Support Groups - Chit Chat # 37

View Full Version : Chit Chat # 37

Jane
03-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Welcome everyone ~ :wave:

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you pull up a chair and join us? :cofdate:

Jana

Jane
03-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Shanna Banana - Jana also rhymes with banana! Sorry about your medical thing and that you have to make the drive. Glad you made it home safely, though.

Angie - take 1 down and pass it around, lol!! Wow, you are quite the seamstress!! You should design clothes on the side! I used to sew, but don't much anymore, but I made all of my clothes for school the summer before my senior year. My family didn't have much money and I wanted some "groovy" stuff, so I made it. This was the summer of 1970. The students weren't allowed to wear pants to school yet, so it was skirts and vests.

Marti - you can get some nice accessories at Claire's or Afterthoughts, one of those places. That's where we got Katie's jewelry for prom and the necklace came with matching earrings for $14. Hope you find just the right dress today!

Hi to the others! Hope Susan is enjoying her day off... it felt odd to sign in this morning and not see a post from her!!

Today I am taking food to the friend who had the hysterectomy. A pot a chili from me and a pan of brownies from Mary. Then I have to do my grocery shopping. How boring... yawn..... no other news.....

BBL,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
03-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Morning Jana, I am here :)

I am just having a slow morning. Woke up at 6 and started getting ready.

I put my hair in curlers. I don't know if I do it right. I put mouse in and roll the .........um, roller -lol- Gabster woke up and sat her in front of the tv while I finished up.
Got her dressed, couldn't find my keys. Ugh........sat her back in front of the tv and went looking for the keys.
Found them in a pan on the stove, under some papers.

Exactly where I keep them!!!! NOT........:)

Wasn't going to take Beck to school but decided I would. We had gone to Target yesterday for new PJ's, because she has PJ Day at school. Anyway, wanted to see her.

Came in my curlers and she said I couldn't take her.WhatEVER......rude little girl. It isn't like I was going to get out of the car or embarrass her or anything..... - goodness knows I was dressed *cool*......cause I just put the same thing on from yesterday.....lol.

I enjoyed my evening off. Took a hot bath , did my toe nails in a pink color and went through photos looking for *before* pictures. I didn't find many, almost started to think that Rachel & Rebecca didn't have a mother......no one to be seen in those pictures. Though there was some of me just after they were born.........go figure. :)
Anyway, will photo copy and send off for you Jana & Cristi.

I need to work on some recent ones.Maybe over the weekend, suppose to be sunny weather.

Hey, Angie!!! Miss you. Glad the job is going well so far......
Ever just think of starting your own sewing service?? Some people like me could use someone like you........I can't sew worth a darn.

Marti- Hope you find a dress!!! I am sure you will....
I got married in the court house in a mini denim skirt and t-shirt - put a lot of thought into that , eh?? Maybe think of a skirt?? I love skirts myself. I also liked the way Sandra Bullock dressed in Hope Floats- with those sun dresses and cute sweater.

Yes, I know about Kayecee and Antonio, Jana...........lol. Spanish accents are sexy, I think. When I heard John speak with his Arkansas accent I thought " I guess I could get use to that"...lol John has only lived there 3 years,was surprised he had an accent.

Blah,blah...........k, best get.

Hope you all Jaded Ladies have a wonderful day!!!

Mom2Gaby
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Morning Again,

Gabster & I are headed out for a walk. I read my walking/running board and am inspired!! :)

I did my finger nails, living on the wild side now. Thinking I will have to buy some latex gloves to do dishes.

Hey, Shanna!! See you in the 21 day challenge thread. I am soooooo lazy to post on other threads.....lol.

Curious if you go to OHSU?? Real close to me,let me know.....would love to meet you. You can always take Gaby back with you to Springfield!! :) She would love to spend quility time with her Auntie Shanna :)

Ok, getting off my arse.........goodness knows it is starting to spread.

TTYL :)

FrouFrou
03-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Marti~I don't know how I could have handled the stress of a formal/big wedding but I must say having a wedding at home was still stressful. Of course there was enough stress with just trying to decide between a small church wedding, which I really wanted, a garden wedding, our second choice but with not being able to predict the weather?? decided against it. Having it at home was our third choice. I want to say had it gotten anymore stressful than it was we were headed to a justice of the peace. We did store bought invites and ordered nice announcements from a wedding catalog-spent months on deciding that, the flowers, cake & topper and reception details...Didn't really have a theme but our colors were pink. Of course you can't plan on wedding day blunders, such as the cake being crooked, the flowers being wrong & a half dead bouquet, etc. I think that was about it. I was angry about the flowers but the cake we kind of laughed about. Had we had a garden wedding EVERYTHING would have been blown away-it was sooooo very windy that day. I don't think it matters what kind of wedding you have there is going to be stress! :dizzy: In the end though I think it is very well worth all the stress. I do hope you find the *perfect* dress for you.

Susan~I too loved the dresses Sandra Bullock wore in Hope Floats. Love, love, love that movie by the way. I love the part when the little girl is talking about her mom having a skunk :lol3: My dd wore a dress similar in style, it was grey with small white daisies with a pink dot in the center of the flower & a pink sweater. I wish I could have found a dress as pretty as hers was. Mine was okay, it wasn't like WOW-that is beautiful. I wanted a tea length lace dress, kind of old-fashioned but couldn't find one. I even checked the goodwill. So I went with the next best thing-a long pink one, it did have a little bit of lace at the top. But those dresses in Hope Floats would be a perfect dress for a wedding. Anyway, all this talk about weddings is making me want to go watch our video.

Sorry ladies for boring you with details about our wedding. This is Marti's special time-I just love weddings and hearing about everyones special day, what can I say??

Jana~hope your friend is feeling fine, she will be thankful for the chili and brownies. have fun grocery shopping.

Angie~glad you are liking your new job.

Shanna~okay, I was saying your name correctly, but wanted to make sure. I have seen Shanna pronounced as Shay-na.

Finally found the stinking remote yesterday. Carrie was looking for lipstick in one of her boxes and it was there. We turned this house upside down looking for it-how it ended up there we will never know. :dunno: Just glad we found it so we are not charged up to $100. Had to get those shipped back to UPS this morning, of course finding a place to do it was a bear. Ended up on the west side of Wichita at a Office Depot, which was fine because I had to get copies of tax papers so killed two birds with one stone yet again. Other than that not a whole lot going on in my neck of the woods. Hope all is going well in yours. See ya later ladies :wave:

Marti
03-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Afternoon ladies--

I'm in the process of getting myself ready so I can go look at more dresses today. My good friend Shanna is coming with me so I don't have to feel awful all alone!! :smug:

Well let me quickly tell you how my morning went!!

I was relaxing on the couch reading the newspaper when all of a sudden,,,I hear this loud popping noise then a gushing sound. I had no idea what it was, so I got up and went to the source.....HOLY COW!!! My water heater hose sprang a leak!! It was shooting out hot water!! I had no idea where to turn the water off at so I had to wake James up to help me....he's running around then goes out to the sidewalk and turns it off. (poor guy....he went to bed at 6:30 and this happened around 9:30!)

My utility room was flooded and it started running into the kitchen...I used every towel in the house to soak up the water and I mopped my butt off!! (boy don't I wish! :D ) I was sweating like crazy!! (does that count for my exercise for the day??) :lol:

So....everything is cleaned up and back to normal. The hose is fixed temporarily, we will be replacing it tomorrow....with a better hose!! Boy....I can't even begin to imagine if I had a final today...James wouldn't have heard it at all! Our whole house would have been under water! Picture my dogs swimming around instead of running around! :lol:

Ok....need to get finished getting ready...meeting Shanna at the mall at 2:00

I'll try to check in later tonight.

Marti

RAR
03-19-2004, 05:13 PM
HI! Everyone hope that you are having a great Friday been a busy day slept most of the day as I worked thursday night now going in having to do 12 hrs Marti I sent you my e mail hope I did it rig ht RIta

FrouFrou
03-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm baaaaack! :lol: :) Okay, being silly. I am bored and have nothing to do so I have been off and on the puter :comp: since I posted last. I really need to get a life :yes: :yes: I am going to type up Vince's resume here soon. He lost the old one when we bought the new computer-has different programs, which I like a lot better.

Marti~I am so sorry about your fiasco this morning-that is terrible. I would have never thought that the hose on a water heater would break...learn something new everyday. Is there not a shut-off valve on the water heater?? Just curious... I know there is for the pilot light and always thought there was for the water. Hmmm :chin: I am going ot have to look at ours to see in case this should ever happen I will know what to do. I used to know where all the turn-offs for things around the house were from living in CA with the earthquakes-had to be prepared just in case. But now that I have a man around the house and I leave it to him, not good. Especially since he is gone at work. Well, I am glad it wasn't anything complicated and costly. Have a great day shopping, you and Miss Shanna Banna. :D Hopefully you will find a purdy dress today. :crossed: :goodluck:

Hiya Rita~glad to see you popping in. I hope you got your much needed rest/sleep before pulling a 12-hour shift.

Hi to everyone else-again! :) :wave: Don't be surprised if I am back again. :lol:

Marti
03-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I found a dress!! And thanks to Shanna I didn't go crazy...(although I was close) :D Poor Shanna had to put up with me and all the trying....(actually I only tried a few....more like struggled to put them on)

I brought it home and James told me to put it on so he could see and when I showed him...he had a big smile, so I know we picked a good one!

THANK YOU SHANNA FOR BEING THERE FOR ME!!

Ok...I gotta get going...visiting grandma.

BBL
Marti

da fat n da furious
03-19-2004, 10:45 PM
YAY!! you found the dress!!! and shoes?
I would have freaked out about the hose....Im ok under pressure but,,,,the mess. We once had a flood, the whole town actually and our basement was under 2 feet of water. I cried so much that day I must of added a couple inches. We lost so much, christmas decorations and clothes..
Anyways Im glad all is well again.

I am heading out with the girls to karioke again...lol
ttfn
Angie
99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bottle of beer

FrouFrou
03-19-2004, 11:37 PM
:cp: :cp: :cp: Yaaaaay, Marti found a dress!! Details lady, we want details!! OMG-you let James see your dress?! :nono: You should have surprised him. Did you find shoes to match and accessories?? Can't remember if it was mentioned, but what is James, & Jhanai wearing?? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)Anyway, I am glad you found a dress. Have a nice visit with your grandma.

Angie I too know all too well about a flooded basement. The sump pump had quit working and when we went to bed it was dry as a bone even though it had rained for days, it was coming down hard that night. He jumped up out of bed at about 3 in the morning to about a foot of water. We got to work quick putting things up on blocks and the ping pong table. All was not lost, but could have been. I was just amazed at how fast the water was filling up the basement. Have fun a fun night at karaoke with the girls. :)

Just finished watching a movie on Lifetime, yes Lifetime-love that station. The kids are always teasing me about always watching it. Gonna go see if I can find another good movie and maybe do some reading in between. Have a good evening ladies. :wave:

:kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan: :kickcan:

Mom2Gaby
03-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Hi,

Wonderful that you were able to find a dress that you liked, Marti :)
I am sure that is a huge relief off your mind.

Wasn't Sandra Bullock lovely in Hope Floats, Cristi?? I just think she is great. Just seems like a nice person, love all her movies,especially 28 Days, thought that was funny.
Anyway, would like to have her clothes in my closet.lol

Angie.........you have so much fun!! Last time (only time, really) that I went karaoke(ing) was with Traci, Brian's friend.Of course I had to get drunk and sang "Islands In The Stream" with some other drunk.....lol ((hey, this was years ago before I grew up!)) :)
Hope you and the girls had fun??

Hi, Rita :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend

Ok, I am headed to join Gabster in tv land. My 2nd night off and am enjoying every minute.

