Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-22-2004, 07:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday Morning Chat - March 22

Good Morning,

I'm home today

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had to go to a surprise b/day party last night. We didn't get home until 9 pm. DD didn't go to bed until midnight, it really threw her off wack but she had a good time. It sucked b/c there were two tables of deserts and I didn't have so much as a crumb of it I know this sounds weird but I was so angry inside b/c I couldn't have any, hope it didn't show on my face. Oh well. DH stuffed his face all weekend too and that got on my nerves. Here I'm trying to be so good and I'm not losing b/c I'm going over in my calories and I get to watch him eat entire bags of chocolate chip cookies in one sitting and he's 145 lbs. SIGH~~ GROWL ~~ SIGH~~

Okay i'm done lol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie & all our little chickadees!

Why are you home today?

I totally understand what you are talking about! It is so hard and aggravating sometimes, but I am so proud of you for not eating any of the deserts! wow! that's awesome! I wish I ewas angry for the same thing this morning, but I went to the bridal shower Saturday afternoon and said "to heck with it" and ate everything I wanted. Then I proceeded to have a piece of cheesecake and some french fries too. When I blow it, I blow it big! Then yesterday I had fried shrimp for lunch and a piece of 3 layer german chocolate cake, but at least I didn't eat any supper. I didn't dare get on the scale this morning bec today (for once in a long time) I would deserve whatever it says!

BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY AND I AM GONNA BE GOOD! Pulled out my food journal (that I put up for the past 2 days) and I'm writing down everything that touches my lips and counting the calories. That's all I can do - can't go back - can only deal with today.

So what is everybody up to today?

Where in the world is Lynnie Bo Binnie??? she hasn't posted in days? hope all is ok???

Boss is back from week long trip to Honduras so I gotta get busy.

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  
CIN

Default Congrats Leenie & Cathy

Cathy & Leens...............
Bravo to both of you! Leens.......it's ok to feel what you feel but you are the only one that can change your feelings.It is all how you look at it and I viewed your strength for not eating it! I say BRAVO for not indulging!The anger will pass but being angry wont change a thing! You are still "cool" Leens!

Cathy.bravo to you for starting again today....................everyday is a promise for a new start...........we MUST indulge sometimes and press forward...........!

We are just H-U-M-A-N!

Repent.dont repeat is a good motto. ( somedays)

I am so thankful I am going to work today.I missed al my members last week and love being well and healthy today!

The Son & The Sun are both shining today!

Love
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Leenie..good for you for having willpower. Maybe next time you could plan ahead to fit a *small piece* of indulgance if you choose to..maybe then you wouldn't feel so angry. However..I totally understand. My dh is similar. Argh, right?

I sort of threw caution to the wind also. However, I have been exercising regularly..so I am hoping that when I weigh in tomorrow night it won't be so bad.

I have started reading and working through the Dr. Phil book.

Talk to you ladies later,
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #5  

Good morning ladies.....I am dropping in to say hi.....had trouble going to sleep last night....was awake until 3 A.M......so I am tired today....don't usually have trouble falling asleep.

See you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi April,

I hope that tonight you are able to get some restful sleep and that your body's sleep cycle doesnt get whacked out.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:22 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Hi Chickadees!!

I'm with you Leenie...my husband does the same crap. Pisses me off!! He brings home boxes of cookies and donuts and stuff and tells me "well I'm going to share with the rats and the kid." Ya..ok...like THEY eat alot?! Then he leaves them on the counter and it's really hard to walk by and not want to reach for the whole thing. I have been practicing better self control lately and when he brought home those St. Patricks Day cookies I only had 1 a day and I even saved the last cookie for him. I did tell him though that if he expects to lose the rest of his weight he needs to NOT eat that junk anymore and he agreed so...we'll see where that goes.

I had a busy weekend with my family then yesterday I cleaned for 8 hours!! But the house sparkles so it was worth it. Plus I have company coming over today so that's always a motivating factor.

for all of ya!! Smile...it makes people wonder what you've been up too.

Gotta go get ready for company now. TAYS!! (type at you soon).
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Default Hey Gang

Sorry I aint been around lately; I have just been in one of those moods.I have been sleeping alot and trying to deal with stress.I will be back soon though...

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:36 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey girls, nice to see you all.
Jenni good for you for exercising, thats really the key to weight loss. Bravo!!
Lynnie feel better hun, don't stay away to long.
Noodles, my house never sparkles good for you.
Cathy I stayed home cause I needed a break. I feel very runned down and needed a break.
Cin hope you enjoyed your day at work.
Liz hope you had a wonderful b-day
Flower you still hangin w/us ? how's the countdown going?
Sweetpea whats happening?
April feel better.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #10  

Leenie - great big ((((((hugs)))))) from me to you!
I hope you got a little break today!
I wish we could just hop on a cruise and take a 5 day break from reality!
wouldn't that be cool!

boy am I dreaming or what!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #11  

Default hi everyone

I am home from parent teacher interviews........I love my kids! They make me so proud..and there teachers really enjoy them as well.....happy, healthy and kind kids.......I am so happy for them.

Hey where is kemp?

Sorry I haven't been very "available"........the end of Nov a terrible thing happened in my life and this past week things have slowly started coming together again...it will take time but I think things will be ok in the long run.

I need to get back to drinking water and exercising, going for walks and generally looking after myself....been neglecting myself on every level. Need a massage, brow wax, pedicure, lunch with a friend a date with my hubby...can't wait!

Cathy I am so with you on the cruise thing........my mom and dad are going on a cruise to alaska and panama this year......I am so happy for them.....they have done very little for them selves over the years. Glad to hear you had a good weekend.......goodies and all!

Leens don't ever apologize for being angry or sad or disappointed they are all feelings you are very entitled to! You are such a great mom, daughter, wife and employee....and so much more......hang in there.

Lynnie sorry to hear you have not been feeling 100%......this too shall pass.....take it from someone who knows.

Noodles 8 hrs of cleaning......I am so jealous....can't wait until wed when I have a day off and can do some spring cleaning and freshen things up......must feel great!

Snoop what do you think of the Dr. Phil book? Good job on the exercising!

April hope you sleep better tonight......hard to keep perspective when you are tired!

Cin hope you enjoyed work.

See you all tomorrow.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #12  

Hey there Liz - I was fixing to go to bed and felt the urge to check the website first and just saw your post......so.....

I just wanted to give you a great big ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) Liz!

cathy