Support Groups - Taking it 1 week at a time #1

View Full Version : Taking it 1 week at a time #1

beachkid
03-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I decided today to get back on track to lose weight and I like the idea of trying to do one goal for an entire week. With this support group each person can post his or her goal(s) that he or she wants to do all week (it could be to exercise 30 minutes a day, to drink 64 oz of water per day, stay within calorie or point range, etc). The point is to motivate eachother to stick with it all week.
So, my goal for this week is to not eat dessert. For me this means any cookies, cakes, ice cream, candy, etc. But it does not include fruit or yogurt. Ok, starting today and hopefully going all week (and hopefully more than that!) that's what I'm going to do!

So post your goals and let's start this week off right!

impixy
03-21-2004, 03:01 PM
I think that is a GREAT idea. I always get so overwhelmed by the long term, that i forget that there are things that I can accomplish today. My goal for this week is to get to the gym 5 times and drink 2 litres of water a day. Good luck with your goal, it can be sooo hard to give up the treats but I know you can do it!!

mscat816
03-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi - I am sooo glad u started this thread. I used to be in a week-at-a-time group that disappeared long before the crash. I think this thread is just what I am looking for.

I am in my second week of 100 oz of water a day; 20 min of treadmill (or other cardio activity). Would like to continue those goals with this group. I need to add something for this week, but I need to think about it.

beachkid - thanks for starting this - YGG - you go girl! :smug:

impixy - we can do this together a day and a week at a time!

mscat
sw238/cw230/gw140

beachkid
03-21-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm so glad there's interest :)
impixy, those sound like great goals. I'm also working on 30 minutes of cardio a day but I didn't make it an official goal this week. Just starting with the sweets, maybe next week I'll add on another one. This is all about babysteps, right?
mscat, the goals you have already can work for this group but if you want to add on more that's great, too!!

We can do this--one week at a time!

beachkid
03-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Ok...well now it's monday, girls, and how are y'all doing? sticking with your goals?

I'm proud to say that I have been! Last night my dad brought out some macaroons and I deftly declined :) go me! And nothing for dessert today either...and I plan to keep it that way after dinner tonight.

I'd love to hear how you are doing impixy and mscat and any newcomers who'd like to join us!!

Good luck to all!

impixy
03-22-2004, 10:00 PM
way to go on saying no!! one of my biggest problems is that my boyfriend purposely tempts we with yummy foods. i made it through my goals today. drank two litres of water and did a really intense work out at the gym. here's to tomorrow!!
melissa

mscat816
03-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi!

Sounds like we all have had a good start to the week. I completed my exercise this a.m., just finished my 100 oz of water, and I stuck to my program all day with the exception of a few jelly beans I mindlessly ate from the receptionist's candy jar.

Despite all my good behavior - I seem to have picked up another pound. I am getting frustrated with this MWL program. I am almost certain that it does not have enough protein for me but we will give it to the end of the week. I have been on the program (unfortunately off and on due to illnesses, etc.) since June of last year and I have never broke 224.

I gave it a rest in November, read a book called "energy up" by High Voltage which promotes carbless eating. I lost 14 lbs and hit 220. I think I want to go back to that and drop MWL. Any opinions?

Have a great evening.

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140

mscat816
03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Just a quick update - having a fabulous Tuesday and a great week. I got on the scale and was down 3 lbs.! :cheer: :cheer: However, I have decided that the iron monster is not my friend. That number could easily go up by this evening and I could be down in the dumps. So part of this week's challenge includes avoiding the scale. :fr:

Gotta weigh in at MWL 3 times this week but after today I will tell them to keep my numbers to themselves! I am MAD about it - Motivated and Determined.

Who wants to be MAD with me? Check in and share what you are MAD about this week!

mscat
sw238/last reported cw226/gw140

HatterasMermaid
03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey Ya'll! May I join?! I need a serious KICK in the fanny! I am trying to set some little goals and stick to them.... I'm thinking that this thread is the answer!

My goals for the week are:

HatterasMermaid
03-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Yikes sorry....got so excited that I guess I pushed something wrong...
:o :D :^: :dizzy: :o :D :p :dizzy:
DUHHHH....nice entrance, huh?! You can just call me Grace! LOL

What I was gonna say before I began punching buttons like a fool wasssss....

My goals for the week are:
1. nothing but water to drink.... I'm not trying to set records on the amount right now...I'm just trying to get that Diet Code Red Mountain Dew monkey off my back! :(
2. MOVE..... ANYTHING for at least 30 minutes a day! ANYTHING, girl...just try! :)
3. eat with control and thought. ARGHHHHH....

Anywhooo there are my goals for this week! I'll check in tomorrow to cheer you guys on with your progress! YOU can do it!

In my best Scarlett voice, "Tomorrow IS another day!" Make the most of it!
take care,
Robyn the HatterasMermaid
215.5 sw / 178.5 cw / 150gw

impixy
03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
hey guys!
thumbs up to everyone one who's making progress, and welcome to "Grace" :D . it was another successful day for myself: 2 litres of water and a great workout. ofcourse the success is probably because it's the beginning of the week...i don't do so well on the weekends. good luck to everyone tomorrow!!
melissa

HatterasMermaid
03-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Okey...lets see if I can "drive" this thing! I wanted to check in and cheer everyone on while I can say that I'm "successful" at my goals! So..."Go everyone!" I'm about to get going for the day....My water bottle is full. My meals for the day are planned. And I have NO soda in the house! Yipee! I can do this. You can do this!

Thanks for the welcome melissa...I will try to control my "Grace" from here on out....but I will tell you...sometimes I'm just so graceful I can't help myself! ...chortle...chortle...chortle!

I'm off to face the day!
Robyn

beachkid
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
First I want a warm welcome to HatterasMermaid! You seem really enthusiastic and that's what we need to have a great support group--right on :)

mscat congrats on the loss!! :cp:
impixy, maybe if we all support eachother we can continue our good behavior through the weekend!

As for me, I've continued to resist dessert except last night after dinner I had one altoid tangerine sour. I can't imagine it being very many calories--they're tiny! so I don't think it was a big goof--I just wanted a different taste in my mouth and since we went out to dinner i couldn't brush my teeth or anything. And I did a good job at the restaurant I just had soup in a bread bowl and ate less than half the bowl and then some of my brother's cole slaw. Not bad I think. Meanwhile my brother and our friend were eating 10 oz hamburgers--does that not sound huge to anyone else?
Anyway...We ROCK!! woohoo...let's keep it up! :D

impixy
03-24-2004, 10:18 PM
just a quick post for me...a little busy right now. i drank more than 2L of water and went to the gym (yea me!!). congrats to everyone. sorry this has to be so breif
melissa

HatterasMermaid
03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Well gang, you kept me honest! :D

I drank my water.
I ate with my brain engaged.
I EVEN exercised for the 2nd night in a row.
....I nearly lost my mind with that darn MountainDewMonkey.... HE is screaming my name! hehehe

BUT....I did it!
Thank you for being here ...keeping me honest...and saying nice things! It makes a world of difference!

Tomorrow is another day! water, food, exercise....and of course NO Dew! gasp! :)
take care,
Robyn

beachkid
03-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Nice job guys! water water water!

I resisted chewy oatmeal cookies after dinner tonight--my brother was eating them and the bag was right next to me but I didn't eat any! yay!

Jsunshine
03-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Just a quick update - having a fabulous Tuesday and a great week. I got on the scale and was down 3 lbs.! :cheer: :cheer: However, I have decided that the iron monster is not my friend. That number could easily go up by this evening and I could be down in the dumps. So part of this week's challenge includes avoiding the scale. :fr:

Gotta weigh in at MWL 3 times this week but after today I will tell them to keep my numbers to themselves! I am MAD about it - Motivated and Determined.

Who wants to be MAD with me? Check in and share what you are MAD about this week!

mscat
sw238/last reported cw226/gw140

IN ALL THE DIETS I'VE BEEN ON IN MY LIFETIME .. THERE'S ONE THING I LEARNED . .THE SCALE IS 'NOT' YOUR FRIEND ..
ITS THE BIGGEST ENEMY A DIETER CAN HAVE ...

SO I LEARNED TO TAKE MY MEASUREMENTS. ..
I STARTED MY DIET (THE MOST RECENT ONE :(
3/10/04 AT 185, LOST 5 LBS THE FIRST WEEK . (I'M ON WW AT HOME)
SINCE 3/14, I HAVENT' LOST A SINGLE LB ... SO I TOOK MY MEASUREMENTS .. 3/18 AND I'D LOST 3" ...B,W,H, ONE OFF EACH ..
TODAY I WAS STILL AT 180 AND WAS STARTING TO FEEL 'THAT OL' FEELING' OF WANTING TO JUST TOSS IN THE TOWEL .. SO I MEASURED MYSELF THIS MORNING AND GUESS WHAT >??? 2 MORE INCHES.. THAT'S A TOTAL OF 5" IN 13 DAYS ... ;)
IT'S WORKING!!!!
THINK I'LL GO AND BEAT UP MY SCALE ..;)

GOOD LUCK ALL ... IM A NEW POSTER TO 3FC . THO I'VE BEEN LURKING FOR A COUPLE OF YRS NOW ..
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. . JEANNE- J1SIMAC@BELLSOUTH.NET

mscat816
03-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Great Wednesday!

I am NOT weighing myself or allowing MWL to weigh me until Friday. Don't know or care what the scale says but I know my jean skirt felt different today. I agree with jsunshine - inches and how you feel is more important than the scale.

I got my exercise done this a.m., ate my 3 nutrients, stuck to the meal plan all day, and I am working hard on the water. It is soooo late it will be difficult to finish unless I chug-a-lug which means up and down to the bathroom all night.

jsunshine - thanks for your words of encouragement!

beachkid - Cudos on resisting those cookies!

welcome hatterasmermaid

See ya tomorrow!
mscat

Alya
03-25-2004, 08:45 AM
I'd love to jump into this group if possible :D I need a one-week-at-a-time-thing to keep me going.

Focus for this week:
(1) 2 Litres water minimum a day
(2) At least 30 minutes exercise a day
(3) Conscious and healthy eating. At least 600 cals and no more than 1400 cals.

:coffee: Day One starts tomorrow!

HatterasMermaid
03-26-2004, 10:12 PM
TGIF! I'm heading to bed early! WHAT a week this was! Did fairly well with my goals for the day...UNTIL I got home for work! What IS the secret for not throwing the whole day in the trash can between the hours of 5 and 6 pm??? YIKES! Anyway....I'll be back this weekend to check on all of you!
Tomorrow I begin doing one of my REAL (nearly an hour) Firm tapes. I may die! :lol:

take care! make the most of the weekend!
Robyn

Alya
03-27-2004, 09:10 AM
I've done goals one and two, but I screwed up three today :( Tomorrow will compensate for it.

HatterasMermaid - I know exactly how you feel, I do well all day, and then when I get home it all goes down the drain.

beachkid
03-27-2004, 11:01 PM
I would like to welcome all newcomers!
Don't worry about slipping up...just get back on track and remember your goals :)

I've still resisted desserts!! I was really tempted to get an ice cream or something or a donut at dunkin' donuts tonight since I was at South Station in boston getting dinner before my bus left. But I didn't :) it helps when you have to spend money to get the food! I did say no to Milanos that my friend offered me though :) Yay! Weigh-in is tomorrow for me and tomorrow is the last day of this first week!

Good Luck to all!

Alya
03-28-2004, 02:48 AM
1) Haven't done the full two litres yet, but by tonight will definately be done.
2) Not sure if will be able to exercise tonight, was meant to play basketball tomorrow, but have too many assessments coming up :(
3) 600 calories so far, and will have another 200 or so for dinner. So I'm within my range but my doctor will yell at me *hides in corner*

beachkid - nice work with the resisting temptations ;) I have donuts in my kitchen right now, but I resisted as well and now craving has totally passed.

HatterasMermaid
03-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Weekends are so hard for my goals and plans...yet...weekends are the only time I am not totally STRESSED out and pushed to the limit...NOW how does that work?

Went to the movies last night...didn't get any snacks or drinks..yeaaaa! We saw Jersery Girl...NOT a typical Kevin Smith movie (didn't expect it to be!) ...only one F word was uttered!...Thought it was cute and I fell in love with Ben again! :)

Yesterday was beautiful here. Finally! (Today is cold again...) I rode bikes with my
youngest son. We went far enough and fast enough that I counted it as my exercise! It was fun! Perhaps we will bundle up and go again today.... if not I will do one of my Firm tapes! yipeee!

I've got the munchies so badly right now....and NOTHING in the house that is good for me. Today is grocery day...and I've got to get the menus for the week made, the shopping list done...and then go to the store. What fun! Guess I better attack it!

take care, be strong! ....make your plan and stick to it!
Robyn

impixy
04-05-2004, 02:32 AM
hi everyone!!!
I hope everyone's still out there. Ok last week i didn't even post, :nono: but this week will be different. Since I didn't make it to the gym even once last week, my goal this week is to go to the gym 5 times, drink two litres of water a day, and here's the kicker....actually do weights at the gym (at least twice) even though i hate them. ok so here's to a new week, i hope everyone will join me on this board again... :)
melissa

zookeeper
04-11-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm brand new to 3FC and was looking for a group - the week-at-a-time goals sound like something I could do, so mind if I tag along?

Easter weekend at my family's was HARD but not a total write-off. We're back home now so I don't have 4 kinds of dessert sitting out.

Goals for this week:

64 oz of water every darn day
Exercise 45 min 5 days this week
Go to bed by 10pm so I can get up early to exercise

:tread:

impixy
04-11-2004, 10:00 PM
hi zookeeper!
I started posting in this thread a while ago but it's been quite some time since someone has posted back :( i miss everyone!

I think your goals are quite reasonable. You can do it :D. Do you get a lot of support at home? Do you have a big family? Sorry if I'm prying...I just wonder what things are like for other people.

Personally, I've been off my plan for almost two weeks now, I'm in the middle of final exams, so i think my weight might be up next time I check :^: . I have no one to blame but myself....

My goals for this week are:
2 litres of water a day
exercise 5 times + do weights twice...grrr I hate those weights
absolutely,positively no CHIPS...they are my biggest weakness

we can do this together

zookeeper
04-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi Impixy!

I'm newly married, and my husband has the kind of metabolism where he can eat darn near everything and stays skinny. I think he weighs 20 lbs less than I do right now. He is very supportive, and hides the junk food he gets so I don't see it and get tempted. The rest of my family (mom, grandma, etc) are absolutely wonderful people who are happiest when everyone's eating. I think I declined food about 15 times yesterday (Are you sure you don't want some cheesecake? Do you want some more pasta? Can I make you a sandwich?) As long as I'm here at home I don't even have to deal with all that.

I woke up late, so there goes the 45 min of exercise this am. I'll have time this evening, but it is so hard for me to get motivated to exercise then.

Okay, here we go into today...

impixy
04-12-2004, 09:56 PM
not doing so well today... no water yet. I am going to stay up late (to study) so maybe i'll get it in. :^: It's great that at home you have lots of support. I think it's easier to be strong "out there", when there is a supportive home to come back to.
melissa

impixy
04-13-2004, 05:32 PM
ok, so i didn't drink any water today and i didn't go to the gym. I can't seem to get my butt in gear! I lost a bunch of wieght and now that i'm nearing the end i'm losing my motivation. I can see myself gaining it back because i'm not doing the work. Ok, I have the whole evening in front of me so I WILL get my water in tonight!! though, truth be told I probably won't make it to the gym.

My goals:
2 litres of water a day
hit the gym 5 times a week (2 of those times doing weights)
no potato chips

good luck zookeeper!!!
melissa

zookeeper
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi Impixy,

Sounds like you have a whole lot going on! I have had trouble this week getting in much exercise (migraine today, so there is NO way) but I'm sticking to the eating plan and forcing down the water. We all have plateaus - after all, we have real, busy lives. You've done great with your weight loss so far, and this rough patch doesn't mean the end of that. Even if you hang in there and maintain until things calm down that's a good thing. Let me say it again..

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

:cheer:

HANG IN THERE - YOU'RE STRONG

:strong:

One of my favorite quotes is from my dad, "All's well that ends." A nice (probably more realistic) adaptation of the old classic. Good luck with your studies and don't be too hard on yourself, okay?

Jessica