South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Tuesday on The Beach - March 24

A quickie to start us up! I am seriously considering going back to bed. My sins of the weekend have caught up with me!

No fighting or loud laughing, please!

Catch you later.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:44 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies--

I'm all alone in the house this morning. Everyone except the fur/feather kids and I are gone. DD spent the night with her bf and dh left for work a couple hours ago. Feels strange...

Started my PT after work yesterday. Seems I have a sprain in my middle back. And I have no idea how I did it. The therapist did a heat treatment, then some massage and some manipulation, but couldn't get my spine to move much. I have an exercise to do for a week, then another session with him next Monday.

Did my usual 2 miles last night, so I'm feeling good about that. Haven't lost any more, though. I have a feeling I'll whoosh one of these days...I'm keeping toes crossed it's next week after Aunt Flo has come and gone.

You all have a great day on the Beach.

Mamacita
Old 03-23-2004, 07:11 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Wink

Morning chickies, hope all is well with everyone. It is beautiful and sunny here but cold. -22 brrr. Although the temp is susposed to go up this afternoon. I am in the spring cleaning mood. I did my bedroom and bathroom yesterday and today I am going to do the girls bedrooms. I am in the mood for spring. I however am off program. I am not really over eating but certainly not OP the stress of the last few weeks put me off and I have been carbing out and now I am craving more and more.. Someone want to reach out and shake me. I am not sure what is going on with the rest of you guys I really need to go back and read the posts. Take care chickies talk to you soon.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Ruthie, I hope you're having a good sleep.

Marmacita, take care of that back, hon. I hope it heals quickly!

Little Chick, do you have some sort of cleaning disorder?
It's the cold weather... that's why you're not OP. You should make up a big batch of cozy soup or chili and cozi up with some seed catalogues. Spring will be back soon. Come on... you can do this!

I'm going to the gym. Again. Did I tell you I have to go six days a week? I had my second session with my trainer yesterday, and it was a real workout session. When I got home, I could barely walk. I took a hot salt bath and flaked out on the couch. It's a good thing I'm paying for this... there's no WAY I'd be going back to the gym this morning, otherwise. I'd be doing what Ruth is doing. I think this guy is going to whip me into shape. He's also given me a meal plan. Anyone have any good recipes for tofu?

Have a great day, girls! love to all of you!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:52 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis I do have a cleaning disorder but please don't tell anyone. I have OBD. This time of year it is in full swing.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope you're feeling better after going back to bed. After last weekend I was at my lowest, seeing what a little cheating would do to me, but after going back to Phase I for a week, all the damage has been repaired. Hang in there, and you'll be as good as new!
Marmacita, have a fast recuperation.
Little chick, want to come and clean my house for me? Take a deep breath and get back on track, I enjoy reading your posts.
Ellis, I envy you working with a personal trainer! That's just what I could use, someone making me work out and telling me what to eat. The pounds are coming off, but I need to firm up.
Not doing much of anything today, I dusted the house and have a load of sheets in the wash. I have a lot I could do outside, but it's just too darned cold, and the wind is pretty nasty. We'll probably have a chicken stir-fry for supper. I have a lot of broccoli I should use up.
Have a good one everybody.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:17 AM   #7  

morning all.

ruth sounds like a great idea going back to sleep.

ellis- you mean to tell me you didn't set that trainer straight yet?? alright let him push you around a few more days then let him know who's boss

c'mon little chick you can do this!!! just remember a little carb goes a long way. sounds like you are working your butt off at home with the cleaning i wouldn't worry too much.

everyone else yet to post have a good one. i'm going to enjoy our rising temps today supposed to be 45 and sunny here. spring is on the way.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, an hour or so of reading in bed fixed me right up. I'm reading Alice Munro's "Love of a Good Woman". She's one of my favourite Canadian authors.

Danielle, I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. Yes, it's terrible when people do the money grubbing thing. I intend to spend every penny before I go!

Ellis, are you sure PT is Personal Trainer? Sounds like Personal Terrorist to me.

Jodi, send spring up this way, please. We have freezing temps to day, flurries predicted and another dusting of snow. Maybe I can pretend it's a dusting of apple blossom petals?

Mamacita, I sure hope today is better than yesterday for you. When the Whoosh Fairy shows up, could you please send her North?

Littel Chick, I can certainly relate to the carb cravings kicking back in. We both need to read the threads by chick on the beach and funfatchickmommy to get inspired again!

Bluegrass, Turkish delight is a sort of gumdrop like sweet that is dusted with icing sugar and cut into squares. Think of Jello fudge! The rcipe is definitely NOT SBD but I will share if you like - at Christmas!

South Dakota Chick, I sure would like to see Menopause, The Musical. I bet it was just hilarious. I must check it out to see if it will ever come to Canada!

Sweetie and Crystal, I looked into the shock collar to stop my Girls from needless barking and chickened out. I got the one that sprays citronella ....and it doesn't do a darn thing. hersh just looks around for oranges. I may invest in the shock one now that I know it's not too mean. I really am a believer of gentle training but sometimes....anyhow, they wouldn't know it was me zapping them!

Onebusymomma, you are well-named! It's nice to see you back and posting.

Bamiegirl, sounds like you have some interesting times coming. Tell that guy of yours to enjoy the glory! And you can take part of the credit for being such a good wifey!

Big hugs and waves to those I've missed. I hope the new folks start posting in here too. Are we scary? NOT!

Old 03-23-2004, 09:13 AM   #9  

Default 'mornin!

Hi All!
Just a quick post...work as been hellaceous...I think my boss is the .
But I just wanted to say come on chickies..let's all get back on track...Spring is here & summer is not far off....shorts..bathing suits EEKKKKKKK! We can do it! Let's have an OP day!
Jan
Old 03-23-2004, 09:29 AM   #10  
Strong not Skinny

G'morning chickies. I too have been OP (off plan unfortunately) not bad, but exactly how much sugar free candy can a girl consume without losing the benefit of sugar free? If its over 5 pieces of chocolate pecan crunch well, I'm done. But that malitol or whatever it is KILLS my belly, but my tastebuds say more, more more....good thing I ate it all so there's no temptation this day. Ricotta cheese for breakfast, doesn't that sound delish? Just couldn't do the egg thing. I too am spring cleaning, supposed to be 65 today, time to throw open the windows and freshen up the place. Have a great one girls.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #11  

Hello

This morning big security alert on the trains, Paddington station closed for three hours and all the tubes around disrupted and the road closed. Why? Because someone had left a briefcase on platform six. The bomb disposal people found that it contained a mobile phone and presumably a sandwhich and a copy of the Daily Telegraph. For heavens sake. But better safe than sorry. We all think London is in line for a big attack, (although the IRA have been keeping everyone on their toes for the last thirty years so good old British stoicism tends to rule the day).

The reason I tell you is that I work near Paddington and ended up being late late late.

But at least I got there in one piece as did my client

Nothing much of interest in my life. Nice to get everyone elses news. I have to say, Ellis, I am impressed with the six days a week thing, and somewhat envious of the whipping.

xx
Old 03-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Really, Chicks, you do make me laugh!! I came in to work this morning, and there was a LARGE cup a joe on my desk! My coworker wanted to send an extra thanks for watching her pup, who now is depressed because he misses us. teehee. I miss him, too!! All three of us (Jorge, Noodles, and I) were in bed last night just kinda sad that the little ewok wasn't there...

Today has been in OP day so far! Who is this OP person?? It's me! Finally! (Although, there is some mac n' cheese slated for dinner... ) Just a quickie today... gotta get some summer stuff done... My senile boss is freaking out about everything today, so it's more senility patrol...

Ruth- re: the collar. If Noodles could put her little paw to her brow and speak in a Blanche DuBois manner, she would. You would think we were trying to kill her. I must say, though, I think this will really be beneficial. Since Noodles ate a citronella plant last year, I didn't think that would be a wise choice for us....

Tootles, ladies, have a GREAT day!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon Chicks!!

Today was my first HIIT session (High-Intensity Interval Training) and also Tuesday's and Thursday's have been designated as lower body weight training days. Dont I deserve a day off?? My husband doesnt think so. I did enjoy going bowling this morning w/ him, havent been in years and thinking of joining a league again. (Need more practice though!) I wonder if bowling is considered exercise?

Clovey, that sounds scary! I'm glad things turned out ok!

Ellis, a PT sounds wonderful!!! Lucky gal!! (Is he cute?)

Everyone, I so enjoy reading your posts! We have a great bunch here! Have a wonderful day all!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox
Traci
Old 03-23-2004, 02:49 PM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Wink

Well it seems there are a lot of foot prints in the sand today! I just got home from the girl day with dd and mil. It was good. OP lunch out. It was hard to find something though cause they have a lot of bread and pasta meals. So I went with the sirloin and steamed broc. I was not real impressed with the I-Max Nascar movie. It was more of a documentry type thing than just racing on the track which is what I wanted to see. Oh well now sweat atleast now I know. I got an email this morning from my bio. dad's daughter. Yea I guess you could say my sister but anyway she said she would really like to get to know me and have a sister relationship with me. I'm really glad to hear that. I guess the loss of our brother really got her to thinking about family. Not real sure I just hope she really does mean it. Well it sounds like most of us are doing o.k.

GavinsMom I love to bowl. Don't do it much anymore since my back surgery and now the knee.

Crystal I should have gotten a shock collar for my ds when he was smaller!

Clovey glad to hear all is well in your part of the world.

Sweetie that's why I don't even bother buyin those things cause I can't eat just one!

Jan hang on girl! You'll get him straightened out one day!

Mamacita take care of that back!

LilChick girl just pick yourself up by the boot straps and say I've come to far to turn back now! We're here for ya girl!

Ellis You go girl! Whew that's alot of workin out! You'll be slim and trim in no time!

Justjodi we'll wait to see how long it takes Ellis to set her PT straight!

Cottagebythesea it is chilly here today as well. It would not be so bad if the wind was not blowing so hard. It is supposed to be 62 here today.

If I missed anyone and I'm sure I did have a great day and stay in it!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #15  

Hello everyone. I took my religion test last night and didn't do very well at all. We spend the whole class period talking about other subjects so the tests are always on material from the book that we never touched on. Its very frustrating. Last night we were supposed to be learning about Shinto and it was pretty much a movie review about anti-Semetism (sp?). We don't even cover Judism until next week. Ugh. I'm starting to think I should just skip class and take that 3 hours to read the textbook.

I'm going to cheer myself up today with a much needed haircut and coloring. I do it myself so its always a surprise when its done. I have short kind of spikey hair so its kind of fun to just randomly cut. Since spring is here, I'm going to add some bleach blond highlights. Worst case senerio being if its too short, I let it grow and if the color isn't right I can redo it tonight.

I really need to exercise today too. I'll either do a ballet or Pilates DVD or maybe just free weights and squats as I'm waiting for my hair to dye. Off I go, have a great day.
Closed Thread