100 lb. Club - Things that make you happy
03-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Okay, I kind of stole this from another forum, but I like the idea a lot, particularly since we just had the first day of spring.
Things that make me happy:
1) A sunny day
2) Looking at all the flowers in bloom
3) Seeing the snow-capped mountains across the blue waters of Puget Sound
4) Walking my dogs
5) Having my old dog eat (she's 17 and it's getting rough)
6) Wearing "normal" sized clothing
7) Laughing with my DH
8) Phone calls from my kids
9) Hearing my granddaughter laughing in the background while I'm talking to my son on the phone
10) Having all my kids together and playing board games--we laugh and talk too loud and act silly and stay up too late
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
1) Laughing with my dad
2) When everything "just works out"
4) Laughing so hard it hurts really badly....
5) Being with my sisters, especially Robyn
6) Being with the kids I babysit
8) Sleeping in!
Ivanna B. Skinny
03-21-2004, 08:36 PM
1) Abby(DD) and Spencer (DH)
2) anything tropical
3) spending the afternoon with mom
4) Feeling healthy
7) 70+ degree weather
8) daffodils and lillys
03-21-2004, 10:52 PM
1. Feeling the first cool breeze of Fall blow across my face after a long hot Summer.
2. Riding the "Tilt-A-Whirl" at an amusement park.
3. When my dauhgter says something truely careing and thoughtful to me for no reason.
4. Coffee :coffee:
5. Making a big sale at work.
6. The beautiful, bright colors of Fall leaves.
03-21-2004, 11:37 PM
1. Family group hugs
2. Hearing my son laugh uncontrolably
3. His little smile
4. Laughing until I cry
5. A great workout!
03-22-2004, 12:00 AM
1.) Having a long talk with an old friend I haven't talked to in awhile.
2.) When my bf of 4 years tells me he loves me and kisses me goodnight.
3.) Setting goals for the future (saving to buy a house, etc.)
6.) The colours and feel of fall.
7.) General Hospital (sorry I'm an addict)
8.) Hot bubble baths
03-22-2004, 02:54 AM
1) Watching Lilly play or just staring at William's face
2) Being with Jeff (DH)
3) Accomplishing something I set out to do
4) Spending time outside on a beautiful day
6) Luxuriating in a nice tub
7) the smell of rain
8) Curling up with a good book
03-22-2004, 09:31 AM
1. Watching my kids do just about anything.
2. Going to the gym and working out then climbing in the hot tub and sauna :flow2:
3. Shopping with my mom.
03-22-2004, 12:01 PM
1. Laughing uncontrollably
2. Remodeling a room in our house
3. Riding my own Harley!
4. My husband...every day!
5. Loosing some pounds and inches during the week
6. Cold Cold glass of water after exercising
7. Talking to my mom and dad
8. Laughing with my sisters about my mom when we were growing up
9. My best friend Rhonda
10. Big Stretches
03-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Oh, great thread!
1. Coming home from work to have my DW greet me at the door with a kiss and a house full of lit candles.
2. The energy and feeling of accomplishment after working out.
3. Making whoopee! ;)
4. Seeing the scale go downwards.
5. Crisp, sunny days.
6. Feeling really good about how healthy my life has become.
7. Driving with the moonroof open, singing along to the music I love.
8. The unexpected scent of jasmine or honeysuckle.
9. When Lorraine (DW) tells me she's so proud of me.
10. Watching Lorraine so happy playing Tombraider.
11. Holding my cat, Simone, in my arms and hearing him purr.
12. Hearing, "Have you lost weight?"
13. Having a really productive day at work, and feeling like I did a great job.
14. Eating so clean I could eat off my conscience!
15. Hearing leaves swish in the breeze.
16. Summer thunderstorms.
17. Laughing my butt off.
18. When my Italian Greyhound, Louie, gets the zooms and runs as fast as he can.
19. Getting puppy kisses from Louie, or invitations for belly rubs.
20. Thinking about what a lucky girl I am.
03-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey Sarah, LOVE your number 3 and number 12.
Adding my own, I would say those days when you walk outside and just say "Man, it is really beautiful today." Not necessarily the the outside, but that wonder feeling.
And seeing my dog laying with his head on the pillow and the covers up to his chin like a person. My 6 lb chihuahua, the highlight of my day!!
03-23-2004, 06:04 PM
1. My precious Elijah's face
2. Our happy dog, Fabio
3. spending time with my sister and her family who live in Romania
4. not needing a coat - it's warm here today!
5. surprise money being found/ or someone giving us some unexpected cash
03-23-2004, 07:18 PM
1. My daughter - she is so amazing
2. Going out singing
3. Sleeping in on the weekend
4. Hot, sunny days
5. Being out in the country
* My kids and husband (most of the time) ;)
* Our Annual vacation in the very tiny ocean front cottage that we rent (don't know how much longer this will last ... afraid they'll go condo soon!)
* The first snow of the season
* Those unexpected WARM spring fever days that crop up in February
* "Scuffing" through the leaves in fall
* Laughing so much my face hurts
* COFFEE :coffee:
* buying clothes in smaller sizes!!