:)

Marti
03-20-2004, 04:25 AM
Hi ladies--

Details?? Boy aren't we a bunch of inquiring minds? :D

The dress I bought is cute. It's a bluish purplish color with flowers....very springy. I also went to Walmart (Shanna's suggestion---) and found some really cute shoes!! I've never owned opened toed shoes before and these are cute. When I got home, and tried on the dress, I put on my shoes....they match perfectly.
As for accessories....I'm thinking of wearing the diamond heart shaped necklace James bought me for our first Christmas. So I'm set. As for James, I don't know what he's wearing, something nice he says. :) Jhanai told me that she has a pretty summer dress that she wants to wear. I was going to buy her an outfit, but then I did my checkbook and thought I better wait. If I get my check next week before the wedding, I may go and buy her one. I feel bad, that I have to wait and see, but she does have TONS of dresses.

My visit with my grandmother was nice. I told her about my dress, and then she told me that her dress she got married in was purple.......I had forgotten. It was nice to hear that I'm not only sharing their anniversary, but I'm also wearing similar colors!!

Ok...it's almost 12:30 and I need to get some sleep. I will chat with you all tomorrow....I may have James take a picture of me in my dress so I can post it for you all. OR.....I may wait until after the wedding..... :D suspence is always good!! :lol:

Take Care Ladies...

Marti

Jane
03-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Hiya ladies,

Marti - your dress sounds just perfect!! Is the color periwinkle? That's what we call bluish purple around here, and it is a beautiful color! How cool that it is a similar color of what your grandma wore! And the shoes and necklace all sound just right, too. If Jhanai has a dress already that she wants to wear, I'd go for it! Thank you for sharing all this with us! It is exciting for all of us, too, and we wish you the very best.

Angie - I hope you had fun at karaoke last night with the girls and behaved yourself, lol.

Cristi - glad you found the remote. :cp: We watch Lifetime movies around here, too, and although Neal says they are Chick Flicks, he gets into them! Do you have WE channel - Womens Entertainment - where you live? That is pretty good, too.

Susan - I like how you pamper yourself and should do more of that myself. About the "before" photo - it seems lots of women shy away from the camera when they are overweight. I don't, simply because my mom did, and now that she is gone, it is hard to find many pictures of her. She was a big woman, but we didn't care about that at all! So I let my kids take pictures all they want - and videos, too.

Weigh-in news: down 1 1/2 more! Slowly but surely, it's coming off, ladies! :cp: Gonna work in the yard today, but gotta go call my sister right now. We talk every Saturday at 7:30 and I'm late!

BBL,
Jana

FrouFrou
03-20-2004, 09:29 AM
A very early good morning ladies and Happy Saturday. :)

Jana~You are doing such a GREAT job with your weight loss! CONGRAT'S on the 1 1/2 lbs. gone. :high: :bravo: When we had Dish Network we did get the WE channel but now that we have cable we don't-but I did watch that channel a lot also. My favs are HGTV, Lifetime & LMN, TLC & Fox. I do know what you mean about the pictures-I don't care what my weight is or how I look, I will let anyone take my picture. I think it stems more from losing DH#1 because I was always the picture taker and there wasn't a lot of pictures of me-I wanted the kids to have pictures. One thing we did almost a year after he passed was had a family portrait at Olan Mills. We had planned on doing that when Jason was 10 and for some reason didn't. So I went ahead and did it and continued with the annual family picture till 2 years ago. The kids don't want their picture took but Vince and I still do the Christmas photo. I am hoping this year the kids will do it once more-would be so happy to get them together at least every other year. :crossed:

Marti~no fair... :bb: :bb: James got to see your dress, not to mention Shanna and you are going to make us wait??? Okay, I guess I can wait-NOT!! Just kidding. :D purple'ish, blue/periwinkle is a pretty color and you are going to be a beautiful bride. The necklace and dress sound perfect! That is so cool your grandma also wore purple. Details such as this make me very curious as to what my grandparents, and parents wore when they married. I don't think I have ever seen a wedding picture of them. You are so lucky to have your grandma-I really miss that. Mine passed away when she was in her 40's. :(

Susan~I do adore Sandra Bullock and 28 days was funny! :lol: I think my favorites are While you Were Sleeping (which I just saw again the other day) and Hope Floats. Hope Floats got to me, it was sad and made me :cry: when her mom died, but it ended good and I am a sucker for happy endings. I also liked her in the, awwww can't think of the name of it-the one where she was in the beauty pagent?? I am drawing a blank. Oh well, I like her as an actress, her and Meg Ryan are two of my favs. I am trying to picture you singing Islands in the Stream...I have never been brave enough to do Karaoke so my hats off to you ladies who do. I am waaaaay too shy-I won't even sing to the radio in front of Vince.

Well, I am getting a little bit sleepy. I have been up since 4:30 and I think I will go lay down for an hour or so. Hopefully wake up feeling refreshed, yea right. Don't have anything really planned for the day, although I may go start on the walk-way in the front yard. I have some reading I want to do-need to take library books back tomorrow so need to finish a book. Anyway, take care ladies and have a wonderful Saturday.

Mom2Gaby
03-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Good Morning,

HUGE Congrats to you Jana on the 1 1/2 wieght loss!!! Yahooooo

I mailed off some *before* for you yesterday of me. Kind of true what you say. If you notice when you see them most are of the backside of me, wonderful, wide view. lol
I certainly wasn't volunteering to get my picture taken.Even today I am uncomfortable and tense. I think in the one pic that you have seen I am the most relaxed and truly was happy that day.At goal weight and out from under a bad marriage, also that was my first trip to Portland on my own in so many years.
Kind of thinking of you this morning. I went to the store to get my Atkins shake and saw a peanut butter grinder in the health section. Have you ever grinded your own peanuts?? I know that is a personal question.....lol

Chatter, chatter.......lol

Anyway, enjoy the day outdoors!!! :)

I am down 1/2 a pound!! YAY........152.5. Don't think I will make my goal of 150 by Thursday but that is ok......took me all morning to get to that mind set.Have to just focus on the positive.

