Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#77)

Sherry
03-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flooziewelcome

Sherry
03-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Don't Forget To Go Back To #76 And Read The Last Few Posts There!! ;)

Sherry
03-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Ramona Posted On #76 After I Had Closed The Thread. So I'm Bringing It Over Here....Here's Her Post:

Thought I'd post a quick one before I get to started working.

Dan called last night around midnight. He is somewhere outside of Bahgdad. They are living in some kind of 2 man trailers right now. They had phones set up so they could call home. I haven't heard from Ben in a few days. I don't know if he has gotten his orders to go or not.

Sherry, my dad could barely walk he was in so much pain. There was nothing left between the bones for cushion. It was just bone rubbing bone. His other side is perfectly fine though.

Hey to all of you. Maybe this weekend I'll get time to post to everyone individually.

Oh, BTW, I forgot to tell you about my new weightloss plan. Between waiting on my mom and dad and working all day, I have hardly sat down for the last week. My folks have a 4000 square foot house to keep clean and I'm always running from one end of the house to the other. My mom is like Sherry too, she wants everything in it's place and spotless. Their driveway is about a quarter of a mile long from the house to the mailbox. When they are napping, I walk it 2 or 3 times. They have 12 steps leading up to the front door and I've been trotting up and down those several times a day. I haven't weighed, but I am down 1 pant size. Hey, whatever works!!!

Gotta go finish an interview with the cutest little 4 year old girl you have ever seen! I'd like to find the man that molested her and.....I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!

Sherry
03-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Ramona,
I hope it was ok with you to bring your post over to #77.
CONGRATS on being down a pants size!! :cp: WTG!!!! I'm so proud of you!! See all that walking and going up & down stairs paid off!! :cb: YOU GO GIRL!

Also.....
WTG Debbie on being down 3 more lbs!!! WOW...You are doing fantastic!! Also...CONGRATS on being OP for 22 days!!! YOU GO GIRL!! :cp:

I sure feel the motivation! Do you Floozie's????

ShelleyM
03-18-2004, 10:56 AM
You are all doing awesome!! Congrats to all!

Sherry-I have been doing a little organizing (very little!), and yesterday we did some yard work. This break is moving way to fast for me. I've also been spending too much time on the computer on ebay! Did you see the tusk sold? I sent it out yesterday. Now I'm going to my parent's today to take more pictures. They are trying to downsize and possibly buy a house or condo near me. My mother has so many collector dolls and plates that it's not funny!

Deelite
03-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Debbie I am happy that you had a lot of family and friends to support you and your family at this time. Isn't it nice to have such a wonderful friend like Sherry? The buttercups that you bought your Grannymom will be nice to remember her by in your garden. You are doing great on sticking to program, keep going to the YMCA.

Sherry wow you to are now a proud member of the YMCA! I just love it. Our Y is older but I love working out. I do aquafit, work out with weights, jog on the treadmill, use the stepper and the bike. We are there around 5-6 times a week. Yup and I still have weight to lose. But now I have smartened up, not so many sweets. It is paying off. I am glad that you are enjoying your angel. She is there for you when you need a hug and you are down. It is nice to be remembered. I can't believe that your yard needs mowing. Mine needs shoveling.....there is still about 2 feet of snow and then mounds of it where we have shoveled. When does the doctor expect that Drews bone will stop growing. I am glad that he doesn't need an operation right now. I hope that his meds work. I am glad that you are not working to hard this break. You know me better than I know myself. I will post what I mean at the end of this post.

Jennelle that is sad about the girl missing. Did you know her? Does she attend your school?

Ramona how is your Dad doing today? You are such a great daughter taking care of your parents. The benifits are paying off, you are being blessed by losing weight. That is great. Going down a pant size reminds me of I think it was Sherry (possibly Debbie) skirt story where it was to big and they tripped on it. It must have been nice talking to Dan. How many of them are staying in this trailer for two? That is great that they have access to the phone. I hope that you will here from Ben soon.

Tina post and let us know how your mom is coping with her brothers illness. I hope that things are improving a bit. How are your kids?

Shelley you are the ebay queen? Did you refund that girls money for the product that was in good condition when you sent it out? Sunny florida, ahhh.

Gayle how are you doing? You didn't post today yet? Can't you come out and play? Are you all tied up at the moment...lol

Vicki I am with you come on spring.....no spring flowers here yet and won't be for awhile. I can't wait for them to get here so I am on a search for some.

Well I just couldn't wait for spring, for all you girls that kept asking if there was any trips planned, well I did it yesterday. I am leaving on a jet plane.......I off to Puerta Vallarta monday. Just for a week. And it is just me. I am I am going to house sit a mansion and a rottie dog with my mexican sister. I haven't seen Casa Isabel yet but it has a beautiful view of the bay. It has 5 bedrooms and baths,maid service, laundry service, a huge pool, and internet so I will come on line when I am not sunny my boobies. Julianna and I will be the only two there. It is also the Godess Convention starting friday so I will have the weekend to join in. This is an anual girls bash. Tiarras, boas, fancy shoes and I do believe booze. I am sure it is going to be a blast. I will give you full details as it happens or when I get the chance to get off my thrown.

DEE

Jennelle
03-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Dee - She doesn't attend my school. I wish I taught high school, though! :)

Sherry - I know you will enjoy the Y! When you were a kid, did it have scuzzy connotations? I know it did when I was young, so the first time I actually walked into one as an adult, I was flabbergasted at how awesome it was! I really need to get my booty to the gym. My husband pays $50 a month for a family membership through his office and we never go. I like it, but I usually have an excuse...too tired...not enough time...too lazy...blah blah blah. I need to knock that off! :lol:

gdeann
03-18-2004, 07:13 PM
I Know A Secret!!!!!!!!

gdeann
03-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Ramona, is Ben getting deployed also????

gdeann
03-18-2004, 07:15 PM
I know a REALLY good secret!!!!!!!

Sherry
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok Gayle.....Spit It Out!!!!!!! :lol: What's the secret??!!! You're killin' me!!

ShelleyM
03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay, Gayle--Fess up!! What's the secret??????

bootwoman
03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Gayle, Ben has offered to go in one of his fellow K-9 officer's place because the other guy's wife is due to have a baby in June and the deployment is in May or June. I haven't heard for sure if he is going.

Jennelle, any news on the missing girl?

OK Gayle........do tell!

tinagailh
03-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi Ladies!

Debbie I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you have lots of good memories to help comfort you during this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ramona your parents driveway sounds like mine. If I walk to the mailbox and back it is almost a mile. I can't wait for summer. I am gonna start walking it a few times a day.

Shelley you are a truly honest Ebayer. I don't think I would have refunded that ladies money after she waited so long to let you know. I wish all ebayers were as honest and nice as you.

Dee Puerto Vallarto sounds great!!

Gayle you have me in suspense! What is the secret?

My uncle is still hanging on. His condition worsens everyday and each day we think will be his last but he keeps hanging on. My mom has been staying with him practically around the clock. I know she is exhausted along with his wife and kids. They are staying up with him around the clock.

The kids are great. They are enjoying this warm weather. They played outside almost all day.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Tina

gdeann
03-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Tina, how old are the kids? The Hospice in our area offers an excellent bereavement program for children. Prayers continue to be sent.

Ramona, so it sounds like both of the boys will be in Bahgdad? I know this has to be a very hard time for you with the worries of the boys plus both parents needing you so much.

To all staying Op and losing: GREAT JOB!!!!!! I'm staying Op, but I haven't weighed this week.

Dee, can I sneak along in the luggage???? I will even sleep with the Rottie instead of taking up bed space!!!

Now for the secret.....hmmmm....now it wouldn't be a secret anymore if I told you!!!!

ShelleyM
03-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Gayle-You're killing me!!!! When are you gonna tell us???

Tina-I've been checking your stuff out. Do you buy up the stuff then resale? I'd love to start doing something like that. Have you seen the newest thing that I have listed for my parents? It's an R John Wright Winnie the Pooh set. The price is already at $2700.00, and there is still 6 days to go. I am praying for your uncle.

Debbie-Are you okay? How's the family holding up?

Ramona-All this recent tragedy in Baghdad is very scary. I am keeping your boys in my prayers.

Dee-Another vacation?? We'll have to call you the travelin' queen! Have fun!

mzbhavin
03-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Dee ...I with you taking another vacation the end of next week. Going to spend time with my parents. We didn't get very good news about Mom and enjoy her while she is still here with us. Enjoy yourself tremendously we always deserve a vacation.

Hey ladies be back later to check in Kentucky plays tonite.

Vicki

gdeann
03-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Vickster, how long will you be gone? Are you still watching kids? I'm sorry to hear the update about mom.

Deelite
03-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I know a secret too! It is about one of you gals.......

gdeann
03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
hmmmm....Dee......could this be the same secret that I know.........?????????

gdeann
03-19-2004, 11:49 AM
I know a really, really, really good secret........ :-)

tinagailh
03-19-2004, 12:23 PM
AAAHH I can't stand it. I want to know a secret too! :)

Shelley I only buy stuff when I find it at a great price. Like the necklaces and the purses I have on now. I am searching for a place to buy wholesale. The Pooh stuff was in my kids room. My youngest is ready to change to Elmo. He is Elmo crazy.

My Uncles youngest of his 5 kids is in his low 20's. He is having the hardest time. He doesn't like to show his emotions so he is avoiding the inevitable. Hospice has been great. They have had social workers and nurses in and out telling them what to expect and what to watch for. They have given some grief counseling on the stages of grief.

Hope you ladies have a great day.

Tina

ShelleyM
03-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Got the boobs back today. One of the nipples is ripped. Actually it was so slight that maybe it was and I never noticed it. Anyway, I refunded the money and I am going to just put them aside for a rainy day. I won't sell anything that has a flaw in it. I hope she gives me good feedback though. It seems that several people have received stuff and haven't given feedback yet. I hate that!!

I want to know the secret!!! How come Dee and Gayle both know, but nobody else does???? Are you 2 in cohoots together? Gayle, are you going with Dee to Puerta Vaerta (sp?)???? This isn't fair!!

Sherry
03-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Hello :wave:

I just got back from working out at the Y. I really enjoyed it and I'm going to try to go 3-4 times per week.

The secret is:
Dee called me!! I missed her call though. My AOL caller ID isn't working and didn't know she called until a few minutes ago! I hated that!! But after her trip, We're going to try again to talk. Gayle knew because she had to get my phone number from her.

Dee,
Sorry I missed your call.I got your message on my voice mail later. Your voice sounds so cute! I can't wait to try again. I'm so jealous BUT happy for you on your trip.I KNEW you were going somewhere soon! I know you too well!! Man, I wish I could go! I need to get away!! Please have a good time, get a great tan, relax and most of all...HAVE FUN!! Also, Please try to post with us while you're there.I know you'll be having so much fun but don't forget us !! Love ya!!!!! :grouphug:

Vicki,
Sorry to hear about your Mom.I'm glad you're going there to be with her.How long will you be gone? Give her a hug for me.

I'll check back in later.....
Hugs!

gdeann
03-19-2004, 10:17 PM
SHOOT! Now everyone knows the secret!!! Tee-heee!!!! GOTTCHA!!!!!! I'm getting on a new phone plan so hopefully I can allow enough minutes per month to make a surprise call to my friends! So, be on the lookout, it could be you!!!!! All except that Canada babe...I'll need to start saving up my painting money to cover that one...

Tina, is your uncle still at home?

tinagailh
03-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi! Yeah a phone call. That sounds fun. Sorry you missed each other.

Vicki I am sorry about your mom. I know you will Cherish every moment you have with her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Now I am jealous everyone is working out at the Y but me. I don't have one close to me. Guess I will just have to stick with Curves for now.

Gayle yes my uncle is at home. When the dr told him there really wasn't anything else they could do he said he wanted to go home. He has his hospital bed set up with a lot of Morphine to keep him pain free. I went over to see him today. He slept most of the time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tina

gdeann
03-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Tina, I think it is so nice when the patient can stay in the home. We had a hospital bed setup in the livingroom with my dad, that way he could still be involved in day to day stuff compared to being off in a room somewhere. It brings back special memories for me, I remember our last Christmas together with some of us sitting along side him in the bed while opening presents. I hope your uncle will not suffer and will pass away peacefully, I also pray that your nephew will handle coping with the grief he is feeling.

I had a class today then Liz and I made a trip to our local pawn shops!!! Since Liz works in a jewelry store, she is pretty good about spotting the real thing, if you examine closely, you can get some pretty good deals. I ended up with a gold ring accented with 5 round diamonds, the diamonds are kinda on the small side, but with a special, I ended up getting it for $40.00! Liz said it would of been around $200.00 at the store. I've decided to start buying me some nice jewelry instead of wearing so much costume jewelry. In the past with bills tc. I just haven't ever made those types of purchases.

ShelleyM
03-20-2004, 08:18 AM
What do you ladies think about us PMing each other's phone numbers?? Then maybe we can make surprise calls too!

tinagailh
03-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Ladies!

I think it would be great to share phone numbers. The plan I am on I get 50 free long distance minutes and I rarely use more than 5. You all probably have done this but I would like address so I could send cards etc.

Gayle, It was his wish to be at home. Up until the last couple of days he was able to sit in his recliner. So much nicer than being in a hospital room. His bed is in the living room and he is right were all the action goes on. It's my cousin that is having the hard time. He has only been to visit him once since last Friday when they told him there was nothing more that could be done. He has gone down so much in the last week he says he can't stand to see his dad the way he is. I just hope that he does not regret not visiting more later. I can understand how he feels. The drs have been real good about increasing his pain meds when he appears to be in pain. He keeps hanging in. We have been told a few times he could go within the next 2 days and he keeps hanging on.

We used to have several pawn shops in town and I would love to shop at them. You can get some great deals. We only have one now. Do you ever go to Thrift shops? My husbands grandma took me too a GoodWill when we were visiting her in Ohio and I was hooked. The kids get great toys at a great price. We have one close to us that is great. I also find new or nearly new clothes for the kids for nearly nothing.

I gotta clean the house. I will check back in later.

Tina

gdeann
03-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Tina, that was the hardest thing when I became involved with Hospice, to understand everyone has their own way of coping with grief and not everyone is going to feel the way I do. Even within my family, there are a certain few that feel comfortable talking about death and there are others that would prefer to not even discuss it. Maybe this is best for your cousin, if he can't handle seeing your uncle this way, then he isn't being forced into it. I hope he can do what he needs to, so he won't suffer from guilt when your uncle passes away. It hasn't been that long since your uncle was diagnosed, he may very well still be in the denial stage. Our Goodwill isn't very nice. The employees are rude, the stuff dirty and the prices are high. If I drive around 50 miles to another Goodwill, it is just the opposite! Everything organized, hanging and a joy to shop in!!!!

HOW IS EVERYONE THIS FINE MARCH MORNING?????

Deelite
03-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Happy Spring everyone!!!

Shelley I think that it would be greatto private message everyone with our #'s. I lost all my phone #'s when the board crashed. Whos's boobs were they anyways? I would love to have smaller ones.

Vicki I am sorry that your mom isn't doing well. I wish that you could go to Florida with happy news. Enjoy the time that you have with your parents.

Tina I am still praying for your family. Gayle has some great advise. She understands all this stuff and knows what to say. I shop at salvation army all the time. I love garage sales too. I think with all the money that I save I am able to go on trips. I don't buy much new clothes from stores only new stuff at second hand stores.

Debbie how are you doing? Keep your dear memories of Grannymom near your heart.

Sherry I have a blocked # so on call display it won't show up, maybe just private or blocked. We will conect yet. Now the element of surprise is gone because you will probably recognize my voice. I had Gayle really going when I called.

Gayle we have a lot of second hand stores and wholesalers here. Actually we are the wholesale capitol of canada. Maybe you want to come down and check it out?

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be checking in from PV. By the way I just wanted you all to know that my ticket to PV was cheap. It was only $98 plys $210 tax. Cheap, cheap, cheap. No fee for lodging so I couldn't say no.

Have a good one.

DebbieA
03-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Welcome SPRING!!!...and that means...NOT too long until summer ladies!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Seems there is still lots of sorrow on this board.

Tina...Sorry about your uncle!! Did you say he was a young man? I agree with Gayle , everyone deals with death in thier own way. Hopefully your cousin will found everyone he can talk to about it.

Vicki...I am so glad you are going to spend time with your Mom. Thinking of you and your family.

Dee....Another vacation??? I'm so jealous! Looks like no vacation this summer for us. But I have a great imagination, from my deck I can be anywhere I want to. Have a wonderful time, can't wait to hear about all your the adventures.

Ramona....Are you still running up and down stairs? Great way to excerise!!

Gayle....My daugther loves the Goodwill, but I never found anything good. Same with yard sales, love to go but rarely found the deal of a lifetime...LOL.

Sherry...Sorry about our plans being changed tonight. With all the storms, it was best to stay in. Did you go to the Y today? I planned to go, but going tomorrow morning for sure. I did get a workout carrying wood though...does that count? LOL

Shelley....I may be interested in a set of boobs myself. When I start losing wieght mine is the first thing to go...LOL.

Thanks everyone for continuing to think of my family. All us kids are trying to help Mom as much as possible. She is feeling the stress already, because she is the oldest and in charge of Grannymom's estate.

My sister called me this afternoon with some very touching news. A diamond ring my aunt bought for Grannymom many years ago as been given to me. My Grannymom wore this ring everyday!! My aunt wanted me to have it!! I cried and cried!! I will wear it with pride and joy, and even cry somedays I'm sure.

Summer count-down!!!

24 days down.....AND 72 TO GO!!!!!

Hugs...deb

DebbieA
03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Morning girls:wave:

I thought I would share a Debbie "blonde moment" with you!! I got all ready to go to the Y this morning. I have planned the last 2 days but haven't got there. James took Katelyn out to breakfast, perfect time for me to go...right??? WRONG!!!

When I pulled up I had the Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon" blasting, trying to sike myself up. I noticed there wasn't very many cars there, perfect time to excerise....Right? But there was a few people standing in the parking lot. As I went in the door there was 2 ladies with dresses on holding Bibles. There I stand with my little caprice pants on and a big T-shirt. A sweet little girl walked over to me and said " We are having church services this morning, the Y doesn't open until 1pm today. But I was welcome to stay if you want." I was so embarrassed. Leave it me not to check the hours!!!
I may go back at 1:00, hopefully all the church people will be through praying for me by then...LOL.

Summer count-down!!!
:cb: 25 days down.....71 TO GO!!!:cb:

Sherry
03-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Debbie...That is too funny!! :lol: Well one things for sure...You were probably prayed for today!!

Dee....Let us know when you get to PV!! Wishing you a fun & safe trip!!

I hate to even tell everyone this.You're probably thinking..Gosh what else could happen! I woke up one morning last week with a huge spot on the left side of my face.It kinda looks like between a spider bite or a ringworm.Well I went to the pharm. last night and he said it was not a ringworm.He thinks it looks more like a spider or insect bite.It looks HORRIBLE and makeup doesn't do a good job on covering it up.This morning when I got up, that whole side of my face is swollen big. Does anyone know what it could be? It's red, small raised bumps and swollen.

Have a great OP day!

bootwoman
03-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Sherry, does it itch or hurt? It could be a spider bite, or it could be shingles. Better have it looked at as soon as you can!

Sherry
03-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Ramona,
What is shingles? I'll try to look it up on the webDr.
It doesn't hurt...It itches at times. Weird huh?

ShelleyM
03-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Sherry-Be careful! If it is red around it, could be a brown recluse spider and very dangerous. Please have it checked out today! If it's shingles, they are painful. My mom had them. Whatever it is, get it checked out immediately!

tinagailh
03-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Sherry please get it checked out. A lady who rents a house from us was bit by a spider and ended up in the hospital for nearly a week.

Debbie my uncle is 56. I think that is young. And don't worry about the blonde moment I seem to have those too. Funny I seem to have a lot more now that I have kids. Is it them making me crazy or just getting older?

Dee I am so jealous. (Wishing I could fit into a suitcase or one of those pet carriers) LOL

I love yard sales. My kids love going but they don't like getting up early. Auctions are fun too. I am so ready for warm weather to finally get here and stay for awhile.

Hopr everyone is having a good weekend.

Tina

Sherry
03-21-2004, 05:19 PM
I agree...It would be fun to surprise one another with a phone call! :)

We don't have long distance on our phone.I'll have to buy a calling card.Please email me OR PM with your number if you would like to exchange.

**It won't cost Debbie,Tina or me a long distance call if we call each another! :lol:

gdeann
03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Sherry, take care of yourself!!!!!! Sounds like it could be a spidere bite. Is the center raised up "zit" looking?

Deb, okay.....you an get away saying you had a blonde moment. I'm brunette, so what do I say? I need to know because I have a lot of them!!!

Tina, I like yard sales too. We live in a small city so it seems like I need to go to 5 or 6 in a row to finally find a decent one.

Ramona, can people get shingles on the face? I've heard of shingles on the torso to the point people need to be medicated for the itching.

Shelley, where did your mom have shingles? It has something to do with never having chicken pox as a child? I know they have a vaccine out now for chicken pox and the doctor said if Allison had it, she could be prone to shingles later in life because of never having the CP virus.

Sherry
03-21-2004, 07:12 PM
STOP!!!

Please Go To #78................A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!! :wave: