and neck for a while, which I think is great, we are so close to "onederland" :)

Faye - I love Dotties Weight Loss Zone, I go there all of the time, it really helps when you are on the WW plan...

Everyone is doing great! See ya later ...

knobhdy
03-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey all,

Hi Kim. Nice to meet you. I would love to chat with you some time about nursing school. I was really concidering it but I didn't have enough science in my undergrad program, so I am finishing up my first degree in Art History. (Would you like fries with that? ;) JK)

Well I am awarding myself the rest of my exercise point for today even though I didn't get out on my bike. I decided to walk to the bike store and wanted company, so I ran a block, walked a block over to my best friends and he and I walked up to the bike store. It was intense (both the running cause I usually don't unless I am being chased, and the walking cause when H and I get together we walk fast!) And I did the runnign thing on the way home too, which is uphill.
Too bad the bike store was out of the brakes I need. So I guess I am "walking it" in the afternoons until next wednesday.
But then its biking all the way! (I hope)
Well I saved my calories today, so I should be ok at dinner out tonight. But I will have to stick to the water to avoid the extra calories.
I hope everyone has a great night.
:wave:

gma22
03-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Kim: Good to hear from you! You KNOW I have to keep all my hens close to the henhouse or some fancy pants rooster will lure them away and they they are done for! :lol: I just want you to know that when you aren't here that we miss you.

Anyone wanting her e-mail address, pm me and I will forward it to you!

Hope everyone is having a good day and evening.

Talk to you tomorrow!

gigglez
03-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Evening!

I think that i am claiming points for water and exercise. I have had too much to eat but then again I have to eat to take the medicnes for my feet. Thankfully that will be over with in about 3 days. I do try to keep it light but I have to have something like bread to keep me from getting sick.

Faye, good ideas with the single serving bags. i like that think that I will try that when things calm down here some.

Congrats Carri on the goal. WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY goal is to make it to 170 by the end of the challenge.

Talk to everyone tomorrow going to do a workout then bed.

sandy

gigglez
03-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Morning!

Got in the workout last night. I have a yougalaties tape. I admitit is different but I sorta like it. Kinda relaxing so I am all for it. So far the morning is going great. I hope that this will set the tone for the whole day! I am off this weekend and my other job isn't going to be too much this weekend so it will be great. I have scooby on the do list this weekend so big screen here I come. I am going to take my own snacks as I really am not a fan of the popcorn and such at the movies. Time for a good hot shower and then work. Yeah! At least I wont have to work late tonight and that will be a good thing. Catch everyone later!

TGIF

sandy

gma22
03-26-2004, 07:34 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losers this week (only lbs not a loser in the bunch otherwise! ) :lol:

Later girls, have to take Jack to work and go to the gym

Mirabelly
03-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Pounds Down Friday ladies!

SO, I'm down to TA DA.....208!!!! First time down in the "0s". That's a 2# loss for me this week. You're right Carrie, we're soooo close to those 100s. I can't wait!

You know it sure has seemed like I haven't lost much this winter. But then I just went and added it all up....12 pounds down since January, in about 12 weeks. So, really, that's right on target of 1# a week. Too bad it comes in 2-4 pound spurts with long waits in between. Oh well....I guess I shouldn't worry so much. Relax. At this rate, I'll be well under 200# by swimsuit season.

Oh, I did get 4 points yesterday. So, I'm doing pretty well for the week.

Good to hear from you Kimmy....glad school is treating you well.

Sandy, sounds like you're really getting back on track......Way to go!

Single serving bags.......what a godsend! I've noticed my kids have gotten into the habit of grabbing a box of crackers and sitting on the couch to eat them. No wonder they're getting pudgy (well only one, really). So, now I'm making them take a handful and put them in a small desert bowl to bring to the living room. I hope they will get in that habit. It's amazing to watch someone else eat unconsciously......just shoveling in the food while their occupied watching tv or a video game. Truly amazing.

Well, not much else going on here....snow is melting slowly. Which means a less messy mud-season. Soon, I'll be *****ing about the blackflies! :lol:

Everyone have a great weekend! I have a performance on Sat. night....I'll post some pictures if I get any good ones.

