Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #59

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #59

gma22
03-17-2004, 08:42 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #59

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
03-17-2004, 08:47 AM
FAITH AND BEGORA IT IS WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. How can we help you with a problem?

Ok, ok, enough of the hokey Irish stuff. I am not even a teeny weeny bit Irish. Lots of German no Irish! :lol:

Anna: You have NOT ruined it for all of us. If you do not follow a regular plan and basically just do the 2 pts all the time than if you are behaving yourself that is all that is important, right?

I will check in with all you other sleepyheads later!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
03-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Morning beautifuls!

Woke up this morning to a blizzard! Well, ok, it's not really a blizzard.....we're only supposed to get 2 inches. But yesterday I could see the lawn !!! :( So, even though the school's are not cancelled, I decided to keep the kids home anyway. We haven't had a single snow day this winter! And I think we all deserve a break.

Anyway, once again the water eludes me. 3 points for yesterday. I did drink water, just got so caught up in the billions of projects I have to do NOW that I forgot to keep drinking. I'll get it in there today, though, promise. Don't want to kill the mission for the week. Just have to get the next 5 days in a row.

Carrie, I want to know what you're doing for your program....you have been losing really steadily all along and as far as I can tell, you haven't hit any major plateaus. I think you said you were doing WW?? I'm getting really frustrated at losing 3-5 pounds and then sticking at that number for WEEKS! I just want to keep seeing progress. I've found that I don't have the time for BFL properly right now. I'm still exercising before I eat in the morning....and still doing some weights. But I've got a MAJOR dance production that I'm in charge of coming up May 15th. So, I'm swamped with costuming, choreography and rehearsals.

Speaking of which, better get back to work!

Faye, I'll keep my mouth shut today. Susan, have fun on your mystery trip!

Julie

Satine
03-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Top of the Morning to Ya

Hello Everyone, Happy St Patricks Day! I would put the Patty's day smiley in but mine are not working for some reason...so anyhow, enjoy it and have a great day...I was supposed to wear green to work and I have nothing, really no green, I found that odd, but I am not real fond of the color except at Christmas...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise to cold and windy out, highs in the upper 30's...BUT that is no excuse I have exercise DVDs I could have done, so I was just lazy, ha...I do not have really any Weds Woes except that I am going to get my TOM today or tomorrow ( so probably will not be weighing in on Friday, huh? ) ... and you know that is WOE enough...

Julie - Yes, I follow the WW points system, not the new flex points but the old winning points system...I find that it keeps me eating just the right amount of food to lose weight, I have a tendency to under eat when I am dieting and then I dont lose as well. I also never cheat, not even on the weekends...I think I have cheated once in the last month and a half...so I think that has a lot to do with it, I would highly recommend the program and I just do it from home I no longer go to the meetings. You can actually sign up on line, pay the initial fee, and they will send you the things you need to do it from home...let me know if you have any other questions... You exercise alot more than I do so you are probably gaining muscle ( where I am not ) and therefore not seeing a huge loss....I think you are doing a great job...

Faye, Susan, Anna, Joy, Amanda, Judy, and everyone else, have a good one

Later,

gma22
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Carri: Mine quit working yesterday so I guess we only got to see him for one day! You are doing a great job, but do those tapes today or something to give your body some exercise. :workout: :workout: :workout: for you today!

Julie, Julie, Julie: Girlfriend, the easiest of the three and you pooped out! Ok, now I want to see this today: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (and not filled with coffee either! :lol:)

Amanda: How is Nigel's mom?
Sandy G How is your mom if you peek in let me know by e-mail if you can

I heard the eastcoast was getting dumped on and sounds like you, Carri, got it too, did you say you live towards Evansville or at least south of Indy? Saw also they got that Ohio creep shooting at people and have one weapon of his matched to the shooting where the elderly lady died. Thank goodness!

Me, I am sitting hog happy because it is going to be 70 here today.

Ok, I am doing a middle of the week poll for the cowardly thread administrator:

I have a rodent phobia, mostly mice and rats and it is so bad I can't even watch Stuart Little because he looks too REAL! Anyway, I went out in my jammies to put out a piece of mail (our mailbox is on our garage and the garages face the street, in other words you go into the condo from the back). Well, right out in the middle of the street right in my eyesight everytime I go out is a roadkill big huge RAT!!!! My fat little legs whooshed me right back into the house, probably giving the neighbors a view of my tush I went so fast! The poll:

Should I get up my guts and take something and pick it up and put it in the garbage (don't know if I can do this one!)

Should I try and pretend it is not there when going to get the mail? (this one could be hard too!)

Should I take out a paper bag and put over it so I won't see it though I will still know it is there (NOPE NOT EASY EITHER)

So, now everyone get a huge :lol: :lol: over it and tell me which you would do if you were freaked out by the d*#$@ thing!

Faye ;)

Satine
03-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Faye, I am actually just a little north of Indy in Carmel....

Rodent problem...if you leave it there no one may pick it up and it will just rot and decay and you will have to look at it for a long time... I say do what I would do, wait till dh gets home and make him pick it up :lol:

Sandybrat
03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Morning Beautifuls!!! 4 point day yesterday... Started at Curves asnd i LOVE it... worked my A$$ off yesterday...lol am going back today as well... i want o go 5 times a week... that way i can do other stuff on the weekends... We got a puppy yesterday... shes a beagel poodle mix... altho i see no poodle...lol! Shes 4 months old and really sweet. she was realy good alst night too... slept with me all night... no accidents... altho her and the cat are having a time..lol and time is all i can give them to get used to each other... she just wants to be friends... Salem wants NOTHING to do with her...LMAO.. its pretty funny really...
Faye... cant u call the condo association and have them remove it?? Or someone... i wouldnt go near it either...
Julie... when i find i am not getting my h2o in... i try drinking 2 glasses right away in the morning... that way u have a head start... it helps me out immensley...just a thought for u...
Everyone else... i hope all is well with u and yours... have a happy and healthy day... TAKE CARE OF U

Sandy

gma22
03-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Ok, it has gotten worse so now I am MAD! I went out to see if someone has been nice enough to clean it up and another one LIVE came out of my garage and went under the fence. Now I AM calling the association and having them come and set bait or whatever and I am keeping the dog in the house and taking him out the front for walks to go to the bathroom so the stuff won't kill him. This is really making me mad as it is two things, our creepy neighbors and their brat kids throw food onto our deck so I am sure they do it elsewhere and the old ladies that live here feed the nasty birds which draws rats too and they have been told to stop it because it does. I am not waiting though. I am going out tonight and buying like decon for rats or somehthing. I am not cleaning out TRAPS! I am gagging it is so bad for me and as soon as I get off here I am calling and talking to dh at work about this!

Sandy: Good for you! Curves is a great organization to be part of!

Scuzin
03-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's day! (I am in fact very Irish)
4 points for yesterday! I'm so glad I did well considering I was on the road (a big excuse for me). A friend of mine and I ended up driving several hundred miles. We live in the Willamette Valley between the Cascades and the Coastal mountains, well my friend had never been east of the Cascades so we drove across them to the high desert part of the state and ate lunch in Bend, OR. Then swung up north to Portland and had dinner with a friend who's birthday it was. Then back down to Corvallis. It was great. I got to drive...no one in sight...long straight road...huge blue sky...window down and music up ... I was born for road trips :D

Faye - sorry about the problem, I agree...call them right away.
Sandy - glad you like curves!
Have a good day everyone!

gma22
03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Carri :cp:
SandyB :bravo:
Susan :bravo:
Me :bravo:

Woohoo, we are on a roll ladies! You go today and get those 4 pts!

