Support Groups - Chit Chat #38

View Full Version : Chit Chat #38

fropvd
03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Hello and welcome to all newcomers as well as the old friends. :) We are a very chatty group who support each other in the ups and downs of our path to a strong, fit and healthy body.

Given that Spring is supposedly here and its below zero tonight in the northeast, I figured I would toss in a request for warmer weather prayers...at the very least lets chip in and buy Old Man Winter a train ticket to South America. :D

fropvd
03-23-2004, 12:35 AM
BTW, if we could leave the thread title as is, I would greatly appreciate it...I REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the numbered threads. I know we are all a smart bunch of cookies, so we can figure out that the spring thread is the current thread. :)

da fat n da furious
03-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Good evening ladies

I told another friend of mine about this place...her name is Becky. I worked with her at Pennington's and hopefully she got the job at BDL with me! Shes great, she too is a WW person.

Kathy, Im from Sylvan...but born and raised in the NWT. Monte worked for Highway 9 for a short period between Dairyland and McGavins...he moved us to Calgary for Westons.
I got alot of family in Edmonton,,,if ever you want a really funky hairstyle let me know...my cousin Tanyia is in Edmonton. Worth the drive.

What an insane day...cleaned as much as I could this morning before work. Then work was OMG (help me) busy. I got a 10 min break the whole day. Must of known subconciously that the realitor would be by today,,,and she was...thank goodness I cleaned. WEnt to my chiropractor...ahhhh he used the big massager...let me tell you that was close to obscene as I can get with him...lol

Kaycee, Don the eye DR is weird shaped...hes shorter then me,,,with this HUGE head. Not at all proportioned to his body. And i think hes gets a kick out of tormenting me with this one machine...I can't rest my chin on the thingy...my ummm chest is in the way so I look really dumb trying to STRETCH my neck to get close enough for him to look into my eyes.

So Kat can you rest a bit after all those late night homeworks?

I have to take Brandon to the Podiatrist...he has this *gag really bad ingrown toenail and really sore ankles...from being flat footed.

Well I need to get to bed...
ta ta everyone
Angie

da fat n da furious
03-23-2004, 01:25 AM
me me me do ray me fa so la tea do.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHHH DAYYY TO SSSSSSSSUUUUSANNNNN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

:hb: :gift: :cb: :flow1: :dancer: :queen: :wizard: :balloons: :encore: :cheers: :cheer: :coffee2: :high: :cloud9: :jig: :wave:

LOVE ANGIE AND DA BOYS...AND SKITTLES

Marti
03-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Hello ladies--

Been kicked off the computer the last couple days...James bought a DVD burner and video capture card so we could transfer out video's onto DVD's. That's going to be cool. So every time I would get on the computer I would have to log off. So that's where I have been. (he's at work now and Jhanai is in bed, so I have time before I hit the hay)

I have lost track who all said who and after a couple days of being away it's hard to keep up!! Crazy!

My weekend was pretty good. James and I finally borrowed a lawn mower.. I now don't have to worry and hide my self in shame!! Plus....we don't lose our dogs in the back yard!! (well, most of it anyway.....)

I went and bought Jhanai a dress the other day, and some shoes. She looks so cute!! Now...if only men could wear dresses, then I could find James a really cute one since they're on sale everywhere!! :lol:

I better get myself to sleep. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Let you know I'm still around....although I may not be after Wednesday....I have to go celebrate that I'm married!!! ;)

Night ladies...
And I will try to post tomorrow.

Marti

Jane
03-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Good morning ladies!

Kat - thanks for starting the new thread! And no, we don't have to number them. Someone did comment that they like the numbers, so if they are used in the future, just grin and bear it. I also like them, because it gives a history, sort of, of how far the Jaded Ladies have come. Maybe we can compromise and use "spring # whatever..."

Angie - hope your friend Becky joins us.... just be sure to warn her how crazy it is in here! Oh, a massage sounds so good! Any nibbles on the house? Any nibbles on you from the masseuse, lol?

Marti - ohmygosh, you have to be getting so excited!! I'm sure James will be very handsome in whatever he wears, but I'm hoping it won't be a dress, lol. What does Jhania's dress look like? I thought of you and Shanna when I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday, looking at scrapbook stuff.

Susan - it seems strange to come here in the morning and not see a post by you.... hope all is well!

We brought my 9 y/o nephew home with us yesterday from Evansville. He is on spring break, and loves to visit here because we aren't real picky what he eats or how often he bathes.

