Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:59 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters - more for March

Greetings, Chatters--
I hope everyone has had a great Saturday. Did y'all stay OP?
I did really well. I might have over-done tonight. (I didn't count points.)
It was a beautiful day. I worked in my veggie garden, preparing it for planting.
I'm sure mine (garden) isn't as large as Susan's. Mine is pretty small. It's in one corner of our backyard.
I've had trouble growing tomatoes for several years. I'm going to try again this time. I do great with jalapeno peppers. I usually make jelly with them.

Tammy, I hope you had fun today. Maybe tomorrow you'll have some time for yourself.

Susan, how was the wedding? I hope you didn't overdo it.

Sis, what's going on with you?

Maureen, Is it still snowing up there?

BJ, we miss hearing from you. I'm sure you've been busy with your new night job. Give us a post, will ya!

Tina
Old 03-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

We had a BEAUTIFUL day here yesterday as well, Tina. My hubby and I even went up town to our park and took a walk on the hiking trail. It's 2.2 miles and its so much more interesting than just walking up our road. I have managed to stay the same as far as weight. I'm not complaining though at least I haven't gained. I just need to keep up this walking and such when the weather stays nice. It snowed last night. But it won't last. Hope everyone had a wonderful week end....Sis
Old 03-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #3  

Susan, your day sounded more like a nightmare than fun!! Hope you had a great time.

Tina, I dreamed about tomato plants last night!!! Maybe that means I'm supposed to try again this year. lol

Hi Sis! Your walk sounds nice on the trail. I need to get out and do more walking in other places instead of the same old thing.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:53 AM   #4  

Hi all! Another day, another dollar. lol I am getting very lazy. I don't like getting up to go to school. I'd rather stay in that comfortable bed. I'm fine once I get to school, it's just getting there that is the problem.

Tim has a band concert tonight. I had thought about not going because I know it's going to hurt sitting on the bleachers in the gym. I heard the band at contest Sat., but the choir and the jazz band are playing tonight too. Tim will be playing one song with the jazz band.

I'd think my aches and pains from the fall would be easing up faster than they are, but I guess my age is playing a part in this. My right arm and leg just ache constantly. I've been trying to get some walking in, but I have to stop after a while because it hurts too much.

I guess I have to go get started or I'll end up being late. I've only been late to school once in the 27 years that I've been there. That was when my car wouldn't start at a gas station after I had filled up. That was an awful feeling!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Good morning everyone,
Tammy, I'm so sorry you are still feeling achy from your spell. I'm sure that hurts like everything! Are you taking something like Advil? That always helps me. Walking probably aggravates your pain. 'Wish we could take it away from ya.

Susan, you are so quiet now that you are pregnant. I miss you posting all the time. Has the tiredness eased up any? Do you have many cravings?

Sis, I'm glad you're getting to walk. I wish we had a park nearby that was safe to walk in.

BJ, are you out there???????

Maureen, I hope Canada is having good Spring weather now.

Anyone else want to talk???????
Well, friends, we got our car out of the shop yesterday afternoon and it still isn't fixed right. grumble, grumble, grumble....... This could cause a woman to eat!!!!! Larry called the guy this morning about our disgust and the car still not being fixed. He is going to get one of the older mechanics and tell him about it. Then, I'm to drive it over there and the mechanic will drive around with me and see what we're talking about. I don't like this!!!!! I think I'll get a Diet Coke.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #6  

Tina, the concert started 10 minutes ago. Bob and Tim both thought I should stay home and not aggravate my aches any more. I've been taking Advil. I've only taken one at a time. I took 2 right before supper tonight. It seems to have helped. Maybe I'll have to take 2 when I take them.

You and that car!!!! It is so frustrating!!! Go ahead and have a Diet Coke. I might even drink something here to help you in your frustration!!! lol
Old 03-23-2004, 10:12 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Thanks for the encouragement, Tammy--
I had 2 diet drinks today. See, I really needed help!
We didn't wait for the car tech to call. We dropped off the car tonight and Larry will call the service manager tomorrow morning.
We've both had enough of this mess.

Tammy, I'm so glad you stayed home to rest. I always have to take 2 Advil to do any good. The box says try to take just one but two does the trick for me.

Where is everyone else tonight?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #8  

I'm glad that I stayed home last night too. I took 2 Advil earlier this evening, and I plan to take one before I go to bed. Today my knees are hurting. Weird. I don't like pain at all. Falling really has done a number on me.