Susan: Sounds like you had a great time. I love to go for drives and Jack hates it. He has to be GOING somewhere! :lol:

Called and had to leave a message, but at least they know there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. If I don't hear anything I will have Jack call when he gets home tonight.

Man, my brain has gone and shriveled up. I came up here to look something up and now I cannot remember. Bummer!

Have a great day ladies!
REMEMBER THE BIG THREE TDAY: :coffee2: :eating2: :workout:

Mirabelly
03-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Ok, WHERE IS EVERYONE????
NO posts since noon YESTERDAY???

Must be all the warm air you gals have down south....better things to do than sit in front of a computer.

Anyway, I finally did get 4 points yesterday. Forced that water down while I was sewing.

Thanks for the info, Carrie.....I'll check out a site about WW winning points. I was hoping to find a way to do it without paying a monthly fee. Paying someone for me to get control of myself just screams "SCAM" in my head!

Well, not much going on here. Somehow we escaped the big 12" snow storm yesterday. Only ended up with a couple of inches and some wind. Guess I'll talk to you all when somebody's awake. :coffee:

Cheers,
Julie

Satine
03-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Morning .... :yawn:

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, got TOM this morning and am not feeling like a happy "cramper" right now... ha :lol:

Wow I cannot believe that Julie even got on here before Faye!! Faye are ya sleepin' in??

Julie - I dont pay any monthly fee, basically I just went to the first meeting, paid for that one, got the stuff I needed, and never went back,,, that is probably not how they want it done but oh well...anyway I think any plan really works if you stick to it, dont cheat, and exercise...I am sure you will find what works best for you... :cool:

Okay I will check in later when everyone is up and about....

gma22
03-18-2004, 09:16 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make sure you make time for you today!!!

Yep, I was late getting around today so had to run Jack to work first!

Julie: Yeah for you and your 4 pter!! Now we have to kick Carri in the behind! :lol:

Now the leprechan comes back!!!!

Later girls, need to finish chores and get to the gym!

Scuzin
03-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Good Morning
2 points - very bad ...VERY bad with food. I'll put in extra time at the gym today.
I'm so tired! I have a final at 7:30 this morning, wish me luck.

Sandybrat
03-18-2004, 10:39 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! had another 4 pointer yesterday... and i lvoe curves... feels so good to work hard and actually like it while i am doing it..lol make sense?? I hope someone has returned your call about the rat problem Faye... i am not a rodent person either... yuck! i ahve alreasdy gottone my butt outside and shoveled snow for a half an hour...lol its so pretty outside... everything is blanketed with the snow and its snowing lightly... as very pretty day. Altho its supposed to get to 40 again today so it willbe a sluchy mess soon enuf...lol happend yesterday as well... oh well.. tis the season! CONGRATS Julie.... good for u! as i sit here i am drinking my 3 large glass of h2o... and after i workout i am always thirsty. Well ladies... did i tell u we got a puppy yesterday? cant remember...lol shes really sweet and adjusting just fine. have a great day ladies... take care of U
Love you all...

Sandy

gma22
03-18-2004, 10:58 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
Carri :cp:
Susan :dancer:

Ok, girlies we need to kick more butt, Carri, Susan let's step up the pace a little and get in your four today. I know it is hard Carri, when you feel crappy, but even a little exercise will help you feel better.

We are going for 100% today ladies: :workout: :eating2: :cheers:

Ok, my stupid way of dealing with the rodent problem until they die off is this: I pull into the garage and beep the heck out of my horn figuring if anything is lurky to eat me it will be scared off! :lol3: Only problem is GETTING INTO the car! :?: I know I am a total dope, but I really do try and it is no use, I am a huge chicken!

Man, was I sore going to the gym this am. I struggled but did my workout. I felt just like this little fellow: :tread: It is rainy here and my old bones have been protesting since last night. The good thing is it is in the 70's today! Spring is coming yipppeeee!

Have a good day ladies and remember your point count today! HUGS TO YOU! :grouphug:

Faye :) Man than smiley really must be a leprecaun as he sure does disappear fast!

Satine
03-18-2004, 12:53 PM
I appreciate the push Faye but I got a mighty flow going on if you know what I mean :lol: plus the bad cramps, I would say it might be out for today....but ya never know ;)

gma22
03-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Carri: take care of yourself first and let the other go until you feel better than!

Man, what a week for me! I went and got a sandwich came out of the place and had a nail in my tire and Firestone charged me $25 to plug it! Isn't that awful!

Just wanted to peek in.

Faye ;)

cat90
03-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I've been lacking in the exercise department this week due to this darn foot of mine but today i was determined and hobbled 2mls :stress: and i wish i had'nt done now because i'm paying for it :shrug: :(

Gosh Faye, that is a lot just to fix a tire :( its not so bad here because the place we go to fixes them for free as long as you bought the tires from him :D but i did'nt on this car :lol: i bought them in Texas! I'll have to change them again so i can get free service :lol:

berrygirl
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi Everybody!
Checking in. It is soooo very slow at work today (real estate). It is spring break here so everybody is out playing, not buying homes. Even our agents are out playing, but I am stuck as the secretary manning the office just in case that million dollar client walks in!!

I am having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Got the food back down, but the water and exercise are tougher. I am drinking more water, less soda, but my ankles are swelling again. When I stopped with all the water, my ankles and feet went back to normal--no swelling at all. Isn't that kind of backwards?? I need to drink water, but the swelling is so blasted bad and uncomfortable, and it is not that TOM either.

Ed and I went for a walk after dinner last night. That was rather nice, maybe not as aerobic as it should be---we did stop for a kiss or two!! But it is a start...
Talk to ya'll later,
Judy

gma22
03-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Just wanted to update you on the situation with Sandy/Gigglez. Let's see, her mom went into the hospital and they thought she was going to have to have her leg amputated, but she told me today that they were able to save her leg. She is home now, on intravenous antibiotics, which Sandy has had to learn to do for her mom for a week. She said she will check in when she can, but please keep her family in your prayers, especially her mom!

Thanks and see you in the morning!

Faye

gma22
03-19-2004, 07:43 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How did you do girls?

check in later

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
03-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Good morning lovelies!

Well, yesterday bit hard in the food dept. I did get my water and exercise, though. I went out to buy a digital scale (cuz the old one would fluctuate over 10 pounds when you stepped off and stepped on again.) Went to Linens N. Things, found the scale, then ended up spending 2 hours redecorating my whole bedroom! :lol: :lol: DH has had a hard time coming up with an idea for an anniversary present (will be 12 years on Sunday.....yay, us!) so I called him and said I wanted a new comforter. It was one I had my eye on since Christmas and was like, $300!! :eek: he said to knock myself out! So I did........I have a gorgeous 4 poster bed with iron scrollwork connecting the posts like a canopy. I have always wanted curtains for the bed, but never got around to making them. So I bought a blood red velvet duvet (cover for a feather comforter), a king size comforter, and matching red velvet and gold brocade curtains with bead fringe as tiebacks. Oh and really soft gold sheets. The room is just GORGEOUS!!! Now all I need is an oriental style carpet to replace the braided rug that's in there now...some new window curtains.....and a new wallpaper border and it'll look like a castle! At least for that one room. Hmmm, maybe I'll take a picture and show you all. The bed is sooo luxurious now. I just want to roll around on it all the time :wink:

Anyhow, so by the time I did all that my son was starving......so I took him to a burger joint and we ended up eating fried food. So, no op points yesterday. On the other hand, now that I have a pretty new scale and a pretty new bedroom, I really want to get the rest of this weight off. I did manage to lose the couple of pounds I'd gained over the past couple of weeks, though. SO I'm back down to 212..........

Well, gotta fly....kids need to get to school.

Everyone have a :strong: day!
Julie

Satine
03-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Well I can hardly believe that I have a loss to report on my TOM, but I do !!!!
**** 1.5 pounds down **** ( my smileys are not working, again ) ... I imagine it might be a little more of a loss once I am over TOM .... I am now only 7.5 well I guess it would be 8.5 to be under 200!!! I am so excited...even as I cramp and bloat, ha ha

I am so glad today is Friday...I so need to sleep in tomorrow and relax...

I will keep Gigglez mom in my prayers...

Everyone have a great day!!

oh and p.s. only 3 points yesterday ....

Satine
03-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Julie - that sounds like my dream bedroom, I love, love red.....

gma22
03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
LBS DOWN SO FAR:

Carri 1.5
Faye 8 (I know it is unbelievable but I weighed myself 3 times!)
TOTAL SO FAR 9.5 this week :goodscale

Let me hear from the rest of you on lbs down!

Julie: Your duvet doesn't have velvet covered buttons on it does it? If so, that is the exact one I want for my bed. I saw mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. My room is gray and dark red with one wall striped gray and red so I have been waiting until I buy a king mattress to get the bed coverings but I told Jack that after vacation we are going to be working on this house. Only thing is, we want to go on a cruise and I am making the $700 deposit when I come back. That is going to be our vacation for next year though we are booking for Jan 2006. Oh well, maybe a job will jump up and hit me in the face!

Carri: Hope you are feeling a little better today.

Have a great day ladies!

Satine
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Faye !!! 8 pounds off !!!! Wow !!!
" Great Job " :cheer:

Thanks for the well wishes, you know how it is, I will be okay tomorrow :)

jloo1957
03-19-2004, 01:03 PM
HEY EVERYONE.....DOWN 11LBS SINCE MARCH 1ST WHEN i LAST WEIGHED!!!!!!!YES...i WEIGHED YESTERDAY AND THIS MORNING...SO IT WAS THE SAME...ALTHOUGH SOME MAY BE CONTRIBUTED TO THE STOMACH VIRUS...as we have been down with till Wed....thursday we felt much better...my hubby and I were the last to get...gosh ,am I glad were done with that...Thursday we went to Westville,Ga on a field trip with my 8 year old son's tag class...it is a city dated back to the 1850's...we had a blast...partially due to the fact we felt so much better...we went on a mule and buggy ride,the teacher actually conducted class when we got there,and she did it like they did in the 1850's...slate and slate pencil..they had to recite poetry,they did a play and had to do math on the slates,and then they ended it with a spelling bee...then we had a nice lunch that we all had packed,tour the town,got to have old fashioned lemonade and gingerbread...what a nice time we had ,we got to visit the merchantile and buy some goodies before we left...his class has been studying the time of the 1850's and what a way to enhance it...I have been doing very well on my exercise the days that i wasn't sick and real well on eating,and as far as water,i drink it all the time...I will be wearing those black jeans when we leave...well I am off to get some things done...later ladies....Joy

cat90
03-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Judy, I was reading something about water retention yesterday and i just found it to post for you here it is : Cut down on salty foods, including prepared SALAD DRESSINGS :?: cereals, soups and fast foods. Walk, bicycle or do other aerobic activities to help pump out fluids that can pool in your legs and ankles. Drink parsley tea, available in health food stores and take up to 250mg of Vitamin B6 daily. :) I hope there is something here to help you :D

Julie, YES please post a photo ;) the room sounds absolutely lovely.

Congrats Faye and Carri on the losses :cp:

Joy, down 11lbs :bravo: Well Done!

Being a couch potato is having an adverse effect on my weightloss efforts :( but i won't bore you with the details :rolleyes: I'll just concentrate on healing my foot then i can get back OP :wave:

Amanda Panda
03-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi all!

Not been around for the past few days - things are just so stressful here.

Nigel's mum is stable at the moment, but apparantly on Monday they didn't think that she'd make it through the night......but the hospital didn't phone us to let us know, so we only found out from someone else who visited her, and that was a day or so later. We went to visit her on wednesday and she seemed quite bright - but the doctor said she is still critically ill .

It is all just so stressful as Nigel is ill anyway and finding it difficult to cope - the whole thing is made worse because his mum and sister have ongoing mental health problems,and poor Nigel bears the brunt of it all.

It is taking it's toll on both of us - needless to say, my diet has gone out of the window! I'm going to try to get back into it tomorrow.

I think I am going to stop attending my weightwatchers classes and just follow the diet at home. The thing is, I am NOT enjoying the classes at all - I remember Cat telling me that they could be 'cliquey', and unfortunately that is what I have found. The class is dominated by a group of very dominant pensioners who talk amongst themselves for the whole meeting, so I can't concentrate on what the leader is saying. I usually come out feeling really fed up - but i don't want to spent £4.75 just to get weighed! I'm happy with the actual WW diet, and feel it is something I can stick to, so i will carry on at home. I'm thinking of asking one of the girls at the gym to weigh me once a week, so i still have the discipline of being weighed by someone else. :coach:

Anyway - enough of me!

Well done Faye, Carri and Joy on your great weight losses! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Might not be here everyday at the moment, but I will check in as often as I can!

Love u guys!

amanda xxx

gma22
03-20-2004, 09:06 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday!

Amanda: We will keep praying for Nigel and his family and YOU GIRL, please please stick with it even doing it from home! I know right now things are jumbled up, but don't give up!

Later ladies, Jack and I are headed to the gym!

Mirabelly
03-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Good morning ladies! Wow, it's been a long time since I was able to post on a Sat. morning. I got 4 points yesterday, and I weighed this morning and I'm down 2 pounds! It's the first time I've seen the 210 number since I don't know when :cheer: I'm 5 measley pounds from being halfway to my goal,too!!

I figured something out yesterday when my dd asked how come we never have frozen grapes in the freezer anymore. Well, I stopped buying them around Thanksgiving because there was no room in the freezer.......well, LIGHTBULB! that's exactly when I started having a hard time with losing the consistent 1-2 pounds a week. Now, it could have been because I was eating holiday foods. But that doesn't explain the past 2 months of frustrating stalls. So, I bought some yesterday and put them in the freezer and then watched myself grab a couple everytime I wanted to "nibble" on a little something. I probably saved myself like 500 calories AT LEAST, just by having that yummy snack waiting for me right when I needed it.

