South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 05:41 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chick Chat

I am cold and tired so why am I up? I woke just after 4 this morning and could not get back to sleep. Is it possible I need only 6 hours of sleep? Doesn't feel like that! Grump! Grump! Grump! Coffee will help so I'll be back in a bit.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:32 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

G'morning...

I think I'm awake, but don't hold me to it. Woke up to that kind of cold that the moment you burrow out from under the covers, it attacks your bones and the end of your nose. brrrr..

Ruth, when you're conscious, you'll have to tell how your St. Pat's day dinner came out. I totally forgot about dinner. Had a looooong day at the lab and by the time I came home, I was wiped out. Definitely NOT in the mood to cook a complicated supper. So, it will be Guiness Stew another day. As for the titmice...you are so bad!!

Clovey, You need to tell more about the "Commandant".... What's that all about??? And...trust me on this...you do NOT want Bradford pear trees. Yes, they're pretty...from a distance...but get close and the resulting olfactory assault will leave you sick. The blossoms smell like a rotting corpse. I'm not kidding, they really are that nasty.

Bird Lady, Your story about the lizard was hysterical. I'm from San Diego and we had these alligator lizards who'd just as soon bite you as look at you if you dared intrude on THEIR territory. One big ole bubba of a lizard decided that his territory included the front door threshold. I was forever using oven mitts and a fishnet to herd him back outside, one time I even relocated him to the back yard under an arbor vitae tree. 2 hours later, he was back at his post. ~~sigh~~ I just gave up and stepped over him after that.

I don't think the lovebirds can compare, decibel-wise with 3 parrots... Yeesh!

2BFit, How was the day at the Pottery? Hubby and I like going up there a couple times a year. I love the bridge that's covered in wisteria.

Good morning to Ellis, Little Chick, Gavin's Mom, JustJodi, Jenni, Sweetiepettiti, Crystal, SouthDakota, Bamiegirl and LouLouBelle.

Ok, I think the bath is warm enough for my shower. You all have a great day on the beach...I'll check in when I can.

Mamacita
Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 AM   #3  

Eew mamacita you can keep your smelly trees. We have stuff here called stink weed. Similar yukkyness.

Ruthie, so sorry you are feeling crappy. You look after yourself. It will soon be garden time. Long lovely days of warmth and ease and softness. Soon soon soon.

I have had a breakthrough on the weight front....for the first time today my morning weight was below 16 stone in all scale positions! ie below 224lbs for you pounded ones. I have not been here since on the way up which was around six years ago.

I am feeling very motivated. And grateful to you all for your support and friendship keeping me on track.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Yay, Clovey!!!!

Mamacita
Old 03-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies this will be a quick post today. I have one little one sick and I have a big meeting to get ready for tonight. and that is really how I feel about it. It is for our community center and it has been stressing me out for months. Oh well we will see how things go. I guess I can't stress about what I have no controll over.

Ruthie and mamcita sorry to hear that you didn't want to get out of bed. I really didn't either. Hope you girls have a great day.

Clovey hope you have a great day. And you keep me motivated too. Is it not great that we have a place to come to and get moral support from chicks that understand excalty what we are going through.

To the rest of you fab chickies: Ellis,2bfit,gavin'smom,JustJodi, Jenni, Sweetiepettiti, Crystal, SouthDakota, Bamiegirl and LouLouBelle. Hope you chicks have a great day as well.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruthie. So sorry you're having a rough day, sweetie. It's going to warm up later this week. Really it is. You need to treat yourself to a little something. Sending you lots of love and prayers...

Marmacita... how exotic... lizards at your door.

Clovey, congratulations, hon! That is WONDERFUL news!!!

I've got to get some coffee...
Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, I hope the meeting goes well this evening.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry to be so crabby earlier! My joints were aching and I realized when I let the Girls out that the weather changed overnight - for worse, not better! It frassing snowed! A couple of Advil, coffee and breakfast have put me right. Methinks I should do the Advil thing at night to see if that will help me sleep longer. Aches and pains wake me up!

Hershey had her second treadmill session yesterday afternoon after her "job" at the clinic. She actually seemed to get the hang of it and didn't panic or go off the end. Keith held her under the tummy and I was at her head with small treats dispensing encouraging words. After that we went to the vet for weigh-in and she is UP to 60.4 pounds! Sheesh! I have a phone conference this morning with Leslie the Vet who was off yesterday to see if we can sort out something. Do they have ephedra for dogs? Just kidding!

The corned beef and cabbage was just great last night! I did hop on the scale this morning from force of habit and weight is NOT up. A miracle from St. Patrick! I'll be really careful today and will not go near the Chinese buffet when I have my afternoon off. I am going for a cut and perm so there really won't be time although I do hope to pop into A&P for some fish and salad greens. Jane leaves at 4:30 and my perm is at 1:30 so it will be tight as it's 30 minutes driving home from town. We'll play it by ear.

Clovey, good work on passing another milestone - in the true sense of the word!

Mamcita, do titmice reduce your boob size? I could use them if that's the case.

Ellis, did you walk to the gym and freeze your tush off? I'm so glad you have the apartment rented because that means you can ease off on the renovations and start thinking garden!

I have to get out of here so the vet can call me to discuss H's weight. I know she won't approve of the raw (non-commercial) diet so I won't mention it!

Hi to the rest of the Beach. I'll be back alter this morning to see what's happening.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Morning ladies! I'm in a great mood this am. Stepped on the scale and am down 3 lbs after gaining 2 lbs over the weekend!!! Thank goodness we can always go back to Phase 1 after being naughty!
Ruth, don't fret, it's sooo cold here, too. Got more snow overnite, and several inches are predicted for tonite AND tomorrow! Will spring ever come?
Gotta run, the little ones will be dropped off here soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-18-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #10  

good morning to everyone!!

congrats clovey!!! keep up the good work!!

i too am back on my way down despite the corned beef and cabbage i had for dinner last night. i did not eat the potatoes and i only had a little piece of the corned beef stuck to mostly cabbage. i went bowling last night (my regular wednesday thing) and stayed totally op, had a decaf coffee and a diet 7up to drink. watched my teammates wolf down a huge plate of french fries with ranch dressing and devour an entire x-tra cheese and mushroom pizza, along with a bag of cheddar and sour cream chips and a few smaller bags of doritos. 2 of the ladies are doing ww at the moment and they assured me this was all within their points range for the day???? to each his own.

ruth hope you and the girls get back on the right track soon. spring is near!!!

good luck with the meeting tonight little chick..........i also have a big one this evening i am dropping off the board of the little guy football league. i've been on it for 5 years now but it is time for me to go. i'll miss it but i'm sure i'll be on to bigger and better things.

to all you other chicks have a super great totally op day!!! and if you can't then eat a little bit for me too!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Poppin back in for a second. My sick little one just got picked up and the other 3 are playing nicely in the play room so I have a quick minute. Ruthie and Justjodi thanks for the food descriptions now I am starving. I really need this meeting over with I have been stress eating all week. I really should just resign and get it over with, but then I feel like I am letting myself down by quitting. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait til the meeting to see what I end up doing. Well I must go do the dishes and get ready for the kids snack time.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:50 AM   #12  

Good Morning Chicks!
We had about 10 inches of snow yesterday & we're still digging out, as it has continued to flurry right thru the night into this morning.
I find this snow unacceptable, as the first day of spring is 2 days away, and I of course have already put my spring basket of forsythia & kitty willows on my front door!
Ruth, I hope you feel better soon...yucky way to beging the day.
Clovey, you just crack me up! Sometimes just reading your funny posts gets me thru a rough day! Thanks! Oh and great job on your loss! You go girrrrl!
Hi to Ellis & Little Chick & everyone else I missed.
Have a great OP day!
Jan
Old 03-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #13  
Strong not Skinny

Yikes! I pine ALL winter for a bit of snow, and we only get a flurry or two. But honestly once the daffodils are up (they are) and the Bradford pear trees bloom (they are) I am so over snow. I really feel for ya. I'll send a little spring your way. I spent the whole dang morning fiddling with my computer, I got my coffee, came in to log on with you gals and no signal. So while my coffee got cold and I connected and reconnected everything and was on hold for 20 minutes, This snippy voice comes on and starts drilling me with questions and right there, it logs on. I hate things I don't understand. But the day is saved, I have 3 auctions ending on ebay and need my computer. Big day as I am video taping my entry to the Today show for the next domestic diva. Not everyone knows, but Martha learned everything she knows from me! HA! If by some sort of miracle I am a finalist I'll be in NY and 5# lighter thanks to the SBD and my chicks on the beach! Have a great one!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:30 AM   #14  
Reeling Reverend

Well Chicks, you've done it again!! Take a bow, darlings. I was SO in the mood for a GIGANTIC muffin from the deli next door. Big, blueberry, chock full o' the most delicious carbs... and I'm eatin' cottage cheese instead. Saw the board, Clovey passing stones, etc. and decided it just wasn't worth it today. This means I'll likely be OP the rest of the day, too. THANKS!!! You guys are the best!!

WELL!! Remember how excited I was that Farley was coming to visit? He's a Brussels Griffon (the little dog in the movie "As Good As It Gets") I was ready to take them both the Chinese food restaurant this morning. Noodles, my baby, won't leave this poor little man alone, and she weighs 3 times as much as he does. She keeps jumping on him and barking and carrying on... I had to barricade the little on in the kitchen this morning with two baby gates on top of each other. This was after having had him in the bathroom with me whilst I showered this morning. UUUUuuuuuggggg!! The little one slept on my head last night and the big one slept on my legs. ON THEM. He's only here until Monday.... BUT! We have to go take care of my DB's bosses autistic son this weekend through next week. They also have a dog, who is a decrepit old Lab, but refuses to beleive it. So I will have three dogs and an autistic child. I love them all so dearly, so while it will be hard, I'm sure there are many laughs ahead this weekend...

Conrgats to all that are doing so well OP!! To all the rest of us... Spring is about to sprung! Let's get going!! I'm down for a new pair of smaller size capris for gardening purposes....

Have a great day, all!!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 AM   #15  
Strong not Skinny

OHMYGOSH, Crystal, I can't imagine 3 dogs...why is it they can so easily take on a different personality, like my golden, 85# who thinks she's a lap dog, and we are all hung up on the littlest things. I think we could learn something here. Instead of being a Sharpei today, I'm a great dane! Guess that means exercise is in the plan...
Closed Thread