Certainly think your thread Inspiration is a wonderful idea Cristi!! If I don't spend some time in the morning thinking of *positive*, *can do* thoughts, I am lost through out the day. Just read some Dr.Phil or the bible, or listen to some music..........or have a wonderful cup of Starbucks coffee.......or think of Sandra Bullocks wardrobe.....lol

Sandra is my favorite , along with Meg Ryan!! We have that in common also.....
I liked her in When Harry met Sally and When a man loves a woman.
I use to like Julia Roberts a lot but changed when Sandra Bullock came on the scene.
Susan Sarandon and Meryl Streep are other favorites.
Love Lifetime too........sit there all day and watch one movie after the next :)

Doing basketball games today. Rebecca lost 27 to 24, sooooo close, was exciting. Beck had an excellent game and she was enjoying herself, that is the most important thing.

Need to get out for a walk before Rachel's game.

You will be a lovely bride,Marti!!! Excited for you..........

Hi to everyone!! Certainly miss Kayecee and her sharp humor.
Hope Angie had fun last night. :)

Talk later

Katiecat
03-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Marti found a dress, hooray!!! :dance: :flow1: That's wonderful, and you will be a beautiful bride...and you know we can't wait to see pics. :D Wearing the diamond heart necklace he gave you for your first Christmas is a perfect touch -- something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...the necklace can be "old" (even though it's not very old), your shoes are new, does your dress count as "blue"? And what will be borrowed?

Jana, whoo hoo!!! :cb: We are very proud of you. :D Slowly but surely is the way to do it - we didn't gain our weight overnight, and losing it slowly will help make sure it stays off. I gotta ask, how do you make it so your signature updates on all of your old posts?

Susan, isn't it wonderful to have a few days off? I had a great week, but I'm kinda torn between just enjoying the time off and feeling guilty I didn't get more done. But, at least I got more done than if I'd been at work all week! :lol: I do feel rejuvenated, though... Glad things are going well with Alex, I'm sure you'll keep us posted ;)

Cristi, thanks for starting the Inspiration thread -- great idea!

Kayecee mentioned she's been having 'puter problems...I wonder if that's why we haven't seen her for a while...

Well, we are off to the mall, celebrating Noah's 13th this weekend. He wants some t-shirts from Hot Topic, and we'll probably go to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. They have a new "sinless" ice cream that I plan to try out :)

Have a great day and will talk to you soon!
Katie

FrouFrou
03-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Susan~CONGRAT'S on your loss this week! :cp: :bravo: :cp: You and Jana are movin' right along. I am hoping to be movin' with you ladies-we'll see come Monday. :crossed: Sorry, Rebecca lost her game, I know how hard a loss can be on kids. I hope she looks at it in a positive way because they were very close. I agree enjoying themselves is the most important thing. Hope you guys have fun at Rachels game.

I too used to like Julia Roberts, not sure when I stopped liking her movies. I also like Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon and Sela Ward. The movie I watched last night had Sela Ward in it-I loved her in the series The Sisters or Sisters. can't remember the name, and Once and Again-of course both were cancelled. Boohoo :( My favs with Meg Ryan are Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail. I liked When A Man Loves a Woman too.

Anywho, just wanted to say congrat's Susan on your loss and Hi to everyone. Need to go by some labels...hehehe :p

P.S. HI Katie! :wave: I guess we were posting at the same time. have a great day at the mall. Glad you enjoyed your time off and hope your anniversary was a great one.

I know Marti...borrow a quarter and put it in your shoe-supposed to bring good luck. Or if you have open-toed shoes (which I think you said you did???) put it in your bra. Or you can put it in a small piece of netting and sew it to your garter-if you are wearing one. I have seen garters that have a little pocket sewn on just for this-so cute. That's what I did, borrowed a quarter from my son and put it in my shoe. :)

Okay, I am outta here ladies, have a good one. :wave:

Marti
03-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Hello ladies--

Quickly posting....

Cristi--Quarter eh? Hmmm....never thought about that. Maybe I should find one the year James and I got together??

As for sticking it in my bra....I have to forgo the bra that day. The way the dress is, my bust wouldn't quite fit right, so as soon as I took the bra off, I manage to manuever them so the dress fit. :lol:
And yes,,,open toed shoes. Very cute.

I'm going to have to get a garter.....maybe today. I'll just have to see.

Only a few more days!! :dance:

Congrats to Jana and Susan for losing more weight!! How great is that?? I'm so proud of you! My weigh in is Monday....I hope to at least see the same weight and not something more....Losing would be nice!

Katie--When you update your signature, it just automatically updates all your old post. I hope that I answered your question.

Ok...I'm off to walmart....you all have a great weekend.

Hello to all the other girls!!

Marti

RAR
03-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi! everyone hope that you are having a great saturday it has been raining all day a good day for sleeping for me as I work nights but depressing when I only get every other weekend off and it is raining Susan congrats on your weight loss been yo yo cant seem to get to 150 and staying thereMarti going to wal mart also thought the walk in the sore would do me goos so everyone have a great day Rita

luckycharm
03-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone.

Yahoo it is the weekend finally.

Marti that is great about your dress. When is your big happy day?

Cristi, are you almost all settled into the new house? I love Sandra. The beauty pagent movie (not a beauty pagent, its a scholarship fund) is Miss Congeniality.

Angie hope that you had fun on your girls night out. What beer company do you work for? Maybe our company ships it out.

Susan and Jana congratulations on your loss for the week.

Hi Rita and Katie hope that you are having a great weekend.

I hope that I have not missed anyone. If I have I am sorry.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Kathy

luckycharm
03-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Shanna and Kat I am sorry that I missed you. Hi and I hope that you have a great weekend.

Jane
03-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - we had a family picture taken not long before Mary got married. I figured it was the last one before there would be in-laws in the family, lol. I used to watch Sister every week and missed it when they took it off! Being 1 of 7 sisters, I could relate to some of their problems.

