Support Groups - stay at home moms #137

View Full Version : stay at home moms #137

need2losemore
03-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better! ;)

need2losemore
03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Good morning everyone.
Happy St. Patricks day. :) My grandma's last name is McGhee, so I'm thinking I have some Irish in my blood. Sounds like everyone is having a good day.
Two days ago I did a 45 min weight video using 5 lb weights, and I am so sore. I got my aerobics in yesterday, and just finished pilates. I hope every one gets in some sort of exercise today.
There isn't really much going on here. Its supposed to be nice today, so I am taking the boys outside later. I need to do a little housework, but not bad. I don't remember who said to use the Mr. clean eraser on the shower, but I used it on dh's shower, it is ten times better than what it was. I have a cell phone with 400 monthly minutes. I share with my mom too, but we don't use them all. Speaking of tanning, they are going to open a tanning salon in the strip mall right in front of me, so I am thinking about going and applying there to work evenings. I think that would be great. But they are probaly looking for some cute teenage girls to work there. I will check back in later.

spryng
03-17-2004, 01:50 PM
It's me again!! lol
Thanks Ricci for starting the new thread! You do so well on your exercise! Do you workout before anyone gets up? or are you able to exercise during the day? I haven't got in any workouts this week at all. I really need to get some pilates in. The ladies that run the tanning salon here are anything but perky teenagers, lol. They are mid forties and do not tan themselves. So I don't think you will have a problem getting hired if that is what you want to do.
Melinda, how long did it take for you to get darker? Were you tanning nude and maybe just couldn't see the changes since it was all over? I used a sticker last night. Is your grandma anxious to meet your baby?? I hope you get a good visit in. Why does she live here half the year and there the other half?
Well my laundry room is about finished!! Only two more loads of laundry to do and then I'm done with that part and I'm almost done cleaning it. It's been hard work. The tops of my washer and dryer were catch alls. I had tons of things piled on them and everything else. But it's looking great. Can't wait to get started saturday!!
I guess I will get off here and start thinking about lunch. What is everyone else having for lunch? I ran out of lean cuisines and I'm tired of grilled cheese, plus I ran out of sliced cheese yesterday. Today may be a veggie day for lunch. I really need to go shopping again.
OK, got to go! TTYL!

Chubba
03-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Ricci,

Thanks for starting the new thread! I thought about it, but once you do you can't scroll down to see what everyone said! I'm too dumb to remember sometimes lol.
Great going on your exercising! Awsome!

Melinda...you've been very busy lately with visitors! I assume your grandma is your mom's mom and she speaks vietnamese so you have a translator? Can't imagine spliting where I live...especially at 85!

Spryng, I called US cellular just to check and I can call ld anytime...it just counts against my 400 minutes. They only charge more if I don't call from within my calling area...I'm rarely outside of that so no problem. Hey, you haven't been keeping up with the exercise challenge that you started???? Shame on me for not noticing!! I try to get it in in the morning if the kids will let me. By the time they go to bed I'm usually tired and just want to relax. This morning I was trying to do the 4 mile walk but it was alittle more aerobic than her 3 mi walk...I did 2.5 miles and am going to try to get on the balance ball tonight. We shall see.

Lunch...maybe tuna and a salad or some veggies. Should decide soon since it's noon :). Better go make lunch for the boys.

TTYL

candybar74
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey all. Just a quickie as my ENT appt is in an hour and I've can't remember hardly anything from the last thread anyhows. Spryng, congrats on getting the laundry room almost done! You'll have to post a picture once you get your base tan.
Melinda, hope you have a nice visit w/Gma. If you don't get a workout today, I'm sure you'll get one in tomorrow! Geri, glad you are having fun with the new phone. My dad has some plan where he has a bunch of phones and I just give them $15/month towards mine. My dh has Nextel for work. I would love to have one of those so I could beep him whenever I wanted to but for that very reason he doesn't want me to have one!!! Plus they are expensive. Ginny, lots of snow up there? Penny, you ready to get on plan yet? Maybe you need 1/2 dozen donuts! That always seemed to put me in the mood to get op! Ha,ha Ricci, I think the tanning salon would be a great work idea. Do you like to tan? I am fair and gave up some years ago. I get a little tan from working in the yard but I will never be dark. My dh says I'm creamy!

My trip to the cabinet place went ok. They said they are never cheaper than Lowe's so I am curious to see what their estimate will be. I guess they will fax it when they are done. Lowe's does it with you right there so you have the estimate when you leave. Difference between a chain and a custom builder I guess.

Well, I'm off to the ENT. Hope he can fix me up. Sean and Ky are going with me so this should be interesting. Sean has already informed me that he is going to ask the dr if he can look in my ear and he knows how to respond to whatever answer he gets. I sure hope they behave. It is at 2:30pm which is right smack dab in the middle of Ky's naptime so I'm a little worried about that. I'll let you know. I'm going to try a juice diet the next couple of days. We'll see if I make it. I need something to jumpstart my weightloss again and juice always makes me feel full anyways. I'm still eating fruit until noon so I'll still be getting in some chewing. We'll see how it goes. TTYL!!!

Chubba
03-17-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm going to the chatroom if anyone wants to join me.

meltin
03-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Geri - Great chat! JW is down again.

Spryng - It took me about a 3 weeks to notice the change.It must be my skin. My sister tans much easier. I tanned with a two piece. Too worried about burning, if you know what I mean. The stand up beds are the best.

Ricci - I bought the clean eraser b/c it was practically free with coupons. Haven't used to yet. I'll try it since everyone is having good results.

My grandma has family in Vietnam, so that is why she stays in both places. I did not meet her until I was 14. My mom had not seen her in 15 years at that time. She came here after the war, met my dad in Vietnam, came here to get married. Really a beautiful love story. She was so excited to see JW and he smiled and cooed at her. We had to come home for him to get a nap. But she is getting over jetlag.

With the chat room made me stop my temptations to eat that hour. I am drinking water now. It is nice outside so I think I will take JW out when he wakes. It is in the 70's should I start putting sunscreen on him. I have not thought much about that.

Happy Wednesday and No Late Night Eating.

Melinda

spryng
03-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Good afternoon all!
I am so sorry I missed chat again. I was napping. I was fine all morning and then once noon hit and I sat down my energy left me fast. While I was rocking Tanner to sleep i could barely keep my eyes open. I don't know what is wrong with me, I sleep fine at night and have been getting in bed by 10 pm, so who knows.
Melinda, I know what you mean about being scared to tan nude. I was too but haven't burned so far since I'm starting out really slow. And that is one thing I hate about tanning during the summer.... TAN LINES. lol. So glad your grandma enjoyed meeting your son! How neat.
Candy, I really hope your ENT visit went well and you got some good news. Has your ear felt any better the last couple of days? Andyour advice to Penny hit home, I used to do the same thing to get me OP, not with donuts but just with alot of high fat/calorie foods. I would gorge myself and then be so miserable I would get back OP the next day with no problems, :) Brought back memories. I could never do a juice diet. I don't like juice or many fruits so it wouldn't work for me. Let us know how it goes for you.
Geri, you are right, I haven't been doing great on my own exercise challenge, lol. I'm like you though, I can't get up earlier than I do to exercise, the kids own't let me exercise while they are up and playing and by the time they go to bed lately I have no energy and just want to sleep. Pathetic excuses I know... but I'm going to try harder. I will get something in tonight.
I didn't get any lunch in today. Tanner went down for his nap at 12:20 pm and like I said before I was so tired I went straight to bed! But now I am hungry but not sure what I want to do. Since I have 16 pts to use I really want subway, I can get a footlong sub with baked chips for 13 pts. Sounds so good right now.
Hey, don't forget Survivor is on tonight instead of tomorrow night! Got to go!

candybar74
03-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey! Just got back from the ENT. Nightmare. I took the kids and we all got to see inside me ear because they used this little camera thingy and there was a tv on the wall and on the ceiling. Anyhows, after the PA came in to look, he sent me to have pressure checked. Then we waited and waited and waited. Apparently someone was having a nose bleed emergency. Then the dr came in and sucked out some wax and sent me to have pressure checked again and have my hearing checked. Then he looked again and sucked out some more stuff and said I had 2 choices. Take some steriods and hope it clears up or let him slit it open and drain it out. If the steriods didn't work, that would be option 2. I went for the cut so they actually cut twice and it hurt like the dickens and they sucked out a bunch of stuff and I still can't hear and I'm in terrible pain. Ugh!!! Anyhows, hope this will fix it up. He said it is not infected anymore, just swollen. So, I still have to take some steriods and use some ear drops and go back in 10 days to make sure the cut healed properly. The kids were so good considering we were there over 2 hours. Kylie wasn't listening too good by the last 1/2 hour but she should have been down for a nap at 2pm so I could hardly blame her. Glad it is over and I will not do that again. Anyhows, sorry not to get personal but I have got to go lay down. TTYL!!!

Chubba
03-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi again,

Melinda...it was a fun chat and yes, it keeps us from eating doesn't it!

Candy...gosh I sure hope the ENT fixed your ear...WHAT NEXT??

Spryng...I'm so happy for the reminder about Survivor...it's probably on at the same time as Idol so I'll have to flip back and forth! I won't call you tonight 'cause I want you to get your exercise in :). Most likely tomorrow 'cause Dh comes in on Friday right??

Hi Ricci, Ginny, Penny everyone else out there! Penny...you better get here and post even if you're not back OP! We still want to hear from you!!

TTYL

spryng
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Hello!
Candy, I don't know how you do it!! What did they cut open? Your eardrum??? How long will it take for the swelling to go down? I feel so bad for you. I hope it finally heals up. You sure deserve a break.
Geri, survivor is on at 7 pm and idol starts at 7:30, so you'll get at leat 30 min of survivor :) And I did get 10 min of my pilates in. I wanted to do more but the kids came in from the backyard and Tanner decided I was a human target and jkept lunging on me. :( O-well... I do promise to get the other 20 min in tonight. And you can still call me, or do you want me to call you when I am done working out? What time do your boys go down? And yes, Dh will be home friday night so friday through sun night is not a good time to call, he likes my undivided attention, lol.
Well, ended up having McD's for dinner. But all within my pts and it was very good. Got 7 min of tanning in and hopefully I can start to see something by tomorrow. Well, survivor is starting, TTYL!

Chubba
03-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Spryng, Tony's down now and Will should be down by 8:30. Why don't you give me a call when you're done! I know what that human target feels like!
I'll call you the next time around :)

spryng
03-17-2004, 10:39 PM
OK, I sure will Geri!! Expecy my call around 9:30 or so. I'm going to work on Tanner now and see if he is ready to go down. Talk to you very soon!! I'm so excited!

candybar74
03-18-2004, 09:58 AM
So, how did the call go, gals? I am still in quite a bit of pain. Yes, Spryng, he put a slice or 2 in the eardrum to drain the fluid. I just layed on the couch all night as it drained. It is still draining. Really gross!!! He didn't tell me it would hurt this bad but maybe he didn't know. Oh well, at least that fluid is getting out. I still can't hear too well but I am hoping that will improve as more fluid comes out.

Since I know I am not infected anymore, I'm gonna try to start exercising again. We'll see how it goes. I may wait until tomorrow. I tried my juice thingy yesterday but I ended up having clam chowder for dinner. Spryng, the juice I drink is nothing like you would buy at the store. I only drink fresh squeezed. Yesterday for lunch I had carrot/celery/spinach/pear. I know it sounds gross but it actually tastes good. You don't taste the spinach at all and it really just tastes sweet. It is very filling and I found out that the celery is actually an appetite suppressant which explains why I was having problems remembering to eat dinner when I was drinking it around 5pm. Anyhows, I always have a smoothie for breakfast so I may just try juicing at lunch and doing a regular dinner and see how that helps with the weight loss. I want to look half way decent for Sea World and that is only 1 month away!!! Ok, well, I'm gonna try and get a little work done since I didn't work last night! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

spryng
03-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Good morning all!
Geri, I really loved talking to you last night! I hope you got some sleep and the boys didn't get up too early for you.
Candy, are you taking something for the pain? I hope today is a better day for you. And take it easy on exercise, you may want to wait until that ear heals completely or just take a nice slow walk or something light. I hope your juicing goes better today also. You are a determined woman, I know you will look great in 1 month! Just stay focused on that.
Well, talked to DH last night and I guess there is a possibility he may get to come home tonight. I'm not getting too excited about it because I've heard that before and he had to do another load, so I'm just going to stick around the house and get the rest of my cleaning done and finish up the laundry area and see what happens with him. He's actually in Olathe right now (1 hr 20 min) and I'm making myself not drive up there!! I'm so ready to see him. I know I can wait one more day if I have to.
Well, I burned last night from my tanning. I noticed it before I went to bed. My back and the back of my arms got burned. It's not really bad, just a little red and sore, I think I will still tan tonight but put a towel under my back so it doesn't get affected this time. But I am finally starting to change color! (and I don't mean the red back ,lol) I have a really light tan but it is starting to appear, I'm getting excited about it. I'm almost ready for bathing suit season!! Maybe next week I will start shopping for one.
Well, I need to get some breakfast in me and then start on this house. TTYL!
Ginny, did you get to your meeting yesterday? Can't wait to hear the results.

Chubba
03-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Good morning all, :coffee:

Spryng, it was great talking with you!! We'll do it again for sure. Hope Dh does get in tonight. Yeah! Your tan's beginning to show :D

Unfortunately, Tony only slept in 5 minutes longer today so it was 10 min to 6 :yawn: But I'll survive. He woke will up so they were both up early. Maybe they'll both go to sleep a little earlier tonight. ;)

Candy, I agree with Spryng...wait a bit on the exercise. I know you're itching to get back to it, but if you are in that much pain you may just aggravate it more by exercising! :goodvibes Hope you're feeling yourself real soon.

Got in my 3 mile walk this morning ( :thanks: boys!!). It sure makes me sweat!!

Gotta figure out something for dinner tonight...what's eveyrone else having?? I hate thinking about dinner at 9 in the morning! :( But if I don't I won't get anything out of the freezer.

Not doing much else today. It's snowing again...ended up with less than an inch yesterday and only supposed to get about the same today maybe mixed with rain. Ginny, how much did you end up with?

Penny! Where are you???

Melinda, Ricci, anyone else...have a great OP morning and I'll check back in later.

Chubba
03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
If anyone wants to chat at 2, I'm planning to be there...the boys permitting!

See you there.

meltin
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Chat was great! Much cheaper than therapy. LOL :dizzy:

Spryng - Hope the visit with MIL goes well. Hoping that you get to see your dh. My dh grandparents have a trucking company in Albany, Ga. His grandfather died in Dec, but his grandmother still run its. He was 80 in Nov and until the last year he was still driving the trucks. He was really a good man. He got to come to JW baptism in Nov, so I am glad that he got to see him. His truckers were the pallbearers at his funeral. He loved his company and trucks.

Candy - I wish I would have known about your appt. I could have helped out with the kids. We will have to get together when things slow down for you. The procedure sounds awful. I hope that you are feeling better.

Happy Thursday!

Melinda

spryng
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
It is quiet here tonight.
MIL didn't stay very long, she needed to put some eggs in my fridge while she did something in town and then came back and got them. So she was here for a total of 10 min at the most. DH won't get to come home tonight, see? I don't get my hopes up when he tells me those things. But tomorrow for sure! I am so ready to see him. I went ahead and tanned tonight for 5 min but I put a towel under my back and the back of my arms so the burn wouldn't be affected. I really am starting to love those tanning beds, so warm and relaxing. I'm sure when I am able to do 20 min I will fall alseep on it. I can't wait! lol. I ended up making tuna helper for dinner (the low fat version on the box) and the kids ate it up. It was filling. I have 6more pts to use today but I am so full. Maybe I'll drink some milk.
Well, no survivor or csi tonight so I will be faithful to the apprentice! :) Hope everyone is having a great evening ! TTYL!

Chubba
03-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Good evening! I'm starting to think Spryng and I are the only ones with nothing to do but post :lol:

This is what we had for dinner. It's 7 WW points so you could cut down the serving sizes and still be full with a salad and broccoli (or other fav veggie) on the side. It was delicious :hungry: :eating2: :chef:

Curried Shrimp

2 tsp vegetable oil
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 pound cooked peeled medium shrimp
4 cups hot cooked brown rice

In a large nonstick saucepan, heat the oil. Add the pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add the flour, curry, ginger and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 2 minutes.

Add the shrimp and cook, stirring as needed, until heated through about 3 minutes. Serve the rice, topped with the shrimp mixture.

Makes 4 servings.
395 Calories, 6 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 223 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 53 g total carbs, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein, 86 mg calcium

Not much else new tonight...tv stinks so I think I'll read and head off to bed early...I'm sure the boys will be up early again tomorrow!!

Spryng, enjoy the weekend!!!! Hi to everyone else.

spryng
03-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Geri, I hope you got in bed earlier. What book are you reading? I need to hit the library soon, I miss reading novels. I watched the apprentice, didn't know it was suppose to be a re-cap show. But it was nice because I missed alot of the earlier episodes so now I am caught up. I copied that recipe, sounds very good! and 4 oz of shrimp is alot of shrimp it seems.
Well I got in all my water in today... can't wait until my WI tomorrow. I hope everyone who weighs tomorrow has a good weigh in. I have a good feeling about mine. I've been really good all week.
I guess I'll go surf the WW boards for awhile since it is so quiet around here. TTYL!

mompen
03-19-2004, 12:01 AM
HI Ladies,
Well make this day four for being off plan. I have gained back two pounds this week and am heading in the wrong direction.

I started on plan this morning and was doing great. And then what happens.... My hubby comes home and tells me he quit his job after over 5 years there. Well we have been talking about taking his side job into full time and I guess now is the time! I just pray everything will work out. But I know it is in God's hands.

So needless to say, my eating went down the drain today. Emotional roller coaster.

I am trying to get back on plan but you know how it is when you are down in the dumps......

Well I might try the 1/2 dozen donuts trick............ :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Have a great night,
Penny

spryng
03-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Penny, I hope everything works out for you guys. A big job change is scary. And it's understandable stress hit you and you needed to eat. Maybe you can take baby steps back into the right direction, maybe just try smaller portions and maintain for a week or so and then dive back into losing weight. I know life for you will be upset for awhile while your Dh tries to get back on his feet with his side job becoming his primary job. If you ever need to call to just talk or anything you have my number. Those two lbs will come off in no time, just don't let them turn into 4 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs, etc. It seems to be so difficult to get one lb off and it takes 20 minutes of mindless eating to pack on 5, can be frustrating, but hang in there!! We are here for you! And so glad you posted with us, we were missing you!!
Well, I'm finally starting to feel tired, my nap was late this afternoon, I didn't get up until almost 6 pm so it threw my nighttime schedule off. But now I'm starting to feel tired, so I am off to bed. I don't know how much I will post once DH is here but I will try to get one in everyday. TTYL!

mompen
03-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the concern :)
I went to sleep at 11:45 last night and now I wake up :coffee: at 4am this morning :hyper:

My four year old started vomiting! :cry: :eek:
Well you know he come into my room, so my new curourdy comforter is in the wash.

So here I am!

I am getting hubby's bookwork caught up. (almost finished)
And I am going to do my pilates tape. Maybe it will relieve some stress!

Candy,
Hope you are doing much better with your ear! Sounds like it has been a neverending battle!

Spryng,
I am so glad you are getting your tan on ;) I know you deserve it!!!!!

Geri,
Keep up the great work with the weight loss! You are doing awesome!

Melinda,
How are you doing? Is JW crawling all over the place???

Ginny, needtolosemore Hope everything is well with you!

I will check back in later :)
Have a great Friday!

candybar74
03-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey all! Melinda, that was so sweet of you to offer to help with the kids. Normally my mom or MIL would have watched them but they are out in Hollywood/Ravenel and I just wasn't up to taking them out there and having to go back out and pick them up. Once I am living out there my life will be sooooo much easier!!! It would be nice to meet up for lunch one day though!!!

Spryng, good thing you didn't get your hopes up! I have learned that with my DH too. Hope you all have a great weekend!!! With him working on the house, are you guys still going to make it over to MIL's?

Geri, dinner sounded yummy!!! What's up with ER?!? I watched the home makeover show and the extreme makeover people show last night. I like the way they do the extreme makeover show. Instead of rerunning the whole show, they'll have 1 of the 3 makeovers be a rerun so you don't mind watching 1/3 of a rerun when the other 2 are new. Anyhows, hope you got some sleep last night! How did the boys do? How's Tony doing with sleeping through the night?

Penny, so glad to hear from you!!! When your off plan, sometimes it is hard to get motivated to write on the board but that is the best thing you can do! I hope everything works out with dh and his job! Was his job just too stressful? Is his sidework along the same lines? We've been self-employed before so I know how stressful that can be but it also has it's advantages. Hope you can get on plan soon. I agree with Spryng, just take it slow and try not to do too much damage! Feel free to vent whenever you need to.

Well, WI this morning...I was not looking forward to it as I have not been exercising but I am down to 144!!!! Yeah. I guess a big part of the gain last week was TOM. He came on Sunday. Anyhows, that makes exactly 20lbs that I have lost! Only 14 to go. Well, I'm gonna try and get my house straightened a little today and get some work done. Hi, Ginny, where are you, we are really missing you!!! Hi Ricci and Andrea and anyone else lurking out there!!!! TTYL!!!

mompen
03-19-2004, 08:56 AM
OMG YAHH! CANDY !!!!!!!!!!!
That is wonderful!!!!!!!!

Congrats Congrats!!! :bravo: :bravo:

spryng
03-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh My GOD!!!! Oh My God!!!!!! Guess what?!!! I just weighed in and it said 130.5!!!! I can't believe it!! That is a 4 lb loss this week!!! How did that happen, I only exercised once! But I was OP all week. :) :cb: I am doing the happy dance for sure!!!! Does this mean I hit my goal weight or do I still have to get off that .5 before I can say I hit my goal?? I can't remember the last time I weighed this much!! I am so thrilled right now!! 130.5!!!!

Well I am going to get off of here so I can write it down and then clean my kitchen, I may be gone most of the day. TTYL!!

mompen
03-19-2004, 10:27 AM
SPRYNG,

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
:cb: :cb: :cb:
:dance: :dance: :dance:
:flame: :flame: :flame:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
:cp: :cp: :cp:
:flow1: :flow1: :flow1:
:yes: :yes: :yes:
:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

candybar74
03-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks Penny!!!

WAY TO GO SPRYNG!!! Maybe we have found the secret...exercise 2 weeks no exercise 1 week...lose 4 pounds!!! I may keep trying that!

Chubba
03-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Good morning ladies :wave:

Candy, Spring :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :balloons: :encore:

Congrats to both of you!! Spryng...you can say you're at goal I think!! :D

Now, about the exercise :nono: You know that you need to be consistant in your exercising ladies!! Keep up the good work.

Spryng, I used the medium size frozen shrimp (31-40 per pound). I put 36 in the recipe so I got to eat 9 of them. We also used hot curry powder so it was not only flavorful, but spicy too. It is very easy to prepare also. I will definately make it again.

Penny, so sorry things are a little rough for you right now. :grouphug: Did you get your pilates done this morning?? Hopefully that will relieve some of the stress for you. I can imagine how scary it is to have Dh quit his job. What is his side business? Hope your little one is feeling better...and better the comforter than the carpeting right? Glad you posted and let us know what's going on...this isn't just a weight loss support group ;)

Ginny and Ricci, I know you're probably just busy, but where the heck are ya?

Good morning Melinda...did you get to the gym this am? Can't wait to hear about your outing last night.

I did my 3 mile walk this morning. Only had to pause it about 3 times ... once to go to the bathroom (too much liquid this am already :o ) and twice to pick up Tony because either Will pushed him or he fell (sigh)! But I did get it done.

We will go grocery shopping this afternoon so I may not make it to the chat room today. We shall see what time I get home.

Spryng..like I really have to say this...enjoy your weekend with Dh and I hope he doesn't back out of the project :D .

Hi to everyone else!! Have a great OP day (or at least a great day ;) )

ECmom
03-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Morning!!!!!!!
Sorry for being MIA- this week has been insane. School has been on delayed opening all week due to snow- Dd went for her VCUG yesterday.......thank the Lord, today is a total snow day (I could kiss my boss for cancelling school!!!!!) I needed a day of sanity.
Congrats to Candy and Spryng, you big losers!!!!!! That is so awesome- and I am so happy for both of you.
Penny- sounds like you are in for some big changes.......hang in there
Geri- I copied that shrimp recipe, sounds great! Thanks for posting it.
Melinda, Andrea, Jackie (where are you hiding?) and anyone else I missed- HI!
Dd's test was ok- she was an angel thru it (had to be catherized, a generally nasty test) and unfortunately, she still has reflux. We go back to the Dr in a month to evalyate and see what is next. Dh wants her off antibiotic (she has been on a low dose for 7 years), but the next step if she comes off antibiotic is surgery. Don't know how good I feel about that. Gotta go clean this messy house- Ds's bday party is tomorrow and then inlaws are coming over (complete with SIL and her family) to celebrate (????????huh?) MIL and FIL 60 year anniversary of feuding........you did not really hear me say that now did you????
Gotta go- have a great day. BTW- thankfully, TOM finally showed up this am. I night feel human by tomorrow.
Ginny

ECmom
03-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Gonna start a new thread. See ya there.
Ginny