I really, really have to think about cleaning up this house! It needs swept and dusted and put back in order! My priorities have changed, though, and having fun instead is ....well.....more fun, lol.

ttfn,
Jana

luckycharm
03-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone.

Just thought I would pop in quick and wish everyone a great day.

Susan Happy birthday to you also.
Angie wow you sound great, just like Cristina Aguelara (sp?)

Have a super day everyone.

Kayecee
03-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Good News= I am on a trial that's gonna last a week so I don't have to go back to the pit of evil until next week! :D Bad News= Oh wait, there ain't any bad news!!!!! :D

Susan- Well, I'd sing Happy Birthday to ya, but I don't wanna scare the dogs. :eek: I'll just quietly say Happy Birthday! :gift: We have a place near Hardy that we go to every chance we get. It's about a hundred acres. We have a small camper up there and we go hunting, fishing, four-wheeler riding, hiking, etc. Absolutely love it. To look at this big old woman, you wouldn't think she's an outdoors type. :o Where are you this morning? It seems weird that you haven't posted yet.

Kat- See... told ya you'd do fine. (Although I must say you're probably gonna have a great garden this year from all the BS you're probably slinging around! :lol: Nothing like panic to get the old adrenaline and BS gland going! :lol: ) Glad you were able to throw together your questionaire. You'll do just fine today. Good luck on this one too!

Jana- Glad you had fun. A strawberry slushie shouldn't be too bad. I agree that you should postpone that nasty old housework just as long as possible and enjoy yourself. :coffee:

Cristi- Yeah, I really like the McCain Mall. That's the one we were going to go to before we changed our mind. We'll probably go there when school gets out for the summer. It is usually quiet and it's really easy to get to from my house. You don't have to go uptown into all that horrible traffic. :D

Angie- Egads! Eye doctor.... podiatrist... chiropractor.... are you trying to land a rich doctor or something? (If you are trying to dump the current DH, I wonder who is gonna get custody of the free beer?!? :?: LOL Boy, that's gonna be one nasty custody battle! Don't worry though- I'll testify on your behalf. :crazy: ) Are you sure Becky knows what she's getting into over here? :lol: Tell her to come on over.

Marti- Sure...... you've been having computer problems, huh? ;) We all know you've been practicing for the honeymoon! :o *snicker* And.... uh.... James is cute and all.... but really hon.... with those hairy legs.... well, just try to keep him out of a mini skirt! :fr: (You do know he's gonna be a widower before he's even married cuz he's gonna kill ya if he sees these posts! :lol: )

Before I get off here, I simply must know: HOW'S FREDDIE?!? *sniff*

Tim took Vallory to the babysitters and my SIL took Landon to school so I have an extra hour and half this morning! Woo Hoo! :coffee: Gonna go eat a bagle and drink some coffee! Later girlies!

Kayecee
03-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Kathy- Sorry I missed you! :o I really think with Angie's hair, she's probably closer to Pink than Christina! :D (FYI for those who don't know Pink- She is a singer whose hair is a bright pink color.) I thought Angie sounded absolutely marvelous. What are you gonna be doing today? Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

And HI :wave: to anyone else I missed!

Jane
03-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Ok, even if it is a couple of days early, I'll jump on the band wagon, too.

:dance: :balloons: :cp:Happy Birthday Susan!! :cp: :balloons: :dance:

Kathy - hope you have a great day, too. When you want to fill out a bio, we'd love to know more about you. :)

Kayecee - you make the third Jaded Lady to be in court recently. And I was there for 2 seperate things! Here come da judge, here come da judge - rememebr Laugh In? Sammy Davis Jr in the powdered wig?? Btw, I went to DWLZ and checked out the slushie - it was 6.5 points. And worth every one!

bbl,
Jana

FrouFrou
03-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

I was a little confused with the title of the thread this morning, but then it is early for me and I haven't had my diet coke. :dizzy: I must say-I still prefer the Chit Chat #__. I am totally with Jana on this that the numbers are kind of a history. Hmmm, maybe we all should take a vote on a whether we need a new title or not w/numbers of course?? What do you think about that Jana? Even though I am used to Chit Chat-it is short and to the point. :D

Kat~see my pm about the title. Glad you made it through yesterday.

Jana~I don''t blame you for putting off the house work. Why do housework when you can have fun?! It is supposed to be nice here today-74 but the wind is supposed to be blowing about the same-74 mph! Okay, maybe not 74 mph but pretty close. It makes it really hard to walk out doors.

Marti~2 days to go, well actually one.