Susan - YAY on the 1/2 pound gone!! :cp: The only peanut butter I buy is Jif regular. Mmmmmmm

Katie - when you change your signature, the program changes all of the past ones, too. Good to see you!

Marti - everything for your wedding sounds great! You will make a beautiful bride. Could you PM me your new last name? I've got 2 of them for you and don't know which is James', lol.

Rita and Kathy and everyone else - hi and hope you are having a good weekend!

I changed all the frowny faces and thumbs downs to smilies and thumbs up! There have been some changes going on, and there must've been a technical slip-up.

Be good - see you guys tomorrow.
Jana

FrouFrou
03-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Okay Jana, got it figured out. It was very easy and had I been paying attention earlier I might have caught on. Thanks for the tip, I printed it out to put with the rest for later reference if needed. I missed Sister too-loved that show. It kind of reminded me of my sisters also (have two older), couldn't imagine having 6. Jif is the *only* peanut butter I buy too, sooooo good. :T :)

Kathy~glad to see ya girly. Hope all has been well with you and yours. Did you receive my pm? I need your address again, not sure where I put it. Yea, we are mostly settled in the new house. As far as being unpacked yes, but having it the way we want-not yet. That will be months down the road. Too much to do, but mostly on the front and back yard, which includes building a fence. We are happy with it though. Of course it was Miss Congeniality-I jusst drew a blank on that one.

Marti~while you are sending Jana your new name, please pass it along ot me also-if you don't mind. Good idea about the quarter, hope you find one with that date. :) I thought of you today when I was coming home and a smile came over my face. Passed by the church and there were people decorating a car for someones wedding-I am excited for you. The funny thing, and I have never seen this-they were wrapping plastic wrap around the car. What is up with that?? Has anyone seen this before? Would be kind of funny though, depending how much they wrapped around it.

Hi to EVERYONE else-hope everyone is having a great weekend. :grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
03-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Good Morning,

I am waiting to go to church. I didn't wake up wanting to go, wanted to go walking instead.
It seems frustrating waiting to get a walk in ,kind of panic........something else always seems just as pressing.

waaaaa

waaaaaa

waaaaaaa

Ok, that was my whine. lol

So, I got myself ready and lil Gabster and we are at the ex hubbies now. Waiting to see which church the girls want to go to.

I went to the store and picked up some dish soap for the ex, and some Starbucks for us both. I parked in front of Safeway but instead of walking across the parking lot to Starbucks I got back in the car and drove.......lol
Justified that decision as *time management*.

I liked Sleepless in Seattle also Cristi. I just wish there was more interaction between Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan though. I like Tom Hanks, along with Travolta.

Yes, it does seem Marti has a couple of last names going on....lol. I think her new one will start with a *D*??? or an *H*??? I think it is a *D*........final answer.....lol.

Hi, Kathy. :)

Ok, better go figure out what is for breakfast. I smell bacon..........hmmm, and eggs.

Yes, Katie. Will keep you updated on the Alex thing. You won't be able to shut me up if it progresses.........have to stuff a Suzy-Q in my mouth.
He did call Friday night and I misunderstood the message.He invited me to *feel free* to call back. I didn't hear that part. I really don't feel comfortable calling men.
If we were in a relationship..........maybe. Also, if he was paying for my telephone bill.........most likely.........lol

Best get :)

fropvd
03-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Hello Ladies...

I'm just popping in quickly as I;m drowning with the work I have for all of my class right now. I think its a conspiracy because every class I have ALL has 2-3 LARGE projects due tomorrow and Tuesday. Things are simply going to have to go in late, because I can't meet all the deadlines. I have about half of them completed, and will do what I can today. *sigh* I can't wait to graduate...I'm tired of the grind and the stress. I'm also ready to make some REAL money for once.

I had backslid on my weight for some reason (fluid retention perhaps), but continued going to the gym etc all week (4 times in a row) and was back down to 221 again this morning. I'm still hoping for 220 by the time of my official weigh in tomorrow.

At any rate, hello to all, and I'm also looking forward to seeing Marti in her wedding dress...I bet she'll be absolutely stunning. :D

Back to the wonderful world of academia....:(

Kayecee
03-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Spring Break is nearing the end! I've had sooo much fun that I don't want to go back to that pit of evil. I have 9 more weeks until I can leave that miserable place behind for a few months. :( *sigh* I've tried to look on the bright side- most jobs don't get such a long break. :coffee: Still doesn't make it any easier to watch the buzzards circling the school. :lol:

Let's see..... what have I been doing over my vacation? One day this week, some of my teaching friends and myself went to eat at a Chinese restaurant and then spent some time shopping. Vallory's birthday is next weekend, so I mainly looked for something for her. The only thing I got that day though was an adorable ladybug dress at Goody's for $9. My friends almost killed me- we were all seperated in one big store and a few of us couldn't figure out how to round all of us up to leave- so what do I do? It's a running joke now that since we are on the crap list because we supported the former superintendent, so I nicknamed us all the "Crap Sisters." I marched to the front of the store and requested that they page the "Scrap Sisters" (I figured the woman wouldn't page the Crap Sisters! :lol: As it was, she looked really strange and repeated it 3 times before she paged them.) There was a complete flurry of activity and the 5 missing women got to the front of the store in about 15 seconds flat asking "What did that woman say- did she say Crap? It kinda sounded like scrap." :lol: :lol: :lol: Needless to say, I was hiding in the lobby out front. Hmmmmm...... we didn't seem to get so separated for the rest of the trip..... gee..... I wonder why? :lol:

Mom and I took the kids to Missouri to a couple of malls. (We decided against Little Rock because everyone said these were much better.) I got a charm bracelet and snuck one for Vallory. She is so fascinated by mine and keeps saying that she wants one when she becomes a big girl. She will be so excited when she gets it next weekend. I got us matching rainbows, and she also has a V for Vallory, a fish that she liked, and a cherry (she always gets a cherry on top of her ice cream cone). I also got her a couple of cute dresses, a pair of shades, some ladybug earrings, 3 pairs of sandals, and some Care Bears. Productive day!

I went to pick up my contacts on another day. I got there like 2 minutes after the eye doctor had left for lunch. So I killed an hour and half shopping and buying groceries. When I go back, they search the place over and can't find the contacts. Finally, they found my chart filed back in the patient files instead of where it should have been filed to order contacts..... so, several apologies later, I leave fuming.... it'll be another week before I get my contacts. :mad:

And of course.... you all know where I've spent the last few days.... DUH! At our place in the hills. :D We went fishing, looking at campers, eating out, etc. etc. etc. :D I always hate coming back. The weather was soooooo nice.

Well, I guess I need to get off here. Tim and Landon are outside putting a new rear end in the four-wheeler. (Wonder if they can figure out how to do that for me? :devil: ) I really need to get in there and clean out the laundry room. I have decided that I am really gonna clean up one area a week until school is out so that I won't have to spend my first few weeks of summer break in a cleaning frenzy. Oh yeah- sorry girls- my e-mail is probably backlogged! It usually gets about as long as The Reach before I check it! :lol: Later girlies!

Jane
03-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - Suzanne said there was a glitch in the new sustem that she fixed, but I think all is fine now. Plastic wrapping a car?? LOL!! The Saran Wrap company is Loving that!!

Susan - bacon and eggs sound SO good! Glad you all go to church together, that's nice.

Kat - hope you get all your projects done. You're doing great going to the gym!

Kayecee - glad you've enjoyed your vacation. Sounds like Vallory is going to have a nice birthday! Sorry about the contacts - somebody sure messed up!

I've had the most boring Sunday! Went to church and then had a family dinner, but after that.... nada. Katie is on spring break this week, so tomorrow we are headed out to Evansville to meet SIL Sarah and her grandson for some shopping.

TTFN,
Jana

da fat n da furious
03-21-2004, 11:29 PM
eeeeegads Kaycee you would hate to know I go see my eye Dr every week..I call it dating..lol I told him I like Ciba Soft contacts but hes trying to get me to try other brands...so for the last 5 weeks I have tried 4 different lens.

I had so much fun Friday with the girls, Heather came along too...

Sat we had a tech rehearsal. Then Monte and I did a Costco run.
Then went to the theatre...saw Crimes of the Heart. It was boring,,,the story was boring. The actors were great,,,very professional. I was told by ticket masters that all the seats are great and they found 4 seats at the front..WOW how can you not jump at that? Well it was horrible. Front row, nose to nose with the stage, and then a smaller stage in the centre and then a suitcase and a apple crate in the way,,,all I saw was the under side of the table...YAY! I was ticked...50 bucks see that? I am calling tomorrow to complain. As a theatre company they should ensure EVERY seat has visual access to the set. Ok Im getting off the soap box...
Im tired,,,we didn't get home till after 2:30 am, we went for coffee with our friends...it was hilarious,,,we lost our car in the parkade and as sad as that sounds ,,,that was the high light of the theatre.
Marti,,,are you talking about periwinkle? The color that is...

Kathy, I work for BDL...
where do you work? Do you live in the north central or south of AB? I lived in Sylvan till 3 yrs ago. Now Im in Calgary.

Congrats to Susan and Jana for the loss!

Well I need to get to bed...Im wiped.
night all
Angie

Kayecee
03-21-2004, 11:43 PM
I thought I'd have 50 posts waiting for me since I checked in at noon, but Jana's the only one who has posted since then. Confession time- the laundry room got diddly done to it. :coffee: K- I did 3 loads, but nothing for the organization part that I was gonna do. :coffee: Tim and Landon got the four-wheeler fixed so we HAD to try it out, didn't we? :yes: Then, we had to go to BIL's house to work on our taxes. :eek: By that time, we had to come home and get ready for church. :angel: Afterwards, we all stayed for a chili supper. :eating2: So now- here I sit with a still nasty laundry room but all I can think is "Thhhppppttt!" :p (That's supposed to be a raspberry sound, but it looks more like a cuss word now that I'm looking at it! :lol: ) Oh well, I'll get to it tomorrow. :nose:

Speaking of tomorrow- I have jury duty!!!!! YAY!!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: Sad to say, but I ain't joking about being happy about not having to show up at work tomorrow! I'd much rather report to jury duty than show up at school. I've already called the "Crap Sisters" and bragged. They are sooooo jealous. :dancer:

Saran wrapping a whole car?!?!? *hee hee* Hey.... uh... Marti..... where'd you say the wedding is gonna be? *hee hee*

Jana- Now that I'm sitting here, I kinda wish I'd had a boring day. I've just realized that out of 9 days off, I don't think I actually got to sit down and just relax at all. :hyper: I think I need a vacation for my vacation. :D

Well, I'm outta here girlies. Gonna go surf for a mortgage then may check back in later. (We built our own house and owe absolutely NOTHING on it. We are debating whether or not to take out a loan, consolidate a few bills, then use the rest to start a construction company. On the one hand, I really want to- but on the other hand, it is really nice to know that our home is completely debt free. Tough decision.) Night.

Kayecee
03-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Hey Angie! Guess we were posting at the same time! 50 bucks for that? Crud! For 50 bucks I'd wanna see good enough to know whether or not the actors have spinach in their teeth. :mag: K- I'm cheap. I'm already whining about having to pay an arm and a leg for the new Scooby Doo movie coming out next weekend. I say the little buggers will enjoy it at home just as much, but alas, Vallory wants to go there for her birthday. So what's a good mom to do? (I'll just carry a big purse with canned sodas and Hershey bars! :lol: ) *teasing*

Hmmmmm..... :chin: your eye doctor must be as cute as my dentist. (who- by the way- definitely remembered me :fr: )

fropvd
03-22-2004, 12:04 AM
I am soooooooooo sick of this paper on VBACs. *sigh* (VBAC=vaginal birth after c-section) I hope folks are long winded so we don't have time for me to present my paper since I could BS my way through it but will NOT have time to do a powerpoint presentation.