Later babes,
Julie

gma22
03-26-2004, 11:05 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS SO FAR:

Faye :bravo:
Carri :dancer:

LBS DOWN THIS WEEK: Julie 2# You did a :goodscale :goodscale job!

I am up 2 but after last weeks 11 total, I am not freaking out. I have been going to the gym everyday and I have lately been watching myself in the mirror or the window and seeing what is "working" and I can see my problem area of my butt and upper legg muscles working so I know I am probably building muscle.

I am "cooking" my hair this morning. I was going to wait until closer to the time to leave on vacation, but decided to color it today so I only have a minute or so to talk right now.

**Did you ever think how hypnotic television really is? It is no surprise that we can stuff ourselves if we take a whole bag or box of something. For you older ladies, remember when we were kids? Our parents just didn't let us haul the box of whatever it was into the living room. Mom usually would fix bowls of ice cream or bowls of chips with drinks and hand them out. It is no wonder our kids have become lazy and fat. We are driving them to it by not insisting they get outside and play in decent weather, letting them veg in front of the tv or playstation constantly and eat the whole time they are doing it. I was rarely in the house even in bad weather we wanted to play outside. There is just entirely too many "lazy children" things to do in the house these days.** THANKS JULIE FOR BRINGING THAT TO LIGHT!

jloo1957
03-26-2004, 12:14 PM
:) hey everyone ...another 4 point day yesterday....had a great day of workout too...well,I am off to have lunch with my baby at school...later...joy

Satine
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Congrats Julie 208 is awesome !!!!! We are soon going to leave these 200 #'s way behind us.... :lol:

Yeah Faye I wouldnt beat myself up over 2 pounds up when you had such an amazing loss last week....you are doing great....

I have the day off today so I am meeting my dh and brother for lunch at Steak n Shake in about a half hour...I have been so good lately that I really, really want to pig out...I dont know what will end up happening at this point, I feel like a deserve a free day for being OP for almost a month, BUT also I am so close to 199 that I can feel it and I dont want to ruin that...oh well I guess we shall see what ultimate decision I make when I get there...I will let you all know...

Well I hope you all have losses to report and have a great day, YEAH its Friday!!!!!!!!

cat90
03-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Well Done Julie :cp:

No loss for me, i stayed the same and i'm happy not to see a gain :lol: i had a 4pt day yesterday and even managed to treadmill 2mls :) foot was twinging a bit but it held up fine. I'm making the mistake of coming online first thing in the morning tho' instead of exercising first :lol: it was 3pm before i got around to it yesterday :rolleyes: i'm going to do some at 9am this morning ;)

knobhdy
03-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Good morning ladies, (I know it is almost noon;))
Julie - Congratulation on your loss. (It feels so good to say that. I had a coworker loose a family member yesterday and well the word is having negative connotation right now.) Onederland is right around the corner. It seems so good to get there.

Me, I am doing all right. I didnít eat too much last night at dinner. Stayed under calories but I did manage to eat the minimum. Felt good. I almost didnít make it cause the FIL (almost) was late and I was so hungry cause I had not eaten my afternoon snack so I could eat at the restaurant. But I made it and was rewarded with fresh rolls, and pad thai (of which I only ate 1/3)
I am proud of me. (and it means I had a 4 point day, my first! The first of many!)

I just got back from the gym. Oh boy, am I tired. That makes three days this week. Unfortunately I had to skip lunch to go, so I had to eat my mid afternoon snack early and I will have lunch late. I can handle.

I hope you ladies all have a great day.

mscat816
03-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi Ladies! Was constantly on the run yesterday so I didn't get to post nor did I do much to pamper myself. Still a good day - stayed on my plan and exercised. Had trouble with my water - only got in 80 oz. :) My favorite Mary Kay quote is "Shoot for the moon. If you miss it, at least you will land amongst the stars!" :angel:

I am to weigh in with MWL this afternoon. I was not going to peek at the numbers but since it is pounds down day I am considering it. I feel really confident about it because I can feel loss of inches in my pants!
Julie - YGG! Congrats!!! I can't wait to get to the "0" s in the 200s again! :cheer: :cheer:
Knobhdy - good for you on your first 4 pointer!:encore:

I love the tips everyone on eating single servings instead of out of the box or package. I am constantly fussing - "Get a bowl or a plate!" I like the suggestion of pre-bagging serving sizes when the snacks are first purchased. I am writing a parenting book and I my model addresses discipline as being 50% prevention. Going to institute more "prevention discipline" for my family in the snack area! Have a great Friday!

mscat

KimmyAnn47
03-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi gals! Of course I HAD to come back and see if anyone replied to me!
Knobdhy- I would love to chat about Nursing School. Just finished my first term. It is really a lot of work, but I think anyone can do it if they want to. I had my BS in Biology when I decided to go into Nursing, I still had to do a year of science pre-requisites because I had never taken Anatomy and Phys. (that was 3 quarters long), Microbiology, or Intro to Statistics. And yes, I had had an advanced stats class but still had to take the intro one! It is a lot of hoops to jump through ( I also had to take cultural anthropology, human developement, interpersonal communications, nutrition etc etc etc before I could get in!) BUT-----I love the feeling that I will never be out of work once I am done! I am very happy that I decided to "go for it." Otherwise I might be spending the rest of my life stocking shelves at Barnes and Noble with my fellow college graduates! Very few degrees guarantee a good job these days. I am happy with my choice. I would love to hear from you!

Faye, your generosity keeps me coming back for more, thanks for checking in. Good luck with your kids. Sounds like you are fighting the good fight. I HATED it when my mom stopped getting involved in my decisions instead of giving me her opinion! That meant I had to take responsibility for my own life! I still hate it sometimes. But I don't abuse and blame her for my problems like I used to, a much healthier arrangement for all!

Buena suerte, todos!

Kim

gma22
03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Knobhdy :bravo:
Mscat :cp:

Kim: If people want another "write your ticket job" that is pharmacy. My future dil makes a bazillion dollars and went to work for a large department store chain and got 6 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Gotta go!

Faye ;)

mscat816
03-27-2004, 08:23 AM
I missed posting last night partly because I was a little bewildered about not having a weight loss for the entire week :?: I have worked very hard to stick to the plan, exercising everyday and drinking my water. I only missed my water goal one day by 20 oz. and I ate appropriately every day (until last night of course!).

I decided to weigh myself at home first before going to MWL. Good thing! If I had shown up there with 0lb loss - Hmmmmm! So I did not go. Later, that night I had 4 fig newtons and a rice cake with peanut butter :^: The rice cake is the first white processed food I have had all week!

After my a.m. exercise, I will probably go weigh in. Maybe I will lose a half a pound :lol: I refuse to let this get me down - at least I didn't gain. I can feel I have lost inches. Recorded my measurements for the first time in months yesterday. Can't wait to compare my inches loss next week. I will continue to follow the plan for at least two more weeks and only weigh in with them at the end of each week. Depending on how things go next Friday - I may have to reduce my stress about weigh-ins (they want me to weigh in at least 3 times a week) and do MWL at home or switch back to Body Maker.

Welcome back Kimmy! I admire your tenacity.

Have a GR8 Day, everyone!
mscat sw 238/cw228/gw140 mini gw - 210 by May Day

gma22
03-27-2004, 08:27 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday and our Sunny Thought Topic is "KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS" Do you have a funny kids story?

Good morning ladies and hope everyone is starting their weekend out well.

Here you go with my chuckle contribution. I think it is precious:

You'll Have to Milk Him! (this is a true story)

The scene: the diner, early one morning, with my 6-year-old, 4-year-old and 9-month-old sons.

The waitress comes over and asks the older two boys if she can take their little brother home with her. (Why do so many people ask this???)

Martin, the 4-year-old, looks at her very earnestly and says, "Well if you do, you'll have to milk him..."

She does a double-take, and asks what he said. "You'll have to milk him!" Martin replies. The waitress finally realizes what he means, smiles, and retreats.

Hope this one makes you smile and starts your day off now who else has something?

Mirabelly
03-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Morning ladies!

4 points for yesterday....woo hoo. I think I only had 2 off days this week, but I haven't really been keeping track. Performance tonight with one of my classes....they are so nervous! I hope they just remember to have fun. I got each of them a rose for tonight to make them feel special. It's so cool to see grown women, some of them in their 50's and 60's, learning to dance for the first time and actually having the nerve to get up and perform! It's really all about the sequins in the end!

MsCat--I would seriously question any weight loss program that wants you to weigh in more than once a week! Are they selling you anything?? Do you have to pay for the weigh ins?? Do any of their other clients weigh in that often with POSITIVE results?? With as much as you've been exercising, you know you're gaining muscle. You're not dehydrated, cuz you've been drinking your water....and most initial weightloss on these programs is due to dehydration. I'm really surprised that you seem to be getting so much negativity from them. Personally, I'd quit and just work at home. You can track your calories, exercise, nutrients and stuff for free at www.fitday.com . Lots of people here use it. And if you need advice or support, well that's what WE'RE here for! So, don't feel like you've done anything wrong.......you're doing things RIGHT! IF your program doesn't like it, then KISS OFF! (Well, that's my Humble opinion! :lol: )

As for "kids say"..........my 2 daughters are 1 year apart in age and very competitive with each other, especially the younger one who is a whiz at math. Well, when the older one was in Kindergarten and the younger was still at home they got into a screaming match over who was smarter. The younger would ask "what's 2+2?" and the older would answer "4"......"what's 3 +2?"......."5"........."oh YEAH?? What's 7 + BROCCOLI?" :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

I will never forget that!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Julie

cat90
03-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Another 4pt day for me :cp: and i managed to walk 3mls yesterday without the foot giving out ;) it feels good to treadmill again :D I've planned my meals for today and as long as i stick to it :lol: i'll be having approx 1400cal and 27g fat :) ( :sssh: i've even allowed myself 4 beers in that if i want them :lol: ) no doubt it will change as the day progresses :rolleyes: always does when i write it down.

mscat816
03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Having a great day. Decided not to bother with MWL weigh in, ever again! :cheer: I know I am making progress in spite of the iron monster. As my dd says, "I don't need their sass!" I am confident in going back to eating the amount of protien I know my body needs and drinking as much D :censored: water as I want! I am MAD about it (Motivated and Determined) and nobody or their scale is going to get in my way! :strong:
COMPLETED A 2 MILE TREADMILL WORKOUT IN 41 MINUTES THIS A.M :tread:
Normally I only workout for 20 - 22 minutes for a mile! Afterwards, weighed myself for the last time till next week and low and behold, I was 226!

Julie - Break a leg! :thanks: for your concern. MWL charges an up front fee for a determined number weeks of monitoring (min. 3 weigh-ins a week, BP and diary review) and bulk fees for supplying "nutrients" required with your plan. The nutrients have a chemical in them that helps facilitate weight loss. It has worked for quite a few people I know but does not have enough protein, has too many carbs, no group support sessions, and if you are not losing consistently - that weigh in is the pits. I am done with it!

Funny kid story - My youngest was about six and preparing her favorite dolls - Cabbage patch twins Ernie and Ralphie for church. They were quite grungy so I asked her to leave them at home. "Why, Mommie?" she implored. "Because they are dirty!" I snapped. She put her hands on her hips and with a 'shame on you, you should know better look, retorted',
"Mom, they are boys!"

Have a GR8 day. MsCat
sw238/cw226/gw140

gma22
03-27-2004, 04:04 PM
points points points:

good job ladies!

Hope everyone's afternoon is shaping up nice. We went to lunch and to Wallie's world and picked up some light bulbs for a night light to take with us, and Jack needed a glass case to take his regular glasses in. I cleaned the whole house and did all the laundry by 9 am this morning so I am free free free and we even packed some more so we are at about 95% now. Jack is down to counting hours. We are at 149 hours to go! :lol: The bad part is it will go really fast and we will be back home before you know it. That is how it always happens!

Everyone enjoy your afternoon and evening.

Julie: loved the story of your kids! Never count out the little ones!!!!

Faye ;)

cat90
03-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Just finished a 3ml walk :) and i'm now drinking a pint of water :angel: :lol:

MsCat, i watched "Taking it Off" this morning about a group of people in Canada following a weightloss program for six months..they are all on different diets and the guy that is on the medical one GAINED 2lbs at this weeks weigh-in :dunno: maybe you will be better off without it :D :goodluck:

gma22
03-28-2004, 08:03 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #61