Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 09:00 AM   #1  
Net browser

Wink

Good morning everybody, glad you found your way here.
I still have my walk to do, so will "see" you all later.

Hope everybody has a nice day.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:47 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Greeneyes: I sent you a private message about the recipes.

Slavika: Maybe I will go buy a bread machine as my making goal reward. I would really love to make some home made bread. Sounds so good! Checked out the recipe and it looks good! That must be Ralph! I know its from Southpark but cant remember his name. Kenny?

Dee: Good to see you! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Let us know as soon as you find something out.

Peggy: Gotta love the weather when it gets like that! I just love this time of year!
Old 04-02-2001, 01:19 PM   #3  
Justa Wannabe

Thank you soooo much for the recipe site. I know I'm gonna find alot of useful info there.

Yup I found it here too....I put in LilyG in the search and it brought me right to the last place she was I usually use hahaha
Old 04-02-2001, 08:07 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Default ....we are having a gorgeous day!

We had such a lousy weekend what with the rain & snow, but everything is beautiful today. It was nice having the Granddog here, she was tiring however. Everytime she went outside we had to rinse off the BIG FEET and dry her. For a treat we gave her some egg and 15 min later she brought the whole thing up... on the rug.... in the living room...
Lily I really don't think you would over eat with the fresh baked bread. I find that since I make it every week I just enjoy my portion and I am not tempted to go over. When my bread machine dies I will just go right out and buy another one.

My Mom had a doc appt today, her sister wanted to see the doc too, no appt..... she just came along. The doc did see her, but that meant my Mom's appt had to be shared. I always go in with Mom, so there we were, 3 people and the Doc in this tiny little room with 2 chairs... I was standing in the corner. I asked the Doc if any other "families" come to see her at one time.. she just laughed... "no, you are the only ones" she said.

I read all your posts over the weekend, but I can't remember what was said... but I think everyone was doing all right. Hope you all had a good day and will check back later. Bye, Bye
Old 04-02-2001, 10:38 PM   #5  
Net browser

Default ....today was Baba Day

Hi Everybody

I had the Princess here for the afternoon. She is getting very good with the computer. Peggy YIKES, now you want me to "fedex" bread, Did I miss something, "painting for a lady". What kind of painting are you doing? How did your check-up go today?
Lily I think a Bread Machine would be a really nice "goal weight gift" for you to get yourself. I got some tips on the kind of bread machine to buy from Trudy . She has a Black & Decker and that is what I bought too. I got the smaller one that makes either 1 lb loaf or a 1-1/2 loaf. With only the two of us that's plenty big enough. DH has muffins for breakfast EVERY morning and he's not home for lunch so that is a good size for us. There are a lot of good machines out there.
Karen did you clear up all your boxes of stuff that arrived?
Well WW for me tomorrow and since it's the start of a new month I think I will go and get weighed in, and then we will have have Tea Time after.
Good night all.
P.S. LILY That little guy waving....it's called the Kylewave so is that "KYLE"? ........
TRUDY love your bear with the yo-yo.

Last edited by slavika; 04-02-2001 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:47 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Ok I will try a bread machine. You both talked me into it. It will be my Goal weight treat.

Yep thats Kyle!!!!!!!!! Thats his name! will make DH happy. He loves South Park. Me however never got into it.
Love him! Silly me. By the way, I just I stole him.

Last edited by LilyG; 04-02-2001 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 12:00 AM   #7  
Net browser

Default .....oh no

ALAS everybody Lily told me she stole my "Kyle".
What to do, what to do?

Actually I think there were more Southpark thingme's but I don't know where I got Kyle from. Hmmm.
Old 04-03-2001, 12:10 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Well, guys, I have some serious confessing to do here. I have spent 3 days in a food haze, starting with cheese fries at Eskimo Joe's with my grandson on Friday. It just went all downhill from there. Yesterday I got it back together, but just hate to find out how much I gained in 3 days. I know why I did this--because I was out and about and visiting with people and couldn't (didn't) pick and choose well as easily.

In a few minutes I go to the doctor for my 3 month bloodtest. This is always a pretty nervous time for me. I give the blood and won't find out the results for a week. I call this my "white knuckle" week.

Lily - You deserve a bread machine. What a neat goal weight present to yourself. And I think you will be able to put the amount of bread you eat, your portion into the WW plan.

I have to leave for the doctor now. Wish me luck.
Glenda
Old 04-03-2001, 06:54 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Yep and Im gonna hold him hostage until you let Tom go. I know you brought him back, your just keeping him for yourself.

Glenda: Good luck with the Dr. Im sure all is well!
Old 04-03-2001, 07:46 PM   #10  
Super Surfer

Default ....Tea Time with TOM

Lily ... how did you know Slavika brought back Tom? We had Tea Time with him today... so cute, all the gals him and I don't think they are giving him up..
...about the Bread Machine. I think they are great because you can make any recipe high fiber by using more whole wheat flour, adding bran or wheat germ, you can use milk or milk powder to increase the amount of calcium, use honey or molasses instead of sugar, add egg and really make the bread as nutritious as you want it to be. We hardly ever finish a loaf, I make my own crumbs, croutons, DH keeps asking for bread pudding (have yet to make it , but will one day), or just chuck what is left. I like to make the fresh loaf for the weekend. Right now I am getting ready to make my Paska (Easter Bread). Yumm Yummm
Glenda... I know exactly what you are confessing to. Sometimes it is so hard to fight the dreaded "food haze". It is like one particular food gets us going and we can't stop. You are back in control now, so just move on and don't beat yourself up. Maybe for you it was the upcoming Blood Test that subconsciously got you going. I remember the last time you went for it you were worried. Good luck with the test results ...I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Slavika .. I think you got Southpark from the allfree-clipart.com.. of course I have been know to be wrong once or twice, way back sometime in 1992... How's the mouse? These darn PC problems ~ they are the

Where is everyone today? See you later
Old 04-03-2001, 09:48 PM   #11  
Net browser

Default ....good luck Glenda

Hi Everybody

Glenda I think Trudy is right, this is an especially stressful time for you, and if you ate more then you should have ....so be it. Put it behind you now and move on. Not much we can do about our little mishaps except to start fresh again. I start FRESH lots of times. LOL Sometimes it turns out to be not as bad as we thought.
Ok Lily I said to Tom (Selleck) at Tea Time today, you have to to go to Lily's place now. He said, "does she have a bread machine, and made wonderful fresh bread." Soooo, I had to tell him the truth, Alas no, she doesn't. Well that was the end of that story!
Went to WW today and managed to lose a big .8# but was happy to have it. Oh Lordy, could I possibly be losing this holiday weight any slower.
One of our Tea Time friends told me about a pan she has that is called a "aebleskiver". The Aebleskiver pan makes, "round pancake balls", like tennis balls that you can put a fruit filling in the center of. These, round pancakes are called....you guessed it, "Aebleskivers". They are sometimes called, "Danish Donuts". She brought me her pan today so that I might try making them over the weekend. I'll let you all know how they turn out.
Dee was over for tea and she looks her usual pretty self, and was feeling not too bad.
Trudy I had to install my old mouse until my Son can come and help me find out what's wrong with the cordless one.
I had my tea time friends all trying to help me find out what was wrong with my "cordless mouse"
Well everybody that was my day........where is everyone else tonight. I'll check back later. Oh brother is that my cordless mouse doing that crazy dance.

Last edited by slavika; 04-03-2001 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 11:05 PM   #12  

Just thought I would drop a note and let you know that my DD had her appointment with the cancer clinic.
We will have to wait up to 4 weeks for all the tests to come back.
At tea time my DH called to tell me that he had an EKG taken and that he wasn't having a heart attack. Thank god! But to tell you the truth I had to sit down and analize this. Slavika asked if everything was ok and I said I guess so but I forgot that my hubby was having a heart attack. lol Now you know I must be off my rockers...You will have to ask the girls ...I guess that I can only deal with so much stress and I shut down. I had totally blocked out what my DH told me about the numbness in his arm and the chest pain that he was having today.
Well the good news is that he is fine! hurray
While he was there the Dr talked to the Cancer Clinic and said my darling daughter platlets are 124. Which is an increase.
So if there is any one out there that wants to take a stress leave...your welcome here!
Things are looking up.

Dee
Old 04-03-2001, 11:09 PM   #13  

You girls have left me in the dust with all the action on your posts, got to get the lessons out the came with this and learn a few new things.

Lilly is it true you made goal????? I haven't had a chance to read all the old posts so am in the dark. So is it true??

Haven't had much of a chance to even breath. Been so busy since we've been back that I need a vacation.

The boxes are gone finally.

I hope to get a chance this weekend to catch up on what's been going on.

Just stopped in to let you know that I am still alive.

Got to go to bed
Old 04-04-2001, 07:16 AM   #14  

Hi all, Hope everything is fine. Glenda it is o.k. to stress out over your blood test. You have been through so much that it is only human. Hope it all comes back great. I went yesterday and don't have to go back for 6 months. Hurray! Couldn't find a parking space so had to look for one on the street. Office is by the U of Cincinnati. Crazy place. Then they forgot I was in the waiting room. Didn't think I would ever get out of there since it isn't a place I really wanted to be. Asked about taking soy. She said she doesn't really know enough about it yet but if I had a bone density test and a lipid profile then took soy for six months instead of hormones she could then see if it was working. Said I would think about it. Lily you had better get a bread machine so those Canadian girls will share Tom with you. It is only fair to share. Trudy sounds like you had an interesting weekend with the granddog. I know all about the rinsing of the big feet. DS's big dog constantly goes in and out when he is here. Have to run now - taking old boss and friend out for the day to a classy new shopping center on the other side of town. Peggy
Old 04-04-2001, 02:32 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Dee: Thats a long wait for the results. Sounds like you are under alot of stress. Hang in there and keep us posted. Glad DH is ok.

Karen: NO I havent yet but Im getting really close. 3 more pounds is all. and its slow.

Trudy: Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend with grand dog!

Peggy: They forgot you were in the waiting room? That happened to me once and I was so mad! Hate when they do that. I know they are busy and all but geez......

Slavika: Alas Guess I will go buy that Bread machine now. But Im afraid you still wont let Tom come to visit. Oh well.... Im sure he will return to Maui. Cant stay away to long and thats when I will return to Maui to.

Best get back to work. ALAS
Closed Thread