Kayecee
03-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Well..... look on the bright side.... You're not in the middle of a VBAC yourself. :lol: Course, I remember what a pain in the patootie some assignments can be so it feels like a VBAC! :lol: Here's some :goodvibes: so that people will be long winded tomorrow and you will be last on the list. :D I hate feeling pressured. Do you have the paper finished? Maybe you'll luck out and they will extend some presentations into the next class period. Good luck.

fropvd
03-22-2004, 12:53 AM
*lol* I remember what birth felt like all too well. I had all natural (no meds whatsoever) homebirths for all three of my children. I wouldn't do it any other way, given a choice, though I have to say I'm glad I'm done having babies. :D

As for the paper, its nearly done now. I still have to finish my conclusions and write an abstract, as well as do the final editing, but it'll be done by tomorrow. I'lll save the final edit for the morning as right now I'm too close to it to do a proper edit anyhow. I have a few handouts to use as a/v aids, but will need to track down a few more in case I am stuck presenting tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for a reprieve though.

I can't wait to graduate and be done with this...only 48 more days left. After that I want a looooong break before I go on to grad school.

luckycharm
03-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Hi to all

Angie this is so great... Yes we do ship for Brewers Distributors... Except that I get to talk to Edmonton as that is where our beer is shipped from. I live near Edmonton and work for Hiway 9 Express Ltd. I do have lots of family in Calgary and Lethbridge.

Susan in the movie Sleepless in Seattle, do Meg and Tom get together in the end? I have actually never made it to the end of the movie. Do you go to church with your ex?

Cristi yes I got your pm and I will get you my address again. I also need your new address as I only have your old one. Saran wrap around a car? I wonder if they were playing some joke on someone. We got married in Feb. and my brother in law thought it was really funny when he dumped 10 bags of confetti into our heating system so as soon as we turned on the heater... and we had to drive an hour to get to Edmonton where we spent a few nights in fantasyland hotel.

Kayecee hope you have an interesting time with your jury duty.

Hello to everyone else as I have to run and try and get some laundry done tonight. Hubby has to go out of town again this week. So I need to try and get as much done as I can tonight.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Kayecee
03-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Gee! I think I like jury duty. I got up at my usual time but don't have to leave the house until an hour later than usual. :coffee: Not that I've done anything with the extra hour! :lol:

Kat- With Landon, my epidural slipped out somehow, so I actually wound up having him naturally. Then when Vallory came along, the anesthesiologist was heading downstairs when my dilation jumped. He came in and the doctor told him to head on back upstairs cuz I was having her now. :faint: It wasn't too bad and when they were wheeling me back to my room afterwards, I was eating Pringles and calling everyone saying, "Guess what I just did...." :lol: If I have any more children, I will definitely go natural all the way. I had the drugs in my system with Landon so I felt lethargic afterwards, but with Vallory, I was on such a natural high that I don't think I came down for a week. Hope all goes well with your presentation today. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes I'm like you and counting down the days for the end of this miserable school year. :D

Kathy- Ugh.... hope you got your laundry done. Mt. Washmore and I don't exactly get along together. Speaking of which.... I wonder if those pants laying in a heap by the bed smell good enough to wear again today.... :chin: LOL *teasing* I ain't that bad! :lol:

Well, gotta go and wake the little princess. She's usually cranky in the morning so I gotta give her plenty of time so I don't have to carry her out to the van butt naked and coax her into clothes halfway down the road. :lol: Wish me luck that I don't get called to the front on jury duty! :D

Mom2Gaby
03-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Good Morning,

I am almost done with my first 33 oz bottle of water!! YAY......

I also got my walk in early, thank goodness for spring break--- don't have to cart the kiddies to school.

Kat- Hope you are making it though the homework.......it will just be a memory soon....

Kayecee- You went to the lake? You have a cabin or something? Very funny about the Crap Sister story. :)

Kathy & Jana- No, I don't go to church with me ex!!!! lol
I must have written it wrong. I did go over and sneak a fried egg and 3 slices of bacon. I was just mainly there to use his computer and see which girls wanted to go to church with me. We do go to different churches.

Angie- So, did you get up and sing?? You didn't say.......sorry about the play thing, $50 is a lot for no view.....lol

Hi Rita- If I get stuck at 150, I will croak. I did that last year, couldn't budge for months, so decided to go the other way....lol up to 164, yikes.....

Long term, summer goal is to be 140/145.

Ok, I am going.I ate a chicken breast for breakfast, along with a 1/2 slice of cracked wheat buttered bread, was so good. Probablt will watch it the rest of the day.

Love Jif peanut butter also but just was curious what freashly grinded peanut butter tasted like, thinking it has a better taste??

Oh, ya. Sleepless in Seattle. Tom & Meg meet at the end up in the Empire State building........goo goo eye each other and that is basically that. Can only assume they get together?

TTYL :)

Mom2Gaby
03-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi again,

How long is this spring break thing??? Just started but am already fed up with my kids!! :)

If Ican get them dressed before noon that would be nice.

I finished my first 33oz of water and sipping from my second.

I did just eat a marionberry muffin, that was good. I might go chop up some carrots to snack on for a while- seem to get the munchies all of a sudden.

TTFN

FrouFrou
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Good afternoon ladies~

Jana~I saw that at the Hens Roost. I haven't posted there yet-except to thank the ladies for the welcome but I love reading the posts-some are really funny. They all seem like a great bunch of ladies, and what a sense of humor. Your Sunday sounded like mine-I did nada! Was just a very lazy day, even though I had laundry to fold and iron. I'll get to it today. ;)

Marti~2 days to go Missy till you are Mrs. D! I am getting so excited for you. I can only imagine how you are feeling. :) :grouphug:

Kathy~that's cool you and Angie are sort of close-closer than most of us anyway. 10 bags of confetti?! How long did it take to get it all out? Kind of fun though. I am not sure what the point of the plastic wrap was except to make it very hard to get in the car. I had to laugh-it looked funny and they were having a ball doing it.

Susan~THANK YOU for the card I received today with your photo's! :thanks: I am very impressed! WOW!! You have given me hope :thanks: You have really come a long way and look fabulous! I am posting two of them up on the wall where I have some others in the exercise room to motivate and inspire me to keep going. Guess what I watched last night? You've Got Mail-I just love that movie. DH and I have seen it a zillion times and he forgot some parts. I love a happy ending.

Angie~sorry about the play. It is a bit frustrating to pay that much money and not be able to see. On the other hand we went to OU (while living in Norman, OK) to see the Nutcracker and had front row seats and I think I saw a bit too much, if ya know what I mean. ;) The guy had his little and I do mean little tights on and let's just say you could see everything! I swear everytime he jumped or moved he stopped right in front of us! :lol: I couldn't look up. I guess it could go either way. They were actually pretty good-we went to several shows/plays.

Kayecee~good luck with jury duty today. Glad you had a great week off. They were just wrapping around the top half of a SUV-the windows and doors. I wanted to watch and see them finish to see what else if anything they were going to do. But who knows they may have done the whole car-that would have been A LOT of saran wrap! Where in Mo do you guys go shopping? I love the malls in LR, actually N. LR-the McCain Mall-there is hardly anyone ever there. Of course I usually went during the week and never during a holiday. I love that they have Chik-fil-a, their chicken nuggets are soooooo good!

Kat~good-luck with your paper. Natural childbirth huh?? My mother tried to talk me into it-she said the worst part was over so why take a spinal now? I had a spinal with all three and wouldn't have it any other way. Just didn't feel like the feeling of being cut and sewn up-OUCH! Only I felt nothing and it was cool to watch.

Well, I need to get going. Doing some laundry and need to catch up on the folding of the other and do some ironing. Went to the library this morning to return books due. It's a little cool out today so I will do a walk inside today. No change in my weight this morning, which is better than a gain so I will take it. That's about all that's going on in my little corner of the world. Hope all is going well in your corner of the world. Have a good one ladies. :wave:

Mom2Gaby
03-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi Cristi,

I am kind of impressed with our postal service, I only put that envelope in the mail Friday.......all the way to Kansas by Monday, wow. Thank-You :)

Anyway, I hope I look more like last summers picture with the short hair and at 150. The Christmas one was with longer hair and at 164.
Though the hair has more of a layer look.
I put curlers in this morning and went to the coffee shop. Rebecca wouldn't go in for me.
Anyway, a man jumped out of his seat to help me out, thought that was sweet .........or maybe he just didn't want to see me in my curlers any longer then he had to?? lol

Taking Rach for a Dr.'s appt. and have to go back to work til Wednesday night, taking Thursday & Friday off.

Almost done with my second 33 oz. er.......is that a word????

You've Got Mail was cute. It kind of got sloppy in the end , I thought.

I know........I am so critical.

Castaway made me cry. Helen Hunt should have waited for Tom.....even though everyone said he was dead.........STILL should have waited!!
I bawled up a storm........

lol

TTFN :)

Jane
03-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Hi ladies,

Angie - the same thing happened to us once at the theatre, only the tickets were more like $8 each. But we couldn't see a thing!!

Susan - your card and letter made it to Indiana already, too! I am so very impressed with your success!! Where I am now is where you started!! You give me hope, Susan. Btw, you were still very pretty then, too.

Cristi - at least you didn't show a gain! I'm glad you had an easy Sunday -that's the one day that I refuse to do laundry, lol.

Marti - are you getting all flustered yet? The big day is almost here!!

Hi Kathy and Kat and the others.

Well, I had fun in Evansville today. I went over my points by about 6, I think, not sure til I go to Sonic's website and see what the points are for a strawberry slushie is. That wasn't on my list of stuff to eat today, so whatever that was, that's how many points I went over.

But anyway, we had fun! I got some new scrapbooking stuff at Hobby Lobby and some new containers for flowers - big ones that I'm going to set outside this summer.

TTFN,
Jana

fropvd
03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Yum....corned beef and cabbage...I made it with blue potatoes which is cool looking because they are blue through and through.

*lmao* Vermin, my cat is sitting on the printer/scanner/copier and making multiple copies of her furry buns. She's lurking there because she wants HER share of corned beef and a helping of carrots. (The cat loves veggies for some reason).

You know, I've always wanted to be called for jury duty, but have yet to be called. My ex was once though..he said it was very interesting.

I made it through both of my presentations, and had finished the VBAC paper at 2am last night...when I got to class I found out that we needed an evaluation tool (questionaire for the audience), so I quickly threw together 4 questions and asked them verbally. Now for all the work for psych thats due tomorrow...

Mom2Gaby
03-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Good Evening,

Glad to hear you made it through your presentation, Kat. I would be frozen stiff.
Don't like getting up in front of people talking. Though I did speak at a TOPS meeting once, that was in the morning though when I had lots of coffee....

Chatter.....chatter........couldn't shut me up. lol

Our U.S postal service is winning points today!! Can't believe it made it to you , Jana. That is nice if it gives you hope & thank you for the kind words :)

Certainly at 245/250 that task seems overwhelming. Just take 10 pounds at a time it starts seeming doable.

Certainly not IMPOSSIBLE!!! That is the good news.

I am busy reading my Courage to Start book by Bingham. I am excited about starting to run, look to do that by summer time. Reading at a site where some are on a 12 week training for their first 5K (3.5 miles??).......I can run 20 steps right now.........how close am I to a mile?? lol

So, funny.

Alex Update.....he shows humor in his last email, so happy about that. I am thinking we will meet the weekend of the 17th after his trip to California....with his kids.

Rachel went for her physical and she has 20/50 eye sight, need to get her in to the optical now, actually need to get in Becky also.......mom & dad wear glasses , they probably will to. Rebecca has pink bands on her teeth, very pretty. Nice to know where my $4000 is going.....lol

I guess that is it. Corn Beef sounds yummy......weird but my kitty likes veggies too......lol

TTFN

fropvd
03-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Time to go on to the new thread...I'll go start it. ;)