Susan~okay, since everyone else is sending B-Day wishes I will too-a very
:gift: :hat: :hb:HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY to you!! :hb: :hat: :gift: Hope your day is a special one-Thursday.

Kayecee~I was supposed to do jury duty many years ago in LA-ummm, no thanks! I got out of it by saying someone else depended on me for childcare-which they did but could have gotten out of it. Hey, Pink doesn't have pink hair any more-she went black last I saw, I think it is dark brown now. I kind of liked the pink on her and it fit her. I always thought that was why she named herself pink because of her hair but that wasn't it at all.

Angie~sounds like you are liking your new job-which is good. How is the new house coming along? Any potential buyers for yours?

Hiya Kathy & everyone else I missed :wave:

I couldn't sleep this morning for some reason, woke up at 5 am. Rolled around till a little before 7 and thought I might as well get up. The construction is going to start in a few and they are going to wake me up anyway. I got up and they didn't show up! Figures. Oh well, I like to get an early start to my day and need to start getting up this early every morning. I just don't know what to do with myself. :dunno: Well, there is scrapbooking to do, reading, walking, etc...

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day! See ya later...:wave:

FrouFrou
03-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Someone (Jana?) mentioned to Kathy about her bio-just wanted to let ya know she has done one. I posted after her...

Jane
03-23-2004, 10:58 AM
:cp:YAY!!!! :cp: I'm glad to see the thread name changed back, Cristi, and totally agree that we were doing fine with the Chit Chat # ___! If there is to be a change, we should all vote on it! Personally, my vote is for keeping it the way it is - it's short and to the point.

Jana

FrouFrou
03-23-2004, 11:27 AM
and my vote also is to keep things as they are. :D

Jana~I remember Sammy Davis JR-here come da judge...I was watching, I think E!, and they were talking about Goldie Hawn and a lot about Laugh In-I watched that show all the time. :lol:

I swear I am getting off this :comp:, really. ;)

Marti
03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Wow!! Were you all on at the same time?? I feel like I'm getting behind! And that NEVER happens!!!! :D

TOMORROW is my day!! Can you believe it? Ok you all may believe it but I'm having a hard time that my Spring Break is flying by awfully fast!!

Today I have to do the laundry and "kind of" get the house in order. Kind of meaning....I'm really not into doing that right now but it needs done,,,,so I may only do it half-a$$@# today!

I also have to go and talk to my advisor today about getting enrolled for next term. Why would she pick this day?? Actually, she doesn't know I'm getting married so that may be the reason why.

I would do individuals but you girls are all yappin away so happily I thought I would just wait until I actually have time to catch up on all my reading.

Ok...I got to get my day started. Oh....as far as the title goes...it doesn't matter to me, but it does help me see where we're at when I see "chit chat # whatever we're on."

Maybe Kat, you can post a few different titles you would like to see and then we can do a vote.....some sort of poll. (I've never done one of those!) We'd like to see EVERYONE here happy.

Ok....off I go girls

Hello to you all!!

Marti

BTW... Kathy...so glad to see you posting!! I'm glad you decided to join us.

Mom2Gaby
03-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Good Morning,

I need to head out for a walk. Yesterday was especially stressful with taking Rachel to the DR. She is never sick and trip to the DR is upseting to her.
She is 5'5, an each taller then mom.......I don't know how much she weighs, she wouldn't tell me.
Anyway, need to get her optical appt made.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday, Angie. I am holding on to 39 until Thursday though!!!!!!!!!!! I ain't turning 40 yet..........geesh........lol

You are so sweet.

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, Marti. The weather up here is sunny and bright. Hope the same is for you down south?? How is Shanna?? Miss hearing from her.

My lil vote is that I prefer Chit Chat #.......just seems easier, not that I really think about it...lol.

Ok, I best go for my walk. I am going to a real estate seminar on Thursday, going to cost $500 or so for the schooling....yikes.

Also , need to make candles with Becky for her school project.

Spent last night writing to Alex,see if he come through on his flowers........not that I wanted them. Just like to see if he sticks to what he says...........lol, ain't I a toughie??

K- best get

ttfn

fropvd
03-23-2004, 02:35 PM
First of all, important things forst--HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Now, as to thread title, rather than take up a lot of space here, I posted a seperate thread for discussion. I have to say that I was pretty miffed to see the title change again on me but we can discuss it there.

I think I'm going to go journal right now, because I'm in a foul mood now and need to do some venting. Meanwhile, I wish you all the best--hopefully it'll warm up a bit soon so we can get outside and enjoiy some mood elevating sunshine.

*off to wash scrubs for the hospital and a journal visit*

Mom2Gaby
03-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey Again........

I just did my walk, so posted that in the 21 day challenge. Almost done with my first 33oz. ....er... lol

I am reading Courage to Start, recommend it....even if you aren't interested in running, applies to a lot of things.Bingham writes for Runner magazine and the first time he tried to run he didn't even make it to the end of his driveway.......lol,thought it was funny.

Also, was talking with my friend/co worker last night and she use to run.She said she would run with me when I am ready.She also mentioned that my skin and hair seemed healthier.....

I know...........me,me,me...........but. :)

It is the water intake. I have beem drinking 60 oz's plus the last 6 weeks, plus stopped soda's. ......even my nails are healthier looking.

Ok, now we are going to make candles ((wicks)) and build a town meeting place........small scale, not like out in the yard. Though Gaby might like that...lol

Going to venture into Michaels!!!! Feeling so brave, hope it isn't addictive or anything........

TTFN :)

Jane
03-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow, I've been here alot today, with all the "discussion" going on...

Marti - do I have to tell you how much happiness I wish for you and James? I sincerely hope, from the bottom of my little ol' fat heart, that your wedding is all you want it to be, but more importantly, that your Marriage is, too. I'll be thinking about you and your little family all day tomorrow. May God Bless.....

Susan - good luck with the candle making with Becky. That sounds like fun! I think you would be really good at real estate, with your personality. No, you are not being tough with Alex - this is the time to make sure he is a man of his word, right? 5'5"? For some reason, I thought you were 5'10".... boy do I have you confused with someone else!!

Kat - hope you are in a better mood now and that you got your scubs washed.

Well, I've done a lot better today with my points! And I've chosen healthy foods, which includes my Vitamin C, by the way. I gave Katie and Zane (my visiting nephew) some $ so they could go to town and have a little fun. ... and so I could have some peace and quiet, lol!

The weather has really warmed up, so I'm off for a walk...

TTFN,
Jana

da fat n da furious
03-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Susan am I really a couple of days early? I used a prompter to let me know of when your birthday is and it said it was today...geesh can't trust technology.

Thanks Kathy I do like Christina ...and I do like Pink too...I think I act like Pink. And could handle looking like either. I love Christina's song Beautiful...

Well off to voice lessons...lol
ta ta
Angie

Mom2Gaby
03-23-2004, 07:02 PM
lol

You used a prompter to tell you?? If you asked me I could have told you Angie......39 for a few more hours. That was extremely sweet of you though!!!!
I was excited about turning 40 but last night I had a moment of being scared.

Hi, Jana,,,,,,,,thanks. I am really a pretty quite person but do have a *passion* for Alex........I mean real estate. Ok, I am in a good mood!!

I drank all my whadder, feel like celebrating......

I am only 5'4, Rachel is 5'5. I keep shrinking.lol

We have yet to go to Michaels because Becky is being naughty. Now it is if she behaves we will go tomorrow. She has been very cranky and I am pmsing.....terrible combo to be out in public- lol-........someone is bound to be taken away by the police in handcuff's.

Yes, he did offer flowers.I don't want some fickle man.....his first *test* he just doesn't know it.....lol.

I am taking Gabster to grandma's for the evening. Need to decide what is for dinner....

ttfn :)

fropvd
03-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Blargh...I can't have PMS again....I only stopped bleeding last week.

On a positive note, I just got back from THE best chinese place I've ever been to...sushi and seshwan (how you spell that I'll never know) dumplings. Yum.

FrouFrou
03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Good evening ladies~

Just a quikie here-I too have been on this :comp: too much today. That's what happens when you get up too early. :)

Marti~you must be so very excited!!! Tomorrow is the BIG day!! Many good wishes for you and James on your special day-I hope it is perfect! :goodluck: Here's to a lifetime of happy memories. :cheers: Did you tell us what time you are getting married?? Well, have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Kat~hope you are feeling better.

Susan~how did the dr.s visit go with Rachel? Don't you just love Spring Break! ;) Keeping my fingers crossed that Alex is a man of his word. :crossed:

Jana~can't remember did you say how old your nephew Zane, is??

Angie~I like Christina's song Beautfiul also-the CD is quite good I must say.

Okay, was supposed to be a quickie. I am outta here for the night ladies. Hope EVERYONE has a great evening, what's left of it. :grouphug:

Marti
03-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi ladies--

One more post for the night......or maybe another later tonight.

Tomorrow at 11:00 I will be getting married!! I'm wondering now we got it so early in the day!!! But I'm very excited. I think I just may wet my pants!!! :lol: (just kidding....I'm not that excited....but pretty close)

My grandparents are all happy for us. They just think it's the greatest thing that we're getting married tomorrow. It will be their 47th Anniversary. I will have to remember to get them an Anniversary Card!!!

Ok...I have got to catch up on laundry and dishes!! When did all that pile up on me??????

Take Care
Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Hi,

Just popping in for a second.

Thanks for the time Marti!! Now at 11am we can all whoop and holler.......lol

Hope you feel better, Kat. You never said if you were all done with your homework??

Thanks Cristi!!! I received your card in the mail today!! Very sweet and certainly was a welcome surprise. :) Very thoughtful, thanks.

So, if he ends up not sending flowers what do I do with him?? He shouldn't have said anything.I don't even really like flowers in a vase, I kind of like them in the ground, in a garden.
I should have asked for a pack of flower seeds?? lol
He sounded tired today.He has allergies and such,works hard it seems.

Rachel and her appt??? She got 1 Hep shot and a blood sample taken.She needs to drink more milk and take vitimins,that was basically that, lasted an hour.She fussed all morning though...lol- geesh......

I ended up having a Burger King chicken ceaser salad. I came home and put low fat cottage cheese on it , instead of dressing, not much to it , really.It did have some white cheese in it and I must say the chicken was really good.

Ok, off to get the Gabster.Can't wait until Thursday when I get another 4 day weekend!!!! YAY :)

SqueakMouse
03-24-2004, 03:17 AM
:D Howdy All!!! I thought I would do a quick pop in before I go to bed. I got to get my beauty sleep before my big day as a witness tomorrow. Of course I don't want to look to good and show up the beautiful bride Marti. Not that I ever could, she is a very beautiful lady, inside and out. I think I may be more excited than her and james are for the big day. I have my balck and white film ready and an extra one use camera for some color shots. I told Marti that I have all these ideas for shots ( the artist in me) and they are going to take some pictures and like it. hee hee. I won't be too drill sergeant Shanna, but I want some nice pics for my album and my scrapbook and I will not be denied!! :devil: :drill: heehee. Sorry, I am just so happy for her and I get all giddy and emotional. I hope I don't cry. :^:

Susan: I guess I will have to be the hundreth person to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!! Enjoy the day. Remember.. Age is only a state of mind. We are as young as we feel. Anywho, congrats on the weight loss and sticking to your eating regime. I think that is awesome that people can have such will power. Maybe someday I can get with the program, who knows.

Angie: Hey, I like Pink and Christina as well. I think Christina is the best out of the three pop princesses that came out. First Christina for voice, then Jessica simpson for looks and last Brittany for being pathetic. Can anyone tell i can't stand Brittany Spears. Plus she is beautiful and I hate her for that too. Grrrrrr. I Absolutely LOVE Pink!!! If I were a Lesbian, which I am not, nor never will be, I would go after her. She is amazing. Her voice rocks, her attitude is awesome ( kick butty attitude) and she is pretty. I wish I had some talent to make up for my looks. But I guess you have to be happy with what you are given. I just ahven't got to that place yet. Hee hee I better get off my soap box now. :o :soap:
Kayecee: Hey girl , where are you?? Question: I went to the photo thread and didn't see your picture posted. Was wondering if I hit a wrong button or something. Just wanted you to know so maybe you could fix the computer glitch. :D
Jana: Hello there long time to talk. I get so lost in all your guys posts and have not idea what to say to you. So for now I will just say I am so proud of you for doing so well in you weight loss goals. I think it is wonderful, even though you are a beautiful person just the way you are. I hope the rest of the week treats you good. later gator.
To all the rest I missed, wishing you all a wonderful wednsday and if I have time tomorrow with all the excitement, I will check back with everyones lifes.
Chow for now.
I guess this really didn't turn out to be a quick post like I thought. Darn me and my chatterbox ways!!!!!!!!!Just feel lucky that marti is the only one who has to deal with this in person. The poor woman!!! :lol:

Katiecat
03-24-2004, 03:37 AM
But I had to come on and say:

Congratulations Marti and James!!! :flow1: :cheers: :flow1: We can't wait to see pics, Marti, but I guess we'll have to wait and let you do that honeymoon thing ;) We wish you all the best :D

Susan, Happy B-day! :hb: (Trust me, that's health food cake -- made with plain yogurt and fat-free cream cheese in the frosting...) This last year was my 40th - we women get better and smarter as we get older :encore:

Kat, I saw you posting about corned beef. I love corned beef and red potatoes and carrots, :T but I sure hate cooked cabbage :eek: My husband has a superstition about cabbage and makes me eat it on New Year's Day. He says it brings money. :lucky: I don't know if that's true, but anytime we get money, he says, "See, it's because we ate cabbage on New Year's Day!" I once had a cat that ate potato peels and grapes, but my cat Chloe won't eat anything except dry kitty crunchies and sometimes grass.

