South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 05:49 AM   #1  

Default Monday Chat

Well I seemed to have missed a whole lot of firey stuff when I was out on my cultural extravaganza and my dream work weekend! Better out than in, that is my view.

The dream work weekend was wonderful. We work on the basis that all our dreams contain some guidance, so the work is just to find what that is and work with it. It is very powerful stuff.

I was glad to see the poetry thread. Nothing like some poetry to keep me plugged in.

Today I have seen a client this morning, and then later I have my own therapy. Probably as a result of doing the dream weekend my subconscious is throwing up dream after dream after dream in the last few nights, so I am looking forward to getting my wonderful therapist's take on some of them.

Yesterday was mothering sunday here in the uk so I sent my mum a jasmine plant which she liked. I got bought a box of Turkish Delight by my cats, who seem determined to sabotage my south beach efforts.

Will go and find more poems for you
xx
Old 03-22-2004, 06:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning everyone. It's Day 3 of Snowy Spring in the wee hamlet of Delta. At least it will be sunny today!

It sounds like a wonderful and relaxing weekend, Clovey. I make Turkish delight sometimes at Christmas. Myt friends think I'm nuts but sure gobble it up!

Yesterday I did almost nothing except have a bath and get dressed. I really goofed off and stayed indoors all day reading and petting the Girls. I did cook a roast for dinner and clean up the kitchen so I'm not a complete sloth! The Girls were tired from hours of constant play on Saturday and slept a lot!

Today is Gail Day and Hersh has to go for her treadmill session this morning. I need to make up more dog food for the week but that's "it" for today.

What's happening with you?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:20 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday chat

Good morning, Chicks--

Feeling out of sorts. Not sure if it's the pollen, PMS or what.

Saturday was my writers group meeting. I haven't been in several months b/c of $$$ problems. Raised $130 for our adult literacy program that we sponsor, got to see some acquaintances who noticed the 12 pound weight loss and my new hair style. So, that was a good day.

Somewhere, though I managed to screw my left rear tire on my car. Went outyesterday to go to my handspinners guild meeting and there it was, big as you please, an inch and a half long wood screw sticking into the tread. Hubby tried to be helpful and spent $8 on that fix-a-flat gunk---which didn't work. So, off we trundled in his car, with the tire to Costco for a plug. No worries, I thought, it's just a fix, shouldn't take two minutes. WRONG...it took them 2 1/2 HOURS to fix it. ARRGH!!

So, there went my day. Since we were stuck out, had to buy lunch we couldn't afford and since I'm commited to eating as healthy as I can, fast food isn't a good option for me.

We got done too late for me to make my guild meeting, hubby wanted to watch basketball like he'd planned in the first place, so I was exiled upstairs to watch a TV movie for the next 2 and a half hours.

Ugh...don't mind me...I'll get over it.

Clovey, sounds like you had an interesting workshop.

Ruth, I admire your dedication with the dogs.

HAGD, everyone.

Mamacita

Last edited by Mamacita; 03-22-2004 at 06:22 AM. Reason: forgot to put in Ruth's name
Old 03-22-2004, 06:33 AM   #4  

Good Morning Chicks!

It's freezing here and I'd like to crawl back in bed for a few more hours! That's not going to happen though, have to get the kiddies up and off to school then on to the Y for weights and raquetball. (I may be forced to take an afternoon nap after that!)

Clovey, Ruth, Mamacita......have a wonderfully OP day! Ellis, all the chicks on the beach, you too!!!!

Traci
Old 03-22-2004, 07:02 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Cool

Morning chickies I have been a bad little chickie lately. I have not been posting much although I have been trying to atleast read the posts to keep updated. Ruthie it is snowing well flurries here as well. It snowed hard yesterday. We skiied in it. We were soaked by the end of the day. Well I must go and get the kids off to the bus and then I will be back.

Last edited by little chick; 03-22-2004 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:24 AM   #6  

Good morning!!

I have a rather ambitious day planned. I REALLY need to get the taxes done, although nothing depresses me more. Perhaps I'll do that first...then the day can progress from there! My project proposal is also on my list. Then I have to go to a meeting this evening.

A week from tomorrow I leave for a convention in Salt Lake City!! It's in my old neck of the woods actually. I went to high school about 80 miles away in Evanston, Wyoming. I did my internship at the deaf school about 30 miles from SLC. I am soooo excited. My MO for the trip will be to stay OP "as much as possible". But, I won't be upset if there is a small gain.

I have been discouraged as late with my weight loss stalling (I am in Week 3). It was just what I needed to come to the forums and learn that nearly everyone has the same problem. How do you guys keep from weighing yourself everyday? Or are you just as obsessive as I am?

What is turkish delight?

Also...I need opinions on the Ricotta Creme dessert. I looked at the NI...1/2 cup will have 200 calories. I guess I thought that was a bit high...so I have been limiting this dessert (not having it everyday). What is your take on it?

Off to gather up those W-2s 1099s and all that other STUFF.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 AM   #7  

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around for awhile due to my grandma passing away. She led a long and wonderful life and we're happy she's no longer in any pain, but it always shocks me how mean and greedy people get about money after someone dies. Luckily, things have seemed to calm down, but I hate that I can't stay OP during the stressful times. And after a death it seems like everyone and their mother wants to feed you, so I think I may have eaten enough carbs for all of you last week. (Lasagna, pizza, even tiramisu. Yikes.)

But I am back on track this week, and am determined to get rid of what looks like 2-3 pounds of eating.

I hope you all have a wonderful OP day, and I'm gonna go catch up on the posts and some work.

Danielle

Old 03-22-2004, 07:40 AM   #8  
Strong not Skinny

Good morning chickies, I had an okay weekend OP, if you pretend I didn't eat pizza Friday or that LARGE taste of creme brulee my DH insisted on ordering Sat night. Sabatoge! But lots of fresh air and exercise, so that's good. Of course, I baked lunch treats last night at 9:30. So this morning whilst I was cutting them, a few little crispy edges fell into my mouth. But they ARE peanut butter (and creme brulee IS eggs) so maybe it won't totally do me in
Have a great day girls, I'm cleaning mi casa. If you don't hear from me call the authorities, I could be buried by laundry, attacked by the missing hamster, or sitting in the corner of the kitchen committing glutiny(SP) with the peanut butter bars!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Quickie... I'm off to see my psychi and then have my second session with my new trainer.

Danielle, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Sending you love and hugs...
Old 03-22-2004, 08:16 AM   #10  

morning all!!
it is again cold and snowy here today from the reports i'm hearing so far the weekend is supposed to be sunny and warmer tho so i won't complain much YET. not a bad weekend but too short as always. didn't want to get out of my warm bed and now i sit at this cold desk and it just makes me want to go back home even more. hopefully the coffee will help a little.
same old for me today work, dd has track practice, boys need haircuts, house needs a full time house keeper(unfortunately since i am a full time office worker i'll have to give it the quick once over again)
have a great day everyone!!
danielle so sorry about your grandma, sending hugs your way.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #11  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, Chicks! I made it through the weekend! The dogs weren't too terrible. They had thousands of square feet to run about, though, so that helped. We got Noodles a shock collar I thought they were so brutal until I put it on my own skin. PA-LEEZ!! It's the same feeling as when your arm falls asleep. She can handle that... Besides, it's only for her safety. I don't want to have to wop her one every time the two year old comes over because she refuses to believe that he's not an upright dog...

Busy weekend into a busy work week! Summer programs (aka, MY NEMESIS) are upon us here, for planning anyway, so I have to get on top of them. (And ring it by it's confusing neck....)

The Girl Scouts were out in full force this weekend! I was trying ever so hard to exert will power, but DB couldn't resist the little cult cutties, so there are 3 boxes at home. Not to mention the pizza, burger, and sushi... eek!! BACK ON today, though!!

Clovey- That's why I'm not a cat person!

Ruth- I am ever so envious of your day yesterday! This evening holds a bath (in an olympic size bath tub, compliments of Jorge's boss! love the huge house..)

Mamcita- I feel ya, girl! I went in to get a tire fixed and ended up with 4 new tires and a huge mastercard bill!

GavinsMom- Raquetball! I ADORE that sport. I can't wait until it get's warm enough to start playing here again. We have really crappy courts in a community park down the way, but it's such fun!

LittleChick- Better get the skiiing in while you can!!

Bluegrass- Are you going to the AAA convention? I just did the itinerary for my boss to go. She's STRESSING about her CEU's, hence her trip! Lot's of auditory processing discussions this year, should be fun!

Danielle- I'm so sorry for your loss, but good job keeping your spirits up!!

Sweetie- Looks like we were in the same predicaments this weekend, huh? New week, better eating...

Ellis- Morning!

Jodi- Dear god, but you're busy!

All- HAve a GREAT and OP day!!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:15 AM   #12  

CC: YES!! That's the one! I have plenty of CEUs...but I'm goin' anyway!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:36 AM   #13  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default I'm back!

Hey guys- the move is finally done! I've been keeping track on the posts but it seems like whenever I go to post myself someone or something distracts me with a crisis so I have to shut down. Grrrrr...... so I got up extra early this a.m. to avoid that. Course then someone called so I had to shut down.....lol......... and here I am on the second round of posting this morning.

I've been fairly good on SBD avoiding what I should but not really paying attention to what I eat. Lost 5 pds anyway. lol. I have a new diet/excercise partner. She is wonderful and motivational! We go walking and to swim class together.

Other than that it's been merging two houses into one, helping my dbf with his new job (i've become his secretary lol) and working on some investment deals of my own, aka buying duplexes fixing them up and renting them out. My excercise buddy is into that and she has been helping me break into doing that.

This weekend was great. We went to the coast for my aunts 50th suprise birthday party. There was catered food (can you believe with low carb choices? I had a darn decent meal other than the cake that I splurged on)
and a dancing all night right there with the beach in out our front door, we were in a ballroom of sorts. It was wonderful. My sister and I got there and danced our little hearts out, my sister thought we looked stupid but I was like who cares?!?!?!?! As we danced the macarena surrounded by little kids (we were the only adults doing that one lol) We also taught the kids the chicken dance and my sister and I requested the hokey pokey for the kids. There was a wide variety of music though. I have not had that much fun in a long time.

O.k. the kids are up I'd better post this before something happens. LOL. Just wanted to pop in and say that I am back!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #14  
Strong not Skinny

Crystal-the shock collar is the greatest thing ever if you do it right, sounds like you have the right idea. I can now take my naughty golden to the park, sans leach and all I say is daisy up and the darn dog is standing at my left side. I swear I have shocked her maybe 5 times in as many years. she learned quick. Maybe I need a carb shocker, yea! when I reach for a piece of candy, ZAPPO ah **** I'd get used to that just like I get used to not breathing in my jeans! Happy Monday!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #15  
Reeling Reverend

Sweeite- Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think she'll respond well. She's SUCH a smart dog, which is half the reason she is so bad! My coworker just had a baby, and has a little dog and two labs. She's said the two labs are completely different dogs now. Thanks, again!!

Bluegrass- Have fun!
Closed Thread