I bet that would work with lots of other treats too, like single serving SF/FF jello and stuff like that. The thing with grapes is that when they're frozen, just one or two feels like a mouthful and they take a while to eat so you can't just unconsciously shovel them in. I think I end up eating 3 or 4 and that has satisfied whatever urge I had to reach for sweets. So, 4 grapes is what? 10 calories?? When I don't have the grapes, I can easily consume a couple of hundred trying to satisfy the same urge.

So, what do you gals keep around for "emergency" snacks?? I need some ideas........

Faye---YOU LOST 8 POUNDS??!!!! That is so AWESOME! YOU GO GIRL :cheer : :cheer: :cheer: And no, the duvet doesn't have buttons, it has a zipper. But I just love it. It is so warm.

CARRIE AND JOY-- WOO HOO For YOU :cb: :cb: You're doing great work ladies, keep it up!

AMANDA--whatever you do, don't give up. And believe it or not, exercise is going to keep you sane during all this stress. I had a friend who had to spend a long time watching his father slowly pass away (I think it was a whole year). The only time he had to himself was 1 hour a day, and he went to a nearby gym and worked out. He was doing it strictly for stress relief, it was the ONLY way he could cope the next day. But when it was all over, he had lost nearly 80 pounds! And he didn't even realize it.......you'd think he would have noticed when his pants fell down around his ankles :lol: but he was pretty distracted. Anyway, make sure you make time for you to take care of yourself....take a walk in the sunshine. You'll be a much bigger help to Nigel and his mom if you are feeling good. We're here for you whenever you need to talk, too....:grouphug:

Everyone else, hope you're having a great weekend!

Until Soon,
Julie

gma22
03-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Julie: WOWOWOWOWOWOW, almost halfway to goal that is terrific and :cb: on the lbs down too. (oh, I meant buttons on the actual duvet cover as decoration :lol: )

I have something to say about what Julie said to Amanda about her friend. For most of the people in this world who are honest with themselves, exercise is truly an ugly ugly word. One of the reasons this country is obese is that that our work now involves sitting on our butts for 8 hours instead of working the fields or in factories. Our parents didn't NEED extra exercise because they got it in their everyday life. For us, is imperative that we get exercise. I cannot stress enough how exercise has changed my life even more than the eating. Julie is dead on about it relieving stress. Think about it, can you possibly walk or run on a treadmill or lift weights or whatever and be able to be freaking out about something? I have to totally concentrate on what I am doing or....... :tread: would happen :( ! I sometimes go 2 times a day so Jack goes, but for the most part, I only do it once a day and for 25 minutes total. Now you have been told for it to work, you need 60 minutes BUT that is NOT necessarily true. A lot of factors play into it, your size, how hard you exercise etc. I do not NEED to do an hour for it to be beneficial to me right now. I work hard for the 25 minutes I am on the treadmill and I am seeing big results! (I lost another 2 lbs since yesterday and weighed myself 4 times just to make sure!) With that being said, I hope that those of you who don't seem to be able to find the time to do anything, will seriously reconsider, find something you enjoy and do it with gusto!

Well, sitting here jawing with you ladies is NOT getting my work done so I need to go!

cat90
03-20-2004, 02:19 PM

I totally agree Faye ;) in fact they say just a 30min walk is beneficial to your health :) you don't need to be jumping around like a rabid monkey :lol: i must admit i'm really missing my treadmill :cry: and can't wait for my foot to get better so i can get back to it.

Amanda, Sorry you are not enjoying the classes :( i'd put the 4.75 in a jar every week and save it to buy yourself a nice new outfit (in a smaller size ;) ) instead of going to the meeting..i felt exactly the same at the one i went to :dunno: and i went on to lose the weight on my own anyway :) I hope Nigel feels better soon, what a rotten time you are having at the moment :grouphug: but it will get better.

gma22
03-20-2004, 04:16 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

I made this weeks challenge of 5-4 points days! Going for 6 out of 7 this week! Hope you all did just as well. Shout out how you did this week!

Went Wallie's and picked up Thomas a playstation game called TY the tazmanian something or other. This boy CAN play a video game. He is not even 4 and he has WON both the Tony Hawk's skateboard game AND I think it is the Spiderman game. I also got him some Spidy jammies and 2 Mercer Mayer books, which I bought for my kids because I loved them so much. That is his Easter stuff because Mom doesn't want him to have a lot of candy and the other grandma doesn't listen to her so I have to or I catch :devil: !

I put in a batch of sourdough into my bread machine and I am going down and watch a couple movies I got in from Netflix today. Don't know how good or stupid they are! :lol:

For those of you that are freezing today, it is 83 degrees here today BUT the bottom falls out tonight and it is supposed to possibly freeze tonight and be low 50's tomorrow! Our tulip and dogwood trees have already bloomed as well as the daffodils, jonquils and such being in bloom so there they go I guess!

Have a great Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

OH and CAT: I keep forgetting to tell you I hope the ole foot gets back to normal real soon! Nothing like a bad appendage to mess us up!

Scuzin
03-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Hello all
I'm currently at my parent's house for spring break....so you might have to count me out untill further notice.
I hope everyone is doing great

gma22
03-21-2004, 08:14 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is our poll this week:

What are your favorite tv programs this year?

Good morning ladies. Whoo did we have a storm last night! Blew out power from 6 pm until around 11 pm. I told you it was 83 here so it was hot in the house and the rain was so hard and coming in the door and windows you couldn't keep them open. I told Jack it was a good thing we got along as you could do nothing but sit and talk to each other! Of course, he has a laptop so he could play games for a little while, but the battery in those things don't last very long. We just lighted candles all over the house and sat and talked about our trip. OOOHH BIG SURPRISE, huh? :lol: :lol: The house really smelled nice when Jack finally gave up waiting for the power to come back on, blew out the candles and came to bed.

As for the poll, I kind of have a theme thing going on here I think, my favorites are NYPD Blue, CSI and CSI Miami, Law and Order (all of them), NCIS, and I love LAS VEGAS. That is probably my favorite of new shows for the year. It is a cute show and I think James Caan plays a great gruff old boss! Wonder if I can look him up when I am there? :^: :lol: (hey, there are probably people that think he really is in Vegas running a casino!)

Have a good day ladies.

Mirabelly
03-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Good Morning everyone.
Well, everything is white again. We have about 3" of new snow from last night and it's still going strong. Happy first day of SPRING :lol: :lol: Nah, really that's just how it is up here. You get these freak snows all through the spring....it'll be gone again in a day or two. It sure can get you down, though, when you're READY for spring (which I am!)

Yesterday was our anniversary dinner......so only 2 points for water and exercise yesterday. I just wasn't up for the challenge this week, I guess. Too many spontaneous things happening to mess me up. When I plan, I'm good.......when I don't, well........ SO, starting today I'm back to planning and being mindful. I'm going to be 100% of 4 point days this week!!!!

As for that exercise for 60 minutes a day for results......that is total CRAP! All I got for my 60 minutes a day was a sprained knee, shin splints, and a bad back. 20-30 minutes of sustained, honest, hard work is much better. Now, I do exercise for 90 minutes at a time in dance class.....but my body is so used to that after 20 years that it no longer even registers as exercise. It's just routine. I would LOVE to get to a point where I could actually run or bike for 60 minutes. But right now, that just ends up hurting me in the long run. DH went for a 3 hour walk in the woods yesterday, just a walk, and he can barely stand up cuz his back hurts so badly. He doesn't even remember anything he did to injure it......though it's tough when you break through layers of ice every few steps and you're navigating over tree stumps and roots and fallen branches, etc. (He walks in the woods behind our house)

So, work hard.....but work smart! It does no good to work out like crazy one day and then have to nurse a sore knee the rest of the week.

Silly poll......hmm, we don't get any local channels, just the satellite crap. Right now my favorites are Time Team (an English archaeology show), Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (they are SO funny!), Most Extreme Elimination (a bizarre Japanese game show that a bunch of Americans use voice-overs to make fun of.....it's really funny, and painful at the same time. Kinda like Americas Funniest Videos...why is it so funny to see people get hurt??) Oh, and there's a new comedy out called Significant Others that is pretty amusing too. Not much into dramas, life is full of enough drama. Can't stand violence. I've also started watching the Food channel fairly often. Rachel Ray's 30-minute meals is a good show for people who don't have alot of time to cook. She is fairly obnoxious with her mannerisms, but her recipes are great and easy and she often does low fat or low carb meals too.

Ok, I've rambled enough. Gotta get on with the day.

Susan, hope you're having a great spring break.

Amanda, go take a walk in that amazing English sunshine, take a drive in the countryside, pet a sheep for me (I miss my sheepies. THis is the first spring in 6 years I haven't had little lambies popping out all over).....I'd do almost anything to be where you are right now! (In England, that is, not in your personal situation)

Until Soon,
Julie

mscat816
03-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks to gma2one I believe I may have found a new home. I see you already have a "Cat" so to avoid confusion you can refer to me as mscat or by my email address which is mscathywac (cathy with a c). As the thread mistress, gma, please let me know which one you and Cat think would be least confusing. Cat, it is soooo cool to meet another cool Cathy who spells her name "With A C!" :D

I like your daily focus. I was part of the week-at-a-time group until they disappeared before the crash. And I am in the middle of a 21-day challenge (can't seem to get into regular posts with that group anymore :( ).

But starting today I would like to be counted in your point system for meeting my goals and challenges. Still trying to figure out how to track them so you may have to help me get into the rhythm.

In the meantime, a little about me: Had a dynamite body all through high school and college (lowest weight 120 - highest 135). I even worked my way through college as a belly dancer. Gained 70 lbs. with first baby. Started to lose it and then metabolism changed (?), started creepin up and weighed 190 by second baby 8 years later. Only gained 30lbs with that one, but continued to creep after her birth. Highest weight has been a recent 238! :?:

Hundreds of attempts at diets, weight loss plans, exercise plans, etc. Have considered gastic bybass, lipo, you name it. I am with medical weight loss for almost a year and have been a yo-yo never getting below 224. I am giving them a 21-day trial following the program closely, drinking the water, working out daily, and eating their expensive nutrients to not much avail thus far. I am hoping this group can keep me focussed so I can determine whether this program actually works for me or not.

Looking forward to a great week. Thanks for welcoming me.

mscat (?)
sw238/cw230/gw140

Mirabelly
03-21-2004, 04:03 PM
YAAAYYY! Another Belly Dancer!! Now I don't have to feel like quite such an aberration :lol:

Welcome MsCat! I, too, worked my way through college as a prof. belly dancer, quit to have kids and gain a ton of weight. Now I teach intermediate/advanced classes twice a week and am technical director of our most amazing company up here in Maine.

THe first step for me getting my life back together was joining a dance class 5 years ago. I was well above the skill level of the teacher, but I didn't care. I craved the female companionship and desperately needed to move my body. It was the best thing I could have done for myself.

Well, speaking of dance.......I'm in the middle of costume sewing ****, so I'd better get back to work! If you want to check out my troupe's website it's www.aaminahdance.com my dance name is Mira

Later all,
Julie

Amanda Panda
03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Friends!

Thank you all for your messages of support - it really helps! Nigel's mum is much the same - very up and down.

I've definately decided to stop the WW classes - but I am definately NOT giving up! I was thinking of doing the official 'WW at home' - but I don't see the point as I've got all the stuff anyway. I'm going to look at doing it on the internet, but if not I will do it by myself and get weighed at my gym. You are all right about the exercise - it really does de-stress me, if only for a few hours! :rollpin: :crazy: :tread: :rollpin: :crazy: :tread:

I'm actually feeling quite motivated diet wise at the moment - I think I have just come to the realisation that if I don't take this seriously then there is a real chance that i won't have children. I think hitting 31 last week has helped me to realise that I really need to lose weight NOW if i want to have children anytime soon. i know people have children when they are 40 or over, but there are increased risks and I relly want to have them soon - I'm feeling very broody! So i want to stop cheating myself out of my chance of motherhood - the longer I stay fat, the further away my chance of motherhood! I'm not explaining it very well - but lets just say that my body clock is tick tick ticking away! :lol: :bb:

Take care

Love Amanda xxx

mscat816
03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I feel at home already - a kindred bellydancing spirit - what a coupe! Checked out the website and registered, Julie. Not from Maine but I would like to just hear about what is going on in your dancing community.

Thanks!
mscat

gma22
03-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Well how grand! I am so happy you joined us mscat. That is what we will call you! I know Julie has to be thrilled someone else knows bellydancing. Some of us (as in me) only know bellydancing from the fact that is what the skin does when you walk! :lol:

mscat: You can do this kiddo, I know you can and we are here to help you. I am affectionately known as the :drill: as I am known for "nicely" keeping you in line and on task! I am enclosing the bio list of the ladies in this group. Some post a lot, others have quit posting, some just wander in and out. I am including bios only on those that post often or occasionally to keep you from getting confused. Please pm me and send me a bio to include for you!

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married April 10, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise everyday if I can and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

JUDY: I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day.

Hello, my name is Susan and I'm an english major/theater minor at Oregon State University. I plan on being and english teacher someday. I decided in July '03 once and for all that I didn't want to spend my entire life overweight. So off it goes!

My alma mater is getting their behinds beat ON TV by Oklahoma State in the NCAA basketball tournament right now. I am not a fan of basketball and was reading, but got bored with that so decided I would come up here and check and see if anything is going on.

I took a day off my program and had a good old fashioned hamburger today. Haven't had one in a long time. I did, however, make them at home so I used as low a fat ingredients as possible, but still went over my fat for the day, but that is ok because I AM IN CONTROL!

I had to go out to Walmart's and buy tidy whities today to take with me to Vegas. I bought all those clothes because I checked weather temps for this time of year in Vegas and decided I could wear sweaters and pants and of course it is in the upper 80's and 90's there so I am taking 3 pair of my shorts, two of which are white/cream. All my new undies are colored except one pair so had to buy more and had to go with plain ole cotton! How boring now that I can wear something else! :lol: Sheesh, try and update your wardrobe and see what you get?

Well, ladies, I will check back later. Hope you all are having a nice quiet Sunday afternoon!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE MISSING AND HAVE BEEN FOR AWHILE, WE JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE MISS YOU AND HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COME BACK AND JOIN US AGAIN SOON:
Lisa, Beth, Amanda456, Pam, Donna, Debbie, Dorothy, Anna, Kim .

I am going to check with the other Lisa and see how she is doing. I am hoping her pregnancy is coming along well!

Faye ;)

gma22
03-21-2004, 09:34 PM
I e-mailed all those who have not been here in a long time and this is th reply I received from Donna, who asked that I post it here:

Faye, I glad you took time to email me, I have just been really busy and not doing well at all with diet.
My son's baby was born on march 12, 3 weeks early, all is really good with them and my first grandchild "Laken Elizabeth" is just beautiful!!! They live in Kansas, 3 1/2 hours from here. so the last two weekends I have been in Kansas and the two weekends before that we bought fifth wheel, and we traded our pick-up for a bigger one that will pull both the trailer and our boat, I will be going back to Kansas next weekend, then i will have a free weekend and then going campimg from april 15 thru 24 , then back to kansas, I hope i will get back OP , all the ladies in our little support group have been very supportive, and i hope that i will some try to get back with the group, until Thanks for thinking of been, keep me in your prayers, that I will get back on track. IN the meantime good luck to you all and thanks for being there went I need evevryone.
Faye , if you could copy and paste this into our boards , I would apprecate it,
Again, thanks and hopefully I will get back to posting soon.
Donna [ newme4me]

Donna

IN GOD WE TRUST

gma22
03-22-2004, 07:16 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and we continue with March MADNESS month. Let's work hard this week to really dig in our heels and get those 4 pters! I am counting on you ladies to work your program!

GOOD MORNING! It is 5:11 am and I am up and rearing to go! I am getting ready to do mornng chores, take Jack to work and head to the gym. I took yesterday off from the gym and feel refreshed and ready to tackle it again this week. Let's have a really good week of 4 point days! Remember, your behind not shrinking, your cholesterol sky high, you diabetes out of control, leg swelling and the like only hurts you, not me or other posters! Let's work to make our bodies healthy and the side benefit will be a more beautiful outside.

I will check in after I get back from the gym this morning. Until then......

Mirabelly
03-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Morning Lovelies!

O points for yesterday :eek: :eek: It just ended up being one of those bad bad days.........I planned to do stuff, and ended up not.

Today, I already have my exercise in.....starting on water. Have dance class tonight, so I'll get some extra sweat in.

Ok, well...gotta fly. I'll check back later.
Julie

jloo1957
03-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Good morning Ladies...Faye is right...let's have a terriffic week,a 4 pointer everyday...all is well with me ...I stay so busy on the weekends that I fail to post like I should,but overall I had a great weekend..it is going to be 61 for the high today,a bit cooler than the last few days,but yet still another beautiful day...well I am off to get it in gear..all take care today and have a super motivated day...Joy ;) :D :cool: :dizzy: :)

Satine
03-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi, hope you all had a good weekend, I know I did, I wish I was still having it!!! :lol: Oh well only 5 more days till another one ...

I had two 3 pointer days, I usually dont exercise on the weekends...I know, bad, bad ... I was just thinking to myself and I have had 22 straight days of being OP, and I am sooooooooooo proud of myself for that, normally I always find an excuse to cheat but I have not been doing that...I am truly motivated by seeing that scale go down and down every week...it is great!!!! :D

Amanda - Dont worry about not going to the meetings anymore, I do WW totally by myself at home and I just keep losing, as long as you stay OP you will be fine...tons, I mean tons of people do it at home w/o meetings...you dont have to do it online either, I dont...you already have the materials...let me know if you need any help...

Faye, Julie, Joy, Cat, Susan, and everyone else, have a great morning, check in later...

gma22
03-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Sounds like everyone is motivated! Let's keep that energy up today and follow through with everything!. Remember, there is still SHOPPING to do for one of you May 1 so let's get those lbs off!

Mscat: Just wanted to let you know that you will be eligible for the next challenge gift, which starts May 1. All weights need to be e-mailed or pm'd to me on April 30th. All I will need from you on that date is how much you weigh as of April 30th. The contest runs for the next 4 months and we take turns purchasing the $30 Visa gift card (that way you can BUY what you want!) I am contributing the first card and Julie said she would get the next one.

LADIES: IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PEEK AT HOW YOU ARE DOING AND DON'T REMEMBER WHAT YOUR STARTING WEIGHT WAS FOR THE 1ST QUARTER CHALLENGE, E-MAIL OR PM ME AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU!

I am having a great day, went to the gym and did my workout, went to the store and bought fruit and chinese veggies for lunch (ladies, this is a great very very low fat lunch if you like chinese food. I just warm them up and add low sodium soy sauce.) I am having ff yogurt for breakfast because of the hamburger and cheese yesterday.

My official weigh in day is Monday because the tracking sheets I use run Monday to Monday and I had a total 11 lbs loss last week. I am totally jazzed and am looking forward to continuing with my progress be it 1lb or whatever as long as I am moving forward in some way. I am also down another 1% body fat from February. It is horrifying to get a BFI of 53 knowing that means 1/2 of you is FAT! I am now down to 45%. Actually, I don't know what I was January of 2003. This has been since January of this year that I have had my BFI information. My pulse rate has dropped about 10 pts and my blood pressure is coming into a good line now too. All in all, I am very very pleased with my health prospects now.

Did you read where the maker of the PowerBar dropped dead of a heart attack at a post office I think Friday or Saturday? This man was #3 in the country for marathon runners in 1997. His wife is a nutritionist so he must have had some problem unknown to him. He was only early 50's and has 5 children!

Take care of yourself girls and watch those lbs come off!

mscat816
03-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Morning! I had a 2 pointer Sunday - 20 min. treadmill workout and 100 oz of water - but blew it on following my program. Gonna have to make that part of the this weeks challenge - at least 5 days. However, I already mindlessly had jelly beans when I passed our receptionist's desk. Damn that candy jar! :(

As a result of straying yesterday - I am up again. I don't even want to weigh in at MWL :o . I think I want to quit - I don't feel their program is working for me - I believe my body type requires more protein than they allow. Will give it to the end of the week with a solid commitment to follow the program to make a judgement.

GMA - thanks for the bios. Will submit mine later today. Do points for the week start Monday or Sunday? :?:

Already earned 1 point for 20 minutes on the treadmill this a.m. Everyone have a great 4-point day!

mscat
sw238/cw228/gw140

gma22
03-22-2004, 01:28 PM
mscat: we do points daily and they are for the day before, so I am giving smileys for what you earned yesterday.

I have all my chores done, my meat and veggies chopped for dinner tonight and was watching Millionaire until I got disgusted with the woman who is on right now, is a VICE PRINCIPAL and doesn't know answers that she should have been teaching kids! She had to phone the principal for an answer to this animal question and he was only 75% sure. No wonder our kids come out of school with no knowledge, sheesh!

Later girls

Faye ;)

cat90
03-22-2004, 03:13 PM

Hi MsCat ;) glad you joined us :D what is MWL? don't think i've heard of that one.

Yesterday we went shopping for beds as we are having friends and family over from England this year, so i told hubby it would be a good idea to buy some beds seeing as we don't have any other than ours :lol3: he was'nt thrilled about the idea as he hates shopping ( i even have to buy his clothes :rolleyes: ) but he reluctantly came with me so now the spare rooms are set up and i can relax :coffee2: i must have burned a few calories lugging them around :stress: later on i helped hubby load up firewood so a bit of a workout there also :) I really want to treadmill but i know my foot won't hold up to it :( i've even got a nagging pain in it just sitting here :rolleyes: never thought that i'd be bothered about not being able to exercise :lol:

gma22
03-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, I went back to the gym with Jack this afternoon so I am pooped. I did get dinner fixed and cleaned up so I am done with that. Las Vegas is on tonight and I really like that so I am looking forward to a little tv.

Hope you all had good days today and will have an even better tomorrow.

mscat816
03-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone!

Winding up my Monday - Been on program so far, drinking my last 20 oz of water, exercise done, and getting ready to have my last required nutrient.

Cat, MWL is Medical Weight Loss - and I am to eat 3 of their nutrients a day. yech.

I am up another pound(????) and I have really been good. Very frustrating. So I did not go weigh in. I just can't take the condescending scolding I get from one of the really young nurses who really doesn't know anything about weight loss outside of MWL.

I am going to hang in despite the lack of progress and give it till the end of the week. Anyone worked this hard and stayed the same for a week or gained?

Have a great evening.

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140

gma22
03-23-2004, 07:11 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and today we are going to target something I think we all need to think about and that is RELAXING ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT! I know it is always a struggle and I know that desire is high, but unless we just relax about it and not stress, we are going to fail! WHY? Because our expectations overrun what is possible or reasonable. This week concentrate on doing what you are supposed to do. DENY THE IRON MONSTER the privilege of upsetting you, ok? Just keep working and get yourself a good tape measure and once a month take measurements. I am sure you will see results! WE WILL ALL SUCCEED IF WE ARE DOING WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

MsCat: Target today is for you because I know you are upset about the scale numbers. Remember you can gain and lose up to 6 lbs a day because of a variety of reasons so I would suggest weighing once a week or maybe every other week for now to keep you from freaking out about the numbers not coming down. Oh and BTW, GET UP YOUR GUTS AND TELL THE NURSE WHERE TO GO! I would remind her what I told you about the scales and tell her it is YOUR body and NOT hers so there are to be no more comments or you will speak to someone about them! If it was me, I would also tell her she was young, too young to make assumptions she pretty much knows nothing about so SHUT UP! I would also talk to whomever was in charge and tell them either the staff be encouraging or you will take your money and go elsewhere. Actually, my tirade would last awhile because I don't take bologna from anyone! :lol: Just know that right here in this spot you have tons and tons and tons of encouragement and YOU WILL DO THIS!

Have a great morning girls! It is clean the dd's house day so I will check in after I get back!

Satine
03-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Morning ... 3 pointer yesterday...

I hate the scales anyway and I really need to relax over them, I get to where I do it every day and then go nuts when one day it is a half a pound up and next day down...it really is crazy to get on there every day but for some reason I am driven and have to do it...I am really going to try and not weigh myself until Friday morning for our weigh in....I hope I can...it may be more of a compulsive thing, who knows....

MSCat - I am with Faye, I wouldnt take that crap...being overweight and trying to lose is hard enough without some little nurse given ya grief!!!
Tell her what's what........ :lol:

Check back later when everyone has posted....

Mirabelly
03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Morning ladies!

4 points for yesterday. Woo hoo!

Scales suck! "And that's all I have to say about that"--Forest Gump

MsCat--NOONE has the right to lecture you about weight. She may feel like being tough is going to help you, but she needs to know that that is NOT helping. When I was pregnant, I was always so worried that I would be lectured on my weight. I was heavy to start with, but I always ended up losing weight during the first couple of trimesters (from eating extra healthy, not from being sick) so I guess I lucked out. Not a single doctor or nurse ever mentioned my weight. Just my mom :dizzy:

Faye--you are so right about relaxing about the whole weight loss thing. I know every time I start obsessing about my diet and exercise, I end up bingeing. EVERY TIME!! This is a pattern I've had since high school. When I relax about everything, and just try to eat sanely and exercise a little more. Then I do fine.

Ok, Gotta go..... Everyone have a great day!
Julie

mscat816
03-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your great comments - I feel totally empowered. I have decided to get really MAD - Motivated and Determined about losing weight and not letting the scales or MWL staff upset me anymore. :D

Weighed in this a.m. at 226! But I know that can change by the end of the day and cause me grief so I am staying off the scale and will weigh in once a week. I will continue with MWL for the rest of the week, weighing in with them as required but I will tell the nurses to keep my numbers to themselves. ;)

I had a 4 point day Monday, and I am shooting for the same today. As usual exercise done this a.m. Now on to program success, and water.

Faye - You are a great forum leader! Sorry I did not get to that bio last niight but will work on it today :cheer:
Julie, Satine, your support has me soaring.

Have a great Tuesday - release, relax, and renew!

mscat
sw238/gw140

jloo1957
03-23-2004, 12:41 PM
:D Good morning everyone...I had a 4 point day yesterday,and heading for another today...Faye,you are so right about the scale,and that is why I try to weigh only once a month..it can be so discouraging...I use the way my clothes feel as my best support...at the gym they tell us that the muscle weighs more ,so if you are really working out you are building muscle,therefore either staying the same or sometimes even gaining,but still loosing the fat...so we shall not fret :stress: over the scales :goodscale ,and we will march on with our March madness girls...we are all doing so well,and you know the song I'm comming OUT!!!WELL,THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL...GONNA LET IT SHOW...WE ARE KICKIN' BOOTY GIRLS... :strong: :strong: :jig: :jig: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :cp: :dance: :dance: :dance: WERE HOT :flame: :flame: :flame: AND MOVIN TOWARDS OUR GOALS AND NOTHING IS GONNA STOP US... :goodvibes :goodvibes :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: NO MATTER HOW :crazy: ANYONE THINKS WE ARE....AND YOU KNOW WHAT CAT..DON' SO LET ANYONE STAND IN YOUR WAY AND STOP YPU FROM YOUR SUCCESS :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: WERE HERE FOR YOU CHEERING YOU ON...SO LET'S :tread: :tread: ON GIRLS...LOVE AND HUGS....WILL CHECK IN LATER...JOY :workout: :workout: :crazy: :crazy:

knobhdy
03-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Hello,
I am Knobhdy. (pronounced “nobody”, it was a college joke, not a self-esteem thing. ;)) I am looking forward to geting to know all of you. This is me:

Most of my friends are male (although I am not) so when I refer to my Boys in my posts I am probably talking about my boyfriend or my best friend or one of the other guys who are so often at my house trying to obstruct my weight loss by encouraging me to order pizza. (Which, by the way, sounds really good. Veggie pizza with black olives and artichokes. Too bad it comes with so much cheese.)

When I am online I tend to ramble, when I am off-line, I am quite.

I play with computers for fun, and teach high school for a living. It used to be the other way around until the .com crash, and I made more money back then.

I belly dance, but I have been really lame about going to classes (I go to bed at 7:30pm instead of going to class) so I will not be in the recital next month. I will be going back to class after that! Please remind me of my conviction when the time comes.

I suppose you would want to know about my weight loss journey. In high school, I was skinny, almost too skinny, looking back at pictures. But I was very active and I ate very little. College was bad for me and meeting my BF was even worse. He eats a lot (he also needs to loose weight, but he is less motivated. I hope that as I loose he will become motivated to loose as well.) and I ate with him. For almost 3 years. At that point I weighed 210 lbs and I decided enough was enough. That was 2 years ago. I have lost 15 lbs since then, which is not enough.

I was going to the gym at work faithfully every day for the first year but I didn’t see much change and my motivation fell. This spring I have decided to try again. I am starting at 200lbs and my goal is 125 lbs.

The Plan:
Ride my bike for at least an hour a day. (this is also a prerequisite to buying a new bike which I would like to do in May or June)
Use the Machines at the Gym at least 4 times a week.
Drink my water every day (Even on weekends)
Eat out only twice a week (There is nothing I can do about Friday night as I have a standing date with the Boys and some friends. Tuesday is Boys Night In and it is hard to not join them; I am choosing to not fight that battle.)
Bring lunch to work everyday. Avoid the snacks at work. (these go together cause when I don’t bring lunch, the snacks become lunch.)

My mini-Goal is to loose 10 lbs by Mayday.

gma22
03-23-2004, 02:08 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri: :cp:
MsCat :bravo:
Joy :bravo:

Great JOB ladies for yesterday! I would say it was a success all the way around.

Ok, we are going to have to disable Joy's smileys, I think! :lol:

Welcome to knobhody! Glad you could join us. You may want to remind that boyfriend of something, that though he may be young now, not getting fit could cause him to have serious health issues somewhere down the road! It happened to my husband out of the blue with no warning, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, diabetes or anything else just wham a heart attack!! You want him to stay around for a long time and we do too! We are glad to have you here and we will support you all the way! You have set some decent goals for yourself without reaching too high too fast!

Carri: glad the icks are better! :smug:

Looks like we are being overrun by the bellydancing group. Maybe we are all going to have to get on this wagon, though I think about it for me and laugh hysterically! :rofl: :rofl: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :lol:

Got dd's house done for another 2 weeks. Gave ds his Easter present and found that he had just been to the book store and bought the very same books I picked out for him so I am going to get him 2 more and let him pick them out himself. When I left he was playing his new playstation game that I bought him, ignoring me completely until I told him I was going to keep kissing him until he told me he loved me so I got, "(sigh) I love you." More like (get out of here will ya so I can go back to playing!)

Have a great afternoon ladies and keep to the straight and narrow today!

Faye ;)

knobhdy
03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah for me: I went to the gym today! and drank all my water.
:idea: And as a small challange I am only going to have one glass of coke tonight, when the Boys come over, and then switch to water (or maybe Splenda iced tea).

About the boyfriend. He knows he is running a big risk and he is trying to eat better. His mother is very controlling :rolleyes: and so I have to not say anything because he will take even the smallest word and react poorly. In the summer I do order him out to his bike when I go. (It was easier last summer cause neither of us was working) And he does like doing stuff like that with me but he just isn't was motivated as he needs to be. And that has to come from him. :dunno:

Faye- I *so* know what you mean with the video games. i gave the bf a GameCube for his birthday and it is (almost) all he wants to do. Fortunatly for me he is distracted by building our Tivo alternative, Airship, and I can do that with him. (Computer geeks need computer geek; no one else can stand us.)

Have a good day, Ladies.
:wave:

mscat816
03-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Another bellydancer! I guess Faith is right - perhaps everyone on this group should take up the sport and then we will be the only ones with that distinction! You go knobhdy!:D

Just a note about cola's - have you tried diet rite? It is the only cola we drink because it is made with splenda!

Have a great day everyone.

mscat :^:

mscat816
03-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey Faith - what does the exclaimation point mean in the egg?

mscat

Mirabelly
03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Ok, Joy, hand over the smilies and noone gets hurt!

Woo HOOOOO.........Belly Dancers RAK! (ok, that's an inside joke......"raks" is the arabic word for "dance") Welcome nhbdy...or however you spell it. I hope you can go back to class soon. Is your teacher spending too much or all of class working towards the recital? I HATE THAT!! I teach two classes a week in two different towns and am currently in production for our spring show, too. But I always make sure that class time is class time. We still learn our choreography in class, but I don't do any "rehearsing". A few years ago when another lady was running things we lost sooooooo many students because she went "show crazy" for about 3 months. They all said they would come back after the show was over, but they never did. Sounds like you have some great goals! We can't achieve them for you, but we can help alot!

Well, speaking of shows........I've got just over 24 hours to finish costumes for dress rehearsal tomorrow. Better chain myself back to the sewing machine.

Later babes,
Julie

knobhdy
03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Julie - I got no problem with my teacher, she is also one of my best friends and the class is really close. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem if I went to class now. Anne would teach most of the class and she would probably have me fill in for people who were not there. Most of the troup knows most of the choragraphy anyway cause wedust off the peices with different dancers as we need then for performances. Anne is a performance freak and so are most of the rest of us.

I mostly am not going because if I did I would feel bad for not having gotten my butt there earlier and actually be in the show. It will be bad enough to go to the performance. :) Thankfully I love them all.

MsCat - I have tried diet rite and yes it is better then say diet coke, but it is not the same as regular coke. One of my creeds in life is that I will not pay money for something that is not what I want. Thankfully I have the will power to also not spend money on things that I do want but that are bad for me so it mostly works out ok. The problem I run into is when other peopel buy bad things and bring them into my home. The Boys usually do this. However they seem to not have brought soda with them tonight so I may just be cola free anyways. :cheer:

gma22
03-23-2004, 07:38 PM
mscat: I am a doofus, what are you talking about the exclamation point in the egg? I am looking all over the place and don't see what you mean.

Julie: Let's not get on our high horse because we now have a houseful of belly shakers! :lol: I can make mine go 90 miles an hour and all I have to do is walk so there....... :lol3:

Knobhdy: I am going to tell you what I tell everyone else. If regular soft drinks are a "problem" for you than the best thing to do is give them up. If it is an occasional thing and you don't feel they are keeping you from losing than it shouldn't be a problem. They ARE loaded with sugar and sodium, however and it was the one thing I gave up forever. I rarely drink anyting but water anymore, which is a miracle considering I used to NEVER drink water! As for the video games, dd keeps him under control and will not let him just sit and veg in front of it. He is only 3 1/2 but the kid CAN play those games. In fact, he has WON/FINISHED both the Spiderman and the Tony Hawk's Skateboard game. He gets all his brains from his NONNY of course! :D

For the new ladies: Tomorrow is Wednesday's woes so I wanted to explain a little bit. I belonged to a forum that everyone whined about losing weight and then did nothing about it. I decided that if I ever had a chance, I would run something where whining was kept to a minimum so I created Wednesday's woes. I feel it is counterproductive to sit around and do the pitty party thing. You have to be offensive with weight loss not sit back and hope it works out. So, it is the ultimate gripe day. You can gripe about anything and everything on Wednesday's and that includes any problems you are having with your weight loss program.

I hope all of you have an enjoyable evening!

cat90
03-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Ladies, Hiya Knobhdy :wave:

I got a 4pt day today :D i've never stopped so i'm counting that as exercise ;)

The exclamation mark in the egg (bottom right under your Avatar, Faye) is to report a
"bad post" so if anyone is naughty Suzanne will come down on you like a ton of bricks :lol3: ;) i've not clicked on it..don't want to get anyone in trouble :rofl:

gma22
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT COME JOIN US AT #60