Alright ladies, have a good night, and I'll see you soon...

Katie

Kayecee
03-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Woo Hoo! Congratulations Marti and James! :dance: (Thanks for the PM about the location Shanna- I'll be there at 10:30 with the cool whip, condoms, and saran wrap! Ooooooo..... that sounds kinda kinky. Down Marti! They're for the car- not you! :lol: ) On our wedding day, my SIL and a friend stood outside blowing up condoms like balloons to tape them all over the car. After several cars went by honking, they came to the horrific realization that they were standing on church steps with condoms in their mouths so I know there were rumors afterwards. :lol:

I don't have time for individuals today. Don't blame ya though Susan- hang on to that 39 for dear life! :D And Shanna- I swear I have tried to download pictures of my kids to Yahoo. It says that the download is complete, then I check and the album is empty. :shrug: I'm going to check and see if hotmail has anything like the yahoo albums, but with jury duty, I probably won't get to until the weekend. Well da judge is gonna send the bailiff after me if I don't get my rear in gear. Have a nice day chickies! :wave:

Jane
03-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Good morning ladies!

Mrs. D - my thoughts are with you on your Big day today, especially at 11 AM.

Shanna - you go ahead and cry if you want to. I almost always cry at weddings even if I barely know the couple. Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words!! Stuff like that means a lot...

Cristi - Zane is 9 and a good kid. His mom will be picking him up tonight.

Susan - glad you and Becky didn't go to Michaels - I'd hate for yet one more Jaded Lady to be in court, lol. Why does Rachel need a hepatitis shot??? Hope it isn't serious!

Kat - glad you enjoyed your dinner out.

Katie - we always eat cabbage on New Year's Day, too. I put it in my vegetaable soup, so you can barely taste it anyway, lol. But I'm too superstitious to not eat it, lol.

Kayecee - cool whip, condoms, and saran wrap....hmmm... you're ready for anything today, aren't you? What will da judge think???

I am using Katie's computer in her room today and do NOT like it! Mine is slow, but this one is even worse. I guess I'm gonna have to take the laptop to the 'puter doctor, Cha-ching!

I am doing really well with my points. (Except for the slushie) Tonight is baked Italian Ziti - yum. I will be filling up on veggies.

BBL,
Jana

Marti
03-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say "Thank You" to all you special ladies for wishing me the best.

It is raining outside.....good luck I hear.

Plus, when I went to check my scrapbooking show this morning, it was all about weddings.....how bizarre is that?

Take Care
Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Morning,

Along with everyone many blessings on your first day as Mrs.James D, Marti!!

So happy for you both :)

Love the idea of black and white pictures, Shanna. Enjoy the day, sure it will be something to remember for a long time.

Woke up to rain drops but the sum is out now, maybe the sun rays will make it down south before 11am??

Thanks Katie & Kayecee....I am holding on to 39 as long as I can. I feel old Katie, that is what 40 makes me feel.......lol j/k

Umm, think the Hep shot was just routine, Jana. I work tonight and get a long weekend, hope to make a trip to the beach. I thought of you while I ate my cracked wheat bread & peanut butter this morning!!!! I think the bread was 110 cal and 20 g of carb.......I had 2 slices, just tooooooo good to pass up.

Taking the Missus Rebecca to Michaels, ........blah,,,,,,,need to find a water bottle, I left mine at work last night.

Hi Rita, Kat,Skew,Kathy,Angie,.....think,think,think....Cri sti!!! Geesh....how are you today?? :)

We are waiting for Becky!! :)

I better get.....the girls give me the evil eye.

Congratulations Marti & James!!!!! :)

TTFN

fropvd
03-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Alas, no, I'm still drowning with work. I got about half of it done though. I need to take another online exam, but can't do it right now as I am posting from the hospital and would probably be interrupted to care for a patient--not a good combination with a timed exam.

I'm actually going to take a leave of absence for a while because I really need to focus on the next 45 days or so...I would love to hear from folks though, so feel free to drop me a pm and I'll send you my email address.

Susan--enjoy that birthday!