This week has seemed so long! I'm ready for it to be over. lol

What's the news on the car Tina?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:58 PM   #9  
Susan

Hi,

Well I just realized that I'm not getting the email notifications again. Well, let me tell you about the wedding. Ready??? The rehearsal was a mess, dinner was at Olive Garden ( had over an hour wait) no reservations, and we had to pay for our own meal, got home at 11:00 pm. I couldn't believe it!!! Then the wedding was at 4, I had to be there at 10:30, I actually arrived at 11:00. I got home at 11:00 pm again. I have been totally wiped out!!!!!!

I took today off. My nephew was flying back home to Alabama so my brother was driving him over to the airport. I spent some of the day with them.

I also went and bought some maternity clothes. I bought a dress and some shirts and then a pair of jean shorts. I'm starting to pop out. My brother's girl friend said I look pregnant. I still think I look fat. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks I'll really start looking like I'm pregnant.

Tammy, soak in epsom salt. I am a big believer in doing that and it will easy some of the soreness.

Tina, Oh girl!!!! Have a diet coke for me with lime, PLEASE!!! I wish I could have one. Oh man, I would be so mad about the car!!!

Oh, I'm feeling better. I'm still tired but not as much.

Ya'll have a great evening.

Susan
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Car News
You see that I'm finally smiling! We got our car back tonight and it seems fine---finally. Larry talked to the Service Manager and I think that did the trick. The place did a couple of things at their expense. The tech then took it out for a road test, himself (which he should have done before).
So, everyone keep their fingers crossed that nothin' goes wrong.

Tammy, I'm sorry you are still sore.

Susan, I've missed you. Sometime I don't get notified and so I just look at the site.
Good for you for buying some clothes. I've looked at them and have seen some pretty ones.

I'm excited about weighing tomorrow. (I'll do it at home.) I just feel thinner.
We went out for Mexican food tonight but I don't think that will hurt the weigh-in.
Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #11  
Susan

Hi,
I love it since it is staying light longer. I feel like I haven't spent all my day at school. Once it's dark, I think I have to be inside. It was a rule in our house when the street lights come on you better be home or on your way home. I'm still that way.

Tina, I'm SO HAPPY you got your car fixed!!! Yippee!!! It took them long enough.

Tammy, how are you feeling? I sure hope better.

BJ, we miss you!!!

Next week starts our last 9 weeks. It's weird knowing that I'm not coming back. I told our new principal when she was at Open House. I have her daughter and have known her for years. She will officially start this summer. She understood but said I always have a job. I still haven't told mine current principal. I'm going to wait until the end of April, I think.

Well, better go figure out what's for dinner. Mexican sounds good but I would rather go out. We only go out on the weekends. It might be tacos tonight.

Good luck on weigh in!!

Susan
Old 03-25-2004, 07:52 PM   #12  

Susan, the rehearsal and the wedding sound like a lot of work!!! You had to be tired. That was too much. Shopping for maternity clothes sounds like fun. I don't want to do it for me though. lol

Diet Coke with Lime is quickly becoming one of my favorite things.

Tina, my fingers are crossed for your car!! (and you) Bob and I went for Mexican food tonight. Yummy. I have enough left over for a couple more meals.

My knees aren't quite as sore today, but still bothering me.

Susan, it has to be weird knowing you won't be back at school. It's already weird knowing that I only have 3 more years!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #13  
Susan

Tammy,
Wow, 3 years left!! I'll be pushing my number of years back since I'm taking several off. I'm glad your knees are better!! Oh I can't wait to have a diet coke with lime!! It will be one of the first things I'll be having when I can have one.

Susan
Old 03-26-2004, 08:53 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
By the way, that Mexican food I had was wonderful! I had a chicken dinner, chicken taco, chicken enchilada, chicken tostado. I don't think the tamale was chicken, though.

I am sooooo excited because I'm losing weight again. My goal weight is 147. I don't know when I'll get there, however, I have high hopes.

Susan, I bet it is a weird feeling knowing you have so few weeks left at work.
Tammy, take care of those boobies, etc.
Sis, I hope your weather is good again and you're getting to walk in that park.
Maureen, are you still walking to work. I don't see how you can keep two jobs. That sounds awfully hard.

Lynnie, how's it going?
Amanda, well, I don't know if Amanda knows about this thread.

Did anyone watch The Apprentice last night????? I look at those skinny women and wonder what they eat. I went looking for a dress and actually saw a Size 0. I couldn't imagine a grown woman getting into that thing.

Everyone have a super Friday.
Tina
Old 03-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday to everyone!
I made some delicious WW cinnamon rolls last night - for the weekend. If y'all would like the recipe, I'll post it. Each roll is 4 pts. They are Big.
I had 2 this morning with bacon and milk. Needless to say, I'm having 0 pt. salad for lunch and a small supper. It was worth it, though. They are soooo good.

What is everyone doing today?
Closed Thread