Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:29 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/22 - 3/28

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 03-22-2004, 09:36 PM   #2  

Hi all - I'm here to post a 0.6 pound gain - yup, after 5 pretty good days on Fat Track. The night before weigh in, we went out to dinner with friends before going to listen to some music. Well, I caved and had penne with brocolli rabes and sausage. It was very salty and my rings were tight the next morning. I decided that was it with Fast Track. As my leader said - you're using it to punish yourself and you don't deserve punishment! Instead, I'm trying to stick to my target (22) or use no more than 2 FP's. I used more than that on Saturday night but did well yesterday and am doing OK today. I've been sick since last week so no exercise except for tonight - I did a little upper body freestyle. My glands and ears have been bothering me and I finally gave in yesterday and went to the doctor. There's some fluid in my ears and I'm on yet another round of Zithromax. I hope it kicks in soon. Today has been an interesting one foodwise. First there was our field trip to the Mexican restaurant - lots of fun, lots of points but I counted it. Next was Anthony's 6th b.d. party at the bowling alley. Believe it or not, I was still full from lunch so didn't have any pizza or cake and I still have two points to get to my target.

It looks like I won't make my goal of being below 150 by my birthday but I'm planning on having as much of a loss as I can come weigh in on Saturday.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/156.4/135
44/240 workouts
Old 03-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #3  

Good morning, it's me again. Just a quick post - I managed to end my evening last night having used just 2 FP's (right on target). Of course, the key is to continue this for the rest of the week. I am still not feeling great so I doubt I'll get in any exercise today. I'm alternating between stressing that I am so far behind and telling myself that I need to feel well before pushing myself to catch up. Oh well, in the worst case I can always lower my target.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #4  

Hello! Happy Tuesday to everyone! Yippee! It's not Monday anymore!!!

Judy - I hate it when I do good for days and the scale doesn't move. But, way to hang in there!

My mini-goals for this week is to start journaling (I'm just now starting back on progam); figure our a schedule to get to the gym; and drink more water!! I'm not going to set a # goal, because if I do these three things that should join in.

I got my new scale. And I splurged to get one that has half pounds too! My beginning WI for Sunday morning was 229.5. My first big goal is to get below 200!

Well, gotta get back to work. Have a great OP day, ladies!

Melanie
Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Just a drive by posting here as Ana is home on spring break...

Judy - You know that gain was just water and it will be gone and then some by Saturday. Sounds like you are doing great.

Emerald - You're right, those three goals will certainly get the weight coming off. Glad you were able to get the new scale.

Past few days haven't been great food-wise and exercise has been non-existent. I have to get up early tomorrow and just do it. I won't be on tomorrow as we're going to the Art Institute, so I'll see you all on Thursday.

Carla
Old 03-23-2004, 05:19 PM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Tried posting from home this morning and my PC froze on me 3 times

Anyway, here I am at work...I'm working noon til 8 pm tonight.

Judy, sorry to hear that you're not feeling well again. Hopefully you'll be back to normal again very soon! Your gain will be water - you know that. This week will be kinder to you.

Melanie - those are great goals. You'll be seeing good results soon if you stay focussed on achieving them.

Carla - yup, just do it! Hope you have a great day at the art institute tomorrow!

I had a so-so weekend. We tried a new Greek restaurant; the portions were enormous, but it was soooo good. Next time I'll ask for a 1/2 portion. Yesterday the vending machine called my name and I ended up with Roast Chicken flavored chips. Talk about salty. Anyway...today is a new day.

Have a good one...

Karen
Old 03-24-2004, 08:32 AM   #7  

Melanie – those are great goals and will definitely get the # down! Congratulations on the new scale. I know it will be showing you new, lower numbers soon!

Carla – Drive by posting – LOL. Enjoy spring break with Ana. Does it feel like spring in Chicago? Today it’s actually supposed to be in the 50’s – finally! Enjoy the Art Institute and I’ll be pulling for you to get some bike in this morning.

Karen – Mmmm, I love Greek food. Sorry to hear about the run in with the vending machine. Have you been bringing any low point snacks with you recently? They might help you kick that machine to the curb where it belongs.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn’t get any exercise in but since my glands and ears are still bothering me and I had class last night I wasn’t planning on getting any in. I think I’m going to wait until I feel well to try again – it’s been 4 days on the Zithromax so far and I still don’t feel anywhere near even 90%. I ended dipping into the FP’s last night a little more than I would have liked to but I will not repeat that tonight. My rings are tight today so I will be guzzling the water.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Working from home today. This poses a challenge, as I tend to find myself wandering from the den and standing in front of the open fridge! Self discipline needed.

Awww Judy - I hope you're feeling better. It seems to have been a tough winter for being sick all around this year. Let's hope the evening robs you of fewer flex points today. Can you pick up your knitting or something? I've been packing good lunches and snacks for work - my trip to the vending machine was in no way related to hunger.

Three pounds down this morning, which puts me back to where I was January 1.

Have a good day...

Karen
Old 03-25-2004, 08:32 AM   #9  

Yeah Karen - super loss!!! Yes, it's been a tough winter with all the germs but I sort of knew that would happen with it being the first year in an elementary school. I need to pick up the knitting - I've just been hesitating because of the carpal tunnel stuff in my wrist.

I had a better evening yesterday points-wise. I also guzzled water so my sneak peek was back to looking good this morning.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-25-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey all... I'm back to the land of the living! My life has been pretty hectic... between my son's 1st birthday and some surgery I had.. I've not been around. Today is my first day back to work and even though I'm not doing much, I'm tired. I've not really been "on" lately but I don't think too much damage was done while out of commission. I think I'll start fresh next week since this week is almost over. Back on the horse I go! I hope everyone is doing good.. I've missed everyone!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:14 AM   #11  

Karen - Great loss! Yippee!

Judy - Hope you are feeling better. I know what you mean with the knitting. I had to stop my hobby of crocheting when I started this job 7 years ago. I am on the computer probably 6 - 7 hours a day. When I first started, I had trouble holding a knife and fork at the end of the day, and crocheting increased the problem. But, now I have all these extras on my desk that have really helped.

I had to do a sneak peak yesterday morning. I liked what I saw, and so did DH.

I made my first pot of 0 point soup last night. I had resisted so far. I mean, vegetable soup is supposed to have meat in it, right? Cabbage in soup??? Well, I will eat my words along with the soup and hope there are no extra points! It was really yummy. And DH liked it too. I told him that was good, because he will be seeing a lot more of it around the house.

Have a great day!

Melanie
Old 03-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Karen - Oh my gosh, Roast Chicken flavored chips? Really? Somehow at 10:00 in the morning, with a cup of coffee next to me, they don't sound so appetizing. But at 3:00, when the urge to eat out of boredom sets in, I bet I'd go for them. Hey, great loss! Good job putting yourself back in the groove. I hope working at home didn't pose too much of a challenge yesterday. I'm so easily distracted when working at home.

Judy - I hope you're feeling better. You're right about the first year of teaching in an elementary school - you're sure to spend a lot of it under the weather. Next year that immune system of your's should be a lot tougher. Yep, we're finally getting springtime here. It's been rainy and cloudy, but it's also been in the low 60s. Hooray.

Jessica - Good to see you again. I hope you're fully recovered from your surgery and feeling like your old self. Just hop right back on that wagon and you'll be fine.

Melanie - Good sneak peeks are great to keep you motivated. You know, I've never made any of the zero point soup. I don't know why, since I do love soup. I'll have to try it, although the spring weather is knocking any desire for soup out of me.

No formal exercise yesterday, but we did do a lot of walking at the Art Institute. We had a great time. I didn't do too well at lunch, but made up for it at dinner. Unfortunately, the scale yesterday morning showed a gain of 2.2 pounds. I have to stop this dance I'm doing with these 5 pounds. Back and forth, up and down, lose and gain. I think I need to pick up "Thin for Life" again for some inspiration. I didn't get on the bike this morning. I got up at 7:00, but tuned into the Early Show on CBS as one of my girlfriends was interviewed this morning (she just co-authored a book called The Family CFO). Wouldn't you know it, she was on in the last 15 minutes. Oh well. Ana and I are meeting a friend at a mall for lunch, so I plan on doing some more walking around today.

Have a great day.

Carla
279.6/255.6/149
Old 03-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #13  

Paragoddess - Hello! I hope you are recovering well from your surgery! I'm new the the board and just thought I would say hi. Is paragoddess anything like my job? I'm a paralegal. I think it should be renamed that...
Old 03-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Talking

actually, I'm a paramedic... so thats where that came from.. when someone gets out of medic school, usually they act like they could take on the world and we call them paragods... well, in my department, there are no female paramedics... no females period other than me... so they nicknamed me paragoddess - but I tell them the only problem is those other guys think they can heal the world... I know I can!!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:43 AM   #15  

I have one mission only today. Survive until 5 p.m. Need weekend... fading out... want to play...
Closed Thread