Marti--likewise, have a fabulous wedding, and even better honeymoon, and the best possible life ever after with James. :D

da fat n da furious
03-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Shanna TAKE LOTS OF PICS....we can't be there in person so...you got to make us feel like we were there with your pics...no pressure really.

CONGRATS MARTI AND JAMES!!!

big hugs
Angie

da fat n da furious
03-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I had my voice lesson yesterday I learned a new song that I totally love...
Dream a little Dream of me.

Last nights dress rehearsal was insane!...lol The only good thing that came of it was a song that Rachel,,(costume designer in this play) and I both were singing and we didnt' sound bad at all. We have decided to sing it at the next Cabaret. Its Raining Men.
Well I need to get Brandon up and out of the house to get his toe done...*gag and some inserts fitted.
chow
Angie

FrouFrou
03-24-2004, 03:19 PM
First off I would like to say CONGRATULATION'S Mr. & Mrs. James D!! Have the best day ever James and Marti! And a very HAPPY 47th ANNIVERSARY to your grandparents! :cheers:

Shanna~yes, please do take lots of photo's.

Angie~I love both those songs! It's Raining Men cracks me up but I like it and Dream a Little Dream is so nice. It would be nice to see you perform. Hope everything goes well with Brandon's toe.

Jana~I bet Zane had a lot of fun at your house. Hope nothing serious is wrong with your puter and you are right cha ching! We had to take our old one in several times. Never did take it in for the pink screen. Still going strong just has the pink screen.

Susan~Hey 40 is not bad at all. I never felt anything about turning 40-didn't matter to me, just a bunch of numbers. You are as old as you feel and believe me 40 is not old! And you definitely look good for being 40 tomorrow. I think kids keep us feeling young. Have a fun day at Michael's.

Katie~cabbage on New Year's?? Hmmm, I have never heard that one. Have you or hubby ever had fried cabbage?? I love it! :T DH hates cabbage so I don't make slaw, cabbage rolls or anything with cabbage in it. Anyway, around here and in AR they say you are supposed to have black-eyed peas on New Years and my mother swears by it. I don't know where that one originated from but I know she has done it since I was little. I have a few times. Did you enjoy your week off?

Kayecee~condoms, cool whip and saran wrap...hmmm, not sure I want to know. ;)

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Hi to Kathy, Rita, Kat...why do I always feel as if I am missing someone?

Well, I have deemed this Wal-Mart Wednesday. Seems the last few months I have been doing my shopping on Wednesday mornings. Glad that is over-just don't care for shopping anymore. Unless of course it is at the scrapbook store. :p I am always in a mood to go there. It actually wasn't so bad this morning. Normally when the kids are out of school the stores are horrible-full of bratty kids running through the aisles screaming. I end up leaving with a headache. I don't know why it is no where else but there that this happens. Anyway, making a trip to Home Depot and SAMS when Vince gets home. I quit stocking up on food which was a habit that stemed from living in CA and waiting for the BIG one to happen. I have been buying what I need for the week and a little extra but nothing like before, except water. We don't go to SAMS as much so I do stock up on the bottled water. Mainly stuff like laundry detergent, trash bags, paper towels, computer paper, stuff like that. Anyway, that's about all I have. Take care ALL and have a great Wednesday! BBL

Mom2Gaby
03-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey again.........

So, Marti is married?? YAY.......

Were those bratty kids running around at the store resemble mine Cristi?? I am sure they were mine, wondering how they got to Kansas though.

Where there is an adult to pester my kiddies are sure to follow!!!

.........and they always follow me. Feel like a muther duck....

They did fine at Michaels, no 911 calls made while we were there. Very interesting to look around. We are making the town meeting building now. Beck wanted grass around the building , she found some moss....that was the only thing we could find.

*sigh..........can't they go back to school now!!! This whole spring break thing is a bother.I don't want to be around them this much,......lol

I need to call my mother and ask how much I weighed at birth. JUst because I want to know..........lol

Why is Brandon going to the foot doctor?? Is that what you are doing with him??

I better go, I smell the Gabster.......:)

TTFN

RAR
03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
HI! everyone hopeing that you are having a great dayCongrat Marti may you have many years of happinesss wellgot to run work is calling me Rita

Jane
03-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Hiya Ladies,

Susan - I've been buying the Sara Lee Wheat Delightful bread. It is only 9 carbs (not that I count those) and only 1 WW point for 2 slices. And it is sooooo soft! Kinda expensive tho. Oic about the hep shot - just an immunization, huh? Whew, ya had me worried there for a minute, girlie.

Kat - don't work too hard! Good luck with the tests! :crossed:

Angie - Mama Cass sang Dream of Little Dream of Me. It was playing on the radio when I got my first real kiss. It was the summer of 1968, and this boy and I had been dating for 3 weeks, and we were sitting in my parents swing in the yard. We had a transistor radio playing, lol, and he kissed me! I was 14 and so starry eyed. <sigh>

Cristi - I keep at least "one extra" of stuff that we wouldn't want to run out of - detergent, ketsup, crackers, etc. and whoever gets the new one out has to write it on the grocery list, lol. Somedays I like shopping better than others. Depends if I'm getting something "fun" at Walmart too.

Marti - I know whaaaaaatt youuuu're doooooin' :D :D :D

Hi Rita and the rest....

Well, my computer had 2 viruses in it! The guy cleaned them out, and inserted a new firewall for $50. I didn't think that was too bad at all. It's worth that to not have to go into Katie's room again, lol.

I have done nothing but run, run, run today. My close friend's daughter had a baby today, so I was in town twice. Btw, they said it was a boy before the birth, but it's a girl!!! Mother Nature is having the last laugh over modern Technology, lol.

See ya later,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Hi Jana & Rita,

Hope you had a good day at work Rita?? :)

Yes, Rachel is fine- healthy as a ox.

Rebecca I worry about, she seems very cranky lately.

I will try the bread, sounds good :)

Yep, I know what Marti is doing also!!!! At least we hope........scrapbooking, right??? :)

Alex wrote me 2 sweet emails, nothing about my flowers *sigh......am I going to have to dump him on my birthday??? lol

I have the Gabster tonight. The office is a mess. My supervisor offered to take her with him and his family to a birthday party!!! Thought that was the sweetest..........almost like a human thing......lol, not in his rep at all.........just going to have to spread the word that he is a softie of 2 year olds.He has a 2 year old himself........

I better go, paperclips flying about.........

TTFN :)

Marti
03-24-2004, 11:43 PM
You naughty girls!!!........

Actually, we're trying to figure out what we're doing right now....so while James is on the phone, I'm typing you a little note to say hi!

Today has been a great day. I'm just floating around being happy. Fun to hear James talk to his friends and say "my wife" :D

Ok...we need to get going. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Hello!! :wave:

FrouFrou
03-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Hey ladies~

Marti~have fun whatever you do and wherever you guys go. I can tell in your post you are on :cloud9: I took a gander at your photo's and they are great-so purdy.

Susan~I thought I recognized those kids. :lol: ;) It was actually pretty quiet and made me wonder where the kids were. I have a feeling Alex will pull through and you will get those birthday flowers tomorrow-he better. :)

Jana~I have heard that several times when I worked in the hospital gift shop. Mothers to be were told they were going to have a boy and had a girl. CONGRATULATION'S to your friend's DD!! I love little girls-so many cute clothes. What did they name her? Sorry to hear about the viruses, at least it wasn't anything major.

Hi Rita~hope things are fine with you and you are not working to hard.

Hi to everyone else also. Just wanted to check in and see what's up with everyone. See ya ladies tomorrow sometime. I have some major cleaning to do and lots of laundry. :( Nighty night all. :yawn: :yawn:

da fat n da furious
03-25-2004, 01:58 AM
AAAAh Marti even on your wedding night you came to say hi to us. I fell so much a part of the wedding now.

Susan, Alex will come throu somehow.....
And Brandon's toe was gross. He has a horrible ingrown toenail. The DR was telling me in all his years of practice that Bran's is like the top 3 WORST. He had to give him two needles for pain,,,and Bran was still sweating and gritting his teeth. We go back in 3 weeks for the second half..his toe was so infected he couldn't do the full procedure. Believe me Bran will never NOT tell me about his ingrown toenail again.
Plus he had to get casts made so he can get inserts into his shoes...he has size 12 feet,,,big and wide and FLAT footed. The woman who casted him said it was the flattest feet shes ever seen...great my kid is soooo special. Cost me over 450. for them
We have had a few viewings of the house...no nibbles yet.
Had another date with my eye Dr...lol got another free pair of lens,,,and eye solution...plus a case. Holding out for the ring before any hankie pankie...lol

Cristi,,what is SAMS? I don't buy much food at Walmart,,,other then junk that is. I get alot of other things there.

Jana,,,hate to say this but,,,1968 in the summer I wasn't born yet...close,,,lets say I was still cooking...lol I really enjoy the song...if you know Dianne Krall, listen to her sing it...real slow and soft.
Well need sleep...
night all
Angie

Jane
03-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Please go to Chit Chat # 39.....