Old 03-19-2004, 07:40 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat # 37

Welcome everyone ~

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you pull up a chair and join us?

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:58 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good Morning Ladies!!

Shanna Banana - Jana also rhymes with banana! Sorry about your medical thing and that you have to make the drive. Glad you made it home safely, though.

Angie - take 1 down and pass it around, lol!! Wow, you are quite the seamstress!! You should design clothes on the side! I used to sew, but don't much anymore, but I made all of my clothes for school the summer before my senior year. My family didn't have much money and I wanted some "groovy" stuff, so I made it. This was the summer of 1970. The students weren't allowed to wear pants to school yet, so it was skirts and vests.

Marti - you can get some nice accessories at Claire's or Afterthoughts, one of those places. That's where we got Katie's jewelry for prom and the necklace came with matching earrings for $14. Hope you find just the right dress today!

Hi to the others! Hope Susan is enjoying her day off... it felt odd to sign in this morning and not see a post from her!!

Today I am taking food to the friend who had the hysterectomy. A pot a chili from me and a pan of brownies from Mary. Then I have to do my grocery shopping. How boring... yawn..... no other news.....

BBL,
Jana
Old 03-19-2004, 11:22 AM   #3  
kitty Momo

Morning Jana, I am here

I am just having a slow morning. Woke up at 6 and started getting ready.

I put my hair in curlers. I don't know if I do it right. I put mouse in and roll the .........um, roller -lol- Gabster woke up and sat her in front of the tv while I finished up.
Got her dressed, couldn't find my keys. Ugh........sat her back in front of the tv and went looking for the keys.
Found them in a pan on the stove, under some papers.

Exactly where I keep them!!!! NOT........

Wasn't going to take Beck to school but decided I would. We had gone to Target yesterday for new PJ's, because she has PJ Day at school. Anyway, wanted to see her.

Came in my curlers and she said I couldn't take her.WhatEVER......rude little girl. It isn't like I was going to get out of the car or embarrass her or anything..... - goodness knows I was dressed *cool*......cause I just put the same thing on from yesterday.....lol.

I enjoyed my evening off. Took a hot bath , did my toe nails in a pink color and went through photos looking for *before* pictures. I didn't find many, almost started to think that Rachel & Rebecca didn't have a mother......no one to be seen in those pictures. Though there was some of me just after they were born.........go figure.
Anyway, will photo copy and send off for you Jana & Cristi.

I need to work on some recent ones.Maybe over the weekend, suppose to be sunny weather.

Hey, Angie!!! Miss you. Glad the job is going well so far......
Ever just think of starting your own sewing service?? Some people like me could use someone like you........I can't sew worth a darn.

Marti- Hope you find a dress!!! I am sure you will....
I got married in the court house in a mini denim skirt and t-shirt - put a lot of thought into that , eh?? Maybe think of a skirt?? I love skirts myself. I also liked the way Sandra Bullock dressed in Hope Floats- with those sun dresses and cute sweater.

Yes, I know about Kayecee and Antonio, Jana...........lol. Spanish accents are sexy, I think. When I heard John speak with his Arkansas accent I thought " I guess I could get use to that"...lol John has only lived there 3 years,was surprised he had an accent.

Blah,blah...........k, best get.

Hope you all Jaded Ladies have a wonderful day!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-19-2004 at 11:27 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Morning Again,

Gabster & I are headed out for a walk. I read my walking/running board and am inspired!!

I did my finger nails, living on the wild side now. Thinking I will have to buy some latex gloves to do dishes.

Hey, Shanna!! See you in the 21 day challenge thread. I am soooooo lazy to post on other threads.....lol.

Curious if you go to OHSU?? Real close to me,let me know.....would love to meet you. You can always take Gaby back with you to Springfield!! She would love to spend quility time with her Auntie Shanna

Ok, getting off my arse.........goodness knows it is starting to spread.

TTYL
Old 03-19-2004, 02:11 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Happy Friday All~

Marti~I don't know how I could have handled the stress of a formal/big wedding but I must say having a wedding at home was still stressful. Of course there was enough stress with just trying to decide between a small church wedding, which I really wanted, a garden wedding, our second choice but with not being able to predict the weather?? decided against it. Having it at home was our third choice. I want to say had it gotten anymore stressful than it was we were headed to a justice of the peace. We did store bought invites and ordered nice announcements from a wedding catalog-spent months on deciding that, the flowers, cake & topper and reception details...Didn't really have a theme but our colors were pink. Of course you can't plan on wedding day blunders, such as the cake being crooked, the flowers being wrong & a half dead bouquet, etc. I think that was about it. I was angry about the flowers but the cake we kind of laughed about. Had we had a garden wedding EVERYTHING would have been blown away-it was sooooo very windy that day. I don't think it matters what kind of wedding you have there is going to be stress! In the end though I think it is very well worth all the stress. I do hope you find the *perfect* dress for you.

Susan~I too loved the dresses Sandra Bullock wore in Hope Floats. Love, love, love that movie by the way. I love the part when the little girl is talking about her mom having a skunk My dd wore a dress similar in style, it was grey with small white daisies with a pink dot in the center of the flower & a pink sweater. I wish I could have found a dress as pretty as hers was. Mine was okay, it wasn't like WOW-that is beautiful. I wanted a tea length lace dress, kind of old-fashioned but couldn't find one. I even checked the goodwill. So I went with the next best thing-a long pink one, it did have a little bit of lace at the top. But those dresses in Hope Floats would be a perfect dress for a wedding. Anyway, all this talk about weddings is making me want to go watch our video.

Sorry ladies for boring you with details about our wedding. This is Marti's special time-I just love weddings and hearing about everyones special day, what can I say??

Jana~hope your friend is feeling fine, she will be thankful for the chili and brownies. have fun grocery shopping.

Angie~glad you are liking your new job.

Shanna~okay, I was saying your name correctly, but wanted to make sure. I have seen Shanna pronounced as Shay-na.

Finally found the stinking remote yesterday. Carrie was looking for lipstick in one of her boxes and it was there. We turned this house upside down looking for it-how it ended up there we will never know. Just glad we found it so we are not charged up to $100. Had to get those shipped back to UPS this morning, of course finding a place to do it was a bear. Ended up on the west side of Wichita at a Office Depot, which was fine because I had to get copies of tax papers so killed two birds with one stone yet again. Other than that not a whole lot going on in my neck of the woods. Hope all is going well in yours. See ya later ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

I'm in the process of getting myself ready so I can go look at more dresses today. My good friend Shanna is coming with me so I don't have to feel awful all alone!!

Well let me quickly tell you how my morning went!!

I was relaxing on the couch reading the newspaper when all of a sudden,,,I hear this loud popping noise then a gushing sound. I had no idea what it was, so I got up and went to the source.....HOLY COW!!! My water heater hose sprang a leak!! It was shooting out hot water!! I had no idea where to turn the water off at so I had to wake James up to help me....he's running around then goes out to the sidewalk and turns it off. (poor guy....he went to bed at 6:30 and this happened around 9:30!)

My utility room was flooded and it started running into the kitchen...I used every towel in the house to soak up the water and I mopped my butt off!! (boy don't I wish! ) I was sweating like crazy!! (does that count for my exercise for the day??)

So....everything is cleaned up and back to normal. The hose is fixed temporarily, we will be replacing it tomorrow....with a better hose!! Boy....I can't even begin to imagine if I had a final today...James wouldn't have heard it at all! Our whole house would have been under water! Picture my dogs swimming around instead of running around!

Ok....need to get finished getting ready...meeting Shanna at the mall at 2:00

I'll try to check in later tonight.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #7  
RAR

HI! Everyone hope that you are having a great Friday been a busy day slept most of the day as I worked thursday night now going in having to do 12 hrs Marti I sent you my e mail hope I did it rig ht RIta
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Wink

I'm baaaaack! Okay, being silly. I am bored and have nothing to do so I have been off and on the puter since I posted last. I really need to get a life I am going to type up Vince's resume here soon. He lost the old one when we bought the new computer-has different programs, which I like a lot better.

Marti~I am so sorry about your fiasco this morning-that is terrible. I would have never thought that the hose on a water heater would break...learn something new everyday. Is there not a shut-off valve on the water heater?? Just curious... I know there is for the pilot light and always thought there was for the water. Hmmm I am going ot have to look at ours to see in case this should ever happen I will know what to do. I used to know where all the turn-offs for things around the house were from living in CA with the earthquakes-had to be prepared just in case. But now that I have a man around the house and I leave it to him, not good. Especially since he is gone at work. Well, I am glad it wasn't anything complicated and costly. Have a great day shopping, you and Miss Shanna Banna. Hopefully you will find a purdy dress today.

Hiya Rita~glad to see you popping in. I hope you got your much needed rest/sleep before pulling a 12-hour shift.

Hi to everyone else-again! Don't be surprised if I am back again.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #9  

I found a dress!! And thanks to Shanna I didn't go crazy...(although I was close) Poor Shanna had to put up with me and all the trying....(actually I only tried a few....more like struggled to put them on)

I brought it home and James told me to put it on so he could see and when I showed him...he had a big smile, so I know we picked a good one!

THANK YOU SHANNA FOR BEING THERE FOR ME!!

Ok...I gotta get going...visiting grandma.

BBL
Marti
Old 03-19-2004, 09:45 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

YAY!! you found the dress!!! and shoes?
I would have freaked out about the hose....Im ok under pressure but,,,,the mess. We once had a flood, the whole town actually and our basement was under 2 feet of water. I cried so much that day I must of added a couple inches. We lost so much, christmas decorations and clothes..
Anyways Im glad all is well again.

I am heading out with the girls to karioke again...lol
ttfn
Angie
99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bottle of beer
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:37 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Talking

Yaaaaay, Marti found a dress!! Details lady, we want details!! OMG-you let James see your dress?! You should have surprised him. Did you find shoes to match and accessories?? Can't remember if it was mentioned, but what is James, & Jhanai wearing?? Inquiring minds want to know. Anyway, I am glad you found a dress. Have a nice visit with your grandma.

Angie I too know all too well about a flooded basement. The sump pump had quit working and when we went to bed it was dry as a bone even though it had rained for days, it was coming down hard that night. He jumped up out of bed at about 3 in the morning to about a foot of water. We got to work quick putting things up on blocks and the ping pong table. All was not lost, but could have been. I was just amazed at how fast the water was filling up the basement. Have fun a fun night at karaoke with the girls.

Just finished watching a movie on Lifetime, yes Lifetime-love that station. The kids are always teasing me about always watching it. Gonna go see if I can find another good movie and maybe do some reading in between. Have a good evening ladies.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:16 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Hi,

Wonderful that you were able to find a dress that you liked, Marti
I am sure that is a huge relief off your mind.

Wasn't Sandra Bullock lovely in Hope Floats, Cristi?? I just think she is great. Just seems like a nice person, love all her movies,especially 28 Days, thought that was funny.
Anyway, would like to have her clothes in my closet.lol

Angie.........you have so much fun!! Last time (only time, really) that I went karaoke(ing) was with Traci, Brian's friend.Of course I had to get drunk and sang "Islands In The Stream" with some other drunk.....lol ((hey, this was years ago before I grew up!))
Hope you and the girls had fun??

Hi, Rita Hope you have a wonderful weekend

Ok, I am headed to join Gabster in tv land. My 2nd night off and am enjoying every minute.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-20-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:25 AM   #13  

Hi ladies--

Details?? Boy aren't we a bunch of inquiring minds?

The dress I bought is cute. It's a bluish purplish color with flowers....very springy. I also went to Walmart (Shanna's suggestion---) and found some really cute shoes!! I've never owned opened toed shoes before and these are cute. When I got home, and tried on the dress, I put on my shoes....they match perfectly.
As for accessories....I'm thinking of wearing the diamond heart shaped necklace James bought me for our first Christmas. So I'm set. As for James, I don't know what he's wearing, something nice he says. Jhanai told me that she has a pretty summer dress that she wants to wear. I was going to buy her an outfit, but then I did my checkbook and thought I better wait. If I get my check next week before the wedding, I may go and buy her one. I feel bad, that I have to wait and see, but she does have TONS of dresses.

My visit with my grandmother was nice. I told her about my dress, and then she told me that her dress she got married in was purple.......I had forgotten. It was nice to hear that I'm not only sharing their anniversary, but I'm also wearing similar colors!!

Ok...it's almost 12:30 and I need to get some sleep. I will chat with you all tomorrow....I may have James take a picture of me in my dress so I can post it for you all. OR.....I may wait until after the wedding..... suspence is always good!!

Take Care Ladies...

Marti
Old 03-20-2004, 07:36 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - your dress sounds just perfect!! Is the color periwinkle? That's what we call bluish purple around here, and it is a beautiful color! How cool that it is a similar color of what your grandma wore! And the shoes and necklace all sound just right, too. If Jhanai has a dress already that she wants to wear, I'd go for it! Thank you for sharing all this with us! It is exciting for all of us, too, and we wish you the very best.

Angie - I hope you had fun at karaoke last night with the girls and behaved yourself, lol.

Cristi - glad you found the remote. We watch Lifetime movies around here, too, and although Neal says they are Chick Flicks, he gets into them! Do you have WE channel - Womens Entertainment - where you live? That is pretty good, too.

Susan - I like how you pamper yourself and should do more of that myself. About the "before" photo - it seems lots of women shy away from the camera when they are overweight. I don't, simply because my mom did, and now that she is gone, it is hard to find many pictures of her. She was a big woman, but we didn't care about that at all! So I let my kids take pictures all they want - and videos, too.

Weigh-in news: down 1 1/2 more! Slowly but surely, it's coming off, ladies! Gonna work in the yard today, but gotta go call my sister right now. We talk every Saturday at 7:30 and I'm late!

BBL,
Jana
Old 03-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Smile

A very early good morning ladies and Happy Saturday.

Jana~You are doing such a GREAT job with your weight loss! CONGRAT'S on the 1 1/2 lbs. gone. When we had Dish Network we did get the WE channel but now that we have cable we don't-but I did watch that channel a lot also. My favs are HGTV, Lifetime & LMN, TLC & Fox. I do know what you mean about the pictures-I don't care what my weight is or how I look, I will let anyone take my picture. I think it stems more from losing DH#1 because I was always the picture taker and there wasn't a lot of pictures of me-I wanted the kids to have pictures. One thing we did almost a year after he passed was had a family portrait at Olan Mills. We had planned on doing that when Jason was 10 and for some reason didn't. So I went ahead and did it and continued with the annual family picture till 2 years ago. The kids don't want their picture took but Vince and I still do the Christmas photo. I am hoping this year the kids will do it once more-would be so happy to get them together at least every other year.

Marti~no fair... James got to see your dress, not to mention Shanna and you are going to make us wait??? Okay, I guess I can wait-NOT!! Just kidding. purple'ish, blue/periwinkle is a pretty color and you are going to be a beautiful bride. The necklace and dress sound perfect! That is so cool your grandma also wore purple. Details such as this make me very curious as to what my grandparents, and parents wore when they married. I don't think I have ever seen a wedding picture of them. You are so lucky to have your grandma-I really miss that. Mine passed away when she was in her 40's.

Susan~I do adore Sandra Bullock and 28 days was funny! I think my favorites are While you Were Sleeping (which I just saw again the other day) and Hope Floats. Hope Floats got to me, it was sad and made me when her mom died, but it ended good and I am a sucker for happy endings. I also liked her in the, awwww can't think of the name of it-the one where she was in the beauty pagent?? I am drawing a blank. Oh well, I like her as an actress, her and Meg Ryan are two of my favs. I am trying to picture you singing Islands in the Stream...I have never been brave enough to do Karaoke so my hats off to you ladies who do. I am waaaaay too shy-I won't even sing to the radio in front of Vince.

Well, I am getting a little bit sleepy. I have been up since 4:30 and I think I will go lay down for an hour or so. Hopefully wake up feeling refreshed, yea right. Don't have anything really planned for the day, although I may go start on the walk-way in the front yard. I have some reading I want to do-need to take library books back tomorrow so need to finish a book. Anyway, take care ladies and have a wonderful Saturday.