Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#78)

Sherry
03-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flooziewelcome

Sherry
03-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Don't Forget To Go Back To #77 And Read The Last Few Posts There!! ;)

Deelite
03-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Sher thanks for the survey. I am the one that gainned weight. I am still heavier than when I joinned. I know someone that had shingles on their face so have yours checked out. Take care.

Debbie I loved your blond moment story.

I will miss you all. I will check in but I am not sure if I will have time to check in every day.

Larry, Dez, and I are going on a date. We are going to a coffee shop with awesome desserts. I allow myself one dessert a week besides fruit. Larry and I will share. It will be fun because it is in a funky part of town. We are surprising Dez as to where we are going. She loves it there.

Well I will be up bright and early to head off to the airport. I am getting up at 4:30. Gayle keep everyone in line here.

Adios!
Love you all. I hope to read some good news!

gdeann
03-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Have fun Dee!!!! We'll miss you! Make sure and check in when you can get away from the servants and pool boys. Remember poor, poor us as your having fun!!!! I hope you REALLY do enjoy yourself!

ShelleyM
03-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Have fun, Dee!

I'm going back to work today! Ugh! Not only that, I am leaving early for a root canal. Whoopee, can't wait!

bootwoman
03-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Shingles are usually on the torso, but you can have them anywhere. They are caused by a chicken pox type virus that can lie dormant in the body for years. If it were shingles, you would probably be in a great deal of pain. It causes the nerve endings to be exposed and even the sound of someone's voice can cause terrible pain.

I was getting ready for work this morning when I heard a terrible crash and my dad screaming. My mom had tried to walk by herself and she fell against the book shelves in the bedroom. I ran to her room and she was lying in the floor crying and blood was everywhere. She had hit her head on the shelves. I couldn't get her up by myself because her paralyzed side is just dead weight. Luckily my brother hadn't left for the clinic and I got in touch with him. He came and we got her up. He dressed the wound and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Head wounds just bleed so much! It scared the s*** out of me! Thank goodness she didn't break anything. My dad was beside himself because he was helpless and all she wanted was for him to comfort her. She has fallen before, but never this bad. It looks like I will be staying there for quite a while longer.

gdeann
03-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Ramona, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I bet your dad feels so helpless right now trying to recover from his surgery. I had a patient to go see today that could not respond or even hold his head up. It was a challenge trying to cut his hair in bed and trying to move him around because of the dead weight. Just remember with your mom to always try to have some help lifting her. You will be of no use to either parent if you end up hurting yourself. (((HUGS)))

Shelley: OUCH!!!!!! i will be thinking of you today! I hope you get along ok!!! If you need something, just shout.

ShelleyM
03-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Ramona- :grouphug: I am so sorry to hear about your mom falling. You have your work cut out for you right now, with a new job and caring for your parents. You are a wonderful daughter, and I'm sure your parents are very aware of it!

Gayle-Thanks for the concern. Actually, the root canal went quite well. I didn't even feel the needle when he stuck it in. This guy was great. I'm not hurting right now. I'm hoping that it won't hurt at all. We'll see.

I had a person email me saying that he wants the coins, but he thinks it's too risky dealing with me since I don't have hundreds of feedback. He wants me to send them COD. I told him absolutely not and to look at the last item and I sold and the feedback from it. To heck with him! I don't want to take the risk of sending something COD. I had another person email me asking how I would take payment on the doll that is at $2700.00 right now. I told her that my auction wasn't even over yet and I would take paypal, cashier's check or money order just like it says. People are too much!!

bootwoman
03-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Sherry, did you go to the doctor? How is your face?

Shelley, I'm glad the root canal went so well. I've never had one, but i can't imagine it would be very fun.

We took my mom to the doctor today. She had a rash come up on her back yesterday and I was afraid it might be shingles because she has had them before and once you get them, they are always dormant in your body. She does indeed have shingles(herpes zoster), so now I have to add 8 more pills to the 23 that I give her twice daily already. The doctor looked at her ear and cleaned it up again and redressed it. She is really doing quite well considering everything that happened today. What a day...and this is only Monday!!!

We had a state trooper get shot today, but luckily he was wearing his vest and wasn't killed. There are 2 state troopers in the offices across the hall from my office and they have been staking out this complex for a couple of weeks. It is a group of survivalists. The FBI is here now and they have a man hunt on for the two men that shot the trooper. NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR ME!!!!

Well, my brother is here to sit with my folks for a while, so I think I'll go to the tanning salon. That always relaxes me and I'm going to take advantage of it!!!

Good night my friends.

Sherry
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Howdy:wave:

Well tonight was my 1st night doing water aerobics at the "Y" and I loved it!! I put this fat, white bod in my swimsuit and "went for it" and I'm so glad I did! Man, It was fun!! When I got out of the pool, my legs felt like spaghetti. :lol:

Ramona,
I agree...You have your hands full!! Your Mom & Dad are so lucky to have you. You know, 23 pills are a lot to take! Bless her heart! I will continue to say a little pray for her.I didn't go to the Dr. about my face.It's still there and hasn't improved at all.If it's still the same on the 28th when I go for my b/p, I'll have her see if she knows what it is.

Shelley,
I'm glad that you didn't suffer any pain today! That's the kind of dentist I like!! :D Wasn't it hard to go back to work today??! I didn't think I was ever going to get moving this am!!

Dee,
I hope you made a safe trip. I miss you already!! Check in soon!!

Where are all the missing Floozie's???? Please post soon, if only for a quickie!!

Gotta iron & get things ready for work tomorrow.

Hugs to all I didn't mention.
Love Ya'll.......

tinagailh
03-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Good Morning!

Dee Hope you have a safe trip and have lots of fun.

Shelley you are lucky to have a great dentist. My sis in law had a lot of work done on her teeth including root canals and she was down for several days -of course she does have a low tolerance for pain.

Ramona you are a great daughter. You are under a lot of stress please try to find a little time for yourself.

Shelley I would stick to what you have stated in your auction. Your feedback is good enough for me to trust. Tell them to purchase postal insurance if they are worried about it. Or you could see if the people you have refunded money to could give you a reference. I get some crazy emails too. I was selling a Jersey my husband had in his collection and I got an email from a guy claiming to be in Iraq. He wanted to buy the jersey and would pay me $150 if I could wait 2 months for him to get home so he could pay me. He said it was against Army policy to buy/send money online. The jesey was only worth about $30.

Just talked to my dad he said my uncle now has a high fever.
Gayle do you have any good websites on the stages of dieing. Does it depend on the type of cancer. The nurses have said 2 or 3 times he only has 2 days at the max and he keeps holding on.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tina

gdeann
03-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Tina, I will PM you.

gdeann
03-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I hope everyone is having a better Tuesday then what your Monday was!!!!

Shelley, you lucky dog! I hope you never did feel any pain with the root canal. Yep, there are some "fruit loops" on the ebay board!

Ramona, is mom better today?

Sher, if the spot isn't better on your face today, you REALLY should call the doc. It could be serious and get into your system.

Tina, I hope you received my PM, I went ahead and sent you a second one with all of the info. Please feel free to ask, I may not know the answers, but I can help you with the search.

Dee, drink a BIG drink for me!!!! Oh ya, pat the pool boy on the butt for me too!!!

Deb, oh Deb, where is our little Deb? Visiting her new church?????

Vickster must be visiting mom?

Jennelle, I hope life is treating you well! Did you find out about the test yet?

Who did I miss??? I'm sure I did miss someone...

Thank you all today for being such dear friends. I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. Hopefully, one of these years we can all FINALLY meet!

Going to try to stay OP today! Wish me luck!

DebbieA
03-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

I am off work for 4 days this week for bereavement days, but I haven't rested once. Yesterday I helped Mom all at Grannymom's apartment cleaning and throwing things out. Wondering how one little old lady could collect so much. But we got finished and now it is ready for the 4 sisters to spilt everything up.
My son was off yesterday but I made the mistake of telling him anyday he and I was off together, I would take him up to the old farm where Grannymom and Granddaddy lived before he passed. SO...he took today off and I lived up to my promise. It is about 50 miles from Nashville, between Portland and Westmoreland. We had the best day, so many good memories. It was sold in 1990 but no one has lived there since Grannymom moved out. My Mom had told if I saw anything I wanted the new owners wouldn't care if I got it. I found lots of little goodies that belongs to my grand parents. Even got an old piece of wood from the "Indian House" little shed out back. An old washtub nailed up in the chicken house, that Grannymom put up for the chickens to lay eggs. I even dug up some buttercups from the front yard to replant in my flower garden. Grannymom could see them from her kitchen window. My Grannymom spend her happiest days there. It was a good day!!

Ramona...Hope your Mom is doing better today. You sure do have you hands full. Glad you got to take a few hours for yourself today.

Tina....I probably wasn't very far from you today. We went up through Gallatin but come back through Portland. My prayers are with you and your family and especially your couisin.

Gayle...LMAO!! New church!!!! I didn't go back Sunday, too afraid someone would remember me.

Sherry...I knew you would love the Y, so glad everything turned out where you could join. I DO plan on trying the water aerobics either tomorrrow or Thursday. I'm planning {right now} to have two Debbie days in a row. I sure need it!!!

Shelley...Everyone needs a dentist like yours. Glad you aren't in any pain.

Dee.....Hope you are having a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Carol....Please post soon and let us know how you are doing. We miss ya!!

Well...My house is still in a wreck!! I'm getting kind of used to it...LOL. I went to the Y yesterday but skipping it today, I think. We walked about 3 miles up on the farm today. So I know that counts!

Summer count down!!!!

27 days down...69 TO GO!!!:dancer:

hugs...deb

Jennelle
03-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Who asked me the question about the test...was it Gayle? Anyhow, I will find out the week of April 6. I could pay $20 extra and find out on April 2 over the phone, but what's the point when I have to have it "in writing" anyway. :)

tinagailh
03-23-2004, 07:47 PM
HI!!!

Gayle thank you so much for the information. I see a lot of his symptoms in both stages. I think he is into the last stage now. He was up talking Sat. morning but now just sleeps. I appreciate you sending that my way.

Debbie you were very close to me. I might of passed you today and not even known it.

Janelle they always try to get that extrat $ out of you. My husband paid extra to find out if he passed his real estate exam. Not his grade just that he passed. But he still had to wait till it came in and get insurance etc together before he could officially get his license. He just couldn't wait.

Talk to you all later.
Tina

Deelite
03-23-2004, 08:41 PM
ola
I miss you all. I am having fun. It is hot here. I patted the pool boy on his saggie butt....lol
We are just getting ready to go out for a shrimp dinner. I walked along the ocean shore this morning watching a school of dolphins flip in and out of the blue water. We sunned out b**bs by the pool today. Look mom no tan lines. Life is tough.
Ramona I am glad that your mom didn't get hurt.

sherry don't you just love aquafit. Larry does it with me too.

I will post more tomorrow night. Julie Anne will be at work for the evening and I am on my own in this paradise.

Have a good evening.

Adios.

gdeann
03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Dee, are you sure it was the pool boys butt you were patting if it was saggie?

Deb, thought of you tonight when Amy on AI sang Sin wagon!

My favorites on AI are: Amy, LaToya, Jennifer and of course, George! I can't think right now of the name of the guy with a beard, nothing against his singing, but I have a hard time liking him, he reminds me of my ex.

Tina, your welcome. I hope some of the info helped you out. How is your cousin doing? Has he been to see his dad?

Sherry
03-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Good Evenin' :wave:

I worked out for an hour this afternoon at the Y and walked a mile!! :tread:
I'm going to be doing my water aerobics on Monday & Wednesday nights.

Gayle,
My favorites tonight on AI were: Diana,Lotoya & Amy. I have been pulling for Jasmine the whole time but tonight I didn't think she was as good as she's been. Also, I agree: There's something about Matthew that I don't like either.I think the bottom 3 for tomorrow night will be Camelia,Matthew & Jennifer with Jennifer the one being voted off. What do you think?

Debbie,
I was laughing my butt off when Amy sung Sin Wagon too!! :lol3: I was thinking about you & the Y Sunday!!! TOO FUNNY!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your time today at your GrandParents old house and with Sherrie & Bryan.It will be a day that ya'll will remember.

Dee,
I'm sitting here wishing that I was tanning my boobs too!!! :o I'm so jealous... but then again, happy for you!! Soak up some sun for me too!!! Miss you already!! :grouphug:

Vicki,
Post when you get home from your Mom's and let us know how she is. Miss you!

Shelley,
I meant to say something do you about Ebay.I can't believe some of the things people email you & ask!! I would never! I do have to say though...You are an honest seller! Don't let anyone take advantage of you! How's the mouth today?

Ramona,
Are you stressed????!! Try to take about an hour a day just for RAMONA!!!! How's your Mom feeling tonight? Talked to the boys?

Better get my clothes ironed for work tomorrow.
Sorry I didn't get to post to everyone.

Hugs!

Carol101
03-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Just a quick hello. I have been lurking this morning. It has been forever since I posted I bet you all forgot who I am...

Sounds like all of you are in hanging in there. Keep up the good work and great spirits.

I think of you often.

Love & Hugs
Carol

Sherry
03-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Carol!!!!!!!!

Is that really you!? :) Of course we remember you! We ask about you all the time!! Go back and look! Gosh we've missed you girl!! Are you ok? Are you still OP? Please post again and tell us how it's going with you.Don't wait so long...We really miss your posts! :grouphug:
Love,
Sherry

DebbieA
03-24-2004, 10:34 AM
CAROL.....

I have missed you so much!!! There isn't a day I come here that I don't look for you!! How have you been? We worry about you when you go MIA!!! Please come back to us!! Remember it's never to late to {DO IT}. Also I need someone to help me count...LOL.
Please PM or email me if you want!!!

Love ya....Off to the Y!! Check back later!! Deb

gdeann
03-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Debbie, did I surprise you????? LOL!!!!!

bootwoman
03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Just a quick hi to everyone.

It is a cloudy Wednesday here, but I got 3 straight hours of sleep last night so i am in a great mood!

My mom is pitiful. The medicine they are giving her for the pain of the shingles makes her a zombie. She can't even get from the bed to the potty chair by herself now, and my dad can't lift her so it is up to me to listen through the night to make sure she doesn't try to get up. My brother is staying this weekend so we can have a break, but his back is even worse than mine so I don't know how much of sleeping on the couch and lifting he can do. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Debbie, I'm so happy that you were able to get some things from your grannymom's homeplace...especially the flower bulbs. I think that is so special. Her love will bloom and grow now every spring right in your own yard.

Sherry, I wish you wouldn't wait until the 28th the have your face looked at. If it is something serious, it needs to be taken care of NOW!

Gayle, did you call Debbie today??? Was she riding on the "sin wagon"?

Dee, you are causing me to lust after a wonderful beach vacation! Seriously, I hope you continue to have a wonderful time. ENJOY!

Carol, it's really good to hear from you. Where have you been hiding? How is it going with staying OP?

Vicki, I hope all is well with you just in case you are reading this.

Tina, how are things going with your uncle? I hope he isn't suffering. I'll be thinking about you.

Shelley, how's the tooth? I hope you were able to remain pain free.

Jennelle, I wish you the best with the test results.

I saw bits and pieces of AI last night. I ususally dread the "country night", but I think they all did pretty well. There's just something about someone who ususally sings pop trying to sing country. I think Amy did a great job. She looks pop, but she sings country really well. I still love George though!!! Of the ones that I watched, the one I really didn't care for was Camille. I also hate it that Simon can NEVER say anything good about country music. He always says he doesn't understand the songs. Well DUH! A country song is just a story put to music. All he has to do is listen to the words!

Okay, better go register some sex offenders now. Joy, joy!

DebbieA
03-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Gayle.....

Yes, you surprised me!!! Sorry I missed your call! You were right, I was at my YMCA church. LOL :lol3: Hope we can connect soon!!

Ramona...I drove my car today, only use the "Sin Wagon" on Sundays. LOL. Sounds like you have your hands full! Please take time for yourself when someone reliefs you.

later....deb

Deelite
03-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Ramona I thought that you were going to say that you were lusting after me.....lol

just heading out to the pool again.
This is going to be quick.
Guess who owned this mansion before...........
Kevin Costner. He made the movie Revenge in PV. Pretty neat to be living in his house. Gee I wonder why he isn't my pool boy?

Love you all....going to catch some rays for you all. Cover your boobs or I might just burn them.

Adios.

ShelleyM
03-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Dee-You are having way too much sun n fun! You deserve it though!

Carol-It is so good to hear from you! It looks like you are still doing great on your plan. Please stay in touch with us. We ask about you constantly.

Sherry-I don't think you should wait about your face. How is it today? Has the swelling gone down? BTW, is the pool heated at the Y?

Ramona-Have you thought about using a baby monitor in your mom's room? Maybe that way you could get more rest.

Gayle-Patty was looking at wine glasses again yesterday. They had some hand painted ones that didn't compare at all to yours. Yours blows the others away!

Vicki-How's the Red Hat Society girl? Are you at your parents now?

Jennelle-I've got my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you don't need it. You probably passed with flying colors.

Debbie-You are doing wonderful with your exercising! Keep up the good work. BTW, I meant to ask you when you made the comment about staying at your pool this summer, are you and Sherry not coming to Fl. this year? I thought you were still going.

Tina-It must be really hard right now for you. I am praying that your uncle goes peacefully.

My tooth has only been hurting a little bit. Thanks everyone for your concern! Gotta go and check my ebay now!

mzbhavin
03-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi Everyone...

I leave early Saturday to go and visit with Mom i have just been so busy trying to get things ready to go on our trip. My dad sold his condo in Florida and is moving into a Retirement Home closer to my youngest sister who lives on the other side of Tampa. He is trying to get Mom in there the same time he moves over and they will only be a building apart from each other. All this came as a big surprise to me & my sister.
My oldest sister who is not talking to any of her family for whatever reason i found out has cancer again and has to start Chemo this coming Monday. I found out thru my ex-brother in law and get this she is getting remarried. We just don't know about her and what is going on in her mind and to tell you the truth after her not wanting to associate with any of us I don't know how to react to all this news with her.
I have always been there for my sister and have tried in so many ways to let her know that she can come to me and i will be there however she wants me to be but this going from talking and being around you then abruptly not associating with me is wearing on my patience and nerves. This family of mine has been thru so much tragedy as it is for us to be getting older in life and still playing little mind games.
All i have ever wanted for my family is to Love each other and be there for each other.
Eddie and I just shake are heads and say what now to all of this....

We are hoping to have a very relaxing time with Cara and her boyfriend going and just have some plain ole fun.

Well better get off here and finish some projects up and Thanks for letting me vent a little girls.

Vicki

gdeann
03-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Vickster, I have a brother and two sisters who I now consider strangers. It's sad to say, but they have made choices in life that I can not agree with or accept. After my father passed away, they decide the estate should be divided then...hmmm...my mother didn't count or have any say so, I guess. For years, I tried to be the peace maker and bring my family back together, a little over a year ago I accepted the fact it will never happen. My dad has been gone 18 years, yesterday was his birthday and the anniversary of his death. They have not spoken to mom in over 16 years, I will not put up with them treating my mother like dirt. One sister and brother has never met Allison (who's 5) and one sister has only seen her once as a week old baby. They have made pitiful choices in life and I guess they will live with the decisions. I know in my heart I am doing what my father would want me to, so I can now go to bed at night and rest easy compared to when I was trying to keep everyone together and being pulled in so many directions. It's sad when families can't stay together, I wish you the very best, but also remember, YOU and YOUR family (husband, kids) are the most important thing. My one sister had a heart attack a few years ago and wanted me notified. I called her at the hospital, we chatted and that was that. I felt obligated to call her, but at the same time, the emotional attachment that was once there is no longer. I have no great advise for you, just wanted to share my experience. Do what you feel you need to do to have peace of mind. I'm happy to hear dad will be moving closer to mom!

Jennelle
03-24-2004, 11:26 PM
My husband is estranged from one of his brothers and was estranged from his oldest sister before she died. He just decided he didn't want to have to work so blessed hard for their acceptance.

gdeann
03-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Deb, Deb, Deb....me thinks it won't be a surprise now when I call!!! Sorry I missed you! I debated on leaving a phone message and went ahead and left one. I always sound like a nerd on recorded messages, I get nervous and forget half of what I want to say!

Dee, will you please wipe the floor Kevin walked on and send me the tissue??? LOL! It must be WAY cool to be staying in a celebrity home!!!! Hmmmm....the only star I can think of I've associated with is ?????? Hmmm...guess I don't know one after all! Oh ya, it would be you! After all, you are staying at the KC villa and you have patted the pool boys butt!

Ramona, I agree with Shelley, try some monitors to hear noises at night. Do you wear a weight belt when you lift your mom? Maybe you should get one before you hurt your back.

Shelley, thank you for the complement! I want to get back into painting glassware again. Just not enough hours in the day!

Sher: How's the face? Ya, ol' smilie got voted off tonight! Honestly, it was his personality that bothered me, I thought he sang better then a few of the others.

Carol?? Carol who?? Do we know a Carol??? OH! That Carol!!!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK! KEEP POSTING!!

Friends, I try not to complain, but will you all keep me in your thoughts? Several years ago I was diagnosed with Lupus where it affected my circulatory system. My immune system dropped and I suffered huge ulcers on my legs. The legs swelled to where I could hardly walk, and the sores ulcerated deep on my vein areas to the point I still have scarring and tender tissue. It was really bad around my ankle area. They put me on steroids and eventually it ran its course. It's my understanding it can lay dormant for several years and then you'll have a flare up. The past week I have had some of the same symptoms, swelling of one ankle, water retention and terrible fatigue. I am praying its nothing because I really DO NOT want to go through all of that again!

ShelleyM
03-25-2004, 05:43 AM
Gayle-Please go have it checked out! I can't believe that you have never told us about this. You are a very dear friend, and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know!

bootwoman
03-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Gayle, my mother-in-law had lupus eryethematosus for 20 years. It is nothing to mess with. GO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT!!!

Sherry
03-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Howdy :wave:

This will be very short. I leaving soon for water aerobics.:D

Gayle,
Please....Please.....Please go to the Dr!!! DO WHAT YOU PREACH!!! I'm worried about you! Lupus is nothing to fool around with. Let us know if you go to the Dr....ok?

Gotta go.....Love You All!!!

tinagailh
03-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi all! Just checking in for a minute.

My uncle passed away yesterday evening with his family with him. He is no longer suffering. The funeral is Saturday.

Gayle please take care of yourself. Get to a dr. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Talk to you all later.

Tina

Deelite
03-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Gayle I love you and never, I said never feel like you complain to us when you are dealing with something. We care. We are here for you. I will pray for you but go to the doctor. Your tissue is in the mexican mail. It is so weird knowing that he lived here. His bedroom sure is big with a beautiful terras off of it, overlooking the cathedral and the bay. It such an awesome sight.

Vicki enjoy your visit with your parents. Each day is a gift. I know that it is hard for you.

Carol so good to hear that you posted. Please continue to post.

Debbie I am happy that you went to Grannymom and Grandaddys farm. I am sure that you have many special memories from there. Cherish them.

Tina how is your uncle doing? I know that this is hard for the family. Take care.

Shelley you are so lucky that your root canel didn't hurt. I had to have one without freezing. All I can say is OUCH. Never again.

Ramona, Shelley had a good idea about the monitor with for your mom. Remember that care givers have to take care of themselves too.

Sherry how is your face doing? You also need to go to the doctor. Take care of yourself.

This morning when I got up I went up to the top terras ( every room has one but the upper floor is just terras) and had my coffee as I looked out to the ocean watching a school of dolphins. It is so weird to be sitting here at Casa Yelapa and listening to people speak spanish as they past by on the street and hear the church bells chime. I just love it so much. The sky is blue, the bay is calm and it is hot. My boobs are golden brown. lol Juliana and I walked dodging the sun on the shady side of the sidewalk. This village has so much caracter (sp? I am brain dead, it will come to me later) We stopped by a sidewalk restaurant with all of four tables and had delicious shrimp tacos with jicama salad. We were just stuffed. On our walk we ran into many poeple we knew or that Juliana introduced me too. We arrived back to the casa around 1:00 quickly changed into our bathing suits and jumped into a refreshing pool. I am enjoying life to the fullest. I know that I am so fortunate to be here. Last night when the church bells were ringing for the mass I decided to attend it and thank the Lord for all the good things in my life. This cathderal holds many memories from our last visit when we were praying for mom to survive. The music was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. Juliana worked last night and also she is working tonight.
I really don't mind because I wander around Vallarta and enjoy every moment. The night sky is so beautiful. The sun sets into the ocean and it has been a spectacular view. What beauty there is here with all the flowering trees. So much I would like to tell you but I don't want to bore you all. Well time to hike up to our 7th floor and watch one more spectacular sunset. When I am on vacation I always think of you girls and think how lucky I am to have such precious friends. This time being have a pc with me I feel like I can keep in touch with you guys alll the time. Thanks for everything.

Love Dee

Deelite
03-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Tina sorry to hear about your uncle. It took me awhile to write this post. I am glad that he is at peace now. Take care.

DebbieA
03-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Tina....

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Just recently going through a great loss myself, I feel so much for your family. Losing a loved one is hard but at a young age seems it would be worse. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and especially with your cousin.

Hugs...debbie

bootwoman
03-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Tina, you and all of your family members are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is hard, but try to take comfort in the peace that your uncle is now enjoying.

Sherry
03-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Tina,
I'm so sorry for your loss.May you & your family find peace.You're in my prayers. :angel:

Dee,
Your trip sounds amazing! I was taken it all in while I was reading your post. I closed my eyes and was dreaming I was there! You lucky girl!! The house sounds beautiful!! Do have a good & fun trip...You deserve it!! :grouphug:

About my face:
The spot is almost gone!!! Each day it has got better.I don't know what it was and may never know, but it's better.Thanks for asking everyone.

I'm soooooo sore!! The teacher of tonights water aerobics was much tougher then the Monday night class. But as the saying goes... When you're sore, You're doing something right! :lol:

Hugs!!

Sherry
03-25-2004, 09:45 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #79..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!! :wave: